Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths (30231 Views)

JAPA Fever Among Nigerian Youths / Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Gerrard59(m): 8:07am On Dec 30, 2022
ednut1:
this is a refugee who cross into euro from libya rest you this man. All these anti japa people just through their old posts lol. They are dishonest and disingenuous
Cc Gerrard.59

I don tire for these people. And from evidence, it shows they tried to japa and failed. The other group na those wey get European/American citizenship yet would not return to black Africa. This group are daylight witches and wizards. shocked

Anyone who wants to japa (legally) should do so. If you don't want, there is no problem.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by mamajaz(f): 8:55am On Dec 30, 2022
Tenshades:

Well, anybody who japa and talks down on his/her origin is just stupid.

It's just like someone who leaves an ex and later talks down on that ex.

It's just irrelevant and stupid.

God bless you. About 2 weeks ago, one of my seniors who I respect so much at work called me and said, you speak very good English. I said, oh we were taught to speak this way back home. She then said, is your education great back home? I said, oh yeah! We have one of the best trainings. We're consistently being baked for international consumptions. I moved forward to say, without our level of trainings and skills impartation, we will not be able to acclimatise easily. That talk about technology you guys are far ahead but because our education is optimal, we're able to grasp those technicalities in no time at all. Then, she smiled and said, you guys are super- brilliant though. All efforts to bring the corruption in system into it, I stylishly pushed to well, its happening right here, politicians are same everywhere.

No time to paint my country black
All may not be rosy there now, they raised us till we could say, we wanted to chill out small. That been said, I know it is really painful the country isn't making too much sense in terms of security of life and properties. For this alone, omo, eni ori yo, o di japaoooo

2 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Tenshades(m): 9:00am On Dec 30, 2022
mamajaz:

For this alone, omo, eni ori yo, o di japaoooo

Hahahahaha...gbe body. No time grin grin

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by mamajaz(f): 9:53am On Dec 30, 2022
Tenshades:

No time at all my personal person.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by mamajaz(f): 9:59am On Dec 30, 2022
Tenshades:

One of the days my mind left naija completely. My second baby was about 6 weeks. Husbandman was travelling from Akure to Osun and askari boys hooked him for road for over 5 hours, took him to ATM collected 15k from him, dey tell him dem go say him steal and they brought out from their station wetin dem go say hin steal.

Omooo, I dust mebook go write am por IELTS.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Lalakukulala47: 10:02am On Dec 30, 2022
ednut1:
Atheism is growing in Nigeria already, when you see what those scammer pastors are doing looting tithes, carrying babes and buying jets. What do you expect You said many of our parents were educated due to the missionaries. Today pastors open secondary schools and universities that the average church member can’t afford. The Chinese and Indians japa in droves before going back( they still japa) to build their nation. Let people japa in peace. The man Buhari destroyed Nigeria twice in 83-85 plus 2015 till date. Under Yar adua and GEJ many Abroadians moved to Nigeria . If the country good people wont japa. The leaders and elites all have houses abroad their kids have abroad passport too. Total nigerians that have japa to Europe and north/ South America since 2020 are less than 500,000. So why all the fuss when the country has 200m plus people

This guy and Japa agenda. People like you can never wish Nigeria get better so you can always justify your cause.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Lalakukulala47: 10:03am On Dec 30, 2022
mamajaz:

One of the days my mind left naija completely. My second baby was about 6 weeks. Husbandman was travelling from Akure to Osun and askari boys hooked him for road for over 5 hours, took him to ATM collected 15k from him, dey tell him dem go say him steal and they brought out from their station wetin dem go say hin steal.

Dust your passport and go. Don't take your husband along o. Leave him for Naija make hin suffer. Women don't need men. Go abroad and take your baby along
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by mamajaz(f): 10:06am On Dec 30, 2022
Lalakukulala47:

Dust your passport and go. Don't take your husband along o. Leave him for Naija make hin suffer. Women don't need men. Go abroad and take your baby along

U dey whine me bah? All of we don run away. I need my husband bro. No thanks if your girl no need you!

