Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. (18141 Views)

See How My Girlfriend Is Trolling Me Because Manchester United Lost (pictures) / I Came Back To Nairaland Only To See This (share your trolling experience) / Masturbation: I Learnt To Stop The Hard Way. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by eddie7: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
OPINION

Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop the Trolling, Take the Lessons .

May Ebute

Most couples don't get married with the intention to divorce. I doubt that a couple that is very serious about marriage gets into it with the mindset of getting divorced at the end of the day.

Except of course for those fairweather types that know right from the beginning that they are in only for the good times, everyone hopes for a "till death do us part" and an *I wanna grow old with you," type of marriage. They talk it, live it, dream it, walk it. Unfortunately, life does not always go the way we want.

I am not married yet but you think I am planning to go into marriage with a plan B? An "If e no work, I go comot" mentality? One of my deal breakers in marriage, the one I can see right now, is abuse. Physical, emotional and mental abuse. Anyone who knows me off facebook knows that I am ride or die but not when abuse is involved. You hit me, even on the night of our wedding, I am calling my mum to tell her I am leaving. Except she wants to find herself a new daughter, she knows better than to tell me to stay. I can't stay with a man who abuses me in any form. There is no telling what I would do if I stayed and got hit on constantly, physically or emotionally. There is no telling what I would do if l married a man who stands by and watches while his mum and siblings abuse me. Rather than be turned into the proverbial goat that was pushed to the wall and turned back to bite, I would rather take a walk. That way, we can all have peace.

Other than a case of abuse and two others I won't mention, I don't have any plans to divorce when I get married. If you asked me, I would tell you all the mushy mushy things a couple would say about their significant other when they are in love. I would tell you that I am going to be married forever and forever, in this world and the next, to my significant other. That's what couples say when the going is good. With their heads in the clouds, It's hard to envisage otherwise.Really hard.

Ordinary boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, how e dey be? Let alone marriage. If people can think forever with a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, it's not out of place to think forever and a day with a spouse.

I think it's rather stupid for anyone to be trolling Basketmouth and other celebrity couples with failed marriages, over the things they said when the going was.good. Been seeing some of the people on my list, going to their old posts, where they spoke highly of their spouse, to drop comments that reek of mockery. Ironically, the people doing this are unmarried themselves. They don't have an idea what their marriages would be like yet but there they are, making a fool of themselves over another's calamity.

Most married couples do not go into marriage with the mind to become divorced later on. If you are one of those that has been trolling Basketmouth over his recent news, let me tell you something for free. That's a rather silly thing to do. Why not use that energy to learn some lessons and pray to God that when you finally get married, your marriage won't be one of those that will be added to the statistics of failed marriages.

For example, I have since learnt that that a couple gushes over themselves all over social media, is not an indication that all is well behind the scenes. That a man praises his wife to the Heavens and back or the wife does the same, is not an indication of a healthy relationship. Sometimes, it is just to hide the true state of their marriage.

FFK's ex wife, the beauty queen, said something in her interview with Chude.

"Whenever he beat me, he would arrange for us to take lovey dovey pictures that would be splashed all over the internet the next day."

Paraphrased of course but you get the idea, yeah. For everytime FFK posted her pictures and wrote lengthy essays extolling her virtues, he had just finished beating her up. But guess what? I was one of those who would awwww and oooooh and ahhhhhh and "God when" over those lovely pictures. Who would have known that behind those pictures, were untold stories of abuse? I was shocked when the news of their troubled marriage hit the stands.

Same way I felt about Korra and Dean. I had always admired their marriage. I did date a white man at some point and wished that if we eventually got married, we would be like Korra and Dean ( not the naked, twerking part). How was I to know that the marriage I so much admired, had stories of emotional abuse and pain borne from years of hurt? For every time they made a lovey dovey video that got the rest of us awwing, there was a mess going on in the background that we couldn't see.

I am not ashamed to admit that the failure of Korra and Dean's marriage hit me really hard. I loved that couple. My favourite content on social media is one that is family oriented. I can burn data just to watch a happy family do their thing. Away from her dance which eventually became very monotonous to watch, Korra and Dean had that "IT" thing for me when it came to family related content. When they got separated and eventually divorced, I lost interest.

A lesson I have learnt is that successful marriages are not built on social media. The real work of marriage is done off social media. Of course by now, you should have known that you should not let the razzmatazz on this space fool you. So instead of trolling failed couples at your old age, do yourself a favour. Use that time to learn the things to do and not to do when you eventually get married.

Use the time to also pray for your marriage. Those of us that are still single, still have a chance to make the right choice. We do know that who we decide to marry is what determines whether the rest of our lives will be heaven or hell on earth. We have a choice to walk away from a shitty situation now, rather than take the risk to walk through that shit into a marriage that we want to later run out of. Knowing how manipulative our hearts can be, We can't do it by ourselves. We need all the help we can get from the one who created the institution of marriage in the first place.

#maysstories
#mayhive

May Ebute is a writer who is passionate about expressing her thoughts on contemporary societal issues. She is based in Jos, Plateau State.

