Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths (30227 Views)

JAPA Fever Among Nigerian Youths / Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
my trucks driver earn above 200k monthly 100k fix salary and 50k trips allowance per trip x3 per months . They all have fully paid houses modest after 5 to 6 years of long haul driving ! Make I charge you a little! A single 50000 litres PMS trucks generate more money per months than 90 percent of recent japarian in the UK .

Na so for the naija wey we dey so. Nairaland billionaires. Even Dangote does not pay his truck drivers that amount.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Voiceofthestree: 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:

Try read my post once again, I didn't ask anybody who wish to not to Japan, but they should stop destroying their homes from outside, so that when jungle is matured they'll have where to run to.

Look at what happened in Ukraine, was anybody expecting it ?

Anything can happen at anytime, no place like home bro !!!

You are right ok no place like home you stay back ok and let other move truly no place like home
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Franktom247(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2022
One thing I will miss if I ever leave Nigeria is the access to certain things that I am used to over here for instance my new oraimo Rhyme ANC and ENC Wireless Earbuds .

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ahiboilandgas: 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
chinchum:
99.9% of the professionals fall in to the former situation in your example while less than 0.01% falls in to the latter situation, it begins to make me wonder why you will criticise what applies to 99.9% . The fallacy is shocking and makes me think there is more to it. The bulk of Nigerian graduates are underemployed, underpaid. At least 200,000 graduates pass through NYSC yearly. Nigeria do not have a short supply of graduates, let some leave if they want to leave. Not everyone will leave , some unemployed graduates will get jobs by virtue of those leaving creating vacancy.

I think many Nigerians criticising those leaving are doing that because of their " i better pass my neighbour" mentality. They keep wondering if those leaving will be "better" than them in the years down the line.

" i better pass my neighbor" syndrome affects a lot of Nigerians, it is a syndrome noticeable in home based Nigerians and Nigerians in diaspora.

Nigerians that have relocated in the last 10 years is less than a million. At least 200,000 graduates produced yearly is a joke to you? Much ado about nothing. I left the country and i am glad for the choice, i do not disparage my country and hope things get better. If you get a chance to leave legally , leave please if you are underemployed, unemployed or frustrated with the security and safety of yourself and family. Weigh your options sensibly. If 10% of those that leave relocate back to Nogeria, they will bring a fresh perspective hopefully although that is also not guaranteed. Many Nigerians in Nigeria are not productive and don't pay tax, they are redundant in the system, they will be more useful to Nigeria when they leave and send foreign remittance.

For those quick to criticise politicians, they are a reflection of followers. That is the reason why Nigerians should select their poison carefully from the politicians in 2023.
people selling houses and car to raise 15m to JAPA don't earn 80k .only visa application and deposit is over 3 year salary of 80k baller .So it self explanatory.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ahiboilandgas: 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
Octobertwentysix:

Na so for the naija wey we dey so. Nairaland billionaires. Even Dangote does not pay his truck drivers that amount.
to add to you high bp the even make more than that . They allocate driver 1100 litres of AGO from Lagos to Abuja .he uses around 1120 and has 80 litres left x850 Naira x 3 trips in a month =204k per month plus fixed salary + trip allowance plus tomatoes and charcoal on tanker. He make over 400k per month.! Deal with that .

2 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by OdefaGirl(f): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
Tenshades:

Well, anybody who japa and talks down on his/her origin is just stupid.

It's just like someone who leaves an ex and later talks down on that ex.

It's just irrelevant and stupid.

In as much as it's not very sensible to talk down where you from, most times it's out of anger and disappointment that they shove it to the faces of our greedy wicked leaders and those supporters who wishes to end their lives for these looters. It's kind of.... Look at what others are doing for their countries, like some mums would do their lazy/sluggish kids by comparing them to their mates even though it hurts but it reawakens them in a way.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by 360Master: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:
I've watched with amazement and bewilderment how the social media nairaland inclusive, have been filled with the stories of leaving Nigeria to other countries with the impression that, once they get there their problems are over. I think this big fat lie will hunt, and may destroy our future generations if nothing is done about it.

