Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) (10645 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 9:41am On Apr 25, 2023
✝️📗DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2023-Apr-25
(St. Mark's Day)

🎯TOPIC: HANDLING CONFLICTS IN THE CHURCH

✝️ TEXT: Acts 15: 36-41(NKJV)
15:36. Then after some days Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us now go back and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, [and see] how they are doing."
15:37. Now Barnabas was determined to take with them John called Mark.
15:38. But Paul insisted that they should not take with them the one who had departed from them in Pamphylia, and had not gone with them to the work.
15:39. Then the contention became so sharp that they parted from one another. And so Barnabas took Mark and sailed to Cyprus;
15:40. but Paul chose Silas and departed, being commended by the brethren to the grace of God.
15:41. And he went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches.

✝️🗒️STUDY: It was Paul's idea that he and Barnabas should go back and visit brethren where they had preached before and see how they fared. Barnabas determined to take along John called Mark whose life we are commemorating today. However, Paul rejected going with Mark because he abandoned them in an earlier mission. Since they could not solve the problem of Mark's inclusion, they parted ways. Hence, Barnabas took Mark and sailed to Cyprus while Paul chose Silas and left for the churches in Syria and Cilicia.
A good idea may be thwarted due to disagreement on methods or choice of personnel for the work. We must trust God to make things work out for the good of the kingdom. Paul, Barnabas and Mark would have gone on mission as a team. However, due to the contention, two evangelistic teams emerged and the gospel was spread to Cyprus by one team while the other team went to Syria and Cilicia for follow-up activities. Notice that this contention produced a positive result for the spreading of the gospel. Do you have a contention with a friend, neighbour, business partner or in the church on how to carry out a mission? Do not allow such contentions to disrupt the work of God. Hand it over to God in prayers and move on.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord give me wisdom to know how to handle conflicts so that your work will not suffer loss in Jesus name.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:03am On Apr 26, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-26

🎯TOPIC: REVEALED MYSTERY

✝️ TEXT: Ephesians 3: 1-21(NKJV)
3:1. For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles --
3:2. if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,
3:3. how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already,
3:4. by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ),
3:5. which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:
3:6. that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,
3:7. of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.
3:8. To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
3:9. and to make all see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
3:10. to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly [places,]
3:11. according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
3:12. in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
3:13. Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
3:14. For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
3:15. from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
3:16. that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
3:17. that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
3:18. may be able to comprehend with all the saints what [is] the width and length and depth and height --
3:19. to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
3:20. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
3:21. to Him [be] glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

✝️🗒️STUDY: The mystery which was hidden in previous ages was revealed by the Spirit to Paul, Apostles and Prophets. The mystery is that Gentiles should become fellow heirs of God and partakers of God's promise in Christ through the gospel. Paul's mandate was to preach to Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ. He is to expound this mystery such that the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the Church to principalities and powers in heavenly places. God accomplished this eternal purpose in Christ. Paul's prayers for the Ephesian church were that; (1) God grant them to be strengthened with might in their inner man, (3) They know the love of Christ and be filled with God's fullness.
Having understood the mystery that Gentiles should become members of God's family, what should you do? Simple - you should preach and support the spreading of the gospel, So that more gentiles will be saved As a member of the Church, you should manifest God's wisdom and power to the kingdom of darkness. You should also pray that the Church be strengthened and grounded in love. It is also important to pray that Christians will know God deeply, understand His love and experience His fullness. Will you obey?

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Cause me O Lord to do your will concerning this revealed mystery. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 11:10am On Apr 27, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-27

🎯TOPIC: MINISTRY GIFTS WITH CHRISTIAN CHARACTER

✝️ TEXT: Ephesians4:1-25(NKJV)
4:1. I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
4:2. with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
4:3. endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4:4. [There is] one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
4:5. one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
4:6. one God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.
4:7. But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift.
4:8. Therefore He says: "When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts to men."
4:9. (Now this, "He ascended" -- what does it mean but that He also first descended into the lower parts of the earth?
4:10. He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)
4:11. And He Himself gave some [to be] apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,
4:12. for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,
4:13. till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;
4:14. that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,
4:15. but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head -- Christ --
4:16. from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
4:17. This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind,
4:18. having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart;
4:19. who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
4:20. But you have not so learned Christ,
4:21. if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
4:22. that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
4:23. and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
4:24. and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
4:25. Therefore, putting away lying, ["Let] each one [of you] speak truth with his neighbor," for we are members of one another.

✝️🗒️STUDY: In this passage, Christians are asked to live a life that is worthy of their calling; to be humble, gentle, truthful, patient, forbearing in love and united in peace. Jesus Christ gave Christians gifts according to His grace to be apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers. These gifts are to be used for equipping the saints for the work of the ministry and for edifying the Church unto maturity. Hence, Christians should no longer live in sin but in the truth of Christ by renewing their minds (Rom 12: 1-2) and speaking the truth to one another.
The passage calls for self-examination on whether you are walking worthy of Christ. Are you living a life of humility, gentleness, patience, forbearance and peace? Are you still spiritually immature, wavering with every wind of doctrine? Examine yourself and repent if necessary (2 Cor. 13: 5). God expects you to use the gift given to you to equip others to attain stability, maturity and oneness in Him. Do not use the gift of God for personal gain. Remain and use your gift in the Church for the edification of the saints. Strive to discover your gift and let it be a blessing to other Christians and to the Church. Will you?

✝️🙏 PRAYER: My Father, help me to discover and use my gift for your praise and glory. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:54am On Apr 28, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-28

🎯TOPIC: VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL RELATIONSHIPS

✝️ TEXT: Ephesians4: 26-5: 22(NKJV)
4:26 "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath,
4:27 nor give place to the devil.
4:28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with [his] hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need.
4:29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
4:31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
4:32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.
5:1 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.
5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
5:3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;
5:4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.
5:5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
5:7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.
5:8 For you were once darkness, but now [you are] light in the Lord. Walk as children of light
5:9 (for the fruit of the Spirit [is] in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),
5:10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.
5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose [them.]
5:12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.
5:13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
5:14 Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
5:15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,
5:16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
5:17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord [is.]
5:18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,
5:19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,
5:20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5:21 submitting to one another in the fear of God.
5:22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Christians should maintain a good vertical relationship with God and cordial horizontal relationships with other people. Vertically, Christians should not grieve the Holy Spirit by whom they were sealed for the day of redemption. They should be imitators of God as His dear children, walking in love as Christ has loved us and understanding the will of God. They should be filled with the Holy Spirit, and sing melodiously to the Lord, giving Him thanks always for all things.With respect to horizontal relations, Christians are to avoid bitterness, wrath, immorality, idolatry, covetousness, jesting, drunkenness, anger, malice, stealing. They should be kind, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, walking as children of light, exposing evil works, walking as wise, redeeming the time, singing psalms and hymns, and submitting to one another in the fear of God.

Having a good relationship with God is critical to our Christian life, worship and blessings. Therefore, ensure that you are fulfilling the conditions for maintaining your vertical relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. This you can do by studying, meditating and obeying His word (Josh.1:cool coupled with prayer.. Relating well with fellow Christians and radiating godly character to the world are also vital to the horizontal relationship. How have you fared with the outlined Biblical injunctions in this regard? Ask for grace to excel.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me to work on my vertical and horizontal relationships to your glory in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:59am On Apr 30, 2023
Date: 2023-Apr-30
(Third Sunday after Easter)

🎯TOPIC: JESUS IS NEVER LATE

✝️ TEXT: John 11: 17-27(NKJV)
11:17. So when Jesus came, He found that he had already been in the tomb four days.
11:18. Now Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles away.
11:19. And many of the Jews had joined the women around Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.
11:20. Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met Him, but Mary was sitting in the house.
11:21. Then Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.
11:22. "But even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You."
11:23. Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."
11:24. Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."
11:25. Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
11:26. "And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"
11:27. She said to Him, "Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world."

✝️🗒️STUDY: When Jesus and His disciples were on the way to Bethany to see Martha and Mary, Lazarus had already spent four days in the grave. Many Jewish sympathisers had come to comfort Martha and Mary. On hearing that Jesus was coming, Martha went alone to meet Him and told Him that her brother died because He did not come on time. However, she knew that He could make a difference by His presence. Jesus simply told her that Lazarus would rise again and she replied that it would be at the resurrection at the last day. Jesus told her that He is the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in Him, though dead, shall live, while anyone who is alive and believes in Him shall never die. Martha agreed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God in the flesh.
Are you in an unfortunate, uncomfortable, undesirable situation and people cannot help? You may have fasted, prayed, sowed seed and yet no response. Hold on to your faith for Jesus, the resurrection power and life to all dead situations will surely come. He is never late;His presence will change your sorrow to joy, your weeping to laughter, emptiness to fullness, shame to double honour, fruitlessness to fruitfulness and hopelessness to a living hope.(Isa.61: 3, 7a).

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Help me O God to rest in you and wait patiently in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:21am On May 01, 2023
Date: 2023-May-01

🎯TOPIC: BREAK YOUR SPIRITUAL IGNORANCE

✝️ TEXT: John 14: 1-14(NKJV)
14:1. "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
14:2. "In My Father's house are many mansions; if [it were] not [so,] I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
14:3. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, [there] you may be also.
14:4. "And where I go you know, and the way you know."
14:5. Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"
14:6. Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
14:7. " If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."
14:8. Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."
14:9. Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
14:10. "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own [authority;] but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
14:11. "Believe Me that I [am] in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
14:12. " Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater [works] than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
14:13. "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14:14. "If you ask anything in My name, I will do [it.]