#C O P I E D.....

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by wwwihy: 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
“When people divorce, it’s always such a tragedy. At the same time, if people stay together it can be even worse.”

God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by Fiscus105(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
Will people ever learn? We prefer to learn from experience rather that advice.

Intending couples always see the red flags, but put blind eyes on most important factors that can make marriage last, instead we focus on factors which will soon fade away after marriage.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by MacDani(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
We're were were we please
Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by Sermwell(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
People now get married for selfish reasons, and when it becomes clear that those reasons are dashed, they end the marriage.

12 Likes

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by Fididiguy(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hi

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/her-desire-will-be-for-her-husband

Read for better understanding of God's institution called marriage
Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by YoungLionken(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
The bitter and realistic truth is that, marriages will keep failing whether celeb or not. Will definitely become worse in nearest future..

Why? We've abandoned the ways of our forefathers..

There's always unnecessary calamity in every weak generation.
Our collective battle in this generation is majorly matrimony, but in the days of our forefathers, it was more about conquering kingdoms, innovative invention, etc. While seriously placing their women where they belong..

The major difference between PMB and GEJ as presidents is that, one has control over his woman, while the other don't..

Think about it...

14 Likes

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by NwaNimo1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2022

1 Like

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by Nairobi37a: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
Dear God, thank you so much for bringing us together as a couple. We know that you have a plan and a purpose for our marriage, and we invite you to forgive the past self-centeredness, and come into our lives and relationship. Direct our steps from now on. Please give us the grace to put You and each other first every day. Make our relationship a blessing to others. But most of all; make it a blessing to You. Amen.”
This would help

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by Brendaniel: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
It is well
Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by Lexusgs430: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
Unfortunately, when they get married..... They are too proud to pepper us ............

We wey den no invite to item 7...... Dey count calendar....... cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by FalseProphet1(m): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
Very sorry marriage would be a thing of the past in Nigeria.

This I have seen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by meobizy(f): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
This is what Nairaland lacked for years on end. Back in the day, articles of this sort made front page back-to-back. I did not read this one because I do not care for the subject matter, however after consuming something like this, one becomes wiser. The comment you drop makes a lot of sense logically.

It’s sad that Nairaland chose to do away with such brilliant write-ups in exchange for useless political news and IQ-killing social media falsehoods. Sha, the audience got younger and possessed reduced attention spans.

22 Likes

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by marlow1962(m): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
I’m too high, my eyes are cloudy, I can’t read all these.
Pls someone should summarize for me.

1 Like

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by pman096(m): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
Uh
Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by TheBTCinvestor: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
cool
Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by bonnyhope: 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
eddie7:
OPINION

May Ebute

Most couples don't get married with the intention to divorce. I doubt that a couple that is very serious about marriage gets into it with the mindset of getting divorced at the end of the day.

Except of course for those fairweather types that know right from the beginning that they are in only for the good times, everyone hopes for a "till death do us part" and an *I wanna grow old with you," type of marriage. They talk it, live it, dream it, walk it. Unfortunately, life does not always go the way we want.

I am not married yet but you think I am planning to go into marriage with a plan B? An "If e no work, I go comot" mentality? One of my deal breakers in marriage, the one I can see right now, is abuse. Physical, emotional and mental abuse. Anyone who knows me off facebook knows that I am ride or die but not when abuse is involved. You hit me, even on the night of our wedding, I am calling my mum to tell her I am leaving. Except she wants to find herself a new daughter, she knows better than to tell me to stay. I can't stay with a man who abuses me in any form. There is no telling what I would do if I stayed and got hit on constantly, physically or emotionally. There is no telling what I would do if l married a man who stands by and watches while his mum and siblings abuse me. Rather than be turned into the proverbial goat that was pushed to the wall and turned back to bite, I would rather take a walk. That way, we can all have peace.

Other than a case of abuse and two others I won't mention, I don't have any plans to divorce when I get married. If you asked me, I would tell you all the mushy mushy things a couple would say about their significant other when they are in love. I would tell you that I am going to be married forever and forever, in this world and the next, to my significant other. That's what couples say when the going is good. With their heads in the clouds, It's hard to envisage otherwise.Really hard.

Ordinary boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, how e dey be? Let alone marriage. If people can think forever with a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, it's not out of place to think forever and a day with a spouse.

I think it's rather stupid for anyone to be trolling Basketmouth and other celebrity couples with failed marriages, over the things they said when the going was.good. Been seeing some of the people on my list, going to their old posts, where they spoke highly of their spouse, to drop comments that reek of mockery. Ironically, the people doing this are unmarried themselves. They don't have an idea what their marriages would be like yet but there they are, making a fool of themselves over another's calamity.

Most married couples do not go into marriage with the mind to become divorced later on. If you are one of those that has been trolling Basketmouth over his recent news, let me tell you something for free. That's a rather silly thing to do. Why not use that energy to learn some lessons and pray to God that when you finally get married, your marriage won't be one of those that will be added to the statistics of failed marriages.

