Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,132 members, 7,821,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] (43390 Views)

Ronaldo Becomes First Juventus Player To Score In Nine Straight League Games / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Joker In Halloween Costume (Photos) / Mesut Ozil Is The 8th Fastest Arsenal Player (See Top 10) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by joshuaidibia(m): 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
ThierryJay:

Gosh, all these low IQ Pendulums are a real task.

Is it money we came to watch on the pitch? If banters were centered on money, then the Leicester city multi-billionaire rookie player who's the son of the Sultan of Brunei would be the hottest cake in football.

And who says a footballer cant have it all? Both money and relevance of playing in a top club which the GOAT Messi has?

Pls understand contexts before spewing rubbish.

If he's finished as your peanut Brian believes, then why you keep stressing over him? Man lives rent free on your peanut brain. Your talk is just senseless because the rookie player you mentioned did not even achieve 1% of what my goat accomplished at the age of 25. You're even dumb to give that as an example. Keep crying and watch his goals tally up to 1000. Mofo

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by KingDash: 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
Oh ok.. but Messi has a World Cup
kessdivine4all:

Football is easier today, referees protect players more , there is better contract and medical support and facilities
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by Timekeeper452: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
judetov2:
Lol... He likes attention too much. Nigga always wanna be on the pages of newspapers... "Ronaldo is the highest this , he is the highest that" ...is that all u want?
he has gone to where that attention will die.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by ThierryJay: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
malakaimoscondo:
aside Messi how many player won five Ballon dor.... De guy try not only him play during Messi time.... Beside is old now and still gonna be raking in that kind of pay.. Abeg he made the wise decision... Even though Messi surpass him on the pitch he has tried his best

Actually I agree that he made a very sensible decision. But my trolling is because of how he himself and his fans have previously ridiculed this scenario. Dont you think it's worth calling them out after going back to eat their vomit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by judedwriter(m): 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2022
Akacollins7:
Football

Very lucrative grin

Ronaldo is wise, he knows his time is up. He wants to finish a billionaire.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by Lamasta(m): 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2022
Jack500:

Liar!

What are the name of the European club ? angry
No be only offer na Offa poly

You dey your house dey ask which European club dey look for Ronaldo, English press has really done more damage than good with their junk journalism....
They couldn't deny this one because Ronaldo accept it

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by Timekeeper452: 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2022
Sopeotiloor:
Am not sure he will be totally happy with this, at some level money ain't everything

"At some level"
he didn’t go there for the money. Ronaldo is already richer than generations. He went there cos no forward thinking team wants to sign a depreciating 38 year old that isn’t willing to accept he is aging and depreciating. Ready to take a reasonable wage and be a rotational player.

The moment Messi won the World Cup, Ronaldo accepted that no matter whatever he did, nothing would beat that, so why not move to Arab where he can just get more goals and be paid stupidly for it. Also no tax.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by udeh3(m): 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2022
KingDash:
Lwkmd.. all this Ronaldo people sef, but him no get World Cup baba

Records and stats makes you the greatest player...

Except, you're disputing facts and figures

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by blueAgent(m): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2022
joshuaidibia:

He will surely return to Sporting CP after the Saudi contract. Man will be way more richer than he is now, then he'll retire at Sporting in a UCL team. Many will insult and laugh at him, but he's smart and will do what a wise man would do in these trying times in his career.

Crap.

Dey console yourself grin

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by blueAgent(m): 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2022
Temptee101:

He had no choice, that was the only offer that came.

The Penaldo we all know would have preferred to play in any of the top flight clubs for one-quarter of that amount.

When you get to a certain level in your career, money doesn't matter that much but legacy and prestige

So true.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by blueAgent(m): 12:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
ThierryJay:

Gosh, all these low IQ Pendulums are a real task.

Is it money we came to watch on the pitch? If banters were centered on money, then the Leicester city multi-billionaire rookie player who's the son of the Sultan of Brunei would be the hottest cake in football.

And who says a footballer cant have it all? Both money and relevance of playing in a top club which the GOAT Messi has?

Pls understand contexts before spewing rubbish.