✝️🗒️STUDY: In our text today, while Jesus was teaching about heavenly mansions for believers and His Second Coming to rapture the saints (1 Cor. 15: 52), Philip interrupted and asked Him to show them the Father. Jesus replied: How long have you been with me and you do not know me? Unfortunately, some church members are ignorant about Jesus being the Lord and Father of all. They remain silent like Philip about their ignorance on spiritual matters for years. Thank God that Philip asked, which led Jesus to explain that He is one with the Father. He is also the truth, life and the ONLY way to the Father (v.6). Hence, it is impossible to have a relationship with God without accepting Jesus as Lord.
Disregarding Jesus as the only way to the Father and trying to contact God through angels, spiritual leaders, adherence to moral laws and religious codes is a mere exercise in futility. So break your spiritual ignorance on how to obtain salvation, operations of the Holy Spirit, power for righteousness, end time prophesies, etc. Do not be seen as a disciple of Jesus without proper knowledge of the Master; it is a misnomer to be serving a God you do not know. A sound knowledge of Him equips you to do the works of Jesus and receive answers to prayers and eternal life.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord Jesus, Give me a revelation of the knowledge of you, in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 9:41am On May 02, 2023
Date: 2023-May-02

🎯TOPIC: EARTHLY TITLES WITHOUT HEAVENLY APPROVAL

✝️ TEXT: 1 Samuel 16: 1-10(NKJV)
16:1. Now the LORD said to Samuel, "How long will you mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? Fill your horn with oil, and go; I am sending you to Jesse the Bethlehemite. For I have provided Myself a king among his sons."
16:2. And Samuel said, "How can I go? If Saul hears [it,] he will kill me." And the LORD said, "Take a heifer with you, and say, 'I have come to sacrifice to the LORD.'
16:3. "Then invite Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will show you what you shall do; you shall anoint for Me the one I name to you."
16:4. So Samuel did what the LORD said, and went to Bethlehem. And the elders of the town trembled at his coming, and said, "Do you come peaceably?"
16:5. And he said, "Peaceably; I have come to sacrifice to the LORD. Sanctify yourselves, and come with me to the sacrifice." Then he consecrated Jesse and his sons, and invited them to the sacrifice.
16:6. So it was, when they came, that he looked at Eliab and said, "Surely the LORD's anointed [is] before Him."
16:7. But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have refused him. For [the] [Lord does] not [see] as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
16:8. So Jesse called Abinadab, and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, "Neither has the LORD chosen this one."
16:9. Then Jesse made Shammah pass by. And he said, "Neither has the LORD chosen this one."
16:10. Thus Jesse made seven of his sons pass before Samuel. And Samuel said to Jesse, "The LORD has not chosen these.

✝️🗒️STUDY: : God reprimanded Prophet Samuel for grieving over Saul whom He had rejected because of disobedience. He terminated Saul's kingship in heaven, though he was still physically on the throne as king. God instructed Samuel to anoint David, the son of Jesse, as a replacement(v.1). It is disheartening to note that Saul was parading himself as King and performing official duties without knowing that his reign had been terminated in heaven with a suitable replacement. It is terrible for heaven to replace you while you are alive and occupying your office in the eyes of men. Note that the Prophet almost made a mistake in choosing another king(v.6)had God not intervened. This is a warning to those who depend on Prophets as their final authority without reference to God's word. The choice of God is dependent on the state of our hearts and not on physical achievements or limitations.
Have you become careless and disobedient to God like King Saul concerning the responsibilities He has given you in the family, church, workplace and society? Remember that God will always find a suitable replacement; no man is indispensable. Repent today, so that heaven will not terminate your position while you are still parading yourself as being in charge.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord, please help me not to be careless with my Christian life, blessings and positions knowing that you are not a respecter of persons, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 11:21am On May 03, 2023
Date: 2023-May-03

🎯TOPIC: DIVINE UPLIFTING AND CONNECTION

✝️ TEXT: 1 Samuel 16: 11-23(NKJV)
16:11. And Samuel said to Jesse, "Are all the young men here?" Then he said, "There remains yet the youngest, and there he is, keeping the sheep." And Samuel said to Jesse, "Send and bring him. For we will not sit down till he comes here."
16:12. So he sent and brought him in. Now he [was] ruddy, with bright eyes, and good-looking. And the LORD said, "Arise, anoint him; for this [is] the one!"
16:13. Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel arose and went to Ramah.
16:14. But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and a distressing spirit from the LORD troubled him.
16:15. And Saul's servants said to him, "Surely, a distressing spirit from God is troubling you.
16:16. "Let our master now command your servants, [who are] before you, to seek out a man [who is] a skillful player on the harp; and it shall be that he will play it with his hand when the distressing spirit from God is upon you, and you shall be well."
16:17. So Saul said to his servants, "Provide me now a man who can play well, and bring [him] to me."
16:18. Then one of the servants answered and said, "Look, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, [who is] skillful in playing, a mighty man of valor, a man of war, prudent in speech, and a handsome person; and the LORD [is] with him."
16:19. Therefore Saul sent messengers to Jesse, and said, "Send me your son David, who [is] with the sheep."
16:20. And Jesse took a donkey [loaded with] bread, a skin of wine, and a young goat, and sent [them] by his son David to Saul.
16:21. So David came to Saul and stood before him. And he loved him greatly, and he became his armorbearer.
16:22. Then Saul sent to Jesse, saying, "Please let David stand before me, for he has found favor in my sight."
16:23. And so it was, whenever the spirit from God was upon Saul, that David would take a harp and play [it] with his hand. Then Saul would become refreshed and well, and the distressing spirit would depart from him.

✝️🗒️STUDY: David was anointed king over his elder brothers. God chooses whom He wills for His work. The Spirit of God came mightily on David and departed from Saul (v.14). Because of disobedience, Saul opened his life to torment by an evil spirit. Stories abound of people who became addicted and possessed by watching pornography, occult films, reading immoral novels, drunkenness, etc. The Spirit of God does not strive with man forever so do not grieve the Holy Spirit (Eph.4: 30). Be careful about the way you live so that evil spirits will not gain entrance into you and introduce sinful characters and lifestyles to you (Gal. 5: 19-21).
David was also divinely connected to the palace for his musical skill. He was so anointed in this area that his musical prowess could calm King Saul when he was troubled by the evil spirit. Don't neglect your skill, rather, pray for God's anointing on it and develop it to become efficient. God can create a future vacancy and that skill might be the only curriculum vitae that will take you to the palace, like Joseph, Daniel, etc. Therefore, live a committed Christian life devoid of guile; develop your skills and the God of divine connections will take you from being a "shepherd" to an "employee" at the palace.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, help me to always walk in obedience to your commands, in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 9:33am On May 04, 2023
Date: 2023-May-04

🎯TOPIC: A DAVID IN MY GENERATION

✝️ TEXT: 1 Samuel 17: 1-27(NKJV)
17:1. Now the Philistines gathered their armies together to battle, and were gathered together at Sochoh, which [belongs] to Judah; they encamped between Sochoh and Azekah, in Ephes Dammim.
17:2. And Saul and the men of Israel were gathered together, and they encamped in the Valley of Elah, and drew up in battle array against the Philistines.
17:3. The Philistines stood on a mountain on one side, and Israel stood on a mountain on the other side, with a valley between them.
17:4. And a champion went out from the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, from Gath, whose height [was] six cubits and a span.
17:5. [He had] a bronze helmet on his head, and he [was] armed with a coat of mail, and the weight of the coat [was] five thousand shekels of bronze.
17:6. And [he had] bronze armor on his legs and a bronze javelin between his shoulders.
17:7. Now the staff of his spear [was] like a weaver's beam, and his iron spearhead [weighed] six hundred shekels; and a shield-bearer went before him.
17:8. Then he stood and cried out to the armies of Israel, and said to them, "Why have you come out to line up for battle? [Am] I not a Philistine, and you the servants of Saul? Choose a man for yourselves, and let him come down to me.
17:9. "If he is able to fight with me and kill me, then we will be your servants. But if I prevail against him and kill him, then you shall be our servants and serve us."
17:10. And the Philistine said, "I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together."
17:11. When Saul and all Israel heard these words of the Philistine, they were dismayed and greatly afraid.
17:12. Now David [was] the son of that Ephrathite of Bethlehem Judah, whose name [was] Jesse, and who had eight sons. And the man was old, advanced [in years,] in the days of Saul.
17:13. The three oldest sons of Jesse had gone to follow Saul to the battle. The names of his three sons who went to the battle [were] Eliab the firstborn, next to him Abinadab, and the third Shammah.
17:14. David [was] the youngest. And the three oldest followed Saul.
17:15. But David occasionally went and returned from Saul to feed his father's sheep at Bethlehem.
17:16. And the Philistine drew near and presented himself forty days, morning and evening.
17:17. Then Jesse said to his son David, "Take now for your brothers an ephah of this dried [grain] and these ten loaves, and run to your brothers at the camp.
17:18. "And carry these ten cheeses to the captain of [their] thousand, and see how your brothers fare, and bring back news of them."
17:19. Now Saul and they and all the men of Israel [were] in the Valley of Elah, fighting with the Philistines.
17:20. So David rose early in the morning, left the sheep with a keeper, and took [the things] and went as Jesse had commanded him. And he came to the camp as the army was going out to the fight and shouting for the battle.
17:21. For Israel and the Philistines had drawn up in battle array, army against army.
17:22. And David left his supplies in the hand of the supply keeper, ran to the army, and came and greeted his brothers.
17:23. Then as he talked with them, there was the champion, the Philistine of Gath, Goliath by name, coming up from the armies of the Philistines; and he spoke according to the same words. So David heard [them.]
17:24. And all the men of Israel, when they saw the man, fled from him and were dreadfully afraid.
17:25. So the men of Israel said, "Have you seen this man who has come up? Surely he has come up to defy Israel; and it shall be [that] the man who kills him the king will enrich with great riches, will give him his daughter, and give his father's house exemption [from taxes] in Israel."
17:26. Then David spoke to the men who stood by him, saying, "What shall be done for the man who kills this Philistine and takes away the reproach from Israel? For who [is] this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?"
27 And the people answered him in this manner, saying, “So shall it be done for the man who kills him.”

✝️🗒️STUDY: Verses 4 to 7 of our text gives the description of the terrifying and dominating personality called Goliath - with his fortifications - which made both King Saul and the Israelites to tremble with fear. Note that as long as the Israelites feared, God did not deliver them. David declared by faith, “Who is this uncircumcised Philistine that defies the army of the living God?” David understood his authority, that the army of Israel was not an ordinary army but the army of the Almighty God.