1. They believe once you leave the shores of this country, you have nothing to worry about again bcs automatic success is now guaranteed. If this is true, what happens to many Nigerians that are now stranded after so many years abroad ? Is the system over there a contributory factor as well

2. Government is bad !
Yes Nigerian government is very bad, if not the worst in the whole world. But then, who is the government, isn't it you and I ? Are we forgetting that a government is a product of the society and the reflection of its people ?
If the government is bad, then we're bad as a people !

This very generation of Nigerian youths is worse than the current leaders of the pass/outgoing generation they're blaming.

At least, our current leaders did not practice Yahoo Yahoo, Yahoo plus, they did not steal women pants for money ritual, they didn't engage in kidnapping for quick money etc in their time. But this generation does and even far worst things. I'm not in anyway exhonorating them bcs they have really messed up this country. But this generation is now worst than them.

Yes our pass and current leaders steal our collective wealth ? They did/do so bcs we allow them to, based on ethic, tribal and religious sentiments. In fact continuous stealing is only possible in the society of thieves and robbers. If all we could produce as leaders are thieves and looters, then that's who we all are as a people.

These same people that are preaching "JAPA" now, will never obey a simple traffic rule while in Nigeria, but they're there now throw every kind of stone against their own country.
Ask them what's their own contribution back home towards nation building.

Did they ever obey simple traffic rule?

What about paying their taxes, what was their contribution to social development and services etc ?

These things and more they're willingly do over there bcs they know that the
[b]the sicitzens of those countries make law and systems to work not even the governments
, and they cannot hid under a finger. Remove the law and oder over there, and see them showing their true colours.

Lastly, I think there are some external forces behind this sudden propaganda of japa. I know Nigeria is at it worst state since it started as a nation, but if we all run away, who will rescue and build it, where would we run back to when the jungle is matured outside ?

Nations are built by their citizens.

And for those of you outside Nigeria whose job now is to mock and denigrate the country, remember your people are still leaving here.

Some are even going as far as mocking God, the two major religions, saying all manner of things against the church, mosque etc. For your information, Nigerians have always been religious, it's in our DNA. There's a time Nigeria was working, our currency was better than the British pounds. My mother's senior brothers who schooled in the UK came back to Nigeria to work, and that didn't make people less religious.

Maybe you forgot, I will remind some of you that, some of your parents wouldn't have been educated but for the help the church and missionary Schools .

https://www.nairaland.com/7495060/why-nigerians-less-religious-when/2

Build, don't destroy the Nation

Nlpf mod, DisGuy, justwise, seun, lalasticlala and co

You’re a big Ode with this your mumuish write up… undecided

Nigeria has gone to the dogs and the most viable thing is to leave if you want a better future for you and your children. Have you asked yourself why virtually all politicians, and of course, the rich men send their kids abroad to school or even hold dual citizenship?

I think you need serious mental restructuring to help
You understand the state of things in this country before jumping to type. God help you..

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by luluman: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:
I've watched with amazement and bewilderment how the social media nairaland inclusive, have been filled with the stories of leaving Nigeria to other countries with the impression that, once they get there their problems are over. I think this big fat lie will hunt, and may destroy our future generations if nothing is done about it.

1. They believe once you leave the shores of this country, you have nothing to worry about again bcs automatic success is now guaranteed. If this is true, what happens to many Nigerians that are now stranded after so many years abroad ? Is the system over there a contributory factor as well

2. Government is bad !
Yes Nigerian government is very bad, if not the worst in the whole world. But then, who is the government, isn't it you and I ? Are we forgetting that a government is a product of the society and the reflection of its people ?

This very generation of Nigerian youths is worse than the current leaders of the pass/outgoing generation they're blaming.

At least, our current leaders did not practice Yahoo Yahoo, Yahoo plus, they did not steal women pants for money ritual, they didn't engage in kidnapping for quick money etc in their time. But this generation does and even far worst things. I'm not in anyway exhonorating them bcs they have really messed up this country. But this generation is now worst than them.

Yes our pass and current leaders steal our collective wealth ? They did/do so bcs we allow them to, based on ethic, tribal and religious sentiments. In fact continuous stealing is only possible in the society of thieves and robbers. If all we could produce as leaders are thieves and looters, then that's who we all are as a people.

