Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) (10640 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2023
✝️📗DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL

Date: 2023-Jul-3
(St. Thomas the Apostle)

🎯TOPIC: BE COURAGEOUS

✝️ TEXT: John 20:24-29(NKJV)
20:24. Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.
20:25. The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."
20:26. And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!"
20:27. Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand [here,] and put [it] into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."
20:28. And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
20:29. Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed [are] those who have not seen and [yet] have believed."

✝️🗒️STUDY: Today we remember Thomas Didymus, one of the disciples of Jesus (Matt. 10:3, John 11:16,20-24). when Jesus declared his intention of going to Bethany to heal Lazarus, despite imminent danger from the hostile Jews, Thomas spoke with courage, “Let us also go; that we may die with him”(John 11:6). Also on the eve of Jesus passion, Thomas was the only disciple who boldly told Jesus, “Lord we do not know where you are going, and how can we know the way?” (John 14: 5). This question made Jesus to reveal the all-time truth about Himself“I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me” (John 14:6). This courageous character and his ardent search for the truth made him declare “... except I shall see ... I will not believe”(John 20:25) On the eighth day, having received the proofs, he made a heartfelt confession “My Lord and my God”(John 20: 28). Though reproved by Jesus for his previous unbelief, yet Thomas' action and courage availed the modern world the proof beyond every reasonable doubt that Jesus indeed resurrected from the grave.
Beloved, God has not given us the spirit of fear but that of power, love and sound mind (2 Tim. 1:7). Do not be afraid to declare the gospel of salvation to your friends and neighbours. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life; no one gets to the father but by him. Like Thomas, let us courageously combat heretical teachings wherever may be found. Preach the truth and defend it today. Thomas had a personal encounter with the Saviour; seek him today and He will reveal Himself to you.

✝️🙏Prayer: Lord reveal yourself to me and give me grace to declare you to the world.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2023
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY 4TH JULY, 2023 *THEME:* YOU ARE NOT TOO BIG TO SERVE THE KING

*TEXT:* ESTHER 1: 1-22

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1:1. Now it came to pass in the days of Ahasuerus (this [was] the Ahasuerus who reigned over one hundred and twenty-seven provinces, from India to Ethiopia),
1:2. in those days when King Ahasuerus sat on the throne of his kingdom, which [was] in Shushan the citadel,
1:3. [that] in the third year of his reign he made a feast for all his officials and servants -- the powers of Persia and Media, the nobles, and the princes of the provinces [being] before him --
1:4. when he showed the riches of his glorious kingdom and the splendor of his excellent majesty for many days, one hundred and eighty days [in all.]
1:5. And when these days were completed, the king made a feast lasting seven days for all the people who were present in Shushan the citadel, from great to small, in the court of the garden of the king's palace.
1:6. [There were] white and blue linen [curtains] fastened with cords of fine linen and purple on silver rods and marble pillars; [and the] couches [were] of gold and silver on a [mosaic] pavement of alabaster, turquoise, and white and black marble.
1:7. And they served drinks in golden vessels, each vessel being different from the other, with royal wine in abundance, according to the generosity of the king.
1:8. In accordance with the law, the drinking was not compulsory; for so the king had ordered all the officers of his household, that they should do according to each man's pleasure.
1:9. Queen Vashti also made a feast for the women [in] the royal palace which [belonged] to King Ahasuerus.
1:10. On the seventh day, when the heart of the king was merry with wine, he commanded Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, Abagtha, Zethar, and Carcas, seven eunuchs who served in the presence of King Ahasuerus,
1:11. to bring Queen Vashti before the king, [wearing] her royal crown, in order to show her beauty to the people and the officials, for she [was] beautiful to behold.
1:12. But Queen Vashti refused to come at the king's command [brought] by [his] eunuchs; therefore the king was furious, and his anger burned within him.
1:13. Then the king said to the wise men who understood the times (for this [was] the king's manner toward all who knew law and justice,
1:14. those closest to him [being] Carshena, Shethar, Admatha, Tarshish, Meres, Marsena, and Memucan, the seven princes of Persia and Media, who had access to the king's presence, [and] who ranked highest in the kingdom):
1:15. "What [shall we] do to Queen Vashti, according to law, because she did not obey the command of King Ahasuerus [brought to her] by the eunuchs?"
1:16. And Memucan answered before the king and the princes: "Queen Vashti has not only wronged the king, but also all the princes, and all the people who [are] in all the provinces of King Ahasuerus.
1:17. "For the queen's behavior will become known to all women, so that they will despise their husbands in their eyes, when they report, 'King Ahasuerus commanded Queen Vashti to be brought in before him, but she did not come.'
1:18. "This very day the [noble] ladies of Persia and Media will say to all the king's officials that they have heard of the behavior of the queen. Thus [there will be] excessive contempt and wrath.
1:19. "If it pleases the king, let a royal decree go out from him, and let it be recorded in the laws of the Persians and the Medes, so that it will not be altered, that Vashti shall come no more before King Ahasuerus; and let the king give her royal position to another who is better than she.
1:20. "When the king's decree which he will make is proclaimed throughout all his empire (for it is great), all wives will honor their husbands, both great and small."
1:21. And the reply pleased the king and the princes, and the king did according to the word of Memucan.
1:22. Then he sent letters to all the king's provinces, to each province in its own script, and to every people in their own language, that each man should be master in his own house, and speak in the language of his own people.

Though the name of God was not mentioned in the book of Esther, God's hand of providence and protection was evident in the lives of His people. Action, they say, speaks louder than voice. The text today reveals how King Ahaswerus made a show of the riches of his kingdom and the excellence of his majesty for six months (180 days) after which he threw a 7-day feast for all in his kingdom (v.4). One day during the feast, the king called Queen Vashti, his wife to make a show of her beauty to his guests but the queen refused to fulfil the desire of the king for that period and was deposed.

Beloved, anyone who considers him/herself too big to serve the Lord will be rejected in the same way as queen Vashti was. God is no respecter of persons. Whoever rejects the instructions of the Lord will be rejected from reigning with Him eternally. 1Samuel 15:23 says “... because you have rejected the word of the Lord, he has also rejected you from being king.” God can reject anyone who disobeys Him at any time. There is nothing like eternal security when it comes to obeying the voice of the Lord. If Ahasuerus, an earthly king with limited days and power, could reject Vashti, his own wife, no one could be considered too close to the Lord to be rejected. Learn to obey the Lord in all things and He will be proud of you.

*PRAYER:*
Lord, give me grace never to take You for granted, in Jesus name. *Amen*

*QUOTE OF THE DAY:*
God says

_"I made the heavens by My Word and I breathed the stars into existence."_ *Psalm 33: 6*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:23am On Jul 05, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY 5TH JULY, 2023 *THEME:* ESTHER OBTAINED FAVOUR: GOD WILL FAVOUR YOU TODAY!

*TEXT:* ESTHER 2: 1-23

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

2:1. After these things, when the wrath of King Ahasuerus subsided, he remembered Vashti, what she had done, and what had been decreed against her.
2:2. Then the king's servants who attended him said: "Let beautiful young virgins be sought for the king;
2:3. "and let the king appoint officers in all the provinces of his kingdom, that they may gather all the beautiful young virgins to Shushan the citadel, into the women's quarters, under the custody of Hegai the king's eunuch, custodian of the women. And let beauty preparations be given [them.]
2:4. "Then let the young woman who pleases the king be queen instead of Vashti." This thing pleased the king, and he did so.
2:5. In Shushan the citadel there was a certain Jew whose name [was] Mordecai the son of Jair, the son of Shimei, the son of Kish, a Benjamite.
2:6. [Kish] had been carried away from Jerusalem with the captives who had been captured with Jeconiah king of Judah, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away.
2:7. And [Mordecai] had brought up Hadassah, that [is,] Esther, his uncle's daughter, for she had neither father nor mother. The young woman [was] lovely and beautiful. When her father and mother died, Mordecai took her as his own daughter.
2:8. So it was, when the king's command and decree were heard, and when many young women were gathered at Shushan the citadel, [under] the custody of Hegai, that Esther also was taken to the king's palace, into the care of Hegai the custodian of the women.
2:9. Now the young woman pleased him, and she obtained his favor; so he readily gave beauty preparations to her, besides her allowance. Then seven choice maidservants were provided for her from the king's palace, and he moved her and her maidservants to the best [place] in the house of the women.
2:10. Esther had not revealed her people or family, for Mordecai had charged her not to reveal [it.]
2:11. And every day Mordecai paced in front of the court of the women's quarters, to learn of Esther's welfare and what was happening to her.
2:12. Each young woman's turn came to go in to King Ahasuerus after she had completed twelve months' preparation, according to the regulations for the women, for thus were the days of their preparation apportioned: six months with oil of myrrh, and six months with perfumes and preparations for beautifying women.
2:13. Thus [prepared, each] young woman went to the king, and she was given whatever she desired to take with her from the women's quarters to the king's palace.
2:14. In the evening she went, and in the morning she returned to the second house of the women, to the custody of Shaashgaz, the king's eunuch who kept the concubines. She would not go in to the king again unless the king delighted in her and called for her by name.
2:15. Now when the turn came for Esther the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her as his daughter, to go in to the king, she requested nothing but what Hegai the king's eunuch, the custodian of the women, advised. And Esther obtained favor in the sight of all who saw her.
2:16. So Esther was taken to King Ahasuerus, into his royal palace, in the tenth month, which [is] the month of Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign.
2:17. The king loved Esther more than all the [other] women, and she obtained grace and favor in his sight more than all the virgins; so he set the royal crown upon her head and made her queen instead of Vashti.
2:18. Then the king made a great feast, the Feast of Esther, for all his officials and servants; and he proclaimed a holiday in the provinces and gave gifts according to the generosity of a king.
2:19. When virgins were gathered together a second time, Mordecai sat within the king's gate.
2:20. [Now] Esther had not revealed her family and her people, just as Mordecai had charged her, for Esther obeyed the command of Mordecai as when she was brought up by him.
2:21. In those days, while Mordecai sat within the king's gate, two of the king's eunuchs, Bigthan and Teresh, doorkeepers, became furious and sought to lay hands on King Ahasuerus.
2:22. So the matter became known to Mordecai, who told Queen Esther, and Esther informed the king in Mordecai's name.
2:23. And when an inquiry was made into the matter, it was confirmed, and both were hanged on a gallows; and it was written in the book of the chronicles in the presence of the king.

Favour simply means God's goodness received without labour or sweat. It could also be used in place of mercy. Favour is not received by might or power; it is not even a product of one's ability. The story in Esther chapter two specifically talks about the favour of God bestowed on Esther who was a complete stranger in the kingdom of Ahasuerus. After Queen Vashti was deposed, the king needed another beautiful woman to be his companion. Arrangements were made for young beautiful ladies to show themselves in what seemed like a beauty contest. When it was the turn of Esther, the Bible says “... And Esther obtained favour in the sight of all them that looked upon her ... And the king loved Esther above all the women and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; so that he set the royal crown on her head, and made her queen instead of Vashti" (vv.15&17).

