Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? (1407 Views)

Who Were The Three Men Who Appeared To Abraham In Genesis 18? / Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? / Is God Really Omniscient?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:42am On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

Keep exposing your prostitute mother to the world.
Since you know that barrenness is the lack of conception, it's funny that a woman who lacks conception cannot have sorrow in conception. It's an impossibility. She can only have sorrow in her barrenness.
You can't have sorrow in what you don't experience.

Your madness is not allowing you see that she is already sorrowing because of failure of conception.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I disagree with you
I think he's quite sincere in his questions
But like the venom of a viper does to a rat, no matter what it does or

Go and see his threads. They are always mad, filthy and corrupt. I have been studying his mind since and now I understand what he is all about, which is a foolish child who thinks that using a twisted eye to examine things is a type of intelligence not. The idiot does not know that it is another type of crazed madness and evil.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Your madness is not allowing you see that she is already sorrowing because of failure of conception.
Lol calm down. You must not be angry person.
Oga the so called curse was very clear. It states that a woman would sorrow at conception not that a woman will sorrow because she can't conceive.
We both agree that women would prefer to have kids but the bible in Genesis chapter 3 was talking about the sorrow at conception and not the opposite.
Please read your bible.
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

One more thing, I agree with you, that 99.999% of all men need to sweat and work hard to survive. But there is an 0.001% that is exception to the rule. They are mostly called trustfund children.
A good number of the royal family in Saudi Arabia gives us a wonderful example.
The Rothschild family, The royal house of England, and many others do not need to work to survive.

How relevant is 0.001%
You have big problem indeed
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

I am happy you are changing your opinion. So Adam was the only one cursed to bring forth fruit from his sweat ? And Eve was the only woman cursed in childbirth? You new stands is more funny than your formal position.
If his children were not cursed then they would not suffer the same consequences as the cursed person.
You ask a very funny question. God has created blind people. He has created deaf and dumb but you think it's impossible for him to create a barren woman? Are you for real?

Like Dtruthspeaker clearly said, either you're mad or you're a preteen
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Like Dtruthspeaker clearly said, either you're mad or you're a preteen
Looooooooooooooooooooool
Dtruthspeaker's disciple. Nigerians are the only people to insult you when faced with the truth.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

How relevant is 0.001%
You have big problem indeed
Multiply 0.001% by 8 billion to know. Let's me do it for you, the answer is 80,000. So about 80,000 people according to you are imuned from God's curse.
Again even if just 1 person is spared from the so called curse, it shows that you are wrong.
Or did God indicte that the curse is not for the children of the super rich/? Does money outweigh God's curse?
I know you are starting to see how wrong you were.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by NNTR: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:
God told Adam, In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground.
So I ask, is hardwork a curse?
Also those born into super wealthy families like trustfund children are the spared from the curse? Since they don't need to suffer.
Same Goes for the woman, women who never have kids, are they spared from the curse?
Genesis 3:16
To the woman He said,
“I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth; In pain you will give birth to children;
Yet your desire and longing will be for your husband,
And he will rule [with authority] over you and be responsible for you.”

When Genesis 3:16, with due care, is examined 2 Timothy 2:15 style, it becomes apparent that it's mental anguish that God said, as for Eve, that will be multiplied.

During childbirth she'll recollect with severe mental unhappiness what she literally threw away, simply for foolishly usurping authority (i.e. the authority of her husband, the custodian of the TKGE)

Yes, of course, she will also become very fertile, but regret, mental regret, massive disappointment will keep on playing in her mind, how she ferked up, big time

The Hebrew word, used in Genesis 3:16 is 'atsab', its English translation are anxiety, worrisome, even grieve

When Eve had her first son, she named him, Cain, meaning, I've got myself a man. Little did she know, that Cain, wasnt the promised man, and thats why when she had her second child, she considered him to be unimportant, so, casually, named him, Abel, which, literally means, mist, vapour, as meaning, be around for short while. She didnt realising she was prophetically naming him according to his destiny

Dtruthspeaker:
The way you think is crazy, God Cursed the conception and we see that many women never or almost never have kids and you still ask if they are spared from the Curse in their barrenness?

God Cursed that men would suffer and work arduous and almost unprofitable work yet you ask is hardwork a curse?

You are crazy O.
Luke 16:24
“The rich man shouted,
‘Father Abraham, have some pity!
Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue.
I am in anguish in these flames.’"

Time is not permitting me, to go deeper, move into the interior more and shed more light on Genesis 3:16

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

Looooooooooooooooooooool
Dtruthspeaker's disciple. Nigerians are the only people to insult you when faced with the truth.

And what exactly is your Truth?
God desires us to suffer?
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:
God told Adam, In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground.
So I ask, is hardwork a curse?
Also those born into super wealthy families like trustfund children are the spared from the curse? Since they don't need to suffer.
Same Goes for the woman, women who never have kids, are they spared from the curse?

God didn't curse man be man was made in His own image after His likeness, rather He cursed the earth for man's sake. Although, it is a punishment too.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

And what exactly is your Truth?
God desires us to suffer?
What are you taking about? God never cursed man. Not Adam nor any other man.

Instructing man to work is not a curse. Even God himself works.
And about suffering your bible said, 8Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered.
Please read to discover what the bible teaches about trials, tribulations and suffering
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
God didn't curse man be man was made in His own image after His likeness, rather He cursed the earth for man's sake. Although, it is a punishment too.
I am not sure it was even a punishment. It was done for our good.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

What are you taking about? God never cursed man. Not Adam nor any other man.

