Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? (29530 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads / 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 00FFT00(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2023
320 Km/h

ICE
TGV

790 - 850 hm/h

Lufthansa
Airfrance
KLM
Swiss
Ryan Air
Sun Express
BA
Emirates
Qatar airways
American Airlines
Delta
Ethiopia
China Eastern

Too many to remember

250 km/h (Electronic limited)

2020 BMW 535D Grand Tourismo
2017 Audi A8 4.2 TDI Quattro
2012 Mercedes Benz S500 W221
2009 Audi S6 S-line

Na only Benin bodyless travel I still dey plan how to do cheesy grin

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by brain54(m): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
Used to do 160/170km…

But presently will not exceed 120km max.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by SeaTrade(m): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
EgunMogaji2:
This is an immature post that encourages speed contest on public roads. Not sure why Seun and his mods allows this illegal act to be advertised on here.
It's not illegal as we don't have speed limits on our highways.
Autobahn for Germany ,you get overtaken at 300kph by a mom in a station wagon taking her kids for soccer practice at rush hour.
Everywhere no go be USA.
Relax.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by purplekayc(m): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
220km/hr
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Smilgler(m): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
Lol � , dis 1 pass osogbo weed oh , is like na combination of ibadan ,Ekiti ,ondo nd osogbo weed him take together
Typicool8:

Surely na osogbo weed u dey smoke grin
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Ubanz: 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
From Abuja to Bauchi - Damaturu Road 2010, when Nigeria was good & safer,Drove straight 170km/hr for over 30minutes in my new Benz C class. Road is wide and parallel as far as the eyes can see,no curve,with mirage at every gaze.
From afar you will see cows look like herds of goat, until you get close u won't know they are cows.
Beautiful Road in the Sahel.No police or army checkpoints just beautiful sceneries.
Haven't passed that route since Boko Haram.

17 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by showietee: 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
decatalyst:

With what car?

Please do not mention Toyota. Otherwise I will say you don't love your loved ones.

Lol.... I have done so with Toyota matrix, 2013 camry, and honda civic. still did 140 km/hr this morning.

Truly, after getting to 150, the Toyota's becomes too light that I will have to reduce drastically most times but it is not so with other cars I have drove.... Toyota vehicles are light and are not suitable for such stunts

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by rexesq(m): 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
If I write now una go think say na joke.

Driving alone, 140km/hr

With someone, 120km/hr

Abroad, 220km/hr

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
I travelled from Benin to Owerri during my professional program. Benin road to Asaba town, I did 195km using an Audi A6 with double exhaust.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Funflipper: 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
EgunMogaji2:
This is an immature post that encourages speed contest on public roads. Not sure why Seun and his mods allows this illegal act to be advertised on here.

Not exactly bro. It gives us an opportunity to recall how close to death we came due to our ignorance and recklessness which can be attributed to our youthful exuberance.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Chetas81(m): 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2023
decatalyst:

With what car?

Please do not mention Toyota. Otherwise I will say you don't love your loved ones.
I SPEED I70 KLM WITH TOYOTA CORROLA 2013 MODEL ON THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE I ALSO SPEED 160 KLM WITH TOYOTA HIGHLANDER 2010 MODEL ON LAGOS IBADAN EXPRESSWAY

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Heffalump(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
ibkayee:

Risky
Did you at least make the interview?

He lost the job because of some stupid fvck!

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by madapcmod: 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
acewines:

I tell you bro

When you are married, you will always look back, your wife and kids comes first

The day I was on 120KM/hr and my ABS failed on sharp bend, only to see myself inside bush with leg fully depressed on brake, swerving through elephant grasses, was the day I vowed not to cross 100KM/hr. If I had followed the sharp bend at that speed na tumbling

Once I'm on wheel, what's at the back of my mind is my family, tyre burst or brake failure. These cautions my instinct to slow down, even if a driver tempt my with road rage, I just ignore.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by tete7000(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
buygala:

Yes I did

Did you get the job?
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Aboguede(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
I did 140 with 1997 Nissan premiere because I wanted to speed pass a jeep in front of me.

I take my eyes see heaven flash for my face in split seconds shocked

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by showietee: 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
Ubanz:
From Abuja to Bauchi - Damaturu Road 2010, when Nigeria was good & safer,Drove straight 170km/hr for over 30minutes in my new Benz C class. Road is wide and parallel as far as the eyes can see,no curve,with mirage at every gaze.
From afar you will see cows look like herds of goat, until you get close u won't know they are cows.
Beautiful Road in the Sahel.No police or army checkpoints just beautiful sceneries.
Haven't passed that route since Boko Haram.

Those axis are still cool, from bauchi to darazo, you can still run 240 km/hr... Even from Kano to jigawa, down to yobe....