Beloved, as you go out today, the favour of the Lord will go with you. The Bible shows us two kinds of favour in relation to Jesus Christ: “And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man” (Luke 2:52). These two dimensions of favour shall be your experience today. It does not matter how many people are in your place of work or around you in your establishment, the favour of God will single you out and it shall be well with you.

Father, make me an object of Your uncommon favour today, in Jesus name. *Amen.*

God says

_"I am faithful to keep My covenant of kindness to a thousand generations."_ *Deuteronomy 7:9*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:49am On Jul 06, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-6

🎯TOPIC: THE ENEMY SHALL NOT PROSPER OVER YOU

✝️ TEXT: Esther3:1-15(NKJV)
3:1. After these things King Ahasuerus promoted Haman, the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, and advanced him and set his seat above all the princes who [were] with him.
3:2. And all the king's servants who [were] within the king's gate bowed and paid homage to Haman, for so the king had commanded concerning him. But Mordecai would not bow or pay homage.
3:3. Then the king's servants who [were] within the king's gate said to Mordecai, "Why do you transgress the king's command?"
3:4. Now it happened, when they spoke to him daily and he would not listen to them, that they told [it] to Haman, to see whether Mordecai's words would stand; for [Mordecai] had told them that he [was] a Jew.
3:5. When Haman saw that Mordecai did not bow or pay him homage, Haman was filled with wrath.
3:6. But he disdained to lay hands on Mordecai alone, for they had told him of the people of Mordecai. Instead, Haman sought to destroy all the Jews who [were] throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus -- the people of Mordecai.
3:7. In the first month, which is the month of Nisan, in the twelfth year of King Ahasuerus, they cast Pur (that [is,] the lot), before Haman to determine the day and the month, until [it fell on the] twelfth [month,] which [is] the month of Adar.
3:8. Then Haman said to King Ahasuerus, "There is a certain people scattered and dispersed among the people in all the provinces of your kingdom; their laws [are] different from all [other] people's, and they do not keep the king's laws. Therefore it [is] not fitting for the king to let them remain.
3:9. "If it pleases the king, let [a decree] be written that they be destroyed, and I will pay ten thousand talents of silver into the hands of those who do the work, to bring [it] into the king's treasuries."
3:10. So the king took his signet ring from his hand and gave it to Haman, the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, the enemy of the Jews.
3:11. And the king said to Haman, "The money and the people [are] given to you, to do with them as seems good to you."
3:12. Then the king's scribes were called on the thirteenth day of the first month, and [a decree] was written according to all that Haman commanded -- to the king's satraps, to the governors who [were] over each province, to the officials of all people, to every province according to its script, and to every people in their language. In the name of King Ahasuerus it was written, and sealed with the king's signet ring.
3:13. And the letters were sent by couriers into all the king's provinces, to destroy, to kill, and to annihilate all the Jews, both young and old, little children and women, in one day, on the thirteenth [day] of the twelfth [month,] which [is] the month of Adar, and to plunder their possessions.
3:14. A copy of the document was to be issued as law in every province, being published for all people, that they should be ready for that day.
3:15. The couriers went out, hastened by the king's command; and the decree was proclaimed in Shushan the citadel. So the king and Haman sat down to drink, but the city of Shushan was perplexed.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Haman was a significant individual in the kingdom of king Ahasuerus. He was so important that the king promoted him and gave him a free hand of operation in his kingdom. His words were powerful because he was known to be one of the closest individuals to the king. Haman discovered that all the workers in Sushan, the palace of king Ahasuerus, except Mordecai, the uncle of Esther, usually bowed and reverenced him each time he came around. The Bible tells us why Mordecai did not behave like his colleagues: “…for he had told them that he was a Jew” (v. 4 cf. Exodus 20:1-5). The act of bowing anyhow and for just anything was contrary to the Jewish culture. This was the genesis of Haman’s wrath not only against Mordecai but also all the Jews in the Kingdom of Ahasuerus. He was determined to use his position to wipe them out in the 127 provinces under the control of Ahasuerus. He received the king’s authority to write letters which he posted to all the provinces for the purpose of causing all the Jews to perish (v.13). Eventually, it was Haman who perished (Esther 7:10).

Beloved, as long as you are on the side of the Lord and pursuing His righteousness in all your dealings, you have nothing to fear. It does not matter how many people gather against you, they will fail woefully. Anyone who plots against you shall destroy himself like Haman. As you go out today, no weapon formed against you shall prosper and every plot of the enemy against you shall not stand (Numb. 23:23; Isa. 54:17)

✝️🙏Prayer: No weapon fashioned against me today and always shall prosper, in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:44am On Jul 07, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-7

🎯TOPIC: USE YOUR POSITION TO BRING JOY TO PEOPLE

✝️ TEXT: Esther 4:1-17(NKJV)
4:1. When Mordecai learned all that had happened, he tore his clothes and put on sackcloth and ashes, and went out into the midst of the city. He cried out with a loud and bitter cry.
4:2. He went as far as the front of the king's gate, for no one [might] enter the king's gate clothed with sackcloth.
4:3. And in every province where the king's command and decree arrived, [there was] great mourning among the Jews, with fasting, weeping, and wailing; and many lay in sackcloth and ashes.
4:4. So Esther's maids and eunuchs came and told her, and the queen was deeply distressed. Then she sent garments to clothe Mordecai and take his sackcloth away from him, but he would not accept [them.]
4:5. Then Esther called Hathach, [one] of the king's eunuchs whom he had appointed to attend her, and she gave him a command concerning Mordecai, to learn what and why this [was.]
4:6. So Hathach went out to Mordecai in the city square that [was] in front of the king's gate.
4:7. And Mordecai told him all that had happened to him, and the sum of money that Haman had promised to pay into the king's treasuries to destroy the Jews.
4:8. He also gave him a copy of the written decree for their destruction, which was given at Shushan, that he might show it to Esther and explain it to her, and that he might command her to go in to the king to make supplication to him and plead before him for her people.
4:9. So Hathach returned and told Esther the words of Mordecai.
4:10. Then Esther spoke to Hathach, and gave him a command for Mordecai:
4:11. "All the king's servants and the people of the king's provinces know that any man or woman who goes into the inner court to the king, who has not been called, [he has] but one law: put [all] to death, except the one to whom the king holds out the golden scepter, that he may live. Yet I myself have not been called to go in to the king these thirty days."
4:12. So they told Mordecai Esther's words.
4:13. And Mordecai told [them] to answer Esther: "Do not think in your heart that you will escape in the king's palace any more than all the other Jews.
4:14. "For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for [such] a time as this?"
4:15. Then Esther told [them] to reply to Mordecai:
4:16. "Go, gather all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will fast likewise. And so I will go to the king, which [is] against the law; and if I perish, I perish!"
4:17. So Mordecai went his way and did according to all that Esther commanded him.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Haman had perfected his arrangements (money and documentations) to destroy the Jews. He was very relaxed and confident that his plots would soon come to reality. When Mordecai perceived that the stage had been set for the death of the Jews in all the provinces and jurisdiction of king Ahasuerus, he rent his clothes put on sackcloth with ashes and began to cry all around (v.1). Esther got to know of the horrible appearance of his uncle and his bitter cry and tried to find out what the problem was. Mordecai did not hesitate to narrate the entire story of the determination of Haman to kill all the Jews. He also sent a copy of the letter sent to all the provinces to Esther (vv.2-cool. Mordecai encouraged Esther to rise up for the deliverance of the Jews even at her own peril. Esther requested that a 3-day fasting be done before she could appear before the king to request for his intervention in the matter. One great point made by Mordecai to Esther was “…and who knows whether you were brought to the kingdom for such a time as this?” (v.14)

Beloved, there is a purpose for your marriage, position, job, church, group, etc. You are there to serve God and His people faithfully. Your position is not just for self-glory and advertisement. God has put you where you are so that the lives of those around you will be better. Whether you are a political, Church or family leader, you are an agent of Christ. be determined to put smiles on people’s faces not hardship. Just as the advent of Jesus Christ brought joy to the world, your time as a leader anywhere you may be, must convey the joy of the Lord. Your leadership must not be a burden but a blessing to humanity.

✝️🙏Prayer: Heavenly Father, give me grace to use my position to serve You and humanity, Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:55am On Jul 08, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* SATURDAY 8TH JULY, 2023 *THEME:* BEWARE! YOU ARE THE TARGET OF THE ENEMY

*TEXT:* ESTHER 5: 1-14

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

5:1. Now it happened on the third day that Esther put on [her] royal [robes] and stood in the inner court of the king's palace, across from the king's house, while the king sat on his royal throne in the royal house, facing the entrance of the house.
5:2. So it was, when the king saw Queen Esther standing in the court, [that] she found favor in his sight, and the king held out to Esther the golden scepter that [was] in his hand. Then Esther went near and touched the top of the scepter.
5:3. And the king said to her, "What do you wish, Queen Esther? What [is] your request? It shall be given to you -- up to half the kingdom!"
5:4. So Esther answered, "If it pleases the king, let the king and Haman come today to the banquet that I have prepared for him."
5:5. Then the king said, "Bring Haman quickly, that he may do as Esther has said." So the king and Haman went to the banquet that Esther had prepared.
5:6. At the banquet of wine the king said to Esther, "What [is] your petition? It shall be granted you. What [is] your request, up to half the kingdom? It shall be done!"
5:7. Then Esther answered and said, "My petition and request [is this:]
5:8. "If I have found favor in the sight of the king, and if it pleases the king to grant my petition and fulfill my request, then let the king and Haman come to the banquet which I will prepare for them, and tomorrow I will do as the king has said."
5:9. So Haman went out that day joyful and with a glad heart; but when Haman saw Mordecai in the king's gate, and that he did not stand or tremble before him, he was filled with indignation against Mordecai.
5:10. Nevertheless Haman restrained himself and went home, and he sent and called for his friends and his wife Zeresh.
5:11. Then Haman told them of his great riches, the multitude of his children, everything in which the king had promoted him, and how he had advanced him above the officials and servants of the king.
5:12. Moreover Haman said, "Besides, Queen Esther invited no one but me to come in with the king to the banquet that she prepared; and tomorrow I am again invited by her, along with the king.
5:13. "Yet all this avails me nothing, so long as I see Mordecai the Jew sitting at the king's gate."
5:14. Then his wife Zeresh and all his friends said to him, "Let a gallows be made, fifty cubits high, and in the morning suggest to the king that Mordecai be hanged on it; then go merrily with the king to the banquet." And the thing pleased Haman; so he had the gallows made.

