Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) (10646 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:30am On Mar 17, 2023
✝️📗DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2023-Mar-17

🎯TOPIC:DEAL WITH THE UNREGENERATE HEART

✝️TEXT: Mark 10: 1-32(NKJV)
10:1. Then He arose from there and came to the region of Judea by the other side of the Jordan. And multitudes gathered to Him again, and as He was accustomed, He taught them again.
10:2. The Pharisees came and asked Him, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce [his] wife?" testing Him.
10:3. And He answered and said to them, "What did Moses command you?"
10:4. They said, "Moses permitted [a man] to write a certificate of divorce, and to dismiss [her."]
10:5. And Jesus answered and said to them, "Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
10:6. "But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.'
10:7. 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife,
10:8. 'and the two shall become one flesh'; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh.
10:9. "Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."
10:10. In the house His disciples also asked Him again about the same [matter.]
10:11. So He said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her.
10:12. "And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery."
10:13. Then they brought little children to Him, that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked those who brought [them.]
10:14. But when Jesus saw [it,] He was greatly displeased and said to them, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.
10:15. "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
10:16. And He took them up in His arms, put [His] hands on them, and blessed them.
10:17. Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, "Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?"
10:18. So Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one [is] good but One, [that is,] God.
10:19. "You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery,' 'Do not murder,' 'Do not steal,' 'Do not bear false witness,' 'Do not defraud,' 'Honor your father and your mother.' "
10:20. And he answered and said to Him, "Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth."
10:21. Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me."
10:22. But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
10:23. Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!"
10:24. And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, "Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God!
10:25. "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
10:26. And they were greatly astonished, saying among themselves, "Who then can be saved?"
10:27. But Jesus looked at them and said, "With men [it is] impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible."
10:28. Then Peter began to say to Him, "See, we have left all and followed You."
10:29. So Jesus answered and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel's,
10:30. "who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time -- houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions -- and in the age to come, eternal life.
10:31. "But many [who are] first will be last, and the last first."
10:32. Now they were on the road, going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus was going before them; and they were amazed. And as they followed they were afraid. Then He took the twelve aside again and began to tell them the things that would happen to Him:

✝️🗒️STUDY: In today’s text, Jesus addresses Marriage and Love for Him. Today, divorce is rampant against God’s will(see Mal.2:15-16). The cause is hardness of heart from one or both partners. This made Moses, legal practitioners etc to permit divorce but from the beginning it was so (Mark 10:5-9). It is important to focus more in dealing with this hardness of heart caused by an unregenerate nature. If this nature is dealt with, marriages will succeed because each partner will want to please God as a child (vs.15). The was the problem of the rich young man who came to inquire about the conditions for eternal life(vs.17-22). The man obeyed the ten commandments but was unable to give up his possessions. A regenerated heart will willingly surrender all to Jesus. Such a man will be patient with the impatient, love the unlovable, sacrifice his all in austere times if God commands and seek peace even when he is innocent during marital misunderstandings.

God calls us today to give us a new heart and Spirit (Ezek.36:25-27). This transformation will give the enablement to give all for Christ when He requires it, to conduct our marriage relationships and other aspects of our lives within His prescribed laws. Beloved, allow God to destroy the stony heart in your life and fill you with His Spirit today so that you can do His bidding.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: O Lord, circumcise my heart to follow you at all costs, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:36am On Mar 23, 2023
Date: 2023-Mar-23

🎯TOPIC: VICTORY IS OF GOD

✝️TEXT: Deuteronomy 3: 1-8(NKJV)
3:1. "Then we turned and went up the road to Bashan; and Og king of Bashan came out against us, he and all his people, to battle at Edrei.
3:2. "And the LORD said to me, 'Do not fear him, for I have delivered him and all his people and his land into your hand; you shall do to him as you did to Sihon king of the Amorites, who dwelt at Heshbon.'
3:3. "So the LORD our God also delivered into our hands Og king of Bashan, with all his people, and we attacked him until he had no survivors remaining.
3:4. "And we took all his cities at that time; there was not a city which we did not take from them: sixty cities, all the region of Argob, the kingdom of Og in Bashan.
3:5. "All these cities [were] fortified with high walls, gates, and bars, besides a great many rural towns.
3:6. "And we utterly destroyed them, as we did to Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children of every city.
3:7. "But all the livestock and the spoil of the cities we took as booty for ourselves.
3:8. "And at that time we took the land from the hand of the two kings of the Amorites who [were] on this side of the Jordan, from the River Arnon to Mount Hermon

✝️🗒️STUDY: Israel's journey to the land of promise was full of wars with many nations as they sojourned to Canaan. However, the Lord was with them and assured them of victory at every point in time. The Lord delivered these nations with their Kings and lands into the hands of the Israelites as He promised. Note that in our text, the cities were sixty in number, greatly fortified, with high and lofty walls which was seemingly an impossible task to achieve. But the unchanging great God made it possible to defeat all those nations due to His all surpassing power to conquer any stronghold.
Beloved, wars in the journey to our promised land(heaven) is part of the Christian race. So as children of God, we are confronted by many seen and unseen wars but the Lord has promised us His presence and deliverance. Some of such confrontations might be quite fierce and impossible to overcome by our human abilities as in our text today. The keys to victory are to fear not, refuse to be intimidated by the enormous size of challenge and impossibility of the situation, listen to God at every point in time to get directives for action and judiciously obey His biddings. What challenges are you facing? Apply these keys and you shall convert the wars into testimonies to the glory of God.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: May you continue to fight my battles Lord, for I am weak but you are mighty, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:20am On Mar 24, 2023
Date: 2023-Mar-24

🎯TOPIC: CLEAVE UNTO THE LORD AND LIVE

✝️TEXT: Deuteronomy 4: 1-25(NKJV)
4:1. "Now, O Israel, listen to the statutes and the judgments which I teach you to observe, that you may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers is giving you.
4:2. "You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
4:3. "Your eyes have seen what the LORD did at Baal Peor; for the LORD your God has destroyed from among you all the men who followed Baal of Peor.
4:4. "But you who held fast to the LORD your God [are] alive today, every one of you.
4:5. "Surely I have taught you statutes and judgments, just as the LORD my God commanded me, that you should act according [to them] in the land which you go to possess.
4:6. "Therefore be careful to observe [them;] for this [is] your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples who will hear all these statutes, and say, 'Surely this great nation [is] a wise and understanding people.'
4:7. "For what great nation [is there] that has God [so] near to it, as the LORD our God [is] to us, for whatever [reason] we may call upon Him?
4:8. "And what great nation [is there] that has [such] statutes and righteous judgments as are in all this law which I set before you this day?
4:9. " Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. And teach them to your children and your grandchildren,
4:10. "[especially concerning] the day you stood before the LORD your God in Horeb, when the LORD said to me, 'Gather the people to Me, and I will let them hear My words, that they may learn to fear Me all the days they live on the earth, and [that] they may teach their children.'
4:11. "Then you came near and stood at the foot of the mountain, and the mountain burned with fire to the midst of heaven, with darkness, cloud, and thick darkness.
4:12. "And the LORD spoke to you out of the midst of the fire. You heard the sound of the words, but saw no form; [you] only [heard] a voice.
4:13. "So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.
4:14. "And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that you might observe them in the land which you cross over to possess.
4:15. " Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire,
4:16. "lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure: the likeness of male or female,
4:17. "the likeness of any animal that [is] on the earth or the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the air,
4:18. "the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground or the likeness of any fish that [is] in the water beneath the earth.
4:19. "And [take heed,] lest you lift your eyes to heaven, and [when] you see the sun, the moon, and the stars, all the host of heaven, you feel driven to worship them and serve them, which the LORD your God has given to all the peoples under the whole heaven as a heritage.
4:20. "But the LORD has taken you and brought you out of the iron furnace, out of Egypt, to be His people, an inheritance, as you are this day.
4:21. "Furthermore the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, and swore that I would not cross over the Jordan, and that I would not enter the good land which the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.
4:22. "But I must die in this land, I must not cross over the Jordan; but you shall cross over and possess that good land.
4:23. "Take heed to yourselves, lest you forget the covenant of the LORD your God which He made with you, and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of anything which the LORD your God has forbidden you.
4:24. "For the LORD your God [is] a consuming fire, a jealous God.
4:25. “When you beget children and grandchildren and have grown old in the land, and act corruptly and make a carved image in the form of anything, and do evil in the sight of the Lord your God to provoke Him to anger,

✝️🗒️STUDY: In our text today, Moses was admonishing the people of Israel. He took time to make them understand the importance of keeping the statutes of the Lord and the dangers of idolatry among His people. The Lord has been so particular about His people and would not want them to be in allegiance to any other god. He is a consuming fire and a jealous God who tolerates no double allegiance. So they were to worship God alone who brought them out of Egypt.

All of God's statutes and judgments are righteous. There is never an instruction He gives His children that is not for their good and safety. Today, He still expects us to cleave to His words that we may live. Our total allegiance must be to this God who has been faithful to us. We must always remember the covenant we have with Him. Since God hates idolatry, Christians must detest any form of idol worship and cling to the only true God. Idolatry includes anything that replaces the place of, trust in and time for God in our lives such as the social media, workplace/business, connections, wealth, family status, position etc. If you are an agent of idolatry, repent and receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior so that you will inherit eternal life. Will you do so today?

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, please give me the grace to keep your statutes in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:48am On Mar 26, 2023
Date: 2023-Mar-25

🎯TOPIC: THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT FOR GOD'S USE

✝️TEXT: Luke 1: 26-38(NKJV)
1:26. Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
1:27. to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name [was] Mary.
1:28. And having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, highly favored [one,] the Lord [is] with you; blessed [are] you among women!"
1:29. But when she saw [him,] she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was.
1:30. Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
1:31. "And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS.
1:32. "He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
1:33. "And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end."
1:34. Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?"
1:35. And the angel answered and said to her, "[The] Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.
1:36. "Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren.
1:37. "For with God nothing will be impossible."
1:38. Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Today's reading tells us that a virgin named Mary would conceive without a man knowing her. The child would be called the Son of the Highest, and of His Kingdom, there shall be no end. Note that this favour did not come to any type of person. Mary was reckoned to still be a virgin even at the point of engagement. She maintained chastity and purity which are fast being eroded today. She also believed God's word concerning her, though it was contrary to scientific and historical evidence. Hence, she created the right environment to be used as an instrument by God for His purpose.
God can also use us to birth unimaginable things and to do a lot of exploits for His name and glory. He makes the impossible possible, and this He does through a man who is yielded and fit for the Master's use. God is still looking for a man or woman today, who will create the right environment of faith and purity like Mary, to become a veritable and useful instrument in His hands. Having the all-powerful God as your Father, you need not be unfruitful in His house and in your generation. Purge and cleanse yourself and exercise faith to become a useful vessel unto the Lord. Will you do so today?

