Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? (38159 Views)

Managing A Business Abroad. The Pros And Cons / Relocation Abroad: Staying In Nigeria To Build Wealth VS Security Abroad / Family Relocation Abroad! Mature Advice /input Requested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Spiff20(m): 10:56pm On Dec 27, 2022
All of you that are clamoring to japa you won't make it in Nigeria with that mentality. If you think you must travel ashore to be successful, then God help you because the price for that is going up every second and meanwhile you'll continue to be poor in Nigeria because of your mental health.

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by kabukabu50(m): 10:56pm On Dec 27, 2022
Adelaide54:
Yes it is. The ultimate goal in life is to be subservient to the White,may God Make it possible for all Nigerians. If not for them White people, we'd never be able to make it this far in life. Even if they ask to open your mouth and pee inside, it's worth it. Mind you, their pee doesn't smell. We're supposed to be eating their poo. Because, come to think of it, these oyinbo people are better than us in all ways. They pity us to be coming to their country so we can be successful in life. Do you think an average Nigerian can be successful without setting foot in the abroad? Hell No. Seriously, we're supposed to slave ourselves to death to satisfy the White people. Thanks to them, Nigerians are doing really fine today

If your President and politicians use White mans hospital and white mans universities for their children.

Its good enough for you and me.

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by tshtsh: 11:08pm On Dec 27, 2022
shegzhkn:

Your Stack ??
Angular , typescript , JavaScript, c#, Java , sql (sql server and sybase db artisan), lotus domino, AWS (lambda , sqs, sns, dynamo)…
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Maski87: 11:11pm On Dec 27, 2022
There is no senior political,whose family is in Nigeria

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Ifakiland(m): 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2022
Spiff20:
Are you living in Nigeria or in Togo? Over 200 million people here, don't you think it's a huge market? Won't you start here first before you go international? Or you want me to give you a list of naira millionaires? Some of you are just far from reality. If you want to japa, then japa. But there home made billionaires who will buy your entire net worth after staying abroad for 10 years. You people should be deceiving yourselves that abroad is the only path to success.
Lolzzz you wish....you know nothing.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Maski87: 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2022
There is no senior political,whose family is in Nigeria, si those who love Nigeria so much can continue building Nigeria

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by HIPROFILE(m): 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2022
Not a measure of success neither does it depict being successful however its not easy to get relocated abroad the financial involvement is not childing grin
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Maski87: 11:23pm On Dec 27, 2022
0.1% of 200million are fabulously wealthy how does that make the country a good place, may be hoping that one day you will join the 0.1% is what keeps people going,but that is an illusion

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by StreetFight: 11:33pm On Dec 27, 2022
jericco1:
I don't see myself relocating

You cannot afford it. It is not for people who cannot afford two square meals a day.

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by StreetFight: 11:37pm On Dec 27, 2022
1Dray:

Stay and build Nigeria when urchins have vowed with their lives never to allow building or development of Nigeria. They did it in 2015, I know a lot of them here, and they are striving to do it again next year. They are on the mission to forcefully shove failures down our throat, so that the masses will continue languishing in poverty, hunger and starvation.

Whether you are alive or you commit suicide, Tinubu will be President in 2023. We did it in 2015, we did it in 2019, so doing it in 2023 will be effortless. Same strategy, same result. Old tricks will always work against fools. If you want to die, you can die of hatred and bitterness like those before you, Tinubu is Nigeria's next President.

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by jaxxy(m): 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2022
donestk:
Recently a family friend of ours - a very successful man with lots of properties called to announce their relocation to the UK.

Is this the new success or just a herd mentality?

Nope its just survival strategy. Nigeria currently is like a ship without a captain. Not everyone is patient to hope it takes us to shore or our destination.

If u have an a means or opportunity to get to safety or stable/dry land or join a smaller boat with a captain or better sailor why not? undecided

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by kabukabu50(m): 11:44pm On Dec 27, 2022
Adelaide54:

This guy used to amaze me with his very ridiculous and stupid takes cheesy. I'm always looking out for his comments on anything that has to point to the fact that no Nigerian is as successful as he is in the US. LoL. I pray you find yourself in a US prison as you claim they enjoy better freedom than an average individual roaming free in Nigeria. Very unfortunate set of people. May what you wish for Nigeria and her people be your portion . You're probably a roadside mechanic in Delta state making 2k monthly. Most of you have never even stepped foot abroad

The only people who wish bad for Nigeria are the bubus that YOU vote for and support

