Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,021 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? (38129 Views)

Managing A Business Abroad. The Pros And Cons / Relocation Abroad: Staying In Nigeria To Build Wealth VS Security Abroad / Family Relocation Abroad! Mature Advice /input Requested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by InvertedHammer: 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
donestk:
Recently a family friend of ours - a very successful man with lots of properties called to announce their relocation to the UK.

Is this the new success or just a herd mentality?
/

Just from the comments here alone, there is no reason any sane human would not leave Nigeria. There are way too many animals in human forms than real humans. The best approach is to japa and look into Nigeria from outside.

If you are already suffering in Nigeria, why not take that suffering to where there is hope? If the people continue to vote in mannequins as Presidents, just shrug it off as a normal thing. The Nigerian situation is not relocation or migration but an escape---more like prison break.

/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Sweetvie: 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2022
Just dey play grin
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by alphabbey1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2022
GambaOsaka:

Which century are you in ?
All you said was correct until 9 months ago.
Some Professors are begging for food now.
Most of them have gone into debts due to the unpaid 8 months salary. They have borrowed from cooperative here and there to sustain their livelihood with the hope that government will pay them for the work they didn’t do.
Nowadays, smart professors do jamajama by going to private universities to teach part time.
You know of a professor begging for food ? Or just hearsay and hypothetically thinking the 8 months strike will make them destitute.....
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by rickpat(m): 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2022
farouk2much:
federal government failed to build Nigeria.... No any individual can...... So he did what is right for him
no,leave the op make e dey ask questions...even blind man knows when war is looming...
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Yankee101: 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2022
alphabbey1:

Talking from experience,
A professor I know just sent her daughter to university of Kingston, London... half of her school fees have been paid for as tuition deposit. She doesnt do any Job other than study, the professor is sending her 1k£ per month for upkeep....

In summary, Nigerian professors are living pretty decent lives. A typical professor have 100% chance of relocating abroad, but they don’t.... They have there reasons.....

I could remember when I was in my 300L in University of ibadan, junior lecturer that just came few weeks ago have started riding highlander... few weeks after, she went to Canada for research....
Many professors go on holiday in abroad like they are travelling inter-state....

In summary, Nigerian professors cannot be oppressed, these guys are money bags but just pretending to be broke...
You will be very wrong if you think a professional in abroad is better than them
A Nigerian with a green card gets to pay local fees or even free schorlarship based for their kids with study loans to foot all the bills and don't have to give the child any kobo unless they want to.

You see the difference?

Car na pure water here. Walk into any dealership with just good credit amd a regular source of income and you'll drive out a brand new car.

Travel? You're already abroad so just drive or fly to all the world famous spots. And go to naija for Christmas like igbos do

Healthcare is free in the UK, same place your president buhari goes for treatment

The lecturer in naija sometimes has to sell handouts illegally, take bribes for marks etc

A professor's salary is 400 to 500k naira. So your prof sending 1k$ to the daughter monthly has another source of income not just salary

There's no justification for bad governance

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by GambaOsaka: 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2022
alphabbey1:

You know of a professor begging for food ? Or just hearsay and hypothetically thinking the 8 months strike will make them destitute.....

Firsthand experience.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by alphabbey1(m): 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2022
Jayphoenix45:

Can we be factual for a moment? If the constant killings in southern kaduna and all forms of terrorism and insecurity was happening in UK and US the way it’s happening in Nigeria, will their government treat it with laxity the way our government treats it? I’m not condemning Nigeria as totally despicable just saying the access to good healthcare, security, amenities, respect for human rights and dignity is nothing compared to what is available in this same UK and US you’re comparing to Nigeria at the moment.
Good health care, security, you belive that shit exist over there for the poor citizens !!!...

Talking of security and peace of mind, how about this
https://twitter.com/2Wild2Crazy/status/1603999518541979648?t=FbpfTYHrOdNrdRm5o_s4uA&s=19
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by chineduisaac(m): 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
the problem with Nigerians they think money is everything.

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

Nigeria can't guarantee you what I listed above even with money.

