Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? (38211 Views)

Managing A Business Abroad. The Pros And Cons / Relocation Abroad: Staying In Nigeria To Build Wealth VS Security Abroad / Family Relocation Abroad! Mature Advice /input Requested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by tete7000(m): 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Depends on what you call "means".

I left Nigeria at 16. My plane ticket was bought with borrowed money. At the time I left Nigeria my family was eating 2 meals a day. My father was riding a bicycle. My parents combined income was $200 per month in Nigeria. I only detail these up because most of these discussions are too abstract, especially with very few using their real names.

Would I have done better staying in Nigeria? I can tell you from close observation and experience...the answer is NO. I've been through this on other threads sha so, whatever.

The core of my contribution here is that except for the top 0.05% of income earners, ANYONE else who has the opportunity will do better if they leave Nigeria for any Anglo-Western country. And by doing better I mean in EVERY facet if existence.

That is why President Buhari, GCFR has lived in UK and Spain with his family for the past 30 to 40 years. He knows Nigeria better than me.

Anyone who has the means should leave. If you CAN'T LEAVE that's another story. It's a monumental error to stay in Nigeria if you're not at the very top of the wealth scale. The future, going by the EVIDENCE, is very bleak.

Have a good day.

You conclusion of will do better gives an impression that everyone who has left Nigeria are doing better, but you know this is not correct. There are people who have left and are not faring better where they currently relocated to.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by alphabbey1(m): 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
SIRTee15:

A naija prof sending 870 thousand Naira per month to her child in UK every month. How much is his salary to afford that amount. Except he's a political appointee of the VC, your story is a lie.
Because the Prof started earning the salary from the moment his daughter reached UK and have no savings !!!

4 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Agricmoney(m): 6:57pm On Dec 27, 2022
Brownshoe:
I will japa very soon , if I get there I will like to invest in ur project.

You are welcomed

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by erico2k2(m): 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2022
tete7000:

You conclusion of will do better gives an impression that everyone who has left Nigeria are doing better, but you know this is not correct. There are people who have left and are not faring better where they currently relocated to.
I think this applies to those who have not legalised their documents.
If you are in a position to say people abroad are not doing that well then you must have at least N40M in your bank b4 you can make such assumption. What I can agree with you here is tis and simple. Do not think there is automatic money here, you must graft it.You work for your money then this is the best one, We all have equal opportunity at the start! For every profession you do in Nigeria if you do them abroad your life will be definitely better. You can only smile in Nigeria if you have money and to do so one must have i initial capital, Where do you get this from?
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by alphabbey1(m): 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2022
Yankee101:

Maybe read properly next time

It says
1. Local reduced fees
2. Scholarships ( I'm sure you've read of Nigerians offered over 7 scholarships worth millions of dollars to multiple ivy leagues in the US here on nairaland)
3. Or even....scholarships. ( yes, they are available as an oprion if you want. Some use it to buy new cars or just live large in school; but it's available. Gbajabiamila just introduced it as legislature under consideration for nigeria, if it wasn't an advantage why would nigeria seek to adopt it?)
I assume the Schorlarship is available for everyone and no student loan is needed...
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by erico2k2(m): 7:09pm On Dec 27, 2022
Agricmoney:

You are welcomed

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
I agree with you a 100, I wish more people can invest in this.Mid January, My company UK based is sending us as team of Engineers to Brazil to fix so humidifiers and so auto weather machines they got there. This farm they have is almost as big as half the size of Lagos in the Amazon.Brazil are now feeding the whole world.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by tete7000(m): 7:14pm On Dec 27, 2022
erico2k2:

I think this applies to those who have not legalised their documents.
If you are in a position to say people abroad are not doing that well then you must have at least N40M in your bank b4 you can make such assumption. What I can agree with you here is tis and simple. Do not think there is automatic money here, you must graft it.You work for your money then this is the best one, We all have equal opportunity at the start! For every profession you do in Nigeria if you do them abroad your life will be definitely better. You can only smile in Nigeria if you have money and to do so one must have i initial capital, Where do you get this from?

To say someone is doing better means you are doing a comparison. You look at where they are, and compare to where they were coming from. Bro.,there have been Nigerians doing excellently well, earning and living well who have abandoned everything to start all over abroad. I know of someone who worked in a multinational, living well and can travel anywhere, anytime but woke up, sold all and relocated abroad. I have been asking what else can he be looking for? How soon can he get the job he left and attain the position he vacated?
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2022
Angelfrost:

Yeah... Shocking!

