Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

What Did You Do With Your First Salary? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Did You Do With Your First Salary? (11797 Views)

How Much Was Your First Salary And Which Year / How Did You Spend Your First Salary ? / Man Who Searched For A Job For 6 Years Dies A Day Before His First Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by juman(m): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
This fantastic country is destroyed by cursed leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by StrongAlphMale: 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
southsouthking:
My first salary was 300 from a manual cassava processing site.
Soon as i received my salary, I hurriedly went to buy the book titled "Without a Silver spoon" because we were to use it for our junior wassce.
How time flies.
This Book guided me and shaped me to the man i was today.
Growing up wasn't easy, but all thanks to God for today.

without a silver spoon. It was read in jss 1 those days

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by nedekid: 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
I chop am. There was this hotel in surelere then off adeniran ogunsanya in the early 90s, their special dish was mixed grill. Omo, big plate with all sorts, sussage, bacon, ham, corn, steak all the chooppings. I ordered for one plate and downed it with 2 bottles of coke in ice block. Belle puff!
My elder bro was unlucky, they picked his envelope it from his pocket at oshodi. Those days you go to the cashier and he pays you with salary envelope.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by bdon123(m): 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
Dnt remember, probably use am follow woman
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by deavicky(m): 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
cenaman:
Those days in PH city, the day I received my first salary sad sad I headed straight to slaughter undecided undecided undecided if you base in PH you go understand.
which side of slaughter? hope say no be post 3?.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by nedekid: 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
cenaman:
Those days in PH city, the day I received my first salary sad sad I headed straight to slaughter undecided undecided undecided if you base in PH you go understand.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by nedekid: 4:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
blackslayer:
spent it on cocaine and whores!
Hardman!

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Jokerman(m): 4:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
2014... 90K as a field maintenance engineer.

Gave it as first fruit to God. All of it.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by nedekid: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
Buddha3:
Shared 30 percent of it between the three security men then. Spent the rest on alcohol and meat.

Na me work for am!
Abi ohh.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by ComeToJesus: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
My very first salary was used as part of funds to give my dad a befitting burial. I didn't take a dime out.

Just got my first job then and the next news was that old guy had kicked the bucket.

Can't forget that harrowing experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by faithfull18(f): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2022
Which one is your own?
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
Abi1985:
I remember the first time I got my first salary as an adult. I gave everyone that i was living with some cash, bought some household items and spend the rest on clothes.

Liked, Shared and Followed.

This is INDEED A Great Thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by cigaricon(m): 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
My first salary was 8,000 naira, and i spent it on very pressing needs.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Etosha: 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
I have always been self-employed...
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by olatuns2017: 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
IGoComotYaTeeth:
Insulting Tinubu urchins on Twitter,

Tinubu is the founder of one million boys

That's the incoming GCFR of NIGERIA Bola TINUBU

Hate kill you 2023

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Akuruoulo(m): 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
shantti:

ur name dey really inspire u

Not actually.
Am the only son and my immediate senior sister is just like my twin sister. I love her son much.
She complained about phone and I bought it for her while she was in school
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by cenaman(m): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
deavicky:
which side of slaughter? hope say no be post 3?.
grin grin That area na tiv and Hausa full they,.

I said no further.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by WhisperedNoise: 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
akanbiaa:
hope you touched lives directly yourself or thru trusted people that will make the money reach those in more serious need that you that Your Creator approve of to be recipients of such?

Is it your money?
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Uzomarrr12345: 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
NYSC days … grin

I use my own repair TV wey spoil for house (16k) grin

Chai …

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by akanbiaa(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
WhisperedNoise:

Is it your money?
It is not mine but neither yours but given by the Creator to use part to help those in more need that you and I and not to give someone who have excess except they are trustworthy to give it to those who have little or nothing.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by 2Ways(m): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
I saved some with my dad and use the remaining money for........
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by officerfudo: 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
IGBO SHAYO ASHAWO…

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by GistFullGround: 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2022

After finishing High School, my 17yrs old son started a holiday job. His first pay, which was like $367 (1 week pay). He was very happy (So was I) I prayed on it & prayed for him for more prosperity.

He wanted me to take 10% but I told him I bless it with my whole heart & told him he should go with it. I advised him to open a Student Bank Account, which he did!

He is 18yrs old now & doing great things in College!

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by Lemmy123(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
I used my first salary to contribute to funds needed to save my older bro from a court mess

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by phorget(m): 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
EmahnueelGold99:
I sowed my first seed after finishing secondary school and did a factory work to GOD kept it after I collected it and during cross over night to cross into the new year I gave all to GOD
I think it was a promise I made then
Still hoping and praying for a miracle tho the various decisions I have made in life and my present condition is really bad

So the seed wey you sow since then never gree to germinate? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by phorget(m): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
2Ways:
I saved some with my dad and use the remaining money for........

Hope your dad gave back the money cos my mama used to remind me that the food I'd been consuming was bought with money... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
juman:
This fantastic country is destroyed by cursed leaders.

Liked, Shared and Followed.

OF A TRUTH.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by phorget(m): 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:
2014... 90K as a field maintenance engineer.

Gave it as first fruit to God. All of it.

Kikikikik!
God dey chop fruit? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by seanwilliam(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
I lent my sister the money .

She no pay am back , na my parents repaid the money .
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Salary? by dandig(m): 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
thuxzwda1:
I first go artillery go drink black bullet.....then chicken Republic for a bucket of chicken.....con go drink stout for akon, woji... grin grin.......other things no concern una grin grin
First and second Artillery...oboi I nearly lost for that place back then .p.h city to the world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Has Successfully Applied For Diamond Bank Job / Maersk Line Customer Service Agent Recruitment / N-Power Beneficiaries Protest In Enugu Over Nonpayment Of 5months Stipends By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.