We here, both need ourselves for optimal functionality in the cold.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ednut1(m): 10:08am On Dec 30, 2022
Lalakukulala47:

This guy and Japa agenda. People like you can never wish Nigeria get better so you can always justify your cause.
there are 200m in Nigeria. Totally japa since 2020 is less than 500k. Make una rest
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Tenshades(m): 10:08am On Dec 30, 2022
mamajaz:

We go dey alright by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Iolo(m): 10:31am On Dec 30, 2022
Japa isn’t a Nigerian thing alone. The Europeans flocked to the UK before brexit. The Chinese and Indians are still migrating to USA, Canada and other countries. Same with Eastern Europeans moving west ward for better opportunities. The citizens of these countries migrate for economic reasons and that is completely normal.

In Nigeria’s case you do have a mix of economic, security, and infrastructural issues to deal with which makes migration even more attractive.

OP does have a valid point around the glorification of it though. People wanting to travel just about anywhere thinking it’s better than Nigeria. The average Nigerian thinks any abroad is better which isn’t true. This leads to people migrating unprepared (either without necessary skills to survive or funding) and then you find them doing odd jobs or illegal activities.

Lastly, topic for another day but Nigerians have a tendency to demarket themselves and the country causing a viscous cycle. This means even foreigners see the country worse off than it really is.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ArcFresky(m): 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
Harkstetunz:
Everybody can't remain in Nigeria. Let he that choose to stay, stay, and let he that choose to leave, leave. I believe people can't be coerced into leaving against their wish and vice versa - individuals know what's best for them grin

Nah, the last statement is a fallacy, reality is different from expectations.

You can’t travel to Scotland with no-skills… naa hunger go kill the person.
You fit try am make you come back give testiomony.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by babaoloola(m): 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
this one that have travel are here

If you migrate legally, this wouldn't happen. Stop posting pictures of asylum seekers to make a point.

What is $20k?? to typical hardworking Nigerians? 70% of Americans or EU may not save that because they don't have to. Only few ones are ambitious to save more, to make their family more comfortable in the future. The system is already designed to take care of everybody. Kids will go to free Unis and pay later. They will get mortgage once they start working, and so they won't be homeless, etc. So why should Oyinbo adults save $20k?? They'd rather blast it on holidays and travels! They even deliberately work less so no tax and government can support them.

Challenges are everywhere. But the odds differ joor
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ahiboilandgas: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
babaoloola:

If you migrate legally, this wouldn't happen. Stop posting pictures of asylum seekers to make a point.

What is $20k?? to typical hardworking Nigerians? 70% of Americans or EU may not save that because they don't have to. Only few ones are ambitious to save more, to make their family more comfortable in the future. The system is already designed to take care of everybody. Kids will go to free Unis and pay later. They will get mortgage once they start working, and so they won't be homeless, etc. So why should Oyinbo adults save $20k?? They'd rather blast it on holidays and travels! They even deliberately work less so no tax and government can support them.

Challenges are everywhere. But the odds differ joor
system take care of ever one ! But forget this people. Mr system

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by babaoloola(m): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
ArcFresky:

Nah, the last statement is a fallacy, reality is different from expectations.

You can’t travel to Scotland with no-skills… naa hunger go kill the person.
You fit try am make you come back give testiomony.

People survive in Scotland with ZERO skills. You will eat, have a shelter and live a life relative to your capacity. What you wouldn't do is remain without skills.

I think the key thing is migrating legally.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by babaoloola(m): 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
system take care of ever one ! But forget this people. Mr system

Where is this please. Please tell us.

I doubt if you know some people deliberately live like that. If you are not constituting nuisance, you are allowed. One NGO I know used to share tents like this to people. lipsrsealed
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ahiboilandgas: 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2022
babaoloola:

Where is this please. Please tell us.

I doubt if you know some people deliberately live like that. If you are not constituting nuisance, you are allowed. One NGO I know used to share tents like this to people. lipsrsealed

JAPA paradise ! Where middle class Nigeria resign from top jobs sell there property to go. U can guess .
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ArcFresky(m): 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2022
babaoloola:

People survive in Scotland with ZERO skills. You will eat, have a shelter and live a life relative to your capacity. What you wouldn't do is remain without skills.