The Bible does not tell us any error committed by Mordecai against Haman other than his refusal to bow and reverence him. The reason was simply that Mordecai had declared he was a Jew (3:4; 5:9). This was the only reason why Haman was full of indignation against Mordecai and the entire Jews and mobilised all financial, material and official resources at his disposal to carry out his evil venture (2:9; 5:11 cf. Psalm 2:1-4). Mordecai became a target of Haman at the king's palace because he chose to keep the law of Yahweh (Exodus 20:1-5).

Beloved, as soon as you rise to fulfil the purpose of God for your life and shun the ways of sin and the world, you are already a target of the devil. As a matter of fact, anyone who is in Christ and is prepared to live godly in Him should be ready to face persecution and trials from Satan. The reason the devil goes all the way to afflict us as children of God is to make us compromise. So, you should never think that the devil is happy with you when you choose to stand for the truth anywhere you may be. There will definitely be deliberate attempts of the enemy of your soul working through the agency of your friends, wife, husband, boss etc. God expects that you should never give up because He is with you to deliver you (Isa. 43:1-5). Just relax confidently on the saving arms of the Master and keep to the pattern of life He has you - the pattern of truth and righteousness. God will surely deliver you.

Father; deliver me from all the plots of my enemy, in Jesus name. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"I will not abandon My own inheritance."_ *Psalm 94:14*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:23am On Jul 09, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-9

🎯TOPIC: STOP WISHING, REPENT NOW!

✝️ TEXT: Luke 15:11-32(NKJV)
15:11. Then He said: "A certain man had two sons.
15:12. "And the younger of them said to [his] father, 'Father, give me the portion of goods that falls [to me.'] So he divided to them [his] livelihood.
15:13. "And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together, journeyed to a far country, and there wasted his possessions with prodigal living.
15:14. "But when he had spent all, there arose a severe famine in that land, and he began to be in want.
15:15. "Then he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
15:16. "And he would gladly have filled his stomach with the pods that the swine ate, and no one gave him [anything.]
15:17. "But when he came to himself, he said, 'How many of my father's hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
15:18. 'I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you,
15:19. "and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants." '
15:20. "And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.
15:21. "And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.'
15:22. "But the father said to his servants, 'Bring out the best robe and put [it] on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on [his] feet.
15:23. 'And bring the fatted calf here and kill [it,] and let us eat and be merry;
15:24. 'for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' And they began to be merry.
15:25. "Now his older son was in the field. And as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing.
15:26. "So he called one of the servants and asked what these things meant.
15:27. "And he said to him, 'Your brother has come, and because he has received him safe and sound, your father has killed the fatted calf.'
15:28. "But he was angry and would not go in. Therefore his father came out and pleaded with him.
15:29. "So he answered and said to [his] father, 'Lo, these many years I have been serving you; I never transgressed your commandment at any time; and yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might make merry with my friends.
15:30. 'But as soon as this son of yours came, who has devoured your livelihood with harlots, you killed the fatted calf for him.'
15:31. "And he said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours.
15:32. 'It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.' "

✝️🗒️STUDY: Today’s text gives an account of the prodigal son who, having collected from his father his portion of inheritance, went to a far country where he lavishly and recklessly spent all with nothing to live on again. In his poor situation, he tried all he could for survival still until he came to his senses and thought of going back to his father. When he was to return to his father a servant, his father ran to him and welcomed him back home with lots of merry as a son.

Brethren, repentance does not stop at a thought of turning over a new leaf, it requires taking decisive steps (vv. 17-19). Thoughts of doing the right thing do not bring forgiveness except one takes the needed steps of confessing and repenting (v.2a). Dear reader, you know how far away your journey from the Lord has been since you gave room to that sin in your life like the prodigal son (v.13). You need not waste away in a strange land when you can return to your heavenly Father (vv. 14-16). You have done enough with the world and its lusts. Stop that sin before it stops you from accessing the throne of mercy again. Do not delay your salvation; come back to God today with a heart of repentance. He will never reject you or treat you with contempt., He will accept, decorate and restore you to your original position and opportunities. Take a step today, tomorrow may be too late (2Cor. 6:2).

✝️🙏Prayer: Just as I am without one plea, Lord, make me YOURS now and ever. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:55am On Jul 10, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY 10TH JULY, 2023 *THEME:* LEARN TO BE PRUDENT

*TEXT:* LUKE 16: 1-18

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

16:1. He also said to His disciples: "There was a certain rich man who had a steward, and an accusation was brought to him that this man was wasting his goods.
16:2. "So he called him and said to him, 'What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward.'
16:3. "Then the steward said within himself, 'What shall I do? For my master is taking the stewardship away from me. I cannot dig; I am ashamed to beg.
16:4. 'I have resolved what to do, that when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.'
16:5. "So he called every one of his master's debtors to [him,] and said to the first, 'How much do you owe my master?'
16:6. "And he said, 'A hundred measures of oil.' So he said to him, 'Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty.'
16:7. "Then he said to another, 'And how much do you owe?' So he said, 'A hundred measures of wheat.' And he said to him, 'Take your bill, and write eighty.'
16:8. "So the master commended the unjust steward because he had dealt shrewdly. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light.
16:9. "And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon, that when you fail, they may receive you into an everlasting home.
16:10. "He who [is] faithful in [what is] least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in [what is] least is unjust also in much.
16:11. "Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true [riches?]
16:12. "And if you have not been faithful in what is another man's, who will give you what is your own?
16:13. "No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."
16:14. Now the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, also heard all these things, and they derided Him.
16:15. And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
16:16. "The law and the prophets [were] until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
16:17. "And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one tittle of the law to fail.
16:18. "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced from [her] husband commits adultery.

One of the problems of the prodigal son as we read yesterday was lack of prudence; he squandered all he had. Today's text reveals the story of another man who lost his job because he was not prudent enough. He was accused of wasting his master's goods. This singular act made him lose opportunities and forfeit his employment. On the contrary, Joseph advised king Pharaoh and the Egyptians against wastage when the land would witness abundance for seven years. He advised them to save for the season of drought (Gen. 41:28-37).

Our society today is characterised by wastage of resources from the government down to individuals. Sometimes, projects are approved, funded and left undone. For some, mismanagement of fund is nothing to them as much as it is not theirs or does not affect their income. Meanwhile, it is important to note that if you fail to be faithful in managing other people's business or property, no one will give you your own (v.12). Do not mismanage the resources in your care. Accountability does not only mean you did not embezzle company money but also helps you to direct the resources available to achieve the desired goal. Therefore, learn to be prudent.

Lord, help me not to be wasteful but prudent in handling the resources in my care. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"My love for you will last forever."_ *Jeremiah 31:3*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:18am On Jul 11, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY 11TH JULY, 2023 *THEME:* ALWAYS CONSIDER THE LESS-PRIVILEGED

*TEXT:* LUKE 16: 19-31

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

16:19. " There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day.
16:20. "But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate,
16:21. "desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
16:22. "So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried.
16:23. "And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
16:24. "Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.'
16:25. "But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.
16:26. 'And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'
16:27. "Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house,
16:28. 'for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'
16:29. "Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.'
16:30. "And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
16:31. "But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "

The rich man in today's passage was so concerned about himself that he could not see the need to take care of poor Lazarus who constantly struggled for crumbs that fell from his table. He had everything in excess but he was not mindful of the poor man around him. At the end, both the rich and poor men died and faced their eternal realities.

Beloved, you must always remember the less-privileged. Some Christians think that until they have all things in abundance like the rich man in our text today, they cannot give to others. This is a wrong way to live as children of God. Anyone who cannot share from his little will find it difficult to part with anything even when he has much. Eternal damnation awaits those who are selfish and inconsiderate of the less-privileged around them (Matthew 25:41-46). In spite of the challenge in terms of ascertaining those who are genuinely in need in society today, Christians must prayerfully discern and perform the duty of giving to the less-privileged. The rich man enjoyed his wealth on earth but had himself to blame eternally. Beware!

Almighty God, Giver of all good gifts, help me to always think of others in whatever I may have. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"I give good gifts to My children when they ask."_ *Matthew 7:11*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:56am On Jul 14, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY 14TH JULY, 2023 *THEME:* THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU

*TEXT:* LUKE 17: 20-29

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

17:20. Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
17:21. "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
17:22. Then He said to the disciples, "The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see [it.]
17:23. "And they will say to you, 'Look here!' or 'Look there!' Do not go after [them] or follow [them.]
17:24. "For as the lightning that flashes out of one [part] under heaven shines to the other [part] under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day.
17:25. "But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.
17:26. "And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:
17:27. "They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
17:28. "Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;
17:29. "but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed [them] all.

Through the ages, many people have always wondered how the kingdom of God looks like and for some, the question has been, “when will it come?” In our text today, the Pharisees asked the Lord Jesus when the kingdom of God would come. First, we note that they were expecting the kingdom to come and they had been trying to observe the times and study events. But the response of the Lord to them showed that they had a wrong perception of how the kingdom of God would come. Jesus Christ said the kingdom of God does not come with observation: “... for indeed, the kingdom ofGod is within you” (v.21). There are two important issues here. First, that the kingdom is an inward thing in the life of a believer. It is an internal day-to-day experience, wherein God reigns as the King.
Second, that wherever a believer is, there, God reigns.

As a Christian, wherever you are, people should find the reign of God. Where God is, nothing else rules. In other words, you are the carrier of the Kingdom of God. This glorious position is exclusively reserved for those who are truly God's children by faith in Jesus Christ. This is non-negotiable. Those who are born again and have been washed in the blood of the Lamb are the members of the Kingdom of God. You must be in this group to have the Kingdom of God within you. Your daily lifestyle will then show that the kingdom of God is in you. And God will use you for His own glory.

Father;, keep reigning in me to affect my world for You. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"I have poured My love into your heart through My Spirit."_ *Romans 5:5*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:57am On Jul 14, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY 14TH JULY, 2023 *THEME:* THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU

*TEXT:* LUKE 17: 20-29

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

17:20. Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
17:21. "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
17:22. Then He said to the disciples, "The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see [it.]
17:23. "And they will say to you, 'Look here!' or 'Look there!' Do not go after [them] or follow [them.]
17:24. "For as the lightning that flashes out of one [part] under heaven shines to the other [part] under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day.
17:25. "But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.
17:26. "And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:
17:27. "They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
17:28. "Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;
17:29. "but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed [them] all.

Through the ages, many people have always wondered how the kingdom of God looks like and for some, the question has been, “when will it come?” In our text today, the Pharisees asked the Lord Jesus when the kingdom of God would come. First, we note that they were expecting the kingdom to come and they had been trying to observe the times and study events. But the response of the Lord to them showed that they had a wrong perception of how the kingdom of God would come. Jesus Christ said the kingdom of God does not come with observation: “... for indeed, the kingdom ofGod is within you” (v.21). There are two important issues here. First, that the kingdom is an inward thing in the life of a believer. It is an internal day-to-day experience, wherein God reigns as the King.
Second, that wherever a believer is, there, God reigns.

