Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis (37510 Views)

I Rape Housewives, Maids During Operation ― Adeniyi Ajayi / 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC / Sokoto Kidnappers Who Wrote Letter To Wealthy Victims, Arrested By Security Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by FuckSilly: 5:09am On Dec 28, 2022
Arabs

1 Like

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by franugo(m): 5:11am On Dec 28, 2022
peacettw:
Slavery. A word cleverly used in this article to trigger a state of disgust and shock to the readers.

But if we think about it very carefully, aren't we in fact already slaves?

Slaves to our leaders who continuously rape our collective wealth and watch us die in droves?

Slaves to countries who we are indebted to and in return now dictate our economic policies?

Slaves to our religious leaders who use the holy book as a lethal weapon to plunder and weaken our mental prowess and love for humanity in deference to their flawed mortal understanding of an Almighty God.

I might digress from the article but this world is filled with horrors and the moment we understand that none of us is really free, the faster we are to redemption.

You are obviously trying to sound woke but come off as sounding immature more than anything. You have the freedom to come online, freedom to resign from whatever job you are doing, freedom to go wherever you choose etc but you chose to come online and give tacit approval to slavers who belong in the 14th century....ridiculous!

16 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by Princeton92(m): 5:12am On Dec 28, 2022
Some Nigerians wish to be sold oh.... Make them extend the app reach our side here

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by InvertedHammer: 5:15am On Dec 28, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Arabs and slavery grin

Especially when you are black, those Arabs see you as a goat. They believe theor camel has more value and importance than you!

And the worst path, just criticize a little and they fast to send you back to God

/
There is high awareness for this kind of slavery.

But how do you curtail it when people are willing to sell themselves off? Some will claim that they were deceived into it. But these are the same kind of people that will assume that those warning them are haters who don't want them to progress in life.

/

7 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by descarado: 5:18am On Dec 28, 2022
Why going far. At least money was paid.
What about slaves called Maids we have in Nigeria especially south east? Where we treat them like expired drugs. Some have died cos of maltreatment from Mrs while oga look the other way. He might even want to collect on top the beating or join in the beating and maltreatment.
Make I hear jor.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 28, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
There is high awareness for this kind of slavery.

But how do you curtail it when people are willing to sell themselves off? Some will claim that they were deceived into it. But these are the same kind of people that will assume that those warning them are haters who don't want them to progress in life.

/

You spot-on!

5 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by Rayjnr: 5:23am On Dec 28, 2022
UselessBuharist:
Saudi Arabia is supposed to be the holy land of Islam, what’s the difference between this crime and drug trafficking? It’s obvious Muslim worship some demons they don’t even know how it came into existence.

Na hypocrisy go kill una.

I see the tolerance in your write up, peaceful people.
Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by peacettw: 5:24am On Dec 28, 2022
franugo:

You are obviously trying to sound woke but come off as sounding immature more than anything. You have the freedom to come online, freedom to resign from whatever job you are doing, freedom to go wherever you choose etc but you chose to come online and give tacit approval to slavers who belong in the 14th century....ridiculous!

On the contrary, I am doing the very opposite.

Just like you read my piece and felt the need to mention me, I read that article and felt strongly that slavery was not the appropriate term to have used. There is already a word for it and it is called human trafficking. A horrid act that has cost millions, children and women included, their very lives and dignity.

The writer chose to ignore that word. Perhaps he or she decided that more attention will be garnered if they evoked some horrid feelings from the word 'slavery'.

So at the risk of sounding woke, perhaps you should think long and hard about what the writer wants you to feel at this moment. And since it clearly made you upset evidenced by your mention, why do you think my depositions failed to equally do the same.

6 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 28, 2022
Mynd44:
Haraj marketplace remains on Apple and Google stores despite UN slavery warning
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/maids-trafficked-and-sold-to-wealthy-saudis-on-black-market-dkl80kzgd?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1672066233

We can only pray for some Africans especially Nigerians. £5/day Just to pepper your friends on Facebook that you are out of the country? Until African stoos nuturing such mentality, they will keep being slabwa to these sets. We can all fight bad leadership and help change our country through our collective voice and power to vote.