I think the key thing is migrating legally.

Lol, there is someone squatting in my house rn, schooling in scotland.. if he can travel from scotland to Cardiff to find factory work, and you sit down there, claiming you can get jobs without skills in Scotland? My dear, wakeup.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by CookieBrown: 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
Angelfrost:

How did the people in USA become this way??!

Were they born this way or were Africans and Nigerians created this way?!!

Such words and arguments like yours make me laugh!

Great leaders make great nations even out of the worst of people!

Akwa-Ibom became the cleanest state in Nigeria and one of the cleanest in West Africa not because the people all had a general sanitation epiphany out of the blues... Nope, a leader arose that saw the need for change, channeled efforts and resources to achieve this, convinced his people to walk the path, and it happened.

Waiting for sheep to lead themselves will never work please...!

Quit throwing blames at a rudderless and badly led people... If people could lead themselves, then why do we need to elect leaders?!!

So, point of correction:

If you take the leaders in today's Japan and replace them with those in Nigeria and vice versa, Nigeria will become a world power while Japan will become a third world nation!

This is nothing but wishful thinking and of course, refusing to self reflect and take responsibility for one's own wrong choices in life. No matter how good a leader is, nothing will change if the people themselves don't make the effort or choice to change!

- The bank teller and manager who connive or conspire with the fraudster to collect funds from unsuspecting victims for a cut. Aren't they both Nigerians? Are they Politicians?

- The bank teller and manager who turn a blind eye to accounts worth billions from drugs, theft of public funds etc. Aren't they both Nigerians? Are they Politicians?

- Those who break the law daily even though they're educated enough to know better, aren't they all Nigerians? Are they Politicians?

I can go on and on but I think you get my point. But somehow, I doubt it. No one in Nigeria wants to take responsibility for anything. It's always the fault of someone else. If most Nigerians choose to do the right thing, it'll be very difficult for public officials to be corrupt because the Good Nigerians will report them and make sure they face the law instead of getting their own share of the so called national cake. Sadly, there are too few good Nigerians left.

Many Nigerians abroad obey the law because they know that they are outnumbered by the citizens who have complete opposite life values and will not tolerate them. Not because they are mostly good people. Every week there are reports of Nigerians committing crimes all over the world, especially in these same advanced civilized countries they run to.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by chinchum(m): 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
see you big mouth 20000 USD is a partly sum ! Am sure you never enter airport before! Even 10000 USD u have to declear ! 20000 usd that over 70 percent of American don't have and can be used as down payment for house. This mumu assumption that in month you are supposed to be the new dangote is what making Nigeria commit all sort of crimes abroad when reality set in .
Well, i have not entered airport in your shallow assumption. Nigerians are high fliers in most developed nations. I am not even in Nigeria, and have a second passport, so i passed through waters or deserts then to leave Nigeria. Most of you use outlier report to form stupid opinion. Even many Asylum seekers turn around their story in years, although i don't encourage seeking assylum. I repeat for most Nigerian graduates who leave legally and cut their coat according their size 20000usd is a paltry saving in a year. Keep following statistics that is predominantly not applicable to an average Nigerian graduate in US, UK, Canada, Germany e.t.c . The bulk of Nigerian immigrants are not assylum seekers.

Be happy with yourself if truly you are progressing in Nigeria. I pray you succeed anywhere you find yourself . Stop stressing and posting asylum seekers who passed through water or deserts, many of them will even be alright in a matter of years.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Angelfrost(m): 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2022
CookieBrown:

This is nothing but wishful thinking and of course, refusing to self reflect and take responsibility for one's own wrong choices in life. No matter how good a leader is, nothing will change if the people themselves don't make the effort or choice to change!

- The bank teller and manager who connive or conspire with the fraudster to collect funds from unsuspecting victims for a cut. Aren't they both Nigerians? Are they Politicians?

- The bank teller and manager who turn a blind eye to accounts worth billions from drugs, theft of public funds etc. Aren't they both Nigerians? Are they Politicians?

- Those who break the law daily even though they're educated enough to know better, aren't they all Nigerians? Are they Politicians?

