Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) (31500 Views)

JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately / Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by zanebaddo(m): 5:50pm On Jan 03, 2023
shomutuski:

Alot of work especially if you are into IT like I am, although factory jobs and the likes brings in money also. the main thing is comfort, i work from home and can adjust my schedules how i please to enable pursue my masters
Bro can you list those IT skills one can acquire for such jobs please?
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by casualobserver: 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2023
zanebaddo:
Someone like me who doesn't understand finance made a little analysis given the Nigerian context. However, I'm not ashamed to learn. I would appreciate if you could give an example of such investment with guaranteed 120% yearly interest in Nigeria since you had to school and understood finance.

I will be waiting.

To begin with NOTHING in life is guaranteed. There is no guarantee you will get a decent job even if you japa.

Like I said earlier, if you want to succeed in business and you are waiting for someone to tell you what to do you are not cut out for business. It means you don’t have an entrepreneurial spirit and lack the ability to think for yourself. A skill that is a basic requirement in business.

That said, look around you, the guy selling bottled water gets his bottled water from somewhere, the yams/ tomato in the market come from somewhere, the Dangote cement in the building material store comes from somewhere. These people have probably never seen the factory of the farms where these products were made and the farmers or manufacturers don’t even know about the people who are the final link in the chain in the process of getting these products from farm/factory to market, these products would have changed hands many times. Everybody along the chain making his own money.

If you take the case of yams/tomatoes for instance, there is someone in xyz local govt in the north as an example whose probably a local person and whose business is to buy from the local farmers and sell to a local bulk purchaser. This bulk purchaser has bulk customers in Lagos, port harcourt , Benin or Ibadan etc. who buy from him in bulk. These bulk customers in turn have distributors whose job is to sell these products to the retailers. Everybody along the chain is making money. You plug yourself along the chain according to your capital base and ability for risk etc etc.

The guy who buys 10m Naira worth of yams from from the bulk seller in the north already knows who will buy the products the minute they land in Lagos. He has made his profit no matter how small and proceeds to turn over his capital for the next trip.

There are thousands of products like that maybe all you make is 2% per trip as a bulk purchaser/ seller but if you can do 4 turnarounds in a month, that is 10% a month. There are thousands of fast moving products. After a while once you are established and you are known in the industry, you don’t even need to travel. You conduct business via phone, I need 4 trucks of XYZ, your boys go and collect by the time they have arrived you already have a buyer and your cash.

But if you are waiting for me or anyone to tell you exactly what product or business to get into, then you are not serious!!!

FMCG is one of the few areas you will see foreign investment in Nigeria….why? because 200m Nigerians must eat and consume the basics of life no matter how poor. The margins may small but there are margins and most importantly they are fast moving and that’s the whole point……quick turnover!!!!. You have N5000, you plug yourself at the street trader level, You have 10m? You plug yourself at the N10m level, whatever that may be! But everyone on the chain from manufacturer to street vendor is making money!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by P1PrinceKT(m): 6:50pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kingjbase:

And you wish to be lawless?
[b][/b]
If becoming rich means Lawlessness then I wish to be.
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by brandsoncharlie: 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
marvellous2222:
At least a moderate life in Ghana
that money is about 200 hundred thousand cedis, money he will use to buy house and car,start confirm business.
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by AllDModsAreMaad: 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
casualobserver:

Like I said people like you never make it in business. If all you make is 3% and it moves fast you are still compounding. If every month all you make is 3% you are still making 42% per year!!

Many of the richest people in Nigeria never went to university but they understand business. With all your education you don’t!!!! You were clearly educated to be a slave to the system.

That’s the problem with western education in Nigeria it educates you not to think and to be dependent on the system. The system collapses and you collapse!!!

You are just foaming in the mouth.

See this idi#t telling me people like me never make it in business as if you can do half of what I half done with respect to business.

To be honest, if not for Nairaland, I wont sit and discuss with an idi#t like you.

My point is, how does the 3% monthly and 42% yearly profit you stated correlate with the over 300% profit in a year the first person claimed someone will get with 10 million naira?
How does it justify making 30 million naira profit from a capital of 10 million naira under a year?
Is 30 million naira 42% of 10 million naira?

Do you even know the point/genesis of the argument between me and the first person I quoted?

I don't blame you but myself, idi#t.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by keneryhark(m): 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2023
FelaSkye:
Is 10 million enough to leave Nigeria, people are saying it’s better to invest the money but the market is too risky. Is 10 million enough for Japa and which country can that get me into?

