Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,850 members, 7,820,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) (10636 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:20am On May 30, 2023
✝️📗DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2023-May-30

🎯TOPIC: BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

✝️ TEXT: Acts 8:14-17(NKJV)
8:14. Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them,
8:15. who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit.
8:16. For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
8:17. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

✝️🗒️STUDY: When persecution broke out against the Church at Jerusalem, Philip the Evangelist went to Samaria and preached Christ to them. Signs and wonders followed his message and the people believed the gospel and became saved. In verse 14, on hearing that the Samaritans had been saved, the Apostles in Jerusalem sent Peter and John to them specifically for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. This mission was necessary because these Samaritans had only been baptised into the name of the Lord Jesus Christ (v.16). On reaching Samaria, they prayed and laid their hands on them to receive the Holy Spirit, and they received, to the glory of God.
Our text for today shows us the need to get baptised with the Holy Spirit after salvation. This experience will help us serve God better in the power ofHis Spirit rather than using our own human power. If the Apostles got baptised at Pentecost and ensured that new converts such as the Samaritans had the same experience, we must not neglect the baptism of the Holy Spirit. We must seek to be filled with the Holy Spirit so that we can have greater capacity to function in our God-given potentials and areas of service.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Dear Lord, please empty me so that the Holy Spirit can have His way in my life.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:14am On May 31, 2023

Date: 2023-May-31
(The visit of the Blessed Virgin Mary)

🎯TOPIC: BLESSED IS SHE WHO BELIEVES

✝️ TEXT: Luke 1:39-49(NKJV)
1:39. Now Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, to a city of Judah,
1:40. and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth.
1:41. And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
1:42. Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, "Blessed [are] you among women, and blessed [is] the fruit of your womb!
1:43. "But why [is] this [granted] to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
1:44. "For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
1:45. "Blessed [is] she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord."
1:46. And Mary said: "My soul magnifies the Lord,
1:47. And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
1:48. For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.
1:49. For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy [is] His name.

✝️🗒️STUDY: After the dialogue between Mary and Angel Gabriel, Mary visited her relative, Elizabeth, wife of Zacharias. Elizabeth was six months pregnant with her first son, John. When Mary greeted her, the baby in her womb leaped for Joy. Elizabeth became filled with the Holy Spirit and repeated what the angel said to Mary; “Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb.” There is always harmony in every issue the Holy Spirit is involved in, thus confirming the will of God. For an unborn baby to leap for joy when Elizabeth heard Mary's voice was a mystery and only faith in God's word can understand such an event.
Mary was declared blessed because she believed what God said. It takes a spiritual man to believe the word of God spoken to him when he has not experienced it. Such a man and his belief will cause the fulfilment to happen. Trust Gods word like Mary, in your challenges, whether it contradicts historical evidence, circumstantial, scientific or experiential realities or not, and the power above all will cause it to become a reality. Note also that the visit of Mary made Elizabeth to operate in higher spiritual dimensions. Learn from Mary and askGod to help you uplift people you come in contact with, unto higher spiritual levels.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord, I believe, help my unbelief.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:15am On Jun 01, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-01

🎯TOPIC: LISTEN TO THE VOICE OF JESUS

✝️ TEXT: John 10:22-42(NKJV)
10:22. Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter.
10:23. And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon's porch.
10:24. Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, "How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly."
10:25. Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me.
10:26. "But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.
10:27. "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
10:28. "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
10:29. "My Father, who has given [them] to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of My Father's hand.
10:30. "I and [My] Father are one."
10:31. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
10:32. Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?"
10:33. The Jews answered Him, saying, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God."
10:34. Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, "You are gods" '?
10:35. "If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),
10:36. "do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?
10:37. "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;
10:38. "but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father [is] in Me, and I in Him."
10:39. Therefore they sought again to seize Him, but He escaped out of their hand.
10:40. And He went away again beyond the Jordan to the place where John was baptizing at first, and there He stayed.
10:41. Then many came to Him and said, "John performed no sign, but all the things that John spoke about this Man were true."
10:42. And many believed in Him there.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Our text tells of Jesus' encounter with the Jews. Jesus went to the temple and the Jews immediately gathered round him saying,“How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly” (vv. 23-24). Jesus informed them that He had already answered their question through the works that bear witness of Him. He stated that they were not prepared to listen to his answer because they were not among His sheep (v.26). Listening to Jesus involves both hearing His voice and responding in obedience. Those who are His sheep know His voice and follow Him; they follow because He alone is the Good Shepherd who gives security, peace, joy and abundant life.
You may have 'heard' Jesus calling you, but have you 'listened' and responded to Him in faith? Jesus promised that those sheep that listen to Him have eternal life, shall never perish and nothing can snatch them away from His Hand(v.28). Whose voice are you listening to? Who are you obeying? As we begin a new month today, draw near to Him and listen closely to His voice. Nothing will cut you away from His divine promises.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord Jesus, help me to always listen to your voice and obey you faithfully in all situations. Amen.

HAPPY NEW MONTH
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:54am On Jun 02, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-02

🎯TOPIC: WALKING IN CHRIST IS WALKING IN DAYLIGHT

✝️ TEXT: TEXT: John 11:1-17(NKJV)
11:1. Now a certain [man] was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
11:2. It was [that] Mary who anointed the Lord with fragrant oil and wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.
11:3. Therefore the sisters sent to Him, saying, "Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick."
11:4. When Jesus heard [that,] He said, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it."
11:5. Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.
11:6. So, when He heard that he was sick, He stayed two more days in the place where He was.
11:7. Then after this He said to [the] disciples, "Let us go to Judea again."
11:8. [The] disciples said to Him, "Rabbi, lately the Jews sought to stone You, and are You going there again?"
11:9. Jesus answered, "Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world.
11:10. "But if one walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him."
11:11. These things He said, and after that He said to them, "Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up."
11:12. Then His disciples said, "Lord, if he sleeps he will get well."
11:13. However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep.
11:14. Then Jesus said to them plainly, "Lazarus is dead.
11:15. "And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, that you may believe. Nevertheless let us go to him."
11:16. Then Thomas, who is called the Twin, said to his fellow disciples, "Let us also go, that we may die with Him."
11:17. So when Jesus came, He found that he had already been in the tomb four days.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Although He heard the news of Lazarus' sickness, Jesus tarried for two more days. At the appointed time, he decided to go to Judea (v.7). But his disciples wondered why he would go through the territory of the Jews where his life was at stake?”“Jesus answered,“…If any man walks in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world”(v.9).
It is dangerous to walk without light. As the light of the world, Jesus was confident that even though He walked in the valley of the shadow of death, evil could not prevail over Him. No one can stop Him from fulfilling purpose. There is no need to entertain any fear while it is day. When you live your life in “the light of men”-John 1:4, that is, when you have given your life to Jesus, you need not entertain fear. As a child of God, when you walk in Jesus (John 9:5), no evil can overpower you, you will always come out victorious. You cannot stumble in Christ, because, He is the light. The reason people stumble in the night is because, there is no light(v.10b).

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Jesus, be thou my guide and hear me when I call. Let not my slippery footstep slide, lest I fall.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:34am On Jun 04, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-04
(Trinity Sunday)

🎯TOPIC: KNOWING THE LORD INTIMATELY

✝️ TEXT: John 14:8-17(NKJV)
14:8. Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."
14:9. Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
14:10. "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own [authority;] but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
14:11. "Believe Me that I [am] in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
14:12. " Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater [works] than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
14:13. "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14:14. "If you ask anything in My name, I will do [it.]
14:15. " If you love Me, keep My commandments.
14:16. "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever --
14:17. "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Jesus once again stresses the intimate connection between the Father and Himself-He is the full revelation of the Father but some of His disciples did not realise this. In our text, Jesus had just responded to Thomas' doubtful but honest question. Philip, wanting something specific and extraordinary, asked that Jesus show them the Father. Jesus therefore made an absolute statement, “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father”(v.9). Jesus queried their ignorance of His identity (i. e. being one with the Father) despite having been with them for about three years and with the many miraculous works he had performed amongst them.
There may be times we tend to forget who Jesus really is, just like some of the disciples. When we are challenged by the ups and downs of life, we may forget who He is. Today, the Lord would have us acknowledge that He is our Lord, Saviour, Redeemer and Mediator. Let us continually walk in faith and desire to grow in our knowledge of Christ daily.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I desire to know you more, please draw me nearer to you. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:05am On Jun 06, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-06

🎯TOPIC: AVOID DISTRACTIONS

✝️ TEXT: 2 Kings 10: 18-36(NKJV)

10:18. Then Jehu gathered all the people together, and said to them, "Ahab served Baal a little, Jehu will serve him much.
10:19. "Now therefore, call to me all the prophets of Baal, all his servants, and all his priests. Let no one be missing, for I have a great sacrifice for Baal. Whoever is missing shall not live." But Jehu acted deceptively, with the intent of destroying the worshipers of Baal.
10:20. And Jehu said, "Proclaim a solemn assembly for Baal." So they proclaimed [it.]
10:21. Then Jehu sent throughout all Israel; and all the worshipers of Baal came, so that there was not a man left who did not come. So they came into the temple of Baal, and the temple of Baal was full from one end to the other.
10:22. And he said to the one in charge of the wardrobe, "Bring out vestments for all the worshipers of Baal." So he brought out vestments for them.
10:23. Then Jehu and Jehonadab the son of Rechab went into the temple of Baal, and said to the worshipers of Baal, "Search and see that no servants of the LORD are here with you, but only the worshipers of Baal."
10:24. So they went in to offer sacrifices and burnt offerings. Now Jehu had appointed for himself eighty men on the outside, and had said, "[If] any of the men whom I have brought into your hands escapes, [whoever lets him escape, it shall be] his life for the life of the other."
10:25. Now it happened, as soon as he had made an end of offering the burnt offering, that Jehu said to the guard and to the captains, "Go in [and] kill them; let no one come out!" And they killed them with the edge of the sword; then the guards and the officers threw [them] out, and went into the inner room of the temple of Baal.
10:26. And they brought the [sacred] pillars out of the temple of Baal and burned them.
10:27. Then they broke down the [sacred] pillar of Baal, and tore down the temple of Baal and made it a refuse dump to this day.
10:28. Thus Jehu destroyed Baal from Israel.
10:29. However Jehu did not turn away from the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who had made Israel sin, [that is,] from the golden calves that [were] at Bethel and Dan.
10:30. And the LORD said to Jehu, "Because you have done well in doing [what is] right in My sight, [and] have done to the house of Ahab all that [was] in My heart, your sons shall sit on the throne of Israel to the fourth [generation."]
10:31. But Jehu took no heed to walk in the law of the LORD God of Israel with all his heart; for he did not depart from the sins of Jeroboam, who had made Israel sin.
10:32. In those days the LORD began to cut off [parts] of Israel; and Hazael conquered them in all the territory of Israel
10:33. from the Jordan eastward: all the land of Gilead -- Gad, Reuben, and Manasseh -- from Aroer, which [is] by the River Arnon, including Gilead and Bashan.
10:34. Now the rest of the acts of Jehu, all that he did, and all his might, [are] they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel?
10:35. So Jehu rested with his fathers, and they buried him in Samaria. Then Jehoahaz his son reigned in his place.
10:36. And the period that Jehu reigned over Israel in Samaria [was] twenty-eight years.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Having completed the destruction of the house of Ahab, Jehu turned his attention to the worshippers of Baal. He pretended to be one of them to lure out all the worshippers of Baal in Israel and Samaria for a great feast. As soon as they offered the sacrifices, Jehu ordered his guards to kill them all and to destroy the temple of Baal. In spite of this great accomplishment, Jehu was not completely devoted to the Lord. His continuing sinfulness led to the capture of all the territories east of the Jordan. However, God still blessed him for carrying out His instructions in regard to the house of Ahab. He was promised that four generations of his children would rule in Samaria.