I can go on and on but I think you get my point. But somehow, I doubt it. No one in Nigeria wants to take responsibility for anything. It's always the fault of someone else. If most Nigerians choose to do the right thing, it'll be very difficult for public officials to be corrupt because the Good Nigerians will report them and make sure they face the law instead of getting their own share of the so called national cake. Sadly, there are too few good Nigerians left.

Many Nigerians abroad obey the law because they know that they are outnumbered by the citizens who have complete opposite life values and will not tolerate them. Not because they are mostly good people. Every week there are reports of Nigerians committing crimes all over the world, especially in these same advanced civilized countries they run to.

I have been a leader for over 15 years... So, I speak authoritatively that model citizens are not born that way. They are raised and trained by good leaders.

I have brought forth pearls out of the worst of raw materials... That's why leadership is serious business and commitment.

Comparing Nigeria with those nations is basically being unfair and unreal... Name one exceptionally upstanding leader Nigeria has had since the civil war!

I can bet you can't... Yet, it's okay to just castigate the entire people?!!

Waiting for or demanding that millions of common citizens change and become model citizens is simply wishful thinking.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by babaoloola(m): 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
ArcFresky:

Lol, there is someone squatting in my house rn, schooling in scotland.. if he can travel from scotland to Cardiff to find factory work, and you sit down there, claiming you can get jobs without skills in Scotland? My dear, wakeup.

OK there are no factory work in Scotland? Lolz
Plus as student, I have even if he's highly skilled, the 20hrs limit will reduce his chances.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by babaoloola(m): 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2022
chinchum:
Well, i have not entered airport in your shallow assumption. Nigerians are high fliers in most developed nations. I am not even in Nigeria, and have a second passport, so i passed through waters or deserts then to leave Nigeria. Most of you use outlier report to form stupid opinion. Even many Asylum seekers turn around their story in years, although i don't encourage seeking assylum. I repeat for most Nigerian graduates who leave legally and cut their coat according their size 20000usd is a paltry saving in a year. Keep following statistics that is predominantly not applicable to an average Nigerian graduate in US, UK, Canada, Germany e.t.c . The bulk of Nigerian immigrants are not assylum seekers.

Be happy with yourself if truly you are progressing in Nigeria. I pray you succeed anywhere you find yourself . Stop stressing and posting asylum seekers who passed through water or deserts, many of them will even be alright in a matter of years.

This is so true. Many follow statistics and use few cases where things go wrong to judge every Japa move.

Someone at this time and age truly believe Nigerian student don't have a way round the 20hrs restrictions during studies for instance.

I repeat, it will be hard to find anyone who migrated legally, follow the system, stay clean, and work hard, that will regret ever leaving Nigeria.

I just laugh when they mock those who resigned average jobs to Japa
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by chinchum(m): 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
babaoloola:

This is so true. Many follow statistics and use few cases where things go wrong to judge every Japa move.

Someone at this time and age truly believe Nigerian student don't have a way round the 20hrs restrictions during studies for instance.

I repeat, it will be hard to find anyone who migrated legally, follow the system, stay clean, and work hard, that will regret ever leaving Nigeria.

I just laugh when they mock those who resigned average jobs to Japa
The mockery is insecurity. A Student working in the campus may bypass the 20hrs/ week restriction. I recall Canada as of last month or there about lifted the 20hrs/wk restriction for students. Nigerians are smart as we have underground economy jobs they can take if really necessary. Bad news sell and some people just form general opinion on such.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by afbstrategies: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2022
Sukkyy2010:

To japa is not as easy as it seems base on it noise, I try giving it a try, during initial process I got to know that my little #3m can't take me no where like Canada or a decent European country.

The travel cost humble me I swear, is not an understatement if i say those of you who made it out of this country were rich.

I can relate to your point of view and struggles. In all, I have concluded that our destiny can only be delayed, and this is based on my experiences before I got here. I think you should stick with your guts and follow your instincts bro. I don't know about Canada except a brief vacation at Niagra falls more than a decade ago but spread out your options, fast if you can and ask God to take control.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by CookieBrown: 3:22am On Dec 31, 2022
Angelfrost:

I have been a leader for over 15 years... So, I speak authoritatively that model citizens are not born that way. They are raised and trained by good leaders.