How can you be comparing their freezing cold weather with our lovely weather

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Angy55(f): 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2022
GRACEGLORY:
Yes naa, it's the African syndrome. But little do they know slavery's still existing the west has just been concealing it.

I think the current rate of Slavery in Nigeria is higher with the way things are here.

2 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by alphabbey1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
Yankee101:

A Nigerian with a green card gets to pay local fees or even free schorlarship based for their kids with study loans to foot all the bills and don't have to give the child any kobo unless they want to.

You see the difference?

Car na pure water here. Walk into any dealership with just good credit amd a regular source of income and you'll drive out a brand new car.

Travel? You're already abroad so just drive or fly to all the world famous spots. And go to naija for Christmas like igbos do

Healthcare is free, same place your president buhari goes for treatment

The lecturer in naija sometimes has to sell handouts illegally, take bribes for marks etc

A professors salary is 400 to 500k naira. So your prof sending 1k$ to the daughter monthly has another source of income not just salary

There's no justification for bad governance

I stopped reading the moment you mentioned the bolded. Student loan ? For real!!! That's an advantage you can think of ?

How about you ask those that collected those loan to give u first hand aftermath experience...

And talking of health care, u better be talking of other countries other than US...
And healthcare ain't free in UK, u'll pay for that stuff right before you leave Nigeria...

Healthcare is free in Nigeria also if you are under NHIS.... University students in Nigeria are enjoying free healthcare.... Goverment workers are enjoying free healthcare.....

2 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by tete7000(m): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
socialmediaman:
In Nigeria, that man could get murdered without any investigation and nobody will be brought to justice. It will just be tagged “bandits” or “unknown gunmen” and case closed.

Electricity was discovered over 200 years ago but many Nigerians still pray for it

Where do you even start from? Nigeria is messed up, no argument there.
And who told you people don't get senselessly killed in various mass shootings in US every year without the US government being able to put a stop to it.
I know a promising man that left with his family to relocate to us, he got killed by a truck in the US less than two years after he left Nigeria, today his wife ìṣ widow and his baby will never know his father. If death want to find you, go to Antarctica it will come there to look for you. Statistics of those who get missing, or killed in the US is as staggering as the figures of missing or killed people in Nigeria, you can do a research.

2 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by socialmediaman: 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2022
tete7000:

And who told you people don't get senselessly killed in various mass shootings in US every year without the US government being able to put a stop to it.
I know a promising man that left with his family to relocate to us, he got killed by a truck in the US. If death want to find you, go to Antarctica it will come there to look for you. Statistics of those who get missing, or killed in the US is as staggering as the figures of missing or killed people in Nigeria, you can do a research.

The full length of my comment implied that murderers are investigated and brought to book, people are not asked to bring money to investigate their own cases, which is the case in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Pappy0022: 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2022
Have lived my 37yrs in naija with bad government and nothing to show... I just relocate enter London last month with my family and I see that there is a big difference between sane country and insane country.. imagine where cars need to stop for you from afar just to cross the road.. Relocate if you can to a sane country, find job.. no matter how small the job is,thank God for the next step in life...

13 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by kabukabu50(m): 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2022
tete7000:

I know a promising man that left with his family to relocate to us, he got killed by a truck in the US less than two years after he left Nigeria, today his wife ìṣ widow and his baby will never know his father. If death want to find you, go to Antarctica it will come there to look for you. Statistics of those who get missing, or killed in the US is as staggering as the figures of missing or killed people in Nigeria, you can do a research.

In Nigeria kidnappers can block a federal highway and stop cars and buses at will,robbing and taking hostages.

If you tried to block a highway in the US .

You would be run over

If you waved guns in the air,Police would be there in under 6 minutes and you most likely would be shot.

Also an entire village can be slaughtered by terrorists...eg Benue,Kwara,Borno...that is never happening in any US city.

If you get killed in the US,most likely the perpetrators will be tried and convicted.

This is not happening in Nigeria.

Domestic violence in Nigeria is ridiculously high with family members fighting each other sometimes killing
and nobody ever gets charged.

Police laugh it off and tell you to square them??

