Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election (20518 Views)

Labour Party Will Takeover Rivers In 2023, Hilda Dokubo Boasts / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Our Party Will Not Win If The Leaders Do Nothing - Sheni / 2023: Labour Party Will Labour In Vain - Soludo Mocks Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by faceland: 11:04am On Jan 04, 2023
There are no USA style electoral college in Nigeria. So it would come down to population. Sadly, Obi has no chance. It would take magic or a great miracle for the majority of Nigerians to revolt and say they are voting Labour Party.

Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by Vickym1(f): 11:04am On Jan 04, 2023
lhordspy:

Lol. Peter obi can contest for Anambra senatorial post.

We are okay with the type of governance Tinubu will give us.

Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by pacespot(m): 11:04am On Jan 04, 2023
socialmediaman:
I think Peter could win on the first ballot, what happens this month will determine, I’m waiting to see if most people have made up their minds when the ANAP poll comes out.

But even If Peter Obi wins the most popular votes without winning on the first ballot, he’ll likely win the run off election because he would’ve demonstrated that he can win the election, and more people will believe and support him.

Everyone wants to be associated with success, which means if most people believe in him, then more people will like to identify with his success. Even your opposition social media influencers will realign to your amazement

Exactly my thought. Every person I have spoken to believes Peter Obi is the best among the contestants but the problem is that they are having a reservation about whether the man can pull this off by winning against the system. That is why the APC and PDP goons are working tirelessly on the psychology part to make people believe that Peter Obi can never win. That is the only dice they have to throw against Obi and Obidients in this presidential race, by psyching out potential Obi voters to make them believe their man cannot win.

But anybody with inner voice will know the political terrain in Nigeria today has changed drastically from the PDP era.
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by OmoIjebuOde: 11:04am On Jan 04, 2023
lhordspy:
Gain more ground how? The ground they had destroyed, the bridges burnt and every potential future alliances insulted, threatened, bullied and cursed.

The few people labour party have as thier followers and apologists presently, will remain the same forever and ever.

In 2011, i voted Ribadu.
In 2015, i voted Buhari
In 2019, i voted Atiku
2023, i am voting Tinubu.

You see politics is like that. Ideology and perception about things change. But one thing is sure; i can vote any candidate of labour party in few years to come. BUT i can never and will never vote Peter Obi even in hundred years to come.

That bridge was burnt down already. And i know supporters and politicians in PDP, NNPP, APGA, SDP and others who had experienced the curses, insult, abuses and disgusting act of these set of people called obidient will agree with me. Peter Obi political career is ruined forever.

Without your miserable 1vote Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria.

In 2011 I vote Goodluck.
In 2015 I voted Goodluck.
In 2019 I voted Atiku.
In 2023 I will vote for Peter Obi.

I rather burn my PVC than to vote Tinubu.

Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by ghiloman28(m): 11:06am On Jan 04, 2023
Only mumu will believe obi will win presidential election because of media. We will see reality after 5hrs on Election Day.
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by Mrfixitt(m): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2023
Ortintin:
Just as you can't expect a baby born today to start walking, never expect a party that came into limelight yesterday to win today.

From the natural point of view everything takes time. You shouldn't expect someone that joined an unknown Party barely 7 months ago to win those that took years to build their structures. Infact if Labour party should win, it won't only be an upset but it should be recorded as 9th wonder of the world.

Even APC couldn't defeat PDP in their first few trials, they had to combine various parties in a "Voltronic" form in order to defeat the then reigning party.

From the statistical point of view, Labour Party has strong hold in only few states compared to PDP and APC. Even in their few strong hold states, APC and PDP will still win them not to talk of Northern part which is a key determinant of Nigeria's presidential election.

In short I don't see Peter Obi winning or getting up to half the votes of APC or PDP. He should keep up the good work and come back in 4 years time; hopefully Labour Party would have gained more grounds by then.

After all being said, No one can deny the fact that Peter Obi has made a big statement by giving life to a third strong party in Nigeria and I hope Labour Party will proof themselves in years to come.
You're delusional. What happened in Lesotho and Kenya did not teach you any thing. The force of nature is behind Peter Obi emergence so nothing will stop him. He's your next president.

Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by ozonelayer79: 11:08am On Jan 04, 2023
This one is for the urchins.
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by lhordspy: 11:08am On Jan 04, 2023
OmoIjebuOde:

Without your miserable 1vote Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria.

In 2011 I vote Goodluck.
In 2015 I voted Goodluck.
In 2019 I voted Atiku.
In 2023 I will vote for Peter Obi.

I rather burn my PVC than to vote Tinubu.

Yes i have one vote. Maybe you should leave your little region and ask more about voters influence here in the north.

I control my family votes, my neighbours, my street, my place of worship... Right now i am trying to convince my Local government resident association.

You see my friend. That is not one vote but alot. Yes you can call it miserable. Keep the insult coming.