Many times, we face seemingly insurmountable situations like mounting debts, unemployment, business downturns, bad governance, unexplained demonic attacks, ailing health conditions, etc. Such situations confront us daily making us forget our authority and the great power of God. Worse still, there might be no one to encourage us (v.24). Learn from David and do not fear. Remember that you are a member of the army of the living God through the saving blood of Christ. The enemy is no match for you; your victory is complete in Christ. Rise up by faith and declare to that situation, “Who are you uncircumcised situation that is defying me as a member of the army of the living God?” Your faith will enable you to prevail over the mountains and you will have a resounding testimony like David.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord, make me a David in my generation, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:50am On May 05, 2023
Date: 2023-May-05

🎯TOPIC: DEALING WITH YOUR GOLIATHS

✝️ TEXT: 1 Samuel 17: 28-47(NKJV)
17:28. Now Eliab his oldest brother heard when he spoke to the men; and Eliab's anger was aroused against David, and he said, "Why did you come down here? And with whom have you left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know your pride and the insolence of your heart, for you have come down to see the battle."
17:29. And David said, "What have I done now? [Is there] not a cause?"
17:30. Then he turned from him toward another and said the same thing; and these people answered him as the first ones [did.]
17:31. Now when the words which David spoke were heard, they reported [them] to Saul; and he sent for him.
17:32. Then David said to Saul, "Let no man's heart fail because of him; your servant will go and fight with this Philistine."
17:33. And Saul said to David, "You are not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him; for you [are] a youth, and he a man of war from his youth."
17:34. But David said to Saul, "Your servant used to keep his father's sheep, and when a lion or a bear came and took a lamb out of the flock,
17:35. I went out after it and struck it, and delivered [the lamb] from its mouth; and when it arose against me, I caught [it] by its beard, and struck and killed it.
17:36. "Your servant has killed both lion and bear; and this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, seeing he has defied the armies of the living God."
17:37. Moreover David said, "The LORD, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "Go, and the LORD be with you!"
17:38. So Saul clothed David with his armor, and he put a bronze helmet on his head; he also clothed him with a coat of mail.
17:39. David fastened his sword to his armor and tried to walk, for he had not tested [them.] And David said to Saul, "I cannot walk with these, for I have not tested [them."] So David took them off.
17:40. Then he took his staff in his hand; and he chose for himself five smooth stones from the brook, and put them in a shepherd's bag, in a pouch which he had, and his sling was in his hand. And he drew near to the Philistine.
17:41. So the Philistine came, and began drawing near to David, and the man who bore the shield [went] before him.
17:42. And when the Philistine looked about and saw David, he disdained him; for he was [only] a youth, ruddy and good-looking.
17:43. So the Philistine said to David, "[Am] I a dog, that you come to me with sticks?" And the Philistine cursed David by his gods.
17:44. And the Philistine said to David, "Come to me, and I will give your flesh to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field!"
17:45. Then David said to the Philistine, "You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
17:46. "This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
17:47. "Then all this assembly shall know that the LORD does not save with sword and spear; for the battle [is] the LORD's, and He will give you into our hands."

✝️🗒️STUDY: Weapons are needed for victory in battles of life. David used the following tools for victory over Goliath:
1. Private spiritual development: David’s past victories over wild animals gave him courage to face Goliath (vv. 34-37).
2. Holy anger over the enemy’s intimidation, and willingness to prove God (vv. 26, 32).
3. Cutting off vision detractors: He refused discouragement from Eliab and King Saul (vv.28-33).
4. Undaunted faith and confidence in God’s power (v.37).
5. Refusal to copy people’s tactics: David refused King Saul’s armour, but chose his personal tested tools (vv. 38-39).n
6. Immediate response to the taunts of the enemy: David responded immediately to Goliath’s threats because meditation on the intimidation of the enemy builds fear (vv. 43-47).
7. Positive confession: David declared that the Lord would give him victory over Goliath (v.37).
8. Declaration of the exact desired nature of victory: David boldly declared cutting off Goliath’s head and defeating the Philistine armies (v.46).
9. Quest to promote God’s glory: David said that his victory would prove God’s Supremacy (v.47).
10. Willingness to utilise available spiritual and physical resources (v. 40).

Victory comes by God’s touch on the instrument being used. So, use these ten weapons and you will have testimonies of the power of God over impossibilities.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Oh Lord, help me to utilise these tools in winning the battles of life to your glory, in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 5:54am On May 06, 2023
Date: 2023-May-06

🎯TOPIC: GOD OF UNIMAGINABLE MIRACLES

✝️ TEXT: 1 Samuel 17: 48-58(NKJV)
17:48. So it was, when the Philistine arose and came and drew near to meet David, that David hastened and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
17:49. Then David put his hand in his bag and took out a stone; and he slung [it] and struck the Philistine in his forehead, so that the stone sank into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the earth.
17:50. So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and struck the Philistine and killed him. But [there was] no sword in the hand of David.
17:51. Therefore David ran and stood over the Philistine, took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it. And when the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled.
17:52. Now the men of Israel and Judah arose and shouted, and pursued the Philistines as far as the entrance of the valley and to the gates of Ekron. And the wounded of the Philistines fell along the road to Shaaraim, even as far as Gath and Ekron.
17:53. Then the children of Israel returned from chasing the Philistines, and they plundered their tents.
17:54. And David took the head of the Philistine and brought it to Jerusalem, but he put his armor in his tent.
17:55. When Saul saw David going out against the Philistine, he said to Abner, the commander of the army, "Abner, whose son [is] this youth?" And Abner said, "As your soul lives, O king, I do not know."
17:56. So the king said, "Inquire whose son this young man [is."]
17:57. Then, as David returned from the slaughter of the Philistine, Abner took him and brought him before Saul with the head of the Philistine in his hand.
17:58. And Saul said to him, "Whose son [are] you, young man?" So David answered, "[I am] the son of your servant Jesse the Bethlehemite."

✝️🗒️STUDY: Today's passage marks the end of Goliath and the deliverance of God's people. David ran towards the problem by faith unlike the Israelites who ran away for fear(v.48). David was confident that God can use anything, so he struck Goliath with a stone and he fell. He had no sword but God provided the sword of the enemy. As he confessed, he cut off the head of Goliath and completely silenced the enemy. Hallelujah! What a God of unimaginable miracles! Who would believe that a small boy without military experience would defeat a long standing warrior with only a sling and stone? Would Goliath have believed that the sword he prepared for the Israelites would be used to cut off his own head?
Beloved, what is that challenge over your life, health, work, family, ministry and nation? Arise and run towards your Goliath to activate heavenly intervention. Put that spiritual tool with you into use and you will see God begin to work. Any extra weapon you need such as divine counsel, helpers, etc., will be provided for you as the sword of Goliath in the hands of David. Your testimony will liberate the people of God around you in similar situations. Amen.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord, please give me resounding testimonies to your glory as I arise to confront my Goliaths, in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 1:24pm On May 07, 2023
Date: 2023-May-07

🎯TOPIC: THE HOLY SPIRIT

✝️ TEXT: : John 16: 5-22(NKJV)
16:5. " But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, 'Where are You going?'
16:6. "But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
16:7. "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
16:8. "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
16:9. "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
16:10. "of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
16:11. "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
16:12. "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear [them] now.
16:13. "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority,] but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
16:14. "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.
16:15. "All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare [it] to you.
16:16. " A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father."
16:17. Then [some] of His disciples said among themselves, "What is this that He says to us, 'A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'; and, 'because I go to the Father'?"
16:18. They said therefore, "What is this that He says, 'A little while'? We do not know what He is saying."
16:19. Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, "Are you inquiring among yourselves about what I said, 'A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'?
16:20. "Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy.
16:21. "A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
16:22. "Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.

✝️🗒️STUDY: The Holy Spirit is indispensable in our lives. Some of His qualities are:
1. Convicts the world of sin and righteousness: He has the sole authority to convict men to repent when they hear the gospel.
2. Guides us into all truth including revelations, understanding of scriptures, skills to improve our careers and family lives, unravelling of secrets, inventions etc.
3. Speaks in consonance with the Father: Any word, revelation and prophecy attributed to Him cannot contradict the word of God.
4. Declares future events: This includes God's plan for generations, future events in our personal lives, families, workplace, church, nation and the world.
5. Honours and glorifies Jesus: Any word or manifestation attributed to the Holy Spirit must glorify and honour Jesus and not angels or religious leaders.
6. Intercedes, Helps, Counsels, Comforts, Advocates Strengthens and Stands by: He intercedes for us, teaches us to pray, helps us in situations of life, counsels during decision-making, comforts us in sorrow and trials; is our advocate before the Godhead, our strengthener when spiritually and physically weak and He stands by to provide needed resources for victory.
Are you filled with the Holy Spirit? You simply cannot do without him for this promise is unto you and your children and as many as the Lord will call to Himself(Acts 2: 39).

