Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,069 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse (2884 Views)

Big Brother Naija Is Nigeria Most Disgusting Show Ever / ‘my Beauty Is A Curse, It Drives Men Away’ – Lady Laments / Man Places Curse On His Girlfriend For Dumping Him, Shares Pic Of Them Kissing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by VawulenceProMax: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
To be rich in naija is a curse . Imagine , everyone wants me to give him or her something. All my friends want Christmas and new year gifts even when I clearly tell them I am not a Christian and I don't celebrate new year. I have been giving out money to a point nauseating point. Even people I don't know beg me for cash. Now I know why otedola And co choose to live in banana island.
Poor people are cancer

BROKE IDIOTS WILL WAIL TO DEATH IN THE COMMENTS

8 Likes

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Terkx(m): 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2023
VawulenceProMax:
To be rich in naija is a curse . Imagine , everyone wants me to give him or her something. All my friends want Christmas and new year gifts even when I clearly tell them I am not a Christian and I don't celebrate new year. I have been giving out money to a point nauseating point. Even people I don't know beg me for cash. Now I know why otedola And co choose to live in banana island.
Poor people are cancer
God I was just about to ask for your favour �����

1 Like

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by superCleanworks(m): 7:01pm On Jan 01, 2023
VawulenceProMax:
Now I know why otedola And co choose to live in banana island.
Poor people are cancer

Rich men don drop quote

3 Likes

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Beebah321(f): 7:20pm On Jan 01, 2023
U wan just tell us say u dey rich.
Since you no want make anybody disturb you, start to dey live like poor man.
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Enny2013(f): 7:23pm On Jan 01, 2023
Rich man, we HV heard u.

1 Like

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Blupen(m): 7:25pm On Jan 01, 2023
Beebah321:
U wan just tell us say u dey rich.
Since you no want make anybody disturb you, start to dey live like poor man.
Lols why you wicked like this bee??
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by SultanOfPuna: 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2023
VawulenceProMax:
Poor people are cancer
Start dressing poor and wearing slippers
Bone your face anytime you go out
Park your car and use keke or bike
Nobody go send u again

11 Likes

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by TheboyGhost(m): 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2023
Terkx:
God I was just about to ask for your favour �����

grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Beebah321(f): 8:04pm On Jan 01, 2023
Blupen:
wicked wetin? undecided
Maybe na one broke idiot. Him just dey look for attention.
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Blupen(m): 8:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
Beebah321:
wicked wetin? undecided
Maybe na one broke idiot. Him just dey look for attention.
You made a mistake by putting that "maybe"
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Terkx(m): 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2023
TheboyGhost:

grin grin grin cheesy grin
I wanted you to send me some money . I need some money but you're angry so now I don't know again oo !!!!
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by TheboyGhost(m): 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2023
Terkx:
I wanted you to send me some money . I need some money but you're angry so now I don't know again oo !!!!

No be me be OP grin grin

Am just an observer
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Emu4u2c: 11:22pm On Jan 01, 2023
I told someone This Once

Regular neighborhood don't work for me because of the "poor" people thinking capacity but then a man chooses to be poor only when he can't think outside the box or has a poor thinking faculty

Realizing this I pay an extra token to be in the " Posh" side of life because I just don't want to be accessible or even seen by these so called "Poor" People , Call it Razz or obnoxious but there is obviously a reason the rich makes friends with the rich Only

Then you won't have such problems of having friends beg you for a gift.

4 Likes

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Emu4u2c: 11:24pm On Jan 01, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

Start dressing poor and wearing slippers
Bone your face anytime you go out
Park your car and use keke or bike
Nobody go send u again

Good thing nor Dey hide

Them go still beg you
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Nazgul: 11:52pm On Jan 01, 2023
VawulenceProMax:
Poor people are cancer
When God start picking your call in Nigeria, there are few changes you must make if you want to continue enjoying your peace of mind.

1. Change your location: If you're living in a one room face-me-I-slap-you apartment at okokomiko and get a government or foreign contract worth millions, or a mouth watering job, the first thing you must do is to move out from that place. If you don't, people around you would hate you for your success most especially if you buy a car and start living big and constantly refuse giving them money (or show love as the street would put it)

2. Change your cycle of friends: If you're a Christian and read the Bible, you'll notice that from Genesis (the story of Cain and Abel) till Jesus time (Judas). Betrayal and killings were done by those closest to the victim not strangers. Sadly this reality still plays out till date. There have been countless stories of people ganging up to kill their friend, who go a visa, won a bet/lottery, got a great job... etc.