These same people that are preaching "JAPA" now, will never obey a simple traffic rule while in Nigeria, but they're there now throw every kind of stone against their own country.

What about paying their taxes, what was their contribution to social development and services etc ?

[b]the sicitzens of those countries make law and systems to work not even the governments
, and they cannot hid under a finger. Remove the law and oder over there, and see them showing their true colours.

Lastly, I think there are some external forces behind this sudden propaganda of japa. I know Nigeria is at it worst state since it started as a nation, but if we all run away, who will rescue and build it, where would we run back to when the jungle is matured outside ?

And for those of you outside Nigeria whose job now is to mock and denigrate the country, remember your people are still leaving here.

Some are even going as far as mocking God, the two major religions, saying all manner of things against the church, mosque etc. For your information, Nigerians have always been religious, it's in our DNA. There's a time Nigeria was working, our currency was better than the British pounds. My mother's senior brothers who schooled in the UK came back to Nigeria to work, and that didn't make people less religious.

Maybe you forgot, I will remind some of you that, some of your parents wouldn't have been educated but for the help the church and missionary Schools .

Anyone can preach anything much as any can choose to go to any part of the world.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by luluman: 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
Tenshades:
We all can't run. YES!

At the same time, we all can't be comfortable with hardship.

Let those who want to run do so. And if you choose to stay, stay without crying about who leaves.

You can't dictate how people should live their lives or choose where people should stay/travel to.

Your life is yours, not theirs.
I tire o

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Ifakiland(m): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samunique:

2. Government is bad !

Oga stay in Nigeria na, with the way you like Nigeria, may dey deny you vi's anytime you process visa werey.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by deji17: 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
Allisgud:
I think the govt is our problem,not the people,which is our constitution,if Nigeria will work let the govt create a rule and enforce it apply it to anybody poor and the elite,remove immunity,this is how the country will work
The people are the government. You have been made to believe that the government are people from another country or planet. They are a true reflection of who we are. Take it and we will start to get it right from there.
Let's face it, you and I, plus the people in govt , who are taken from the pool of you and I, are the problem. Enough of finger pointing and blame game.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Octobertwentysix(f): 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
to add to you high bp the even make more than that . They allocate driver 1100 litres of AGO from Lagos to Abuja .he uses around 1120 and has 80 litres left x850 Naira x 3 trips in a month =204k per month plus fixed salary + trip allowance plus tomatoes and charcoal on tanker. He make over 400k per month.! Deal with that .

Ok, no need to argue but I can't have high BP for a person I have never met nor care about and besides we have a lot of nairaland billionaires.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Tenshades(m): 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
OdefaGirl:

In as much as it's not very sensible to talk down where you from, most times it's out of anger and disappointment that they shove it to the faces of our greedy wicked leaders and those supporters who wishes to end their lives for these looters. It's kind of.... Look at what others are doing for their countries, like some mums would do their lazy/sluggish kids by comparing them to their mates even though it hurts but it reawakens them in a way.

You are right.

Though, some japa geng only make noise to intimidate people they left in Nigeria. They don't do it to show disappointment towards Nigerian politicians but to pepper their very own homies, acquaintances and foes.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by AFONJAPIG(m): 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
Coward after voting incompetence they will come online to beg people to please stay so they won't suffer alone ... Heat and mosquitoes kill you there

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by chinchum(m): 11:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
people selling houses and car to raise 15m to JAPA don't earn 80k .only visa application and deposit is over 3 year salary of 80k baller .So it self explanatory.
it doesn't matter. Some who raised that money could not secure a job and did not even have a job.

The black man needs to overcome crab mentality. Those leaving is not your immediate concern. I can tell you your issue is the 'i better pass my neighbor" syndrome. Many if not most who leave will succeed with the right mentality in a matter of years or even months. 15million naira is less than 20,000usd. It is a paltry sum for most who migrate to 1st world economies. If you are doing great in Nigeria too , be happy with yourself, focus on growth and expansion in your sphere.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ablejesus26(m): 11:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
damosade:
Ask your self the reason why the leaders do not believe in Nigeria. Why do they always travel out for anything?