How are you running your Christian race? Did you start well, but somewhere along the way, got distracted. The church in Ephesus was cautioned for forgetting her first love (Rev. 2:4) Today, let us learn from Jehu. We should not allow sin or any other weight hold us back from continuing in the good work God has begun in and through us. What a joy to begin and end in Jesus. Remember that “He that endures to the end, shall be saved” (Matt. 24:13).

✝️🙏PRAYER: O Lord, be my helper when life seems to distract me from following you faithfully to the end, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:57am On Jun 07, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-07

🎯TOPIC: SEEK THE LORD AND WALK BY FAITH

✝️ TEXT: 2 Kings 13:1-25(NKJV)

13:1. In the twenty-third year of Joash the son of Ahaziah, king of Judah, Jehoahaz the son of Jehu became king over Israel in Samaria, [and reigned] seventeen years.
13:2. And he did evil in the sight of the LORD, and followed the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who had made Israel sin. He did not depart from them.
13:3. Then the anger of the LORD was aroused against Israel, and He delivered them into the hand of Hazael king of Syria, and into the hand of Ben-Hadad the son of Hazael, all [their] days.
13:4. So Jehoahaz pleaded with the LORD, and the LORD listened to him; for He saw the oppression of Israel, because the king of Syria oppressed them.
13:5. Then the LORD gave Israel a deliverer, so that they escaped from under the hand of the Syrians; and the children of Israel dwelt in their tents as before.
13:6. Nevertheless they did not depart from the sins of the house of Jeroboam, who had made Israel sin, [but] walked in them; and the wooden image also remained in Samaria.
13:7. For He left of the army of Jehoahaz only fifty horsemen, ten chariots, and ten thousand foot soldiers; for the king of Syria had destroyed them and made them like the dust at threshing.
13:8. Now the rest of the acts of Jehoahaz, all that he did, and his might, [are] they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel?
13:9. So Jehoahaz rested with his fathers, and they buried him in Samaria. Then Joash his son reigned in his place.
13:10. In the thirty-seventh year of Joash king of Judah, Jehoash the son of Jehoahaz became king over Israel in Samaria, [and reigned] sixteen years.
13:11. And he did evil in the sight of the LORD. He did not depart from all the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who made Israel sin, [but] walked in them.
13:12. Now the rest of the acts of Joash, all that he did, and his might with which he fought against Amaziah king of Judah, [are] they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel?
13:13. So Joash rested with his fathers. Then Jeroboam sat on his throne. And Joash was buried in Samaria with the kings of Israel.
13:14. Elisha had become sick with the illness of which he would die. Then Joash the king of Israel came down to him, and wept over his face, and said, "O my father, my father, the chariots of Israel and their horsemen!"
13:15. And Elisha said to him, "Take a bow and some arrows." So he took himself a bow and some arrows.
13:16. Then he said to the king of Israel, "Put your hand on the bow." So he put his hand [on it,] and Elisha put his hands on the king's hands.
13:17. And he said, "Open the east window"; and he opened [it.] Then Elisha said, "Shoot"; and he shot. And he said, "The arrow of the LORD's deliverance and the arrow of deliverance from Syria; for you must strike the Syrians at Aphek till you have destroyed [them."]
13:18. Then he said, "Take the arrows"; so he took [them.] And he said to the king of Israel, "Strike the ground"; so he struck three times, and stopped.
13:19. And the man of God was angry with him, and said, "You should have struck five or six times; then you would have struck Syria till you had destroyed [it!] But now you will strike Syria [only] three times."
13:20. Then Elisha died, and they buried him. And the [raiding] bands from Moab invaded the land in the spring of the year.
13:21. So it was, as they were burying a man, that suddenly they spied a band [of raiders;] and they put the man in the tomb of Elisha; and when the man was let down and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived and stood on his feet.
13:22. And Hazael king of Syria oppressed Israel all the days of Jehoahaz.
13:23. But the LORD was gracious to them, had compassion on them, and regarded them, because of His covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and would not yet destroy them or cast them from His presence.
13:24. Now Hazael king of Syria died. Then Ben-Hadad his son reigned in his place.
13:25. And Jehoash the son of Jehoahaz recaptured from the hand of from the hand of Ben-Hadad, the son of Hazael, the cities which he had taken out of the hand of Jehoahaz his father by war. Three times Joash defeated him and recaptured the cities of Israel.

✝️🗒️STUDY: During the reign of Jehoahaz, the anger of God was aroused yet again, because the king did evil in the sight of God. God allowed Hazael king of Syria and his son Ben-Hadad to overpower Isreal to such an extent that many of the Israelites left their homes (vv. 3-5). The only reason Israel survived was because of God’s covenant with their patriachs - Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (vv. 22-23). Jehoahaz eventually sought the Lord; the Lord listened to his plea and provided a saviour for Israel that gave Israel rest for some time. His son, Jehoash, succeeded him. Even though he did evil in the sight of God, he visited Elisha concerning the situation of Isreal. Although Elisha was ill to the point of death, he predicted the victory of Israel.

That singular act of humble plea from Jehoahaz restored the Israelites back to their land. God answers those who in humility wholeheartedly seek Him in times of need (Ps. 46:1; Heb. 4:16). Jehoash also sought the help of God and got corresponding victory over the Syrians according to his faith (vv. 19, 25b). Let us learn to seek the Lord and walk by faith to be overcomers in all situations. God delivers all those who put their total trust in Him.

✝️🙏PRAYER: O my Father, help me to always act in faith and find help in times of need, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:49am On Jun 08, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-08

🎯TOPIC: THE COST OF PRIDE

✝️ TEXT:2 Kings 14:1-22(NKJV)

14:1. In the second year of Joash the son of Jehoahaz, king of Israel, Amaziah the son of Joash, king of Judah, became king.
14:2. He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned twenty-nine years in Jerusalem. His mother's name was Jehoaddan of Jerusalem.
14:3. And he did [what was] right in the sight of the LORD, yet not like his father David; he did everything as his father Joash had done.
14:4. However the high places were not taken away, and the people still sacrificed and burned incense on the high places.
14:5. Now it happened, as soon as the kingdom was established in his hand, that he executed his servants who had murdered his father the king.
14:6. But the children of the murderers he did not execute, according to what is written in the Book of the Law of Moses, in which the LORD commanded, saying, "Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall children be put to death for their fathers; but a person shall be put to death for his own sin."
14:7. He killed ten thousand Edomites in the Valley of Salt, and took Sela by war, and called its name Joktheel to this day.
14:8. Then Amaziah sent messengers to Jehoash the son of Jehoahaz, the son of Jehu, king of Israel, saying, "Come, let us face one another [in battle."]
14:9. And Jehoash king of Israel sent to Amaziah king of Judah, saying, "The thistle that [was] in Lebanon sent to the cedar that [was] in Lebanon, saying, 'Give your daughter to my son as wife'; and a wild beast that [was] in Lebanon passed by and trampled the thistle.
14:10. "You have indeed defeated Edom, and your heart has lifted you up. Glory [in that,] and stay at home; for why should you meddle with trouble so that you fall -- you and Judah with you?"
14:11. But Amaziah would not heed. Therefore Jehoash king of Israel went out; so he and Amaziah king of Judah faced one another at Beth Shemesh, which [belongs] to Judah.
14:12. And Judah was defeated by Israel, and every man fled to his tent.
14:13. Then Jehoash king of Israel captured Amaziah king of Judah, the son of Jehoash, the son of Ahaziah, at Beth Shemesh; and he went to Jerusalem, and broke down the wall of Jerusalem from the Gate of Ephraim to the Corner Gate -- four hundred cubits.
14:14. And he took all the gold and silver, all the articles that were found in the house of the LORD and in the treasuries of the king's house, and hostages, and returned to Samaria.
14:15. Now the rest of the acts of Jehoash which he did -- his might, and how he fought with Amaziah king of Judah -- [are] they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel?
14:16. So Jehoash rested with his fathers, and was buried in Samaria with the kings of Israel. Then Jeroboam his son reigned in his place.
14:17. Amaziah the son of Joash, king of Judah, lived fifteen years after the death of Jehoash the son of Jehoahaz, king of Israel.
14:18. Now the rest of the acts of Amaziah, [are] they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah?
14:19. And they formed a conspiracy against him in Jerusalem, and he fled to Lachish; but they sent after him to Lachish and killed him there.
14:20. Then they brought him on horses, and he was buried at Jerusalem with his fathers in the City of David.
14:21. And all the people of Judah took Azariah, who [was] sixteen years old, and made him king instead of his father Amaziah.
14:22. He built Elath and restored it to Judah, after the king rested with his fathers.

✝️🗒️STUDY: In our text today, Amaziah is introduced as a good king, but not as good as his ancestor, David. Like his father Joash, he took no action against the high places where sacrifices and incense were offered to idols (vv. 1-4). After he defeated Edom, he challenged Jehoash, king of Israel, to battle. Jehoash replied the message, mocking Amaziah to glory in his victory over Edom and to stay at home. But Amaziah would not heed. In the ensuing battle, Amaziah was captured and Judah was defeated. Jehoash broke down the walls of Jerusalem, plundered the temple and the royal treasuries and also took the people captive. Amaziah started well by walking faithfully before the Lord, but instead of seeking peace with Isreal, he sought war and his pride pulled him down eventually.

Be careful how you manage the victories from God so they do not get into your head that you become full of pride. ‘Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall’ (Prov. 16:18). When we remain humble and grateful, God is able to give us more victories. Depend solely on God and not your strength, for the ‘arm of flesh will fail us’ (1 Sam. 2:9). God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble (James 4:6).

✝️🙏PRAYER: O God, help me to always depend on you and not allow pride deny me your favour in my life, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:59am On Jun 09, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-09

🎯TOPIC: THE RESULT OF REBELLION

✝️ TEXT:2 Kings 17:1-23(NKJV)
17:1. In the twelfth year of Ahaz king of Judah, Hoshea the son of Elah became king of Israel in Samaria, [and he reigned] nine years.
17:2. And he did evil in the sight of the LORD, but not as the kings of Israel who were before him.
17:3. Shalmaneser king of Assyria came up against him; and Hoshea became his vassal, and paid him tribute money.
17:4. And the king of Assyria uncovered a conspiracy by Hoshea; for he had sent messengers to So, king of Egypt, and brought no tribute to the king of Assyria, as [he had done] year by year. Therefore the king of Assyria shut him up, and bound him in prison.
17:5. Now the king of Assyria went throughout all the land, and went up to Samaria and besieged it for three years.
17:6. In the ninth year of Hoshea, the king of Assyria took Samaria and carried Israel away to Assyria, and placed them in Halah and by the Habor, the River of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes.
17:7. For so it was that the children of Israel had sinned against the LORD their God, who had brought them up out of the land of Egypt, from under the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and they had feared other gods,
17:8. and had walked in the statutes of the nations whom the LORD had cast out from before the children of Israel, and of the kings of Israel, which they had made.
17:9. Also the children of Israel secretly did against the LORD their God things that [were] not right, and they built for themselves high places in all their cities, from watchtower to fortified city.
17:10. They set up for themselves [sacred] pillars and wooden images on every high hill and under every green tree.
17:11. There they burned incense on all the high places, like the nations whom the LORD had carried away before them; and they did wicked things to provoke the LORD to anger,
17:12. for they served idols, of which the LORD had said to them, "You shall not do this thing."
17:13. Yet the LORD testified against Israel and against Judah, by all of His prophets, every seer, saying, "Turn from your evil ways, and keep My commandments [and] My statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by My servants the prophets."
17:14. Nevertheless they would not hear, but stiffened their necks, like the necks of their fathers, who did not believe in the LORD their God.
17:15. And they rejected His statutes and His covenant that He had made with their fathers, and His testimonies which He had testified against them; they followed idols, became idolaters, and [went] after the nations who [were] all around them, [concerning] whom the LORD had charged them that they should not do like them.
17:16. So they left all the commandments of the LORD their God, made for themselves a molded image [and] two calves, made a wooden image and worshiped all the host of heaven, and served Baal.
17:17. And they caused their sons and daughters to pass through the fire, practiced witchcraft and soothsaying, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke Him to anger.
17:18. Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel, and removed them from His sight; there was none left but the tribe of Judah alone.
17:19. Also Judah did not keep the commandments of the LORD their God, but walked in the statutes of Israel which they made.
17:20. And the LORD rejected all the descendants of Israel, afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of plunderers, until He had cast them from His sight.
17:21. For He tore Israel from the house of David, and they made Jeroboam the son of Nebat king. Then Jeroboam drove Israel from following the LORD, and made them commit a great sin.
17:22. For the children of Israel walked in all the sins of Jeroboam which he did; they did not depart from them,
17:23. until the LORD removed Israel out of His sight, as He had said by all His servants the prophets. So Israel was carried away from their own land to Assyria, [as it is] to this day.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Hoshea was the last king of Isreal in Samaria. Although he did not seek the Lord in any particular way nor carried out any religious reform, he was not considered to be as evil as the kings before him. During his reign, the Israelites were taken into exile and ceased to exist as a nation. They had tested the patience and the kindness of the Lord for too long and so He finally thrust them out of the land, as He had threatened long before (Deut. 28:58-65). God’s covenant with the Israelites was that they would be His people and He would be their God. God fulfilled his part of the covenant but they lived in rebellion by worshipping idols.