As a Christian, wherever you are, people should find the reign of God. Where God is, nothing else rules. In other words, you are the carrier of the Kingdom of God. This glorious position is exclusively reserved for those who are truly God's children by faith in Jesus Christ. This is non-negotiable. Those who are born again and have been washed in the blood of the Lamb are the members of the Kingdom of God. You must be in this group to have the Kingdom of God within you. Your daily lifestyle will then show that the kingdom of God is in you. And God will use you for His own glory.

Father;, keep reigning in me to affect my world for You. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"I have poured My love into your heart through My Spirit."_ *Romans 5:5*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:06am On Jul 15, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-15

🎯TOPIC: REMEMBER LOT'S WIFE

✝️ TEXT: Luke 17:30-37(NKJV)
17:30. "Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.
17:31. "In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods [are] in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back.
17:32. "Remember Lot's wife.
17:33. "Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
17:34. "I tell you, in that night there will be two [men] in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left.
17:35. "Two [women] will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left.
17:36. "Two [men] will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left."
17:37. And they answered and said to Him, "Where, Lord?" So He said to them, "Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together."

✝️🗒️STUDY: “Remember Lot's wife” was the admonition the Lord gave His disciples while prophesying the imminent judgement to be visited on Jerusalem for rejecting Him (Luke 17:25;19:41-44). As it was the days of Noah and Lot, punishment would come upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem suddenly. The believers were to watch for the 'abominations of desolation' spoken about by Daniel (Matt. 24:15). These should propel them to run for their dear lives. “The one who is on the house top, and his goods in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back”(v.31). Then He said, 'Remember Lot's wife” (v.32). Lot's wife, while being forced to escape the judgment that was coming on Sodom and Gomorrah, was carried away with the lust for worldly possessions and thus failed to obey the order given by the angels not to look back. She looked back and became a pillar of salt (Gen. 19:26). She missed the salvation ofGod as her disobedience ended her life abruptly.
Beloved, over and over again, we have been warned that judgement is coming upon the world for rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ and His will. We are admonished to escape for our lives by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour and live to honour Him in truth and holiness. A good number of those who profess the Christian faith live carelessly and have not thrown away the pleasures of this sinful world. Some Christians can hardly be distinguished from unbelievers, a dangerous way to live. As a child of God, you must live by the dictates of the Word and deliberately prepare to meet the Lord when He comes back. Do not be like Lot's wife who knew that judgment was coming but because of greed refused to heed the warning of the angels. May you end well!

✝️🙏Prayer: Dear Lord, enable me to end well, in Jesus name.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:42am On Jul 16, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-16

🎯TOPIC: LOVE, THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT

✝️ TEXT: Mark 12:28-34(NKJV)
12:28. Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, "Which is the first commandment of all?"
12:29. Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments [is:] 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one.
12:30. 'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This [is] the first commandment.
12:31. "And the second, like [it, is] this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."
12:32. So the scribe said to Him, "Well [said,] Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He.
12:33. "And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."
12:34. Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." But after that no one dared question Him.

✝️🗒️STUDY: After the historic triumphal entry, the Pharisees, Sadducees and Scribes of the city asked the Lord Jesus many questions which He answered discreetly. Seeing how appropriate the answers were, one of the scribes questioned Him on the greatest commandment. The Lord gave an astute answer-the first commandment is to love God and the second is to love our neighbour as ourselves. The reaction of the scribe to Jesus' answer was quite impressive. Unlike other scribes who had negative intents and were hypocritical, this man was sincere. He answered from his heart. And the Lord Jesus Who knows all men saw the sincerity of that scribe and declared 'You are not far from the kingdom of God' (v.34). In other words, anyone who must enter into the kingdom of God cannot do away with these two dimensions of love. Without doubt, love is the fulfilment of the law.
Brethren, your love for God must be without wavering and your commitment to the well-being of your fellow humans must not dwindle. As children of God, we cannot claim to be on the right track with the Lord when we express hatred, jealousy and backbiting towards our neighbours. One major evidence of loving God is to show the love of Christ to those around us. The conclusion of Jesus Christ on this subject makes it clear that whoever does not embrace the love of God and show it to others is far from the kingdom of God.

✝️🙏Prayer: Father, please give me grace to love you dearly and my neighbours as myself.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:25am On Jul 17, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-17

🎯TOPIC: GOD REWARDS GOOD DEEDS

✝️ TEXT: Esther 6:1-14(NKJV)
6:1. That night the king could not sleep. So one was commanded to bring the book of the records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king.
6:2. And it was found written that Mordecai had told of Bigthana and Teresh, two of the king's eunuchs, the doorkeepers who had sought to lay hands on King Ahasuerus.
6:3. Then the king said, "What honor or dignity has been bestowed on Mordecai for this?" And the king's servants who attended him said, "Nothing has been done for him."
6:4. So the king said, "Who [is] in the court?" Now Haman had [just] entered the outer court of the king's palace to suggest that the king hang Mordecai on the gallows that he had prepared for him.
6:5. The king's servants said to him, "Haman is there, standing in the court." And the king said, "Let him come in."
6:6. So Haman came in, and the king asked him, "What shall be done for the man whom the king delights to honor?" Now Haman thought in his heart, "Whom would the king delight to honor more than me?"
6:7. And Haman answered the king, "[For] the man whom the king delights to honor,
6:8. "let a royal robe be brought which the king has worn, and a horse on which the king has ridden, which has a royal crest placed on its head.
6:9. "Then let this robe and horse be delivered to the hand of one of the king's most noble princes, that he may array the man whom the king delights to honor. Then parade him on horseback through the city square, and proclaim before him: 'Thus shall it be done to the man whom the king delights to honor!' "
6:10. Then the king said to Haman, "Hurry, take the robe and the horse, as you have suggested, and do so for Mordecai the Jew who sits within the king's gate! Leave nothing undone of all that you have spoken."
6:11. So Haman took the robe and the horse, arrayed Mordecai and led him on horseback through the city square, and proclaimed before him, "Thus shall it be done to the man whom the king delights to honor!"
6:12. Afterward Mordecai went back to the king's gate. But Haman hurried to his house, mourning and with his head covered.
6:13. When Haman told his wife Zeresh and all his friends everything that had happened to him, his wise men and his wife Zeresh said to him, "If Mordecai, before whom you have begun to fall, is of Jewish descent, you will not prevail against him but will surely fall before him."
6:14. While they [were] still talking with him, the king's eunuchs came, and hastened to bring Haman to the banquet which Esther had prepared.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Mordecai had previously exposed a plot to assassinate king Ahasuerus, and because of this, he had saved the king's life (2:21-23). However, his good deed was only recorded in the history books, he was not rewarded for this good deed. There came a night that the king was unable to sleep; he called his servant to bring the book of the records of the chronicles (v.2) and they were read before the king about Mordecai's good deed.
As Christians, our good deeds have great rewards. Initially, it may look as if your good deeds are unrewarded but you only need to be patient for God's appointed time of reward (Heb. 6:10). The reward that Mordecai received came at the right time; it was the time Haman was plotting to kill him and the entire Jews. It was not a coincidence but by the predetermined counsel ofGod. Beloved, do not lose hope on your rewards for good deeds. God will surely reward you even beyond your imagination; do not be tired. Continue in your good deeds and God will pay you back in multiple folds.

✝️🙏Prayer: Lord, let me not be weary in doing good in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:28am On Jul 17, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-17

🎯TOPIC: GOD REWARDS GOOD DEEDS

✝️ TEXT: Esther 6:1-14(NKJV)
6:1. That night the king could not sleep. So one was commanded to bring the book of the records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king.
6:2. And it was found written that Mordecai had told of Bigthana and Teresh, two of the king's eunuchs, the doorkeepers who had sought to lay hands on King Ahasuerus.
6:3. Then the king said, "What honor or dignity has been bestowed on Mordecai for this?" And the king's servants who attended him said, "Nothing has been done for him."
6:4. So the king said, "Who [is] in the court?" Now Haman had [just] entered the outer court of the king's palace to suggest that the king hang Mordecai on the gallows that he had prepared for him.
6:5. The king's servants said to him, "Haman is there, standing in the court." And the king said, "Let him come in."
6:6. So Haman came in, and the king asked him, "What shall be done for the man whom the king delights to honor?" Now Haman thought in his heart, "Whom would the king delight to honor more than me?"
6:7. And Haman answered the king, "[For] the man whom the king delights to honor,
6:8. "let a royal robe be brought which the king has worn, and a horse on which the king has ridden, which has a royal crest placed on its head.
6:9. "Then let this robe and horse be delivered to the hand of one of the king's most noble princes, that he may array the man whom the king delights to honor. Then parade him on horseback through the city square, and proclaim before him: 'Thus shall it be done to the man whom the king delights to honor!' "
6:10. Then the king said to Haman, "Hurry, take the robe and the horse, as you have suggested, and do so for Mordecai the Jew who sits within the king's gate! Leave nothing undone of all that you have spoken."
6:11. So Haman took the robe and the horse, arrayed Mordecai and led him on horseback through the city square, and proclaimed before him, "Thus shall it be done to the man whom the king delights to honor!"
6:12. Afterward Mordecai went back to the king's gate. But Haman hurried to his house, mourning and with his head covered.
6:13. When Haman told his wife Zeresh and all his friends everything that had happened to him, his wise men and his wife Zeresh said to him, "If Mordecai, before whom you have begun to fall, is of Jewish descent, you will not prevail against him but will surely fall before him."
6:14. While they [were] still talking with him, the king's eunuchs came, and hastened to bring Haman to the banquet which Esther had prepared.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Mordecai had previously exposed a plot to assassinate king Ahasuerus, and because of this, he had saved the king's life (2:21-23). However, his good deed was only recorded in the history books, he was not rewarded for this good deed. There came a night that the king was unable to sleep; he called his servant to bring the book of the records of the chronicles (v.2) and they were read before the king about Mordecai's good deed.
As Christians, our good deeds have great rewards. Initially, it may look as if your good deeds are unrewarded but you only need to be patient for God's appointed time of reward (Heb. 6:10). The reward that Mordecai received came at the right time; it was the time Haman was plotting to kill him and the entire Jews. It was not a coincidence but by the predetermined counsel ofGod. Beloved, do not lose hope on your rewards for good deeds. God will surely reward you even beyond your imagination; do not be tired. Continue in your good deeds and God will pay you back in multiple folds.

✝️🙏Prayer: Lord, let me not be weary in doing good in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:48am On Jul 18, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY 18TH JULY, 2023 *THEME:* DESIST FROM EVIL, IT WILL BACKFIRE!