Instructing man to work is not a curse. Even God himself works.
And about suffering your bible said, 8Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered.
Please read to discover what the bible teaches about trials, tribulations and suffering

How does this correlate with sweat and 0.001%
You are not making any SENSE
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

How does this correlate with sweat and 0.001%
You are not making any SENSE
Now you lack understanding. I spoke about the 0.001% to explain to you that it was not a curse. It would be evil for God to curse the poor and immune the children of billionaires. So completely wipe the curse thing from your head.
I advise that you begin to see God's words to Adam and Eve not as a curse rather, as instructions and commandments for life outside the garden.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

Now you lack understanding. I spoke about the 0.001% to explain to you that it was not a curse. It would be evil for God to curse the poor and immune the children of billionaires. So completely wipe the curse thing from your head.

Mumu
So God cursed the poor?
We're suffering cos of inherited imperfections and the bad actions from ourselves and fellow human mistakes
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Mumu
So God cursed the poor?
We're suffering cos of inherited imperfections and the bad actions from ourselves and fellow human mistakes
Are you drunk, I just told you that no one was cursed.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Mumu
So God cursed the poor?
I advise that you begin to see God's words to Adam and Eve not as a curse rather, as instructions and commandments for life outside the garden.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Mumu
So God cursed the poor?
Yes if you parents are poor, you would most likely suffer poverty, it does not mean God cursed you.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Mumu
So God cursed the poor?
Suffering is not a bad thing. God allowed Jesus Christ to suffer. He allowed the devil to suffer job.
He taught that:
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,

It's clear that you are yet to figure out God's plan.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Mumu
So God cursed the poor?
Read and understand, God was basically dividing labour amoung the man and woman. The man's responsibility was to provide bread while the woman was in charge of the kids.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by NNTR: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Who has not seen that a barren woman is unhappy and full of sorrow?

tctrills:
A barren woman can have sorrow in barrenness but never sorrow in conception. I know you are trying to win an argument but please be honest with yourself.
If you were Eve. If you experienced a lifestyle before the fall from grace to grass just as Eve did. If you knew what you by yourself with your own thieving hand did to destroy utopia, an ideal setting, ideal world, then, you would at every conception, every time making love, be mentally thinking, with highly mental sensation, painful mental feeling of wow, how very wrong was I. How unwise, was I. How deceptive and misleading was the serpent. The fruit even had more than wisdom in it, it wasnt as it looked, pleasing to the eyes, good for food, something that would make her wise. It was a scam sold her by the serpent

All those thoughts will continually be playing in her mind. Troubling her, giving her intense sorrow, anguish and pain

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

Read and understand, God was basically dividing labour amoung the man and woman. The man's responsibility was to provide bread while the woman was in charge of the kids.

Your stupid comments have been read and ignored
Let's move on
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Your stupid comments have been read and ignored
Let's move on
Loool
It's so Funny. You are the one that came to this thread no one forced you.
You got schooled and now you are out.
Now let's allow others to learn. I have taught you but you love darkness more than light.
Now move on.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

Loool
It's so Funny. You are the one that came to this thread no one forced you.
You got schooled and now you are out.
Now let's allow others to learn. I have taught you but you love darkness more than light.
Now move on.

Jehovah cursed the ground
Expelled him from the garden
Told him he will return to dust (his former state of non-existence)
You say na responsibility
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Jehovah cursed the ground
Expelled him from the garden
Told him he will return to dust (his former state of non-existence)
You say na responsibility
Loool, I just know your type. You couldn't help but reply. Didn't you say you were moving on? All it took was 5 mins and you are back here.
Loóooooooooooool
Funny boy.
See I am not like others who would begin in exchange insults. My job is to teach you and allow you decide to follow the truth or not.

Now to your comments, you are right, the Ground was cursed not the man.

And yes he left the garden just the same way Jesus left heaven.

And he died just the same way Jesus died.

Adam was never cursed.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

I am not sure it was even a punishment. It was done for our good.
U don't know what u are saying.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

Loool, I just know your type. You couldn't help but reply. Didn't you say you were moving on? All it took was 5 mins and you are back here.
Loóooooooooooool
Funny boy.
See I am not like others who would begin in exchange insults. My job is to teach you and allow you decide to follow the truth or not.

Now to your comments, you are right, the Ground was cursed not the man.

And yes he left the garden just the same way Jesus left heaven.

And he died just the same way Jesus died.

Adam was never cursed.

Ok
Rock ya boat
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
U don't know what u are saying.
I actually do. Please read your bible
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Ok
Rock ya boat
grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry grin grin grin grin grin
I love meeting people like you. Your type seems to be very common in Nairaland.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:
I actually do. Please read your bible
How? Explain.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
How? Explain.
Good question.
So many Christians view suffering as a bad thing but it is only part of God's plan.
That's why we are taught to Count it all joy, when we meet trials of various kinds.

Infact the bible teaches that Jesus was made perfect through what he suffered.

So our trials and tribulations and not punishment for a curse rather, they are to help us grow and become perfect.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:46pm On Dec 28, 2022
tctrills:

grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry grin grin grin grin grin
I love meeting people like you. Your type seems to be very common in Nairaland.

Expelling Adam was a responsibility on how to live
Punishing him with the penalty of death was a responsibility
He was to toil and sweat and to reap thorns and thistles was a responsibility
Eve INCREASED pain during childbirth was a responsibility
Retuning back to dust at death was a responsibility

Your brain needs testing by a blacksmith

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Religion Is Phony / Would I Be An Atheist Hypocrite? / Will There Be Free will In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.