God is loving and compassionate, but He becomes angry with those who know His laws and refuse to obey them. God delivered Samaria into the hands of the Assyrians, leaving them to the idols that could not save them (v.18). Rebellion brings destruction. Beloved, God will never leave His promises unfulfilled in our lives. Unlike the Israelites who tended to always abandon God, let us remain planted on the solid Rock. God will never leave us nor forsake His own (Heb. 13:5).

✝️🙏PRAYER: O Lord my God, you are faithful from the ages past, help me to remain faithful and obedient to your word, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:28am On Jun 10, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-10

🎯TOPIC: WORSHIP THE ONE TRUE GOD

✝️ TEXT:2 Kings 17:24-41(NKJV)

17:24. Then the king of Assyria brought [people] from Babylon, Cuthah, Ava, Hamath, and from Sepharvaim, and placed [them] in the cities of Samaria instead of the children of Israel; and they took possession of Samaria and dwelt in its cities.
17:25. And it was so, at the beginning of their dwelling there, [that] they did not fear the LORD; therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which killed [some] of them.
17:26. So they spoke to the king of Assyria, saying, "The nations whom you have removed and placed in the cities of Samaria do not know the rituals of the God of the land; therefore He has sent lions among them, and indeed, they are killing them because they do not know the rituals of the God of the land."
17:27. Then the king of Assyria commanded, saying, "Send there one of the priests whom you brought from there; let him go and dwell there, and let him teach them the rituals of the God of the land."
17:28. Then one of the priests whom they had carried away from Samaria came and dwelt in Bethel, and taught them how they should fear the LORD.
17:29. However every nation continued to make gods of its own, and put [them] in the shrines on the high places which the Samaritans had made, [every] nation in the cities where they dwelt.
17:30. The men of Babylon made Succoth Benoth, the men of Cuth made Nergal, the men of Hamath made Ashima,
17:31. and the Avites made Nibhaz and Tartak; and the Sepharvites burned their children in fire to Adrammelech and Anammelech, the gods of Sepharvaim.
17:32. So they feared the LORD, and from every class they appointed for themselves priests of the high places, who sacrificed for them in the shrines of the high places.
17:33. They feared the LORD, yet served their own gods -- according to the rituals of the nations from among whom they were carried away.
17:34. To this day they continue practicing the former rituals; they do not fear the LORD, nor do they follow their statutes or their ordinances, or the law and commandment which the LORD had commanded the children of Jacob, whom He named Israel,
17:35. with whom the LORD had made a covenant and charged them, saying: "You shall not fear other gods, nor bow down to them nor serve them nor sacrifice to them;
17:36. "but the LORD, who brought you up from the land of Egypt with great power and an outstretched arm, Him you shall fear, Him you shall worship, and to Him you shall offer sacrifice.
17:37. "And the statutes, the ordinances, the law, and the commandment which He wrote for you, you shall be careful to observe forever; you shall not fear other gods.
17:38. "And the covenant that I have made with you, you shall not forget, nor shall you fear other gods.
17:39. "But the LORD your God you shall fear; and He will deliver you from the hand of all your enemies."
17:40. However they did not obey, but they followed their former rituals.
17:41. So these nations feared the LORD, yet served their carved images; also their children and their children's children have continued doing as their fathers did, even to this day.

✝️🗒️STUDY: The Assyrian policy for conquering lands was to deport the conquered people from their native lands and resettle them in foreign lands. In our text today, they used the same policy on Israel and resettled the land with captives from other nations. These foreigners did not know nor fear God, they corrupted the land with their idols. God therefore sent lions to kill some of them. The King sent one of the Israelite priests to teach the foreigners how to serve the Lord. However, they continued to make and serve their own gods. God reminded the Israelites of the covenant He had made with them not to bow down to any other god and then He would deliver them from all their enemies.

God is a jealous God and does not share His glory with any other god or man (Isa. 42:cool. All God desires from His children is total obedience, springing out of love. When we walk in the path God has set for us, we shall prosper and conquer all our enemies. But when we live in rebellion and disobedience, we face the dire consequences. Joshua made a conscious decision to serve the Lord, alongside his family (Josh. 24:15). Determine today, going forward, to serve the only true God.

✝️🙏PRAYER: O Lord, there is no God like you, I will worship and obey you all the days of my life, in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:47am On Jun 11, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-11
(First Sunday after Trinity)

🎯TOPIC: REMAIN CONNECTED TO JESUS THROUGH THE WORD

✝️ TEXT:John 15:1-5(NKJV)
15:1. "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
15:2. "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every [branch] that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
15:3. "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
15:4. "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
15:5. "I am the vine, you [are] the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Using the analogy of the vine in our text today, Apostle John reminds us that we are designed and called unto kingdom fruitfulness. The only condition for this fruitfulness, is continually abiding in the Lord Jesus, who is the true vine. In fact, Jesus Himself declared that, “Without me, you can do nothing”(v.5).
The key ingredient we need to keep bearing fruit is the Word of God. The Word sanctifies and washes away impurities and hindrances in a disciple's life. The pruning process is not always pleasant, but the end result is spiritual growth. Remember Jesus said, it is the Word of God that purifies and makes us whole. Keep eating and digesting the Word daily and you will be fruitful in all your endeavours. Like the Psalmist said, anyone who delights in the Word of God shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, bringing forth fruits in season, whose leaves do not wither, and who prosper in all they do (Psa. 1:2-3). Apostle Paul admonished the church in Colossae thus;“Let the Word dwell richly in you”(Col. 3:16). Get connected to the Lord today. Be a hearer and doer of the word (James 1:22).

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord, I am nothing without you, grant me grace to continually abide in you, the true vine. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:34am On Jun 12, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-12
(St. Barnabas the Apostle Day- June 11 shifted)

🎯TOPIC: BE AN ENCOURAGER

✝️ TEXT:Acts 11:19-30(NKJV)
11:19. Now those who were scattered after the persecution that arose over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to no one but the Jews only.
11:20. But some of them were men from Cyprus and Cyrene, who, when they had come to Antioch, spoke to the Hellenists, preaching the Lord Jesus.
11:21. And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number believed and turned to the Lord.
11:22. Then news of these things came to the ears of the church in Jerusalem, and they sent out Barnabas to go as far as Antioch.
11:23. When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord.
11:24. For he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord.
11:25. Then Barnabas departed for Tarsus to seek Saul.
11:26. And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
11:27. And in these days prophets came from Jerusalem to Antioch.
11:28. Then one of them, named Agabus, stood up and showed by the Spirit that there was going to be a great famine throughout all the world, which also happened in the days of Claudius Caesar.
11:29. Then the disciples, each according to his ability, determined to send relief to the brethren dwelling in Judea.
11:30. This they also did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.

✝️🗒️STUDY: In our text today, the scattered evangelists at first preached only to the Jews, being discriminatory in their witness (v. 19). Though they had fled to the Gentile areas, they were not willing to preach the Word there. Some men from Cyprus and Cyrene went to Antioch and began to preach the Lord Jesus to the Greeks (v.20). God approved of this mission and their numbers increased as they believed and turned to the Lord(v.21).
Barnabas was sent to visit the church and he encouraged them to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts. Barnabas was living true to the meaning of his name, “Son of encouragement.” He was a good man, a kingdom giver, full of the Holy Spirit and faith (v.24); he was faithful and encouraged Apostle Paul in ministry. His work of encouragement brought many more to the Lord (v.24b). Barnabas remains a model today to us as followers of Jesus Christ, who need to be good, faithful and full of the Holy Spirit if we are to bring others to the Lord. In this age where many are discouraged, weary and sore depressed, be a Barnabas. Be an encourager. The joy of the Lord is your strength.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord, grant me grace to encourage others even as I receive encouragement in you. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:40am On Jun 13, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-13

🎯TOPIC: ACTIVE FAITH IN TIMES OF TRIAL

Date: 2023-Jun-13

🎯TOPIC: ACTIVE FAITH IN TIMES OF TRIAL

✝️ TEXT:TEXT: James 1:1-27(NKJV)
1:1. James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.
1:2. My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
1:3. knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
1:4. But let patience have [its] perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
1:5. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
1:6. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
1:7. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
1:8. [he is] a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
1:9. Let the lowly brother glory in his exaltation,
1:10. but the rich in his humiliation, because as a flower of the field he will pass away.
1:11. For no sooner has the sun risen with a burning heat than it withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beautiful appearance perishes. So the rich man also will fade away in his pursuits.
1:12. Blessed [is] the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
1:13. Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
1:14. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
1:15. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
1:16. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.
1:17. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
1:18. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
1:19. So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
1:20. for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
1:21. Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
1:22. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
1:23. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
1:24. for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
1:25. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues [in it,] and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
1:26. If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion [is] useless.
1:27. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, [and] to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

✝️🗒️STUDY: James, in this letter, deals with how Christians should behave in the church and in society. In this first chapter, he emphasises that Christian faith will be tested, and when such testing arises, we should rejoice and be steadfast (v.12). As far as Apostle James is concerned, faith is a practical matter that expresses itself in daily life, and especially in how we respond to trials. Living the Christian life in the face of temptations demands wisdom(v.5). That is, the ability to distinguish good from evil, and truth from falsehood. Active faith is also a necessity if God must hear our prayers and enable us to face all challenges of life.
Christian living is a daily battle against temptations and one cannot WIN without faith and putting God's word into practice. James encourages Christians to be doers of the word and not just hearers. This is the only way to resist the devil and stand high above trials that may want to steal our joy.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord Jesus, thank you for the gift of faith, help me to remain steadfast in trials in order to receive the crown of life. Amen.