*TEXT:* ESTHER 7: 1-10

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

7:1. So the king and Haman went to dine with Queen Esther.
7:2. And on the second day, at the banquet of wine, the king again said to Esther, "What [is] your petition, Queen Esther? It shall be granted you. And what [is] your request, up to half the kingdom? It shall be done!"
7:3. Then Queen Esther answered and said, "If I have found favor in your sight, O king, and if it pleases the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request.
7:4. "For we have been sold, my people and I, to be destroyed, to be killed, and to be annihilated. Had we been sold as male and female slaves, I would have held my tongue, although the enemy could never compensate for the king's loss."
7:5. So King Ahasuerus answered and said to Queen Esther, "Who is he, and where is he, who would dare presume in his heart to do such a thing?"
7:6. And Esther said, "The adversary and enemy [is] this wicked Haman!" So Haman was terrified before the king and queen.
7:7. Then the king arose in his wrath from the banquet of wine [and went] into the palace garden; but Haman stood before Queen Esther, pleading for his life, for he saw that evil was determined against him by the king.
7:8. When the king returned from the palace garden to the place of the banquet of wine, Haman had fallen across the couch where Esther [was.] Then the king said, "Will he also assault the queen while I [am] in the house?" As the word left the king's mouth, they covered Haman's face.
7:9. Now Harbonah, one of the eunuchs, said to the king, "Look! The gallows, fifty cubits high, which Haman made for Mordecai, who spoke good on the king's behalf, is standing at the house of Haman." Then the king said, "Hang him on it!"
7:10. So they hanged Haman on the gallows that he had prepared for Mordecai. Then the king's wrath subsided.

Haman plotted against Mordecai and the Jews to be eliminated from the land of Shushan. He had got the approval of the king and a date for this plot to be carried out. Mordecai received the report and went to plead with Esther, the queen, to intervene. In our text today, Esther invited the king and the evil plotter Haman to a banquet. While the banquet was on, the king asked Esther to present her petitions and it would be granted even to half of his kingdom. Esther immediately presented her petitions before the king and indicted Haman for plotting to destroy her and her people. King Ahasuerus got angry and ordered Haman to be hanged on the same gallows which he made for Mordecai.

Beloved, Proverbs 26:27 teaches that a person who digs a pit for others will fall into it himself. The death of Haman was occasioned by his plots to destroy the Jews. He prepared the gallows for Mordecai but he was hanged on it. Rather than do evil to others, learn to do good; evil will definitely backfire in the long run. There are many ways and reasons people do evil. There is expression of anger almost at every place today and more often than not, the desire to kill, maim or harm is usually the focus. Unfortunately, Christians are not exempted from this attitude. You must not join those who look for the downfall of others or seek to destroy their fellows. People are bound to offend you but your reaction must not be a plot to destroy. Remember, vengeance belongs to God.

Please Lord, uproot from me every form of evil in Jesus' name. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"Do not be sad, for My joy is your strength."_ *Nehemiah 8:10*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:28am On Jul 19, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-19

🎯TOPIC: DO NOT BE SELF-CENTERED

✝️ TEXT: Esther 8:1-17(NKJV)
8:1. On that day King Ahasuerus gave Queen Esther the house of Haman, the enemy of the Jews. And Mordecai came before the king, for Esther had told how he [was related] to her.
8:2. So the king took off his signet ring, which he had taken from Haman, and gave it to Mordecai; and Esther appointed Mordecai over the house of Haman.
8:3. Now Esther spoke again to the king, fell down at his feet, and implored him with tears to counteract the evil of Haman the Agagite, and the scheme which he had devised against the Jews.
8:4. And the king held out the golden scepter toward Esther. So Esther arose and stood before the king,
8:5. and said, "If it pleases the king, and if I have found favor in his sight and the thing [seems] right to the king and I am pleasing in his eyes, let it be written to revoke the letters devised by Haman, the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, which he wrote to annihilate the Jews who [are] in all the king's provinces.
8:6. "For how can I endure to see the evil that will come to my people? Or how can I endure to see the destruction of my countrymen?"
8:7. Then King Ahasuerus said to Queen Esther and Mordecai the Jew, "Indeed, I have given Esther the house of Haman, and they have hanged him on the gallows because he [tried to] lay his hand on the Jews.
8:8. "You yourselves write [a decree] concerning the Jews, as you please, in the king's name, and seal [it] with the king's signet ring; for whatever is written in the king's name and sealed with the king's signet ring no one can revoke."
8:9. So the king's scribes were called at that time, in the third month, which [is] the month of Sivan, on the twenty-third [day;] and it was written, according to all that Mordecai commanded, to the Jews, the satraps, the governors, and the princes of the provinces from India to Ethiopia, one hundred and twenty-seven provinces [in all,] to every province in its own script, to every people in their own language, and to the Jews in their own script and language.
8:10. And he wrote in the name of King Ahasuerus, sealed [it] with the king's signet ring, and sent letters by couriers on horseback, riding on royal horses bred from swift steeds.
8:11. By these letters the king permitted the Jews who [were] in every city to gather together and protect their lives -- to destroy, kill, and annihilate all the forces of any people or province that would assault them, [both] little children and women, and to plunder their possessions,
8:12. on one day in all the provinces of King Ahasuerus, on the thirteenth [day] of the twelfth month, which [is] the month of Adar.
8:13. A copy of the document was to be issued as a decree in every province and published for all people, so that the Jews would be ready on that day to avenge themselves on their enemies.
8:14. The couriers who rode on royal horses went out, hastened and pressed on by the king's command. And the decree was issued in Shushan the citadel.
8:15. So Mordecai went out from the presence of the king in royal apparel of blue and white, with a great crown of gold and a garment of fine linen and purple; and the city of Shushan rejoiced and was glad.
8:16. The Jews had light and gladness, joy and honor.
8:17. And in every province and city, wherever the king's command and decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a holiday. Then many of the people of the land became Jews, because fear of the Jews fell upon them.

✝️🗒️STUDY: After Haman was hanged on the gallows, king Ahasuerus gave the house of Haman unto Esther the queen (v.1). She also brought Mordecai to the king after telling him the relationship between him and her. The king gave Mordecai the ring which he had taken from Haman and he was set over the house of Haman (v.2). Esther took a further step by pleading with tears before the king to put away what Haman had devised against the Jews because a day had been set aside through the decree that all Jews would be destroyed (3:12-15). The king consented to the demand of Esther (vv. 3-10); another counter decree was made in favour of the Jews to defend them on the day the enemies of the Jews were to strike (v.11). Esther used her position as a weapon to bring deliverance and joy to her people. Her comfortable position did not make her neglect her people. She brought joy and gladness to the depressed Jews (v.17).

Many people in positions of authority today in Church and society, run after their own gains. Quite often, politicians, having obtained the mandate to serve, neglect those who voted them to power and close their eyes to their campaign promises. Some Christian men and women neglect their homes when they attain a new position. In some instances, they settle down with new spouses. As a child of God, whatever position you occupy is for service of God and His people. A self-centered person does not think about others but himself. a self-centered person will cry in his days of distress and no one would attend to him. He will not receive help at the most critical point of his life (Prov. 21:13). Learn from Esther!

✝️🙏Prayer: Lord, take away from me every self-centeredness, in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by hucknall: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
smiley smiley
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:16am On Jul 20, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-20

🎯TOPIC: JOY COMES IN THE MORNING

✝️ TEXT: Esther 9:1-19(NKJV)
9:1. Now in the twelfth month, that [is,] the month of Adar, on the thirteenth day, [the time] came for the king's command and his decree to be executed. On the day that the enemies of the Jews had hoped to overpower them, the opposite occurred, in that the Jews themselves overpowered those who hated them.
9:2. The Jews gathered together in their cities throughout all the provinces of King Ahasuerus to lay hands on those who sought their harm. And no one could withstand them, because fear of them fell upon all people.
9:3. And all the officials of the provinces, the satraps, the governors, and all those doing the king's work, helped the Jews, because the fear of Mordecai fell upon them.
9:4. For Mordecai [was] great in the king's palace, and his fame spread throughout all the provinces; for this man Mordecai became increasingly prominent.
9:5. Thus the Jews defeated all their enemies with the stroke of the sword, with slaughter and destruction, and did what they pleased with those who hated them.
9:6. And in Shushan the citadel the Jews killed and destroyed five hundred men.
9:7. Also Parshandatha, Dalphon, Aspatha,
9:8. Poratha, Adalia, Aridatha,
9:9. Parmashta, Arisai, Aridai, and Vajezatha --
9:10. the ten sons of Haman the son of Hammedatha, the enemy of the Jews -- they killed; but they did not lay a hand on the plunder.
9:11. On that day the number of those who were killed in Shushan the citadel was brought to the king.
9:12. And the king said to Queen Esther, "The Jews have killed and destroyed five hundred men in Shushan the citadel, and the ten sons of Haman. What have they done in the rest of the king's provinces? Now what [is] your petition? It shall be granted to you. Or what [is] your further request? It shall be done."
9:13. Then Esther said, "If it pleases the king, let it be granted to the Jews who [are] in Shushan to do again tomorrow according to today's decree, and let Haman's ten sons be hanged on the gallows."
9:14. So the king commanded this to be done; the decree was issued in Shushan, and they hanged Haman's ten sons.
9:15. And the Jews who [were] in Shushan gathered together again on the fourteenth day of the month of Adar and killed three hundred men at Shushan; but they did not lay a hand on the plunder.
9:16. The remainder of the Jews in the king's provinces gathered together and protected their lives, had rest from their enemies, and killed seventy-five thousand of their enemies; but they did not lay a hand on the plunder.
9:17. [This was] on the thirteenth day of the month of Adar. And on the fourteenth day of [the month] they rested and made it a day of feasting and gladness.
9:18. But the Jews who [were] at Shushan assembled together on the thirteenth [day,] as well as on the fourteenth; and on the fifteenth of [the month] they rested, and made it a day of feasting and gladness.
9:19. Therefore the Jews of the villages who dwelt in the unwalled towns celebrated the fourteenth day of the month of Adar [with] gladness and feasting, as a holiday, and for sending presents to one another.

✝️🗒️STUDY: When Haman got the permission of king Ahaseurus to kill all the Jews, there was confusion, weeping, wailing and mourning all over the city (4:1-3). Mordecai declared fasting and instructed the Jews to put on sack clothes and lie in ashes. The news got to Queen Esther and she risked her life to see the king (4:16). God gave Esther favour before the king and the decree was reversed. The Jews rejoiced greatly for the victory God granted them before their enemies (vv. 5-10). A day of feasting and gladness was fixed by the Jews to celebrate this victory.