I have brought forth pearls out of the worst of raw materials... That's why leadership is serious business and commitment.

Comparing Nigeria with those nations is basically being unfair and unreal... Name one exceptionally upstanding leader Nigeria has had since the civil war!

I can bet you can't... Yet, it's okay to just castigate the entire people?!!

Waiting for or demanding that millions of common citizens change and become model citizens is simply wishful thinking.

I have been a leader for over 15 years - I gave you FACTS and you respond with chest beating. Read what I wrote again and prove me wrong with FACTS, not stories. Nigerians in general, on average never take responsibility for their wrong doing. And until we do this, things will never change.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Angelfrost(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2022
CookieBrown:

I have been a leader for over 15 years - I gave you FACTS and you respond with chest beating. Read what I wrote again and prove me wrong with FACTS, not stories. Nigerians in general, on average never take responsibility for their wrong doing. And until we do this, things will never change.

Telling you of my leadership experience is not chest beating, it's not stories.... I'm being factual and clearly validating my position.

You on the other hand, just enjoy putting your nation down...! I honestly don't get why.

Yes, Nigerians don't take responsibility and enjoy doing wrong things... Whose fault is that?!!! How, when and where will the change come?!!... This is the crux of the matter.

Did Americans just wake up one day, and everyone or everything had changed for the better?!! Who initiated the general redemptive change in these nations?!! Was it the fellow citizens?!!

What is the way forward for Nigerians?!! How will the change come?!!

The answer you keep circling around is what I have been saying since: LEADERSHIP!

LEADERSHIP at the highest and lowest levels!

Leadership is why I joined this forum, and why I consistently engage people on this forum, making corrections and constructive criticisms.

It's not enough to keep saying that until Nigerians change their ways or mindsets... We have been saying this for decades sir.

If we don't start educating, setting examples, and pushing for transformation, things will continue to degenerate.

Americans are not better human beings than Nigerians! They were not created superiorly! They simply have better leaders and orientation.

If you don't understand something so simple and basic, then I'm afraid we are wasting our time here. Compliments!
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Allisgud: 11:21am On Dec 31, 2022
deji17:

The people are the government. You have been made to believe that the government are people from another country or planet. They are a true reflection of who we are. Take it and we will start to get it right from there.
Let's face it, you and I, plus the people in govt , who are taken from the pool of you and I, are the problem. Enough of finger pointing and blame game.
answer this question,am I or are u in authority to give strict rules and enforcement to carry orders if no is ur answer,then u need to reason
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by deji17: 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2022
Allisgud:
answer this question,am I or are u in authority to give strict rules and enforcement to carry orders if no is ur answer,then u need to reason

One does not need to be in authority in order to contribute to the mess we find ourselves. However authority has levels . From Councillor , to LG chairman, to Civil Servants, religious leaders, community leaders etc. If you drive one way, illegal power connection, offer or take bribe, steal from your employer, etc, you've contributed to the mess we found ourselves. So enough of looking for scapegoats. The political leaders, religious leaders, Civil servants etc are taken from the pool among us.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Allisgud: 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
deji17:

One does not need to be in authority in order to contribute to the mess we find ourselves. However authority has levels . From Councillor , to LG chairman, to Civil Servants, religious leaders, community leaders etc. If you drive one way, illegal power connection, offer or take bribe, steal from your employer, etc, you've contributed to the mess we found ourselves. So enough of looking for scapegoats. The political leaders, religious leaders, Civil servants etc are taken from the pool among us.
listen!the dubai china,Singapore Qatar u see today progressing is not because they are too religious or well manerd,they are afraid of the law,the govt of china knows it's citizen bad attitude that is why they have to build police stations in Nigeria to arrest those who misbehave in diaspora
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by CookieBrown: 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2022
Angelfrost:

Telling you of my leadership experience is not chest beating, it's not stories.... I'm being factual and clearly validating my position.

You on the other hand, just enjoy putting your nation down...! I honestly don't get why.

Yes, Nigerians don't take responsibility and enjoy doing wrong things... Whose fault is that?!!! How, when and where will the change come?!!... This is the crux of the matter.