✝️ TEXT:TEXT: James 1:1-27(NKJV)
1:1. James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.
1:2. My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
1:3. knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
1:4. But let patience have [its] perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
1:5. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
1:6. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
1:7. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
1:8. [he is] a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
1:9. Let the lowly brother glory in his exaltation,
1:10. but the rich in his humiliation, because as a flower of the field he will pass away.
1:11. For no sooner has the sun risen with a burning heat than it withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beautiful appearance perishes. So the rich man also will fade away in his pursuits.
1:12. Blessed [is] the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
1:13. Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
1:14. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
1:15. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
1:16. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.
1:17. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
1:18. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
1:19. So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
1:20. for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
1:21. Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
1:22. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
1:23. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
1:24. for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
1:25. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues [in it,] and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
1:26. If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion [is] useless.
1:27. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, [and] to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

✝️🗒️STUDY: James, in this letter, deals with how Christians should behave in the church and in society. In this first chapter, he emphasises that Christian faith will be tested, and when such testing arises, we should rejoice and be steadfast (v.12). As far as Apostle James is concerned, faith is a practical matter that expresses itself in daily life, and especially in how we respond to trials. Living the Christian life in the face of temptations demands wisdom(v.5). That is, the ability to distinguish good from evil, and truth from falsehood. Active faith is also a necessity if God must hear our prayers and enable us to face all challenges of life.
Christian living is a daily battle against temptations and one cannot WIN without faith and putting God's word into practice. James encourages Christians to be doers of the word and not just hearers. This is the only way to resist the devil and stand high above trials that may want to steal our joy.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord Jesus, thank you for the gift of faith, help me to remain steadfast in trials in order to receive the crown of life. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:31am On Jun 14, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-14

🎯TOPIC: PUTTING FAITH TO WORK

✝️ TEXT:James 2:1-26(NKJV)
2:1. My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, [the Lord] of glory, with partiality.
2:2. For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes,
2:3. and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, "You sit here in a good place," and say to the poor man, "You stand there," or, "Sit here at my footstool,"
2:4. have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts?
2:5. Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world [to be] rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?
2:6. But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts?
2:7. Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called?
2:8. If you really fulfill [the] royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well;
2:9. but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors.
2:10. For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one [point,] he is guilty of all.
2:11. For He who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
2:12. So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.
2:13. For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
2:14. What [does it] profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
2:15. If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food,
2:16. and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what [does it] profit?
2:17. Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
2:18. But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
2:19. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe -- and tremble!
2:20. But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
2:21. Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
2:22. Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
2:23. And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.
2:24. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
2:25. Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent [them] out another way?
2:26. For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Our text today warns Christians against favouritism while encouraging us to act in faith. When Christians favour the rich to the detriment of the poor, they are guilty of discrimination. God is not partial, however there are times he defends the poor, not because they are poor, but because they are rich in faith and heirs of the Kingdom (v.5b). Similarly, God rejects the rich because of their tendency to trust in their wealth and oppress the poor (vv. 6-7). The text also discusses further the subject of faith which we learned of yesterday (see June 13, 2023). It re-emphasises that faith without works is dead. We are saved by grace through faith. Good works alone do not save, but it is not enough to claim faith. There should be some evidence that proves your claim.

James encourages us to uphold the royal law, that is “love your neighbor as yourself” (v.8; Matt. 22:39) and also be a people of faith. Be careful about how you treat others no matter their status in society. In the body of Christ, we are ONE and shall give account of how we treated our brothers and sisters. Be guided to act in faith always because anything that does not proceed from faith in sin.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord Jesus, forgive me for any form of discrimination I have exhibited and help me to love my neighbors as myself. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:07am On Jun 15, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-15

🎯TOPIC: TAMING THE TONGUE

✝️ TEXT:James 3:1-18(NKJV)
3:1. My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.
3:2. For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he [is] a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.
3:3. Indeed, we put bits in horses' mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body.
3:4. Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires.
3:5. Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles!
3:6. And the tongue [is] a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.
3:7. For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind.
3:8. But no man can tame the tongue. [It is] an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
3:9. With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God.
3:10. Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.
3:11. Does a spring send forth fresh [water] and bitter from the same opening?
3:12. Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh.
3:13. Who [is] wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct [that] his works [are done] in the meekness of wisdom.
3:14. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.
3:15. This wisdom does not descend from above, but [is] earthly, sensual, demonic.
3:16. For where envy and self-seeking [exist,] confusion and every evil thing [are] there.
3:17. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
3:18. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

✝️🗒️STUDY: In this chapter, we notice James becoming more specific about how the Christian's faith can be put in practical terms. If God has changed your heart through the new birth, the saving faith that He granted to you will inevitably show itself in a life of good deeds, but now, more specifically in the words you speak. Genuine faith yields to Christ's Lordship over the tongue. Like David prayed in Psalms 141:3, “Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips.”The tongue is one of the major battlegrounds of the Christian. Mastery of the tongue is a sign of wisdom, for the less one speaks, the fewer serious errors one will make. We need to master our tongues so that they can be used for blessing, not cursing.
As Christians, we need to take extra precaution when speaking. Our words should always be gracious, and seasoned with salt in order to bring forth blessing, rather than destructive words that bring division(Col. 4:6). The Holy Spirit has been sent into our hearts to guide our thoughts and words. Learn to daily fight this battle over the tongue and God will give you victory daily.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Spirit divine, anoint my tongue that I may speak words that will glorify your Holy name, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:18am On Jun 16, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-16

🎯TOPIC: DRAWING CLOSER TO GOD

✝️ TEXT:James 4:1-17(NKJV)
4:1. Where do wars and fights [come] from among you? Do [they] not [come] from your [desires for] pleasure that war in your members?
4:2. You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask.
4:3. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend [it] on your pleasures.
4:4. Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
4:5. Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously"?
4:6. But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."
4:7. Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
4:8. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [you] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [you] double-minded.
4:9. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and [your] joy to gloom.
4:10. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
4:11. Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.
4:12. There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?
4:13. Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit";
4:14. whereas you do not know what [will happen] tomorrow. For what [is] your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
4:15. Instead you [ought] to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that."
4:16. But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
4:17. Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do [it,] to him it is sin.

✝️🗒️STUDY: In today's passage, James warns against pride (vv. 8-10), criticism and arrogant self-confidence (vv. 7-13). James' primary reason for writing was to bring Christians closer to God. He illustrates the pitfalls and blessings for Christians who desire to develop a closer walk with God. James advises that we submit ourselves to God while resisting the devil too. He also mentions lust, adultery, murder, slander and pride. All of these hinder us from drawing closer to God. God resists such behaviour and blesses those who are humble and draw near to Him.
Dear children of God, let us take heed to our daily living. Just as there were conflicts in the days of James, so it is today, maybe even more. Humility is a conscious decision to remain under God's tutelage, knowing full well that everything that pertains to life comes from Him alone. Let us therefore remain humble under God and He will lift us up indue time.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I submit myself under your Lordship, draw me closer to you day by day. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:28am On Jun 17, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-17

🎯TOPIC: THE VIRTUE OF PATIENCE

✝️ TEXT:James 5:1-20(NKJV)
5:1. Come now, [you] rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon [you!]
5:2. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten.
5:3. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have heaped up treasure in the last days.
5:4. Indeed the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, cry out; and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth.
5:5. You have lived on the earth in pleasure and luxury; you have fattened your hearts as in a day of slaughter.
5:6. You have condemned, you have murdered the just; he does not resist you.
5:7. Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See [how] the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain.
5:8. You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.
5:9. Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door!
5:10. My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience.
5:11. Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end [intended by] the Lord -- that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful.
5:12. But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath. But let your "Yes," be "Yes," and [your] "No," "No," lest you fall into judgment.
5:13. Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms.
5:14. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
5:15. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
5:16. Confess [your] trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
5:17. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months.
5:18. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.
5:19. Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back,
5:20. let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

✝️🗒️STUDY: James addresses what should be the Christian's attitude in the face of oppression, discrimination and suffering, etc. He goes on to encourage believers to be patient and to persevere until Christ returns. Our patience will be tested through suffering, just as Job's was tested. He endured patiently and God blessed him bountifully afterwards. James advises on how to respond to different circumstances i. e. in times of suffering, pray (v.13); in times of joy, sing songs; in times of sickness, call the elders to pray(v.14) and the prayer of faith will heal the sick. We should also remain our brothers' keepers, and restore to faith anyone who wanders from the truth.
We should endeavour to be doers of the word and not just hearers. Whether rich or poor, we should live our lives to glorify the name of God and bring others to the kingdom. Let us continually run this race with all perseverance and patience because, Jesus is coming soon. Do not faint and do not grumble, pray and wait patiently for His return.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Almighty God, I put my trust in you. Thank you for the enablement to persevere, in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:26am On Jun 18, 2023
(Second Sunday after Trinity)

Date: 2023-Jun-18

🎯TOPIC: ABIDING IN GOD'S LOVE

✝️ TEXT:John 15:5-11(NKJV)
15:5. "I am the vine, you [are] the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
15:6. "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw [them] into the fire, and they are burned.
15:7. "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
15:8. "By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
15:9. " As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
15:10. "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
15:11. "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and [that] your joy may be full.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Our text today calls for us to abide in the love of the Father. As branches cannot bear fruits without abiding in the vine, so also, believers need to abide in the love of God, if they must bear fruits. To abide in the love of God means to be intimately connected to Him, who alone is the True Source of our lives. The love of the Father is rich, real, and very comforting. Oh, what a joy to be enveloped in the love of the father! Any man who genuinely knows the Father's love will long for an ever-abiding experience. Abiding in the father's love gives us the capacity to do all things through the power of Christ, who strengthens us.
Many are lost and confused because they are disconnected from the Father's love. The prodigal son left the love of the Father and wasted his life in a faraway country. He paid dearly for it, but thank God that he later returned and was received by the Father (Luke 15). Are you experiencing dryness in any area of your life? There is a promise of renewal if only you will return and abide in the Father's love just like the prodigal son. Remember, without Him, you can do nothing (v.5). God's love is boundless, abide in Him.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord, may l always abide in your love, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:03am On Jun 19, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-19

🎯TOPIC: YOU CAN ARISE

✝️ TEXT:Judges 5:1-31(NKJV)
5:1. Then Deborah and Barak the son of Abinoam sang on that day, saying:
5:2. "When leaders lead in Israel, When the people willingly offer themselves, Bless the LORD!
5:3. "Hear, O kings! Give ear, O princes! I, [even] I, will sing to the LORD; I will sing praise to the LORD God of Israel.
5:4. "LORD, when You went out from Seir, When You marched from the field of Edom, The earth trembled and the heavens poured, The clouds also poured water;
5:5. The mountains gushed before the LORD, This Sinai, before the LORD God of Israel.
5:6. "In the days of Shamgar, son of Anath, In the days of Jael, The highways were deserted, And the travelers walked along the byways.
5:7. Village life ceased, it ceased in Israel, Until I, Deborah, arose, Arose a mother in Israel.
5:8. They chose new gods; Then [there was] war in the gates; Not a shield or spear was seen among forty thousand in Israel.
5:9. My heart [is] with the rulers of Israel Who offered themselves willingly with the people. Bless the LORD!
5:10. "Speak, you who ride on white donkeys, Who sit in judges' attire, And who walk along the road.
5:11. Far from the noise of the archers, among the watering places, There they shall recount the righteous acts of the LORD, The righteous acts [for] His villagers in Israel; Then the people of the LORD shall go down to the gates.
5:12. "Awake, awake, Deborah! Awake, awake, sing a song! Arise, Barak, and lead your captives away, O son of Abinoam!
5:13. "Then the survivors came down, the people against the nobles; The LORD came down for me against the mighty.
5:14. From Ephraim [were] those whose roots were in Amalek. After you, Benjamin, with your peoples, From Machir rulers came down, And from Zebulun those who bear the recruiter's staff.
5:15. And the princes of Issachar [were] with Deborah; As Issachar, so [was] Barak Sent into the valley under his command; Among the divisions of Reuben [There were] great resolves of heart.
5:16. Why did you sit among the sheepfolds, To hear the pipings for the flocks? The divisions of Reuben have great searchings of heart.
5:17. Gilead stayed beyond the Jordan, And why did Dan remain on ships? Asher continued at the seashore, And stayed by his inlets.
5:18. Zebulun [is] a people [who] jeopardized their lives to the point of death, Naphtali also, on the heights of the battlefield.
5:19. "The kings came [and] fought, Then the kings of Canaan fought In Taanach, by the waters of Megiddo; They took no spoils of silver.
5:20. They fought from the heavens; The stars from their courses fought against Sisera.
5:21. The torrent of Kishon swept them away, That ancient torrent, the torrent of Kishon. O my soul, march on in strength!
5:22. Then the horses' hooves pounded, The galloping, galloping of his steeds.
5:23. 'Curse Meroz,' said the angel of the LORD, 'Curse its inhabitants bitterly, Because they did not come to the help of the LORD, To the help of the LORD against the mighty.'
5:24. "Most blessed among women is Jael, The wife of Heber the Kenite; Blessed is she among women in tents.
5:25. He asked for water, she gave milk; She brought out cream in a lordly bowl.
5:26. She stretched her hand to the tent peg, Her right hand to the workmen's hammer; She pounded Sisera, she pierced his head, She split and struck through his temple.
5:27. At her feet he sank, he fell, he lay still; At her feet he sank, he fell; Where he sank, there he fell dead.
5:28. "The mother of Sisera looked through the window, And cried out through the lattice, 'Why is his chariot [so] long in coming? Why tarries the clatter of his chariots?'
5:29. Her wisest ladies answered her, Yes, she answered herself,
5:30. 'Are they not finding and dividing the spoil: To every man a girl [or] two; For Sisera, plunder of dyed garments, Plunder of garments embroidered and dyed, Two pieces of dyed embroidery for the neck of the looter?'
5:31. "Thus let all Your enemies perish, O LORD! But [let] those who love Him [be] like the sun When it comes out in full stre