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, fill me with the HolySpirit in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:24am On May 08, 2023
Date: 2023-May-08

🎯TOPIC: THE THESSALONIAN CHRISTIAN TESTIMONY

✝️ TEXT:1 Thessalonians 1: 1-10(NKJV)
1:1. Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1:2. We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers,
1:3. remembering without ceasing your work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father,
1:4. knowing, beloved brethren, your election by God.
1:5. For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance, as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake.
1:6. And you became followers of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit,
1:7. so that you became examples to all in Macedonia and Achaia who believe.
1:8. For from you the word of the Lord has sounded forth, not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place. Your faith toward God has gone out, so that we do not need to say anything.
1:9. For they themselves declare concerning us what manner of entry we had to you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,
1:10. and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, [even] Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

✝️🗒️STUDY: A story was once told on social media of a Christian girl who abused a Muslim for mistakenly pouring water on her. Later, the man decided to give his life to Christ when he heard the gospel. She was invited to come and pray as their evangelism secretary. On getting there, the Muslim recognised her and that ended their evangelistic outreach. In today's passage, Apostle Paul had reasons to give God thanks for the Thessalonian Christians. He was also eager to pray and encourage them for the following reasons:
1) They displayed a life of faith and love (v.3).
2)Their character showed that they were selected by God (v.3).
3) They imitated the life of sound Christian mentors (v.4).
4) They accepted the gospel with great joy amidst persecution and affliction.
5)Their life was exemplary to Christians in Macedonia and Achaia.
6) Their confidence in God's power, goodness and undefiled faith was testified of in many places.
Are you a Christian? What is your Christian testimony in your office, home, Church, etc.? Is the name of Christ blasphemed because of the way you live? Evaluate your Christian testimony with the qualities exhibited by the Thessalonian Christians. Repent from where you have fallen. Remain steadfast till the end amidst persecutions and afflictions of life.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, please help me to live a life that will radiate the image of Christ.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:21am On May 09, 2023
Date: 2023-May-09

🎯TOPIC: THE CORRECT PATTERN FOR MINISTRY

✝️ TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 2: 1-20(NKJV)
2:1. For you yourselves know, brethren, that our coming to you was not in vain.
2:2. But even after we had suffered before and were spitefully treated at Philippi, as you know, we were bold in our God to speak to you the gospel of God in much conflict.
2:3. For our exhortation [did] not [come] from error or uncleanness, nor [was it] in deceit.
2:4. But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.
2:5. For neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness -- God [is] witness.
2:6. Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have made demands as apostles of Christ.
2:7. But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing [mother] cherishes her own children.
2:8. So, affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you had become dear to us.
2:9. For you remember, brethren, our labor and toil; for laboring night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, we preached to you the gospel of God.
2:10. You [are] witnesses, and God [also,] how devoutly and justly and blamelessly we behaved ourselves among you who believe;
2:11. as you know how we exhorted, and comforted, and charged every one of you, as a father [does] his own children,
2:12. that you would walk worthy of God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory.
2:13. For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed [it] not [as] the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.
2:14. For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God which are in Judea in Christ Jesus. For you also suffered the same things from your own countrymen, just as they [did] from the Judeans,
2:15. who killed both the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they do not please God and are contrary to all men,
2:16. forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they may be saved, so as always to fill up [the measure of] their sins; but wrath has come upon them to the uttermost.
2:17. But we, brethren, having been taken away from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavored more eagerly to see your face with great desire.
2:18. Therefore we wanted to come to you -- even I, Paul, time and again -- but Satan hindered us.
2:19. For what [is] our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? [Is it] not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming?
2:20. For you are our glory and joy.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Sound and committed ministers still exist in this age where so many are concerned with milking the flock with varying degrees of motivational deceitful words for economic gain. Apostle Paul recounted how he suffered at Philippi where he was beaten and imprisoned with Silas, yet they continued to preach the undiluted word of God. Their ministerial pattern consisted of the following qualities:
1. Pure motives and error-free sincerity(v.3)
2. Pleasing God alone
3. Words devoid of flattery and greedy motives
4. Tenderness and affection towards the flock ofGod
5. Hard work to support themselves and reduce the burden on the flock
6. Uprightness, devoid of worldliness, with unflinching faith in God
7, Maintenance of a father-son relationship with the flock
8. Spreading only the message of Christ and Him crucified.
Their lives impacted the Thessalonian Christians so much that they became a replica of their pattern of Christian life and conduct. How is your life in the ministry and as a Christian? Are you exhibiting these noble qualities listed above? Has your life impacted people around you to conform to the image of Christ? Judge yourself and repent from where you have fallen before it is too late.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, I repent from all forms of deceit and unrighteousness. Help my
life to glorify you and impact others for Christ, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:34am On May 10, 2023
Date: 2023-May-10

🎯TOPIC: STEADFASTNESS AMIDST CHALLENGES

✝️ TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 3: 1-13(NKJV)
3:1. Therefore, when we could no longer endure it, we thought it good to be left in Athens alone,
3:2. and sent Timothy, our brother and minister of God, and our fellow laborer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you and encourage you concerning your faith,
3:3. that no one should be shaken by these afflictions; for you yourselves know that we are appointed to this.
3:4. For, in fact, we told you before when we were with you that we would suffer tribulation, just as it happened, and you know.
3:5. For this reason, when I could no longer endure it, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter had tempted you, and our labor might be in vain.
3:6. But now that Timothy has come to us from you, and brought us good news of your faith and love, and that you always have good remembrance of us, greatly desiring to see us, as we also [to see] you —
3:7. therefore, brethren, in all our affliction and distress we were comforted concerning you by your faith.
3:8. For now we live, if you stand fast in the Lord.
3:9. For what thanks can we render to God for you, for all the joy with which we rejoice for your sake before our God,
3:10. night and day praying exceedingly that we may see your face and perfect what is lacking in your faith?
3:11. Now may our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way to you.
3:12. And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we [do] to you,
3:13. so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Life is full of challenges ranging from insecurity, bad governance, economic meltdown, pandemics, political and economic manipulations, to stiff resistance to the gospel, etc. The Thessalonian church suffered a lot of challenges for their faith and were exhorted to remain steadfast. Similarly, we are encouraged not to be disturbed and led astray by the daily afflictions that confront us and our Christian testimony. Jesus told us that they will exist but we should be of good cheer, for he has overcome the world (John 16: 33). He that endures to the end will be saved.
Note that Timothy was sent to strengthen, comfort and encourage the Thessalonian brethren in the faith due to their afflictions (v.2). Paul and others also continued to earnestly pray daily for the Thessalonian Christians. The content of their prayer was for them to: Overflow in Christian love, be strengthened and established by God, be faultless, pure and holy at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is worthy of emulation especially today when our societies are becoming more self-centered with reduced Christian mentorship. Learn to encourage and pray for other Christians, so that they will be established in the faith. Determine to stand firm in your faith, so that you will not lose your crown.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, help me and other brethren to be steadfast in you amidst the challenges of life, in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:04am On May 11, 2023
Date: 2023-May-11

🎯TOPIC: LIVING TO PLEASE GOD

✝️ TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 4: 1-18(NKJV)
4:1. Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God;
4:2. for you know what commandments we gave you through the Lord Jesus.
4:3. For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality;
4:4. that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor,
4:5. not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God;
4:6. that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord [is] the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified.
4:7. For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness.
4:8. Therefore he who rejects [this] does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit.
4:9. But concerning brotherly love you have no need that I should write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another;
4:10. and indeed you do so toward all the brethren who are in all Macedonia. But we urge you, brethren, that you increase more and more;
4:11. that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you,
4:12. that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and [that] you may lack nothing.
4:13. But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
4:14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
4:15. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive [and] remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
4:16. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
4:17. Then we who are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
4:18. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

✝️🗒️STUDY: The goal of any true Christian is to please God. Paul in his letter to Pastor Timothy said, “No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs, he wants to please his commanding officer” (2 Tim. 2: 4). A Christian is a soldier serving under Jesus who is his commanding officer. Today’s passage listed behaviours expected of Christians who wish to please God (vv.3-12).
a. Holiness (vv. 3-cool: God is holy and hates all forms of impurity of the mind, spirit and body. Today’s reading specifically mentioned total abstinence from sexual immorality which has unfortunately crept into the church today.
b. Love (vv. 9-10): Genuine agape love is the Christian’s true identity (John 13: 34-35). Any Christian who does not love, does not know God (1 John 4: 7-cool. Unfortunately, this is becoming very rare in the church today.
c. Diligence (vv. 11-12): Hard work pleases God. The Thessalonian believers were admonished to work hard to earn their living. This was also emphasised by Paul in 2 Thessalonians 3: 6-12.
d. Eternal hope:Christians should live with eternity in view (vv. 13-18), so that they will not sorrow when death comes as happens to those who do not have hope.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: May my daily life please you O, Lord, in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:08am On May 12, 2023

Date: 2023-May-12

🎯TOPIC: BE ALERT!

✝️ TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 5: 1-28(NKJV)
5:1. But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you.
5:2. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
5:3. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
5:4. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
5:5. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
5:6. Therefore let us not sleep, as others [do,] but let us watch and be sober.
5:7. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.
5:8. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and [as] a helmet the hope of salvation.
5:9. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
5:10. who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
5:11. Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
5:12. And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you,
5:13. and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. Be at peace among yourselves.
5:14. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all.
5:15. See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.
5:16. Rejoice always,
5:17. pray without ceasing,
5:18. in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
5:19. Do not quench the Spirit.
5:20. Do not despise prophecies.
5:21. Test all things; hold fast what is good.
5:22. Abstain from every form of evil.
5:23. Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
5:24. He who calls you [is] faithful, who also will do [it.]
5:25. Brethren, pray for us.
5:26. Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss.
5:27. I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren.
5:28. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you. Amen.

✝️🗒️STUDY: A popular adage says that those surrounded by enemies guard their lives. The Scriptures exhort believers to be alert in the Spirit (1 Pet. 4: 7; 5: 6; Lk. 21: 34-36, etc.), because of the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, some are more concerned with trying to ascertain or fix the exact time of His return. The Bible says that knowing times and seasons are not necessary. What is important is the awareness of the certainty of his second coming, knowledge of the signs of the last days given by the Scripture, alertness and adequate preparation (1Thess. 1: 4-7).
It is unfortunate that some believers are spiritually asleep in the face of various manifestations of the signs of the return of Jesus. This makes them not to be alert or committed to the things of God. Such believers gradually lose sensitivity to spiritual things, indulge in sensuality, worldly pleasures and various kinds of impurity with continual lust for more (Eph. 4: 19). It is very dangerous when believers become insensitive to spiritual and physical dangers of indulging in sinful lifestyles. To guard against such behaviour, it is important to: Be diligent in prayers, study God's word and fellowship with the brethren, be sensitive and obedient to the warnings of the Holy Spirit (vv. 17-19), give honour and submit to godly leaders(vv. 12-13).

