Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. (22683 Views)

❗Don't Buy A Car Without Inviting Me To Inspect It For You❗❗ / Peugeot E-legend That Drives Itself: Car Without Driver Got Nigerians Talking / BMW Introduces Wireless Charging To Charge Your Car Without Cables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by MoneyMustBMade(m): 8:56am On Dec 29, 2022
nedekid:
My brother. Na wah oh.
From my house the police picked up the car dealer, the oluwole man, the other car dealer, anyone linked with the matter indirectly or directly. Then drove them to the Niger delta. Forget the suffering. Imagine the torture. After that the man had to stay in their cell for long period. The case charged to court. Went to jail pending bail. Then had to attend each court date all the way from Lagos. Had to be settling all manner of people. His wife abandoned him and his kids. He put his 6 flats house for sale. Don't know if he succeeded in selling it, omo the man slumped and died.
Na so case gats to end.
That is why man must pray to avoid trouble.
Just imagine if we were not able to make contacts that saved us.

Shit! Very painful
Am a business man oo, I pray God will not let something close to this to near me.
But atimes some businessmen do buy things from people even when they know that is a stolen things, and it will encourage more thief.
May the man soul rest in peace. Amen

And thank God for your life oo, you will recover all you lost in Jesus name. Amen
Pls next time be careful

2 Likes

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by dalass(f): 9:02am On Dec 29, 2022
sukkot:
oh that was nedekid story. me i dont like dogs oooo cheesy

Oh sorry about that grin

I guess some Nigerians don't particularly like them but for the security they bring to any environment they are. At least thieves even Police go respect your house when they hear dogs ordinary barking grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by nedekid: 9:21am On Dec 29, 2022

1 Like

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by sukkot: 9:38am On Dec 29, 2022
dalass:

Oh sorry about that grin

I guess some Nigerians don't particularly like them but for the security they bring to any environment they are. At least thieves even Police go respect your house when they hear dogs ordinary barking grin
its true and i realize the huge benefit in havving dogs around and regret not liking them because i can see the huge benefits in having them as companions. unfortunately i wasnt raised with dogs so i just cant relate to them. wink
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Sportwin(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2022
Ofemmanu1:

There are three types of sensor on that engine.

I've had such issue while everyone was shouting "Raising sensor" but it wasnt the accelerating sensor.

There's a sensor beneath the battery, it's the one responsible.
Meanwhile, oil can leak from many places, eg, Bad Crankshaft oilseal, Top Cover, Bad bottom plate seal or power steering oil leakages.

The bad sensor is like 10k but raising sensor is 3k.
Crankshaft oilseal is 2k, sealant is 1k workmanship 4k.

That's all, just get to your mechanic and get it done if not you can bring the vehicle to Lokoja, Kogi state for Masters touch.

Okay boss
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 11:24am On Dec 29, 2022
maasoap:

Seeing how you wished bad things for Tinubu's supporters, I knew you didn't enough sense in you.

MENTAL INSANITY IS A TRADEMARK OF TINUPOO SUPPORTERS. YOU NEED BRAIN SURGERY. COWARD.

1 Like

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by MoneyMustBMade(m): 12:46pm On Dec 29, 2022
nedekid:

Amen, thanks.
That dealer we had bought lots of vehicles from him for years before then. Those Japan imports they convert form lefty. 1 landcruiser, (2) 4 runners, about 4 hummer buses, 1 Toyota lexus 300 twin turbo sedan. Started doing business with him 2003 or so. Most of these vehicles mention were bought that far back. No issues.
This one that brought wahala was bought many years later. Don't want to be specific but after 2010. So it was someone we knew and had dealt with for years. We were careful as could be. Thank God we got our receipt and customs documents, change of ownership etc.
Another saving grace was we even paid above the then current market price for the vehicle. (the major saving grace). If we had paid any lower, it will have raised suspicion that we knew it was a stolen vehicle.
May God continue to protect us. IJN.