Thank you!
Head to Australia through student route. Thank me later
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by brandsoncharlie: 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2023
casualobserver:

If you have 10m Naira you have no business leaving Nigeria. If you cannot find a business to turnaround and compound that capital, then your problem is not Nigeria but you.

If you can find a business that can generate 10% a month, in 12 months you will have 30m, in 2 years, N100m and in 3 years, N300m. You will never achieve that kind of success abroad.
All lies, inflation and taxes will not allow him to achieve that and Nigeria economy is very unstable.
You're not even sure, if he can find - lol. grin
People are even liking his comment.

1 Like

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by FelaSkye: 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2023
ak22:

are you a university graduate ?

I’m in my final year, I currently don’t have the full money
It’s problem 6 or 7 based on exchange rates, but the money should be complete by mid next year and I’ll be a graduate by then. I’ve been saving for almost 5 years, I still live with my parents so I hardly spend.

1 Like

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
FelaSkye:
Is 10 million enough to leave Nigeria, people are saying it’s better to invest the money but the market is too risky. Is 10 million enough for Japa and which country can that get me into?

Thank you!

Bro just calm down o
I would say you just save this money and keep doing that freelancing. A better idea will come sooner or later. I repeat, don't invest or Japa since you are confused.
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by FelaSkye: 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
yungchop:

Can I get some sort of mentorship from you regard your niche?

I really don’t know how to mentor because I don’t know what to teach.
I only did the basics, created samples, worked with local clients and then started to pitch international clients. That’s all I did, I believe I was very lucky

1 Like

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2023
FelaSkye:

Thank you!
yes it is…. More than enough.
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2023
FelaSkye:

I really don’t know how to mentor because I don’t know what to teach.
I only did the basics, created samples, worked with local clients and then started to pitch international clients. That’s all I did, I believe I was very lucky

What about the resources you used bro?
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by FelaSkye: 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2023
tamunodxx:

What about the resources you used bro?

Not much, I did do lots of research on Real State, although it’s related to my course in school.
Then I use Grammarly, Google Docs, Surfer and other writing tools

1 Like

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2023
FelaSkye:

Not much, I did do lots of research on Real State, although it’s related to my course in school.
Then I use Grammarly, Google Docs, Surfer and other writing tools

Alright bro thanks for your response.
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by Adescon8: 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
Abeg,2million sef,you don reach Canada
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by Georgejeez: 8:32pm On Jan 03, 2023
FelaSkye:

I didn’t mention hustle anywhere in my post

I was simply thinking out loud about the best possible directions to follow in my life
I can leave comfortably in Nigeria but I’ve always been fascinated with leaving abroad. Plus I can make what I make here abroad with more ease because they’ll respect you more if you’re there.

I simply wanted to know if 10 million is enough to leave. Everyone is acting as if I’m bragging or being silly. If you have nothing to say, it’s fine.
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by FelaSkye: 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2023
Georgejeez:

I sent you a mail , but you can actually text me on WhatsApp, 08085741081, I have a freelance job for you

What kind of job?
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by casualobserver: 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

See this idi#t telling me people like me never make it in business as if you can do half of what I half done with respect to business.

Aside my formal education and my own business.
I started managing my dad's business from young age, and yes I managed it well. I was the reason(marketing aspect) someone close to me is a major distributor for a top cement brand in my city.

To be honest, if not for Nairaland, I wont sit and discuss with an idi#t like you.

Which business have you ever managed in your life, have you ever started a new business and make it a known(established) business that is known all over the city that even gives distributors in the town concern to the point of sending their workers to come and do underground findings on your business?

I started my business about 3 years ago, my first stock was around #600,000 plus. As of today, my business is worth millions of naira.

I know what I did to get it where it is today, I won't mention it here because it is not part of the discussion.

My point is, how does the 3% monthly and 42% yearly profit you stated correlate with the over 300% profit in a year the first person claimed someone will get with 10 million naira?
How does it justify making 30 million naira profit from a capital of 10 million naira under a year?

Do you even know the point/genesis of the argument between me and the first person I quoted?

you are clearly an idiot. I said if your profit margin is 10% a month, you end up with 300m after 3 years but even if all you are making is as low as 3% a month you will end up with 42% p.a. I am the person you quoted, nowhere did i say 300% in a year, I said 300m after 3 years at 10% per month. you clearly cannot read and lacl the ability to understand.

you are also clearly a fantasist because if you truly were that successful in business i wouldn't need to explain these things to you.

again you dont have what it takes because success begins in the head...your head is mediocre!!! Sometimes you only need to engage someone for a few minutes to know they are clueless.