If your friends aren't moving in the same pace with you, it would be wise to keep them at arm's length, cos you would never know their thoughts towards you.

3. Live a low key life I read somewhere on Nairaland where someone said if he updates his status to Got paid dozens of strangers would slide into his dm to beg for money, even though he was just catching cruise.

My point is, the more you flaunt your success on social media, the more beggars you'd attract to yourself. The more you keep to yourself, the lesser beggars you'd attract.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by faceland: 12:52am On Jan 02, 2023
VawulenceProMax:
Poor people are cancer

You know why they hide in Dubai.
Just pray a kidnapper doesn't calculate your net-worth.

2 Likes

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by faceland: 12:54am On Jan 02, 2023
Nigeria has a beggar problem.

If you help someone, the next time they are in trouble, they would remember who last helped them and show their ingratitude by asking for more help, repeatedly.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Osobi32(m): 1:06am On Jan 02, 2023
VawulenceProMax:
Poor people are cancer

Having a couple of millions does not make you a rich man or start to compare yourself with the likes of otedola. Oga you are broke and you know it, otedola can not give to the poor and come here to complain.
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by VawulenceProMax: 1:57am On Jan 02, 2023
Osobi32:
Having a couple of millions does not make you a rich man or start to compare yourself with the likes of otedola. Oga you are broke and you know it, otedola can not give to the poor and come here to complain.
shut up, I am a millionaire by international standards. I am not talking about millions in naira. Let off my ass poor man

1 Like

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by VawulenceProMax: 2:01am On Jan 02, 2023
faceland:
Nigeria has a beggar problem.

If you help someone, the next time they are in trouble, they would remember who last helped them and show their ingratitude by asking for more help, repeatedly.
there is one guy I assisted . I helped him pay for his gas,filled his generator tank, and assisted him with a reasonable amount to take care of himself for a while. You won't believe that this guy now sees me as his atm o. It's because if him I am relocating. Last time he asked me for 50k because he wanted to travel, I gave him 25k and told him not to return. This guy went about telling people that I am stingy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Osobi32(m): 2:26am On Jan 02, 2023
VawulenceProMax:
shut up, I am a millionaire by international standards. I am not talking about millions in naira. Let off my ass poor man
grin grin grin A millionaire will never tell you his worth ok..... I will advice you to humble urself and stick ur stupid pride up ur black ass.

2 Likes

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by faceland: 3:35am On Jan 02, 2023
VawulenceProMax:
there is one guy I assisted . I helped him pay for his gas,filled his generator tank, and assisted him with a reasonable amount to take care of himself for a while. You won't believe that this guy now sees me as his atm o. It's because if him I am relocating. Last time he asked me for 50k because he wanted to travel, I gave him 25k and told him not to return. This guy went about telling people that I am stingy cheesy

These types of people are very common (here in Nigeria).
It would even reach a stage where they act like you are owing them money (when they start blasting your phone with calls).
Had it been you didn't help him the first time, he would see it as 'failed attempt' and move on with his life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by JohnOkolo: 3:44am On Jan 02, 2023
Blupen:

Him no wicked poverty is not a condition but a state of the mind. Lots of Nigerians are poor mentally and it relationship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by T0BY(m): 6:43am On Jan 02, 2023
Nazgul:

When God start picking your call in Nigeria, there are few changes you must make if you want to continue enjoying your peace of mind.

1. Change your location: If you're living in a one room face-me-I-slap-you apartment at okokomiko and get a government or foreign contract worth millions, or a month watering job, the first thing you must do is to move out from that place. If you don't, people around you would hate you for your success once you buy a car and start living big and refuse constantly give them money (or show love as the street would put it)

2. Change your cycle of friends: If you're a Christian and read the Bible, you'll notice that from Genesis (the story of Cain and Abel) till Jesus time (Judas). Betrayal and killings were done by those closest to the victim not strangers. Sadly this reality still plays out till date. There have been countless stories of people ganging up to kill their friend, who go a visa, won a bet/lottery, got a great job... etc.

If your friends aren't moving in the same pace with you, it would be wise to keep them at arm's length, cos you would never know their thoughts towards you.