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, make me a veritable instrument for you and use me O Lord, in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:54am On Mar 26, 2023
Date: 2023-Mar-26

🎯TOPIC: ABSOLUTE ALLEGIANCE

✝️TEXT: John 12: 20-32(NKJV)
12:20. Now there were certain Greeks among those who came up to worship at the feast.
12:21. Then they came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida of Galilee, and asked him, saying, "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
12:22. Philip came and told Andrew, and in turn Andrew and Philip told Jesus.
12:23. But Jesus answered them, saying, "The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified.
12:24. "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.
12:25. "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
12:26. "If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him [My] Father will honor.
12:27. " Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour.
12:28. "Father, glorify Your name." Then a voice came from heaven, [saying,] "I have both glorified [it] and will glorify [it] again."
12:29. Therefore the people who stood by and heard [it] said that it had thundered. Others said, "An angel has spoken to Him."
12:30. Jesus answered and said, "This voice did not come because of Me, but for your sake.
12:31. "Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
12:32. "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all [peoples] to Myself."

✝️🗒️STUDY: Jesus was talking about His death in our today's text. However, He was not looking at His death as a loss but He reckoned it to be to His glory. He described it as a source of abundant fruitfulness for His death will produce a rich harvest of souls unto God(vs.24). However, it was not an easy decision to willingly sacrifice His life for the salvation of men. He is now imploring His servants to follow Him always; in other words, to be ready to sacrifice all for His sake.
Jesus covets our total allegiance to Him and to be fully committed to His ways. He did not promise us a smooth sail. There are bound to be challenges on the way and that is why He calls it a cross to be carried everywhere. However, He has promised to be with us till the end of the age. Be sure that any man who loses his life in this work for His sake, shall gain it. And again, the glory that is revealed in Jesus will also be revealed in His faithful servants. He desires us to lift Him up through all we do so that He can draw men to Himself. Are you committed to Jesus and to His work? Examine yourself to know where your allegiance lies; to God, man or the world?

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Gracious God, help me to always obey you up in all I say and do now and always. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
Date: 2023-Mar-27

🎯TOPIC: THE SAME SPIRIT

✝️TEXT: 1 Corinthians 12: 12-28(NKJV)
12:12. For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also [is] Christ.
12:13. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body -- whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free -- and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.
12:14. For in fact the body is not one member but many.
12:15. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body?
12:16. And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body?
12:17. If the whole body [were] an eye, where [would be] the hearing? If the whole [were] hearing, where [would be] the smelling?
12:18. But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased.
12:19. And if they [were] all one member, where [would] the body [be?]
12:20. But now indeed [there are] many members, yet one body.
12:21. And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
12:22. No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary.
12:23. And those [members] of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable [parts] have greater modesty,
12:24. but our presentable [parts] have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that [part] which lacks it,
12:25. that there should be no schism in the body, but [that] the members should have the same care for one another.
12:26. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with [it;] or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with [it.]
12:27. Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.
12:28. And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.

✝️🗒️STUDY: We are all united into one body by the same Spirit(1Cor.12: 13). So, we are all members of Christ after we are born again and have the same Spirit dwelling in us. Therefore, if we all have the same Spirit deposited in us, what influences our behaviour is our level of yielding to this Spirit of God in us.
Each part of the physical body is important and is needed for other members of the body to function maximally. Similarly, we need each other with varied gifts, to function as an effective church. So the person with the gift of working of miracles should not think he is greater than those with the gift of faith or prophecy and vice versa. Let us appreciate all the gifts that God has put in the lives of people for the effectiveness of His Church. This is because the same Spirit of God is in us, expressing Himself as He wills, through us all, in various dimensions, for the growth and prosperity of the church. Hence there is no room for comparison of gifts. Rather, we must diligently make use of our gifts for the work assigned to us by God. Remember the teaching of Christ about servants that were given different amounts of talents(Matt.25: 14-30). Do you know your gifts? Are you utilising them effectively to fulfil the purpose of God for your life?

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, help me to faithfully use your gift(s) in me to serve your church. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:35am On Mar 28, 2023
Date: 2023-Mar-28

🎯TOPIC: THE GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE

✝️TEXT: 1 Corinthians 13(NKJV)
13:1. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
13:2. And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
13:3. And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor,] and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
13:4. Love suffers long [and] is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
13:5. does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
13:6. does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
13:7. bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
13:8. Love never fails. But whether [there are] prophecies, they will fail; whether [there are] tongues, they will cease; whether [there is] knowledge, it will vanish away.
13:9. For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
13:10. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
13:11. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
13:12. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13:13. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love.

✝️🗒️STUDY: The word love has been misconstrued in the world today. Absence of love causes divorce, violence, wars, murder, etc. Today's text reveals the true meaning of love, its qualities and importance. Love is greater than the virtues of faith and hope. It has qualities of patience, tolerance, kindness, self-control, humility etc. The world defines spirituality and religious commitment with ability to display miraculous signs, sacrifices of martyrdom or for poverty alleviation. Some people also make such people who display these great acts as their role models and become their disciples in some instances. Unfortunately, the announcement of heaven is that God equates such 'great' acts as 'noise' and 'nothingness' if they are devoid of love(vs.1-3). They only matter and have weight on heavenly measuring scales if done on a platter of love.
Love is the greatest because God is love (1 John 4: cool. Hence, it is impossible to display these qualities of love if God is not in charge of your life. He comes in when you invite Jesus into your heart as your Lord and Saviour. Habitual close walk with God will increase your capacity to love others, which is a sign that you know God (1 John 4: 7-cool. Love is now more pertinent in these perilous times when situations that make love to wax cold will continually emerge. Are you walking in love?

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Holy Spirit of God, help me to love God and my brethren unconditionally, in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:50am On Mar 29, 2023
Date: 2023-Mar-29

🎯TOPIC: DESIRE SPIRITUAL GIFTS

✝️TEXT: 1 Corinthians 14: 1-20(NKJV)
14:1. Pursue love, and desire spiritual [gifts,] but especially that you may prophesy.
14:2. For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands [him;] however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
14:3. But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men.
14:4. He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
14:5. I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies [is] greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.
14:6. But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching?
14:7. Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
14:8. For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
14:9. So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air.
14:10. There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them [is] without significance.
14:11. Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks [will be] a foreigner to me.
14:12. Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual [gifts, let it be] for the edification of the church [that] you seek to excel.
14:13. Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.
14:14. For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.
14:15. What is [the conclusion] then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.
14:16. Otherwise, if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the uninformed say "Amen" at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say?
14:17. For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified.
14:18. I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all;
14:19. yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue.
14:20. Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Believers are encouraged to earnestly desire spiritual gifts but Love should be our greatest quest. The nine spiritual gifts in 1 Corinthians 12: 1-10 are Word of wisdom, Word of knowledge, Faith, Gifts of healing, Working of miracles, Prophecy, Discerning of spirits, Diverse kinds of tongues, and Interpretation of tongues. These gifts establish and make believers fruitful in Christ (Rom.1: 11). The bible also encourages believers to desire speaking in tongues to enable them edify themselves and speak mysteries to God in prayer(vs.2). However prophesy should be desired more to edify the church. This is because prophesy communicates God's divine will in a language understood by the audience and promotes wisdom, piety and holiness. This is why the bible encourages those who speak in unknown tongues to pray for interpretation to edify both themselves and the Church.
Maturity is important in the exercise of these gifts. When someone is leading in public worship for others to follow and say Amen, it is advisable to use a language understood by all. However, for private prayer whether at home, workplace or Church, one is free to speak in tongues of any other language since he is communing privately to God (vs.16-19) These gifts are available for you and needful for your personal edification and work of God. Desire tad pray that you be endowed with them t0 become a greater blessing in your generation.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Thank you Father for the gifts of the Holy Spirit; help me to identify and use mine for Your glory. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:30am On Mar 30, 2023
Date: 2023-Mar-30

🎯TOPIC: GOD OF ORDERLINESS

✝️TEXT: 1 Corinthians 14: 21-40(NKJV)
14:21. In the law it is written: "With [men of] other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; And yet, for all that, they will not hear Me," says the Lord.
14:22. Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.
14:23. Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in [those who are] uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
14:24. But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all.
14:25. And thus the secrets of his heart are revealed; and so, falling down on [his] face, he will worship God and report that God is truly among you.
14:26. How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.
14:27. If anyone speaks in a tongue, [let there be] two or at the most three, [each] in turn, and let one interpret.
14:28. But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God.
14:29. Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge.
14:30. But if [anything] is revealed to another who sits by, let the first keep silent.
14:31. For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged.
14:32. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
14:33. For God is not [the author] of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.
14:34. Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but [they are] to be submissive, as the law also says.
14:35. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.
14:36. Or did the word of God come [originally] from you? Or [was it] you only that it reached?
14:37. If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.
14:38. But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
14:39. Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.
14:40. Let all things be done decently and in order.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Paul noticed immaturity in the exercise of gifts and stipulated rules for orderliness. This is because gifts are important and improper use negates their benefits. The purpose of Spiritual gifts or any other activity in Church should be for edification (vs.26). Today's passage focused on tongues and prophecy. Paul encouraged the use of prophecy but also warned that speaking in tongues should not be forbidden (vs.39)
Against this background, he emphasised the importance of prophesy for public worship since it is delivered in a language understood by all; the congregation (both believers and unbelievers) will benefit from what God is saying. However, its use should be for the purpose of edification, exhortation and comfort (1Cor. 14: 3). In an instance where many prophecies are imparted to different people, Paul suggested that at most three should share their message while others who also received prophesies should judge and discern. He also emphasised that multiple prophesies should not be going on at the same time. The first who started prophesying should stop if a second prophesy comes up. This is possible because the spirit of the prophet is under the speaker's control (vs.32) With respect to tongues, he encouraged that interpretation is important to edify all in public worship. But if there is none to interpret, it should be used privately. Beloved your spiritual gifts should be handled with maturity, for the edification of the Church.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: LORD, intensify my desire to come unto you for direction in the morning of everyday of my life, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 1:54am On Mar 31, 2023
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY 31ST MARCH, 2023 *THEME:* LIVING IN HOPE FOR RESURRECTION

*TEXT:* 1 CORINTHIANS 15: 1-34

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1. Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2. by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you -- unless you believed in vain.
3. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4. and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
5. and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
6. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.
7. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.
8. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.
9. For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God [which was] with me.
11. Therefore, whether [it was] I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
12. Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13. But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.
14. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching [is] empty and your faith [is] also empty.
15. Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up -- if in fact the dead do not rise.
16. For if [the] dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.
17. And if Christ is not risen, your faith [is] futile; you are still in your sins!
18. Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.
20. But now Christ is risen from the dead, [and] has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
21. For since by man [came] death, by Man also [came] the resurrection of the dead.
22. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.
23. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those [who are] Christ's at His coming.
24. Then [comes] the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
25. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.
26. The last enemy [that] will be destroyed [is] death.
27. For "He has put all things under His feet." But when He says "all things are put under [Him," it is] evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted.
28. Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.
29. Otherwise, what will they do who are baptized for the dead, if the dead do not rise at all? Why then are they baptized for the dead?
30. And why do we stand in jeopardy every hour?
31. I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
32. If, in the manner of men, I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantage [is it] to me? If [the] dead do not rise, "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die!"
33. Do not be deceived: "Evil company corrupts good habits."
34. Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak [this] to your shame.