They bastardized our Educational system,but go abroad celebrating the graduation of their own children.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by deji17: 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2022
chinchum:
it doesn't matter. Some who raised that money could not secure a job and did not even have a job.

The black man needs to overcome crab mentality. Those leaving is not your immediate concern. I can tell you your issue is the 'i better pass my neighbor" syndrome. Many if not most who leave will succeed with the right mentality in a matter of years or even months. 15million naira is less than 20,000usd. It is a paltry sum for most who migrate to 1st world economies. If you are doing great in Nigeria too , be happy with yourself, focus on growth and expansion in your sphere.
Some of the things you said makes sense. The only thing to add is that not everyone who complains about the noise and attitude of those who Japa are in Nigeria. Some are abroad themselves or have the means to japa. But find it annoying by the noise that some people who travels out made. Especially of putting down the country. Chinese, phillipines and Indians do migrate to other countries, but they don't project their frustrations on their country of origin like some Nigerians do.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by tctrills: 12:04am On Dec 30, 2022
kabukabu50:

You get brain no be small.

Chai.

See grammatical slaughter

See illiterate oh. Another Nairaland idiot.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ultimateprof: 12:05am On Dec 30, 2022
I want to ask you Mr. Writer, apart from writing a trash like this, which other wicked things do you do?
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by jesmond3945: 12:09am On Dec 30, 2022
Samunique:
. So so true !!!

That's what most people don't understand !

It's better I live like a king in my country than to become an errand boy in other people's country just bcs of social amenities ! undecided
what do you mean live like a king?
How can you live like a king in a country were there is no equality? Were the poor are just existing? Were religion and tribe and connection dictates how you progress?
Were you are your own govt, you secure your house, you pump your water, you generate your electricity, you build your house, you still pay tax to the govt and in the process get nothing.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by jesmond3945: 12:16am On Dec 30, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
now you are talking JAPA back and come participate in creating the Nigeria of our imagination. I be Anti JAPA for upper middle class doing well ! Pro JAPA for skill graduate and non graduate not earning high to certain Nations. Example a radiologist paid 80k must be encourage to JAPA a radiologist that owns a diagnostic centre that can make 200k daily .No way .
brother everything is not about money. Look at the lawyer that was shot dead by police, this thing will never and can never happen in uk. I can swear it can never happen or is it the female soldier that was stripped and was about to be beheaded or is it the people in idp camp. If these things happen in Uk make i go blind.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by babaoloola(m): 12:17am On Dec 30, 2022
What's the fear of these "big boys" who come here to discourage Nigerians from Japa sef?? I guess they are scared of losing skilled youths who they can use to maintain their lifestyles, businesses and empires!

What's happening in Nigeria now happened in India years ago. Communities and families will join hands to send their kids abroad. Today, Indians are everywhere: IT, Engr, Medicine, etc. They send unimagible funds back home according to their foreign secretary.

Even those who are doing well financially aren't safe in Naija. Many have had to pay 20m+ as ransome to rescue their loved ones. Its police that will even facilitate how to pay it secretly. You can't even change car anyhow, as clean nice cars are often targets for robbers on express.

Someone bragging about his drivers who make N400k monthly, and with all the hussle and risks o. 400k that long Vehicle drivers make abroad weekly after tax.

Not all Nigerians abroad are doing cleaning jobs! And it's not even a crime if its what you have to do before you find your feet. Oyinbos do cleaning jobs too. They will even go back to school to upskill, and be better cleaners. Theres dignity of labour.

Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians. Those abroad have the right to call out and criticise their leaders. Let's stop pretending that we are more patriotic than those abroad. You can be in Nigeria and be pest or completely uselex to the system.

1 Like

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by babaoloola(m): 12:29am On Dec 30, 2022
deji17:

Some of the things you said makes sense. The only thing to add is that not everyone who complains about the noise and attitude of those who Japa are in Nigeria. Some are abroad themselves or have the means to japa. But find it annoying by the noise that some people who travels out made. Especially of putting down the country. Chinese, phillipines and Indians do migrate to other countries, but they don't project their frustrations on their country of origin like some Nigerians do.

Your last sentence is fallacious.

