Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,769 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army (31105 Views)

Re: ‘’abducted Officer Not Yet Rescued; Search Effort Ongoing – Nigerian Army’’ / Lieutenant A. Falana, Kidnapped Soldier Escapes In Kaduna / 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by Naijalarry: 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
Earlier thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7501445/unknown-gunmen-kidnaps-female-soldier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-NY0S6U4vw

PP Johnson, the female Nigerian soldier abducted by unknown gunmen has not been released, Inform Nigeria reports.

This was disclosed by the Director of Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu on Friday.

He said that “the video footage being circulated and associated with the rescue claim is an old video of the arrest of a suspect earlier effected by troops”.

Johnson was abducted by the unknown gunmen on December 26, 2022 while visiting her grandmother in Aku-Okigwe in Imo state, shortly after completing her cadet training and subsequent commissioning as a Lieutenant into the Nigerian Army.

“It is instructive that the officer’s circumstance as a woman and a Nigerian citizen of South Eastern extraction did not dissuade her abductors from dehumanizing her in their mindless attempt to commit atrocities under the guise of fighting for Biafra,” Nwachukwu said.

The army spokesperson said that the abduction of the female soldier “is another pointer to the myriads of crimes being unleashed by IPOB/ ESN on Ndigbo, the very people they claim to be fighting for their emancipation”.

He added: “It should therefore be crystal clear to those who are still in doubt of the true status of these groups, that IPOB/ESN are terrorists, masquerading as freedom fighters and do not deserve the support of anyone particularly the good people of South East Nigeria.

“The NA wishes to state that the information making the rounds is unsubstantiated as the officer is yet to be released or rescued from her abductors.

“Likewise, the video footage being circulated and associated with the rescue claim is an old video of the arrest of a suspect earlier effected by troops.

“Much as we appreciate the concern and goodwill of the general public for her safe rescue, we also wish to note that the information on the rescue of the officer did not emanate from the NA.”

Nwachukwu said that the “Nigerian Army will leave no stone unturned in its effort to rescue the officer and bring the perpetrators to book”.

The army spokesperson appealed to the general public to provide credible and reliable information that could lead to her safe rescue and arrest of the unknown gunmen that abducted her.

In the video clip obtained by Inform Nigeria, Johnson captors threatened to behead her and use her for sacrifice as a lesson to her fellow soldiers.

Source- https://inform.ng/general/pp-johnson-not-yet-released/

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by Jakumo(m): 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
The picture of this military officer stripped of her clothing this way should never have been published. The trauma that her family is facing is only made worse by having to run across photographs of their daughter being horribly dehumanized in this way.

I ask respectfully of the OP who brought this distressing update to consider replacing the harrowing image shown above, with a picture of the military officer wearing her uniform in proud service of her nation.

If the captive soldier has not been released yet, there is cause for grave concern. The men caught by troops and hobbled with shots to the legs a few hours ago were described as the kidnappers of the female soldier, but then this new report that the captive has NOT actually been released or rescued, would if true cast doubt on the allegation of culpability being made against the men that were arrested and injured near the crime scene.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by Hendrixky: 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
No

Someone sister o

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by NaijaCover(m): 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
Nawa o

God Almighty Help Us Out In This Country.

Is Following The Thread
Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by GloriousGbola: 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
Bleep-ing bloggers

8 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
May Almighty God rescue her ijn

16 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by baretalk: 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
Death to all Ipob terrorists and their sympathizers. Bomb them with their evil families and tribesmen hiding them, they are killers, kill them all.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by martyneeky: 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
F
Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by hisexcellency34: 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
Nigeria failed the young woman. Buhari gas not even said a word about her

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by opalu: 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
Imagine
Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by ArcFresky(m): 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
Igbo people fighting Nigerians by beating themselves.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by AchichaMmuo: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
Bruh...what a mess. I was surprised when I read she has been rescued, I was like, that was surprisingly fast. I hope she'll be finally rescued.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by DesChyko: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
I wish her a safe and swift rescue from the damning situation.

On the other hand, Nairaland sorry for you. Lack of due diligence (or just a morbid love for controversy) allowed people run riot over the fake thread earlier.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by Esemchi: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
I hope she's found safe and sound

5 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by kozmokaz(m): 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
May she be found alive

6 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by SlurUsername1: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
These are the same sets of barbarians that want to rule Nigeria, so that they can have the opportunity to expand the killing spree to other parts of the South with the Commander in Chief treating them with kids gloves. Let us see how obi will become president!
Ndiara grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by JoshTim: 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
Igbos and their sympathisers deserve death by electrocution.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by Dialpad: 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
I pray she is released ... no one deserves such

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by Kewtt: 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
undecided Peter Obi should talk to his boys... Nothing must happen to PP Johnson

10 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by Vopima6s: 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
too bad
Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by zedegit: 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
Really? I doubt that. This may be an opportunity to turn that place upside down just to distabilize 2023 election.

Nigeria which way?

5 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by Mercury12(m): 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
IPOB known terrorist undecided
Animals in human form is what they are and deserve no second chance when caught. . .
The blood of all those whom are killed by IPOB will be on the mindless killer touts, sponsors and many of their supporters.
Evil should be condemn. Not supported by anyone undecided

8 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by sleek214(m): 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
Sad
Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by DevilSignature: 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2022
angry
Why have she not rescue yet, because she is an easterner? The perpetrators have been arrested, what stop them from rescuing the young girl before something more harmful happen to her.
They deliberately delay cos of her name and origin
Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by IGoComotYaTeeth: 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tinubu is responsible

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by Pathfinder2090: 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
V

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by PROPEACE: 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
I will not be surprised if they are lying. Why did it take them long to deny it?

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by Mophor: 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
Issorite!!!
Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by Chirowman(m): 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2022
They should act fast before those heartless humans behead her .

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by Chummynoni(m): 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2022
hisexcellency34:
Nigeria failed the young woman. Buhari gas not even said a word about her
buhari Is not current with the happenings in the country, he would get to know after about a month

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by JoeNL22(m): 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2022
Obi....please provide assistance to help her.
She needs you now, more than ever!

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Soldier PP Johnson Not Yet Rescued – Nigerian Army by AllDModsAreMaad: 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2022
I doubted it when I read it here but then I have to reserve my comment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Chief Park Ranger Of Taraba National Park (Graphic Pics) / Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo / Zimbabwean Man Caught Impersonating During Exam For His Girlfriend (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.