✝️🗒️STUDY: In our text today, we read of the many ills that bedeviled the nation of Israel at a time when there was a leadership vacuum. It was a time when the nation needed strong leadership, but none could emerge because everybody did according to the dictates of their evil hearts. Evil prevailed, and nightlife ceased because of the great wickedness in the land. It is instructive to note that life abhors vacuum, consequently, Deborah, arose and provided the needed leadership. She was strong and bold, and God used her mightily to restore the land.

In our country today, in our families, offices and communities, we see a similitude of what Israel suffered before Deborah arose. Despair, brokenness, and hopelessness pervade. The ship of state seems rudderless. Times like this call for strong characters, men and women who will arise to save our land. It does not matter whether you are a man or a woman, tall or short, etc., God can use you only if you will purge your life of all filthiness (2 Tim. 2.21). The time to arise is now and you are the one! Nigeria, your family, and your community have been waiting for. Arise! The earnest expectation of creation awaits the manifestation of the sons of God. Arise now.

✝️🙏PRAYER: The glory of the Lord is risen upon me; I am arising in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:56am On Jun 20, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-20

🎯TOPIC: VICTORY THROUGH HIS PRESENCE

✝️ TEXT:Judges 6:1-40(NKJV)
6:1. Then the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD. So the LORD delivered them into the hand of Midian for seven years,
6:2. and the hand of Midian prevailed against Israel. Because of the Midianites, the children of Israel made for themselves the dens, the caves, and the strongholds which [are] in the mountains.
6:3. So it was, whenever Israel had sown, Midianites would come up; also Amalekites and the people of the East would come up against them.
6:4. Then they would encamp against them and destroy the produce of the earth as far as Gaza, and leave no sustenance for Israel, neither sheep nor ox nor donkey.
6:5. For they would come up with their livestock and their tents, coming in as numerous as locusts; both they and their camels were without number; and they would enter the land to destroy it.
6:6. So Israel was greatly impoverished because of the Midianites, and the children of Israel cried out to the LORD.
6:7. And it came to pass, when the children of Israel cried out to the LORD because of the Midianites,
6:8. that the LORD sent a prophet to the children of Israel, who said to them, "Thus says the LORD God of Israel: 'I brought you up from Egypt and brought you out of the house of bondage;
6:9. 'and I delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians and out of the hand of all who oppressed you, and drove them out before you and gave you their land.
6:10. 'Also I said to you, "I [am] the LORD your God; do not fear the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell." But you have not obeyed My voice.' "
6:11. Now the Angel of the LORD came and sat under the terebinth tree which [was] in Ophrah, which [belonged] to Joash the Abiezrite, while his son Gideon threshed wheat in the winepress, in order to hide [it] from the Midianites.
6:12. And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him, and said to him, "The LORD [is] with you, you mighty man of valor!"
6:13. Gideon said to Him, "O my lord, if the LORD is with us, hwhy then has all this happened to us? And where [are] all His miracles which our fathers told us about, saying, 'Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt?' But now the LORD has forsaken us and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites."
6:14. Then the LORD turned to him and said, "Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?"
6:15. So he said to Him, "O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan [is] the weakest in Manasseh, and I [am] the least in my father's house."
6:16. And the LORD said to him, "Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man."
6:17. Then he said to Him, "If now I have found favor in Your sight, then show me a sign that it is You who talk with me.
6:18. "Do not depart from here, I pray, until I come to You and bring out my offering and set [it] before You." And He said, "I will wait until you come back."
6:19. So Gideon went in and prepared a young goat, and unleavened bread from an ephah of flour. The meat he put in a basket, and he put the broth in a pot; and he brought [them] out to Him under the terebinth tree and presented [them.]
6:20. The Angel of God said to him, "Take the meat and the unleavened bread and lay [them] on this rock, and pour out the broth." And he did so.
6:21. Then the Angel of the LORD put out the end of the staff that [was] in His hand, and touched the meat and the unleavened bread; and fire rose out of the rock and consumed the meat and the unleavened bread. And the Angel of the LORD departed out of his sight.
6:22. Now Gideon perceived that He [was] the Angel of the LORD. So Gideon said, "Alas, O Lord GOD! For I have seen the Angel of the LORD face to face."
6:23. Then the LORD said to him, "Peace [be] with you; do not fear, you shall not die."
6:24. So Gideon built an altar there to the LORD, and called it The-LORD-[Is-Peace.] To this day it [is] still in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.
25 Now it came to pass the same night that the Lord said to him, “Take your father’s young bull, the second bull of seven years old, and gtear down the altar of hBaal that your father has, and icut down the 7wooden image that is beside it; 26 and build an altar to the Lord your God on top of this 8rock in the proper arrangement, and take the second bull and offer a burnt sacrifice with the wood of the image which you shall cut down.”
27 So Gideon took ten men from among his servants and did as the Lord had said to him. But because he feared his father’s household and the men of the city too much to do it by day, he did it by night.
28 And when the men of the city arose early in the morning, there was the altar of Baal, torn down; and the wooden image that was beside it was cut down, and the second bull was being offered on the altar which had been built. 29 So they said to one another, “Who has done this thing?” And when they had inquired and asked, they said, “Gideon the son of Joash has done this thing.” 30 Then the men of the city said to Joash, “Bring out your son, that he may die, because he has torn down the altar of Baal, and because he has cut down the wooden image that was beside it.”
31 But Joash said to all who stood against him, “Would you 9plead for Baal? Would you save him? Let the one who would plead for him be put to death by morning! If he is a god, let him plead for himself, because his altar has been torn down!” 32 Therefore on that day he called him jJerubbaal, 1saying, “Let Baal plead against him, because he has torn down his altar.”
33 Then all kthe Midianites and Amalekites, the people of the East, gathered together; and they crossed over and encamped in lthe Valley of Jezreel. 34 But mthe Spirit of the Lord came upon Gideon; then he nblew the trumpet, and the Abiezrites gathered behind him. 35 And he sent messengers throughout all Manasseh, who also gathered behind him. He also sent messengers to oAsher, pZebulun, and Naphtali; and they came up to meet them.
36 So Gideon said to God, “If You will save Israel by my hand as You have said—37 qlook, I shall put a fleece of wool on the threshing floor; if there is dew on the fleece only, and it is dry on all the ground, then I shall know that You will save Israel by my hand, as You have said.” 38 And it was so. When he rose early the next morning and squeezed the fleece together, he wrung the dew out of the fleece, a bowlful of water. 39 Then Gideon said to God, r“Do not be angry with me, but let me speak just once more: Let me test, I pray, just once more with the fleece; let it now be dry only on the fleece, but on all the ground let there be dew.” 40 And God did so that night. It was dry on the fleece only, but there was dew on all the ground.

✝️🗒️STUDY: In our text today, the people of Israel groaned under the heavy oppression of the Midianites. The Israelites hid in caves and could not openly harvest their farm produce. Even Gideon gleaned secretly, because of the fear that pervaded the land. Righteousness exalts a nation and sin is a reproach to any people (Prov. 14:34). God met Gideon and challenged him to be the deliverer of his people. In verse 15, God assured him of His presence. Eventually, God delivered Israel from the Midianites through Gideon.

The presence of God in our lives makes the difference. It does not matter the height of the mountain, the number of armies, the report of the enemy, your past or background. Victory is assured once the presence of God is guaranteed. Joseph succeeded in Egypt (Gen. 39:2), and the house of Obed-Edom was blessed (I Chron. 13:14) because of God’s presence. Moses cried, “Lord if your presence will not go with us, do not send us up from here” (Ex. 33:15). It is a great risk to fight life’s battles without an assurance of God’s presence. Victory is defined in the place of God’s presence. Are you sure, you have His presence?

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord, let your presence make the difference in my life, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:26am On Jun 21, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-21

🎯TOPIC: THE LORD IS MIGHTY IN BATTLE

✝️ TEXT:Judges 7:1-25(Nkjv)
7:1. Then Jerubbaal (that [is,] Gideon) and all the people who [were] with him rose early and encamped beside the well of Harod, so that the camp of the Midianites was on the north side of them by the hill of Moreh in the valley.
7:2. And the LORD said to Gideon, "The people who [are] with you [are] too many for Me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel claim glory for itself against Me, saying, 'My own hand has saved me.'
7:3. "Now therefore, proclaim in the hearing of the people, saying, 'Whoever [is] fearful and afraid, let him turn and depart at once from Mount Gilead.' " And twenty-two thousand of the people returned, and ten thousand remained.
7:4. But the LORD said to Gideon, "The people [are] still [too] many; bring them down to the water, and I will test them for you there. Then it will be, [that] of whom I say to you, 'This one shall go with you,' the same shall go with you; and of whomever I say to you, 'This one shall not go with you,' the same shall not go."
7:5. So he brought the people down to the water. And the LORD said to Gideon, "Everyone who laps from the water with his tongue, as a dog laps, you shall set apart by himself; likewise everyone who gets down on his knees to drink."
7:6. And the number of those who lapped, [putting] their hand to their mouth, was three hundred men; but all the rest of the people got down on their knees to drink water.
7:7. Then the LORD said to Gideon, "By the three hundred men who lapped I will save you, and deliver the Midianites into your hand. Let all the [other] people go, every man to his place."
7:8. So the people took provisions and their trumpets in their hands. And he sent away all [the rest of] Israel, every man to his tent, and retained those three hundred men. Now the camp of Midian was below him in the valley.
7:9. It happened on the same night that the LORD said to him, "Arise, go down against the camp, for I have delivered it into your hand.
7:10. "But if you are afraid to go down, go down to the camp with Purah your servant,
7:11. "and you shall hear what they say; and afterward your hands shall be strengthened to go down against the camp." Then he went down with Purah his servant to the outpost of the armed men who [were] in the camp.
7:12. Now the Midianites and Amalekites, all the people of the East, were lying in the valley as numerous as locusts; and their camels [were] without number, as the sand by the seashore in multitude.
7:13. And when Gideon had come, there was a man telling a dream to his companion. He said, "I have had a dream: [To my] surprise, a loaf of barley bread tumbled into the camp of Midian; it came to a tent and struck it so that it fell and overturned, and the tent collapsed."
7:14. Then his companion answered and said, "This [is] nothing else but the sword of Gideon the son of Joash, a man of Israel! Into his hand God has delivered Midian and the whole camp."
7:15. And so it was, when Gideon heard the telling of the dream and its interpretation, that he worshiped. He returned to the camp of Israel, and said, "Arise, for the LORD has delivered the camp of Midian into your hand."
7:16. Then he divided the three hundred men [into] three companies, and he put a trumpet into every man's hand, with empty pitchers, and torches inside the pitchers.
7:17. And he said to them, "Look at me and do likewise; watch, and when I come to the edge of the camp you shall do as I do:
7:18. "When I blow the trumpet, I and all who [are] with me, then you also blow the trumpets on every side of the whole camp, and say, '[The sword of] the LORD and of Gideon!' "
7:19. So Gideon and the hundred men who [were] with him came to the outpost of the camp at the beginning of the middle watch, just as they had posted the watch; and they blew the trumpets and broke the pitchers that [were] in their hands.
20 Then the three companies blew the trumpets and broke the pitchers--they held the torches in their left hands and the trumpets in their right hands for blowing--and they cried, "The sword of the Lord and of Gideon!"