3. Live a low key life I read somewhere on Nairaland where someone said if he updates his status to Got paid dozens of strangers would slide into his dm to beg for money, even though he was just catching cruise.

My point is, the more you flaunt your success on social media, the more beggars you'd attract to yourself. The more you keep to yourself, the lesser beggars you'd attract.
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by imagrg(m): 7:08am On Jan 02, 2023
Living a live of sacrifice is the best way to live. Someone sacrificed his time and energy on making television available to you today.

Give, and you shall receive an eternal gift which is happiness in seeing others happy.
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Blupen(m): 7:15am On Jan 02, 2023
JohnOkolo:

Him no wicked poverty is not a condition but a state of the mind. Lots of Nigerians are poor mentally and it relationship
I know that poverty is a state of mind for sure
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 02, 2023
Unfortunately begging is part of our culture and even if you are broke, someone broker will be asking you for money. It is not that you do not want to give, but it gets too much and if you are not careful, you will have nothing in pocket. Remember you are not father Christmas and You cannot blame them or stop them from begging, it is just the way it is. But I can advise you on what to do.
1. Let your no be a strong no- do not make any promises
2. Stop making yourself too available e.g it is very hard to reach Messi or Ronaldo except you're very important and have a business appointment
3. Ignore calls or text from frequent beggars e.g you are not God who can save them , you are man who is relying on God
4. Have a budget and stick to it in the most strict way -this create financial discipline and prevent you from giving away your lifesaving
5. Learn from my late grand father who was too generous- he died broke and no one helped him but his children

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by 1Sharon(f): 7:49am On Jan 02, 2023
imagrg:
Living a live of sacrifice is the best way to live. Someone sacrificed his time and energy on making television available to you today.

Give, and you shall receive an eternal gift which is happiness in seeing others happy.

See manipulation

3 Likes

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 02, 2023
VawulenceProMax:
Poor people are cancer

This is from a rich and comfortable lady.
There's a saying that says GIVERS Never lack. How much are you worth and how much v you given? Did you give over N100m last year?
What's your worth that your body is peppering you after dropping some change?
Africa and Nigeria at large is battling severe poverty. So there are lots of people that depends on others. That's why a lot came to you. Give if you are giving, decline if you can instead of telling us it's a crime or a curse to give. Shey you go kukuma swap your destiny and be poor.
Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by VawulenceProMax: 10:25am On Jan 02, 2023
Sweetplum:

This is from a rich and comfortable lady.
There's a saying that says GIVERS Never lack. How much are you worth and how much v you given? Did you give over N100m last year?
What's your worth that your body is peppering you after dropping some change?
Africa and Nigeria at large is battling severe poverty. So there are lots of people that depends on others. That's why a lot came to you. Give if you are giving, decline if you can instead of telling us it's a crime or a curse to give. Shey you go kukuma swap your destiny and be poor.
the saying givers never lack is rubbish. I don't give because givers never lack. I don't give basedon any religious or moral dogmas. I give because I want to. You Nigerians make it look as if it's a right. No one owes you a dime. Be grateful if someone decides to give you instead of acting like it's your birth right. Like I said, I am a millionaire by international standards . But that not the reason for this thread. Don't derail it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by VawulenceProMax: 10:25am On Jan 02, 2023
1Sharon:

See manipulation
the manipulation is what pisses me off.

1 Like

Re: To Be Rich In Naija Is A Curse by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 02, 2023
VawulenceProMax:
the saying givers never lack is rubbish. I don't give because givers never lack. I don't give basedon any religious or moral dogmas. I give because I want to. You Nigerians make it look as if it's a right. No one owes you a dime. Be grateful if someone decides to give you instead of acting like it's your birth right. Like I said, I am a millionaire by international standards . But that not the reason for this thread. Don't derail it
You are the one that should not derail your thread. The saying givers never lack isn't attributed to religion n neither did I quote any religious text. It's pure common sense.
Even if you are an atheist, it's common sense that givers never lack. It's different from wasteful givers or giving to those who stood on you as their entitlement!
Go to Russia, China, America or any developed economy, you must be a giver.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How D'u Like Your Gal/guy, Fat Or Thin? What Other Description(s)? / Is It A Crime For A Man To Be A Virgin Till He Get Married?. / Love Wa Tintin: Two Yoruba Girls Stab Each Other Because Of A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.