7 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Sweetvie: 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2022
It just a matter of choice
Everyone can't stay in Nigeria smiley
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by texazzpete(m): 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2022
donestk:
Recently a family friend of ours - a very successful man with lots of properties called to announce their relocation to the UK.

Is this the new success or just a herd mentality?

Successful man with lots of properties is unlikely to be following 'herd mentality'. Better give yourself sense.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Yankee101: 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2022
alphabbey1:

I stopped reading the moment you mentioned the bolded. Student loan ? For real!!! That's an advantage you can think of ?

How about you ask those that collected those loan to give u first hand aftermath experience...

And talking of health care, u better be talking of other countries other than US...
And healthcare ain't free in UK, u'll pay for that stuff right before you leave Nigeria...

Healthcare is free in Nigeria also if you are under NHIS.... University students in Nigeria are enjoying free healthcare.... Goverment workers are enjoying free healthcare.....

Maybe read properly next time

It says
1. Local reduced fees
2. Scholarships ( I'm sure you've read of Nigerians offered over 7 scholarships worth millions of dollars to multiple ivy leagues in the US here on nairaland)
3. Or even....scholarships. ( yes, they are available as an oprion if you want. Some use it to buy new cars or just live large in school; but it's available. Gbajabiamila just introduced it as legislature under consideration for nigeria, if it wasn't an advantage why would nigeria seek to adopt it?)
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Fearyourcreator: 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ballzproblem2:

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

Lolzzzxx... All this list no join... Peace of mind... Very funny... Na government go give you peace of mind... Weather? Security we still hear that one
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Fearyourcreator: 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2022
MrBroke:

So you think UK and the United States guarantees that hmmm??
You dey mind am
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by seunayantokun(m): 6:25pm On Dec 27, 2022
A short-term escape for individuals.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by donhils: 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ballzproblem2:

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

Yet whites are the ones that always commit suicide that's not peace of mind , sporadic shooting is a security threat, extreme cold is not good weather
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by IbeOkehie: 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2022
SexyBabe001:

Hello Ibe,

I understand your POV perfectly well but I still insist that travelling out is not cost effective especially for someone who has no backbone or fianancial help. Travelling to Dubai thats about 4-6hrs trip by air is about 5-6million both visa and ticket alongside pocket money for sometime. If you are going to Canada or UK, US etc its another ball game.

We all know that travelling out is an investment but if you don't have the means, its a wasted effort.

Depends on what you call "means".

I left Nigeria at 16. My plane ticket was bought with borrowed money. At the time I left Nigeria my family was eating 2 meals a day. My father was riding a bicycle. My parents combined income was $200 per month in Nigeria. I only detail these up because most of these discussions are too abstract, especially with very few using their real names.

Would I have done better staying in Nigeria? I can tell you from close observation and experience...the answer is NO. I've been through this on other threads sha so, whatever.

The core of my contribution here is that except for the top 0.05% of income earners, ANYONE else who has the opportunity will do better if they leave Nigeria for any Anglo-Western country. And by doing better I mean in EVERY facet of existence.

That is why President Buhari, GCFR has lived in UK and Spain with his family for the past 30 to 40 years. He knows Nigeria better than me.

Anyone who has the means should leave. If you CAN'T LEAVE that's another story. It's a monumental error to stay in Nigeria if you're not at the very top of the wealth scale. The future, going by the EVIDENCE, is bleak.

Have a good day.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by SIRTee15: 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2022
alphabbey1:

Talking from experience,
A professor I know just sent her daughter to university of Kingston, London... half of her school fees have been paid for as tuition deposit. She doesnt do any Job other than study, the professor is sending her 1k£ per month for upkeep....

In summary, Nigerian professors are living pretty decent lives. A typical professor have 100% chance of relocating abroad, but they don’t.... They have there reasons.....

I could remember when I was in my 300L in University of ibadan, junior lecturer that just came few weeks ago have started riding highlander... few weeks after, she went to Canada for research....
Many professors go on holiday in abroad like they are travelling inter-state....

In summary, Nigerian professors cannot be oppressed, these guys are money bags but just pretending to be broke...
You will be very wrong if you think a professional in abroad is better than them

A naija prof sending 870 thousand Naira per month to her child in UK every month. How much is his salary to afford that amount. Except he's a political appointee of the VC, your story is a lie.