Chai
You have patronize him Wella self and I believe he knew is was stolen goods
He shouldn't have sell the car to you when his fully aware that you're a long time customer.
No wahala

1 Like

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by OlawaleBammie: 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2022
Capernum:
Bought a Mitsubishi Outlander... Very clean interior and exterior, sound engine and gear, ac intact too... It was even fairly cheap.

Later got home to discover that all the underparts are bad and rusty... All metals beneath are very rusty...

To even change the tires, na war to unscrew the nuts. All the beam and chassis are so bad that at a point, I couldn't carry more than 3 passengers.

I sold it at a loss to a gullible buyer like me too.

One of my plenty errors in 2022

Omoohhhh this tin funny ooh

Motor wey no fit carry four passengers no be motor na, even Marwa can do better grin

1 Like

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by razible5384(m): 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
Foodie1:
Kai, e get car (Toyota carina E) wey my papa buy give us as children car, wey we go carry dey go school, the motor no dey reverse na only front e dey go. grin cheesy
the car nah forward ever nah grin grin

1 Like

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by bimppyola: 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Will a scanner detect rolled back odometers or totalled vehicles with misaligned frames?

Michael547:

VIN check will expose that

To check vin of any car

For comprehensive vehicle history report

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Custom Duty Verification
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by dicksonadams(m): 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2022
ariesbull:
This Spacer is designed to space the oxygen sensor out of the hot exhaust gases just enough that it helps eliminate the check engine light (CEL) that is caused by a dying catalytic converters or catless exhausts.

How much, I will like to buy
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Erebeshe: 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
nurey:
Yeah 2016 or there about

Nigerian used Nissan. Had an overheating issue at bolade oshodi, change hose and some other stuffs was driving down from alakuko. Then KAI and lastman never dey hungry like now, they assisted me in pushing off the road. After fixing took off again and engine knocked on third mainland bridge as in all the works with the car puffing smoke grin towed it 5k to my house.

I learned some technicalities with the vehicle later on but still regret not buying the golf 3 cabriolet which was cheaper by 30k

This guy funny die �
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by ariesbull: 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
dicksonadams:

How much, I will like to buy
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by ariesbull: 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
9free:
Still battling with my latest purchase. Bought a 2012 Camry with inspection from Lagos in March. Only to discover that it has hard gear shifting issue especially from gear 4 through 6.
Changed the gear box around July costing about 750K(transmission + labour+ tranny oil) and only enjoyed 2weeks of flawless driving then bam the same issue hard gear shifting issue arose again.
Since then I have been managing the car like that but then I now drive it on manual mode having discovered that I can drive it solely on the third gear to anywhere.
why do you guys buy these Japanese trashes in name of cars

How many people have yu seen driving
Benz, BMW, Volvo or even VW complain ...

This all these Japanese cars....

Drive European car and have rest of mind

1 Like

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by buygala(m): 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2022
ariesbull:
why do you guys buy these Japanese trashes in name of cars

How many people have yu seen driving
Benz, BMW, Volvo or even VW complain ...

This all these Japanese cars....

Drive European car and have rest of mind

Ceteris Paribus, Japanese cars are a thousand times more reliable than those European Baskets of trouble..

4 Likes

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Tzar91: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2022
Michael547:

Well spotted sir....the importance of doing professional Pre-purchase inspection cannot be underrated
Pls how can someone get a good car inspector to inspect the car before buying
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Tzar91: 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2022
owunabastard:
From what I read here, the bottom line is to inspect the car with a qualified mechanic that must have scanners to scan the vehicle well. Most mechanics are still working without scanners, depending on gazing job.
Pls How can someone get a good car inspector?
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tzar91:

Pls how can someone get a good car inspector to inspect the car before buying
I do car inspection sir....you can call me on 08167469103
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tzar91:

Pls How can someone get a good car inspector?
I do car inspection sir....you can call me on 08167469103
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by ariesbull: 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2022
buygala:

Ceteris Paribus, Japanese cars are a thousand times more reliable than those European Baskets of trouble..

okay....suit yourself ...

