Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,378 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. (26430 Views)

Why Have The Anti Japa Guys Stopped Opening Threads??? / Accident Kills 4 Keke Riders In Abuja, People On The Run (Photos) / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2022
ednut1:
even with the hardship people dey born dey go. Shocking

You need to see how this Christmas dull. Before wey from November they dey start dey throw knockout na only on 25th and e no even bang sef. Nobody even share food nothing. Fuel scarcity come dey, light too no come dey lol. Even igbos no travel like that. 2 years back enter ladipo everywhere go dry. Went there like 3 days back and all the shops were filled to the brim. Very weird

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2022
Gerrard59:

The onus is on those who have created five topics focusing on the same topic. Why are they pissed that some people are migrating? Na today people begin dey migrate? As I write, British are moving to Australia, and Chinese, once the borders are opened, will move to Japan, Singapore, Canada, UK, Australia etc. Indians nko? They have surpassed the Chinese as the largest group of foreign students in the UK, and sent more students this year to the US than China. I don't think Nigeria even comes in the top ten migrant countries.

The antagonism should stop. Let people do what they believe is good for them. As I have written elsewhere, there are very few Nigerian elites living in Nigeria who did not study or work abroad.

What I am expecting would be the deluge of enquiries on japa in this section once Emi Lokan wins next year. grin

I took the MMIA 4 days ago and it was busy. People are moving both in and out. When I wanted to travel, I didn't come to Nairaland to find out if the US or Canada or Germany was good. I'll visit to find out or reach out to family and friends for info.
I'm not in support of protagonists or antagonists. I maintain my own lane on issues, and that's largely because of my professional training.

Most of the information online are erroneous or exaggerated.
For example I had over 10 friends who visited me in early December from diaspora and all they said is, with the info on social media, they can't believe PH is like this. As a party boy, I don't get home sometimes 2am or 3am and we had mad fun.

Those who want to travel should travel, nobody is stopping them and nobody can hide under the false pretense of the information on Nairaland is discouraging. Those who don't want to travel should remain.
When I traveled to the US, I didn't come to Nairaland for endorsement, when I returned to Nigeria I didn't seek online pools and now that I just traveled back to the US, I didn't ask for anyone's opinion.

There are 2 major paths to relocation. Employment or Family. Any serious person can easily find such information on the official websites of the various countries. For those taking alternate routes, I don't care but don't risk your life.

I give my narratives largely based on my guardian's 50+ years living in the US/Canada and my personal travel experiences worldwide.

People like @ednut1 just like dragging issues as if there's a prize winner instead of him to doing giveaway.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by Kenn55: 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
Most of the anti japa advocates do it just to feel good about themselves.

How would you interpret a situation where someone wrote ielts 5 times so that he can migrate to Canada but didn't pass it. He is now an anti japa advocate telling people how cold is killing people in Canada.

Did he realize cold is killing people in Canada after wasting money and time on ielts 5 times?

Unfortunately people listening to him don't know he has ever written ielts once not to talk of whooping 5 times cos he won't mention that to them.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
Kenn55:

How would you interpret a situation where someone wrote ielts 5 times so that he can migrate to Canada but didn't pass it. He is now an anti japa advocate telling people how cold is killing people in Canada.

Did he realize cold is killing people in Canada after wasting money and time on ielts 5 times?

Unfortunately people listening to him don't know he has ever written ielts once not to talk of whooping 5 times cos he won't mention that to them.

That's a normal thing with most humans. If your relationship fails, you criticize the other partner. If politicians lose elections, they criticize the process, when prices increase they blame it on the dollar even when the dollar is not responsible. When many people fail, they end up criticizing something. So why bother yourself about that? Everyone going to Canada already knows that Canada is cold.
Why not work out a path for yourself. If you end up winning the argument, I guess that will be automatic visa for you.

10 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by odinga1of: 9:21pm On Jan 02, 2023
Studymore123:

I took the MMIA 4 days ago and it was busy. People are moving both in and out. When I wanted to travel, I didn't come to Nairaland to find out if the US or Canada or Germany was good. I'll visit to find out or reach out to family and friends for info.
I'm not in support of protagonists or antagonists. I maintain my own lane on issues, and that's largely because of my professional training.

Most of the information online are erroneous or exaggerated.
For example I had over 10 friends who visited me in early December from diaspora and all they said is, with the info on social media, they can't believe PH is like this. As a party boy, I don't get home sometimes 2am or 3am and we had mad fun.