The gospel does not end with the death of Jesus on the cross to pay the price for sin and make us God's children. It includes the resurrection, ascension, second coming of the Lord Jesus and eternity in heaven. Resurrection is a very important Christian belief. It is of two types namely resurrection unto death and to life (John 5: 29). Jesus came to save us from sin so that we can worship God in holiness and partake of the resurrection unto life (Luke 1: 74-75). If resurrection is a fallacy, then Christ is not risen; our preaching will be in vain and we would be the most miserable of all men. We would then be permitted to live anyhow for there will be no judgment after death. But this is not so! Born again Christians should live as pilgrims on earth (1 Pet. 2: 11); to show the value we attach to the resurrection.

Remember that life on earth is short compared to eternity, and is the only opportunity to prepare for life after death. Make the decision to live and if need be, suffer here on earth, faithfully running the race set before you to secure your resurrection unto life. Decide to live for Jesus and be ready to be a candidate for the first resurrection unto life when the trumpet shall sound.

*PRAYER:*
O Lord, deliver me from the fear of death, in Jesus' name. *Amen.*

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY:*
God says

_"It is precious for Me to see My faithful ones come home."_ *Psalm 116:15*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:24am On Apr 01, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-01

🎯TOPIC: RAISED IN GLORY!

✝️TEXT: 1 Corinthians 15: 35-58(NKJV)
15:35. But someone will say, "How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?"
15:36. Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies.
15:37. And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain -- perhaps wheat or some other [grain.]
15:38. But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body.
15:39. All flesh [is] not the same flesh, but [there is] one [kind of] flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, [and] another of birds.
15:40. [There are] also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial [is] one, and the [glory] of the terrestrial [is] another.
15:41. [There is] one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for [one] star differs from [another] star in glory.
15:42. So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. [The body] is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.
15:43. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
15:44. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
15:45. And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam [became] a life-giving spirit.
15:46. However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.
15:47. The first man [was] of the earth, [made] of dust; the second Man [is] the Lord from heaven.
15:48. As [was] the [man] of dust, so also [are] those [who are made] of dust; and as [is] the heavenly [Man,] so also [are] those [who are] heavenly.
15:49. And as we have borne the image of the [man] of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly [Man.]
15:50. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
15:51. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed --
15:52. in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
15:53. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality.
15:54. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."
15:55. "O Death, where [is] your sting? O Hades, where [is] your victory?"
15:56. The sting of death [is] sin, and the strength of sin [is] the law.
15:57. But thanks [be] to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
15:58. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

✝️🗒️STUDY:
This passage describes the events that will occur during the rapture or first resurrection for only believers. The first question in vs.35 is on how the dead will be raised. The last trumpet shall sound, the dead in Christ shall be raised first and other believers who are alive shall be changed (v.52). A great separation will occur in a twinkling of an eye between believers and other people (Matt.24:40-41). The second resurrection unto damnation (second death) is described in John 5:29b. The second question on the characteristics of the resurrection body is handled in verses 36-50. When a seed is sown, it dies first, and a new crop grows from it. In the same way, the physical body dies and gets rotten in the earth. At the resurrection, God gives a new spiritual body that is immortal, raised in glory and power. The physical body bears the image of Adam, but the spiritual body bears the image of the risen Christ (1 John 3:2).

Beloved, are you preparing to partake in the first resurrection with a new spiritual body? Determine to live and die in Christ, being steadfast, immovable; abounding in the work of God (vs.58). Blessed is he that partakes in the first resurrection for the second death has no power over them (Rev. 20:6). Make this your utmost goal in life not to miss the rapture.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Dear Lord, thank you for the hope of the resurrection. Help me prepare to be like Christ.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:41am On Apr 03, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-03

(Monday in the Holy Week)

🎯TOPIC: JESUS ANOINTED IN BETHANY

✝️TEXT: Mark 14: 3-11(NKJV)
14:3. And being in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper, as He sat at the table, a woman came having an alabaster flask of very costly oil of spikenard. Then she broke the flask and poured [it] on His head.
14:4. But there were some who were indignant among themselves, and said, "Why was this fragrant oil wasted?
14:5. "For it might have been sold for more than three hundred denarii and given to the poor." And they criticized her sharply.
14:6. But Jesus said, "Let her alone. Why do you trouble her? She has done a good work for Me.
14:7. "For you have the poor with you always, and whenever you wish you may do them good; but Me you do not have always.
14:8. "She has done what she could. She has come beforehand to anoint My body for burial.
14:9. "Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her."
14:10. Then Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve, went to the chief priests to betray Him to them.
14:11. And when they heard [it,] they were glad, and promised to give him money. So he sought how he might conveniently betray Him.

✝️🗒️STUDY: The anointing of Jesus at Bethany teaches the need for voluntary sacrificial giving as prompted by the Holy Spirit. Jesus had told his disciples that He would be betrayed, arrested, condemned and crucified during that feast of Passover and Unleavened Bread (Matt.26: 2;Mark 8: 31-33; John 10: 33-34). Jesus knew that because of the circumstances surrounding His death, the anointing by the woman in the text would serve to prepare His body for burial(v.cool. The 300 denari was about one year's wage, hence pouring such an expensive and fragrant oil on Jesus was considered as a waste by some of the disciples (vs.3-5). John 12: 4-6 shows that Judas Iscariot was the major critic of the woman's action, and had done so for an evil motive. But Jesus defended her prophetic and sacrificial action (vs. 6-9).
Today some people offer great sacrifices of time and resources in love and appreciation to others but do the opposite for God. How sacrificial are your gifts for God? Are your offerings and other gifts befitting for the King of Kings? Are you a disciple like Judas who is fond of criticising others who make great sacrifices for the progress of Gods work? God has blessed you with time, talents, resources etc. Can you think of a sacrificial action you could make today in love like this woman, to advance the gospel?

✝️🙏 PRAYER: O Lord, help me to be a useful instrument to advance the gospel in my time.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 9:21am On Apr 04, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-04

(Tuesday in the Holy Week)

🎯TOPIC: WATCH AND PRAY

✝️TEXT: Matthew 26: 31-46(NKJV)
26:31. Then Jesus said to them, "All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: 'I will strike the Shepherd, And the sheep of the flock will be scattered.'
26:32. "But after I have been raised, I will go before you to Galilee."
26:33. Peter answered and said to Him, "Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble."
26:34. Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you that this night, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times."
26:35. Peter said to Him, "Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You!" And so said all the disciples.
26:36. Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, "Sit here while I go and pray over there."
26:37. And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed.
26:38. Then He said to them, "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me."
26:39. He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You [will."]
26:40. Then He came to the disciples and found them asleep, and said to Peter, "What? Could you not watch with Me one hour?
26:41. "Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed [is] willing, but the flesh [is] weak."
26:42. Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done."
26:43. And He came and found them asleep again, for their eyes were heavy.
26:44. So He left them, went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
26:45. Then He came to His disciples and said to them, "Are [you] still sleeping and resting? Behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners.
26:46. "Rise, let us be going. See, My betrayer is at hand."

✝️🗒️STUDY: Jesus was exceedingly sorrowful at the critical moment in His earthly life and ministry(v.38). He requested some disciples to join Him to watch and pray. Unfortunately, the disciples were sleepy and could not pray even for one hour (vs.40, vs. 43). While Jesus devoted himself to prayer, the disciples were found sleeping on three consecutive occasions (vs.40, vs.43, vs.45) without knowing that the arrest of Jesus was close by. They disappointed the Master when He needed them to pray. Today Jesus still needs and calls men to pray fervently as individuals, families, groups, churches etc. Sometimes such prayers without our knowledge are to prepare for or avert impending temptations. Unfortunately, it is so difficult for some of us disciples to make such sacrifices even for one hour, yet we spend greater periods with the phone, television, friends, associates etc. Failure to pray makes us unprepared to withstand temptations (vs.41).
Jesus received angelic visitation and divine encouragement as He prayed(Luke 22: 43-44). We too can experience divine visitation in the place of prayer during trying moments. Sometimes we forget that we are flesh and blood, and boast like Peter in verse 35. Let us always remember that the arm of flesh will fail, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength (Isa. 40: 31). There is no substitute for prayer. So conquer your flesh today, watch and pray.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord, help me to watch and pray.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:22am On Apr 05, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-05

(Wednesday in the Holy Week)

🎯TOPIC: NEVER DENY JESUS

✝️TEXT: John 18: 1-19,37(NKJV)
18:1. When Jesus had spoken these words, He went out with His disciples over the Brook Kidron, where there was a garden, which He and His disciples entered.
18:2. And Judas, who betrayed Him, also knew the place; for Jesus often met there with His disciples.
18:3. Then Judas, having received a detachment [of troops,] and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons.
18:4. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, "Whom are you seeking?"
18:5. They answered Him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said to them, "I am [He."] And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them.
18:6. Now when He said to them, "I am [He,"] they drew back and fell to the ground.
18:7. Then He asked them again, "Whom are you seeking?" And they said, "Jesus of Nazareth."
18:8. Jesus answered, "I have told you that I am [He.] Therefore, if you seek Me, let these go their way,"
18:9. that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, "Of those whom You gave Me I have lost none."
18:10. Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.
18:11. So Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?"
18:12. Then the detachment [of troops] and the captain and the officers of the Jews arrested Jesus and bound Him.
18:13. And they led Him away to Annas first, for he was the father-in-law of Caiaphas who was high priest that year.
18:14. Now it was Caiaphas who advised the Jews that it was expedient that one man should die for the people.
18:15. And Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so [did] another disciple. Now that disciple was known to the high priest, and went with Jesus into the courtyard of the high priest.
18:16. But Peter stood at the door outside. Then the other disciple, who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to her who kept the door, and brought Peter in.
18:17. Then the servant girl who kept the door said to Peter, "You are not also [one] of this Man's disciples, are you?" He said, "I am not."
18:18. Now the servants and officers who had made a fire of coals stood there, for it was cold, and they warmed themselves. And Peter stood with them and warmed himself.
18:19. The high priest then asked Jesus about His disciples and His doctrine.

