Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? (29647 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads / 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:26pm On Feb 10, 2023
Zane2point4:

Govt shld as a matter of fact install speed police and speed cameras there,even lagos ibandan express,thats what working countrys do! Its another means to generate income

See go your work in country. Leave our Nigeria for us make we dey speed dey go.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Fremantle: 11:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Guy I go bite you o. I never reach 200kph yet for dat road so drive your Jeje make I kwantinu to dey pursue dose taxis.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Pls if you must chase anybody, no chase those cab guys, their driving and speed no be here.

My silent prayer for you be say.... that 200kph you no go need cause to reach am. Amen cheesy
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
Fremantle:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Pls if you must chase anybody, no chase those cab guys, their driving and speed no be here.

My silent prayer for you be say.... that 200kph you no go need cause to reach am. Amen cheesy

grin Amen

No tell anybody o. Body no dey let me reach 190. I still dey beg God say abeg na, make I just see as 200kph, grin
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Generalmbc(m): 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2023
*SPEED IS DANGEROUS AND KILL*

I have many stories on the issues if speeding but I will share my most recent the January on my 2004 c230 kompressor. Compared to my former ride a 2004 EOD, th3 benz is a on a league of its own. You comfortably do 140-160kph without even realizing it on a good road. My recent was from Bauchi to yola, Adamawa state same day I arrived Bauchi from abuja at about 3pm. For those who knows th road, the journey should cover at least 5-6 hours on a commercial vehicle. So I left Bauchi ( Winti market) around almost 4:30 and I wanted to beat the bad road before darkness so I was doing my steady 120-140 kph and it was amazing and sweet how I was passing cars am sure left bauchi for Gombe/adamawa before me. I could see the tiredness in the eyes of the passangers as I slow down to maneuver potholes or speed off to overtake and I was feeling myself in my newly acquired old benz πŸ˜‚ and any car/ vehicle I passed OTI LO be that. It was getting boring not until before LAWANTI I meet a BMW (325i I think) and the spirit came unto us both. The guy was so keen on not allowing me pass him. From my speedometer I could see that I am already over 170kph and the way the guy was just swerving on the road dodging potholes anyhow, I just gave myself sense and allowed him to lead while I follow causiously still maintaining our speed of 140-175kmph at intervals till we got to welcome to gombe. That road has a spirit of its own my people. A sweet smooth 4 lane dual carriage road that spans over 5km if not more than that. For some reason the BMW just piped down and we both honed at each other for a farewell. From bauchi to gombe is 2hrs 40min drive but I was in Bauchi (rainbow roundabout) at 6:18pm that's approx 1hr 40mins. Unfortunately, my radiator got faulty amd my car overheated between adamawa and Gombe and I couldn't get to my destination same day. Overall, it was a sweet risky experience

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by theadeola(m): 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
143km/hr Ibadan to osogbo with a Honda Accord 2008 LXP.

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by RoadMozart(m): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
theadeola:
143km/hr Ibadan to osogbo with a Honda Accord 2008 LXP.
Was it i4 or v6
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by theadeola(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2023
RoadMozart:

Was it i4 or v6

i4. Did 30.8mpg too😁

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by chido20(m): 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2023
Did almost 160km/HR on 2006 Toyota Corolla. Omo the whole car begin the shake and I was racing with one small peugeot on Enugu/pH express. Omo I no believe that Peugeot give me better gap upon the 160 wey I dy

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by RoadMozart(m): 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
chido20:
Did almost 160km/HR on 2006 Toyota Corolla. Omo the whole car begin the shake and I was racing with one small peugeot on Enugu/pH express. Omo I no believe that Peugeot give me better gap upon the 160 wey I dy
You raced with a lion using a kite.....

Wow..... Just wow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by chido20(m): 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2023
RoadMozart:

You raced with a lion using a kite.....

Wow..... Just wow
Omo some cars are built differently. Corolla no follow for car

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.