Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless (39678 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Obasanjo Endorsement Of Peter Obi / Sowore To Obi: You've Been Scammed. Your 'dallas Citizenship' Award Is Worthless / Femi Adesina Posts Cryptic 'reaction' To Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by Zaydbat: 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2023
Obasanjo have only one vote.
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by maasoap(m): 9:05pm On Jan 01, 2023
Nwaetche:
BAT through his spokesman said that Obasanjo's endorsements are worthless? Yet you & your people went to his house the other day to solicit for his endorsement.

Obj has now endorsed someone else and you suddenly remember that his endorsements are worthless?

Shame!
grin, grin,

Obasanjo's endorsement of any candidate is truly a worthless endeavour. What beats me as you rightly pointed out is why they are all still patronising him and his likes.
Can Obj win his polling unit, Ward and local government for Obi? The answer is NO
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by djon78(m): 9:06pm On Jan 01, 2023
mach7:
In my opinion, APC shouldn't have bothered replying OBJ. It only makes his "endorsement" seem somewhat relevant.

To the discerning, his support for Obi has been clear from day one. Amongst the frontline candidates, Obi is the only one that can be controlled or dictated to by OBJ. OBJ's aim is to ensure that his influence which was eroded by Buhari can be restored via Obi. All the talk about supporting someone from Eastern extraction is just a charade.

Asides this, I also perceive that OBJ has a personal animosity for Tinubu. Something akin to envy since the days of when Tinubu was a Governor.

To those saying that Tinubu went to beg OBJ for endorsement, you are spewing rubbish. Tinubu was advised to go see OBJ (being the most prominent Yoruba leader who is an ex-president) and sell his ambition to him, and Tinubu followed that advice.

Following the outcome of the meeting, it became clear that OBJ won't support Tinubu, but he also committed that he wouldn't support Atiku either and for the Tinubu camp, that was OK.

Election is next month, let's see how OBJ's and by extension the so called "Cabal of ex-Gemerals" endorsement helps Obi.

However, I do find it funny when Obi says he want to build a new Nigeria and use the hungry youths as a structure....blah...blah...blah and yet still relies on the same corrupt structure of persons like OBJ to attempt to get into office.

Really funny.

Who is ruling Nigeria now?

Is it still not one of the ex generals

As long as the 1966 class are still alive. They will determine who rules Nigeria

Nigeria that belongs to them

Until they all die

There influence will still be here

Never underate them.

Obasanjo ruled 1999 to 2007

He handed over to the Younger brother of one of them shehu Musa yaradua, Umaru yaradua

Jonathan was just fortunate

Still he lost to one of the ex generals Buhari

Since 1999 they have influenced who rules Nigeria

No political machinery in Nigeria
Is superior to the ex generals

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by bentenny(m): 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2023
Beedude:

He only visited an elder state man. Tinubu has more followers than OBJ in the SW. With or without OBJ endorsement, Tinubu will win SW and the closest rival in SW will be Atiku
Guy leave that stale fable...He went for endorsement...Even Femi Gbajabiamila Speaker of the House of rep who accompanied Tinubu told pressmen that Obasanjo had secretly endorsed Tinubu which made some of you urchins feel like you have won the world cup when you heard that news!
Hours later,Obasanjo refuted such claims by Femi Gbajabiamila to the disappointment of oga balablu grin grin
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by sddiamond: 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2023
Obi will drop out latest december, now is January 18, keep deceiving yourself
Thinkam:
That's a fact, another angle Obansanjo is deceiving Obi so as yaruba to win, but that's dead on arrival grin grin

Even Obasanjo will eventually support his oga Atiku, the man that made him president, same as Obi, Atiku is their oga.

Obi will drop out of the race latest January 18

Atiku is coming
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by sucess001(m): 9:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
This spokesman is idiotic tho. His choice of language to a former president is so disrespectful.

Even Tinubu his boss was a governor when obj was president a 2nd time. Tinubu was not even in university when obj was head of state the first time....

Classless ND disrespectful.