✝️🗒️STUDY: There was this sad story of a Pastor who was arrested with others by bandits. Those arrested were separated into two groups, Christians and non-Christians. The Pastor out of fear claimed not to be a Christian, and was grouped among the non-Christians. Unfortunately, the Pastor along with others who claimed to be non-Christians were whisked off for execution, while others were released. Our text today records how Peter denied Jesus three times during the trial of Jesus before the high priest (vs.17,25-27). This unbecoming behaviour contrasts his earlier confident assertion never to deny Jesus (John 13:37) We face situations in our families, workplaces, social media, culture etc when there is a demand to defend the gospel. Some prefer to keep silent so as not to seem fanatical while others out rightly deny Christ in words or actions. What would you have done if you were in Peter's position? Paul said, “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power ofGod unto salvation for everyone who believes.”(Rom.1:16). Are you ashamed of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ? Are there ways in which you deny Jesus in your everyday life? Make up your mind never to deny Jesus in any situation, so that He will acknowledge you before God (. Luke 12:cool.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: O Lord, help me never to he ashamed of the gospel of Christ.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:01am On Apr 06, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-06
(Maundy Thursday)

🎯TOPIC: WASH ONE ANOTHER'S FEET

✝️TEXT: John 13:1-15(NKJV)
13:1. Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come that He should depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.
13:2. And supper being ended, the devil having already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's [son,] to betray Him,
13:3. Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God,
13:4. rose from supper and laid aside His garments, took a towel and girded Himself.
13:5. After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe [them] with the towel with which He was girded.
13:6. Then He came to Simon Peter. And [Peter] said to Him, "Lord, are You washing my feet?"
13:7. Jesus answered and said to him, "What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will know after this."
13:8. Peter said to Him, "You shall never wash my feet!" Jesus answered him, "If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me."
13:9. Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, not my feet only, but also [my] hands and [my] head!"
13:10. Jesus said to him, "He who is bathed needs only to wash [his] feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you."
13:11. For He knew who would betray Him; therefore He said, "You are not all clean."
13:12. So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you?
13:13. "You call me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for [so] I am.
13:14. "If I then, [your] Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.
13:15. "For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Feet washing was a common practice in Israel in the old and new testament eras (Gen. 18:4,19:2;Luke 7:44). Thus, water was often provided near the point of entry to a public place or home (John 2:6). The actual washing was usually done by each person, or by servants (Gen. 24:32; 43:24). It was hardly done by the master or leader, hence Peter's initial objection when Jesus was to wash his feet (vs.6-cool. After the exercise, Jesus took time to explain his actions (vs.12-14). He was passing a strong message to all believers that we have a responsibility to wash the feet of each other.
Can you identify some practical ways of following this example of Jesus? One clear message in verses 4-5 is that of humility. Imagine if you come to a church and the ushers are Bank managers, Professors, high-ranking businesspersons and government workers etc. Their service as ushers in spite of their lofty positions will convey a silent and more powerful message on Christian humility compared to if they were chosen to preach on the same topic. No matter our positions in the church or society, let us learn to associate with others, rendering useful services unto the Lord, without expecting rewards from them. (1 Pet.5:2-4). In this way, we shall follow in His steps (1 Pet.2:21).

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Oh heavenly Father, help me daily to walk in step with the Master in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-07
(Good Friday)

🎯TOPIC: IT IS FINISHED!

✝️TEXT: Luke 23:1-49(NKJV)
23:1. Then the whole multitude of them arose and led Him to Pilate.
23:2. And they began to accuse Him, saying, "We found this [fellow] perverting the nation, and forbidding to pay taxes to Caesar, saying that He Himself is Christ, a King."
23:3. Then Pilate asked Him, saying, "Are You the King of the Jews?" He answered him and said, "[It is as] you say."
23:4. So Pilate said to the chief priests and the crowd, "I find no fault in this Man."
23:5. But they were the more fierce, saying, "He stirs up the people, teaching throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee to this place."
23:6. When Pilate heard of Galilee, he asked if the Man were a Galilean.
23:7. And as soon as he knew that He belonged to Herod's jurisdiction, he sent Him to Herod, who was also in Jerusalem at that time.
23:8. Now when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceedingly glad; for he had desired for a long [time] to see Him, because he had heard many things about Him, and he hoped to see some miracle done by Him.
23:9. Then he questioned Him with many words, but He answered him nothing.
23:10. And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused Him.
23:11. Then Herod, with his men of war, treated Him with contempt and mocked [Him,] arrayed Him in a gorgeous robe, and sent Him back to Pilate.
23:12. That very day Pilate and Herod became friends with each other, for previously they had been at enmity with each other.
23:13. Then Pilate, when he had called together the chief priests, the rulers, and the people,
23:14. said to them, "You have brought this Man to me, as one who misleads the people. And indeed, having examined [Him] in your presence, I have found no fault in this Man concerning those things of which you accuse Him;
23:15. "no, neither did Herod, for I sent you back to him; and indeed nothing deserving of death has been done by Him.
23:16. "I will therefore chastise Him and release [Him"]
23:17. (for it was necessary for him to release one to them at the feast).
23:18. And they all cried out at once, saying, "Away with this [Man,] and release to us Barabbas" --
23:19. who had been thrown into prison for a certain rebellion made in the city, and for murder.
23:20. Pilate, therefore, wishing to release Jesus, again called out to them.
23:21. But they shouted, saying, "Crucify [Him,] crucify Him!"
23:22. Then he said to them the third time, "Why, what evil has He done? I have found no reason for death in Him. I will therefore chastise Him and let [Him] go."
23:23. But they were insistent, demanding with loud voices that He be crucified. And the voices of these men and of the chief priests prevailed.
23:24. So Pilate gave sentence that it should be as they requested.
23:25. And he released to them the one they requested, who for rebellion and murder had been thrown into prison; but he delivered Jesus to their will.
23:26. Now as they led Him away, they laid hold of a certain man, Simon a Cyrenian, who was coming from the country, and on him they laid the cross that he might bear [it] after Jesus.
23:27. And a great multitude of the people followed Him, and women who also mourned and lamented Him.
23:28. But Jesus, turning to them, said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.
23:29. "For indeed the days are coming in which they will say, 'Blessed [are] the barren, wombs that never bore, and breasts which never nursed!'
23:30. "Then they will begin 'to say to the mountains, "Fall on us!" and to the hills, "Cover us!" '
23:31. "For if they do these things in the green wood, what will be done in the dry?"
23:32. There were also two others, criminals, led with Him to be put to death.
23:33. And when they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the criminals, one on the right hand and the other on the left.
23:34. Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." And they divided His garments and cast lots.
35 And the people stood looking on. But even the rulers with them sneered, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God.”
36 The soldiers also mocked Him, coming and offering Him sour wine,
37 and saying, “If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself.”
38 And an inscription also was [i]written over Him in letters of Greek, Latin, and Hebrew:
39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, [j]“If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”
40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?
41 And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.”
42 Then he said [k]to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

44 Now it [l]was about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.
45 Then the sun was [m]darkened, and the veil of the temple was torn in [n]two.
46 And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.’ ” Having said this, He breathed His last.
47 So when the centurion saw what had happened, he glorified God, saying, “Certainly this was a righteous Man!”
48 And the whole crowd who came together to that sight, seeing what had been done, beat their breasts and returned.
49 But all His acquaintances, and the women who followed Him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Every Good Friday, we commemorate the sacrificial death of our Lord Jesus Christ. Pilate and Herod found Him innocent yet, He was still crucified to fulfill the Scriptures (vs.14-15; Isa.53:8-9). He was condemned and crucified with two criminals (vs.32-33; Isa.53:12b). Jesus died a slow and painful death reserved for criminals, to set us free (1 Pet.2:24). Finally Jesus said, “it is finished!” and fulfilled all requirements for our salvation (John 19:30).
Jesus was presented before governors, religious rulers, soldiers, criminals, the women and the crowd. These scoffed, abused and rejected Him except one of the thieves and the women who cried for Him. Similarly, Jesus is still presented today to all through the gospel to give men opportunity to be saved. Some still reject Him to satisfy the crowd and protect their positions like Pilate, others make jest of Him like the soldiers. Some respond like the thief who is interested only in solving his immediate physical need, others like the women, touched by His sufferings but need to cry for their salvation or the crowd who prefer murderers like Barabbas in the society. Only one of the thieves seized the golden opportunity and obtained the ticket for paradise (vs.43) What is your response today? Jesus paid the ultimate price required by God for our salvation. Please accept the sacrifice of Jesus by making Him your Lord and personal Savior. Will you?

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Thank you Lord Jesus that you paid the full price for my salvation. Come into my heart to be the Lord and savior of my soul.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:49am On Apr 08, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-08
(Saturday of the Holy Week/Easter Eve)

🎯TOPIC: AN ENDURING MINISTRY OF LOVE

✝️TEXT: Matthew 27:57-66(NKJV)
27:57. Now when evening had come, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who himself had also become a disciple of Jesus.
27:58. This man went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be given to him.
27:59. When Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,
27:60. and laid it in his new tomb which he had hewn out of the rock; and he rolled a large stone against the door of the tomb, and departed.
27:61. And Mary Magdalene was there, and the other Mary, sitting opposite the tomb.
27:62. On the next day, which followed the Day of Preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees gathered together to Pilate,
27:63. saying, "Sir, we remember, while He was still alive, how that deceiver said, 'After three days I will rise.'
27:64. "Therefore command that the tomb be made secure until the third day, lest His disciples come by night and steal Him [away,] and say to the people, 'He has risen from the dead.' So the last deception will be worse than the first."
27:65. Pilate said to them, "You have a guard; go your way, make [it] as secure as you know how."
27:66. So they went and made the tomb secure, sealing the stone and setting the guard.

✝️🗒️STUDY: This passage contains important lessons on the enduring ministry of love of some followers of Jesus. Mary Magdalene, the other Mary, and some other women followed Jesus from Galilee, supporting His ministry from their resources (vs.61;Mark 15:40-41). Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus were leaders of their society and secret disciples of Jesus (vs.57;John 19:38-40). Joseph had opposed the decision of the Council to arrest and execute Jesus, but could not stop it (Luke 23:50-51). He boldly got permission from Pilate, took the body of Jesus and buried it in his own tomb, assisted by Nicodemus (vs.58-60; John 19:38-40).
Beloved, let your ministry of love for the Lord be evident at all times, even during periods of adversity. Joseph of Arimathea and others showed love to Jesus even when Jesus was dead and seemingly 'unable' to reward them. Hence, continually do good for the progress of God's work even when it seems as if you are not going to receive anything from God or men. Do not be like some of the Jewish leaders who continually opposed the ministry of Jesus, They sealed the tomb, posted soldiers to guard it and bribed the guards to spread a false report about the resurrection (Matt. 28:11-15). May we never place ourselves in opposition to the gospel of Christ. Show love to your Pastor and fellow brethren.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: O Lord, may I love you always and show it in all I say and do. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-09
(Easter Sunday)

🎯TOPIC: THE RESURRECTION

✝️TEXT:John 20:1-18(NKJV)
20:1. Now on the first [day] of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw [that] the stone had been taken away from the tomb.
20:2. Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and said to them, "They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him."
20:3. Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb.
20:4. So they both ran together, and the other disciple outran Peter and came to the tomb first.
20:5. And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the linen cloths lying [there;] yet he did not go in.
20:6. Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloths lying [there,]
20:7. and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself.
20:8. Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed.
20:9. For as yet they did not know the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead.
20:10. Then the disciples went away again to their own homes.
20:11. But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down [and looked] into the tomb.
20:12. And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
20:13. Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him."
20:14. Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing [there,] and did not know that it was Jesus.
20:15. Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
20:16. Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him, "Rabboni!" (which is to say, Teacher).
20:17. Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and [to] My God and your God.' "
20:18. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and [that] He had spoken these things to her.

