Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths (30233 Views)

JAPA Fever Among Nigerian Youths / Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Babastrong(m): 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
[quote author=Harkstetunz post=119515564]Everybody can't remain in Nigeria. Let he that choose to stay, stay, and let he that choose to leave, leave. I believe people can't be coerced into leaving against their wish and vice versa - individuals know what's best for them grin[ We will not gree make biafrans leave nigeria. They're dots in a circle. And they must fulfill their promises. TO DEFEND HER UNITY. i rest my case. Court! ]
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Allisgud: 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
I think the govt is our problem,not the people,which is our constitution,if Nigeria will work let the govt create a rule and enforce it apply it to anybody poor and the elite,remove immunity,this is how the country will work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by LastProphet: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
i no follow for childish and unreasonable talk . You have eaten today just know 1000s of truckers and doing delivery of food,fuel drugs ,cloths spare part Nationwide .

I have done more business than you and Nigeria is a hopeless country because one idiotic police can blow that your matured mouth away just by mistake and he will still dodge justice if he's connected, I repeat "that you don't know anything". Even those your trucks give it 1 year on Nigerian roads. I know you think you know your way round by dropping money for police , this that, all that is bullshit but you will never know until you come and do business elsewhere

4 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Angelfrost(m): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
MimiSheWrote:
Oh i get your point sire. but I said it takes more than the government to advance a nation, I didn't say the government ain't as important as the people on that quest.

And besides, It's still the 'people' that eventually win elections and become the 'government' right? By

I agree with you...! Still, the initiative and direction must come from leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by shegzhkn: 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
Angelfrost:

How did the people in USA become this way??!

Were they born this way or were Africans and Nigerians created this way?!!

Such words and arguments like yours make me laugh!

Great leaders make great nations even out of the worst of people!

Akwa-Ibom became the cleanest state in Nigeria and one of the cleanest in West Africa not because the people all had a general sanitation epiphany out of the blues... Nope, a leader arose that saw the need for change, channeled efforts and resources to achieve this, convinced his people to walk the path, and it happened.

Waiting for sheep to lead themselves will never work please...!

Quit throwing blames at a rudderless and badly led people... If people could lead themselves, then why do we need to elect leaders?!!

So, point of correction:

If you take the leaders in today's Japan and replace them with those in Nigeria and vice versa, Nigeria will become a world power while Japan will become a third world nation!

Lol, complete joke. So the Japanese will watch one lowlife from Africa to destroy their country, huh ??
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Maliqcious: 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
So na we introduce 419 to the system
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Maliqcious: 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:
. So so true !!!

That's what most people don't understand !

It's better I live like a king in my country than to become an errand boy in other people's country just bcs of social amenities ! undecided
who make you king for Nigeria? Reality over emotion jor
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Angelfrost(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
shegzhkn:

Lol, complete joke. So the Japanese will watch one lowlife from Africa to destroy their country, huh ??

Fair point sir! grin
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Olodo24: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
Nonsense post . See how you foolishly blamed it all on the youths. How many children of our politicians schooled/is schooling in Nigeria? How many times in 7 years has Buhari gone on medical trips abroad? This post is just off

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Desusi: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
sonnie10:

Let’s play with maths from the figures you presented.

Just asking, you did a day job and was paid 4500 Belgium’s money. You then went to a tokumbo car stand and the price of a decent car was 90000.
What can be deduced from this story is that if you worked for only 20 days and saved the money, you could buy a decent car. Therefore, realistically if you saved half of your income for 40 days, you could afford a car.
My question now, which job would you have done back home to be able to afford a car after 40 days of work?

Let me even hype it a little. In a year, if sending cars home is what you were interested in, you could have sent 10 cars home every year!
Thanks a lot for your analysis. Be rest assured that things do not remained the same. Just as Nigeria economy is going downward slope, Belgium could be worst.who bewitched us?
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by OdefaGirl(f): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Op how is our japaing outside Nigeria your problem. Stay in Nigeria if you want to stay, as for me and odefagirl we are japaing out of Nigeria next year

You dey mind Dem? grin grin
People use their eyes, hands and conscience imprison their land.... now wants everyone to suffer it. Ko possible ni
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by KaptainAfrika: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
Will someone tell the Poster that ALL THE ELITE IN NIGERIA HAVE 2ND PASSPORTS from your Political leaders to your Business leaders to your Religious leaders. So the Poster can to hell with his ANTI-JAPA write-up.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by bull67: 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2022
One of nigerians in diaspora .Adebayo ogunlesi acquired Gatwick Airport in the UK. His father was a professor in Nigeria but now retired. Mr adebayo is now 70 and his father is still alive and nearly 100. Go to goggle and all type adebayo ogunlesi. The is what japarism is all about. Mr adebayo was part of president trump's cabinet. In the UK too there are nigerians in government too. I know a man here that produces 10 thousand loaves a day. Their are silent millionaire in diaspora but, you don't see such people coming to Nigeria spraying money on juju and fuji musicians or marring 4 wives like your millionaires in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by tctrills: 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:
I've watched with amazement and bewilderment how the social media nairaland inclusive, have been filled with the stories of leaving Nigeria to other countries with the impression that, once they get there their problems are over. I think this big fat lie will hunt, and may destroy our future generations if nothing is done about it.