I will always drive a Benz over a Lexus or Honda

I will always go for BMW over some Nissan or some Mitsubishi

Abeg no argue me...na my choice

Some of us are done with that Japanese front wheel stuff

2 Likes

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by CarGuideNG: 1:42am On Jan 01, 2023
yemi1504:

What does Comprehensive V I N Checks and Reports do for buying a car?

In general, our reports ensure that buyers have all relevant information about vehicles under consideration, including but not limited to collision/accidental or other damage, mileage and service/maintenance records.

Our reports can make and have repeatedly made all the difference between a good car purchase and a lot of regret.
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by buygala(m): 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2023
ariesbull:
okay....suit yourself ...

I will always drive a Benz over a Lexus or Honda

I will always go for BMW over some Nissan or some Mitsubishi

Abeg no argue me...na my choice

Some of us are done with that Japanese front wheel stuff

I don't even understand what you mean by "that Japanese front wheel stuff".. Is it that you are saying that a front wheel drive is naturally inferior to real wheel drives.. Because that will be very very stupid of you

Or is it that you are lumping all Japanese vehicles with the ball-joint error that occurs with some specimens of only two generations of Honda Accords.. So because the 1999-2006 Honda Accords suffer ball-point issues, e mean say all other Japanese cars do?

You can't be criticising ball-joints errors while hyping Mercedes Benz for one, because the 2008-2010 Merc C300 has one of the worst suspension reliability in motoring history...2008-2010 c300s are known to frequently bend rims and damage tyres, or even suffer tyre pull-outs at high speeds.. Even on this forum, this issue has been well discussed.

Not to mention the perennial SAM issues that plague some C and E class Benz models .. Or that Steering lock issue in those models that can leave people stranded.. Pesin fit just comot im Benz to piss while not leaving his steering in full-center.. Next thing steering don hook.. And the fix isn't cheap either.

Many BMW models are known money pits for their Electrical problems..Problems that sometimes start within a few years of the vehicle leaving the factory..

There is a reason why Japanese vehicles always top vehicles reliability rankings worldwide..

Maybe as you dey run your mouth so, you can help us with German alternatives that actively compete and are as reliable as the Corrolla, Hilux, Hiace, LandCruiser, etc if no be say you wan just dey argue for argument sake..

But like you said.. Na your choice.. If some people with their eyes wide open, can still support a particular Presidential Candidate who I will not name, then I don't see why you cannot prefer whatever shit you like, as long as you don't try to Justify your nonsense to others.

If you like use your mouth chop shit, na your choice..As far as no be my mouth you dey use chop the shit and you no dey hide behind "my choice" to cajole others into eating shit with you cool

2 Likes

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by ariesbull: 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2023
buygala:

I don't even understand what you mean by "that Japanese front wheel stuff".. Is it that you are saying that a front wheel drive is naturally inferior to real wheel drives.. Because that will be very very stupid of you

Or is it that you are lumping all Japanese vehicles with the ball-joint error that occurs with some specimens of only two generations of Honda Accords.. So because the 1999-2006 Honda Accords suffer ball-point issues, e mean say all other Japanese cars do?

You can't be criticising ball-joints errors while hyping Mercedes Benz for one, because the 2008-2010 Merc C300 has one of the worst suspension reliability in motoring history...2008-2010 c300s are known to frequently bend rims and damage tyres, or even suffer tyre pull-outs at high speeds.. Even on this forum, this issue has been well discussed.

Not to mention the perennial SAM issues that plague some C and E class Benz models .. Or that Steering lock issue in those models that can leave people stranded.. Pesin fit just comot im Benz to piss while not leaving his steering in full-center.. Next thing steering don hook.. And the fix isn't cheap either.

Many BMW models are known money pits for their Electrical problems..Problems that sometimes start within a few years of the vehicle leaving the factory..

There is a reason why Japanese vehicles always top vehicles reliability rankings worldwide..

Maybe as you dey run your mouth so, you can help us with German alternatives that actively compete and are as reliable as the Corrolla, Hilux, Hiace, LandCruiser, etc if no be say you wan just dey argue for argument sake..