Indians, Pakistanis, Philipinos, Bangladesh, etc all complain too! They talk about bad leaders and economy. Anyone who lived in UAE and friends with them can confirm this.

Why won't Nigerians abroad complain? Almost everyone who you call to greet is telling hurrible stories and living in fear. Should they be in love with a system that sent them out in the cold to be second class citizens??
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 30, 2022
the country has failed us there is nothing in this country but suffering i wan kill myself i am tired of poverty
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by deji17: 1:06am On Dec 30, 2022
babaoloola:

Your last sentence is fallacious.

Indians, Pakistanis, Philipinos, Bangladesh, etc all complain too! They talk about bad leaders and economy. Anyone who lived in UAE and friends with them can confirm this.

Why won't Nigerians abroad complain? Almost everyone who you call to greet is telling hurrible stories and living in fear. Should they be in love with a system that sent them out in the cold to be second class citizens??

I disagree. It's only Nigerians I see that denigrate their country the way we do. I have friends that cuts across the globe. But they don't heap all the frustration in their life on the Govt. . Something about us that will take only someone with a different mindset to see. Some will complain and exaggerate their situation, just to make you send them money. There are cities in the USA that their security stats will make you stay away from that place. Gun killings, gang shooting, police brutality etc is not uncommon there. Yet, you will not see Americans blacklisting their country.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ednut1(m): 1:08am On Dec 30, 2022
Octobertwentysix:

Ok, no need to argue but I can't have high BP for a person I have never met nor care about and besides we have a lot of nairaland billionaires.
go through his old posts on nairaland. He is probably an admin officer in a haulage company lol. 200k for truck driver indeed

3 Likes

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Bizstud: 3:33am On Dec 30, 2022
Samunique:

2. Government is bad !

Op: you made good point here.

Only few understands this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Shancca: 5:55am On Dec 30, 2022
damosade:
Ask your self the reason why the leaders do not believe in Nigeria. Why do they always travel out for anything?

It wasn't a question of belief but strategy to pillage and plunder the country. If they get Nigeria to function, who will pay obeisance to them? An average black man is arrogant with power and wants to oppress at any given chance. The British knows this already and created warrant Chiefs that worked effectively. Chinua Achebe also described this subtly in his Arrow of God novel, written in 1962.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by michlins(m): 6:28am On Dec 30, 2022
sonnie10:

Let’s play with maths from the figures you presented.

Just asking, you did a day job and was paid 4500 Belgium’s money. You then went to a tokumbo car stand and the price of a decent car was 90000.
What can be deduced from this story is that if you worked for only 20 days and saved the money, you could buy a decent car. Therefore, realistically if you saved half of your income for 40 days, you could afford a car.
My question now, which job would you have done back home to be able to afford a car after 40 days of work?

Let me even hype it a little. In a year, if sending cars home is what you were interested in, you could have sent 10 cars home every year!
leave people to talk nonsense
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by Octobertwentysix(f): 7:30am On Dec 30, 2022
ednut1:
go through his old posts on nairaland. He is probably an admin officer in a haulage company lol. 200k for truck driver indeed

Don't mind him, these are people that could not afford to travel or they were denied visa, how many of our politicians have their children here, japa this japa that, they will not allow them to suffer there in peace a least things are working there unlike the choas we have here.
Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ahiboilandgas: 8:01am On Dec 30, 2022
chinchum:

see you big mouth 20000 USD is a partly sum ! Am sure you never enter airport before! Even 10000 USD u have to declear ! 20000 usd that over 70 percent of American don't have and can be used as down payment for house. This mumu assumption that in month you are supposed to be the new dangote is what making Nigeria commit all sort of crimes abroad when reality set in .

Re: Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths by ahiboilandgas: 8:02am On Dec 30, 2022
Octobertwentysix:

Don't mind him, these are people that could not afford to travel or they were denied visa, how many of our politicians have their children here, japa this japa that, they will not allow them to suffer there in peace a least things are working there unlike the choas we have here.
this one that have travel are here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reopening: Passengers Must Arrive Airports Three Hours Before Flights - FAAN / Man's Car Somersaulted Multiple Times In Enugu (Photos) / Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.