Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,876 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? (1391 Views)

Who Were The Three Men Who Appeared To Abraham In Genesis 18? / Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? / Is God Really Omniscient?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 9:43am On Dec 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
There was nnthing like death in Begining. If they had eaten from the tree of life, Adam and Eve would have lived forever.

God prevented them from eating from the tree of life because he wanted them to pass through this life.
He did not want them to reverse the effect of the fruit they ate. This life is his plan for us.
God wants to give us much more than a garden and life forever. The plan was not for us to be naked forever. Even in heaven the angels are clothed.
Adam and Eve in the garden was only the beginning. That was not meant to be the final state of his children.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 10:06am On Dec 29, 2022
tctrills:

God prevented them from eating from the tree of life because he wanted them to pass through this life.
He did not want them to reverse the effect of the fruit they ate. This life is his plan for us.
God wants to give us much more than a garden and life forever. The plan was not for us to be naked forever. Even in heaven the angels are clothed.
Adam and Eve in the garden was only the beginning. That was not meant to be the final state of his children.
U have just Contradicted urself for saying Go did not want them to eat from the Tree of Life. God gave man "Freewill"(the freedom or power to make decision or choice) but chose to disobey God. God didn't prevent, they only chose to disobey God otherwise, God wouldn't have put the Tree of life there. The fruits in the garden Symbolizes "Life and Death" Note: They were held accountable for their actions, otherwise, they wouldn't have been punished. It was their fall that brought abt Christ to redeem mankind.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 11:50am On Dec 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
U have just Contradicted urself for saying Go did not want them to eat from the Tree of Life. God gave man "Freewill"(the freedom or power to make decision or choice) but chose to disobey God. God didn't prevent, they only chose to disobey God otherwise, God wouldn't have put the Tree of life there. The fruits in the garden Symbolizes "Life and Death" Note: They were held accountable for their actions, otherwise, they wouldn't have been punished. It was their fall that brought abt Christ to redeem mankind.
I am not sure you clearly explained how I contradicted myself. Please explain better.
The bible states that after they ate from the tree of knowledge of Good and evil, God placed Cherubims to prevent them from eating from the tree of life.

So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Again, you have not answered my question,
Would you have preferred the live of Adam in Eden or the life Jesus promised to the faithful?
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
tctrills:

I am not sure you clearly explained how I contradicted myself. Please explain better.
The bible states that after they ate from the tree of knowledge of Good and evil, God placed Cherubims to prevent them from eating from the tree of life.

So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Again, you have not answered my question,
Would you have preferred the live of Adam in Eden or the life Jesus promised to the faithful?
I would have preferred the life of Adam in Eden.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
I would have preferred the life of Adam in Eden.
Well sorry about that but me, I prefer the promises and blessings of Jesus Christ.

And he who overcomes and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations – ‘He shall rule them with a rod of iron; They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’ – as I also have received from my Father; and I will give him the morning star.” Revelation 2:26-28.

He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.” Revelation 3:5.

To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.” Revelation 3:21.

This is much better than the Eden deal
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by Truvelisback(m): 3:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
tctrills:

Well sorry about that but me, I prefer the promises and blessings of Jesus Christ.

And he who overcomes and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations – ‘He shall rule them with a rod of iron; They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’ – as I also have received from my Father; and I will give him the morning star.” Revelation 2:26-28.

He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.” Revelation 3:5.

To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.” Revelation 3:21.

This is much better than the Eden deal
Ur choice. I prefer the Eden life. No hunger, no stress, no hardship, no sorrow, no suffering, Just Merriment and everlasting life. It would have been Heaven on earth.
Re: Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? by tctrills: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
Ur choice. I prefer the Eden life. No hunger, no stress, no hardship, no sorrow, no suffering, Just Merriment and everlasting life. It would have been Heaven on earth.

You have all that and a thousand more through Christ. But I get your point, not everyone wants more.

Those who would enjoy the promises of Christ are those who overcome but Adam did not need to do anything to deserve the garden.
The Garden is for those that do nothing.
Christ promise are for those who overcome.

But I think we have been able to come to certain agreement and understanding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Join us on our mission! Volunteers, Mission Teachers Needed. / Where Is Pilgrim, Tv, Tayod, Shahan and Donnie? / Police Chief Denounces Occult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.