21 And every man stood in his place all around the camp; and the whole army ran and cried out and fled.

22 When the three hundred blew the trumpets, the Lord set every man's sword against his companion throughout the whole camp; and the army fled to Beth Acacia, toward Zererah, as far as the border of Abel Meholah, by Tabbath.

23 And the men of Israel gathered together from Naphtali, Asher, and all Manasseh, and pursued the Midianites.

24 Then Gideon sent messengers throughout all the mountains of Ephraim, saying, "Come down against the Midianites, and seize from them the watering places as far as Beth Barah and the Jordan." Then all the men of Ephraim gathered together and seized the watering places as far as Beth Barah and the Jordan.

25 And they captured two princes of the Midianites, Oreb and Zeeb. They killed Oreb at the rock of Oreb, and Zeeb they killed at the winepress of Zeeb. They pursued Midian and brought the heads of Oreb and Zeeb to Gideon on the other side of the Jordan.

✝️🗒️STUDY: In today’s text, God demonstrated His might to save without human help. The children of Israel were under great oppression in the hands of the Midianites, who joined forces with the Amalekites and the people of the East to form a vast and intimidating army against Israel (Judg. 6:33; 7:12). God raised Gideon to lead the army of Israel with the assurance of victory, not counting the lesser number of their military men. Recall that in his preparations for the battle, Gideon summoned 32,000 (v.3) soldiers from some tribes of Israel, but God trimmed them down incredibly to 300 men (vv. 6-cool to show that He is ‘the mighty man in battle,’ able to save both with many and with a few (1 Sam. 14:6).

Gideon’s attitudes of total obedience to God to trim down his army and his dependence on Him to defeat their adversaries with only 300 soldiers (vv. 3, 5, 7) is a lesson that, in the battles of life, you need not depend on your strength, but to call on God and surrender totally to His dictates. Our God is mighty and indomitable. He is mighty to save. Put your trust in Him and He will fight your battles (Psa. 20:7-8; 1 Sam. 2:9; 14:6). Jehovah is the Man of War (Ex. 15.3).

✝️🙏PRAYER: Mighty God, fight all my battles for me, in Jesus’ name. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:22am On Jun 22, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-22

🎯TOPIC: SHUN UNGODLY AMBITIONS AND EVIL ASSOCIATIONS

✝️ TEXT:Judges 9:22-57(NKJV)
9:22. After Abimelech had reigned over Israel three years,
9:23. God sent a spirit of ill will between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech,
9:24. that the crime [done] to the seventy sons of Jerubbaal might be settled and their blood be laid on Abimelech their brother, who killed them, and on the men of Shechem, who aided him in the killing of his brothers.
9:25. And the men of Shechem set men in ambush against him on the tops of the mountains, and they robbed all who passed by them along that way; and it was told Abimelech.
9:26. Now Gaal the son of Ebed came with his brothers and went over to Shechem; and the men of Shechem put their confidence in him.
9:27. So they went out into the fields, and gathered [grapes] from their vineyards and trod [them,] and made merry. And they went into the house of their god, and ate and drank, and cursed Abimelech.
9:28. Then Gaal the son of Ebed said, "Who [is] Abimelech, and who [is] Shechem, that we should serve him? [Is he] not the son of Jerubbaal, and [is not] Zebul his officer? Serve the men of Hamor the father of Shechem; but why should we serve him?
9:29. "If only this people were under my authority! Then I would remove Abimelech." So he said to Abimelech, "Increase your army and come out!"
9:30. When Zebul, the ruler of the city, heard the words of Gaal the son of Ebed, his anger was aroused.
9:31. And he sent messengers to Abimelech secretly, saying, "Take note! Gaal the son of Ebed and his brothers have come to Shechem; and here they are, fortifying the city against you.
9:32. "Now therefore, get up by night, you and the people who [are] with you, and lie in wait in the field.
9:33. "And it shall be, as soon as the sun is up in the morning, [that] you shall rise early and rush upon the city; and [when] he and the people who are with him come out against you, you may then do to them as you find opportunity."
9:34. So Abimelech and all the people who [were] with him rose by night, and lay in wait against Shechem in four companies.
9:35. When Gaal the son of Ebed went out and stood in the entrance to the city gate, Abimelech and the people who [were] with him rose from lying in wait.
9:36. And when Gaal saw the people, he said to Zebul, "Look, people are coming down from the tops of the mountains!" But Zebul said to him, "You see the shadows of the mountains as [if they were] men."
9:37. So Gaal spoke again and said, "See, people are coming down from the center of the land, and another company is coming from the Diviners' Terebinth Tree."
9:38. Then Zebul said to him, "Where indeed [is] your mouth now, with which you said, 'Who is Abimelech, that we should serve him?' [Are] not these the people whom you despised? Go out, if you will, and fight with them now."
9:39. So Gaal went out, leading the men of Shechem, and fought with Abimelech.
9:40. And Abimelech chased him, and he fled from him; and many fell wounded, to the [very] entrance of the gate.
9:41. Then Abimelech dwelt at Arumah, and Zebul drove out Gaal and his brothers, so that they would not dwell in Shechem.
9:42. And it came about on the next day that the people went out into the field, and they told Abimelech.
9:43. So he took his people, divided them into three companies, and lay in wait in the field. And he looked, and there were the people, coming out of the city; and he rose against them and attacked them.
9:44. Then Abimelech and the company that [was] with him rushed forward and stood at the entrance of the gate of the city; and the [other] two companies rushed upon all who [were] in the fields and killed them.
9:45. So Abimelech fought against the city all that day; he took the city and killed the people who [were] in it; and he demolished the city and sowed it with salt.
9:46. Now when all the men of the tower of Shechem had heard [that,] they entered the stronghold of the temple of the god Berith.
47 And it was told Abimelech that all the men of the tower of Shechem were gathered together. 48 Then Abimelech went up to Mount lZalmon, he and all the people who were with him. And Abimelech took an ax in his hand and cut down a bough from the trees, and took it and laid it on his shoulder; then he said to the people who were with him, “What you have seen me do, make haste and do as I have done.” 49 So each of the people likewise cut down his own bough and followed Abimelech, put them against the 4stronghold, and set the stronghold on fire above them, so that all the people of the tower of Shechem died, about a thousand men and women.
50 Then Abimelech went to Thebez, and he 5encamped against Thebez and took it. 51 But there was a strong tower in the city, and all the men and women—all the people of the city—fled there and shut themselves in; then they went up to the top of the tower. 52 So Abimelech came as far as the tower and fought against it; and he drew near the door of the tower to burn it with fire. 53 But a certain woman mdropped an upper millstone on Abimelech’s head and crushed his skull. 54 Then nhe called quickly to the young man, his armorbearer, and said to him, “Draw your sword and kill me, lest men say of me, ‘A woman killed him.’ ” So his young man thrust him through, and he died. 55 And when the men of Israel saw that Abimelech was dead, they departed, every man to his 6place.
56 oThus God repaid the wickedness of Abimelech, which he had done to his father by killing his seventy brothers. 57 And all the evil of the men of Shechem God returned on their own heads, and on them came pthe curse of Jotham the son of Jerubbaal.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Our bible reading today shows how God repaid Abimelech and the people of Shechem for their wickedness (vv. 56-57). Abimelech was the son of Gideon through his Shechemite concubine (vv. 1-3). He conspired with his mother’s kindred in Shechem to kill his 70 brothers and destroy his father’s legacy in order to become king. Only Jotham escaped (vv.4--5) and according to his words (vv. 19-20), God set Abimelech and his conspirators against each other (v.23) until they were both destroyed (vv. 56-57).

Beloved, God repays people according to their works, either for good or for bad (Rom. 2:6; Rev. 22:12). God cannot be mocked, whatever a man sows is what he will reap (Gal. 6:7). Do not destroy others because, you want to be the only King in your space. Proverbs 1:8-19 warns against evil association and ungodly ambitions. Are you planning evil against anyone because of your ambitions? Repent now, otherwise God’s judgement is sure to come your way. Always remember the Golden Rule, “Do to others as you would have them do to you” (Matt. 7:12).

✝️🙏PRAYER: Father, purge me of every evil thought and ambition that do not glorify you in Jesus’ name. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:44am On Jun 23, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-23

🎯TOPIC: Fulfil YOUR VOWS TO THE LORD

✝️ TEXT: Judges 11: 29-40(NKJV)
11:29. Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he passed through Gilead and Manasseh, and passed through Mizpah of Gilead; and from Mizpah of Gilead he advanced [toward] the people of Ammon.
11:30. And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD, and said, "If You will indeed deliver the people of Ammon into my hands,
11:31. "then it will be that whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the people of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up as a burnt offering."
11:32. So Jephthah advanced toward the people of Ammon to fight against them, and the LORD delivered them into his hands.
11:33. And he defeated them from Aroer as far as Minnith -- twenty cities -- and to Abel Keramim, with a very great slaughter. Thus the people of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.
11:34. When Jephthah came to his house at Mizpah, there was his daughter, coming out to meet him with timbrels and dancing; and she [was his] only child. Besides her he had neither son nor daughter.
11:35. And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he tore his clothes, and said, "Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low! You are among those who trouble me! For I have given my word to the LORD, and I cannot go back on it."
11:36. So she said to him, "My father, [if] you have given your word to the LORD, do to me according to what has gone out of your mouth, because the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the people of Ammon."
11:37. Then she said to her father, "Let this thing be done for me: let me alone for two months, that I may go and wander on the mountains and bewail my virginity, my friends and I."
11:38. So he said, "Go." And he sent her away [for] two months; and she went with her friends, and bewailed her virginity on the mountains.
11:39. And it was so at the end of two months that she returned to her father, and he carried out his vow with her which he had vowed. She knew no man. And it became a custom in Israel
11:40. [that] the daughters of Israel went four days each year to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.