✝️🙏 PRAYER: O Lord, always make me sensitive to the promptings of the Holy Spirit; in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 10:19am On May 15, 2023
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY 15TH MAY, 2023 *THEME:* THE GROWTH OF BELIEVERS

*TEXT:* MARK 4: 26-32

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

26. And He said, "The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground,
27. "and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how.
28. "For the earth yields crops by itself: first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head.
29. "But when the grain ripens, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come."
30. Then He said, "To what shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what parable shall we picture it?
31. "[It is] like a mustard seed which, when it is sown on the ground, is smaller than all the seeds on earth;
32. "but when it is sown, it grows up and becomes greater than all herbs, and shoots out large branches, so that the birds of the air may nest under its shade."

Today's reading describes the process of growth of the fruitful seed (Mk. 4: 1-20). The seed is the gospel and the ground is the good soil in the heart of the believer or the Church. This parable describes the seed sown by man through the preaching of the gospel (v.26). Once it has taken root, the growth of the seed is sure, constant, gradual and energised by God to reach its optimal point before harvest (vv. 27-29). This implies that spiritual maturity does not happen overnight and God will eventually seek for a harvest ofHis invested resources in our lives.

In verses 30-32, Jesus described the great power in the seed ofHis word. The word of God may look small, ineffective and powerless like a mustard seed, but when sown into a receptive heart, has the capacity to develop men into spiritual giants to give succour to others in time of need. The challenge to believers is to first allow the seed of His word to permeate their hearts, training them to develop into mature Christians to help others. Every promise in His word sown into a receptive heart has the power to overcome challenges, either gradually or immediately. It is also important to scatter the seed daily through evangelism. God will water such labour and 'grains' of converts will be produced.

*PRAYER:*
Pray that God shall awaken His Church again to evangelism and missions.

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY:*
God says

_"I will keep watch over you and guard you forever."_ *Psalm 12:7*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:59am On May 16, 2023
Date: 2023-May-16

🎯TOPIC: PERSISTENCE IN PRAYER

✝️ TEXT: : Luke 11: 5-13(NKJV)
11:5. And He said to them, "Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves;
11:6. 'for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him';
11:7. "and he will answer from within and say, 'Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you'?
11:8. "I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.
11:9. " So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
11:10. "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
11:11. "If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if [he asks] for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?
11:12. "Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
11:13. "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

✝️🗒️STUDY: Many years ago, one of my friends, based on relationship, visited at night without prior information. There was no food due to an emergency that prevented me from going to the market that day. Owing to our relationship, I boldly went to my mother who was living in the same town in that late hour to collect food. In Luke 11, the prayer life of Jesus Christ so much challenged his disciples that on a certain day, they requested Master Jesus, to teach them how to pray. After giving a model of regular prayer (Lk. 11: 1-4), he taught importunity in prayer based on friendly relationship with God. From our text,
a) The two major characters are friends;
b) A friend is bold to visit his friend's house anytime;
c) A friend sacrifices, reaching out to others to help his friend without discouragement.
The implications of this teaching to our prayer life are:
i) We need to make God our friend by being born again and living righteous and holy lives.
ii) We can then approach the throne of His grace with boldness to seek help anytime(Heb.4: 16)
iii) We should not be discouraged by seemingly negative situations around us; we must persevere until we receive answers.
iv)We should be ready to intercede for the needs of our friends anytime.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord, make me an active and a fruitful intercessor, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:26am On May 17, 2023
Date: 2023-May-17

🎯TOPIC: BEWARE OF GREED

✝️ TEXT: TEXT: Luke 12: 13-21(NKJV)
12:13. Then one from the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”
12:14. But He said to him, “Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?”
12:15. And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.”
12:16. Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully.
12:17. “And he thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’
12:18. “So he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods.
12:19. ‘And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, [and] be merry.” ‘
12:20. “But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’
12:21. “So [is] he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”

✝️🗒️STUDY: Jesus completed a wonderful message on God’s commitment to providing the necessities of life and the need to live lives free of hypocrisy. A man in that meeting asked Jesus “Teacher, tell my brother to divide his inheritance with me” (v. 13). Apparently, the man had not heard the message. He was bodily present, but was too pre-occupied with the thought of property and money to really understand the message. Jesus’ reaction to this man’s request was very strong:”Watch out! Be on your guard.” This was double warning. The Lord is more concerned with higher and noble issues such as salvation, life, heaven and eternity. The mission of Jesus was not to divide properties but to give man abundant and eternal life.
Similarly, today, men find it difficult to sit under the tutelage of God’s word during personal and family devotions, programmes, conferences, etc. Many are more concerned with greed or covetousness for more earthly possessions. This leads to cravings for material things, fleshly indulgence and even snatching what belongs to others. However, a man’s real happiness and comfort does not depend upon what he has(v.15). James warned that the reason for much hostility, murder and other vices in the society is greed (James 4:1-2). So, guard your heart and reorder your priorities to tally with eternal issues.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Pray that God will make us more knowledgeable about Him (v.21)
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:04am On May 18, 2023
Date: 2023-May-18
(Ascension Day)

🎯TOPIC: HE WAS TAKEN UP

✝️ TEXT: Luke 24:49-53(NKJV)
24:49. “Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”
24:50. And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them.
24:51. Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven.
24:52. And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,
24:53. and were continually in the temple praising and blessing God. Amen.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Ascension teaches us that Christ physically departed from earth on the 40 Day after his resurrection. He ascended into Heaven, in the presence of eleven of his disciples. The Ascension signifies the Kingship of Christ, victorious accomplishment of His mission of salvation, supremacy over the law of gravity, fulfilment of God’s word (Acts 26:23) and assurance that believers will ascend like him during the rapture. He ascended to give gifts to men for the perfection of the saints and for the work of the ministry (Eph. 4:10-12). He ascended to sit at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high, far above all principalities, powers and every name and rank that is named both now and forever, Hallelujah! (Heb. 1:3-4).
He blessed his disciples and God through the ascension, validated the message of Christ as Messiah (Acts 17:3). The disciples responded to his ascension by worshipping him. His ascension teaches us to worship Him as Messiah, to have confidence in His supremacy over earthly forces that trouble us and the hope of rising with Him if we are truly born again and are living right. Are you ready to ascend when the trumpet sounds to call the saints unto the marriage supper of the Lamb?

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Ask for God’s enablement to be prepared when the trumpet sounds for the rapture of the saints.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:13am On May 19, 2023
Date: 2023-May-19

🎯TOPIC: THE DAY OF THE LORD

✝ TEXT: 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17(NKJV)
2:1. Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,
2:2. not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.
2:3. Let no one deceive you by any means; for [that Day will not come] unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
2:4. who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
2:5. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
2:6. And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time.
2:7. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains [will do so] until He is taken out of the way.
2:8. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.
2:9. The coming of the [lawless one] is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
2:10. and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2:11. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
2:12. that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2:13. But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,
2:14. to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2:15. Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.
2:16. Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given [us] everlasting consolation and good hope by grace,
2:17. comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

✝🗒STUDY: The Day of the Lord refers to when Jesus will come to gather the Saints to Himself(v. 1). This day will be preceded by significant events such as:
1, The revelation of the man of lawlessness who will seek to be worshipped as God(vv.3-4).
2. Great manifestations of lawlessness, accompanied by power, signs and lying wonders to deceive people (v.9).
3, Falling away of people into error and increased pleasure in sinful lifestyles or unrighteousness (vv. 3, vv.12b).
3. Strong delusion sent by God upon those who chose to believe the lying wonders of the enemy rather that the simple truth of the Gospel (v10-11).
Many of these events such as wanton lawlessness, robbery, sexual promiscuity, murder, kidnapping, etc., are happening in the world today with impunity. These events can make believers to be troubled and shaken in their faith. Hence, the Bible warns us to stand firm, love the truth, and guard against any form of deceit (vv. 2-3, 10, 15). In the Lord Jesus Christ, we have consolation, good hope by grace, so let us be comforted, strengthened and committed to doing good works and speaking edifying words to uplift each other(v. 17). Jesus will surely come to redeem His own onto glory from this corruptible world.

✝🙏 PRAYER: Use verses 16 to 17 for your prayer today.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:38am On May 20, 2023
Date: 2023-May-20

🎯TOPIC: NOT EVERYONE HAS FAITH

✝ TEXT: 2 Thessalonians 3:1-18(NKJV)
3:1. Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run [swiftly] and be glorified, just as [it is] with you,
3:2. and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith.
3:3. But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard [you] from the evil one.
3:4. And we have confidence in the Lord concerning you, both that you do and will do the things we command you.
3:5. Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ.
3:6. But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us.
3:7. For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you;
3:8. nor did we eat anyone’s bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you,
3:9. not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.
3:10. For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.
3:11. For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies.
3:12. Now those who are such we command and exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread.
3:13. But [as for] you, brethren, do not grow weary [in] doing good.
3:14. And if anyone does not obey our word in this epistle, note that person and do not keep company with him, that he may be ashamed.
3:15. Yet do not count [him] as an enemy, but admonish [him] as a brother.
3:16. Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord [be] with you all.
3:17. The salutation of Paul with my own hand, which is a sign in every epistle; so I write.
3:18. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you all. Amen.

✝🗒STUDY: Christians need to be conscious that not every person has the faith of Christ. Many people we meet daily are not just unbelievers but intentionally hostile to the faith of Christ. Some are ready to kill at the least provocation of hearing the message of the gospel of Christ. The Thessalonian believers suffered severe persecutions from such people. To make matters worse, they had false brethren in their midst who were disorderly, busybodies, unwilling to work for a living, with lifestyles that are contrary to the gospel. Paul wrote: To comfort and encourage the Thessalonians and present day believers to continue in Christ amidst such challenges. Paul also experienced difficulties in ministry. He traveled frequently to strange cities where he was often not catered for and sometimes was even maltreated. Hence, he resorted to alternative ways to support himself so as not to be a burden to others and to be an example to others(vv.8-9).
This is an admonition for Christians to desist from laziness and idleness, to work willingly with their hands to support themselves and God’s work. Paul also requested for prayers for the quick spread of the gospel with glory (v.1) and for protection from evil and wicked men (v.2). We need these kinds of prayers for Christians especially for Ministers of the Gospel in these evil days.