What is more shocking is that such figures are killed in your country all year round!

Mtchewwww!
Mumu ! Go seek knowledge on how many people a being killed everyday in the US because of their Gun policy ! Go check statistics . Rubbissshhhhhh Talk !

2 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by faceland: 7:16pm On Dec 27, 2022
I would move out in search of success for myself and security for my descendant.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by pacespot(m): 7:20pm On Dec 27, 2022
This is to tell how Nigerians are frustrated with the current Nigerian system, the same system that Tinubu and Atiku are banking on to win the next election. If you had the opportunity to Japa, don't you even think twice.

The best you can do for Nigeria right now before leaving the country is to vote in the right candidate that will steer the wheel of this country back to Law and Order in the next election.

#VotePeterObiForPresident
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by LilleG(m): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2022
If me sef get helper, I will japa oo
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by LilleG(m): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2022
pacespot:
This is to tell how Nigerians are frustrated with the current Nigerian system, the same system that Tinubu and Atiku are banking on to win the next election. If you had the opportunity to Japa, don't you even think twice.

The best you can do for Nigeria right now before leaving the country is to vote in the right candidate that will steer the wheel of this country back to Law and Order in the next election.

#VotePeterObiForPresident
Ok oo

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by uvie66: 7:23pm On Dec 27, 2022
alphabbey1:

Collecting minimum wage in UK cannot make u better than a Nigerian professor. Dead that illiterate mentality....
You will hardly see a professor that have not traveled out for research to Europe....
with all the research they have done in western country how have this improve Nigeria,

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by kabukabu50(m): 7:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
uvie66:
with all the research they have done in western country how have this improve Nigeria,

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Spiff20(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ifakiland:

How many businessmen became millionaires trading in Nigeria or with naira alone? Dey there dey console yourself.....odogwue bitters that's N800 in Nigeria is £30 in the uk....30x905 is N27k foreign trade in foreign currency is the real deal.....by all standard....leaving Nigeria is goal.
Are you living in Nigeria or in Togo? Over 200 million people here, don't you think it's a huge market? Won't you start here first before you go international? Or you want me to give you a list of naira millionaires? Some of you are just far from reality. If you want to japa, then japa. But there home made billionaires who will buy your entire net worth after staying abroad for 10 years. You people should be deceiving yourselves that abroad is the only path to success.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by yomzy123(m): 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2022
I'll prefer to be a billionaire in Nigeria then I can travel round the world for vacation at any time

When you wn become the billionaire na the question be that, is it with that 200k paying for salary ?
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by erico2k2(m): 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2022
tete7000:

To say someone is doing better means you are doing a comparison. You look at where they are, and compare to where they were coming from. Bro.,there have been Nigerians doing excellently well, earning and living well who have abandoned everything to start all over abroad. I know of someone who worked in a multinational, living well and can travel anywhere, anytime but woke up, sold all and relocated abroad. I have been asking what else can he be looking for? How soon can he get the job he left and attain the position he vacated?
Correct,for that guy who worked in multinational to pack up, list of what he could benefits are as follows
1st class healthcare
Security
His kids gets a good life
good roads
Ability to travel ad become a citizen of a great nation
Earn far more money.
I will give you an example, I got a classmate I went to Uni with back in the days i n west London, he works for texaco Overseas, I got another one who works for Texaco Nigeria., My guy who works for Texaco overseas earns more than the guys who are domicile in Nigeria even thought they work both in Nigeria and same platform.£ is still 900.Guys who earn £3000 take home are on a £50k annual salary.
I will give you an example of o ne close to home, Medical Doctors.Howmuch do you think they earn in the Uk, and also a programmer
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by erico2k2(m): 7:36pm On Dec 27, 2022
uvie66:
No 4get Nigeria did not send them, the hustled, all they need do is improve their life and the rest of their family, the rest can F off!