Child of God, you may currently be weeping, despair and even depression. “weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning” (Psa. 30:5). Trust in God more than ever and be confident that He is in control. Your present situation is not going to be permanent; it will soon fade away. Every problem has its expiry date. Your time to laugh and dance is very close by. You should never think that God is unfair to you. Note that every cloud has a silver lining. Keep trusting Him and you will soon laugh.

✝️🙏Prayer: Lord, give me grace to persevere and keep trusting you in Jesus’ name. (Amen)
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:17am On Jul 22, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-22
(St. MaryMagdalene)

🎯TOPIC: PERSEVERANCE IN FAITH YIELDS WONDERFUL RESULTS

✝️ TEXT: John 20:11-18(NKJV)
20:11. But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down [and looked] into the tomb.
20:12. And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
20:13. Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him."
20:14. Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing [there,] and did not know that it was Jesus.
20:15. Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
20:16. Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him, "Rabboni!" (which is to say, Teacher).
20:17. Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and [to] My God and your God.' "
20:18. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and [that] He had spoken these things to her.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Today marks the life and times of St. Mary Magdalene, as we remember the prominent role she played in the Gospel narratives. Her personality and character in the gospels depict a deep love for God, forgiveness and regeneration, deliverance from satanic grip and perseverance in faith. Mary the Magdalene refused to leave the premises of the tomb of Jesus even after Peter and John had left in hopelessness when they could not see the body of Jesus. The insistence of Mary not to leave the tomb without seeing the body of the Saviour who had cured her of demonic oppression, made her take a step further than what Peter and John did. As a result, she became the first person to see the resurrected Jesus; the first person commissioned to spread the tidings of seeing the resurrected Jesus, according to John's gospel (vv. 11-17; Mk 16:9;Matt. 28:1).
Dearly beloved, failure to persevere in your journey of faith in the Lord will not let you enjoy the full benefits and joy of serving Him fully. As Mary refused to leave the tomb until she saw Jesus, so must you decide to persevere in your faith in him without looking back. Peter and John did not enjoy the privilege of seeing the resurrected Jesus first hand because they ran back to the disciples. Mary Magdalene took a step deeper and further by eagerly desiring to see Jesus. The deeper you go in your fellowship with Christ, the deeper your knowledge of Him grows. The more you yield to Him, the better you enjoy Him. The more you persevere in following Him despite worldly enticement and distraction, the more glorious and wonderful your life becomes. Make a decision today to persevere in your walk with Him.

✝️🙏Prayer: Father, help me to always persevere in the faith that I may enjoy Your blessings. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY 24TH JULY, 2023 *THEME:* WHAT TYPE OF GROUND IS YOUR HEART?

*TEXT:* MARK 4: 1-20

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

4:1. And again He began to teach by the sea. And a great multitude was gathered to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat [in it] on the sea; and the whole multitude was on the land facing the sea.
4:2. Then He taught them many things by parables, and said to them in His teaching:
4:3. "Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow.
4:4. "And it happened, as he sowed, [that] some [seed] fell by the wayside; and the birds of the air came and devoured it.
4:5. "Some fell on stony ground, where it did not have much earth; and immediately it sprang up because it had no depth of earth.
4:6. "But when the sun was up it was scorched, and because it had no root it withered away.
4:7. "And some [seed] fell among thorns; and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no crop.
4:8. "But other [seed] fell on good ground and yielded a crop that sprang up, increased and produced: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred."
4:9. And He said to them, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"
4:10. But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable.
4:11. And He said to them, "To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables,
4:12. "so that 'Seeing they may see and not perceive, And hearing they may hear and not understand; Lest they should turn, And [their] sins be forgiven them.' "
4:13. And He said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?
4:14. "The sower sows the word.
4:15. "And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts.
4:16. "These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
4:17. "and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word's sake, immediately they stumble.
4:18. "Now these are the ones sown among thorns; [they are] the ones who hear the word,
4:19. "and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
4:20. "But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept [it,] and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred."

The parable in the text brings before us the type of ground each human heart is with respect to our response to God's word. the seed falling on the wayside and devoured by birds as representing the heart that does not retain God's word because the devil immediately takes the word from such a heart. The stony ground represents the heart that rejoices at the entrance of God's word but which soon loses the joy as affliction or persecution arises. This happens because the heart is not rooted in Christ and cannot stand heat. The seed that fell among thorns and was choked represents the heart that allows the cares and worldly lusts destroy God's word in it. The seed that fell on good soil and yielded fruit represents every heart that receives God's word and perseveres to grow in Christ thus yielding fruits that bring glory to God.

Beloved, your heart is expected to receive and retain the word of God just like the good soil, and persevere to obey it. Your perseverance is expressed as you stick to His word despite afflictions and worldly lusts. As a child of God, you should not allow the cares of worldly things or afflictions to choke the life of God in you. You are to be on guard and not allow the devil deceitfully take God's word from you. To remain fruitful in Christ, participate actively in the things of God, even in your local congregation and fellowship consistently with heavenly-minded believers in Christ.

Father in heaven, make my heart a good soil for Your word so that I can produce fruits to Your glory, in Jesus' name. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"I will restore your health and heal all your hurts."_ *Jeremiah 30:17*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:51am On Jul 26, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY 26TH JULY, 2023 *THEME:* SHOW YOUR LIGHT

*TEXT:* MARK 4: 21-34

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

4:21. Also He said to them, "Is a lamp brought to be put under a basket or under a bed? Is it not to be set on a lampstand?
4:22. "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light.
4:23. "If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."
4:24. Then He said to them, "Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given.
4:25. "For whoever has, to him more will be given; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him."
4:26. And He said, "The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground,
4:27. "and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how.
4:28. "For the earth yields crops by itself: first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head.
4:29. "But when the grain ripens, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come."
4:30. Then He said, "To what shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what parable shall we picture it?
4:31. "[It is] like a mustard seed which, when it is sown on the ground, is smaller than all the seeds on earth;
4:32. "but when it is sown, it grows up and becomes greater than all herbs, and shoots out large branches, so that the birds of the air may nest under its shade."
4:33. And with many such parables He spoke the word to them as they were able to hear [it.]
4:34. But without a parable He did not speak to them. And when they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples.

Today's passage reveals to us that every normal human being would not light a lamp and hide it under a basket but rather would put it on a lamp stand . This means that a lamp can only perform its function maximally when. But if positioned well on the lamp stand, it will give light to everyone who comes in contact with it and also reveal all hidden things (v. 22).

Beloved, you are a light in this wicked world. If you align yourself with Christ, others will notice your light and recognise that your life is different from their own and this will attract them to Christ (Matt. 5:14-16). God has positioned you as one of His children where He puts you. Do not hide your light - show it to the world by sharing the gospel of Christ with them. You are not to hide the truth you carry. As a Christian, you are not supposed to hide your identity; fly your banner and share the good news of Christ. Be willing to discuss your salvation experience with others around you.

Dear Lord, give me grace and boldness to show my light in the midst of darkness of this world, in Jesus' name. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"If you share with the needy, My glory will guard your back."_ *Isaiah 58:7-8*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:06am On Jul 27, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-27

🎯TOPIC: JESUS HAS AUTHORITY OVER EVERY STORM

✝️ TEXT: Mark 4:35-41(NKJV)
4:35. On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, "Let us cross over to the other side."
4:36. Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him.
4:37. And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling.
4:38. But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, "Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?"
4:39. Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.
4:40. But He said to them, "Why are you so fearful? How [is it] that you have no faith?"
4:41. And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, "Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!"

✝️🗒️STUDY: Today's passage shows the authority of Jesus over every storm of life. When evening had come, the disciples decided to cross over to the other side, but suddenly a great windstorm arose against their boat (vv. 36-37). In spite of the storm, Jesus was asleep because He had authority over every storm of life (v.38). This indicates the authority that Jesus over every situation and circumstance. When the disciples awoke Him, He rose up and rebuked the storm and the wind ceased and there was a great calm.
Beloved, Satan knows that there is a better life for you at the other side of the sea and he does not want you to get there. That is the reason he continuously raises different storms to frustrate you. But the good news is that you will certainly get to your destination because the Lord Jesus Christ has power over every situation, including whatever storm the devil brings your way. All you need do is relax confidently on Him. All authority both in heaven and on earth belongs to Jesus. No matter how violent the storm in your life, marriage, business, ministry and career might be, you should believe that Jesus who has authority over every storm is with you. He will not allow the ship of your life to capsize. There is life beyond the storm, if Jesus is in the boat of your life.

✝️🙏Prayer: Dear Lord, I receive you into the boat of my life; take your rightful place, reign, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:55am On Jul 28, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY 28TH JULY, 2023 *THEME:* JESUS HAS AUTHORITY OVER DEMONS

*TEXT:* MARK 5: 1-20

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

5:1. Then they came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes.
5:2. And when He had come out of the boat, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
5:3. who had [his] dwelling among the tombs; and no one could bind him, not even with chains,
5:4. because he had often been bound with shackles and chains. And the chains had been pulled apart by him, and the shackles broken in pieces; neither could anyone tame him.
5:5. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying out and cutting himself with stones.
5:6. When he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped Him.
5:7. And he cried out with a loud voice and said, "What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God that You do not torment me."
5:8. For He said to him, "Come out of the man, unclean spirit!"
5:9. Then He asked him, "What [is] your name?" And he answered, saying, "My name [is] Legion; for we are many."
5:10. Also he begged Him earnestly that He would not send them out of the country.
5:11. Now a large herd of swine was feeding there near the mountains.
5:12. So all the demons begged Him, saying, "Send us to the swine, that we may enter them."
5:13. And at once Jesus gave them permission. Then the unclean spirits went out and entered the swine (there were about two thousand); and the herd ran violently down the steep place into the sea, and drowned in the sea.
5:14. So those who fed the swine fled, and they told [it] in the city and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that had happened.
5:15. Then they came to Jesus, and saw the one [who had been] demon-possessed and had the legion, sitting and clothed and in his right mind. And they were afraid.
5:16. And those who saw it told them how it happened to him [who had been] demon-possessed, and about the swine.
5:17. Then they began to plead with Him to depart from their region.
5:18. And when He got into the boat, he who had been demon-possessed begged Him that he might be with Him.
5:19. However, Jesus did not permit him, but said to him, "Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you."
5:20. And he departed and began to proclaim in Decapolis all that Jesus had done for him; and all marveled.

Yesterday, we discussed what happened to Jesus' disciples on the sea where Jesus demonstrated His power over the storm and did the same over demons when they eventually got to the other side of the sea, in the country of the Gadarenes (v.1). Demons are fallen angels who lost their positions in heaven because Satan their master rebelled against God. These were the spirits afflicting the man that Jesus met. It took the authority ofJesus to cast out unclean spirits from that man who had his dwelling among the tombs and was being tormented day and night. Demons had changed the destiny of the man - he was disrobed of his dignity and honour and made to dwell in the most horrible place-the graveyard.

