Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. (22652 Views)

❗Don't Buy A Car Without Inviting Me To Inspect It For You❗❗ / Peugeot E-legend That Drives Itself: Car Without Driver Got Nigerians Talking / BMW Introduces Wireless Charging To Charge Your Car Without Cables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by miyagi01(m): 12:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
ariesbull:
80% of cars in Nigeria no get catalyst...it does nothing to the car...get spacers
please what are spacers and how do they work
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by airsaylongcome: 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Michael547:

Very correct

Will a scanner detect rolled back odometers or totalled vehicles with misaligned frames?

1 Like

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by slimmoney(m): 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
went for a golf 4 inspection on 24th December 2015, after my yeye mechanic inspected it i paid for the car on our way coming home newly bought car started doing overheat, we manage fix am battery spoil again, i replace am steering beging blow horn itself i replace am, gearbox spoil i replace am but in the process of installing it mechanic do mistake so the gearbox damage again, i change nozzle, from one problem to the other, anyday i want to drive the car i must keep 5k for pocket extra for repair it got to a point i had to park the car at my mechanic Workshop, last last i sold the car for 190k and since 2016 till today the new owner never pay me finish.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by CarGuideNG: 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
Planning to buy a car?

Comprehensive V I N Checks & Reports

https://www.carguide.ng

+2347011116171 [Direct WhatsApp Chat Link In Signature]

Available 24 Hours

1 Like

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by BlackMan6969(m): 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nicepoker:
Its even stated in the Bible that " And the prophets were in one ACCORD" meaning Honda vehicle was available that time. Go and get a car. grin
hahahaha... God give me wisdom like this ur servant.
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by ids4real: 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
Bought a Camry(big light) this year June 2000 model, I managed to drive d car for a week then later spending on it every now and then, I nearly commit suicide, later sold d devilish car at a loss of 350k, that car ruin my car owner carrier.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by lereinter(m): 12:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
Alajiki:
It was a nasty experience. That was the year 2015 when I wanted to get a car for my wife. I actually saw the car advertised here on Nairaland and I went all the way to Igando Lagos from Ibadan with my mechanic. It was a corolla 1999 model (O kere j'owo e lo). It was a tokunbo with an asking price of 800k but after much haggling, we settled for 670k. I had a hunch that something was wrong with the car looking at its body and the way it sounds when you hit the body but I thought the presence of my mechanic was enough assurance that we couldn't have bought a bad vehicle and so, we paid for it.

It became clear that I had entered one chance when we returned to Ibadan and while waiting for the registration documents to come out, we had the chance to properly assess the car. It was a horrible purchase and there and then, I knew my mechanic was a devil. Nothing he could say could make me look at the car in a positive way. Long story short, we auctioned the car off after just a year plus at a ridiculous price.

That mechanic can never do well in life I swear!

If you hadn't went with a mechanic, you would have and people too would have blamed you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Ogbeniayanfe(m): 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
Hmmm.it was such an experience I won't forget I'm an hurry..
I gave one of my boss money to buy a second hand car for me from Ibadan..550k to buy pencil light camry.the pictures of the car he sent to me was quite different from what I met there.i called him to complaint on getting there.he couldn't pick my calls claiming he was busy..
I spent around 170k on d vehicle but only used it for 2months, I sold it at 350k...
To whoever wanna buy used car,be careful because some people usually use charm soap to wash d car so they can sell it..and I will advice u not to trust anyone. Get a good mechanic to check somethings up before buying..
Good luck..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by tlarge1612: 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
My experience was in 2019 .I saw this 2005 Camry on the location was Yaba.Na so I called Mecho he said he is not chanced to follow I decided to just go check the car o.That’s how I no fit commot eye � from the car until I was jinxed to pay 1.3milli even as transfer was hard to do that Sunday-long story ;As I drove the car home that Sunday the car started blinking engine oil light and from there onward I spent 400k from cylinder to engine and gear within 4months I ended up selling the car for 900k in 4months.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by cardoctor(m): 12:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
All the things my eyes have seen my mouth cannot speak

2 Likes

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by jasonex4(m): 12:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Will a scanner detect rolled back odometers or totalled vehicles with misaligned frames?

Bros!!! nor be so o...u just abandon ur boy o
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by airsaylongcome: 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2022
jasonex4:

Bros!!! nor be so o...u just abandon ur boy o

I did not. I told you I will do it. And I will.