Despite all the sufferings they are facing, they are still clamouring for Tinubu, Atiku and Obi What a shame! Fighting themselves over people who destroyed their future. Religion and ethnicity have been used to brainwashed them and you want people who fought a good fight for the betterment of themselves to welcome you without you paying for the price? Stop being a joker!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by faceLAGOS: 5:27am On Dec 28, 2022
I 8 Islam & their adherents.

I hope you Nigerian mooslim can see what they put your fellow black man through.

And you still spend millions of naira on pilgrimage to Saudi.

Well, I know it’s cocaine that most of you go to sell there.

Bunch of fools slamming their heads in ground worshiping what they know not.

I detest Nigerian mooslims.

9 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by faceLAGOS: 5:29am On Dec 28, 2022
englishmart:
My girlfriend told me she was going to Dubai. Someone with zero skill. I knew it was definitely for prostitution. I didn't breakup. Once, once she sends me money. On Christmas day she sent me #250k. She can kee herself there if she wishes. I asked her what she did in Dubai, and she said cleaning. I pretented to believe her. Who am I not to?

I like what you did there grin

1 Like

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by Racoon(m): 5:29am On Dec 28, 2022
angry Slavery still being practiced in a 21st century civilization?
Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by englishmart(m): 5:33am On Dec 28, 2022
faceLAGOS:

I like what you did there grin
grin

5 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by UselessBuharist: 5:34am On Dec 28, 2022
Rayjnr:

I see the tolerance in your write up, peaceful people.

Shut up and go trace how your religion came to be. Evil religion. Humanity means nothing to you

4 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 28, 2022
UselessBuharist:
Saudi Arabia is supposed to be the holy land of Islam, what’s the difference between this crime and drug trafficking? It’s obvious Muslim worship some demons they don’t even know how it came into existence.

Y’all are all same!

You see Christian Nations be holding Bible while dropping bombs on And depriving people of their ancestral land.

Saudi be telling you Islam is a religious of peace while it’s dropping bombs in Yemen!

You know the truth about all, those who gaveAfricans the religion knew it was not potent and was just a colonization tool!

They will hold Bible and pass gay and abortion laws, and you see someone holding Quran and beheading someone. Where is the peace both preach

All just using religion to divide!

Sango and Ogun worshippers are more peaceful than both religions! You will see them cohabit peacefully and even sing praises about each other!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by franugo(m): 5:35am On Dec 28, 2022
peacettw:

On the contrary, I am doing the very opposite.

Just like you read my piece and felt the need to make the above comment, I have read that article and felt strongly that slavery was not the right term to use. There is already a word for it and it is called human trafficking. A horrid act that has cost millions, children and women included, their lives and dignity.

The writer chose to ignore that word. Perhaps he or she decided that more attention will be garnered if they can somehow evoke some horrid feelings from using the word slavery.

So at the risk of sounding woke, perhaps you should think hard about what the writer wants you to feel. Since it clearly made you upset evidenced by your mention, why do you think my deposition failed to do same.

So after A sells her maid, what then do you think B does with the maid? Of course B puts the maid to work doing all manner of chores so B can get value he/she paid to get the maid. Choosing to focus only on the trafficking aspect is incorrect. I find nothing worng with using the more evoking terminology if it'd provide a better result.

Anyho, i get where you're coming from. I don't support it, but i get it. Compliments of the season and Do have a nice day.

3 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by omowumi9: 5:37am On Dec 28, 2022
You are pathetic

UselessBuharist:

1 Like

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by Ykc2(m): 5:39am On Dec 28, 2022
To even imagined that a young man was sentenced death in kano state for insulting Mohammed from Saudi arabia,when black African will get sense?

8 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by 27Pushing30: 5:40am On Dec 28, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Where Arabs stand, those others you listed are learners!

