Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? (1393 Views)

Who Were The Three Men Who Appeared To Abraham In Genesis 18? / Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? / Is God Really Omniscient?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

Good question.
So many Christians view suffering as a bad thing but it is only part of God's plan.
That's why we are taught to Count it all joy, when we meet trials of various kinds.

Infact the bible teaches that Jesus was made perfect through what he suffered.

So our trials and tribulations and not punishment for a curse rather, they are to help us grow and become perfect.
U are wrong. Suffering was never in God's plan for Mankind. It was Sin that brought all these suffering.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Expelling Adam was a responsibility on how to live
Punishing him with the penalty of death was a responsibility
He was to toil and sweat and to reap thorns and thistles was a responsibility
Eve INCREASED pain during childbirth was a responsibility
Retuning back to dust at death was a responsibility

Your brain needs testing by a blacksmith

What are you talking about. How come you have not moved on.
Now let me teach you.
When Adam ate the fruit, he had to live the garden. Expelling him was only for the good of man. Hence God gave him commandments are directions for life outside the garden.
1. He had to work had to provide food.
2. His wife was child birth and child care.

Again, death is not even a punishment. Did Jesus Christ not die.
Death is not a punishment because all men would resurrect. In the words of Jesus Christ, it's merely a sleep.
Death and resurrection comes with incredible blessings.
Listen to the words of Christ.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Death was not a punishment. Yes it came as a result of eating the fruit but it is part of God's plan for man.
Let me know 8f you understand now.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
U are wrong. Suffering was never in God's plan for Mankind. It was Sin that brought all these suffering.
I agree that Adam's actions brought about suffering but it was always in God's plan.
If not, why would the bible call Jesus Christ 'the lamb of God that was slain before the foundations of the earth.
God knew 100% that man would sin and he provided a path for us to return to him.
He taught, blessed is him that overcome. What were we to overcome in the garden of Eden.
Think about it, even before the earth was created Jesus Christ was choose to die for sin.

Let me ask you, what is the plan of God for mankind?
Can we achieve his plan without suffering and temptation? Capital NO
Even Jesus Christ became perfect from the things he suffered.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:
... It states that a woman would sorrow at conception not that a woman will sorrow because she can't conceive.

Now you are within adult conversational areas.

You do not real eyes that when God Speaks, Law comes out. So God as a Law'er is very specific in His Judgements

Therefore, you have the wrong interpretation because you narrowed God's Judgement, whereas He made it wide.

"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception;

There are2 Curses in this paragraph of Judgement, to wit-

1) Greatly multiplied sorrow of every and any kind (we see this on their faces which is why when we want to kill them we say "frustrated woman".

2) greatly multiplied sorrow in conception, which is either before conception or during conception or after conception (which is why even after a woman gets pregnant, she still has more sorrows and troubles)

And this is before the No 3 Curse "in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children" which we call labour and we have seen some women being in labour for up to 2 weeks.

That is the breakdown of the Judgement God poured on evil women.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
[quote author=Dtruthspeaker post=119499549]

That is the wrong interpretation because you narrowed it whereas, God made it wide.

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception;

2 Curses are here to wit-

1) Greatly multiplied sorrow of every and any kind (we see this on their faces which is why when we want to kill them we say "frustrated woman".
Because you like calling women frustrated is no evidence that they have more sorrows than you.
Come oh are you really saying that God cursed all women to have a miserable and sad life. Is that the doctrine you teach?
Are you saying that the women in your life are sorrowing and miserable? I know lots of happy women. It seems you are meeting all the wrong women.

2) greatly multiplied sorrow in conception, which is either before conception or during conception or after conception (which is why even after a woman gets pregnant, she still has more sorrows and troubles)
As usual, you are wrong. There is nothing to show that women have more or less sorrow than men.
God was only talking about child bearing. Outside childbearing, women have less troubles than men. That is why men die younger.

And this is before the No 3 Curse "in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children" which we call labour and we have seen some women being in labour for up to 2 weeks.
I asked you, what about barren women.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by AntiChristian: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The Person who was there has already told you that there was a time when they were not on their bellies as I can tell you that there was a time Lekki/Ajah was the sea.

Stop broadcasting your stupidity.

Actually the person that cut part of my post he can't answer and leave only the little he can rumble on is the ninny!
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

What are you talking about. How come you have not moved on.
Now let me teach you.
When Adam ate the fruit, he had to live the garden. Expelling him was only for the good of man. Hence God gave him commandments are directions for life outside the garden.
1. He had to work had to provide food.
2. His wife was child birth and child care.

Again, death is not even a punishment. Did Jesus Christ not die.
Death is not a punishment because all men would resurrect. In the words of Jesus Christ, it's merely a sleep.
Death and resurrection comes with incredible blessings.
Listen to the words of Christ.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Death was not a punishment. Yes it came as a result of eating the fruit but it is part of God's plan for man.
Let me know 8f you understand now.