✝️🗒️STUDY: The resurrection reality and its centrality in the Christian faith is the basis of our yearly Easter celebration. Mary Magdalene met an empty tomb, and ran back and told Peter and John her experience (vs. 1-2). The two apostles confirmed her story at the tomb (vs.3-7). Such experiences helped to shape their faith and ministry, making Peter to declare, “We were eye witnesses of His majesty” (2 Pet. 1:16). John also declared “That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, seen with our eyes...”(1 John 1:1). Surely, the resurrection of Jesus is the assurance that our faith rests upon solid spiritual and physical foundations!
Learn from Mary's persistence. While the apostles who were close to Jesus went back to their homes, Mary stayed near the tomb. This teaches that our spiritual level with God should not be limited by negative behaviours of other Christians who might be leaders. Mary was not also satisfied with seeing angels inside the tomb, unlike some today who are satisfied with only the supernatural encounters they have with pastors and preachers. She demonstrated great love even when Jesus was 'not there to see or reward her'. Yet, Jesus saw her love and persistence. Beloved, persist in waiting in His presence every day and He will lead you into higher spiritual dimensions with messages for your generation!

✝️🙏 PRAYER: O risen Lord, may we prepare ourselves to rise with you on the resurrection day.

Happy Easter everyone
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:39am On Apr 10, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-10

🎯TOPIC: THEIR EYES WERE OPENED

✝️TEXT:24:13. Now behold, two of them were traveling that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was seven miles from Jerusalem.
24:14. And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
24:15. So it was, while they conversed and reasoned, that Jesus Himself drew near and went with them.
24:16. But their eyes were restrained, so that they did not know Him.
24:17. And He said to them, "What kind of conversation [is] this that you have with one another as you walk and are sad?"
24:18. Then the one whose name was Cleopas answered and said to Him, "Are You the only stranger in Jerusalem, and have You not known the things which happened there in these days?"
24:19. And He said to them, "What things?" So they said to Him, "The things concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people,
24:20. "and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him.
24:21. "But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day since these things happened.
24:22. "Yes, and certain women of our company, who arrived at the tomb early, astonished us.
24:23. "When they did not find His body, they came saying that they had also seen a vision of angels who said He was alive.
24:24. "And certain of those [who were] with us went to the tomb and found [it] just as the women had said; but Him they did not see."
24:25. Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
24:26. "Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?"
24:27. And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
24:28. Then they drew near to the village where they were going, and He indicated that He would have gone farther.
24:29. But they constrained Him, saying, "Abide with us, for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent." And He went in to stay with them.
24:30. Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke [it,] and gave it to them.
24:31. Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight.
24:32. And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?"
24:33. So they rose up that very hour and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven and those [who were] with them gathered together,
24:34. saying, "The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon!"
24:35. And they told about the things [that had happened] on the road, and how He was known to them in the breaking of bread.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Cleopas and another disciple were walking to Emmaus and Jesus joined them. They discussed the crucifixion and their fear that their religious and political leaders have terminated the Messianic ministry of Jesus. Surprisingly they did not recognize Jesus. He however expounded Scriptures from the Old Testament concerning the Messiah, and how the crucifixion had fulfilled biblical prophecies (v.27). Towards evening, they invited Jesus to stay with them and he obliged them. Their eyes became opened to recognize Him when He broke bread and he disappeared from their midst vs.31). They went back with joy, not minding the time, to spread the good news about the risen Lord to the eleven disciples.

Beloved, Jesus is known by revelation. You can be knowledgeable about biblical writings or be known as a disciple, without understanding the implication of His sacrifice at Calvary on your personal life. When their spiritual eyes were opened, the time of the day, their mission and sacrifice of walking eleven kilometers to Emmaus became unimportant. Their utmost concern was to spread the good news of the risen Savior. This shows that real understanding and touch from the Master changes our priorities in life, ignites our hearts, to make His gospel our utmost pursuit. Earnestly pray that your spiritual eyes be opened, your hearts ignited to understand Jesus through the Scriptures, to become a messenger of the good news.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: O Lord, open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen (Psalm 119:18)
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 9:34am On Apr 11, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-11

🎯TOPIC: WHY ARE YOU TROUBLED?

✝️TEXT:Luke 24:36-49(NKJV)
24:36. Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, "Peace to you."
24:37. But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit.
24:38. And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?
24:39. "Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
24:40. When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.
24:41. But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, "Have you any food here?"
24:42. So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb.
24:43. And He took [it] and ate in their presence.
24:44. Then He said to them, "These [are] the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and [the] Prophets and [the] Psalms concerning Me."
24:45. And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.
24:46. Then He said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,
24:47. "and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
24:48. "And you are witnesses of these things.
24:49. "Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high."

✝️🗒️STUDY:Jesus appeared physically to the troubled and doubting disciples as they listened to the story about His appearance at Emmaus (v.36). He requested them to touch Him and ate broiled fish in their presence(v.39,43) to prove that He is the risen Christ. He appeared “by many infallible proofs "over the next 40-days before His ascension (Acts l: 1-3; John 21: 1, 7 and 1 Corinthians 15: 3-cool.
Today we are faced by many situations that trouble us and even cast doubts on the authenticity of God's word. Jesus still appears through His word or other means, to many who are troubled, or who seek God diligently. His message during troubled times is threefold in our text which is, to be strengthened by the reality of His resurrection power. His conquest over death shows that His power is Almighty and able to handle all our troubles. Secondly He wishes to open our hearts to understand the Scripture which will stabilise us in moments of confusion.(vs.45). He also wishes us to be endowed with the power of the Holy Spirit to enable to fulfil His mission in our lives (vs.49). As He told Thomas in John 20: 29, all that is required is for us to believe, even when we have not seen Him physically. In the same way, whatever it is that troubles us, He still says to us “Peace be still"(v.36; Mark4:39).

✝️🙏 PRAYER: “Be still and know that I am God”(Psa. 46:10)
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-12

🎯TOPIC: BREAD OF LIFE

✝️TEXT: John 6: 32-40(NKJV)
6:32. Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven.
6:33. "For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."
6:34. Then they said to Him, "Lord, give us this bread always."
6:35. And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.
6:36. "But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe.
6:37. "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
6:38. "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
6:39. "This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
6:40. "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

✝️🗒️STUDY:During the 40-years in the wilderness, from Egypt to the promised land, God fed the people of Israel with manna from heaven (Exo.16: 11-15, 35). The manna usually fell like dew in the mornings, and in the evenings, quail that served as meat. The manna ceased when they entered the Promised Land and ate its produce (Josh.5: 12). Unfortunately, in spite of these spectacular miracles, many of the Israelites did not exercise faith in God and so they died (Psa. 78: 22-25; Heb. 3: 19). In verses 30-31 of our passage, the Jews demanded miraculous signs from Jesus, referring to the miraculous manna in the desert. Jesus used the opportunity to teach them that He is the true Bread from heaven that gives life to the world. He reprimanded them for lack of faith in Him like their ancestors and taught that eternal life in Him was more important than miracles.
Jesus shows clearly that anyone who comes to Him will neither hunger nor thirst but will receive full rest and satisfaction (v.35). This satisfaction starts from this life and ends up in eternal life (vs.37, 40). Since we have this great opportunity of knowing Christ, let us believe and trust Him fully and we shall have abundant life (John 10: 10). Let us strive to eat the bread of life daily by studying the scriptures and our lives will be changed for good.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more...(Song by Roonie Booth)
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:33am On Apr 13, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-13

🎯TOPIC: WITH JESUS, WE CAN EXCEL

✝️TEXT: John 21: 1-14(NKJV)
21:1. After these things Jesus showed Himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberias, and in this way He showed [Himself:]
21:2. Simon Peter, Thomas called the Twin, Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, the [sons] of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together.
21:3. Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.
21:4. But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus.
21:5. Then Jesus said to them, "Children, have you any food?" They answered Him, "No."
21:6. And He said to them, "Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find [some."] So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish.
21:7. Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!" Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on [his] outer garment (for he had removed it), and plunged into the sea.
21:8. But the other disciples came in the little boat (for they were not far from land, but about two hundred cubits), dragging the net with fish.
21:9. Then, as soon as they had come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid on it, and bread.
21:10. Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish which you have just caught."
21:11. Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not broken.
21:12. Jesus said to them, "Come [and] eat breakfast." Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, "Who are You?" -- knowing that it was the Lord.
21:13. Jesus then came and took the bread and gave it to them, and likewise the fish.
21:14. This [is] now the third time Jesus showed Himself to His disciples after He was raised from the dead.

✝️🗒️STUDY:The disciples laboured all night without catching fish although they were experienced fishermen. They were from Galilee and were familiar with the fishing environment (Matt. 4: 18, 21). Why were they not successful that night? They had the boat, net, skills, were at the right time and place. Could it be that they departed from their assignment of fishing for souls? They left their nets in Matt. 4: 19-20, and were not expected to return to their trade when Jesus called them. Beloved, many may prosper in various vocations, but when we as believers labor in same outside God's will for us, we may have an experience of gaining little or nothing from our efforts like these disciples.(Eccl.2: 11).
Jesus showed the disciples where to cast their net. In any project we do, there would always be “the right side.” As we depend on God, He will show us that right side and what to do to prosper without a torn net. He will create fruitfulness from a proven unfruitful venture for His power is greater than our skills and experience. Surely, obedience to His word is the pathway to super abundant prosperity with His protection. In this way, we can excel without stressing ourselves or destroying our equipment. You are not of the world. Hold on to Jesus and His words, remain in your area of calling and you will excel.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Help me O lord to always live and move in accordance with your will for me. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:58am On Apr 14, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-14

🎯TOPIC: DO YOU LOVE ME?

✝️TEXT: John 21: 15-17(NKJV)
21:15. So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, [son] of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Feed My lambs."
21:16. He said to him again a second time, "Simon, [son] of Jonah, do you love Me?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Tend My sheep."
21:17. He said to him the third time, "Simon, [son] of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep.