Did Americans just wake up one day, and everyone or everything had changed for the better?!! Who initiated the general redemptive change in these nations?!! Was it the fellow citizens?!!

What is the way forward for Nigerians?!! How will the change come?!!

The answer you keep circling around is what I have been saying since: LEADERSHIP!

LEADERSHIP at the highest and lowest levels!

Leadership is why I joined this forum, and why I consistently engage people on this forum, making corrections and constructive criticisms.

It's not enough to keep saying that until Nigerians change their ways or mindsets... We have been saying this for decades sir.

If we don't start educating, setting examples, and pushing for transformation, things will continue to degenerate.

Americans are not better human beings than Nigerians! They were not created superiorly! They simply have better leaders and orientation.

If you don't understand something so simple and basic, then I'm afraid we are wasting our time here. Compliments!

Telling you of my leadership experience is not chest beating, it's not stories -- Yup! That was chest beating without making an effort to dispute the facts I mentioned.

Yes, Nigerians don't take responsibility and enjoy doing wrong things... Whose fault is that?!!! --> Sorry. You are a perfect example of the average Nigerian. You just admitted and at the same time doubled down again! Confusion everywhere. Who's fault is it? Like really? When you break the law it's not your fault? It's the fault of the government of course!! You don't know the difference between right and wrong.

What is the way forward for Nigerians?!! How will the change come?!! ---> Change starts with you! By simply taking responsibility, self reflecting and doing the right thing. You, I and every other Nigerian.

It's not enough to keep saying that until Nigerians change their ways or mindsets... We have been saying this for decades sir---> Simply saying things for decades and not actually taking action makes no sense. Actions speak louder than words remember.

Americans are not better human beings than Nigerians! They were not created superiorly! ---> I don't even know what this means or what it has to do with Nigeria's problems

You on the other hand, just enjoy putting your nation down...! I honestly don't get why. ---> When or where in my post did I? Prove it! Calling out Nigerians (Not Nigeria) for their bad choices in life and encouraging them to self reflect is not putting the country down but trying to save it!

Leadership is why I joined this forum, and why I consistently engage people on this forum, making corrections and constructive criticisms --> How can you be a leader without self reflecting and taking responsibility / accountability? How?
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Angelfrost(m): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2022
CookieBrown:

Telling you of my leadership experience is not chest beating, it's not stories -- Yup! That was chest beating without making an effort to dispute the facts I mentioned.

Yes, Nigerians don't take responsibility and enjoy doing wrong things... Whose fault is that?!!! --> Sorry. You are a perfect example of the average Nigerian. You just admitted and at the same time doubled down again! Confusion everywhere. Who's fault is it? Like really? When you break the law it's not your fault? It's the fault of the government of course!! You don't know the different between right and wrong.

What is the way forward for Nigerians?!! How will the change come?!! ---> Change starts with you! By simply taking responsibility, self reflecting and doing the right thing. You, I and every other Nigerian.

It's not enough to keep saying that until Nigerians change their ways or mindsets... We have been saying this for decades sir---> Simply saying things for decades and not actually taking action makes no sense. Actions speak louder than words remember.

Americans are not better human beings than Nigerians! They were not created superiorly! ---> I don't even know what this means or what it has to do with Nigeria's problems

You on the other hand, just enjoy putting your nation down...! I honestly don't get why. ---> When or where in my post did I? Prove it! Calling out Nigerians (Not Nigeria) for their bad choices in life and encouraging them to self reflect is not putting the country down but trying to save it!

Leadership is why I joined this forum, and why I consistently engage people on this forum, making corrections and constructive criticisms --> How can you be a leader without self reflecting and taking responsibility / accountability? How?

You see my point?!! Back and forth to no practical end!

You probably just enjoy arguing for the sheer sake of having the last word!

Let's lay this to rest sir...

Answer this:

How exactly can Nigerians become model citizens like those other nations you keep citing?!!

This is quite simple and needless of arguments. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reopening: Passengers Must Arrive Airports Three Hours Before Flights - FAAN / Man's Car Somersaulted Multiple Times In Enugu (Photos) / Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.