Wow
You are the most intelligent Bible scholar of a!l time
You even sabi Bible pass Jesus Christ
All hail tctrills
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Wow
You are the most intelligent Bible scholar of a!l time
You even sabi Bible pass Jesus Christ
All hail tctrills
You even have a sense of humor nice. Love you bro. But before you begin to worship me, just know that everything I taught you is in the bible. Greater teachers have already taught it.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

You even have a sense of humor nice. Love you bro. But before you begin to worship me, just know that everything I taught you is in the bible. Greater teachers have already taught it.

Which Bible?
It is in your Bible
Besides, you did not teach me anything
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

I agree that Adam's actions brought about suffering but it was always in God's plan.
If not, why would the bible call Jesus Christ 'the lamb of God that was slain before the foundations of the earth.
God knew 100% that man would sin and he provided a path for us to return to him.
He taught, blessed is him that overcome. What were we to overcome in the garden of Eden.
Think about it, even before the earth was created Jesus Christ was choose to die for sin.

Let me ask you, what is the plan of God for mankind?
Can we achieve his plan without suffering and temptation? Capital NO
Even Jesus Christ became perfect from the things he suffered.
God gave man Freewill. The sin Adam and Eve comitted was a Willful sin. They chose to disobey God. If Adam and Eve had not sinned or disobeyed God by eating the Forbidden fruit, there wouldn't have been any need fo Jesusr Christ to come on earth to die for the sins of men.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:
Because you like There is nothing to show that women have more or less sorrow than men.
God was only talking about child bearing. Outside childbearing, women have less troubles than men. That is why men die younger.

As I said your madness makes you blind!
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

As I said your madness makes you blind!
Boss do you realize what you are doing to yourself.
I am sure if someone asked you 2 days ago, you wouldn't have called women miserable and unhappy but just for the sake of an argument, you teach what you know to be false
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
God gave man Freewill. The sin Adam and Eve comitted was a Willful sin. They chose to disobey God. If Adam and Eve had not sinned or disobeyed God by eating the Forbidden fruit, there wouldn't have been any need fo Jesusr Christ to come on earth to die for the sins of men.
I agree but can you tell why the bible called Jesus Christ the lamb that was slain before the foundations of the world?
Again, we all willfully disorder God once in a while so Adam was not better than any of us. Why do you expect more from him.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Which Bible?
It is in your Bible
Besides, you did not teach me anything
Loool
You have your freewill to choose not to learn.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

I agree but can you tell why the bible called Jesus Christ the lamb that was slain before the foundations of the world?
Again, we all willfully disorder God once in a while so Adam was not better than any of us. Why do you expect more from him.
Which portion of the Bible?
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

Boss do you realize what you are doing to yourself.
I am sure if someone asked you 2 days ago, you wouldn't have called women miserable and unhappy but just for the sake of an argument, you teach what you know to be false

Now you resort to lying. I never teach what I know is a lie which is proven by the fact everything I teach can be seen with your own eyes if you care to see what is True and no one has truly said that what I teach is not True.

Everyone can clearly see that it is a case of refusal to eat the bitter Truth. You people hate Truth and unfortunately for you people

Truth is so rare that it is delightful to tell it.
Emily Dickinson
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
[quote author=Dtruthspeaker post=119502333]

Now you resort to lying.

Oga, your own words,
Greatly multiplied sorrow of every and any kind (we see this on their faces which is why when we want to kill them we say "frustrated woman".
Your mother, sisters, wife and all the women in your life, do they live sorrowful and miserable lives?
You said God gave women every and all kinds of sorrow. Do you know what this means.
It means that there is no joy in the lives of every woman you know.
God did not take away joy from women. You are a false teacher.
If you have daughters, is there lives ful of sorrow.
You lie against God just for an argument. What kind of human being does that?
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
Which portion of the Bible?
Revelations 13.8
1 Peter 1, 19-20
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

Revelations 13.8
1 Peter 1, 19-20
If it is what u mean, then, God shouldn't have punished Adam and Eve for what they did. What do u think? grin
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
If it is what u mean, then, God shouldn't have punished Adam and Eve for what they did. What do u think? grin
I just told you that it was not a punishment.
So God's plan is that we overcome all things. His greatest blessings are reserved for those who overcome as taught in the book of Revelations.
So what are the things man needs to overcome?
If we where in Eden, would we have overcome these things?
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 8:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

I just told you that it was not a punishment.
So God's plan is that we overcome all things. His greatest blessings are reserved for those who overcome as taught in the book of Revelations.
So what are the things man needs to overcome?
If we where in Eden, would we have overcome these things?