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by erico2k2(m): 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
yomzy123:
I'll prefer to be a billionaire in Nigeria then I can travel round the world for vacation at any time

When you wn become the billionaire na the question be that, is it with that 200k paying for salary ?
This is the thing, If you get paid N400k a month to some people you don hammer, but can you save up N20M from that salary in 20 years?
if you work for 25 years old age never come? grin
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by erico2k2(m): 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2022
Spiff20:
Are you living in Nigeria or in Togo? Over 200 million people here, don't you think it's a huge market? Won't you start here first before you go international? Or you want me to give you a list of naira millionaires? Some of you are just far from reality. If you want to japa, then japa. But there home made billionaires who will buy your entire net worth after staying abroad for 10 years. You people should be deceiving yourselves that abroad is the only path to success.
Just so you know, some people here dey count Malaysha and India as abroad ohh nor 4get
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by SIRTee15: 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2022
alphabbey1:

Clown said rich and poor have same quality of healthcare... Ridiculous statement

If u don't know about something. U shut up and learn. I work in NHS and I treat both rich and poor. It's the same healthcare for everybody and it's free. Nobody jumps waiting time.
U can go private if u like and from my experience, apart from shorter waiting time in private, there's no difference is quality of care delivered btw NHS and private
I brought my dad here for glaucoma laser surgery, very few private hosp perform the procedure, something that's done like pure water under NHS.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Banbanna(m): 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2022
Jayphoenix45:
When you see the happenings around you, you will understand their joy of this relocation thingy. Imagine the pain the family of that lawyer and thousands of southern kaduna families are feeling this period due to the high death rate in the country. Being successful is a good thing but being successful in an environment that supports instead of reduce you makes it better. How many hospitals rejected the woman who was shot yesterday before she finally died? Will that happen in the place they are right now? Make your checks and maybe you will understand the euphoria of their relocation.

As per the medical emergency response part, Nigeria is very lax in that area. But remember you're more likely to be shot over there by ordinary civilians than you are down here because of their loose gun laws/proliferation. Bar some troubled sections of Nigeria such as the North and South east, there's relative security. However their law enforcement agents aren't as capable of extra-judicial killings as our carefree police officers.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Ofadaman(m): 7:42pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
the problem with Nigerians they think money is everything.

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

Nigeria can't guarantee you what I listed above even with money.

Aside good weather, I agree with the other two and can also add others like, education, healthcare and sane economy
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by poseidon12: 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ballzproblem2:

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

Good weather? In snow country
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by shegzhkn: 7:54pm On Dec 27, 2022
tshtsh:

Backend software development with focus on Business process automation . Did it in banking in Nigeria , FinTech in South Africa and now Automobile service lane technology in Canada

Your Stack ??
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by alphabbey1(m): 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2022
SIRTee15:

If u don't know about something. U shut up and learn. I work in NHS and I treat both rich and poor. It's the same healthcare for everybody and it's free. Nobody jumps waiting time.
U can go private if u like and from my experience, apart from shorter waiting time in private, there's no difference is quality of care delivered btw NHS and private
I brought my dad here for glaucoma laser surgery, very few private hosp perform the procedure, something that's done like pure water under NHS.
The waiting time is not part of quality between the rich and poor ?
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Blazadenise(m): 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2022
jericco1:

It is not always about money. I could go for vacation but not relocation.

grin grin
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Father4all: 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2022
jericco1:
I don't see myself relocating
people that are saying this type of thing are the poorest in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by ELEYIofNigeria: 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ballzproblem2:

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

BRO MONEY IS EVEYTHING
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by shegzhkn: 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2022
Spiff20:

Just shut up my friend, ignorant crackhead.

200M citizens, a huge percentage of which are frustrated and are in extreme poverty, let me even ask you what are you proud of being a Nigerian??

2 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by IbeOkehie: 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2022
tete7000:

Everyone who leaves Nigeria and arrives in an Anglo-Western nation is automatically better off. Even being in a FEDERAL PRISON in the
USA is likely a better standard of living than the bottom 30% of Nigerians. I've been to slums in Nigeria and I know how people live there.

A person has to be very physically or mentally disabled not to make a better life in the USA, UK, Australia, NZ or Canada than what they left behind in Nigeria. Yes it can happen to a normal person but the chances are LOW, very low! We're taking stock of PROBABILITY, not absolutes.

Only 0.5% of Nigerians earn over ₦200K per month. Anyone can save that in the USA or UK every month. It's as easy as breathing.

Nigeria is in extremis. I hope it gets better but the portents are just not good. Good Luck to everyone.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by bimbodotun(m): 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2022
Nigeria has one of the best weather.....money buys security in nigeria and u have more peace of mind here in Nigeria if u are rich
Ballzproblem2:

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? / Ikogosi Warm Springs Where Warm And Cold Spring Meet (Pics & Video) / I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.