✝️🗒️STUDY:Jesus asked Simon Peter whether he loved him three times in this short passage. Peter himself was grieved when the question came the third time (v.17). His response each time was in the affirmative, “Yes Lord, you know that I love you. "One may wonder why this question was directed to Peter only, and not to the other disciples. It could be because Peter was the one who drew the other disciples away on that particular fishing exercise (v.3) In any case, Jesus redirected Peter to what should be his focus for the rest of his life, not just as a fisher of men (Matt.4:19), but also as a shepherd. Notice the phrase “Tend my sheep” or“Feed my sheep” in the three verses. Surely the proof of your love for God in not in mere words but is demonstrated in commitment towards building up weaker brethren unto maturity.
Is there any way you have abandoned your main responsibility, or lost your first love for the Lord Jesus Christ, as a Christian (Rev.2:4-5)? Have you become lukewarm in your faith or devoted your love and energies to the cares of this life to the detriment of your relationship with God (Luke 21:34)? Has your behaviour also made others who are looking up to you to derail from their calling? As Jesus restored Peter, may you take necessary steps today to receive full restoration.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: O Lord, enable me to love you with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my mind and with all my strength.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:19am On Apr 15, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-15

🎯TOPIC: FOLLOW ME

✝️TEXT: John 21:18-25(NKJV)
21:18. "Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry [you] where you do not wish."
21:19. This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, "Follow Me."
21:20. Then Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following, who also had leaned on His breast at the supper, and said, "Lord, who is the one who betrays You?"
21:21. Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, "But Lord, what [about] this man?"
21:22. Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain till I come, what [is that] to you? You follow Me."
21:23. Then this saying went out among the brethren that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but, "If I will that he remain till I come, what [is that] to you?"
21:24. This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true.
21:25. And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

✝️🗒️STUDY:In verse 18-19, Jesus spoke prophetically that the kind of death Peter will face would glorify God. To fulfil verse 19, Peter may have“glorified God”through death by crucifixion, according to history. Instead of asking Jesus the implication of His words, Peter asked to know what would be the fate of John, the disciple “whom Jesus loved.” (vs.20). Jesus in verse 22 told Peter that his concern should not be about John. His focus should be to “Follow me.” Beloved, the life experiences and areas of calling God has prepared for us all are different in our journey to heaven. So this is a strong message to believers, to pay close attention to our personal relationship with God and how we follow in His steps (1 Pet. 2:21). Jesus also stressed the need for time consciousness for as we age, the energy may not be there to do either all we want to do or should have done for the gospel(vs.18). Verses 24-25 show that the author of the book was a firsthand witness of what he wrote. His report is a factual and reliable record of the Word becoming flesh and dwelling among us (John 1: 1;1 John 1: 1-3). The testimony in John's gospel is true, just as all Scripture is true and came from God (v.24; 2 Tim. 3: 16). Let us therefore follow Christ without wavering.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: I have decided to follow Jesus (x3), No going back, No going back.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:56am On Apr 16, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-16
(First Sunday after Easter)

🎯TOPIC: THE GREAT TESTIMONY

✝️TEXT: Luke 24: 1-12(NKJV)
24:1. Now on the first [day] of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain [other women] with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared.
24:2. But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb.
24:3. Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
24:4. And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments.
24:5. Then, as they were afraid and bowed [their] faces to the earth, they said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead?
24:6. "He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee,
24:7. "saying, 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.' "
24:8. And they remembered His words.
24:9. Then they returned from the tomb and told all these things to the eleven and to all the rest.
24:10. It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary [the mother] of James, and the other [women] with them, who told these things to the apostles.
24:11. And their words seemed to them like idle tales, and they did not believe them.
24:12. But Peter arose and ran to the tomb; and stooping down, he saw the linen cloths lying by themselves; and he departed, marveling to himself at what had happened.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Mary Magdalene and some women went early to the tomb on the first day of the week. They discovered an empty tomb without the body of Jesus. In their perplexity, two men in shining garments appeared and said, “He is not here, but is risen!” The women left and gave this great testimony to the eleven apostles who did not believe, but Peter ran to the tomb and confirmed that the testimony was true and marvelled I greatly.
Women went to serve the Lord and got a great testimony. Do not be a doubting disciple of God's word, but practice it as Peter and you will confirm that it is true. Decide today to do a special work for God, and may He surprise you with a testimony. May God send you destiny helpers who will give you the information you need to succeed as He sent angels to the women. The testimony of the women made Peter to go to the tomb. Similarly, testifying about God's dealings in your life and ministry will draw someone to Jesus. Your sex is not an excuse in serving the Lord! God works with available vessels, not men with titles who are walking in unbelief and lack of commitment. The stones and obstacles you are worried about as a hindrance will be taken care of if you move by faith. Arise and testify today.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, please grant me a notable testimony today as I surrender my life to your service in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:45am On Apr 17, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-17

🎯TOPIC: JEPHTHAH'S VOW

✝️TEXT: Judges 11(NKJV)
11:1. Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valor, but he [was] the son of a harlot; and Gilead begot Jephthah.
11:2. Gilead's wife bore sons; and when his wife's sons grew up, they drove Jephthah out, and said to him, "You shall have no inheritance in our father's house, for you [are] the son of another woman."
11:3. Then Jephthah fled from his brothers and dwelt in the land of Tob; and worthless men banded together with Jephthah and went out [raiding] with him.
11:4. It came to pass after a time that the people of Ammon made war against Israel.
11:5. And so it was, when the people of Ammon made war against Israel, that the elders of Gilead went to get Jephthah from the land of Tob.
11:6. Then they said to Jephthah, "Come and be our commander, that we may fight against the people of Ammon."
11:7. So Jephthah said to the elders of Gilead, "Did you not hate me, and expel me from my father's house? Why have you come to me now when you are in distress?"
11:8. And the elders of Gilead said to Jephthah, "That is why we have turned again to you now, that you may go with us and fight against the people of Ammon, and be our head over all the inhabitants of Gilead."
11:9. So Jephthah said to the elders of Gilead, "If you take me back home to fight against the people of Ammon, and the LORD delivers them to me, shall I be your head?"
11:10. And the elders of Gilead said to Jephthah, "The LORD will be a witness between us, if we do not do according to your words."
11:11. Then Jephthah went with the elders of Gilead, and the people made him head and commander over them; and Jephthah spoke all his words before the LORD in Mizpah.
11:12. Now Jephthah sent messengers to the king of the people of Ammon, saying, "What do you have against me, that you have come to fight against me in my land?"
11:13. And the king of the people of Ammon answered the messengers of Jephthah, "Because Israel took away my land when they came up out of Egypt, from the Arnon as far as the Jabbok, and to the Jordan. Now therefore, restore those [lands] peaceably."
11:14. So Jephthah again sent messengers to the king of the people of Ammon,
11:15. and said to him, "Thus says Jephthah: 'Israel did not take away the land of Moab, nor the land of the people of Ammon;
11:16. 'for when Israel came up from Egypt, they walked through the wilderness as far as the Red Sea and came to Kadesh.
11:17. 'Then Israel sent messengers to the king of Edom, saying, "Please let me pass through your land." But the king of Edom would not heed. And in like manner they sent to the king of Moab, but he would not [consent.] So Israel remained in Kadesh.
11:18. 'And they went along through the wilderness and bypassed the land of Edom and the land of Moab, came to the east side of the land of Moab, and encamped on the other side of the Arnon. But they did not enter the border of Moab, for the Arnon [was] the border of Moab.
11:19. 'Then Israel sent messengers to Sihon king of the Amorites, king of Heshbon; and Israel said to him, "Please let us pass through your land into our place."
11:20. 'But Sihon did not trust Israel to pass through his territory. So Sihon gathered all his people together, encamped in Jahaz, and fought against Israel.
11:21. 'And the LORD God of Israel delivered Sihon and all his people into the hand of Israel, and they defeated them. Thus Israel gained possession of all the land of the Amorites, who inhabited that country.
11:22. 'They took possession of all the territory of the Amorites, from the Arnon to the Jabbok and from the wilderness to the Jordan.
11:23. 'And now the LORD God of Israel has dispossessed the Amorites from before His people Israel; should you then possess it?
11:24. 'Will you not possess whatever Chemosh your god gives you to possess? So whatever the LORD our God takes possession of before us, we will possess.
11:25. 'And now, [are] you any better than Balak the son of Zippor, king of Moab? Did he ever strive against Israel? Did he ever fight against them?
26 While Israel dwelt in Heshbon and its villages, in Aroer and its villages, and in all the cities along the banks of the Arnon, for three hundred years, why did you not recover them within that time? 27 Therefore I have not sinned against you, but you wronged me by fighting against me. May the Lord, the Judge, render judgment this day between the children of Israel and the people of Ammon.’ ” 28 However, the king of the people of Ammon did not heed the words which Jephthah sent him.

29 Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jephthah, and he passed through Gilead and Manasseh, and passed through Mizpah of Gilead; and from Mizpah of Gilead he advanced toward the people of Ammon. 30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said, “If You will indeed deliver the people of Ammon into my hands, 31 then it will be that whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the people of Ammon, shall surely be the Lord’s, and I will offer it up as a burnt offering.”
32 So Jephthah advanced toward the people of Ammon to fight against them, and the Lord delivered them into his hands. 33 And he defeated them from Aroer as far as Minnith—twenty cities—and to Abel Keramim, with a very great slaughter. Thus the people of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.

34 When Jephthah came to his house at Mizpah, there was his daughter, coming out to meet him with timbrels and dancing; and she was his only child. Besides her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he tore his clothes, and said, “Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low! You are among those who trouble me! For I have given my word to the Lord, and I cannot [h]go back on it.”
36 So she said to him, “My father, if you have given your word to the Lord, do to me according to what has gone out of your mouth, because the Lord has avenged you of your enemies, the people of Ammon.” 37 Then she said to her father, “Let this thing be done for me: let me alone for two months, that I may go and wander on the mountains and bewail my virginity, my friends and I.”
38 So he said, “Go.” And he sent her away for two months; and she went with her friends, and bewailed her virginity on the mountains. 39 And it was so at the end of two months that she returned to her father, and he carried out his vow with her which he had vowed. She [k]knew no man.
And it became a custom in Israel 40 that the daughters of Israel went four days each year to [l]lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Jephthah was a mighty man but also the son of a harlot- an impediment that made him to be banished from his father’s house. However, the Israelites who rejected him approached him to be their commander when the Ammonites made war against them. Jephthah made an irrational vow to God to sacrifice whatever comes out of his house upon his victorious return. God gave Jephthah victory. Sadly, his only daughter was first to welcome him upon his return and Jephthah fulfilled his vow irrespective of his emotions,

Have your rights been denied you? Allow God to fight for you. Your indecent background should not affect God’s future plan for you. God is still in the business of transforming the mess in your life into a message for His glory. You just need His Spirit and obedience to succeed in every area of your life (vs.29). Also, develop your skills privately like Jephthah for the occasion for its need might come up in the future. Learn like Jephthah to pray over life endeavors with its challenges. You can make rational vows of what you will do for God if He gives you victory. Fulfill your vow for the consequences of neglect can be grievous (Eccl. 5:4-6). Do you have unfulfilled vows you made to your wife, children, friends, colleagues or church? Please go and fulfill them as soon as possible.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Grant me O God, the grace to fulfill my vows in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:02am On Apr 18, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-18