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Chasemaduka: 11:48pm On Dec 27, 2022
321 people are shot everyday in the US. Now let me laugh your ignorance. 95% of that figure are gang related shooting. Its like using cult clash in Nigeria to rate insecurity. Those gang related shootings are they random? Do dey affect the regular working class law abiding citizens?. Bokoharam killings in Nigeria in a month are more than all deaths be it accidents, illness, etc recorded in the US in 1 year. Yes i repeat, Bokoharam killings in Nigeria in a month is more than death in US in 1 year. NO CARRY YOUR MUMU PUT FOR FRONT
Himtulie247:
Mumu ! Go seek knowledge on how many people a being killed everyday in the US because of their Gun policy ! Go check statistics . Rubbissshhhhhh Talk !

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by kabukabu50(m): 11:57pm On Dec 27, 2022
Adelaide54:

True. You're actually right. I just pray and hope that Tinubu becomes the president

Only if Tinubu and every member of his Cabinet withdraw all relatives from US and UK schools and swear to never travel for medical treatment will I support him
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Father4all: 12:10am On Dec 28, 2022
jericco1:

Lol you that are the richest, what have you achieved ode?

If you like don't stay and build your nation. Be there gratifying over what others have done for themselves mumu
your fat.her is an ode. Have you ever seen a pat.riotic Nigerian?
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by jimpix11: 12:11am On Dec 28, 2022
Spiff20:
I may not be bright, but anyone who thinks he must leave his country to be successful is not just dumb but has his brain inundated with ice shit.

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Profkenny1(m): 1:15am On Dec 28, 2022
DaddyYankee:
USA has more murder and crime cases than Nigeria.

Fact!

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by IbeOkehie: 1:16am On Dec 28, 2022
Adelaide54:

This guy used to amaze me with his very ridiculous and stupid takes cheesy. I'm always looking out for his comments on anything that has to point to the fact that no Nigerian is as successful as he is in the US. LoL. I pray you find yourself in a US prison as you claim they enjoy better freedom than an average individual roaming free in Nigeria. Very unfortunate set of people. May what you wish for Nigeria and her people be your portion . You're probably a roadside mechanic in Delta state making 2k monthly. Most of you have never even stepped foot abroad

I post with my real name. I live in Raleigh, North Carolina. I've gotten a few emails and even had phone calls with a few Nairalanders since I started posting comments here. We should be asking what's YOUR real name and where do YOU live.

I've never written anything anywhere that remotely suggests no Nigerian is as successful as he is in the US. What I've done is present REAL DATA and illustrate with my personal insights.

The facts are that only 0.5% of Nigerians earn more than ₦‎200K per month, 97.5% of bank accounts contain less than ₦‎500K and less than 7% of households in Lagos have access to public mains piped water or reliable electricity....and Lagos is one of the richest states in the country. Nigeria is a top producer of crude oil but suffers from scarcity of petrol. Those are the realities and I've lived them. So have you.

I accept that presenting my comments in this way will open me up to accusations of arrogance, pride and all what not. That's fine, some will grasp the info I'm laying out and hopefully it will inform their decisions. Everyone who can afford or find a way should migrate from Nigeria. Things are going to get MUCH WORSE than now. Look around the world and take a measure of countries with similar demographics and political economy and you can tell where the country is headed. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Profkenny1(m): 1:19am On Dec 28, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Not true at all. Just Boko Haram, herdsmen and unkown gunmen alone makes your statement a LIE.

Everyday in the US, 16 children are killed by gun violence. This year alone, over 6,000 children died via gun violence. These are children, not including adults. Do we have same in Naija?

If US does not have 911 emergency number to call, there would be anarchy! Nigeria doesn't have emergency number, I mean I didn't grow up with one and we're still in order.

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by SIRTee15: 1:31am On Dec 28, 2022
alphabbey1:

The waiting time is not part of quality between the rich and poor ?
waiting time is for non urgent procedure, and its quite affordable for even middle class. with as low as 50 pounds, u can buy health insurance policy.
critical and urgent care is given utmost priority for all irrespective of class. When Boris Johnson had covid, he was treated in st thomas and guy hospital.
if u live in pekham- a working class neighbourhood and your illness requires ICU admission, u will admitted into same ICU ward and attended by same staff that managed boris Johnson.
u think its nigeria where your leaders built hosptials they cant use for commoners, while they jump ship at every attempt to see their foreign doctors even if its headache.
U better travel out and see how modern society functions. stop the delusion.