So, the Curse God pronounce on them was a Blessing? grin
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
So, the Curse God pronounce on them was a Blessing? grin
No, but it led to many blessings
1. The coming of Jesus Christ
2. Overcoming death
3. The Ability to overcome sin
Now when we return to God, we would not return as Adam but rather we would be like Him.
We would be kings and priests. If man remained in the garden, he could never have become like God.
Do you remember one of God's pronouncement was that the seed of the woman would bruise the serpent's head? How is that not a blessing.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

No, but it led to many blessings
1. The coming of Jesus Christ
2. Overcoming death
3. The Ability to overcome sin
Now when we return to God, we would not return as Adam but rather we would be like Him.
We would be kings and priests. If man remained in the garden, he could never have become like God.
Do you remember one of God's pronouncement was that the seed of the woman would bruise the serpent's head? How is that not a blessing.

We are still saying the same thing. It was a punishment. That was why Jesus Christ came to the world to Redeem man. God's original purpose was that man should live happily, enjoy themselve and live forever on earth. There was nothing like sorrow and hardship then.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
We are still saying the same thing. It was a punishment. That was why Jesus Christ came to the world to Redeem man. God's original purpose was that man should live happily, enjoy themselve and live forever on earth. There was nothing like sorrow and hardship then.
To prevent argument you call it a punishment no problem but clearly God's original plan could never have been for man to live forever.
Remember Jesus Christ was the lamb slain before the foundations of the world.
God was not naive, he knew that man would disobey. So that could never have been his original plan.
If Jesus Christ was chosen before the foundations of the world then man living in Eden forever could not be his original plan.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

To prevent argument you call it a punishment no problem but clearly God's original plan could never have been for man to live forever.
Remember Jesus Christ was the lamb slain before the foundations of the world.
God was not naive, he knew that man would disobey. So that could never have been his original plan.
If Jesus Christ was chosen before the foundations of the world then man living in Eden forever could not be his original plan.
Those things God said man will suffer, are we not suffering it? Are pregnant women not bearing their children in pains? Some women even die in the process? Did the Death of Jesus stop that? Now, i want u to understand that Satan was behind the fall of man. Don't underestimate the power or works of Satan. Satan can't stop God's Plan but He can Alter it. I.e try to make it change somehow. That was why God brought Jesus as alternative to redeem man. The Death of Jesus didn't stop women from bear their children in pain neither did it prevent women from dying tru Childbearing. It didn't stop man from suffering either.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
Those things God said man will suffer, are we not suffering it? Are pregnant women not bearing their children in pains? Some women even die in the process? Did the Death of Jesus stop that? Now, i want u to understand that Satan was behind the fall of man. Don't underestimate the power or works of Satan. Satan can't stop God's Plan but He can Alter it. I.e try to make it change somehow. That was why God brought Jesus as alternative to redeem man. The Death of Jesus didn't stop women from bear their children in pain neither did it prevent women from dying tru Childbearing. It didn't stop man from suffering either.
Suffering is part of Earth's purpose. The death of Jesus Christ was not to stop everyday issues.
Even Christ suffered and felt pain.

You can say Satan was behind the fall of man just as Satan was behind the death of Jesus Christ but we know the plan of God in those 2 instances.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

Your mother, sisters, wife and all the women in your life, do they live sorrowful and miserable lives?
You said God gave women every and all kinds of sorrow. Do you know what this means.

After your lying, now you have returned to your madness and twistedness and blindness and speaking stupidly when you have nothing to say.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

After your lying, now you have returned to your madness and twistedness and blindness and speaking stupidly when you have nothing to say.
Lol
Oga I qouted you word for word. I guess you don't believe that you could have uttered such falsehood.
This is what happens when you try to win an argument at all cost, you begin to blasphem.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:37am On Dec 29, 2022
tctrills:

Lol
Oga I qouted you word for word. I guess you don't believe that you could have uttered such falsehood

Exactly how Satan quoted the scriptures word for word, yet it was evil.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 7:41am On Dec 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Exactly how Satan quoted the scriptures word for word, yet it was evil.

Funny man
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 8:48am On Dec 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
Here is a question for you.
Which of these plans do you prefer?
1. Live in a garden for all eternity tending to plants and animals. No illness or death and enough food to eat.
2. Living in God's presence. You have a throne. You are a king with your own dominion. You are a co-heir with Jesus Christ.
God like every good parent wanted the best for his children.
Man needed to overcome death, sin, trials and temptations to qualify for the second choice.
Do you understand my point now?
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 9:28am On Dec 29, 2022
tctrills:

Here is a question for you.
Which of these plans do you prefer?
1. Live in a garden for all eternity tending to plants and animals. No illness or death and enough food to eat.
2. Living in God's presence. You have a throne. You are a king with your own dominion. You are a co-heir with Jesus Christ.
God like every good parent wanted the best for his children.
Man needed to overcome death, sin, trials and temptations to qualify for the second choice.
Do you understand my point now?
There was nnthing like death in Begining. If they had eaten from the tree of life, Adam and Eve would have lived forever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do U Think Our Forefathers B4 Islam Or Christain Are In Hell / Tithing Excuses Destroyed - Please Read / Jesus Teaching Concerning Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.