🎯TOPIC: THE DANGER OF STUBBORNNESS

✝️TEXT: Judges 12: 1-15(NKJV)
12:1. Then the men of Ephraim gathered together, crossed over toward Zaphon, and said to Jephthah, "Why did you cross over to fight against the people of Ammon, and did not call us to go with you? We will burn your house down on you with fire!"
12:2. And Jephthah said to them, "My people and I were in a great struggle with the people of Ammon; and when I called you, you did not deliver me out of their hands.
12:3. "So when I saw that you would not deliver [me,] I took my life in my hands and crossed over against the people of Ammon; and the LORD delivered them into my hand. Why then have you come up to me this day to fight against me?"
12:4. Now Jephthah gathered together all the men of Gilead and fought against Ephraim. And the men of Gilead defeated Ephraim, because they said, "You Gileadites [are] fugitives of Ephraim among the Ephraimites [and] among the Manassites."
12:5. The Gileadites seized the fords of the Jordan before the Ephraimites [arrived.] And when [any] Ephraimite who escaped said, "Let me cross over," the men of Gilead would say to him, "[Are] you an Ephraimite?" If he said, "No,"
12:6. then they would say to him, "Then say, 'Shibboleth'!" And he would say, "Sibboleth," for he could not pronounce [it] right. Then they would take him and kill him at the fords of the Jordan. There fell at that time forty-two thousand Ephraimites.
12:7. And Jephthah judged Israel six years. Then Jephthah the Gileadite died and was buried in among the cities of Gilead.
12:8. After him, Ibzan of Bethlehem judged Israel.
12:9. He had thirty sons. And he gave away thirty daughters in marriage, and brought in thirty daughters from elsewhere for his sons. He judged Israel seven years.
12:10. Then Ibzan died and was buried at Bethlehem.
12:11. After him, Elon the Zebulunite judged Israel. He judged Israel ten years.
12:12. And Elon the Zebulunite died and was buried at Aijalon in the country of Zebulun.
12:13. After him, Abdon the son of Hillel the Pirathonite judged Israel.
12:14. He had forty sons and thirty grandsons, who rode on seventy young donkeys. He judged Israel eight years.
12:15. Then Abdon the son of Hillel the Pirathonite died and was buried in Pirathon in the land of Ephraim, in the mountains of the Amalekites.

✝️🗒️STUDY: The Ephramites scolded Jephthah for not involving them in the war with the Ammonites and threatened to destroy him and his house with fire. Jephthah replied that when he called on them for help in the war against the Ammonites, they were not interested and so he took up the responsibility for his destiny and fought the war; and God gave him victory. Jephthah then asked the Ephraimites why they had come to fight against him. Since there was no resolution of the matter due to the stubbornness of the Ephraimites, Jephthah mustered the Gileadites and defeated the Ephraimites killing over 42, 000 at the fords of Jordan. After judging Israel for six years, Jephthah died.
Stubbornness is refusal to change one's views, which led to an unnecessary war and the death of thousands of Ephraimites. The Bible says that sudden destruction awaits those who refuse rebuke (Prov.29: 1). Children should accept corrections from their parents, guardians and teachers. Family misunderstandings should be settled through dialogue and not through fighting. Do not engage in fighting over food, land, wine, money, women, men, friends, economic trees, etc. Do not spark up quarrels like the Ammonites and Ephraimites. Irrational decisions based on stubbornness can lead to irreversible negative consequences. So dialogue, settle amicably and follow the path of peace. Be a peacemaker (Matt.5: 9).

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord, May your grace be sufficient for me to settle any dispute peacefully in Jesus name.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 5:07am On Apr 19, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-19

🎯TOPIC: BORN TO DELIVER

✝️ TEXT: Judges 13: 1-25(NKJV)
13:1. Again the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and the LORD delivered them into the hand of the Philistines for forty years.
13:2. Now there was a certain man from Zorah, of the family of the Danites, whose name [was] Manoah; and his wife [was] barren and had no children.
13:3. And the Angel of the LORD appeared to the woman and said to her, "Indeed now, you are barren and have borne no children, but you shall conceive and bear a son.
13:4. "Now therefore, please be careful not to drink wine or [similar] drink, and not to eat anything unclean.
13:5. "For behold, you shall conceive and bear a son. And no razor shall come upon his head, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb; and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines."
13:6. So the woman came and told her husband, saying, "A Man of God came to me, and His countenance [was] like the countenance of the Angel of God, very awesome; but I did not ask Him where He [was] from, and He did not tell me His name.
13:7. "And He said to me, 'Behold, you shall conceive and bear a son. Now drink no wine or [similar] drink, nor eat anything unclean, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb to the day of his death.' "
13:8. Then Manoah prayed to the LORD, and said, "O my Lord, please let the Man of God whom You sent come to us again and teach us what we shall do for the child who will be born."
13:9. And God listened to the voice of Manoah, and the Angel of God came to the woman again as she was sitting in the field; but Manoah her husband [was] not with her.
13:10. Then the woman ran in haste and told her husband, and said to him, "Look, the Man who came to me the [other] day has just now appeared to me!"
13:11. So Manoah arose and followed his wife. When he came to the Man, he said to Him, "Are You the Man who spoke to this woman?" And He said, "I [am."]
13:12. Manoah said, "Now let Your words come [to pass!] What will be the boy's rule of life, and his work?"
13:13. So the Angel of the LORD said to Manoah, "Of all that I said to the woman let her be careful.
13:14. "She may not eat anything that comes from the vine, nor may she drink wine or [similar] drink, nor eat anything unclean. All that I commanded her let her observe."
13:15. Then Manoah said to the Angel of the LORD, "Please let us detain You, and we will prepare a young goat for You."
13:16. And the Angel of the LORD said to Manoah, "Though you detain Me, I will not eat your food. But if you offer a burnt offering, you must offer it to the LORD." (For Manoah did not know He [was] the Angel of the LORD.)
13:17. Then Manoah said to the Angel of the LORD, "What [is] Your name, that when Your words come [to pass] we may honor You?"
13:18. And the Angel of the LORD said to him, "Why do you ask My name, seeing it [is] wonderful?"
13:19. So Manoah took the young goat with the grain offering, and offered it upon the rock to the LORD. And He did a wondrous thing while Manoah and his wife looked on --
13:20. it happened as the flame went up toward heaven from the altar -- the Angel of the LORD ascended in the flame of the altar! When Manoah and his wife saw [this,] they fell on their faces to the ground.
13:21. When the Angel of the LORD appeared no more to Manoah and his wife, then Manoah knew that He [was] the Angel of the LORD.
13:22. And Manoah said to his wife, "We shall surely die, because we have seen God!"
13:23. But his wife said to him, "If the LORD had desired to kill us, He would not have accepted a burnt offering and a grain offering from our hands, nor would He have shown us all these [things,] nor would He have told us [such things] as these at this time."
13:24. So the woman bore a son and called his name Samson; and the child grew, and the LORD blessed him.
13:25. And the Spirit of the LORD began to move upon him at Mahaneh Dan between Zorah and Eshtaol.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Israelites sinned and God allowed them to be under Philistine captivity for forty years. God chose the family of Manoah from Dan whose wife was barren to raise a deliverer. An angel told Manoah’s wife that she would bear a son who would deliver Israel. She was warned not to drink alcoholic drinks or eat unclean food. No razor was to touch the hair of the child who would be a Nazirite (separated unto God).. Manoah prayed for a second angelic visitation, which God granted. In due season, Samson was born and the Spirit of God was with him. Our God is still in the business of terminating barreness in every area if we remain faithful. .

Note that sin leads to captivity. God allowed the Philistines to enslave His people Israel when they sinned for He is no respecter of persons. Samson as a Nazirite must have no defilement of any kind. Alcoholic drinks, was unacceptable for him or his mother. Any instrument for God needs high levels of separation and sacrificial commitment. Are you bound by a sinful behavior such as sexual immorality, drinking alcoholic drinks like palm wine, beer, gin or Schnapps? Do you smoke cigarettes or use hard drugs? As God’s temple, He calls you today to repent and stop defiling your body (1 Cor.6:18-19) so that you can be a deliverer in your generation.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Deliver me O Lord from sinful behaviors in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:40am On Apr 21, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-21

🎯TOPIC: INTERVENTIONS OF GOD

✝️ TEXT: Judges 15: 1-20(NKJV)
15:1. After a while, in the time of wheat harvest, it happened that Samson visited his wife with a young goat. And he said, "Let me go in to my wife, into [her] room." But her father would not permit him to go in.
15:2. Her father said, "I really thought that you thoroughly hated her; therefore I gave her to your companion. [Is] not her younger sister better than she? Please, take her instead."
15:3. And Samson said to them, "This time I shall be blameless regarding the Philistines if I harm them!"
15:4. Then Samson went and caught three hundred foxes; and he took torches, turned [the foxes] tail to tail, and put a torch between each pair of tails.
15:5. When he had set the torches on fire, he let [the foxes] go into the standing grain of the Philistines, and burned up both the shocks and the standing grain, as well as the vineyards [and] olive groves.
15:6. Then the Philistines said, "Who has done this?" And they answered, "Samson, the son-in-law of the Timnite, because he has taken his wife and given her to his companion." So the Philistines came up and burned her and her father with fire.
15:7. Samson said to them, "Since you would do a thing like this, I will surely take revenge on you, and after that I will cease."
15:8. So he attacked them hip and thigh with a great slaughter; then he went down and dwelt in the cleft of the rock of Etam.
15:9. Now the Philistines went up, encamped in Judah, and deployed themselves against Lehi.
15:10. And the men of Judah said, "Why have you come up against us?" So they answered, "We have come up to arrest Samson, to do to him as he has done to us."
15:11. Then three thousand men of Judah went down to the cleft of the rock of Etam, and said to Samson, "Do you not know that the Philistines rule over us? What [is] this you have done to us?" And he said to them, "As they did to me, so I have done to them."
15:12. But they said to him, "We have come down to arrest you, that we may deliver you into the hand of the Philistines." Then Samson said to them, "Swear to me that you will not kill me yourselves."
15:13. So they spoke to him, saying, "No, but we will tie you securely and deliver you into their hand; but we will surely not kill you." And they bound him with two new ropes and brought him up from the rock.
15:14. When he came to Lehi, the Philistines came shouting against him. Then the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him; and the ropes that [were] on his arms became like flax that is burned with fire, and his bonds broke loose from his hands.
15:15. He found a fresh jawbone of a donkey, reached out his hand and took it, and killed a thousand men with it.
15:16. Then Samson said: "With the jawbone of a donkey, Heaps upon heaps, With the jawbone of a donkey I have slain a thousand men!"
15:17. And so it was, when he had finished speaking, that he threw the jawbone from his hand, and called that place Ramath Lehi.
15:18. Then he became very thirsty; so he cried out to the LORD and said, "You have given this great deliverance by the hand of Your servant; and now shall I die of thirst and fall into the hand of the uncircumcised?"
15:19. So God split the hollow place that [is] in Lehi, and water came out, and he drank; and his spirit returned, and he revived. Therefore he called its name En Hakkore, which is in Lehi to this day.
15:20. And he judged Israel twenty years in the days of the Philistines.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Samson’s destiny was to be a deliverer to Israel. However, his wrong attitude in seeking to marry a Philistine wife brought him at loggerheads with the Philistines. His discovery that his wife was given to someone else made him destroy the Philistines crops. The Philistines burnt Samson’s wife and her father and Samson retaliated by slaughtering them and withdrawing to the rock of Etam. The Philistines deployed their men for Samson’s arrest. The men of Judah handed Samson over to them peacefully. At the battle of Lehi, the Spirit of the Lord intervened and enabled Samson to kill 1,000 Philistines. Samson became so thirsty that he was near death but God intervened on his behalf and water came out at Lehi, which he drank and became revived. Beloved, God can still split open hollow places to meet your need, like He did for Samson, if you call upon Him.