✝🙏 PRAYER: Use verses 1-2 to pray for all church/fellowship leaders and ministers of the gospel.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:27am On May 21, 2023
Date: 2023-May-21
(Sunday after Ascension)

🎯TOPIC: MORE YET TO BE REVEALED!

✝️ TEXT: John 16:12-24(NKJV)
16:12. "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear [them] now.
16:13. "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority,] but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
16:14. "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.
16:15. "All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare [it] to you.
16:16. " A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father."
16:17. Then [some] of His disciples said among themselves, "What is this that He says to us, 'A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'; and, 'because I go to the Father'?"
16:18. They said therefore, "What is this that He says, 'A little while'? We do not know what He is saying."
16:19. Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, "Are you inquiring among yourselves about what I said, 'A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'?
16:20. "Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy.
16:21. "A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
16:22. "Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
16:23. "And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
16:24. "Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Jesus after many teachings told his disciples that there were yet more to say which they cannot bear (v.12). He informed them that the Holy Spirit would come to guide them into all truth. He stated that the Holy Spirit would always glorify Him and never contradict His teachings (vv. 13-15). This is a major way of testing whether a prophecy or revelation attributed to the Holy Spirit is in line with the Scripture.
We need the Holy Spirit to expound the word of God to us. Unfortunately, some get carried away by little revelations which can lead to spiritual pride, a false sense of maturity and an unwillingness to seek to know God better. Socrates, the great philosopher said; “The only thing l know is that I know nothing.” As we draw closer to God through daily, intentional study and meditation on the bible, as well as prayers, we become more aware of our emptiness and ignorance. The habit of coming daily to God in humility and openness to obtain fresh instructions will unravel deeper meanings of the Scriptures, change us more into His image, as well as equip us with increased grace and boldness to function as God's children amidst challenges. God encourages us to ask for knowledge for our joy to be complete (vv. 23-24). It is the glory of kings to search hidden things out(Prov.25:2).

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, reveal yourself more to us, in Jesus' name. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:11am On May 22, 2023
Date: 2023-May-22

🎯TOPIC: THE WISDOM FROM GOD

✝️ TEXT: 1 Kings 4:20-34(NKJV)
4:20. Judah and Israel [were] as numerous as the sand by the sea in multitude, eating and drinking and rejoicing.
4:21. So Solomon reigned over all kingdoms from the River [to] the land of the Philistines, as far as the border of Egypt. [They] brought tribute and served Solomon all the days of his life.
4:22. Now Solomon's provision for one day was thirty kors of fine flour, sixty kors of meal,
4:23. ten fatted oxen, twenty oxen from the pastures, and one hundred sheep, besides deer, gazelles, roebucks, and fatted fowl.
4:24. For he had dominion over all [the region] on this side of the River from Tiphsah even to Gaza, namely over all the kings on this side of the River; and he had peace on every side all around him.
4:25. And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, each man under his vine and his fig tree, from Dan as far as Beersheba, all the days of Solomon.
4:26. Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.
4:27. And these governors, each man in his month, provided food for King Solomon and for all who came to King Solomon's table. There was no lack in their supply.
4:28. They also brought barley and straw to the proper place, for the horses and steeds, each man according to his charge.
4:29. And God gave Solomon wisdom and exceedingly great understanding, and largeness of heart like the sand on the seashore.
4:30. Thus Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the men of the East and all the wisdom of Egypt.
4:31. For he was wiser than all men -- than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol; and his fame was in all the surrounding nations.
4:32. He spoke three thousand proverbs, and his songs were one thousand and five.
4:33. Also he spoke of trees, from the cedar tree of Lebanon even to the hyssop that springs out of the wall; he spoke also of animals, of birds, of creeping things, and of fish.
4:34. And men of all nations, from all the kings of the earth who had heard of his wisdom, came to hear the wisdom of Solomon.

✝️🗒️STUDY: King Solomon ruled as king in Israel after the death of King David his father. He was popularly known for the display of wisdom and wealth given to him by God (1 Kings 3:12-13). În today's text, we see the manifestations of this wisdom and greatness displayed through leadership and dominance over many nations, prosperity in livestock, surplus daily provisions, administrative ingenuity, ability to compose multifarious songs and proverbs from nature. God gave him exceptionally high wisdom and understanding like the sand on the seashore, above all other men (vv. 29-31). Judah and Israel experienced peace, abundance of provisions and all-round prosperity during his reign because of this God-given wisdom.
James 3:17 describes godly wisdom as pure, peaceful, gentle, willing to yield to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and hypocrisy. As God's children, we can also experience this kind of wisdom to excel and subdue challenging situations. However, we must surrender our lives completely to Christ and live in obedience to His word. Above all, we must ask God for wisdom in faith without doubting (James 1: 5), through Christ who has become the wisdom of God (1 Cor. 1: 30). This wisdom will enable us excel in all spiritual and physical matters.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Dear Lord, I surrender my life to you and ask for wisdom to serve you acceptably, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:49am On May 23, 2023
Date: 2023-May-23

🎯TOPIC: PREPARATIONS FOR BUILDING THE TEMPLE

✝️ TEXT: 1 Kings 5: 1-18(NKJV)
5:1. Now Hiram king of Tyre sent his servants to Solomon, because he heard that they had anointed him king in place of his father, for Hiram had always loved David.
5:2. Then Solomon sent to Hiram, saying:
5:3. You know how my father David could not build a house for the name of the LORD his God because of the wars which were fought against him on every side, until the LORD put [his foes] under the soles of his feet.
5:4. But now the LORD my God has given me rest on every side; [there is] neither adversary nor evil occurrence.
5:5. And behold, I propose to build a house for the name of the LORD my God, as the LORD spoke to my father David, saying, "Your son, whom I will set on your throne in your place, he shall build the house for My name."
5:6. Now therefore, command that they cut down cedars for me from Lebanon; and my servants will be with your servants, and I will pay you wages for your servants according to whatever you say. For you know [there is] none among us who has skill to cut timber like the Sidonians.
5:7. So it was, when Hiram heard the words of Solomon, that he rejoiced greatly and said, Blessed [be] the LORD this day, for He has given David a wise son over this great people!
5:8. Then Hiram sent to Solomon, saying: I have considered [the message] which you sent me, [and] I will do all you desire concerning the cedar and cypress logs.
5:9. My servants shall bring [them] down from Lebanon to the sea; I will float them in rafts by sea to the place you indicate to me, and will have them broken apart there; then you can take [them] away. And you shall fulfill my desire by giving food for my household.
5:10. Then Hiram gave Solomon cedar and cypress logs [according to] all his desire.
5:11. And Solomon gave Hiram twenty thousand kors of wheat [as] food for his household, and twenty kors of pressed oil. Thus Solomon gave to Hiram year by year.
5:12. So the LORD gave Solomon wisdom, as He had promised him; and there was peace between Hiram and Solomon, and the two of them made a treaty together.
5:13. Then King Solomon raised up a labor force out of all Israel; and the labor force was thirty thousand men.
5:14. And he sent them to Lebanon, ten thousand a month in shifts: they were one month in Lebanon [and] two months at home; Adoniram [was] in charge of the labor force.
5:15. Solomon had seventy thousand who carried burdens, and eighty thousand who quarried [stone] in the mountains,
5:16. besides three thousand three hundred from the chiefs of Solomon's deputies, who supervised the people who labored in the work.
5:17. And the king commanded them to quarry large stones, costly stones, [and] hewn stones, to lay the foundation of the temple.
5:18. So Solomon's builders, Hiram's builders, and the Gebalites quarried [them;] and they prepared timber and stones to build the temple.

✝️🗒️STUDY: King David wanted to build a house for the Lord, but God told him that his son Solomon would do it. Note the kind of preparations Solomon made for the temple. He approached Hiram, King of Tyre, to supply timber/logs, using his men who were experts in the field. Solomon in turn, supplied food items to Hiram. These two kings kept the terms of this agreement resulting in a peaceful relationship. How do you handle agreements between you and others? Do you keep or break the terms?

Solomon raised enough foremen for supervision, carriers and stone cutters, who worked in shifts with Hiram’s men (vv. 13-14). Proper planning and expert hands were also used to produce quality work. This teaches us to plan our lives properly and to go for expertise above tribal and personal sentiments in choosing workers in the church and nation. It also teaches us to strive for mastery and excellence in all we do so as to be qualified for selection in future positions. If we fail to prepare adequately, then failure and poor quality services are inevitable. Our God deserves the best. Spiritually, we are God’s temple (2 Cor. 6:16). How much devotion and preparedness do we give to personal study and meditation on the bible, Christian programmes, and fasting and prayers to build up our spiritual temple?

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, grant me the grace to give proper preparation and expertise in anything I set my hands to do. In Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:55am On May 24, 2023
Date: 2023-May-24

🎯TOPIC: VISION ACCOMPLISHED

✝️ TEXT: 1 Kings 6: 1-18(NKJV)
6:1. And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel had come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month of Ziv, which [is] the second month, that he began to build the house of the LORD.
6:2. Now the house which King Solomon built for the LORD, its length [was] sixty cubits, its width twenty, and its height thirty cubits.
6:3. The vestibule in front of the sanctuary of the house [was] twenty cubits long across the width of the house, [and] the width of [the vestibule extended] ten cubits from the front of the house.
6:4. And he made for the house windows with beveled frames.
6:5. Against the wall of the temple he built chambers all around, [against] the walls of the temple, all around the sanctuary and the inner sanctuary. Thus he made side chambers all around it.
6:6. The lowest chamber [was] five cubits wide, the middle [was] six cubits wide, and the third [was] seven cubits wide; for he made narrow ledges around the outside of the temple, so that [the support beams] would not be fastened into the walls of the temple.
6:7. And the temple, when it was being built, was built with stone finished at the quarry, so that no hammer or chisel [or] any iron tool was heard in the temple while it was being built.
6:8. The doorway for the middle story [was] on the right side of the temple. They went up by stairs to the middle [story,] and from the middle to the third.
6:9. So he built the temple and finished it, and he paneled the temple with beams and boards of cedar.
6:10. And he built side chambers against the entire temple, each five cubits high; they were attached to the temple with cedar beams.
6:11. Then the word of the LORD came to Solomon, saying:
6:12. "[Concerning] this temple which you are building, if you walk in My statutes, execute My judgments, keep all My commandments, and walk in them, then I will perform My word with you, which I spoke to your father David.
6:13. "And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake My people Israel."
6:14. So Solomon built the temple and finished it.
6:15. And he built the inside walls of the temple with cedar boards; from the floor of the temple to the ceiling he paneled the inside with wood; and he covered the floor of the temple with planks of cypress.
6:16. Then he built the twenty-cubit room at the rear of the temple, from floor to ceiling, with cedar boards; he built [it] inside as the inner sanctuary, as the Most Holy [Place.]
6:17. And in front of it the temple sanctuary was forty cubits [long.]
6:18. The inside of the temple was cedar, carved with ornamental buds and open flowers. All [was] cedar; there was no stone [to be] seen.