Anyways. Atiku for president still

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by Beedude(m): 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2023
bentenny:

Guy leave that stale fable...He went for endorsement...Even Femi Gbajabiamila Speaker of the House of rep who accompanied Tinubu told pressmen that Obasanjo had secretly endorsed Tinubu which made some of you urchins feel like you have won the world cup when you heard that news!
Hours later,Obasanjo refuted such claims by Femi Gbajabiamila to the disappointment of oga balablu grin grin
Kindly post a verified link to back up Femi Gbaja claim
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by bentenny(m): 9:33pm On Jan 01, 2023
Beedude:

Kindly post a verified link to back up Femi Gbaja claim
I would have ignored you or asked that you do your own research but for the benefit of others,check the link below

Closed door meeting: Obasanjo assured Tinubu of victory – Gbajabiamila
www dot vanguardngr dot com/2022/08/closed-door-meeting-obasanjo-assured-tinubu-of-victory-gbajabiamila/

What Obasanjo, Tinubu discussed – Gbajabiamila
"My people, what I heard there, what Obasanjo said, the victory of Asiwaju is assured."
www dot premiumtimesng dot com/news/top-news/549433-what-obasanjo-tinubu-discussed-gbajabiamila

However Obasanjo instantly denied such claim.

2023: Obasanjo Disowns Gbajabiamila’s Claim On Tinubu’s Visit
leadership dot ng/2023-obasanjo-disowns-gbajabiamilas-claim-on-tinubus-visit/
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by RUBMYMIND(m): 9:38pm On Jan 01, 2023
It's no longer December. quote author=Thinkam post=119612995]That's a fact, another angle Obansanjo is deceiving Obi so as yaruba to win, but that's dead on arrival grin grin

Even Obasanjo will eventually support his oga Atiku, the man that made him president, same as Obi, Atiku is their oga.

Atiku is coming [/quote]
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by vannessa7(f): 9:51pm On Jan 01, 2023
CheapHomes1:

That's not my problem. You haven't been able to explain why the action of a man who has "zero political clout" is making tinubu camp to write long epistle for us to read

I will tell you, it's a Yoruba thing, we tend to ALWAYS defer to the elders to show respect and submission even though we may not always agree with them, but I guess you won't understand because it's foreign to your culture to reverence elders. I'm surprised to see all igbo asking this same question all over here, everyone knows OBJ and Tinubu are not friends right from when Tinubu defied him to create more local government council in Lagos State, we all know what ensured. Obj is just a sour loser because Tinubu still made a success of the bad situation without federal government funding. Obj thinks he will be able to control Peter Obi because he is younger not caring about his ability and failure in Anambra state, he endorsed him for selfish reason and he will cry when Peter Obi loses in February insha Allah.
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2023
gimakon2:

Suffer no day tire them, Them wan bring another useless person give us for another 8 years, e no go better for all of them. Stupid people.
de ting taya me oo!!
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by Tejuri(m): 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2023
hotwax:

yes obasanjo is worthless...but how come APC were boasting about him supporting Tinubu last week after a meeting with tinubu?

koyewa ooo

Your answer is right there in the post. It was just for optics. You people just want to always confirm your biases all the time. I won’t even reply you further. Even ordinary Gbenga Daniel has more political clout than Obasanjo in Ogun. Obasanjo cannot give anyone votes, he is a former president that is why anyone even bothers to go visit him to take pictures.
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by CheapHomes1: 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
vannessa7:

I will tell you, it's a Yoruba thing, we tend to ALWAYS defer to the elders to show respect and submission even though we may not always agree with them, but I guess you won't understand because it's foreign to your culture to reverence elders. I'm surprised to see all igbo asking this same question all over here, everyone know OBJ and Tinubu are not friends right from when Tinubu defied him to create more local government council in Lagos State, we all know what ensured. Obj is just a sour loser because Tinubu still made a success of the bad situation without federal government funding. Obj thinks he will be able to control Peter Obi because he is younger not caring about his ability and failure in Anambra state, he endorsed him for selfish reason and he will cry when he loses in February isha Allah.