For example, I have since learnt that that a couple gushes over themselves all over social media, is not an indication that all is well behind the scenes. That a man praises his wife to the Heavens and back or the wife does the same, is not an indication of a healthy relationship. Sometimes, it is just to hide the true state of their marriage.

"Whenever he beat me, he would arrange for us to take lovey dovey pictures that would be splashed all over the internet the next day."

Paraphrased of course but you get the idea, yeah. For everytime FFK posted her pictures and wrote lengthy essays extolling her virtues, he had just finished beating her up. But guess what? I was one of those who would awwww and oooooh and ahhhhhh and "God when" over those lovely pictures. Who would have known that behind those pictures, were untold stories of abuse? I was shocked when the news of their troubled marriage hit the stands.

Same way I felt about Korra and Dean. I had always admired their marriage. I did date a white man at some point and wished that if we eventually got married, we would be like Korra and Dean ( not the naked, twerking part). How was I to know that the marriage I so much admired, had stories of emotional abuse and pain borne from years of hurt? For every time they made a lovey dovey video that got the rest of us awwing, there was a mess going on in the background that we couldn't see.

I am not ashamed to admit that the failure of Korra and Dean's marriage hit me really hard. I loved that couple. My favourite content on social media is one that is family oriented. I can burn data just to watch a happy family do their thing. Away from her dance which eventually became very monotonous to watch, Korra and Dean had that "IT" thing for me when it came to family related content. When they got separated and eventually divorced, I lost interest.

A lesson I have learnt is that successful marriages are not built on social media. The real work of marriage is done off social media. Of course by now, you should have known that you should not let the razzmatazz on this space fool you. So instead of trolling failed couples at your old age, do yourself a favour. Use that time to learn the things to do and not to do when you eventually get married.

Use the time to also pray for your marriage. Those of us that are still single, still have a chance to make the right choice. We do know that who we decide to marry is what determines whether the rest of our lives will be heaven or hell on earth. We have a choice to walk away from a shitty situation now, rather than take the risk to walk through that shit into a marriage that we want to later run out of. Knowing how manipulative our hearts can be, We can't do it by ourselves. We need all the help we can get from the one who created the institution of marriage in the first place.

#maysstories
#mayhive

May Ebute is a writer who is passionate about expressing her thoughts on contemporary societal issues. She is based in Jos, Plateau State.

#C O P I E D.....

Your English is bad
Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by omoredia: 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
When u see the need to be posting ur marriage on social media then u are not ready.

1 Like

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by HODcol: 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
Marriage is both spiritual and physical

Take both the spiritual and physical aspects of marriage is serious if you want to have a forever lasting and blissful marriage.
Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by Omniman(m): 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
whether social media or not? marriage that will crash will crash smiley

2 Likes

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by naijapikin2(m): 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
eddie7:
OPINION

May Ebute

#maysstories
#mayhive

#C O P I E D.....
you see why some marriages fail?... This your epistle is too long to read. Many people will read the first paragraph and get divorced after 2 years. Paraphrase na.

3 Likes

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by dfrost: 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hmm...

Una dey try on top celeb matter. All this epistle. O ma se ooo

2 Likes

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by Sukkyy2010: 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
The truth is may the marriage can it maybe we up the go for the better for them.
Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by JaneYave(f): 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
The earlier people focus on their lives, the better. It is none of my business whatever phase people are passing through, everything is possible in love. It can die and resurrect. Afterall, shaking to resettle is not entirely bad. In this my few years on earth, l know so well that love never dies. People tend to act strong but their hearts may be yearning.
Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by howenono: 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
shocked
Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by noble2faith(m): 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
angry

Wetin i concern me i concern celeb marriage abi na wetin i concern celeb marriage concern me?
Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by Angelfrost(m): 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2022
Well, the so called celebs might want to try a bit harder to keep their fvcking private lives private!

Life is not that hard na!

You can't troll what is not in the public space!

2 Likes

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by 1Sharon(f): 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2022
Never say never. That's the mistake basketmouth and his wife made.

For them to say nothing can ever make
them separate sounds a bit deluded.

1 Like

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by GardenOfGod(m): 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2022
Interesting piece

wwwihy:

God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu
Why not campaign with what Tinubu did to the US economy?
Pa Tinubu's narcotic business successfully added a whooping $460,000 to the US economy. A feat worthy of mention and should be added to his lists of achievements. Don't you people think so? grin grin grin

Re: Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons.. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
meobizy:
This is what Nairaland lacked for years on end. Back in the day, articles of this sort made front page back-to-back. I did not read this one because I do not care for the subject matter, however after consuming something like this, one becomes wiser. The comment you drop makes a lot of sense logically.

It’s sad that Nairaland chose to do away with such brilliant write-ups in exchange for useless political news and IQ-killing social media falsehoods. Sha, the audience got younger and possess reduced attention spans.

You're a bloke with a fine brain in his cranium.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Men Willing To Wait For Sex Till Marriage? / I Need Help . Look At What My Current And Ex Girlfriend Did / Lists of States With The Highest Number Of Cheap Babes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.