✝️🗒️STUDY: King Solomon started building the temple in the fourth year of his reign and four hundred and eighty years after Israel came out of Egypt. Today’s passage contains details of the temple design; complexity, uniqueness and magnificence. God put the plan in the heart of David and he in turn developed it in writing and handed it over to Solomon (1 Chron. 28:11, 19) for actualisation. Verse 7 describes how the temple was built in absolute quietness. Stones and blocks were prepared from the quarry before they were brought and fitted perfectly into the temple structure.

Likewise, believers need to build up themselves privately in their personal quarry of deep study of the bible and prayers before occupying positions in the Church of God. Already prepared vessels fit into their God-given assignments without “noise.” This will bring much honour and respect needed in God's sanctuary for the Holy Spirit to operate as He wills. Note that Solomon built and completed the temple; God is not interested in uncompleted projects. Do all you can to finish personal, God-given projects and your Christian life, well. Finally, God stressed that He demands our loyalty and obedience to His word more than physical structures and services rendered to him (vv. 11-12). When we obey Him, He will bless us.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Dear Lord, I need Your grace to begin and complete my goals and vision to your glory.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:59am On May 25, 2023
Date: 2023-May-25

🎯TOPIC: DEDICATION OF THE TEMPLE

✝️ TEXT: 1 Kings 8: 1-21(NKJV)
8:1. Now Solomon assembled the elders of Israel and all the heads of the tribes, the chief fathers of the children of Israel, to King Solomon in Jerusalem, that they might bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD from the City of David, which [is] Zion.
8:2. Therefore all the men of Israel assembled with King Solomon at the feast in the month of Ethanim, which [is] the seventh month.
8:3. So all the elders of Israel came, and the priests took up the ark.
8:4. Then they brought up the ark of the LORD, the tabernacle of meeting, and all the holy furnishings that [were] in the tabernacle. The priests and the Levites brought them up.
8:5. Also King Solomon, and all the congregation of Israel who were assembled with him, [were] with him before the ark, sacrificing sheep and oxen that could not be counted or numbered for multitude.
8:6. Then the priests brought in the ark of the covenant of the LORD to its place, into the inner sanctuary of the temple, to the Most Holy [Place,] under the wings of the cherubim.
8:7. For the cherubim spread [their] two wings over the place of the ark, and the cherubim overshadowed the ark and its poles.
8:8. The poles extended so that the ends of the poles could be seen from the holy [place,] in front of the inner sanctuary; but they could not be seen from outside. And they are there to this day.
8:9. Nothing [was] in the ark except the two tablets of stone which Moses put there at Horeb, when the LORD made [a covenant] with the children of Israel, when they came out of the land of Egypt.
8:10. And it came to pass, when the priests came out of the holy [place,] that the cloud filled the house of the LORD,
8:11. so that the priests could not continue ministering because of the cloud; for the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD.
8:12. Then Solomon spoke: "The LORD said He would dwell in the dark cloud.
8:13. I have surely built You an exalted house, And a place for You to dwell in forever."
8:14. Then the king turned around and blessed the whole assembly of Israel, while all the assembly of Israel was standing.
8:15. And he said: "Blessed [be] the LORD God of Israel, who spoke with His mouth to my father David, and with His hand has fulfilled [it,] saying,
8:16. 'Since the day that I brought My people Israel out of Egypt, I have chosen no city from any tribe of Israel [in which] to build a house, that My name might be there; but I chose David to be over My people Israel.'
8:17. "Now it was in the heart of my father David to build a temple for the name of the LORD God of Israel.
8:18. "But the LORD said to my father David, 'Whereas it was in your heart to build a temple for My name, you did well that it was in your heart.
8:19. 'Nevertheless you shall not build the temple, but your son who will come from your body, he shall build the temple for My name.'
8:20. "So the LORD has fulfilled His word which He spoke; and I have filled the position of my father David, and sit on the throne of Israel, as the LORD promised; and I have built a temple for the name of the LORD God of Israel.
8:21. "And there I have made a place for the ark, in which [is] the covenant of the LORD which He made with our fathers, when He brought them out of the land of Egypt."

✝️🗒️STUDY: King Solomon finished the temple, dedicated it with an elaborate ceremony which featured bringing up the ark, the tabernacle of meeting and holy furnishings; generous sacrifices; joyous praise and thanksgiving. The ark of God was put in the MOST HOLY place by the Priests. Inside it were two tablets of stone containing God's commandments. The glory came down after all these steps were completed. To experience the glory of God as a present day temple of the Lord (2 Cor. 6:16b), we must undertake the same steps taken by the Priests in the physical temple. This means putting the Scriptures (which contains God’s instructions) inside your life and ensuring that God’s presence fills your life daily through holiness, devotion and prayers. Failure to do this will make you a temple in name, without God’s presence and glory. There are no shortcuts.

When the glory came, the owner of the temple took over and Priests could not minister. May we live to experience God's glory in our lives to the intent that God will be in complete charge of our decisions and actions in Jesus’ Name. Note that Solomon praised God for fulfilling the promise made to his father David and for its accomplishment. Learn to always thank God for fulfilling His promises to you and for your achievements.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord, help me to prepare my life daily in order to experience your glory, in Jesus’ name. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:01am On May 26, 2023
Date: 2023-May-26

🎯TOPIC: SOLOMON'S PRAYER DURING THE DEDICATION OF THE TEMPLE

✝️ TEXT: 1 Kings 8: 22-53(NKJV)
8:22. Then Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands toward heaven;
8:23. and he said: "LORD God of Israel, [there is] no God in heaven above or on earth below like You, who keep [Your] covenant and mercy with Your servants who walk before You with all their hearts.
8:24. "You have kept what You promised Your servant David my father; You have both spoken with Your mouth and fulfilled [it] with Your hand, as [it is] this day.
8:25. "Therefore, LORD God of Israel, now keep what You promised Your servant David my father, saying, 'You shall not fail to have a man sit before Me on the throne of Israel, only if your sons take heed to their way, that they walk before Me as you have walked before Me.'
8:26. "And now I pray, O God of Israel, let Your word come true, which You have spoken to Your servant David my father.
8:27. "But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I have built!
8:28. "Yet regard the prayer of Your servant and his supplication, O LORD my God, and listen to the cry and the prayer which Your servant is praying before You today:
8:29. "that Your eyes may be open toward this temple night and day, toward the place of which You said, 'My name shall be there,' that You may hear the prayer which Your servant makes toward this place.
8:30. "And may You hear the supplication of Your servant and of Your people Israel, when they pray toward this place. Hear in heaven Your dwelling place; and when You hear, forgive.
8:31. " When anyone sins against his neighbor, and is forced to take an oath, and comes [and] takes an oath before Your altar in this temple,
8:32. "then hear in heaven, and act, and judge Your servants, condemning the wicked, bringing his way on his head, and justifying the righteous by giving him according to his righteousness.
8:33. " When Your people Israel are defeated before an enemy because they have sinned against You, and when they turn back to You and confess Your name, and pray and make supplication to You in this temple,
8:34. "then hear in heaven, and forgive the sin of Your people Israel, and bring them back to the land which You gave to their fathers.
8:35. " When the heavens are shut up and there is no rain because they have sinned against You, when they pray toward this place and confess Your name, and turn from their sin because You afflict them,
8:36. "then hear in heaven, and forgive the sin of Your servants, Your people Israel, that You may teach them the good way in which they should walk; and send rain on Your land which You have given to Your people as an inheritance.
8:37. " When there is famine in the land, pestilence [or] blight [or] mildew, locusts [or] grasshoppers; when their enemy besieges them in the land of their cities; whatever plague or whatever sickness [there is;]
8:38. "whatever prayer, whatever supplication is made by anyone, [or] by all Your people Israel, when each one knows the plague of his own heart, and spreads out his hands toward this temple:
8:39. "then hear in heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and act, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of all the sons of men),
8:40. "that they may fear You all the days that they live in the land which You gave to our fathers.
8:41. " Moreover, concerning a foreigner, who [is] not of Your people Israel, but has come from a far country for Your name's sake
8:42. '(for they will hear of Your great name and Your strong hand and Your outstretched arm), when he comes and prays toward this temple,
8:43. "hear in heaven Your dwelling place, and do according to all for which the foreigner calls to You, that all peoples of the earth may know Your name and fear You, as [do] Your people Israel, and that they may know that this temple which I have built is called by Your name.
44 “When Your people go out to battle against their enemy, wherever You send them, and when they pray to the Lord toward the city which You have chosen and the temple which I have built for Your name, 45 then hear in heaven their prayer and their supplication, and maintain their [c]cause.
46 “When they sin against You (for there is no one who does not sin), and You become angry with them and deliver them to the enemy, and they take them captive to the land of the enemy, far or near; 47 yet when they [d]come to themselves in the land where they were carried captive, and repent, and make supplication to You in the land of those who took them captive, saying, ‘We have sinned and done wrong, we have committed wickedness’; 48 and when they return to You with all their heart and with all their soul in the land of their enemies who led them away captive, and pray to You toward their land which You gave to their fathers, the city which You have chosen and the temple which I have built for Your name: 49 then hear in heaven Your dwelling place their prayer and their supplication, and maintain their [e]cause, 50 and forgive Your people who have sinned against You, and all their transgressions which they have transgressed against You; and grant them compassion before those who took them captive, that they may have compassion on them 51 (for they are Your people and Your inheritance, whom You brought out of Egypt, out of the iron furnace), 52 that Your eyes may be open to the supplication of Your servant and the supplication of Your people Israel, to listen to them whenever they call to You. 53 For You separated them from among all the peoples of the earth to be Your inheritance, as You spoke by Your servant Moses, when You brought our fathers out of Egypt, O Lord God.”

