Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? (38154 Views)

Managing A Business Abroad. The Pros And Cons / Relocation Abroad: Staying In Nigeria To Build Wealth VS Security Abroad / Family Relocation Abroad! Mature Advice /input Requested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Tingotoe: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2022
1Dray:

Stay and build Nigeria when urchins have vowed with their lives never to allow building or development of Nigeria. They did it in 2015, I know a lot of them here, and they are striving to do it again next year. They are on the mission to forcefully shove failures down our throat, so that the masses will continue languishing in poverty, hunger and starvation.
The nonsense you wrote over here will still not make us vote for Peter Obi so better stick to the topic

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by etrange: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2022
cenaman:
Jakpa sure pass.

Lol... bro say na "jakpa". You must be Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by justmi1: 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
the problem with Nigerians they think money is everything.

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

Nigeria can't guarantee you what I listed above even with money.

Well money is not everything but people need money to process travelling and they make the money here also.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by ednut1(m): 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2022
To many what is the point of having money without having access to the basic things of life.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by 1Dray(m): 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2022
Tingotoe:
The nonsense you wrote over here will still not make us vote for Peter Obi so better stick to the topic

Then keep languishing in hunger and starvation.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by madjune(m): 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2022
Nigeria's biggest problem come in 3 basics.

1. Education at the lowest levels of the society: This will take care of rampaging agberoes on the streets and motor parks, extorting weaker ones.
The policemen who talk through their guns will also be taken care of, with good education.

2. NEPA: Once there's near 24hr daily light supply, jobs will create themselves. Jobs upon jobs.

3. Sound reorientation of the Government ministries:
Most of the times, governments do marshal out sound policies but, their effects are checked in their execution (corruption)
Once there's good mechanism in place to ensure benefits meant for the common man gets to the last rung, the society will improve.

And, these all comes back to good education and the fear of the law.

If the Nigerian legal system really works and is feared, lots of nonsense will stop.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Tingotoe: 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
1Dray:

Then keep languishing in hunger and starvation.
Tell Peter Obi to feed you and family after he wins the election. Dingbat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by onadana: 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
donestk:
Recently a family friend of ours - a very successful man with lots of properties called to announce their relocation to the UK.

Is this the new success or just a herd mentality?

A safety mentality.Living in Nigeria is now a hazard.Anything can happen.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by onadana: 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
A safety mentality.Living in Nigeria is now a hazard.Anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by fuckJones(f): 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
donestk:
Recently a family friend of ours - a very successful man with lots of properties called to announce their relocation to the UK.

Here are the summary of the shocking revelation I got from my dream yesterday, I never doubt my dreams for once.
1. I saw a new pope that will last for five years.
2. they will be civil war in USA that will lead to the country splitting into to two, if your relatives is in USA, start prepping for his return in August, the republic and the democrat will go separately.
3. I saw a new president in Russia, Putin death will cause a lot of crisis in Russian too, I saw confusion in what Kill him.
4. Global financial crisis will hit the world, please don't invest in USA dollar, I saw the end of dollars dominant.

God will help us.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Doyou2019: 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2022
aktolly54:
then stay, I hope tinubu enter as new president then you can say it AGAIN

God forbid o. Which kin rough play be that.

2 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Kormex: 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ballzproblem2:

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

YOU THINK WESTERN WORLD'S WEATHER IS BETTER THAN NIGERIA WEATHER? WAKE UP

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by alphabbey1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2022
Yankee101:
It’s being in an environment that gives your opportunities to succeed

Imagine he bought the property during Goodluck at 7.5mN, today it will be worth 2mN in reality (adjust for inflation and devaluation)

But Someone that cleans nyash (sorry I don’t use such crass words but have to say it exactly as it is) in the UK makes more than a professor in Nigeria
Collecting minimum wage in UK cannot make u better than a Nigerian professor. Dead that illiterate mentality....
You will hardly see a professor that have not traveled out for research to Europe....

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Ifakiland(m): 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2022
donestk:

Werey dey ask mumu question till police go accidentally shoot your papa and mama for ajah

4 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Smartguyboy(m): 2:35pm On Dec 27, 2022
socialmediaman:
In Nigeria, that man could get murdered without any investigation and nobody will be brought to justice. It will just be tagged “bandits” or “unknown gunmen” and case closed.

Electricity was discovered over 200 years ago but many Nigerians still pray for it

Where do you even start from? Nigeria is messed up, no argument there.

The Same thing do happen in your heaven (abroad) too
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Thegamingorca(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2022
ibkayee:

What about your gaming section?

The gaming section died eons ago. What's left in there are scrappers of remnants in a wasteland.