Dearly beloved, no matter how strong the operations of demons might be in your life and family, they are bound to bow at the authority of Jesus Christ. You may be under the bondage of satanic spirit, or you are tortured and tormented by the spirit of debt, failure, near success syndrome, etc., the only place to turn is the Lord Jesus Christ. If you surrender all to Jesus today and declare Him as the Lord of your life, all these spirits will bow to the authority of Jesus and leave your life. Jesus has stripped the principalities and the powers; He has made a show of them openly, triumphing over them by His death on the cross (Col. 2:15). All you need to do is to accept His Lordship over your life! You will be amazed at what Jesus will do in your life.

O Lord, grant me grace to submit myself to Your authority all the days of my life, in Jesus' name. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"I am near to you whenever you cry out."_ *Deuteronomy 4:7*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:29am On Jul 29, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-29

🎯TOPIC: COME TO JESUS BY FAITH; HE WILL HANDLE YOUR CASE

✝️ TEXT: Mark 5:21-44(NKJV)
5:21. Now when Jesus had crossed over again by boat to the other side, a great multitude gathered to Him; and He was by the sea.
5:22. And behold, one of the rulers of the synagogue came, Jairus by name. And when he saw Him, he fell at His feet
5:23. and begged Him earnestly, saying, "My little daughter lies at the point of death. Come and lay Your hands on her, that she may be healed, and she will live."
5:24. So [Jesus] went with him, and a great multitude followed Him and thronged Him.
5:25. Now a certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years,
5:26. and had suffered many things from many physicians. She had spent all that she had and was no better, but rather grew worse.
5:27. When she heard about Jesus, she came behind [Him] in the crowd and touched His garment.
5:28. For she said, "If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well."
5:29. Immediately the fountain of her blood was dried up, and she felt in [her] body that she was healed of the affliction.
5:30. And Jesus, immediately knowing in Himself that power had gone out of Him, turned around in the crowd and said, "Who touched My clothes?"
5:31. But His disciples said to Him, "You see the multitude thronging You, and You say, 'Who touched Me?' "
5:32. And He looked around to see her who had done this thing.
5:33. But the woman, fearing and trembling, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell down before Him and told Him the whole truth.
5:34. And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction."
5:35. While He was still speaking, [some] came from the ruler of the synagogue's [house] who said, "Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?"
5:36. As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, "Do not be afraid; only believe."
5:37. And He permitted no one to follow Him except Peter, James, and John the brother of James.
5:38. Then He came to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and saw a tumult and those who wept and wailed loudly.
5:39. When He came in, He said to them, "Why make this commotion and weep? The child is not dead, but sleeping."
5:40. And they ridiculed Him. But when He had put them all outside, He took the father and the mother of the child, and those [who were] with Him, and entered where the child was lying.
5:41. Then He took the child by the hand, and said to her, "Talitha, cumi," which is translated, "Little girl, I say to you, arise."
5:42. Immediately the girl arose and walked, for she was twelve years [of age.] And they were overcome with great amazement.
5:43. But He commanded them strictly that no one should know it, and said that [something] should be given her to eat.

✝️🗒️STUDY: We find in our text today the account of two great miracles performed by Jesus Christ. The first was the miraculous healing of a woman with the issue of blood; the Bible reveals that this woman had suffered much under many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was no better. The second miracle was the restoration of Jairus’ daughter. Jairus was one of the rulers of synagogue; a well-known and respected ruler. He came to Jesus and fell at His feet, pleading with Him to come and lay His hands on his daughter who was at the point of death (v.23).

Beloved, you need faith and determination to obtain a miracle from Jesus. The woman did not allow the crowd to deprive her of her healing, she said, “If I touch even his garment, I shall be made well.” Immediately she touched the garment, her problem of twelve years suddenly disappeared. Those who brought the bad news of the death of Jairus’ daughter thought all hopes were lost since the girl had died. But the event took a different turn at the appearance of Jesus Christ who can handle every situation with his authority over all things. You have a Father who can reverse the irreversible. If Jesus could heal the woman with the issue of blood; if He could raise Jairus’ daughter back to life, He can handle your case too. He can do anything that is humanly impossible in your life. Just come to Him by faith.

✝️🙏Prayer: Lord, increase my faith in You, in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:59am On Jul 30, 2023

Date: 2023-Jul-30
(Eight Sunday after Trinity)

🎯TOPIC: SANCTIFICATION THROUGH THE WORD OF GOD

✝️ TEXT: John 17:11-19(NKJV)
17:11. "Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We [are.]
17:12. "While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
17:13. "But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves.
17:14. "I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
17:15. "I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.
17:16. "They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
17:17. "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
17:18. "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
17:19. "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Sanctification is a theological term that has been widely expounded by various Christian scholars. Baker's Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology defines sanctification as the state of proper functioning. It means to be made holy and set apart for special use. In our text today, we see that Jesus, having fulfilled His ministry and at the point of going back to His
Father, prayed for His disciples. He prayed that the Father would sanctify them through His word (v.17). They needed to be sanctified so as to live in such a way that would attract the glory of God. They would also manifest the power of God in their given assignment. Sanctification involves separation, consecration and dedication to a life of purity made possible only through the word of God. Jesus Christ desired that His disciples would give themselves to God for the task of spreading the good news of salvation to the world. But then, they needed to be sanctified through the word of God.
As a believer, you need to know that it is the will of God that you are sanctified (I Thess. 4:3). We live in a world full of corruptible and abominable acts, wickedness and immorality. The word of God is the only potent instrument that brings sanctification to man's life. God has called you to holy living. As a follower of Christ, living to reveal the beauty of God in this world of darkness should be your priority. The word of God has power to purge your heart from every form of impurity and make you suitable for noble use (2 Tim.2:21). When you allow the word of God to occupy your heart, it purges you and makes you become a noble vessel.

✝️🙏Prayer: Lord, let the power of your word bring sanctification to my spirit, soul and body, in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:13am On Jul 31, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY 31ST JULY, 2023 *THEME:* CONTENTMENT, BASIS FOR A PEACEFUL FAMILY LIFE

*TEXT:* PROVERBS 16: 31-17: 8

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

16:31 The silver-haired head [is] a crown of glory, [If] it is found in the way of righteousness.
16:32 [He who is] slow to anger [is] better than the mighty, And he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.
16:33 The lot is cast into the lap, But its every decision [is] from the LORD.

_*Chapter 17: 1-8*_
17:1 Better [is] a dry morsel with quietness, Than a house full of feasting [with] strife.
17:2 A wise servant will rule over a son who causes shame, And will share an inheritance among the brothers.
17:3 The refining pot [is] for silver and the furnace for gold, But the LORD tests the hearts.
17:4 An evildoer gives heed to false lips; A liar listens eagerly to a spiteful tongue.
17:5 He who mocks the poor reproaches his Maker; He who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.
17:6 Children's children [are] the crown of old men, And the glory of children [is] their father.
17:7 Excellent speech is not becoming to a fool, Much less lying lips to a prince.
17:8 A present [is] a precious stone in the eyes of its possessor; Wherever he turns, he prospers.

Our text today brings together many things that will help man to live a peaceful family life. We already know that only things acquired in the right way can remain permanent (Jer. 17:11). The writer points out how more desirable it is to have a peaceful life rather than a house full of delicacies with strife. A peaceful family life is a great blessing. It becomes obvious from the text that God's dealing with His people is always for good; it is to make them live to fulfil His purpose for their lives with absolute joy.

Brethren, part of what brings peace and harmony into our lives and family is contentment. The word of God says, “Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have; for he has said, “I will never fail you nor forsake you" (Heb. 13:5). Note that contentment in this sense does not translate to idleness or complacency; it means thanking God for what He has given you and trusting Him for the best. Anyone who desires to live a contented life must allow Jesus to rule and reign in his or her life. He is the Prince of peace. Jesus is the only one through whom contentment can be guaranteed. Let Him rule and reign in your life and family and you will see how much peace. When Jesus is in a family, there will be peace and joy; the true reflection of contentment.

Jesus Christ the Prince of peace, come into my life and establish Your Throne of peace. _*Amen.*_

God says

_"Those who overcome will be pillars in My temple forever."_ *Revelation 3:12*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:55am On Aug 01, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY 1ST AUGUST, 2023 *THEME:* THE SAFEST PLACE OF SECURITY

*TEXT:* PROVERBS 18: 10-24

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

18:10. The name of the LORD [is] a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.
18:11. The rich man's wealth [is] his strong city, And like a high wall in his own esteem.
18:12. Before destruction the heart of a man is haughty, And before honor [is] humility.
18:13. He who answers a matter before he hears [it,] It [is] folly and shame to him.
18:14. The spirit of a man will sustain him in sickness, But who can bear a broken spirit?
18:15. The heart of the prudent acquires knowledge, And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
18:16. A man's gift makes room for him, And brings him before great men.
18:17. The first [one] to plead his cause [seems] right, Until his neighbor comes and examines him.
18:18. Casting lots causes contentions to cease, And keeps the mighty apart.
18:19. A brother offended [is harder to win] than a strong city, And contentions [are] like the bars of a castle.
18:20. A man's stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth, [From] the produce of his lips he shall be filled.
18:21. Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.
18:22. [He who] finds a wife finds a good [thing,] And obtains favor from the LORD.
18:23. The poor [man] uses entreaties, But the rich answers roughly.
18:24. A man [who has] friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend [who] sticks closer than a brother.

Chapter 18 of Proverbs is a contrast between the behaviour of the wise and the foolish. The writer gives a clear picture of two categories of people: One can be rich and at the same time foolish, and being poor does not determine if a man is wise or not. The rich trust in their wealth; they feel that they are secure outright, and thus, cannot be brought down to poverty. the poor repose their confidence in God are satisfied with security, wisdom and other precious gifts of life (vv. 10,16,22).

No doubt, as the high tower is the safest place of a city under attack, so is the Lord the safest place to find security in a world that is full of cruelty and danger (Psa. 61:1-3). Anyone who desires to live above insecurity in this world must accept the Lordship of Jesus Christ; in Him is the safest place to be secured. In addition, He will make us wise, depend on Him totally and become our undeniable Friend forever (v.24).