Really? Then you need to explore google make you see things

Arabs might be filthy but abeg give white men , Asians and Latinos. Chance abeg they have zero human nature in them.

2 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by Humble25(m): 5:42am On Dec 28, 2022
Stay in your country no matter the hardship, No one will turn you to slave in your father land.
its just that some people, especially Africans dont learn from history, they have this inferiority complex that all other country are better than theirs, which is not entirely true.
if you stay in your country and contribute to the development of it.
You will see that infact, Africa countries are better than the one you are running to.
God gave us the resources to develop and make our country great still we are among the most backward continent in the world.

4 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by Spaxon(f): 5:49am On Dec 28, 2022
lexy2014:

Exactly. When I opened the thread, the first I was looking out for was whether the app was still on playstote. Guess what, it is.

The west is hypocritical with it's brand of selective justice. Let it be Russia, it mobilise the whole world against it. See the way they chased abramhimovic yet they can't shut down a slavery app.

They're so heavily indebted that's why...

2 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by mu2sa2: 5:58am On Dec 28, 2022
Japa-ing isn't worth it for everyone. For many japa is like falling off the frying pan into fire. About 3 weeks ago there was a report by BBC how in UK Nigerian health professionals are exploited and overworked; they are being subjected to almost slavery-like working conditions. UK is a Christian- dominated country, so the poster above citing Islam because of the alleged mistreatment of maids in Saudi Arabia is 1000% wrong. Neither Christianity nor Islam condone injustice.

2 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by Moneyboyz: 5:58am On Dec 28, 2022
I've been saying this for a while now, people with slave mentality usually attack me saying the Arabs are good people.

https://www.nairaland.com/7339018/arab-slave-trade

Above is a link to my thread on the Arab slave trade that lasted over 1300 years in Africa and Asia.
Feel free to contribute.

The Saudis are not your friend. Beware.

3 Likes

Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by meobizy(f): 6:20am On Dec 28, 2022
Only the white man can save them. The leaders of their countries are powerless, corrupt or ignorant.
Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by Paracetamol01: 6:20am On Dec 28, 2022
Islamabad people
Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by efeski(m): 6:20am On Dec 28, 2022
peacettw:
Slavery. A word cleverly used in this article to trigger a state of disgust and shock to the readers.

But if we think about it very carefully, aren't we in fact already slaves?

Slaves to our leaders who continuously rape our collective wealth and watch us die in droves?

Slaves to countries who we are indebted to and in return now must dictate our economic policies?

Slaves to our religious leaders who use the holy book as a lethal weapon to plunder and desecrate our mental prowess and collective love for humanity in deference to their flawed mortal understanding of the needs of an Almighty God.

I might digress from the article but this world is already filled with unspeakable horrors. The moment we realise that none of us is truly free, the faster we are to redemption.

Your point is taken. However what you just did is the reason the term was coined ... Let's call a spade a spade ...

Also in case you haven't heard, everything before the 'but' is a lie or better put, a load of bs
Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by planetx: 6:25am On Dec 28, 2022
Who forced them to go and be doing maid work in Saudi Arabia. They went willingly because they are poor and looking for money
Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by moshuur(m): 6:25am On Dec 28, 2022
Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by Slimchainz: 6:34am On Dec 28, 2022
I'll not blame the Arabians who knows if she begged for this opportunity so she could make a living even here in Nigeria maids are sent to rich families only on compass and it doesn't easily come by
She left her country to make a living she's no slave this is better than our Nigerian girls traveling to meet a fellow Nigerian lady just for prostitution
Re: Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis by koresh: 6:36am On Dec 28, 2022
G Boyz time to start selling fake human. Dhow them shege

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture Of Guy Who Injured A South African Lady For Refusing To Be Raped / ILe-Ife Crisis: "I Am Not Dead" - Vulcanizer Says (Video, Photos) / Police Officers Break A Man's Head In His House In Delta (Disturbing Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.