✝️🗒️STUDY: STUDY: In our text today, Jephthah made a rash vow to the LORD that brought sorrow to his heart (vv. 30,32-35). He vowed that if the LORD enabled him to win the battle against Ammon, he would sacrifice unto the Lord whatever comes out of his house to welcome him (v.30). The Lord honoured his words and gave him victory (vv. 32-33). On his return, his only child, a virgin daughter, danced out to welcome him and sorrow filled his heart, because of his vow (vv. 34-35). It is worthy of note that Jephthah's daughter did not discourage his father from carrying out his vow, but encouraged him to fulfil it after a period of mourning (v.36).
Beloved, vows are solemn pledges. They should be made after serious thought, not on impulse. No one is forced to make a vow, but when it is ever made, it must be honoured (Deut. 23: 21-23; Ps. 15: 4; Eccl. 5: 4, 5). Think well before you make your vow, so that you do not bring sorrow to your heart like Jephthah did. What vows have you made to God? Go and fulfil them so that it may be well with you and your household. It is instructive that we learn from the attitude of Jephthah's daughter. We should encourage vow-makers to fulfil their vows made unto the Lord.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord, help me to be in the right mind when making a vow, so I can fulfil it, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:28am On Jun 24, 2023
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)

*DATE:* SATURDAY 24TH JUNE, 2023 _*{St. John the Baptist Day}*_ *THEME:* NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD

*TEXT:* LUKE 1: 57-66

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

57. Now Elizabeth's full time came for her to be delivered, and she brought forth a son.
58. When her neighbors and relatives heard how the Lord had shown great mercy to her, they rejoiced with her.
59. So it was, on the eighth day, that they came to circumcise the child; and they would have called him by the name of his father, Zacharias.
60. His mother answered and said, "No; he shall be called John."
61. But they said to her, "There is no one among your relatives who is called by this name."
62. So they made signs to his father -- what he would have him called.
63. And he asked for a writing tablet, and wrote, saying, "His name is John." So they all marveled.
64. Immediately his mouth was opened and his tongue [loosed,] and he spoke, praising God.
65. Then fear came on all who dwelt around them; and all these sayings were discussed throughout all the hill country of Judea.
66. And all those who heard [them] kept [them] in their hearts, saying, "What kind of child will this be?" And the hand of the Lord was with him.

As we commemorate St. John the Baptist Day today, our devotion focuses on the miraculous events that surrounded his birth. In our text, people gathered to rejoice with the family of Zachariah for the birth of John the Baptist according to the word of the Lord, spoken through Angel Gabriel (vv. 13-14, 19, 36). On the 8th day, they also gathered to circumcise him according to Jewish tradition. From the events of John the Baptist's birth, we see that:
i. The birth of John the Baptist brought great testimony about the power ofGod.
ii. Zachariah and Elizabeth obeyed the word of God (v. 13), unlike Adam and Eve.
iii. Nothing is impossible for God to do (v.37).

Indeed, the birth of John the Baptist to Zachariah and Elizabeth shows that nothing is impossible for God to do (v.37). Beloved, are you at the verge of giving up because of what you are passing through? Do not lose hope in God. His timing is the best (Eccl. 3: 11a). Go out today with this great assurance and the Lord will bless you.

*PRAYER:*
Heavenly Father, nothing is impossible for You to do. Remember me today as You did Zachariah and Elizabeth, in Jesus' name. _*Amen*_

*QUOTE OF THE DAY:*
God says

_"My goodness will lead you to a change of heart."_ *Romans 2:4*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:06am On Jun 25, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-25

🎯TOPIC: STOP WORRYING, WORSHIP HIM!

✝️ TEXT: Matthew 6: 24-34(NKJV)
6:24. " No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
6:25. " Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
6:26. "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
6:27. "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
6:28. "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;
6:29. "and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
6:30. "Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, [will He] not much more [clothe] you, O you of little faith?
6:31. "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
6:32. "For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
6:33. "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
6:34. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day [is] its own trouble.

✝️🗒️ STUDY: Worrying is common with humans and is a very destructive tool that the devil uses to cause us to lose hope in God. Worrying affects our total being and often leads to the growth of other unpleasant habits like impatience, hatred, alcoholism, occultism, stress, depression, suicide, etc. In our text today, we hear the comforting words of our Lord Jesus Christ to His disciples (v.27; Lk. 12: 25). He charged them not to worry about their daily sustenance and future (Matt. 8: 23-27; 14: 15-17).
Has life given you reasons to worry lately? Worry, someone says, does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it rather empties today of its strength. One way to cast away your worries is to worship God in prayers and praises (Prov. 12: 25). Paul and Silas were in prison but instead of worrying, they began to worship God and the miracle came (Acts. 16: 25-26). Rick Warren said, “The more you pray, the less you will panic. The more you worship, the less you worry. You'll feel more patient and less pressured.” Jesus said “Be not afraid little flock, for it is the Father's pleasure to give you the Kingdom" (Lk. 12:32). You are engraved in the palms ofHis hands. Start worshiping God; stop worrying!

✝️🙏PRAYER: Father, I cast all my cares and anxieties upon you today, in Jesus' name. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:32am On Jun 26, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY 26TH JUNE, 2023 *THEME:* BOLDNESS TO SPEAK IN THE NAME JESUS CHRIST

*TEXT:* ACTS 4: 1-32

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1. Now as they spoke to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees came upon them,
2. being greatly disturbed that they taught the people and preached in Jesus the resurrection from the dead.
3. And they laid hands on them, and put [them] in custody until the next day, for it was already evening.
4. However, many of those who heard the word believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand.
5. And it came to pass, on the next day, that their rulers, elders, and scribes,
6. as well as Annas the high priest, Caiaphas, John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the family of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem.
7. And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, "By what power or by what name have you done this?"
8. Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers of the people and elders of Israel:
9. "If we this day are judged for a good deed [done] to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well,
10. "let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.
11. "This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.'
12. "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
13. Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.
14. And seeing the man who had been healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.
15. But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves,
16. saying, "What shall we do to these men? For, indeed, that a notable miracle has been done through them [is] evident to all who dwell in Jerusalem, and we cannot deny [it.]
17. "But so that it spreads no further among the people, let us severely threaten them, that from now on they speak to no man in this name."
18. And they called them and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
19. But Peter and John answered and said to them, "Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge.
20. "For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard."
21. So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding no way of punishing them, because of the people, since they all glorified God for what had been done.
22. For the man was over forty years old on whom this miracle of healing had been performed.
23. And being let go, they went to their own [companions] and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said to them.
24. So when they heard that, they raised their voice to God with one accord and said: "Lord, You [are] God, who made heaven and earth and the sea, and all that is in them,
25. "who by the mouth of Your servant David have said: 'Why did the nations rage, And the people plot vain things?
26. The kings of the earth took their stand, And the rulers were gathered together Against the LORD and against His Christ.'
27. "For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together
28. "to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done.
29. "Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word,
30. "by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus."
31. And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.
32. Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common.

Many people in our generation are afraid to speak in the name of Jesus, in their offices, schools, business areas, etc. The story in our text today started in chapter 3:1-10 when Peter and John healed the lame man at the Beautiful Gate. They were arrested by the Jewish leaders and charged to court (vv.3-7) where they asked them by what power or name they healed the lame man (v.7). Filled with the Holy Spirit, Peter preached boldly on-the power in the name of Jesus Christ for the salvation of humankind (v. 12). Although they were threatened (v.18), these disciples were not discouraged from the mission. When the incident was reported to the brethren, they raised their voices in prayers and the Holy Spirit came mightily upon them (vv. 23-31).

Beloved, this shows that the power in the name of Jesus heals, saves, emboldens and unites people (v.32). Jesus had told them not to worry about what to say whenever they were arrested (Matt. 10:19-20) and He fulfilled His promise to them. Do not be afraid to speak about Christ. Rather, pray for enabling grace by the Holy Spirit and you will be emboldened. God has not given us the Spirit of fear (2 Tim. 1:7).

Spirit of the Living God, come upon me today and strengthen me to speak boldly, in the name of Jesus Christ. _*Amen*_

God says

_"I will protect the fatherless, and widows can trust in Me."_ *Jeremiah 49:11*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:07am On Jun 27, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY 27TH JUNE, 2023 *THEME:* BE FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT

*TEXT:* ACTS 4: 33-5: 16

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

33. And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.
34. Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold,
35. and laid [them] at the apostles' feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need.
36. And Joses, who was also named Barnabas by the apostles (which is translated Son of Encouragement), a Levite of the country of Cyprus,
37. having land, sold [it,] and brought the money and laid [it] at the apostles' feet.

_*Acts 5: 1-16*_
1. But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession.
2. And he kept back [part] of the proceeds, his wife also being aware [of it,] and brought a certain part and laid [it] at the apostles' feet.
3. But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back [part] of the price of the land for yourself?
4. "While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."
5. Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things.
6. And the young men arose and wrapped him up, carried [him] out, and buried [him.]
7. Now it was about three hours later when his wife came in, not knowing what had happened.
8. And Peter answered her, "Tell me whether you sold the land for so much?" She said, "Yes, for so much."
9. Then Peter said to her, "How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband [are] at the door, and they will carry you out."
10. Then immediately she fell down at his feet and breathed her last. And the young men came in and found her dead, and carrying [her] out, buried [her] by her husband.
11. So great fear came upon all the church and upon all who heard these things.
12. And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon's Porch.
13. Yet none of the rest dared join them, but the people esteemed them highly.
14. And believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women,
15. so that they brought the sick out into the streets and laid [them] on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall on some of them.
16. Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

God continued His wonderful works through the early Apostles. The believers grew in number, shared things in common and showed genuine love for God and for one another (Acts 4:33-37). The story of Ananias and Saphira, however, was an attempt by the ancient Serpent to destroy again the joyful communion of the believers with God as he did to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden (Gen. 3). Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit discerned the plot and said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit...” (Acts 5:3). Ananias and Saphira lied against the Holy Spirit and fell for their sin.

Today's text shows that when believers are in peaceful fellowship, the devil is not happy and will always seek ways to break their relationship with God and themselves. Anyone in the bondage of the devil manifests the works of the flesh-lying, jealousy, party spirit, hatred, envy, etc. (Gal. 5:19). It is only through the infilling of the Holy Spirit that you can discern the schemes of Satan around you and overcome it. God's desire is that the Holy Spirit abides in you forever (Jn. 14:16b). Are you filled with the Holy Spirit? Ask Him to come into your life today.

Spirit Divine, come into my life today and break every work of the flesh in Jesus' name. _*Amen*_

God says

_"I will provide justice for everyone who is mistreated."_ *Psalm 103:6*

*EXTRA FOR THE DAY*
_*Holy Spirit, Faithful Guide*_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYiuhC8vkUE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:13am On Jun 28, 2023

Date: 2023-Jun-28

🎯TOPIC: OBEY GOD RATHER THAN MEN

✝️ TEXT: Acts 5:17-42(NKJV)
5:17. Then the high priest rose up, and all those who [were] with him (which is the sect of the Sadducees), and they were filled with indignation,
5:18. and laid their hands on the apostles and put them in the common prison.
5:19. But at night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out, and said,
5:20. "Go, stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life."
5:21. And when they heard [that,] they entered the temple early in the morning and taught. But the high priest and those with him came and called the council together, with all the elders of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought.
5:22. But when the officers came and did not find them in the prison, they returned and reported,
5:23. saying, "Indeed we found the prison shut securely, and the guards standing outside before the doors; but when we opened them, we found no one inside!"
5:24. Now when the high priest, the captain of the temple, and the chief priests heard these things, they wondered what the outcome would be.
5:25. So one came and told them, saying, "Look, the men whom you put in prison are standing in the temple and teaching the people!"
5:26. Then the captain went with the officers and brought them without violence, for they feared the people, lest they should be stoned.
5:27. And when they had brought them, they set [them] before the council. And the high priest asked them,
5:28. saying, "Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man's blood on us!"
5:29. But Peter and the [other] apostles answered and said: "We ought to obey God rather than men.
5:30. "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree.
5:31. "Him God has exalted to His right hand [to be] Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.
5:32. "And we are His witnesses to these things, and [so] also [is] the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him."
5:33. When they heard [this,] they were furious and plotted to kill them.
5:34. Then one in the council stood up, a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law held in respect by all the people, and commanded them to put the apostles outside for a little while.
5:35. And he said to them: "Men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what you intend to do regarding these men.
5:36. "For some time ago Theudas rose up, claiming to be somebody. A number of men, about four hundred, joined him. He was slain, and all who obeyed him were scattered and came to nothing.
5:37. "After this man, Judas of Galilee rose up in the days of the census, and drew away many people after him. He also perished, and all who obeyed him were dispersed.
5:38. "And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing;
5:39. "but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it -- lest you even be found to fight against God."
5:40. And they agreed with him, and when they had called for the apostles and beaten [them,] they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
5:41. So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name.
5:42. And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus [as] the Christ.