_Use CONH. 810, stanza 1 as a prayer_
What a Friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and grief to bear!
What a privilege to carry,
Everything to God in Prayer
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry,
Everything to God in Prayer

God says

_"You are My children now and you will be just like Jesus when He appears."_ *1 John 3:2*

*WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF AUGUST 2023*
_This August shall launch you into the Presence of the Almighty God. He will disappoint the expectations of the enemies of your destiny. No weapon set against you and your loved ones shall prosper but you shall mount up while your adversaries perish in their plots. The source of their power shall dry up and they shall rise no more._ *Amen*

*HAPPY NEW MONTH*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:21am On Aug 02, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-02

🎯TOPIC: KEEPING HIS PRINCIPLES

✝️ TEXT: Proverbs 19:13-29(NKJV)
19:13. A foolish son [is] the ruin of his father, And the contentions of a wife [are] a continual dripping.
19:14. Houses and riches [are] an inheritance from fathers, But a prudent wife [is] from the LORD.
19:15. Laziness casts [one] into a deep sleep, And an idle person will suffer hunger.
19:16. He who keeps the commandment keeps his soul, [But] he who is careless of his ways will die.
19:17. He who has pity on the poor lends to the LORD, And He will pay back what he has given.
19:18. Chasten your son while there is hope, And do not set your heart on his destruction.
19:19. [A man of] great wrath will suffer punishment; For if you rescue [him,] you will have to do it again.
19:20. Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days.
19:21. There are many plans in a man's heart, Nevertheless the LORD's counsel -- that will stand.
19:22. What is desired in a man is kindness, And a poor man is better than a liar.
19:23. The fear of the LORD [leads] to life, And [he who has it] will abide in satisfaction; He will not be visited with evil.
19:24. A lazy [man] buries his hand in the bowl, And will not so much as bring it to his mouth again.
19:25. Strike a scoffer, and the simple will become wary; Rebuke one who has understanding, [and] he will discern knowledge.
19:26. He who mistreats [his] father [and] chases away [his] mother [Is] a son who causes shame and brings reproach.
19:27. Cease listening to instruction, my son, And you will stray from the words of knowledge.
19:28. A disreputable witness scorns justice, And the mouth of the wicked devours iniquity.
19:29. Judgments are prepared for scoffers, And beatings for the backs of fools.

✝️🗒️STUDY: The latter part of Proverbs Chapter 19 (vv. 13-29) centres on principles of listening, obeying and giving. It reveals three categories of people. First, the young ones who desire to live long must listen to their parents' instructions, and obey God's commandments (vv. 13, 20, 23,26). Second, God shun laziness. Society is not responsible for those who refuse to work for their own food. And if a person is too lazy to feed himself, then others are not obligated to do it for him (vv. 15, 24). Third, it is certain that the poor cannot be eradicated from society; God relies on people who can lend to Him while meeting the needs of the poor (vv.17,22-23)
Brethren, it is good to If parents do not discipline their children while they are young, it will be too late to discipline them when they are old. Parents are encouraged to take up their primary task by training the young ones in the way of the Lord (v.18). A well trained child would learn how to behave in society, would not be lazy or become bad influence on the society. He would also learn to trust God to choose his/her heart desires. Lastly, he/she would always consider putting his/her plans first according to the will of God. By so doing, such a person will live a meaningful life.

✝️🙏Prayer: Teach us O Lord, to put You first in our plans, and to keep Your commandments, so that we may enjoy our lives here on earth and in eternity, in Jesus name Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:19am On Aug 03, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-03

🎯TOPIC: A GOOD LIVING REQUIRES CHARITY AND WISDOM

✝️ TEXT: Proverbs 20:1-23(NKJV)
20:1. Wine [is] a mocker, Strong drink [is] a brawler, And whoever is led astray by it is not wise.
20:2. The wrath of a king [is] like the roaring of a lion; [Whoever] provokes him to anger sins [against] his own life.
20:3. [It is] honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel.
20:4. The lazy [man] will not plow because of winter; He will beg during harvest and [have] nothing.
20:5. Counsel in the heart of man [is like] deep water, But a man of understanding will draw it out.
20:6. Most men will proclaim each his own goodness, But who can find a faithful man?
20:7. The righteous [man] walks in his integrity; His children [are] blessed after him.
20:8. A king who sits on the throne of judgment Scatters all evil with his eyes.
20:9. Who can say, "I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin"?
20:10. Diverse weights [and] diverse measures, They [are] both alike, an abomination to the LORD.
20:11. Even a child is known by his deeds, Whether what he does [is] pure and right.
20:12. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, The LORD has made them both.
20:13. Do not love sleep, lest you come to poverty; Open your eyes, [and] you will be satisfied with bread.
20:14. "[It is] good for nothing," cries the buyer; But when he has gone his way, then he boasts.
20:15. There is gold and a multitude of rubies, But the lips of knowledge [are] a precious jewel.
20:16. Take the garment of one who is surety [for] a stranger, And hold it as a pledge [when it] is for a seductress.
20:17. Bread gained by deceit [is] sweet to a man, But afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.
20:18. Plans are established by counsel; By wise counsel wage war.
20:19. He who goes about [as] a talebearer reveals secrets; Therefore do not associate with one who flatters with his lips.
20:20. Whoever curses his father or his mother, His lamp will be put out in deep darkness.
20:21. An inheritance gained hastily at the beginning Will not be blessed at the end.
20:22. Do not say, "I will recompense evil"; Wait for the LORD, and He will save you.
20:23. Diverse weights [are] an abomination to the LORD, And dishonest scales [are] not good.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Today's passage is summarised into two paragraphs. Verses 1-14 teach that one's behaviour determines if one is a righteous person. For instance:i. People who are engaged in intoxicating drinks lack discipline and are uncontrollable (v.1). Parents who possess integrity will be examples to their children to emulate (v.7). Lazy people who love to sleep will be poor. Meanwhile, industrious people will be their bosses, and thus if they do not work, lazy people will not eat (v.13). The second paragraph, verses 15-23, teach that wisdom is not a guarantee that one will be wealthy, but a wealthy person must be wise. Wisdom teaches one to seek the advice of as many people as possible before one puts a plan into an operation (v. 18).
It is good to aspire a good living. To achieve this, we have to imbibe charity and wisdom in our day-to-day activities. Charity, they say begins at home -it is expected of the elders to teach the young ones moral education. This will go a long way to encourage good living in society. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom- if we allow God's fear to radiate our lives through His word, He will teach us what is right to do. Wisdom will also teach us that it is only the blessings of God that make one rich, and not an inheritance gained hastily at the beginning (v.21).

✝️🙏Prayer: Create in me, O Lord, more of godly character and wisdom for a good living, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:20am On Aug 05, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* SATURDAY 5TH AUGUST, 2023 *THEME:* BETWEEN A GOOD NAME AND RICHES

*TEXT:* PROVERBS 22: 1-17

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

22:1. A [good] name is to be chosen rather than great riches, Loving favor rather than silver and gold.
22:2. The rich and the poor have this in common, The LORD [is] the maker of them all.
22:3. A prudent [man] foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.
22:4. By humility [and] the fear of the LORD [Are] riches and honor and life.
22:5. Thorns [and] snares [are] in the way of the perverse; He who guards his soul will be far from them.
22:6. Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.
22:7. The rich rules over the poor, And the borrower [is] servant to the lender.
22:8. He who sows iniquity will reap sorrow, And the rod of his anger will fail.
22:9. He who has a generous eye will be blessed, For he gives of his bread to the poor.
22:10. Cast out the scoffer, and contention will leave; Yes, strife and reproach will cease.
22:11. He who loves purity of heart [And has] grace on his lips, The king [will be] his friend.
22:12. The eyes of the LORD preserve knowledge, But He overthrows the words of the faithless.
22:13. The lazy [man] says, "[There is] a lion outside! I shall be slain in the streets!"
22:14. The mouth of an immoral woman [is] a deep pit; He who is abhorred by the LORD will fall there.
22:15. Foolishness [is] bound up in the heart of a child; The rod of correction will drive it far from him.
22:16. He who oppresses the poor to increase his [riches,] [And] he who gives to the rich, [will] surely [come] to poverty.
22:17. Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, And apply your heart to my knowledge;

The book, Proverbs, is full of words of wisdom. The unifying theme of Proverbs is wisdom for right living. It is a wisdom that begins with humble submission to God and then flows to every area of life. Proverbs provide God's detailed instructions for His people to deal successfully with the practical affairs of everyday life: How to relate to God and man as well as how to earn one's living modestly. In the passage we read today, especially verses 1&4, we discover that people of God are advised to maintain their integrity and Christian virtues while pursuing their daily bread.

A good name has a greater value than riches. Christians are advised to go after good name rather than riches (v.1). One should trust in God, and not in riches, for they are not steady and reliable (Prov. 23:5). Christians should always have the fear of God while carrying out their businesses as civil servants, traders, artisans, students, etc. (v.4). The reason a good name is better is that in the end, we have to deal with God, and riches do not impress Him. God loves upright people who fear Him and walk before Him. Our fate rests in God's hands both in this world and the next. Those who remain faithful to God will receive riches, honour and life at His own appointed time. Therefore, if you have to choose between a good name and riches, choose a good name.

Help me O God, never to trust in uncertain riches of this world, but to put my mind on heavenly things. _*Amen*_

God says

_"I rule the earth and all the kings belong to Me."_ *Psalm 47:7-9*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:14am On Aug 06, 2023

Date: 2023-Aug-06
(Ninth Sunday after Trinity)

🎯TOPIC:HANDLING A FELLOW CHRISTIAN'S OFFENCE

✝️ TEXT: Matthew 18:1-16(NKJV)
18:1. At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
18:2. Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them,
18:3. and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
18:4. "Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
18:5. "Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
18:6. " But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
18:7. "Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!
18:8. "If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast [it] from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
18:9. "And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast [it] from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
18:10. " Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
18:11. "For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.
18:12. "What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?
18:13. "And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that [sheep] than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray.
18:14. "Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.
18:15. " Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
18:16. "But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that 'by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.'

✝️🗒️STUDY: Here, Jesus sets forth the method of restoring or disciplining a professing Christian who sins against fellow Christian. Reconciliation is the goal of Jesus' instruction and to neglect this instruction will bring spiritual compromise to the body of Christ. Approaching the offender in private would avoid bringing shame on that person. It also would minimise the opportunity for misunderstanding and gossip. If the offender listens, Christ instructs that he or she must be forgiven. If the offender refuses to listen to his fellow Christian whom he has offended, the defender should take one or two other Christians with him or her to approach the offender. These two other brethren become witnesses of the efforts to resolve the issue.
Today, some Christians instead of following the instructions of Jesus Christ in handling a fellow Christian's offence, go about spreading the offence to others and trying to damage the image of the offender. In this way, they go contrary to the instruction of Christ. If you feel that someone has wronged you, go and tell him or her, their offence. This will bring about reconciliation. Christian kindness and forgiveness do not mean that a person who is in error is to be allowed to do as he or she likes. Such a person must be guided and corrected.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Grant me grace O God to seek reconciliation with anyone who offends me, in Jesus' name. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / "Re-Electing Buhari Will Perpetuate Suffering" - Bishop Chukwuma / The Historicity Of The Books Of The Bible - Reference: Daniel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 405
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.