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Amalekki: 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
My advice before you perform all these high speed stunts:

- Pay a visit to the best three hospitals around you.
- Talk to the doctors and medical personnel on the current state of healthcare in the country.
- Find out how survivors are cared for in our system.

Happy 2023 and many more.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by SeaTrade(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
Chetas81:
I SPEED I70 KLM WITH TOYOTA CORROLA 2013 MODEL ON THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE I ALSO SPEED 160 KLM WITH TOYOTA HIGHLANDER 2010 MODEL ON LAGOS IBADAN EXPRESSWAY
Dangerous.
Rollover tendencies.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by TechtraGadgets: 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2023
Lagos - Ibadan expressway. 104m/h (167km/h)
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Meandmycrew(f): 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2023
300km/hr Mercedes benz i felt fulfilled will do more if I have the chance to.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Gofwane(m): 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2023
Highest I've done is 130 km/h. I no wan die nonesenss death.
Nigerian roads no good sef.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by meobizy(f): 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2023
It’s a lack of knowledge which is the cause. If they went to driving school, they’d operate better.

The last I remember was a friend hitting 250kmph as a young adult. I didn’t care. Any accident meant both of us dying together. We go settle quarrel for afterlife. I had another who drove like life was a Need For Speed video game. How he never killed himself at 280kmph is a question only God can answer. Other than those, no. 120kmph on the regular.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by DavSagacity(m): 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2023
I've driven @ a speed of 160km/Hr. A new Toyota Sienna 2005 model at Lagos Ibadan Express Road.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Talawaka: 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2023
HeartlessMan:

Oga dis your zobo is too chilled.

An average F1 car does 300km/h and they are equipped to not take off. How did your rickety VW remain on the ground @ 300km/h comrade?

He did lose a couple of tyres.

Initial development of the Phaeton, given the internal project code VW611, began with Piëch giving his engineers a list of ten parameters the car needed to fulfill. Most of these specifications were not made known to the public, but a number of them were told to automotive reporters.

One of them was that the Phaeton should be capable of being driven all day at 300 km/h (186 mph) with an exterior temperature of 50 °C (122 °F) whilst maintaining the interior temperature at 22 °C (72 °F).[9] Piëch requested this even though the Phaeton's top speed was electronically limited to 250 km/h (155.3 mph).[6] Another requirement was that the car should have a torsional rigidity of 37,000 N·m/degree.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Phaeton
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Daneguakhi(m): 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2023
Kia Cerato 2014
180km/hr
Sagamu Ore
\2022

i won't try it again, Overspeeding is just an adrenaline Rush that can hurry you to the grave. Its not worth it.

Once you're overspeeding, just know your life is walking on a tightrope. i dont think ppl should be doing past 120.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by gratiaeo(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2023
Chaos14:
Lagos-ibadan express 180KM/h
Hmmm! Which section of Lagos Ibadan Express way? Because I know it's not possible from Berger to Ijabu ode though to traffic and bad road
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by ModCaller: 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2023
Typicool8:

Surely na osogbo weed u dey smoke grin

Na Airpeace aeroplane he dey talk about
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Zealoy(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2023
Audi TT Quattro
Speed 140km
Agbo - Asaba express way
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Timagex(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2023
jonaifame22:
pls what do you mean by contract driving

I means you work as corporate driver for private persons or organizations. You dress corporate and all. (Behind stuffs). Also, you don't work 24/7 like the normal drivers and you don't do all those menial jobs the normal drivers do. There is going to be an agreement on whether its city driving or inter state as the case may be.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:40pm On Jan 02, 2023
acewines:

Where's the thread pls..

I could not find it o. This is the one I saw. https://www.nairaland.com/999283/fastest-speed-ever-driven-car#11553427

In that other one people posted pics of the speed needles. It was amazing
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Jessyjeff: 1:40pm On Jan 02, 2023
00FFT00:
320 Km/h

ICE
TGV

790 - 850 hm/h

Lufthansa
Airfrance
KLM
Swiss
Ryan Air
Sun Express
BA
Emirates
Qatar airways
American Airlines
Delta
Ethiopia
China Eastern

Too many to remember

250 km/h (Electronic limited)

2020 BMW 535D Grand Tourismo
2017 Audi A8 4.2 TDI Quattro
2012 Mercedes Benz S500 W221
2009 Audi S6 S-line

Na only Benin travel I still dey plan how to do cheesy grin
Your post remind me of my journey from Paris to Stuttgart some years ago. The TGV did some dope 400kmph sometimes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

All 2019 Bentley Models Will Come With Centenary Badges To Mark Its 100 Years / Photos From A Ghastly Accident Between A Fuel Tanker And Trailer On Ikorodu Road / See The Last Remaining BMW 1600 GT Convertible On Earth - Photos