1. They believe once you leave the shores of this country, you have nothing to worry about again bcs automatic success is now guaranteed. If this is true, what happens to many Nigerians that are now stranded after so many years abroad ? Is the system over there a contributory factor as well

2. Government is bad !
Yes Nigerian government is very bad, if not the worst in the whole world. But then, who is the government, isn't it you and I ? Are we forgetting that a government is a product of the society and the reflection of its people ?
If the government is bad, then we're bad as a people !

This very generation of Nigerian youths is worse than the current leaders of the pass/outgoing generation they're blaming.

At least, our current leaders did not practice Yahoo Yahoo, Yahoo plus, they did not steal women pants for money ritual, they didn't engage in kidnapping for quick money etc in their time. But this generation does and even far worst things. I'm not in anyway exhonorating them bcs they have really messed up this country. But this generation is now worst than them.

Yes our pass and current leaders steal our collective wealth ? They did/do so bcs we allow them to, based on ethic, tribal and religious sentiments. In fact continuous stealing is only possible in the society of thieves and robbers. If all we could produce as leaders are thieves and looters, then that's who we all are as a people.

These same people that are preaching "JAPA" now, will never obey a simple traffic rule while in Nigeria, but they're there now throw every kind of stone against their own country.
Ask them what's their own contribution back home towards nation building.

Did they ever obey simple traffic rule?

What about paying their taxes, what was their contribution to social development and services etc ?

These things and more they're willingly do over there bcs they know that the
[b]the sicitzens of those countries make law and systems to work not even the governments
, and they cannot hid under a finger. Remove the law and oder over there, and see them showing their true colours.

Lastly, I think there are some external forces behind this sudden propaganda of japa. I know Nigeria is at it worst state since it started as a nation, but if we all run away, who will rescue and build it, where would we run back to when the jungle is matured outside ?

Nations are built by their citizens.

And for those of you outside Nigeria whose job now is to mock and denigrate the country, remember your people are still leaving here.

Some are even going as far as mocking God, the two major religions, saying all manner of things against the church, mosque etc. For your information, Nigerians have always been religious, it's in our DNA. There's a time Nigeria was working, our currency was better than the British pounds. My mother's senior brothers who schooled in the UK came back to Nigeria to work, and that didn't make people less religious.

Maybe you forgot, I will remind some of you that, some of your parents wouldn't have been educated but for the help the church and missionary Schools .

https://www.nairaland.com/7495060/why-nigerians-less-religious-when/2

Build, don't destroy the Nation

Nlpf mod, DisGuy, justwise, seun, lalasticlala and co

Boss just one small argument to throw all your points into the latrine. Diaspora Remittance to Nigeria for 2021 was over $22 billion. As long as what you wrote does not translate to money in the pockets and families of Nigerians, it's of no use.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by LilleG(m): 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
Everyone has their own say. We all can't leave the nation and at the same time we can't all continue with this hardship!
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by LilleG(m): 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
KaptainAfrika:
Will someone tell the Poster that ALL THE ELITE IN NIGERIA HAVE 2ND PASSPORTS from your Political leaders to your Business leaders to your Religious leaders. So the Poster can to hell with his ANTI-JAPA write-up.
Lol, easy sir grin
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Tastemoney(m): 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:
I've watched with amazement and bewilderment how the social media nairaland inclusive, have been filled with the stories of leaving Nigeria to other countries with the impression that, once they get there their problems are over. I think this big fat lie will hunt, and may destroy our future generations if nothing is done about it.

1. They believe once you leave the shores of this country, you have nothing to worry about again bcs automatic success is now guaranteed. If this is true, what happens to many Nigerians that are now stranded after so many years abroad ? Is the system over there a contributory factor as well

2. Government is bad !
Yes Nigerian government is very bad, if not the worst in the whole world. But then, who is the government, isn't it you and I ? Are we forgetting that a government is a product of the society and the reflection of its people ?

This very generation of Nigerian youths is worse than the current leaders of the pass/outgoing generation they're blaming.