✝️🗒️STUDY: In Acts 4:18-19, the Jewish leaders warned the Apostles not to speak in the name of Jesus again, but Peter replied that they would rather obey God than obey man. In our text today, the case was revisited. Peter and others were rearrested for preaching in the name of Jesus. The Apostles replied the same way, “We ought to obey God rather than men” (vv. 28-29). They were bold and joyful to suffer for God’s sake, because they had truly had an experience with Jesus and were witnesses of the mighty things God wrought in Him (vv. 32, 41).

From the text, we can see that God miraculously delivered them from prison, strengthened them in their suffering and used Gamaliel to intercede for them among their enemies when there was a plot to kill them (v.33). It pays to obey God because He is all-powerful and cannot be limited. He can deliver when all hope is lost and can use anybody for your sake. When you suffer because of your obedience in Christ Jesus, count it all joy like the Apostles. Learn to obey Him from today on and He will abundantly reward your obedience.

✝️🙏Prayer: Mighty God, grant me grace to always obey you, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:46am On Jun 29, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* THURSDAY 29TH JUNE, 2023 _*{St. Peter the Apostle Day}*_ *THEME:* JESUS IS THE CHRIST

*TEXT:* MATTHEW 16: 13-20

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

13. When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"
14. So they said, "Some [say] John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
15. He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
16. Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17. Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed [this] to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
18. "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
19. "And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
20. Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.

As we commemorate the life of St. Peter today, our text reminds us of his confession of Jesus as “the Christ, the Son of the Living God”(v.16).The region of Caesarea Philippi was in their days, a centre of idolatry with massive stone images. Jesus' question and Peter's answer were to affirm the Deity of Jesus Christ. Upon revelational confession, Jesus promised to build His everlasting Church, affirming that the gates of hell would not prevail.

Beloved, in the midst of religious confusion of the world today, you need to identify who Jesus is. He is the Christ, the Son of the Living God; He is the Way, the Truth and the Life (Jn. 10). He is the image of the invisible God, the first born over all creation (Col. 1:15-20). He is our Lord and Redeemer (Jn. 3:16). Without knowing and experiencing Jesus, life is vain. Acknowledge Jesus Christ today in all your ways and He will be glorified in your life.

Lord Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour: Come into my heart today, _*Amen.*_

God says

_"When you leave your body, you will be at home in My presence."_ *2 Corinthians 5:8*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:51am On Jun 30, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY 30TH JUNE, 2023 *THEME:* PEACEFUL DISPUTE RESOLUTION

*TEXT:* ACTS 6: 1-15

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1. Now in those days, when [the number of] the disciples was multiplying, there arose a complaint against the Hebrews by the Hellenists, because their widows were neglected in the daily distribution.
2. Then the twelve summoned the multitude of the disciples and said, "It is not desirable that we should leave the word of God and serve tables.
3. "Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of [good] reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business;
4. "but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word."
5. And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch,
6. whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid hands on them.
7. Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith.
8. And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people.
9. Then there arose some from what is called the Synagogue of the Freedmen (Cyrenians, Alexandrians, and those from Cilicia and Asia), disputing with Stephen.
10. And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke.
11. Then they secretly induced men to say, "We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and God."
12. And they stirred up the people, the elders, and the scribes; and they came upon [him,] seized him, and brought [him] to the council.
13. They also set up false witnesses who said, "This man does not cease to speak blasphemous words against this holy place and the law;
14. "for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs which Moses delivered to us."
15. And all who sat in the council, looking steadfastly at him, saw his face as the face of an angel.

As the Early Church grew, their challenges also grew, especially in the area of attending to the needy among them. From our text today, there arose the problem of sharing daily provisions among the Greek-speaking Jews and Aramaic-speaking Jews. To settle the issues, the Apostles, led by the Holy Spirit, resolved to select seven reputable, God-fearing and Spirit-filled men from among the people to take up the responsibility. Stephen and six others were chosen to serve in this capacity. This became the foundation of the commissioning of Deacons in the Church.

It should be noted that the Apostles would not want to exchange the gospel with any other business (v.2). Rather, they committed themselves to prayers and teachings (v.4). Also, to settle the problem, they involved the people (v.3) and commissioned those that were chosen (vv. 5-6). Today, some believers are entangled with worldly affairs. They make no distinction between serving God and the world. While some are busier in the world than for God, some do not carry others along in dispute resolution. We should not sacrifice the ministry of the Word and prayers for anything. The Apostles have shown us the way and it is worthy that we emulate them.

Lord Jesus, make me an instrument of Your peace today, in Jesus' name. *Amen*

God says

_"The world and its passions will disappear, but those who do My will shall live forever."_ *1 John 2: 17*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:24am On Jul 01, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-1

🎯TOPIC: STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED

✝️ TEXT: Acts 7:1-35(NKJV)
7:1. Then the high priest said, "Are these things so?"
7:2. And he said, "Brethren and fathers, listen: The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Haran,
7:3. "and said to him, 'Get out of your country and from your relatives, and come to a land that I will show you.'
7:4. "Then he came out of the land of the Chaldeans and dwelt in Haran. And from there, when his father was dead, He moved him to this land in which you now dwell.
7:5. "And [God] gave him no inheritance in it, not even [enough] to set his foot on. But even when [Abraham] had no child, He promised to give it to him for a possession, and to his descendants after him.
7:6. "But God spoke in this way: that his descendants would dwell in a foreign land, and that they would bring them into bondage and oppress [them] four hundred years.
7:7. 'And the nation to whom they will be in bondage I will judge,' said God, 'and after that they shall come out and serve Me in this place.'
7:8. "Then He gave him the covenant of circumcision; and so [Abraham] begot Isaac and circumcised him on the eighth day; and Isaac [begot] Jacob, and Jacob [begot] the twelve patriarchs.
7:9. " And the patriarchs, becoming envious, sold Joseph into Egypt. But God was with him
7:10. "and delivered him out of all his troubles, and gave him favor and wisdom in the presence of Pharaoh, king of Egypt; and he made him governor over Egypt and all his house.
7:11. "Now a famine and great trouble came over all the land of Egypt and Canaan, and our fathers found no sustenance.
7:12. "But when Jacob heard that there was grain in Egypt, he sent out our fathers first.
7:13. "And the second [time] Joseph was made known to his brothers, and Joseph's family became known to the Pharaoh.
7:14. "Then Joseph sent and called his father Jacob and all his relatives to [him,] seventy-five people.
7:15. "So Jacob went down to Egypt; and he died, he and our fathers.
7:16. "And they were carried back to Shechem and laid in the tomb that Abraham bought for a sum of money from the sons of Hamor, [the father] of Shechem.
7:17. " But when the time of the promise drew near which God had sworn to Abraham, the people grew and multiplied in Egypt
7:18. "till another king arose who did not know Joseph.
7:19. "This man dealt treacherously with our people, and oppressed our forefathers, making them expose their babies, so that they might not live.
7:20. "At this time Moses was born, and was well pleasing to God; and he was brought up in his father's house for three months.
7:21. "But when he was set out, Pharaoh's daughter took him away and brought him up as her own son.
7:22. "And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and deeds.
7:23. "Now when he was forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brethren, the children of Israel.
7:24. "And seeing one of [them] suffer wrong, he defended and avenged him who was oppressed, and struck down the Egyptian.
7:25. "For he supposed that his brethren would have understood that God would deliver them by his hand, but they did not understand.
7:26. "And the next day he appeared to two of them as they were fighting, and [tried to] reconcile them, saying, 'Men, you are brethren; why do you wrong one another?'
7:27. "But he who did his neighbor wrong pushed him away, saying, 'Who made you a ruler and a judge over us?
7:28. 'Do you want to kill me as you did the Egyptian yesterday?'
7:29. "Then, at this saying, Moses fled and became a dweller in the land of Midian, where he had two sons.
7:30. "And when forty years had passed, an Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire in a bush, in the wilderness of Mount Sinai.
7:31. "When Moses saw [it,] he marveled at the sight; and as he drew near to observe, the voice of the Lord came to him,
32 saying, ‘I am the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ And Moses trembled and dared not look. 33 ‘Then the Lord said to him, “Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground. 34 I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt; I have heard their groaning and have come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send you to Egypt.” ’
35 “This Moses whom they rejected, saying, ‘Who made you a ruler and a judge?’ is the one God sent to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the Angel who appeared to him in the bush. 36 He brought them out, after he had shown wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red Sea, and in the wilderness forty years.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Stephen was before the great Council, indicted for blasphemy. The witnesses swore against him that they heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and God (Acts 6:13-14). The High Priest then called Stephen to defend himself. He said, “Are these things so?” (Acts 7:1). In other words, have you ever spoken any word to this purpose? Are you guilty or not? Like Apostle Paul, Stephen rose to defend himself in a long discourse as read in today’s text before the entire Council of the Pharisees and Sadducees. Stephen was a man mighty in the scriptures; he was thoroughly furnished in the word of God. Filled with the Holy Spirit and the word of God, He related the scripture stories off-hand. Stephen was not ashamed; he rightly divided the word of God before his accusers.

Beloved, as a child of God, you must be loaded with the word of God. The word of God, not the world dictate what you say, especially in the time of challenges. As Stephen, one of the seven deacons appointed to serve tables, spent quality time studying the scriptures and consequently became a bold witness of Christ, you must give yourself to the word of God (Acts 6:1-6). The study of the Bible must be your daily practice because the word of God is the only potent instrument to confront Satan. Don’t join those who only read their bibles services on Sundays. This will not take far. Let the word of God be your best companion as you go on in your life’s journey and all shall be well (2Tim. 2:15).

✝️🙏Prayer: Help me Lord to be diligent in the study of your word, in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:03am On Jul 02, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-2

🎯TOPIC: JESUS CHRIST, NOT YOUR WEALTH

✝️ TEXT: Matthew 19:16-26(NKJV)
19:16. Now behold, one came and said to Him, "Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?"
19:17. So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one [is] good but One, [that is,] God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."
19:18. He said to Him, "Which ones?" Jesus said, " 'You shall not murder,' 'You shall not commit adultery,' 'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not bear false witness,'
19:19. 'Honor your father and [your] mother,' and, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' "
19:20. The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?"
19:21. Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
19:22. But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
19:23. Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
19:24. "And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
19:25. When His disciples heard [it,] they were greatly astonished, saying, "Who then can be saved?"
19:26. But Jesus looked at [them] and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

✝️🗒️STUDY: Our text today is a discussion between Jesus and a young ruler who desired to be taught by Him. He asked, “What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life” (v.16b). This question reveals the thought of his heart that: (1) He had a firm belief in eternal life (2) He had the mind to secure it for himself(3) He was of the opinion that some good things must be done to attain eternal life. Initially, Jesus asked whether he knew and kept the law.
His response was “All these I have kept from my youth, what do I still lack?" (v.20). Then Jesus told him tosad1) Sell what he had (2) Give to the poor, and (3) Come and follow him. Unfortunately for the young rich man, he went away sorrowful because he had great possessions (vv. 21&22).
Beloved, your joy should derive from following the Master Jesus Christ and doing His biddings. As seen in the life of the young rich man, some Christians express true joy only when things are rosy. Some won't go to church because of no sufficient offerings. Your desire as a Christian should be to follow Christ wholeheartedly and keep His words. Nothing should be considered too much to lose in order to win Christ (Phil.3:cool. Love of money and other material things has made some Christians compromise their faith. You must endeavour to serve the Lord joyfully in any situation you find yourself and part of that service is to take care of the less privileged. Learn to give to the poor. It is a sure way of having treasure in heaven (v.21;Acts 20:35).

✝️🙏Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to love You above material possessions. Give me grace to touch someone's life today by my act of giving. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Can One Be Free From A Tormenting Demon? / Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / "Re-Electing Buhari Will Perpetuate Suffering" - Bishop Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 421
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.