But like you said.. Na your choice.. If some people with their eyes wide open, can still support a particular Presidential Candidate who I will not name, then I don't see why you cannot prefer whatever shit you like, as long as you don't try to Justify your nonsense to others.

If you like use your mouth chop shit, na your choice..As far as no be my mouth you dey use chop the shit and you no dey hide behind "my choice" to cajole others into eating shit with you cool
it is a new year

I am okay with Benz and BMW .

I have left that Japanese cars league years ago....no argument

Beside that...Rear wheel drive cars are more superior to front wheel drive ... Oh I forgot....nauraland have a lot of folks that argue

Okay you win...

I am done

By the way some people would argue that their corolla is far better than BMW 3 series or C Klasse

You win

2 Likes

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2023
Keep the comments coming
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 8:39am On Jan 02, 2023
I'm an Honest professional car inspector....contact me on 08167469103 if you need my service.
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by DrKlever(m): 10:30am On Jan 03, 2023
[b][/b]
lereinter:

If you hadn't went with a mechanic, you would have and people too would have blamed you

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 1:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
Keep the comments coming

1 Like

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by ufelirahmat: 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2023
[quote author=Foodie1 post=119490708]Kai, e get car (Toyota carina E) wey my papa buy give us as children car, wey we go carry dey go school, the motor no dey reverse na only front e dey go. grin cheesy
[/qRuote]. This got me laughing hard�
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Skatecamp(m): 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2023
Oyerinde16:
I bought a Toyota Avensis for #320,000 in 2020, I went for inspection alone and paid, I did not detect the radiator gauge was faulty cos some cars I had used before will only rise after some minutes drive... I left the next day with the car, carry passenger join body, was just cruising and speeding admiring the acceleration, balance etc, I entered small hold up like this, over heating just start, radiator don burst... Bought bag of pure water, drive small pour water... Next day mechanic, two weeks later, gasket burnt... Started spending, when I tot the car was okay, I discovered new battery was drained, car was draining battery, I travelled to KD from ABJ, radiator burst for road again... Changed the radiator head, drove to ABJ.. used the car for a while then sold it #650 in 2021. Two weeks later bought a sienna for #600k then discovered it had gear problems... It's cos of the gear issue the person sold it for that amount. I took it to pantaker in KD, one Mr femi told his boy to go under the car, lose the gear and tighten the nuts inside, on losing it, 3 of the 4 nuts had fallen out and the remaining 2 were lose, they tightened it and added 2 more nuts, like magic gear proble disappeared, same day I drove it to ABJ from KD I worked the leaking AC fixed some minor issues on the car, I sold it 3 months later for 1.3 million on Jiji. Bought a golf 6 in 2021 Oct for #700k discovered it was shorting oil and too many electrical issues, I managed to fix them all including the oil leaks... The bottom plate was broken and was leaking oil... My mechanic soldered the bottom plate, I fix the AC, used the car for bolt/Uber then sold it 2022 june for 1.3m, bought Corolla 2006 for 1.5m fixed the minor issues, using it for bolt, I will sell it before April 2023 for around 2m...

I am more of an experienced car user, if you want to buy car in ABJ, reach out,I can help u inspect, I will tell u a car that will ruin your destiny and a good buy...
sir please drop ur number
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Oyerinde16(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2023
Skatecamp:
sir please drop ur number

O 8 I 6 5 5 4 5 O I 8....
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
I'm available for your car inspection.....contact me on 08167469103
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by MrReeseG(m): 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
9free:
Still battling with my latest purchase. Bought a 2012 Camry with inspection from Lagos in March. Only to discover that it has hard gear shifting issue especially from gear 4 through 6.
Changed the gear box around July costing about 750K(transmission + labour+ tranny oil) and only enjoyed 2weeks of flawless driving then bam the same issue hard gear shifting issue arose again.
Since then I have been managing the car like that but then I now drive it on manual mode having discovered that I can drive it solely on the third gear to anywhere.
This is currently me and my 2010 Qashqai, driving on manual mode too

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons / The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.