Offpoint. You haven't been able to explain why the action of a man who has "zero political clout" is making tinubu camp to write long epistle for us to read
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by Tejuri(m): 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
djon78:

But still the only Yoruba man to have ruled Nigeria three good times. So much for feather weight man

What does that have to do with anything? I said Obasanjo has no political clout, being he cant give anybody votes. He became President the first time as a military man because his Boss died. Then as a civilian, he was voted by the North and SS/SE mainly, He lost in Yorubaland. How can a man so unpopular among his own people bring any extra votes for Obi? Or is it from the North or SS/SE that voted him in before he will bring Obi votes? I don’t like engaging in stupid arguments abeg, it’s draining. Unless you like to deceive yourself, my point here is crystal clear. If Obasanjo runs for LG chairman in Ogun today, he will lose woefully.
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by JetApartment: 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
Oluwabash:
https://www.legit.ng/politics/1512242-breaking-tinubu-reacts-obasanjo-endorses-peter-obi-2023-presidency/

Idiotic Bayo, If Obasanjo's support for Peter Obi is worthless then why did Tinubu beg for his support few montha ago...grin grin grin
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by Emola12(m): 10:07pm On Jan 01, 2023
Thinkam:
That's a fact, another angle Obansanjo is deceiving Obi so as yaruba to win, but that's dead on arrival grin grin

y
Atiku is coming
coming to prison Just dey play
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by Emola12(m): 10:10pm On Jan 01, 2023
E be like say dis endorsement dey pepper their body
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by hotwax: 10:10pm On Jan 01, 2023
biggie73:
....like your wereys father....

your basterd father..go meet them at home
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by Ybholy(m): 10:16pm On Jan 01, 2023
Anyone in APC has a common problem

- you know it
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by jojothaiv(m): 10:18pm On Jan 01, 2023
.......opposing progressive political forces.......

Dear Bayo, what's progressive about APC since that what's you've been made to believed while the majority don't see it that way.

Paperweight?

There's no problem with that, since politics as we've come to know it is a game of interest, assuming the Ebora of Owu has endorse your candidate, you would've called him heavyweight, right.
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by Monday60655(m): 10:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming

So your December dropout no longer work nor feasible. Now is January 18 right! Wake from your slumber.
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by rigarmortis: 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2023
I thought they say Yoruba people respect their elders

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by biggie73(m): 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2023
hotwax:

your basterd father..go meet them at home
....thank God, Jagaban is my father. Where's yours? You burnt his house in the east.
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by ayo2008: 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2023
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by smsinnigeria(m): 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming

You people said Obi will drop out of the race last December. You have changed to January 18 and last time I checked you are not Obi spokesperson neither are you the Labour party chairman.
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by stuffs2002: 10:46pm On Jan 01, 2023
Obasanjo has always been an enemy of the south west because he opposed the candidature of MKO Abiola. He also worked against the progress of many Yoruba people in Nigeria so it is coming as no surprise that he is working against Tinubu
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by Asswipemod: 10:51pm On Jan 01, 2023
seunmsg:
Obasanjo is old and should be tolerated. The harsh tone of the response is unnecessary. Overall, Obasanjo’s endorsement of Peter Obi is a mere academic exercise. It won’t add new voters to the Obi candidacy. Obi will still lose Obasanjo’s polling unit, ward, local government and state. Tinubu will be elected president next month and there is nothing Obasanjo can do about it.

Bọbọ yi kan sha funny Sha! A kan sọrọ gbau bi pe ọ mọ ola. O kan sọ ra e di ọlọrun ti wa kan máa dictate future. Yinmu! Oju ma a tiẹ last ni!
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless by duality(m): 10:52pm On Jan 01, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed's Daughter, Nadine, To Wed (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu’s N1m Bounty On South-East Governors’ Itinerary: IPOB Leader Blasted / PDP Members In Free-For-All Fight In Celestine Omehia's House (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.