✝️🗒️STUDY: King Solomon gave his time and attention to prayer during the dedication of the temple. He employed the “ACTS” of prayers: Adoration, Confession of sins, Thanksgiving and Supplication. He began by adoring God (vv. 23-24) as a God above all other gods who also keeps covenants with those who are faithful to him. It is necessary that we approach God first with worship and thanksgiving. Unfortunately, some Christians prefer to spend very little time in this area. Verse 27 expresses the humility of King Solomon who did not consider the magnificent temple he built as something to boast about. He rather saw it as nothing compared to the heavens which cannot even contain God. How do you see yourself before God when you have achieved a great feat?

The content of his supplication to God was overwhelming, touching every aspect of his nation. Most important was his request for God’s presence in the temple, to hear people when they pray. Other points he raised in his prayer request were: Justice for the people, forgiveness when they sin and come back confessing, God’s intervention in times of wars, famine, and plague, etc. Brethren, let us earnestly pray for the presence of the Lord to dwell in our personal lives and the Church. Pray for our nation like King Solomon did.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Grant us the burden to pray, Oh Lord!
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 12:32pm On May 27, 2023
Date: 2023-May-27

🎯TOPIC: THE POWER OF OVERWHELMING SACRIFICE

✝️ TEXT: 1 Kings 8: 54-9: 9(NKJV)
8:54 And so it was, when Solomon had finished praying all this prayer and supplication to the LORD, that he arose from before the altar of the LORD, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven.
8:55 Then he stood and blessed all the assembly of Israel with a loud voice, saying:
8:56 "Blessed [be] the LORD, who has given rest to His people Israel, according to all that He promised. There has not failed one word of all His good promise, which He promised through His servant Moses.
8:57 "May the LORD our God be with us, as He was with our fathers. May He not leave us nor forsake us,
8:58 "that He may incline our hearts to Himself, to walk in all His ways, and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, which He commanded our fathers.
8:59 "And may these words of mine, with which I have made supplication before the LORD, be near the LORD our God day and night, that He may maintain the cause of His servant and the cause of His people Israel, as each day may require,
8:60 "that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD [is] God; [there is] no other.
8:61 "Let your heart therefore be loyal to the LORD our God, to walk in His statutes and keep His commandments, as at this day."
8:62 Then the king and all Israel with him offered sacrifices before the LORD.
8:63 And Solomon offered a sacrifice of peace offerings, which he offered to the LORD, twenty-two thousand bulls and one hundred and twenty thousand sheep. So the king and all the children of Israel dedicated the house of the LORD.
8:64 On the same day the king consecrated the middle of the court that [was] in front of the house of the LORD; for there he offered burnt offerings, grain offerings, and the fat of the peace offerings, because the bronze altar that [was] before the LORD [was] too small to receive the burnt offerings, the grain offerings, and the fat of the peace offerings.
8:65 At that time Solomon held a feast, and all Israel with him, a great assembly from the entrance of Hamath to the Brook of Egypt, before the LORD our God, seven days and seven [more] days -- fourteen days.
8:66 On the eighth day he sent the people away; and they blessed the king, and went to their tents joyful and glad of heart for all the good that the LORD had done for His servant David, and for Israel His people.
9:1 And it came to pass, when Solomon had finished building the house of the LORD and the king's house, and all Solomon's desire which he wanted to do,
9:2 that the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as He had appeared to him at Gibeon.
9:3 And the LORD said to him: "I have heard your prayer and your supplication that you have made before Me; I have consecrated this house which you have built to put My name there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.
9:4 "Now if you walk before Me as your father David walked, in integrity of heart and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded you, [and] if you keep My statutes and My judgments,
9:5 "then I will establish the throne of your kingdom over Israel forever, as I promised David your father, saying, 'You shall not fail to have a man on the throne of Israel.'
9:6 "[But] if you or your sons at all turn from following Me, and do not keep My commandments [and] My statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods and worship them,
9:7 "then I will cut off Israel from the land which I have given them; and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight. Israel will be a proverb and a byword among all peoples.
9:8 "And [as for] this house, [which] is exalted, everyone who passes by it will be astonished and will hiss, and say, 'Why has the LORD done thus to this land and to this house?'
9:9 Then they will answer, ‘Because they forsook the Lord their God, who brought their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have embraced other gods, and worshiped them and served them; therefore the Lord has brought all this calamity on them,''

✝️🗒️STUDY: Israel experienced God’s glory in the temple dedication ceremony. Solomon first appealed to the Israelites to keep God’s commandments to obtain answered prayers (v.61). Solomon sacrificed twenty-two thousand bulls and twenty thousand sheep, numerous burnt, peace and grain offerings. He celebrated the festival for fourteen days. Israel happily ate, drank and blessed their king. The sacrificial offerings Solomon lavished attracted God to appear personally to him saying: “I have heard your prayers; I have hallowed this house” (1 Kings 9:3).

Men of immense sacrifices and unalloyed obedience always attract God’s attention. It is unfortunate that many people sacrifice hours and huge resources for games, fashion, socio-cultural activities, social media, etc., but get irritated and infuriated when it comes to sacrifices and obedience to God. I was in a church many years ago when a man brought two hundred naira to the altar table to thank God for helping him to buy a car and I really marvelled. The car cost millions of naira and the owner brought 200 naira for thanksgiving prayers. That money was not enough to pump air in the car tyres. This is the kind of misnomer that characterises the life of some Christians. Beloved, a life of obedience and sacrifice yields much dividends with God. Therefore, possess these qualities so that God can positively respond to your calls.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Take my silver and gold, O Lord.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:53am On May 28, 2023
Date: 2023-May-28
(Pentecost/Whit Sunday)

🎯TOPIC: THE OUTPOURING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

✝️ TEXT: Acts 2:1-21(NKJV)
2:1. When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2:2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
2:3. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and [one] sat upon each of them.
2:4. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
2:5. And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.
2:6. And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language.
2:7. Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, "Look, are not all these who speak Galileans?
2:8. "And how [is it that] we hear, each in our own language in which we were born?
2:9. "Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
2:10. "Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,
2:11. "Cretans and Arabs -- we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God."
2:12. So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, "Whatever could this mean?"
2:13. Others mocking said, "They are full of new wine."
2:14. But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words.
2:15. "For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is [only] the third hour of the day.
2:16. "But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
2:17. 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.
2:18. And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy.
2:19. I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
2:20. The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.
2:21. And it shall come to pass [That] whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.'

✝️🗒️STUDY: Today in our communion, we celebrate the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Pentecost was one of the Jewish festivals which took place fifty days after the Passover. At Pentecost, the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples who were waiting in Jerusalem as Jesus instructed them. The Holy Spirit came in a supernatural way, with a sudden mighty wind and fire resting on each of them. They spoke in tongues as the Spirit enabled them, signifying that the gospel must be heard by people of other languages. This extraordinary event attracted other Jews who came and heard them speak in their own different languages and became amazed. Others however mocked them saying they were drunk just as we have scoffers today who mock the message of the Gospel. At this, Peter debunked the statement that they were drunk since it was just 9 am. It was rather a fulfilment of Joel's prophecy in Joel 2:28-32.
Today, as new covenant believers, the Holy Spirit is evidently indispensable in our lives and ministry. He teaches and guides us into all truths. He also empowers, counsels, reminds, comforts, enlightens, assists in evangelism and prayers, etc. We must ask God always to fill and refill us with the Holy Spirit for effective kingdom services and daily routines.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:37am On May 29, 2023
Date: 2023-May-29

🎯TOPIC: WHILE PETER WAS STILL SPEAKING

✝️ TEXT: Acts 10:34-48(NKJV)
10:34. Then Peter opened [his] mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality.
10:35. "But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.
10:36. "The word which [God] sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ -- He is Lord of all --
10:37. "that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached:
10:38. "how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
10:39. "And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem, whom they killed by hanging on a tree.
10:40. "Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly,
10:41. "not to all the people, but to witnesses chosen before by God, [even] to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead.
10:42. "And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God [to be] Judge of the living and the dead.
10:43. "To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins."
10:44. While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word.
10:45. And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.
10:46. For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God. Then Peter answered,
10:47. "Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we [have?"]
10:48. And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days.

✝️🗒️STUDY: The importance of the person and ministry of the Holy Spirit cannot be overemphasised as far as the ministry of Jesus Christ is concerned (v.38). Yesterday's devotion showed us how the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples. The effect was that Peter who denied Jesus in the past, stood up fearlessly to defend the gospel of Christ. Today, our text reveals how Peter went to Cornelius' house, a Gentile, for an evangelical outreach. Ordinarily, he would have resisted the invitation as a devout Jew but the Holy Spirit intervened and he obeyed. Surely, the Holy Spirit can dismantle ethnic biases in the lives of those who obey Him. Consider his messages about Christ, who was anointed with the Holy Spirit and power (v.38). If Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit, shall we not also be anointed?
To prove the involvement of the Holy Spirit in Peter's message, while he was still speaking, the Holy Spirit came upon all who heard the word. They spoke in tongues proving that God is for all flesh and not only for the Jews. Have you been baptised by the Holy Spirit like the disciples? You need this baptism to function to your utmost potential but first of all, you must repent of your sins and receive Jesus as Lord in your life.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Father, please baptise me with your Holy Spirit so that I can function according to your plan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / "Re-Electing Buhari Will Perpetuate Suffering" - Bishop Chukwuma / The Historicity Of The Books Of The Bible - Reference: Daniel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 359
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.