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Srii: 1:45am On Dec 28, 2022
alphabbey1:

Collecting minimum wage in UK cannot make u better than a Nigerian professor. Dead that illiterate mentality....
You will hardly see a professor that have not traveled out for research to Europe....
In as much as I always love to keep quite when people are discussing about japa etc. I just find it difficult not to talk when someone says such rubbish.
Same set of people would say, it's not all about money. If it's not all about money why would a sane person leave Nigeria to go and be washing someone's mess.
That aside, a professor in Nigeria can live in a 4 bedroom apartment conformably without fear of bills. He can even do solar for 24/7 electricity. Can a cleaner in all these countries live conformably in a 2 bedroom apartment??.

I don't disagree with people who want to stay in Nigeria or people who wants to migrate. It's thier choice. We all have our reasons, no problem if we want to warn people who want to leave or those who want to stay about their decision but please we should stop constituting nuisance on the net.

I pray we all have a good and happy life with chaos.
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Bede2u(m): 1:51am On Dec 28, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
the problem with Nigerians they think money is everything.

a) peace of mind

b) security

c) good weather.

Nigeria can't guarantee you what I listed above even with money.
I live abroad. Remove that good weather fess. Nigeria has a good weather
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by 1Dray(m): 2:19am On Dec 28, 2022
StreetFight:

Whether you are alive or you commit suicide, Tinubu will be President in 2023. We did it in 2015, we did it in 2019, so doing it in 2023 will be effortless. Same strategy, same result. Old tricks will always work against fools. If you want to die, you can die of hatred and bitterness like those before you, Tinubu is Nigeria's next President.
Shamefuly go and make Tinubu the president of your village, we have rejected him.

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by IbeOkehie: 2:44am On Dec 28, 2022
Profkenny1:

Everyday in the US, 16 children are killed by gun violence. This year alone, over 6,000 children died via gun violence. These are children, not including adults. Do we have same in Naija?

If US does not have 911 emergency number to call, there would be anarchy! Nigeria doesn't have emergency number, I mean I didn't grow up with one and we're still in order.

The USA is far safer than Nigeria. I've lived in both places and I know what I'm writing about, I feel safer in the USA.

6,000 children is a lot and regrettable, but I'm sure the murder rate in Nigeria is far higher than the USA and add to that, we know which government tries to investigate and dispense justice. Repeat - Boko Haram, Unknown Gunmen and herders alone have made Nigeria into a country of murderous mayhem. Imagine an organization that enforces STAY AT HOME in a whole region. Where terrorists kidnap DOZENS or hundreds of school children and gang rape them and impregnate the girls.

There's nothing like that in the USA, not even the BLM riots of 2020 and those were very bad.

Anyway I've learned that educated Nigerians just like to argue for the sake of it. If you think Nigeria is safer than USA, good for you.

Have a good night.

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by Ashirioluwa: 3:07am On Dec 28, 2022
jericco1:
I don't see myself relocating

Ok, I heard you bro.

Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by litaninja(m): 3:12am On Dec 28, 2022
Is escaping from a country where a policeman will comfortably end 3 lives with a single gunshot on a christmas morning while the family is returning from church a success?

You tell us.

donestk:
Recently a family friend of ours - a very successful man with lots of properties called to announce their relocation to the UK.

Is this the new success or just a herd mentality?
Re: Is Relocation Abroad The New Success? by litaninja(m): 3:26am On Dec 28, 2022
Sure, You might live to do that, if a policeman doesn't fire a random shot, or a laden container doesn't fall, or a petrol tanker doesn't blow up, or a vandalized pipeline doesn't raze your house, or you're not kidnapped or a flood doesn't sweep you away or use fake medicines, or get treated by a quack doctor, or.....

Guess what? One time, PHCN (IKDC) went to someone's place to do come repair work on their prepaid meter. After the repairs, they reversed the connection of live and neutral thereby electrifying circuits that should be otherwise shut off when switches or breakers were off. The entire house started giving out free electric shocks. Someone almost got electrocuted in the shower.
That's a licensed distribution company o. lmao.

Just look at some of the threats to your life EVERY SINGLE DAY. You are literally rolling the die and gambling with your life in nigeria sir.

Greenscientist:
It depends on what your priorities are. Many go for different reasons.

I don't count it as success and I will reject the opportunity to go at least for now.

I want to make it big in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

FAAN Releases Lists Of Prohibited Items For Passengers / Two Corps Members Die As Vehicle Plunges Into River In Enugu (Photos) / I Think The Most Beautiful Places In Africa Are:

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50