Edit: Done

1 Like

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Kasdat5(m): 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
Foodie1:
Kai, e get car (Toyota carina E) wey my papa buy give us as children car, wey we go carry dey go school, the motor no dey reverse na only front e dey go.
Forward ever

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by KingAzubuike(f): 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
ariesbull:
80% of cars in Nigeria no get catalyst...it does nothing to the car...get spacers
Says who? Stop saying what you don't know
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2022
AK481:

You dash them?

It got spoilt on the road. I sold it at a giveaway price.
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2022
Evolutionlove:

You mean you abandoned the Car at the venuegrin

You wan pepper your enemies say you no dey do leggedies benz again and you go buy Nigeria Usedgrin

My guy see me see problem cheesy
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by LaconicINC: 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
Bought a Nigerian Used Ford focus without inspection and I wanted to use it to do cab, omo long story short I sold it off at 150k, in fact I almost committed suicide because of that car!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by ariesbull: 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
miyagi01:
please what are spacers and how do they work
This Spacer is designed to space the oxygen sensor out of the hot exhaust gases just enough that it helps eliminate the check engine light (CEL) that is caused by a dying catalytic converters or catless exhausts.

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by legba1(m): 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
I had a crazy experience. I lost my job sometimes in 2016, i gathered my savings, sold my 2000premera that had served me honestly and decided to buy a sienna for transport buz since i leaved in ABJ and have family staying in IB. Na so i go buy for one alhaji around molete in ibadan. Vehicle was clean with the leather interior looking perfect. I went alone (my undoing). Openned bonnet to check engine, it had been washed clean.i asked alhaji if theres anything wrong with the car, alhaji swore by kaaba and alquran nothing is wrong. I paid and drove home my new car. Second day, i changed all the tires, drain engine oil and normal servicing. The mechanic sef was telling me the oil was new and said its suspicious .
Third day, i moved car to toll gate early momo, carry passagers and head off to abuja. Before i enter Akure around 8am, check engineoil light came on and after packed and discovered oil don dry, 5ltrs for goodness sake.
Wait till cold and refilled. I saw shege banza before i arrived abuja around 10pm. Had to later switched to black oil some months later. Yet engine no gree smoke. Bought new engine later. Only then did i enjoyed this car.

I later called alhaji, he denied selling me a bad car. I cursed him with the Quran he vowed with because it was painful.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by DesireV: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
flexyrule:
Bought a tokunbo Mercedes Benz here from a very popular and trusted Nairalander.

Due to his reputation here, I just sent my friend who is based in Lagos to go check out the car and bring it down for me.

Before payment, the seller identified some issues such as leaking exhaust and AC. I agreed to fix some and sent money to him to tidy up the ones he could attend to immediately as he had loads of jobs at hand.

Fast forward to 1 year, after battling with the car like I was tending to a cancer patient. I got to discover that I te hnically bought a rotten water melon:

The engine was tampered with, probably from the US where he imported the car from. As in the engine has been opened before.

The AC leakage never got sorted out. Omoh, I spent over 800k on the AC alone, yet no positive result.

The Indomie was tampered with, I had to replace the exhausts - cost me over 200k.

This is outside some other small small issues I was came up almost on a daily basis.

I sold the car after spending a lost the same amount I bought the car, on repairs and replacement of dead parts.

Bad experie ce I would say, but I learnt never to trust anyone, no matter the name you have made for yourself.
Do you wish someone else pass through same in the hands of the supposed popular and trusted Nairalander?

If no, mention him pls

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
airsaylongcome:

VIN check will expose that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by ariesbull: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
LaconicINC:
Bought a Nigerian Used Ford focus without inspection and I wanted to use it to do cab, omo long story short I sold it off at 150k, in fact I almost committed suicide because of that car!
Ford terrible car

1 Like

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
slimmoney:
went for a golf 4 inspection on 24th December 2015, after my yeye mechanic inspected it i paid for the car on our way coming home newly bought car started doing overheat, we manage fix am battery spoil again, i replace am steering beging blow horn itself i replace am, gearbox spoil i replace am but in the process of installing it mechanic do mistake so the gearbox damage again, i change nozzle, from one problem to the other, anyday i want to drive the car i must keep 5k for pocket extra for repair it got to a point i had to park the car at my mechanic Workshop, last last i sold the car for 190k and since 2016 till today the new owner never pay me finish.
Sorry about that
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Ofemmanu1: 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
Sportwin:

Lagos /akure
What exactly is the problem and what model of Honda.
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by GloriousGbola: 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:
Always get a professional to check with you