At least, our current leaders did not practice Yahoo Yahoo, Yahoo plus, they did not steal women pants for money ritual, they didn't engage in kidnapping for quick money etc in their time. But this generation does and even far worst things. I'm not in anyway exhonorating them bcs they have really messed up this country. But this generation is now worst than them.

Yes our pass and current leaders steal our collective wealth ? They did/do so bcs we allow them to, based on ethic, tribal and religious sentiments. In fact continuous stealing is only possible in the society of thieves and robbers. If all we could produce as leaders are thieves and looters, then that's who we all are as a people.

These same people that are preaching "JAPA" now, will never obey a simple traffic rule while in Nigeria, but they're there now throw every kind of stone against their own country.

What about paying their taxes, what was their contribution to social development and services etc ?

[b]the sicitzens of those countries make law and systems to work not even the governments
, and they cannot hid under a finger. Remove the law and oder over there, and see them showing their true colours.

Lastly, I think there are some external forces behind this sudden propaganda of japa. I know Nigeria is at it worst state since it started as a nation, but if we all run away, who will rescue and build it, where would we run back to when the jungle is matured outside ?

And for those of you outside Nigeria whose job now is to mock and denigrate the country, remember your people are still leaving here.

Some are even going as far as mocking God, the two major religions, saying all manner of things against the church, mosque etc. For your information, Nigerians have always been religious, it's in our DNA. There's a time Nigeria was working, our currency was better than the British pounds. My mother's senior brothers who schooled in the UK came back to Nigeria to work, and that didn't make people less religious.

Maybe you forgot, I will remind some of you that, some of your parents wouldn't have been educated but for the help the church and missionary Schools .

Nice write up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by hoilakes(m): 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
I am not one of them though this country is sweet I just need to have enough money to live a lawful living. use gadgets like this that will make life easier, have a standard electric car, and.... just thinking out loud if you give me a JAPA opportunity to a legit place I no mind o Biko

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by deji17: 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
Angelfrost:

How did the people in USA become this way??!

Were they born this way or were Africans and Nigerians created this way?!!

Such words and arguments like yours make me laugh!

Great leaders make great nations even out of the worst of people!

Akwa-Ibom became the cleanest state in Nigeria and one of the cleanest in West Africa not because the people all had a general sanitation epiphany out of the blues... Nope, a leader arose that saw the need for change, channeled efforts and resources to achieve this, convinced his people to walk the path, and it happened.

Waiting for sheep to lead themselves will never work please...!

Quit throwing blames at a rudderless and badly led people... If people could lead themselves, then why do we need to elect leaders?!!

So, point of correction:

If you take the leaders in today's Japan and replace them with those in Nigeria and vice versa, Nigeria will become a world power while Japan will become a third world nation!

Good thing you mention Akwa Ibom. That means other state government can copy what works in Akwa Ibom. But will they? Many things are driven at the local level, state and federal, but is it happening?
Using this same logic as you, if you replace US citizens with Nigerians and retain their Presidents and State governors as it is (Americans), can you imagine what will become of that country in 8 years? Food for thoughts.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ogatboy(m): 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2022
Useless write up. The leaders that run there for every little thing, can they try here what they try there?
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Sukkyy2010: 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
afbstrategies:
shocked
Do I blame Nigerian youths trying to leave? Absolutely not. Nigerian politicians will wear your energy down, shatter your dreams and brainwash you the same way BAT is doing to his urchins.

Jetting out of Nigeria remains the best decision I made in my entire life.

Give it a shot as long as you don't plan to commit any crime in the process.
To japa is not as easy as it seems base on it noise, I try giving it a try, during initial process I got to know that my little #3m can't take me no where like Canada or a decent European country.

The travel cost humble me I swear, is not an understatement if i say those of you who made it out of this country were rich.

4 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by CodeTemplar: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:

So Yahoo yahoo was just invented right?
You must be kidding.
The yahoo yahoo of old inspired the present age yahoo yahoo. The greatest form of yahoo yahoo is when the spirit of an unborn child is manipulated from conception and that's what those of old practiced. Information age only amplified the trend and made it more trendier for greedy folks around.
I am sure all the politicians positioning their seeds abroad are not the indomie generation. It has been happening for long.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by AK481(m): 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
Tenshades:
We all can't run. YES!

At the same time, we all can't be comfortable with hardship.

Let those who want to run do so. And if you choose to stay, stay without crying about who leaves.

You can't dictate how people should live their lives or choose where people should stay/travel to.

Your life is yours, not theirs.

How many leaders children are here ?