So true.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by kessdivine4all: 12:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
KingDash:
Oh ok.. but Messi has a World Cup
No problem, at least he won't be highest record holder for that. Some insignificant players have world cups too. But no one has ever been paid 214 million a year in Messi's lineage and country

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by ThierryJay: 12:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
joshuaidibia:

If he's finished as your peanut Brian believes, then why you keep stressing over him? Man lives rent free on your peanut brain. Your talk is just senseless because the rookie player you mentioned did not even achieve 1% of what my goat accomplished at the age of 25. You're even dumb to give that as an example. Keep crying and watch his goals tally up to 1000. Mofo

Ur Lizard is beneath GOAT Messi's feet grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by udemzyudex(m): 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2022
sotall:
undecided

He has been rejected by European clubs and so has no choice than to go to Saudi and score tap-ins and penalties.

Messi is the GOAT

Rejected or they can't pay his money.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by davidtemi(m): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
judetov2:
Lol... He likes attention too much. Nigga always wanna be on the pages of newspapers... "Ronaldo is the highest this , he is the highest that" ...is that all u want?
What else would u pray for in ur endeavor mr?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by blueAgent(m): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
Timekeeper452:
he didn’t go there for the money. Ronaldo is already richer than generations. He went there cos no forward thinking team wants to sign a depreciating 38 year old that isn’t willing to accept he is aging and depreciating. Ready to take a reasonable wage and be a rotational player.

The moment Messi won the World Cup, Ronaldo accepted that no matter whatever he did, nothing would beat that, so why not move to Arab where he can just get more goals and be paid stupidly for it. Also no tax.

100% true.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by blueAgent(m): 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2022
udeh3:

Records and stats makes you the greatest player...

Except, you're disputing facts and figures

Which records, is carrying world cup not a records?

Do you want to see the GOATS records?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by joshuaidibia(m): 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2022
ThierryJay:

Ur Lizard is beneath GOAT Messi's feet grin

That's your safety net. grin when you've run out of stupidity, you run an upload the world cup picture. Nah, won't work on me. I've made my peace with that long ago. Messi is a great player, Ronaldo is a great player and an inspiration to me. Keep crying whenever you read any news about Ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by Ade1177: 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2022
Timekeeper452:
he has gone to where that attention will die.

Bro hate aside

Ronaldo was trending more EVEN WHEN world cup was going on

70 cameras on one player .Ronaldo when the full team is on the pitch

The kind of attention Ronaldo commands because of Haters and people that love him is unmatched

He's the most famous Human being

I won't be surprised top channels will start showing the league just because

They know people will watch it because of Ronaldo

Same happend to seria A
Same will happen to Saudi

People are not watching Saudi because no one gives a f about them

Ronaldo being there will generate massive pay for media

All these are why his money entered 200m
Not because he's the current best player

But because he's the current highest influence in football

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by ThierryJay: 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2022
Jokerman:

Bro, when will this Trolling stop grin

Stop ke? Until we finish opening and treating all your historical files especially when some Pendulums are still forming stronghead.

No vex bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by alobright17(m): 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2022
T0BY:
Senior mahn just dey cash out.. that's all that matters

Some people wey go yab am nw no get upto 100k for account. When you're big, you're big.
if na Messi made similar move you won't find a good reason for it. You pendu fans ehhh

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by joshuaidibia(m): 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2022
blueAgent:

Crap.

Dey console yourself grin

Not consoling myself you dimwitted fellow. If he likes he goes back to Sporting, if he likes he don't. People like you will forever have nightmares at the slightest news of CR7. Cry more slowpoke, cry more.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by onadana: 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2022
Sopeotiloor:
Am not sure he will be totally happy with this, at some level money ain't everything

"At some level"

Money isn't everything is poor man mentality.Get it first then decide if it is everything or not.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by ThierryJay: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
joshuaidibia:

That's your safety net. grin when you've run out of stupidity, you run an upload the world cup picture. Nah, won't work on me. I've made my peace with that long ago. Messi is a great player, Ronaldo is a great player and an inspiration to me. Keep crying whenever you read any news about Ronaldo.