God has a plan for your life (Jer. 29:11). Discover this plan and go ahead to fulfill it. However, you need His Spirit to succeed and burn off the ropes that hinder your freedom. Be focused on your God-given destiny. Decide to live to please God and He will always intervene and give you victory over your enemies (Isa. 54: 17). May God intervene for you today and grant you success as you walk in His will.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: My faith looks up to You, my Lord. Help me fulfil my destiny in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:17am On Apr 22, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-22

🎯TOPIC: SIN KILLS

✝️ TEXT: Judges 16: 1-31(NKJV)
16:1. Now Samson went to Gaza and saw a harlot there, and went in to her.
16:2. [When] the Gazites [were told,] "Samson has come here!" they surrounded [the place] and lay in wait for him all night at the gate of the city. They were quiet all night, saying, "In the morning, when it is daylight, we will kill him."
16:3. And Samson lay [low] till midnight; then he arose at midnight, took hold of the doors of the gate of the city and the two gateposts, pulled them up, bar and all, put [them] on his shoulders, and carried them to the top of the hill that faces Hebron.
16:4. Afterward it happened that he loved a woman in the Valley of Sorek, whose name [was] Delilah.
16:5. And the lords of the Philistines came up to her and said to her, "Entice him, and find out where his great strength [lies,] and by what [means] we may overpower him, that we may bind him to afflict him; and every one of us will give you eleven hundred [pieces] of silver."
16:6. So Delilah said to Samson, "Please tell me where your great strength [lies,] and with what you may be bound to afflict you."
16:7. And Samson said to her, "If they bind me with seven fresh bowstrings, not yet dried, then I shall become weak, and be like any [other] man."
16:8. So the lords of the Philistines brought up to her seven fresh bowstrings, not yet dried, and she bound him with them.
16:9. Now [men were] lying in wait, staying with her in the room. And she said to him, "The Philistines [are] upon you, Samson!" But he broke the bowstrings as a strand of yarn breaks when it touches fire. So the secret of his strength was not known.
16:10. Then Delilah said to Samson, "Look, you have mocked me and told me lies. Now, please tell me what you may be bound with."
16:11. So he said to her, "If they bind me securely with new ropes that have never been used, then I shall become weak, and be like any [other] man."
16:12. Therefore Delilah took new ropes and bound him with them, and said to him, "The Philistines [are] upon you, Samson!" And [men were] lying in wait, staying in the room. But he broke them off his arms like a thread.
16:13. Delilah said to Samson, "Until now you have mocked me and told me lies. Tell me what you may be bound with." And he said to her, "If you weave the seven locks of my head into the web of the loom" --
16:14. So she wove [it] tightly with the batten of the loom, and said to him, "The Philistines [are] upon you, Samson!" But he awoke from his sleep, and pulled out the batten and the web from the loom.
16:15. Then she said to him, "How can you say, 'I love you,' when your heart [is] not with me? You have mocked me these three times, and have not told me where your great strength [lies."]
16:16. And it came to pass, when she pestered him daily with her words and pressed him, [so] that his soul was vexed to death,
16:17. that he told her all his heart, and said to her, "No razor has ever come upon my head, for I [have been] a Nazirite to God from my mother's womb. If I am shaven, then my strength will leave me, and I shall become weak, and be like any [other] man."
16:18. When Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, "Come up once more, for he has told me all his heart." So the lords of the Philistines came up to her and brought the money in their hand.
16:19. Then she lulled him to sleep on her knees, and called for a man and had him shave off the seven locks of his head. Then she began to torment him, and his strength left him.
16:20. And she said, "The Philistines [are] upon you, Samson!" So he awoke from his sleep, and said, "I will go out as before, at other times, and shake myself free!" But he did not know that the LORD had departed from him.
16:21. Then the Philistines took him and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza. They bound him with bronze fetters, and he became a grinder in the prison.
16:22. However, the hair of his head began to grow again after it had been shaven.
23 Now the lords of the Philistines gathered together to offer a great sacrifice to lDagon their god, and to rejoice. And they said:
“Our god has delivered into our hands
Samson our enemy!”
24 When the people saw him, they mpraised their god; for they said:
“Our god has delivered into our hands our enemy,
The destroyer of our land,
And the one who multiplied our dead.”
25 So it happened, when their hearts were nmerry, that they said, “Call for Samson, that he may perform for us.” So they called for Samson from the prison, and he performed for them. And they stationed him between the pillars. 26 Then Samson said to the lad who held him by the hand, “Let me feel the pillars which support the temple, so that I can lean on them.” 27 Now the temple was full of men and women. All the lords of the Philistines were there—about three thousand men and women on the oroof watching while Samson performed.
28 Then Samson called to the Lord, saying, “O Lord God, premember me, I pray! Strengthen me, I pray, just this once, O God, that I may with one blow take vengeance on the Philistines for my two eyes!” 29 And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars which supported the temple, and he braced himself against them, one on his right and the other on his left. 30 Then Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” And he pushed with all his might, and the temple fell on the lords and all the people who were in it. So the dead that he killed at his death were more than he had killed in his life.
31 And his brothers and all his father’s household came down and took him, and brought him up and qburied him between Zorah and Eshtaol in the tomb of his father Manoah. He had judged Israel rtwenty years.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Samson’s weakness for women took him to a Philistine harlot in Gaza and a demonic Philistine woman, Delilah at Sorek. Both relationships were sinful and that with Delilah led to his downfall, loss of anointing and death. Delilah asked for the secret of his strength and Samson told her lies thrice, but when she pestered him, he told her the truth. Delilah, who claimed to love him, got his hair shaved and called in the Philistines who captured him, removed his eyes and took him to Gaza. With time, his hair grew and during a Philistine feast, Samson was brought to entertain them. Samson prayed that he would die with the Philistines and God granted gave him strength to pull down the pillars and the house collapsed and killed Samson and 3,000 Philistines.

Beware of your weaknesses so that Satan does not use them to arrange for your downfall. Samson’s weakness for women terminated his great destiny and rare anointing. What is yours? It may be women, men, money, land, alcohol, fashion, position, title, cars, properties, phones, computers, television, etc. Anything that you pursue passionately and spend undue time on is your weakness. Learn to overcome your weakness by confessing it to God; ask for forgiveness and cleansing by Jesus’ blood. Meddling with sin will gradually terminate your great destiny. Therefore, kill sin before it kills you.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, help me to overcome my weakness by Jesus’ blood and live a holy life in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 6:33am On Apr 23, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-23
(Second Sunday after Easter)

🎯TOPIC: THE CLAIMS OF JESUS

✝️ TEXT: John 10: 7-16(NKJV)
10:7. Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
10:8. "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
10:9. "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
10:10. "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have [it] more abundantly.
10:11. "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
10:12. "But a hireling, [he who is] not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them.
10:13. "The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.
10:14. "I am the good shepherd; and I know My [sheep,] and am known by My own.
10:15. "As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
10:16. "And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock [and] one shepherd.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Jesus made some spectacular claims in today's passage. He claimed to be the door of the sheep, of salvation and of spiritual security. He also claimed that He came to give men abundant life. He claimed to be the good shepherd who sacrifices His life for His sheep, knows His sheep and they know Him. He even claims to have other sheep, which He intends to bring in. He says that the other sheep will hear His voice and follow Him so that there will be one flock and one shepherd.
Are these claims of Jesus true? A door grants access. Jesus gives access to the Father as no one comes to the Father except through Him (John 14: 6). Jesus gives salvation to those who receive Him(John 1: 12) and these ones have everlasting life(John 3: 16; Eph. 2: 18). Jesus gives life (John 11: 25) even abundant life (Acts 10: 38). He sacrificed His life for His sheep (Rom. 5: cool. The other sheep of Jesus were the Gentiles whom He sought after (Acts 9: 15; 22: 21; Rom. 9: 23-24). Be determined to believe Jesus, receive the salvation and eternal life He gives so that you will have a good relationship with Him; and serve Him all the days of your life.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Heavenly Father, help me to always believe and obey whatever Jesus says. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:13am On Apr 24, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-24

🎯TOPIC: SAVED BY GRACE

✝️ TEXT: Ephesians 2: 1-22(NKJV)
2:1. And you [He made alive,] who were dead in trespasses and sins,
2:2. in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
2:3. among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
2:4. But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
2:5. even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
2:6. and raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in the heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus,
2:7. that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in [His] kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
2:8. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God,
2:9. not of works, lest anyone should boast.
2:10. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
2:11. Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh -- who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands --
2:12. that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
2:13. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
2:14. For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
2:15. having abolished in His flesh the enmity, [that is,] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man [from] the two, [thus] making peace,
2:16. and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.
2:17. And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near.
2:18. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
2:19. Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
2:20. having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner[stone,]
2:21. in whom the whole building, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
2:22. in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Men are naturally dead in trespasses, are sons of disobedience, habitually fulfilling the desires of the flesh and are naturally destined as children of God's wrath. But God made us alive in Christ, raised us up together and made us sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. We are saved by grace through faith as a gift, not of works to avoid boasting. Without Christ, one is alienated from God's people, a stranger to the covenants of promise, has no hope and is without God; but now in Christ, one is brought near by the blood of Christ. Christ reconciles us to God and gives us peace and access to God. Therefore, when saved, we become fellow citizens with the saints and members of God's family. We also become recreated to do good works that glorify Him. (vs.10)
Some people think that going to church regularly, participating in church activities, taking church titles, giving tithes, offerings and donations to the church and being zealous for God's work can earn them salvation. Are you in this group? The Bible says that our self-righteousness are as filthy rags (Isa. 64: 6). Salvation is by accepting the finished work of Christ on the cross and receiving Jesus into one's heart. It is completely by grace(vs.8-9)Trust Jesus instead of trusting on your works. Will you?

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord Jesus, forgive all my sins and come into my heart as myLord and Saviour I pray. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Re-Electing Buhari Will Perpetuate Suffering" - Bishop Chukwuma / The Historicity Of The Books Of The Bible - Reference: Daniel. / Ifa Divination ~ How To Consult Ifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 395
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.