Na naija we dey. The seller has factored the professional into the equation and has the man's settlement packaged. Unless you already have a very good relationship with the guy you are carrying to inspect the car, you are still effed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by ibkayee(f): 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Na naija we dey. The seller has factored the professional into the equation and has the man's settlement packaged. Unless you already have a very good relationship with the guy you are carrying to inspect the car, you are still effed
Fair enough, that was definitely my 'abroad' privilege talking lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
Alajiki:
It was a nasty experience. That was the year 2015 when I wanted to get a car for my wife. I actually saw the car advertised here on Nairaland and I went all the way to Igando Lagos from Ibadan with my mechanic. It was a corolla 1999 model (O kere j'owo e lo). It was a tokunbo with an asking price of 800k but after much haggling, we settled for 670k. I had a hunch that something was wrong with the car looking at its body and the way it sounds when you hit the body but I thought the presence of my mechanic was enough assurance that we couldn't have bought a bad vehicle and so, we paid for it.

It became clear that I had entered one chance when we returned to Ibadan and while waiting for the registration documents to come out, we had the chance to properly assess the car. It was a horrible purchase and there and then, I knew my mechanic was a devil. Nothing he could say could make me look at the car in a positive way. Long story short, we auctioned the car off after just a year plus at a ridiculous price.

That mechanic can never do well in life I swear!
Thats why an Honest Professional Mechanic is vital
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
Ogbeniayanfe:
Hmmm.it was such an experience I won't forget I'm an hurry..
I gave one of my boss money to buy a second hand car for me from Ibadan..550k to buy pencil light camry.the pictures of the car he sent to me was quite different from what I met there.i called him to complaint on getting there.he couldn't pick my calls claiming he was busy..
I spent around 170k on d vehicle but only used it for 2months, I sold it at 350k...
To whoever wanna buy used car,be careful because some people usually use charm soap to wash d car so they can sell it..and I will advice u not to trust anyone. Get a good mechanic to check somethings up before buying..
Good luck..
Thanks for your experience
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
tlarge1612:
My experience was in 2019 .I saw this 2005 Camry on the location was Yaba.Na so I called Mecho he said he is not chanced to follow I decided to just go check the car o.That’s how I no fit commot eye � from the car until I was jinxed to pay 1.3milli even as transfer was hard to do that Sunday-long story ;As I drove the car home that Sunday the car started blinking engine oil light and from there onward I spent 400k from cylinder to engine and gear within 4months I ended up selling the car for 900k in 4months.
Lesson is never go alone without a qualified honest mechanic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
LaconicINC:

Sorry about that
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
legba1:
I had a crazy experience. I lost my job sometimes in 2016, i gathered my savings, sold my 2000premera that had served me honestly and decided to buy a sienna for transport buz since i leaved in ABJ and have family staying in IB. Na so i go buy for one alhaji around molete in ibadan. Vehicle was clean with the leather interior looking perfect. I went alone (my undoing). Openned bonnet to check engine, it had been washed clean.i asked alhaji if theres anything wrong with the car, alhaji swore by kaaba and alquran nothing is wrong. I paid and drove home my new car. Second day, i changed all the tires, drain engine oil and normal servicing. The mechanic sef was telling me the oil was new and said its suspicious .
Third day, i moved car to toll gate early momo, carry passagers and head off to abuja. Before i enter Akure around 8am, check engineoil light came on and after packed and discovered oil don dry, 5ltrs for goodness sake.
Wait till cold and refilled. I saw shege banza before i arrived abuja around 10pm. Had to later switched to black oil some months later. Yet engine no gree smoke. Bought new engine later. Only then did i enjoyed this car.

I later called alhaji, he denied selling me a bad car. I cursed him with the Quran he vowed with because it was painful.
Sorry about that
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Ofemmanu1: 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
Well, in 2005 I went with a friend to buy a car..

We were young working boys in early 20s, we went for a Toyota matrix but we could get a suitable one, later someone told us about 2006 Camry.
On seeing the Car, my friend paid the full price without bargaining.. it was N1.3m.
Car was good, everything all good.

1n 2020, I left Kogi for Lagos after checking and bookmarking some Honda DC @800k.
The first one I checked was rubbish, guy told me it was used by his wifey, that comment turned me off immediately.

We checked another one at Ikorodu, Ikeja and finally LUTH Lagos, I bought the LUTH Honda @750k, thankfully, I'm still driving it today.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle / The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.