The only thing I can say might be worthwhile in there now are empty halls of topics that tell the story of a once thriving community which sadly faded into nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Ifakiland(m): 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2022
loswhite:
What is your own definition of success? He called only those that are close to him and you decided to bring it to nairaland
Na jealousy and envy dey worry the op, if the man no tell dem, him for say relative left Nigeria without telling his relatives, now him tell the bastard, him still dey ask weda na good news....domestic enemy, that family should be careful of the op bastard

2 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Excelxpress: 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
Nigerians should understand that UK �� is NOT the only good country in Europe

Agents are cashing out from this Uk migration and study stuff

Try and check countries like Netherlands, Belgium, Iceland , Finland , Norway , Sweden and even Luxembourg

13m plus to go to Uk �� to me is madness

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by TheGovernor555: 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ballzproblem2:

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

This is not true
You can get peace of mind with money in Nigeria
You can get security if you're rich in Nigeria. Not everywhere in Nigeria is insecure.
Good weather is you just being delusional.

3 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by ibkayee(f): 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
Thegamingorca:

The gaming section died eons ago. What's left in there are scrappers of remnants in a wasteland.

The only thing I can say might be worthwhile in there now are empty halls of topics that tell the story of a once thriving community which sadly faded into nothing.
I go into different sections and for every serious thread there are about 25 spam threads lol

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by FavouredNK: 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ballzproblem2:

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

This is just the exact answer, it's not everyone that relocates because of more money security and peace of mind summounts every other thing and you and I know that no amount of millions can buy you these things in Nigeria.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Yankee101: 2:40pm On Dec 27, 2022
alphabbey1:

Collecting minimum wage in UK cannot make u better than a Nigerian professor. Dead that illiterate mentality....
You will hardly see a professor that have not traveled out for research to Europe....

The mistake you’re making is assuming Naija person go remain for minimum wage abroad forever

When (even professionals) travel abroad they don’t have the requisite proper certificates to practice. A doctor needs to write certain exams and pass, a lawyer has to be called to the bar in that country, an IT guy may need certain certifications etc, so they resort to jobs requiring no qualifications until they finish their masters abroad or get the necessary certification. So las las them go pay several professors salary

The best bet is to get all your certifications and pass your exams before your travel so you can start job hunting for a professional place or even get employment before you leave. The washing scenario was the least possible case option, barring homelessness, illness etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Brownshoe: 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2022
Agricmoney:
Depends on the purpose and the reason and what you attend to achieve

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
I will japa very soon , if I get there I will like to invest in ur project.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Thegamingorca(m): 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2022
ibkayee:

I go into different sections and for every serious thread there are about 25 spam threads lol

grin grin it's a sad fate for all the good sections.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Nelly312: 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2022
When you get to receive free money from the gift like this

How to apply for $500 FREE Canada Housing Benefit Application JUST Opened | Apply NOW -rent top-up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtCLBHwsDR0
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by 1Sharon(f): 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2022
If he is successful in Nigeria , what was his point of relocating?
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by MiaBeer(m): 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2022
donestk:

I don’t blame even the rich for leaving Nigeria for good. Not when their safety cannot be guaranteed by a worthless federal government. They are the target of kidnappers especially now that most Nigerians have access to phones.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ballzproblem2:

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

did you say good weather ?
Hahahahhahahahhaha
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by omowumi9: 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2022
I know we all can't japa. No matter the no of plp that leave Nigeria, there will still be Nigeria. Those of us still in the country will survive despite all odds.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Spiff20(m): 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2022
Vintage100:
The real rich people don't relocate abroad. No Nigerian billionaires and millionaires relocate abroad. Will people like Adeleke, otedola, Arthur Eze, Obi Cubana for instance relocate abroad?? To do what?? They only go their for businesses and vacations.
The rich remain in Nigeria, it's the average and poor that are relocating. The rich build their wealth here, and can skirt taxes, then travel around the world on vacations, buying mansions in choice countries. It's the poor that will hustle 4 million and use it to japa, then start from square one abroad. If you have enough money like 100 million cooling in your account you won't think of relocating because money can make you comfortable anywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Spiff20(m): 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2022
1Sharon:
If he is successful in Nigeria , what was his point of relocating?
he wasn't as successful as he used to be, he was probably going on downward spiral and saw japa as a life raft. The rich barely relocate unless when they retire.

2 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by theamazonguru(m): 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2022
HeavenlyHolines:
Atimes it can be very boring I mean very boring if you are the social type and you meet in countries where it is mind your business

On this topic of boredom, I practically ran from a younger church friend who has been living in Poland for 2 years now.

This guy must call me every single day..
I was enjoying it at first, in fact dude was pushing me to start making my own moves, he wanted me to come so we would be together. Initially it was fun till it was no longer funny to me. I wanted to run from his friendship, his daily calls etc. Not until I realized the guy was actually bored over there. And he was going through some hard times with his partner, depression set in and was looking for something to at least give him joy and where to pour out his mind. And he found that in me.
It is well.

Different strokes for different folks they say.

If our leaders try their best to make this country one we all will be proud of, I am sure the % of those leaving in drove will fall drastically.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin / FAAN Releases Lists Of Prohibited Items For Passengers / Two Corps Members Die As Vehicle Plunges Into River In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.