Alright, Thanks for accepting Messi is greater and better than Pendu. Peace#

And remember to take Tramadol for the pain cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by Ade1177: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
Timekeeper452:

I am very very happy he signed it

You all are forcing him to retire
Every single day a 38 yrs old is being talked about like a finished product and all clubs reading news shy away from him
He is being Forced to reduced his salary to 100k and join sporting Lisbon. Can you imagine

Someone with a very large staff and mansions to cater for

He was on 500k at united
He is 38yrs old and being forced to retire by all
So why not retire with 3m per week instead of 100k in sporting

Him going to Saudi will bring investors and attention to the league
He will be treated with respect and loved by millions
Will be an ambassador for the nation at large

The Ronaldo brand will multiply in Saudi

He must have been advised to stop thinking of the fans and people, think about your Family

His Family first and most of the people saying shit about him. He doesn't even know exist

[/b]Most players even in Europe are chasing the money and not the career[b]

If he signed for 100k Sporting Lisbon to make sure people call him finished
People will blast him
If he signs 3m for Saudi people will still blast him

So he chose what will benefit him and his kids and immediate family for generations to come

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by Timekeeper452: 12:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ade1177:

Bro hate aside

Ronaldo was trending more EVEN WHEN world cup was going on

70 cameras on one player .Ronaldo when the full team is on the pitch

The kind of attention Ronaldo commands because of Haters and people that love him is unmatched

He's the most famous Human being

I won't be surprised top channels will start showing the league just because

They know people will watch it because of Ronaldo

Same happend to seria A
Same will happen to Saudi

People are not watching Saudi because no one gives a f about them

Ronaldo being there will generate massive pay for media

All these are why his money entered 200m
Not because he's the current best player

But because he's the current highest influence in football
which kyn yeye analysis be this? Ronaldo was trending more because he was in direct competition with Messi and Messi broke all records this World Cup while he didn’t. If Messi had crashed out earlier in the World Cup same as Ronaldo, none would trend. Ronaldo has been having a terrible year and like every other celebrity hate trends way much. This move to Al Nasir didn’t even trend, compared to normal Messi and Ronaldo transfer news. Dude had a bad year all round. But that doesn’t dispute all he achieved for football.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by joshuaidibia(m): 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2022
ThierryJay:

Alright, Thanks for accepting Messi is greater and better than Pendu. Peace#

And remember to take Tramadol for the pain cheesy

It is clear you're more stupid than I imagined. You can't even understand the simplest form of language being English. Let me use pigeon. I TALK SAY MESSI NA GREAT PLAYER, AND RONALDO NA GREAT PLAYER TOO. I hope you understands that. I just took a panadol cos your stupidity amazes me. At your adolescent age you're talking about Tramadol. You're finished.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by mbaise1000: 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2022
The greatest player of all time is Pele, he won three world cups, people, the highest price I the football world is the world cup, you can win all the club championships as you want, just as one gold is more than 20000000 silver, in the Olympics or other sports, any one who wins more than three world cups beats Pele, until then, Pele we know
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by alobright17(m): 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2022
robosky02:
Cristiano Ronaldo becomes highest paid player [See top 10]

Saudi Arabian league side Al Nassr on Friday completed the signing of former Manchester United forward, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo was a free agent for just over a month after his contract with Man United was terminated in November.

Once ad revenue is included, the former Real Madrid, Juventus and Sporting Lisbon striker is now the best-paid athlete on the planet.

CBS Sports reports that the entire volume of Ronaldo’s contract with Al Nassr would earn the Portuguese €216m a year.

This by far cannot be measured with the €75m per season of Paris Saint-Germain stars, Lionel Messi and Neymar’s €70m.

Here is list of top ten highest earners after Ronaldo’s contract:

10 Kevin De Bruyne (Man City) – $29m

9 Andres Iniesta (Vissel Kobe) – $30m

8 Eden Hazard (Real Madrid) – $31m

7 Robert Lewandowski (FC Barcelona) – $35m

6 Erling Haaland (Man City) – $39m

5 Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – $53m

4 Neymar (PSG) – $87m

3 Lionel Messi (PSG) – $110m

2 Kylian Mbappé (PSG) $128m

1 Cristiano Ronaldo (Al-Nassr) $214m

https://dailypost.ng/2022/12/31/cristiano-ronaldo-becomes-highest-paid-player-see-top-10/

Pendu fans are the most yeye fans on earth when messi moved to France they called it farmers league not minding the amount involved.

Now you lots are celebrating Arabian move of pendu

Mr challenger that never challenge to enter World Cup semis .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by miqos02(m): 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2022
judetov2:
yea , showbiz
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Paid Football Player [see Top 10] by T0BY(m): 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2022
I no be Cboy fan but hardcore fan of Messi. But this is me stating fact here.
alobright17:
if na Messi made similar move you won't find a good reason for it. You pendu fans ehhh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Kneel Down To Greet Gov Ambode And His Wife / Lionel Messi Steps Out With His Kids / Hilarious Faces Of Divers At The Rio 2016 Olympics In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.