3 Likes

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by casualobserver: 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
brandsoncharlie:

All lies, inflation and taxes will not allow him to achieve that and Nigeria economy is very unstable.
You're not even sure, if he can find - lol. grin
People are even liking his comment.

some people will always be mediocre and will always struggle. there will always be poor peopl, mediocre people, successful peopl and people always complaing. What seperates them is their mindset. Where you end up in life is determined by your mindset. some people will always be poor even if they are handing out free money and some will always be rich and make more money no matter how difficult the economy is.

4 Likes

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by Af0nja: 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2023
Highways:
You can leave on a fully funded scholarship and still get paid stipend

Use your brain

Explain sir
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by Tinubumyman: 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2023
KingLennon:
It's enough bro. Am just waiting to see the next president. Anything other than PO, na to find even the least Sierra Leone, Comoros, Seychelles even Mauritania Japa go!

I can't stomach nonsense for another 8 years (◔‿◔). God abeg!
or japa to republic of biafra

1 Like

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by Karlovych: 9:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
casualobserver:

some people will always be mediocre and will always struggle. there will always be poor peopl, mediocre people, successful peopl and people always complaing. What seperates them is their mindset. Where you end up in life is determined by your mindset. some people will always be poor even if they are handing out free money and some will always be rich and make more money no matter how difficult the economy is.
Continue foaming in the mouth

1 Like

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by brandsoncharlie: 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2023
casualobserver:

Let's be real here.
Using if doesn't correlate to being feasible and logical. Anyone of good educational background don't make that kind of statement, you state it as it is not if this, if that.
Mention one business that has yield results with proofs, with that your if proposal of the so called percentage?

1 Like

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by brandsoncharlie: 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2023
zanebaddo:
Bros nawa for una ooo grin 10 million naira to make 10% every month that's 12million a year, about 120% interest eh? What kind of investment in Nigeria guarantees one 120% interest a year eh?
8 have told him to prove it so people can learn.

1 Like

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by brandsoncharlie: 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

You guys and dishing out unrealistic figures ehn...

Mention just one business that will give 10% profit in a month.

Had it been you said 50% to 100% of the capital as profit in a year, I will understand but 300% of 10 million naira as profit in a year.
Na kidnapping abi drug you dey do?
Someone using statement like if he can find.... Shouldn't be taken seriously. grin.

1 Like

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by eleniyan2020: 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2023
KingLennon:

Myopic thinking! He's a man with vision
vision of impossible mission....how many senators are from labour party that will make him govern well....make we no lie ourselves, this country is gone!
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by Snapdrag0n: 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2023
smart8956:
All those saying 10million is too much, what's 10 million NAIRA?
Anyways, Op since you need advise, I'll say start up a fintech company business. You, family and love ones will never regret. CBN is taking e-naira digital and banks are closing other channels, soon many banks will go fintech.
With that money u've got, you can build a fintech app, invest in it without looking for external partners. You think Kuda started with 10million? Or flutterwave? Or paystack, remitta and others? Wise up guy.

Except you have agricultural business ideas,that's option two and you won't regret. Fintech takes you to other countries outside Nigeria, even now that exchange rate is up and down, you can use your app to serve many stress for people in UK, Canada, USA, Nigeria, South Africa (ideas hidden).
I have 2apps in App store and Google play store with over 20k downloads in just 3months. Cashing out on daily basis is like oil money and I've employed 6people and paying them well. I expect to expand up to 12 by the end of this year.

Risk is lower since you're the boss and you can manage how much you're injecting into it and just monitoring the analytics on your phone and pc daily. It's what helps me to travel out and I have my friend in UK who's also doing well with same business.
You can contact me for more. I also create iOS & android apps, websites, blogs, forums, online chats, church websites, university websites etc.

Email: info.lightcloud@gmail.com
Sorry sir, can you respond to my email? It looks you're well experienced on this, I've sent you an email kindly respond soon. Let me know the actual cost. Thank you.
Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by yourshopkwikguy(m): 11:33pm On Jan 03, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Aside my formal education and my own business.
I started managing my dad's business from young age, and yes I managed it well. I was the reason(marketing aspect) someone close to me is a major distributor for a top cement brand in my city.