Help me ask am.i fit vex if I ask am myself

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by djon78(m): 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:

2. Government is bad !

[b][/b] point of correction

This generation is not worse than past generations as a result of Yahoo Yahoo etc

Older generation messed up the country for this younger generation

The older generation had a very good country bequeathed to them by the founding fathers

But they totally messed up everything

That the youths of today ended up in vices is because of the country they got.

It will not be well with the older generation
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by lereinter(m): 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
mployer:

In your narrow mind, japa is the only meaningful success, anybody that thinks otherwise is jealous.

You are all children.

Kpele Mr wide mind pampas adult

Mumu
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by MrBroke(m): 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2022
Politicians no do anything their only fu<k up nah compromise. The problem with Nigeria is that 80% of the people are divided with religious, tribalist and nepotic sentiments and foolishness
and that same 80% are evil and wicked motherfuckers who engage in fraud, ritual, kidnapping, stealing, greed, selfishness and lack of education and exposure
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by chinchum(m): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
now you are talking JAPA back and come participate in creating the Nigeria of our imagination. I be Anti JAPA for upper middle class doing well ! Pro JAPA for skill graduate and non graduate not earning high to certain Nations. Example a radiologist paid 80k must be encourage to JAPA a radiologist that owns a diagnostic centre that can make 200k daily .No way .
99.9% of the professionals fall in to the former situation in your example while less than 0.01% falls in to the latter situation, it begins to make me wonder why you will criticise what applies to 99.9% . The fallacy is shocking and makes me think there is more to it. The bulk of Nigerian graduates are underemployed, underpaid. At least 200,000 graduates pass through NYSC yearly. Nigeria do not have a short supply of graduates, let some leave if they want to leave. Not everyone will leave , some unemployed graduates will get jobs by virtue of those leaving creating vacancy.

I think many Nigerians criticising those leaving are doing that because of their " i better pass my neighbour" mentality. They keep wondering if those leaving will be "better" than them in the years down the line.

" i better pass my neighbor" syndrome affects a lot of Nigerians, it is a syndrome noticeable in home based Nigerians and Nigerians in diaspora.

Nigerians that have relocated in the last 10 years is less than a million. At least 200,000 graduates produced yearly is a joke to you? Much ado about nothing. I left the country and i am glad for the choice, i do not disparage my country and hope things get better. If you get a chance to leave legally , leave please if you are underemployed, unemployed or frustrated with the security and safety of yourself and family. Weigh your options sensibly. If 10% of those that leave relocate back to Nogeria, they will bring a fresh perspective hopefully although that is also not guaranteed. Many Nigerians in Nigeria are not productive and don't pay tax, they are redundant in the system, they will be more useful to Nigeria when they leave and send foreign remittance.

For those quick to criticise politicians, they are a reflection of followers. That is the reason why Nigerians should select their poison carefully from the politicians in 2023.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by kabukabu50(m): 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2022
tctrills:

Boss just one small argument to throw all your points into the latrine. Diaspora Remittance to Nigeria for 2021 was over $22 billion. As long as what you wrote does not translate to money in the pockets and families of Nigerians, it's of no use.

You get brain no be small.

Chai.

See grammatical slaughter
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:

2. Government is bad !

Let them go, I bet if you have the funds and Visa you will not look back. As many as have the opportunity let them go. Is only the ones that are stranded that you talk about what about the ones that are doing well.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Indifferent12: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:

2. Government is bad !

Nobody believes that if u leave the country your problem is solve automatically, na only you dey think that one.
We know is tough out there but at least there's more n better opportunities out there then here.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
ednut1:
Atheism is growing in Nigeria already, when you see what those scammer pastors are doing looting tithes, carrying babes and buying jets. What do you expect You said many of our parents were educated due to the missionaries. Today pastors open secondary schools and universities that the average church member can’t afford. The Chinese and Indians japa in droves before going back( they still japa) to build their

nation. Let people japa in peace. The man Buhari destroyed Nigeria twice in 83-85 plus 2015 till date. Under Yar adua and GEJ many Abroadians moved to Nigeria . If the country good people wont japa. The leaders and elites all have houses abroad their kids have abroad passport too. Total nigerians that have japa to Europe and north/ South America since 2020 are less than 500,000. So why all the fuss when the country has 200m plus people

I tire o, if the op has opportunity he won't look back.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Sweetvie: 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
Harkstetunz:
Everybody can't remain in Nigeria. Let he that choose to stay, stay, and let he that choose to leave, leave. I believe people can't be coerced into leaving against their wish and vice versa - individuals know what's best for them grin
Well said!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reopening: Passengers Must Arrive Airports Three Hours Before Flights - FAAN / Man's Car Somersaulted Multiple Times In Enugu (Photos) / Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.