7 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by SIRTee15: 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2022
alphabbey1:

Good health care, security, you belive that shit exist over there for the poor citizens !!!...

Talking of security and peace of mind, how about this
https://twitter.com/2Wild2Crazy/status/1603999518541979648?t=FbpfTYHrOdNrdRm5o_s4uA&s=19

In UK every citizen poor or rich has the same quality of care available within the country be it common cold or cancer, and it's free.
Pls limit yourself to what u know.

3 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Daviestunech(m): 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2022
clems88:
I'll prefer to be a billionaire in Nigeria then I can travel round the world for vacation at any time

Just pray that it's won't b when u are going to airport to travel u will b shot by a happy triggered police man.. or kidnapped by bandit

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by cool318(m): 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
clems88:
I'll prefer to be a billionaire in Nigeria then I can travel round the world for vacation at any time

I know a very wealthy and successful business man who has been kidnapped severally and paid unmentionable millions if not billions as ransom .
He was forced to advice himself

Nobody, I mean nobody is safe except Buhari and Governor's.
Politicians can still be used for target practice

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by princety24(m): 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2022
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by PDJT: 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2022
100PercentNaija:
I prefer to be a lion in the jungle than a dog in the city - Sound Sultan.
I no forget area o....

-Sound Sultan died and was buried in the USA. Just saying...

-But at OP why are you bothered about your neighbour's relocation?

2 Likes

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by kabukabu50(m): 6:47pm On Dec 27, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Depends on what you call "means".

I left Nigeria at 16. My plane ticket was bought with borrowed money. At the time I left Nigeria my family was eating 2 meals a day. My father was riding a bicycle. My parents combined income was $200 per month in Nigeria. I only detail these up because most of these discussions are too abstract, especially with very few using their real names.

Would I have done better staying in Nigeria? I can tell you from close observation and experience...the answer is NO. I've been through this on other threads sha so, whatever.

The core of my contribution here is that except for the top 0.05% of income earners, ANYONE else who has the opportunity will do better if they leave Nigeria for any Anglo-Western country. And by doing better I mean in EVERY facet if existence.

That is why President Buhari, GCFR has lived in UK and Spain with his family for the past 30 to 40 years. He knows Nigeria better than me.

Anyone who has the means should leave. If you CAN'T LEAVE that's another story. It's a monumental error to stay in Nigeria if you're not at the very top of the wealth scale. The future, going by the EVIDENCE, is very bleak.

Have a good day.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by tete7000(m): 6:47pm On Dec 27, 2022
socialmediaman:

The full length of my comment implied that murderers are investigated and brought to book, people are not asked to bring money to investigate their own cases, which is the case in Nigeria

I understand, but in the same US the sensible thing to do to stop senseless killings has been rejected by their politicians too, arms control. So it doesn't matter if you bring the culprit to book if tomorrow another mad man will still have access to gun to waste people's lives. Bringing culprit to book won't bring the dead back to life.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by alphabbey1(m): 6:48pm On Dec 27, 2022
SIRTee15:

In UK every citizen poor or rich has the same quality of care available within the country be it common cold or cancer, and it's free.
Pls limit yourself to what u know.
Clown said rich and poor have same quality of healthcare... Ridiculous statement

1 Like

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Thazard(m): 6:49pm On Dec 27, 2022
HeavenlyHolines:
Depending on the country but I no go lie for you, abroad sweet if you get the right papers and u de do legit things. I like Niger I no go lie for you but circumstances make men change their mind. Abroad is not that eldorado. Atimes it can be very boring I mean very boring if you are the social type and you meet in countries where it is mind your business but in all if don change my passport and make money, I de come back. I miss Niger food, vibes, preaching and evangelism etc. but he de easier to go heaven from abroad than for Niger oo coz small small sins like gossiping, malice, unnecessary hatred etc. wey big pass fornication no de here
cheesycheesycheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) / Big Birds Of The Sky; Incredible Paintings Of World’s Leading Aircraft / Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.