Which business have you ever managed in your life, have you ever started a new business and make it a known(established) business that is known all over the city that even gives distributors in the town concern to the point of sending their workers to come and do underground findings on your business?

I started my business about 3 years ago, my first stock was around #600,000 plus. As of today, my business is worth millions of naira.

I know what I did to get it where it is today, I won't mention it here because it is not part of the discussion.

Brooo it's even possible to make 30 million with 10 million in 6 months. It's depends on how much pain the product solves, the people, the market, the profit margin, the sales frequency and the RIGHT MINDSET most importantly.
At the moment if I want to make 1 million with just 100k, it's realisable sincerely. I get up to X5 ROAS for brands I worked for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by AllDModsAreMaad: 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2023
casualobserver:

you are clearly an idiot. I said if your profit margin is 10% a month, you end up with 300m after 3 years but even if all you are making is as low as 3% a month you will end up with 42% p.a. I am the person you quoted, nowhere did i say 300% in a year, I said 300m after 3 years at 10% per month. you clearly cannot read and lacl the ability to understand.

you are also clearly a fantasist because if you truly were that successful in business i wouldn't need to explain these things to you.

again you dont have what it takes because success begins in the head...your head is mediocre!!! Sometimes you only need to engage someone for a few minutes to know they are clueless.

After this, I wont reply your mention.

Are you so st#pid that you don't know that when you buy a stock of 10 million naira as your first order, you won't sell up everything before your next order arrive. The exception to this is minimal, maybe those selling cement in containers etc.

Let us say you order the next one with 2m to 5m because some stocks in the warehouse will probably hold part of the business capital of 10m OR so you expect to have the same amount?

Go through the attached image and see for yourself where you said someone can make 30 million naira with 10 million naira in a year, which is 300%.

Where did you see 300 million in my comment?
Or is 300% of 10 million now the same thing as 300 million.

I am very sure you have never in your life managed a business, but here you are dishing out figures as if that is the case in reality.

It is obvious you are a learner in real time business.

I have realized you are a li#r, an illiter#te and a d#mb human.

I'm done replying you, gerraot joor!

1 Like

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by AllDModsAreMaad: 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2023
yourshopkwikguy:
Brooo it's even possible to make 30 million with 10 million in 6 months. It's depends on how much pain the product solves, the people, the market, the profit margin, the sales frequency and the RIGHT MINDSET most importantly.
At the moment if I want to make 1 million with just 100k, it's realisable sincerely. I get up to X5 ROAS for brands I worked for.

Oya na, I have asked you guys to mention just one product or business line where it works but none of you guys did that.

2 Likes

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by casualobserver: 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

After this, I wont reply your mention.

Are you so st#pid that you don't know that when you buy a stock of 10 million naira as your first order, you won't sell up everything before your next order arrive. The exception to this is minimal, maybe those selling cement in containers etc.

Let us say you order the next one with 2m to 5m because some stocks in the warehouse will probably hold part of the business capital of 10m OR so you expect to have the same amount?

Go through the attached image and see for yourself where you said someone can make 30 million naira with 10 million naira in a year, which is 300%.

Where did you see 300 million in my comment?
Or is 300% of 10 million now the same thing as 300 million.

I am very sure you have never in your life managed a business, but here you are dishing out figures as if that is the case in reality.

It is obvious you are a learner in real time business.

I have realized you are a li#r, an illiter#te and a d#mb human.

I'm done replying you, gerraot joor!

my advice to you is to take that nescafe sales job...maybe in 5 years you will have enough money along with loans from friends and family to buy an Uber and you can look forward to a life of steady N100k a month as a self employed Uber driver. It is clear you lack the intellectual capacity to get a decent job abroad except maybe security guard and you lack the business acumen to succeed in Nigeria,

2 Likes

Re: Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) by sirlop(m): 11:55pm On Jan 03, 2023
casualobserver:

If you have 10m Naira you have no business leaving Nigeria. If you cannot find a business to turnaround and compound that capital, then your problem is not Nigeria but you.

If you can find a business that can generate 10% a month, in 12 months you will have 30m, in 2 years, N100m and in 3 years, N300m. You will never achieve that kind of success abroad.
Wisdom!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Culture Shock For A Nigerian In Diaspora / 3 Die In Accident On Port Harcourt-Ebonyi Road (Graphic Photos) / My Zuma Rock Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.