Those who want to travel should travel, nobody is stopping them and nobody can hide under the false pretense of the information on Nairaland is discouraging. Those who don't want to travel should remain.
When I traveled to the US, I didn't come to Nairaland for endorsement, when I returned to Nigeria I didn't seek online pools and now that I just traveled back to the US, I didn't ask for anyone's opinion.

There are 2 major paths to relocation. Employment or Family. Any serious person can easily find such information on the official websites of the various countries. For those taking alternate routes, I don't care but don't risk your life.

I give my narratives largely based on my guardian's 50+ years living in the US/Canada and my personal travel experiences worldwide.

People like @ednut1 just like dragging issues as if there's a prize winner instead of him to doing giveaway.

Oga Ednut1 is doing a great job on travel section. So u mean he should do giveaway?

The info he is dropping is topnotch.

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by Itsrm(m): 12:04am On Jan 15, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I just pity people wey don born o. Ah and we don't even have money that means the fuel queues next year will be longer. If fuel subsidy eventually goes the prices of items will be thrice what they are now and they aren't even cheap now. Na wa o.

Don't know why I find this distasteful

Are they complaining to you or asking you for money to raise the children?

15 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by IyaTola: 12:09am On Jan 15, 2023
Realteeyee123:
This might sound funny but all the while in Nigeria I underestimated Aboniki balm but Canada made me know the value of Aboniki. @ednut 1 , do you use Aboniki
The cold na die
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by IyaTola: 12:12am On Jan 15, 2023
Kenn55:

shocked Chai! And he dey follow drag teaching job for job section that year. His now doing sky diving with his free time in Canada.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by IyaTola: 12:17am On Jan 15, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
eyya so you
Wish .vacation on steady eyya
Is this you? You look malnourished even af the whole oil business you have.

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by olisaEze(m): 12:18am On Jan 15, 2023
If you don’t want to spend your youth on mindless arguments for pilfering politicians, travel to a place where your youth will be appreciated and your most minimal efforts rewarded. Before you’ll wake up one morning and realize that your youthful years have been wasted defending old men that don’t care if you have a future or not! People are being kidnapped and killed like there’s a civil war goin on! The economy is all but comatose, the educational sector has been bent all out of shape... but 'the man' says he has done his best for you! And you’re na waiting for his best to kick in like it has a bad kickstarter... comon wii you japa and better your life!! If not for anything, your children will forever be grateful to you for it!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by sukkot: 12:19am On Jan 15, 2023
ibkayee:

Poverty capital of the world, insecurity, food prices skyrocketing, professionals leaving in droves, Naira collapse, inflation, economy in shambles. Doubt it
is not that bad na. shocked

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by ibkayee(f): 12:21am On Jan 15, 2023
sukkot:
is not that bad na. shocked
Na so

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by sukkot: 12:26am On Jan 15, 2023
ibkayee:

Na so
hehe but truly its not that bad. you just have to package yourself well. work smart not hard. pick up a new age online skill so you can earn dollars while living in naija. is a easy sumtin na grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by ibkayee(f): 12:28am On Jan 15, 2023
sukkot:
hehe but truly its not that bad. you just have to package yourself well. work smart not hard. pick up a new age online skill so you can earn dollars while living in naija. is a easy sumtin na grin
Why won’t it be an easy sumtin for privileged people like you who have the resources to japa from one country to another as they please. I’m sure you hold a non Nigerian passport too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by sukkot: 12:32am On Jan 15, 2023
ibkayee:

Why won’t it be an easy sumtin for privileged people like you have the resources to japa from one country to another as they please. I’m sure you hold a non Nigerian passport too
ahn ahn ibkayee, this something is not that complicated oooo all these people have iphones. if you cant learn a skill just do youtube videos and earn dollars from ads and if you are shy in front of camera just do blog and activate adsense. shikena. is a easy sumtin ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by ibkayee(f): 12:35am On Jan 15, 2023
sukkot:
ahn ahn ibkayee, this something is not that complicated oooo all these people have iphones. if you cant learn a skill just do youtube videos and earn dollars from ads and if you are shy in front of camera just do and activate adsense. shikena. is a easy sumtin ooo
Go and tell that to the millions of people living below the poverty line, or you think they’re there for fun?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by sukkot: 12:39am On Jan 15, 2023
ibkayee:

Go and tell that to the millions of people living below the poverty line, or you think they’re there for fun?
it is ignorance making people live below the poverty line. the same ignorance that pushes a poor man to marry and have children. like bro you are poor why are you having children ? whats the thinking process here ?

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by NoToPile: 12:44am On Jan 15, 2023
You guys should all rest joor, what nau

Both pro-japa and anti-japa team REST.

People that will migrate will migrate and people that will never permanently relocate wont.

Nawa. What's all the nonsense sef.

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by ibkayee(f): 12:45am On Jan 15, 2023
sukkot:
it is ignorance making people live below the poverty line. the same ignorance that pushes a poor man to marry and have children. like bro you are poor why are you having children ? whats the thinking process here ?
There are a myriad of factors all interconnected causing poverty. Yes ignorance is definitely one of them but I see it more of a symptom of it rather than the larger cause

6 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by grandstar(m): 12:47am On Jan 15, 2023
Saverin:
Nigerians still don't get it. Our debt servicing to revenue ratio is projected at 123%. What this means is for every 100N FG makes, 100N goes into debt servicing (not repaying debt oh) and additional N23 is borrowed to meet debt obligations.

Nigeria has not built any foundation to recover from an economic doom/meltdown. The nation is at brink right now. Leave quietly or leave as a refugee (if Jagaban wins for sure)

The problem isn't as bad as it looks

The real problem is Buhari continous presence. Once he is out of the way, tough economic medicine would be applied to bring back fiscal sanity.

Once the governments makes the exchange rate market determined and ends petrol subsidies and deregulates the price, the problem is half solved.

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by sukkot: 12:48am On Jan 15, 2023
ibkayee:

There are a myriad of factors all interconnected causing poverty. Yes ignorance is definitely one of them but I see it more of a symptom of it rather than the larger cause
well its all bad karma. at the end of the day. like the good book said the poor will always be amongst us . we cant do nothing about it. 'sigh'

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by Tingotoe: 12:49am On Jan 15, 2023
You run away to a foreign land and get treated as sh*it. That's the experience of most of the Japa crew

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by ibkayee(f): 12:50am On Jan 15, 2023
sukkot:
well its all bad karma. at the end of the day. like the good book said the poor will always be amongst us . we cant do nothing about it. 'sigh'
‘Bad karma’ but the immoral rich elites and their generations dey flourish

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by sukkot: 12:55am On Jan 15, 2023
ibkayee:

‘Bad karma’ but the immoral rich elites and their generations dey flourish
ahhh see that man who has dedicated this lifetime to be a tibetan monk and has killed all physical needs and desires but works on his spirituality and has acquired no karma ? that man reincarnates as a rich elite like dangote or elon musk or bill gates. you think they are rich elites flourishing but you dont know the sacrifice he made in previous life to get to be an elite in this life wink

no be every matter dem dey take mouth talk oooo. spiritual intelligence
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by ibkayee(f): 1:01am On Jan 15, 2023
sukkot:
ahhh see that man who has dedicated this lifetime to be a tibetan monk and has killed all physical needs and desires but works on his spirituality and has acquired no karma ? that man reincarnates as a rich elite like dangote or elon musk or bill gates. you think they are rich elites flourishing but you dont know the sacrifice he made in previous life to get to be an elite in this life wink

no be every matter dem dey take mouth talk oooo. spiritual intelligence
I don’t even believe in ‘karma’ to be honest. Well, I don’t necessarily deny it exists either. It isn’t something I’ll ever categorically know so I don’t bother speculating, I’m basically quasi agnostic grin

Anywho, putting their condition down to ‘bad karma’ is a very lazy and privileged way of explaining things away in my opinion

7 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by sukkot: 1:06am On Jan 15, 2023
ibkayee:

I don’t even believe in ‘karma’ to be honest. Well, I don’t necessarily deny it exists either. It isn’t something I’ll ever categorically know so I don’t bother speculating, I’m basically quasi agnostic grin

Anywho, putting their condition down to ‘bad karma’ is a very lazy and privileged way of explaining things away in my opinion
oh karma is universal law. we dont just live in a universal jungle with no laws. there are laws governing this realm and karmic law is one of em. quasi agnostic ? shocked what is that ? oh and bad karma is real. wink

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by ibkayee(f): 1:15am On Jan 15, 2023
sukkot:
oh karma is universal law. we dont just live in a universal jungle with no laws. there are laws governing this realm and karmic law is one of em. quasi agnostic ? shocked what is that ? oh and bad karma is real. wink
Ok ooo Mufasa

Lol it means I hold agnostic views about a lot of things to do with spirituality and the meta physical but I still somehow believe in a greater power. I’m basically all over the place

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by Nobody: 1:38am On Jan 15, 2023
Why is this on the front page?

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. by MT: 1:41am On Jan 15, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
be calming down we dey holiday! My advice is based on what am seening here. Japarian can't even enjoy they are always working 2 to 3 jobs.

Marble Arch!. I sight you. You have stated the obvious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? / See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos / Taxify Introduces Comfort Ride In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.