In few days we shall all see.
Shalom.
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by VTJN(m): 11:10am On Jan 04, 2023
benqo01:
PO IS WINNING THIS ELECTION WE NEED A FUCKING CHANGE KEEP THAT THOUGHT TO YOURSELF
can you put your money on It?

I believe you are convince Obi will win right? Can you bet your money on it?

Yes or no
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by DirectTokunbo: 11:11am On Jan 04, 2023
What a lot of people don't understand is it's not Peter Obi or Labour Party's popularity that has made him a strong contender, rather it's the unpopularity of the others, Nigerians have had it with that kind of leadership, if APC had instead brought out Osibanjo as their flag bearer, Peter Obi wouldn't gotten this far

Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by lhordspy: 11:12am On Jan 04, 2023
Vickym1:

Yes let my choice affect me. Altleast i know i made a choice to stand by right instead of wrong.

The attitude of Obidients are wrong. I hate and detest it. Same goes for millions of others sharing same mindset as mine.

If we choose wrongly, we will try again in 2027. But we will never pretend to be okay in aligning with bunch of disrespectful abusive people just because we want to make Nigeria better.

Mba. Where i come from right should be right.
Wrong should be wrong. Simple.
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by VTJN(m): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2023
lhordspy:

Yes i have one vote. Maybe you should leave your little region and ask more about voters influence here in the north.

I control my family votes, my neighbours, my street, my place of worship... Right now i am trying to convince my Local government resident association.

You see my friend. That is not one vote but alot. Yes you can call it miserable. Keep the insult coming.

Shalom.
The greatest disaster to mankind is self deceit grin
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by lhordspy: 11:13am On Jan 04, 2023
VTJN:
The greatest disaster to mankind is self deceit grin

Shalom.
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by Reckyd123(m): 11:15am On Jan 04, 2023
Dem no even know you for your street but u go come here dey show body. U no get level bros, so getat

quote author=lhordspy post=119677535]Gain more ground how? The ground they had destroyed, the bridges burnt and every potential future alliances insulted, threatened, bullied and cursed.

The few people labour party have as thier followers and apologists presently, will remain the same forever and ever.

In 2011, i voted Ribadu.
In 2015, i voted Buhari
In 2019, i voted Atiku

You see politics is like that. Ideology and perception about things change. But one thing is sure; i can vote any candidate of labour party in few years to come. BUT i can never and will never vote Peter Obi even in hundred years to come.

That bridge was burnt down already. And i know supporters and politicians in PDP, NNPP, APGA, SDP and others who had experienced the curses, insult, abuses and disgusting act of these set of people called obidient will agree with me. Peter Obi political career is ruined forever.[/quote]
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by jaxxy(m): 11:15am On Jan 04, 2023
Ortintin:
Just as you can't expect a baby born today to start walking, never expect a party that came into limelight yesterday to win today.

From the natural point of view everything takes time. You shouldn't expect someone that joined an unknown Party barely 7 months ago to win those that took years to build their structures. Infact if Labour party should win, it won't only be an upset but it should be recorded as 9th wonder of the world.

Even APC couldn't defeat PDP in their first few trials, they had to combine various parties in a "Voltronic" form in order to defeat the then reigning party.

From the statistical point of view, Labour Party has strong hold in only few states compared to PDP and APC. Even in their few strong hold states, APC and PDP will still win them not to talk of Northern part which is a key determinant of Nigeria's presidential election.

In short I don't see Peter Obi winning or getting up to half the votes of APC or PDP. He should keep up the good work and come back in 4 years time; hopefully Labour Party would have gained more grounds by then.

After all being said, No one can deny the fact that Peter Obi has made a big statement by giving life to a third strong party in Nigeria and I hope Labour Party will proof themselves in years to come.

Grand Delusion at best. The voice of the people we determine the winner not some criminals depending on empty structures.

This isn't 1999 or 2003. Democracy is growing and has developed.

The enemies of democracy who want to drag this country backwards will all fail.

lhordspy:
Gain more ground how? The ground they had destroyed, the bridges burnt and every potential future alliances insulted, threatened, bullied and cursed.

In 2011, i voted Ribadu.
In 2015, i voted Buhari
In 2019, i voted Atiku

That bridge was burnt down already. And i know supporters and politicians in PDP, NNPP, APGA, SDP and others who had experienced the curses, insult, abuses and disgusting act of these set of people called obidient will agree with me. Peter Obi political career is ruined forever.

The enemies of democracy will fail. This is a guarantee.

Those who want to cage the country like they caged lagos in political slavery will fail. even lagos will be set free.

Otoge will also happen in lagos. Amen.
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by emezuo17: 11:17am On Jan 04, 2023
lhordspy:

In 2011, i voted Ribadu.
In 2015, i voted Buhari
In 2019, i voted Atiku

. Now I know, it has nothing to do with politics, it is just your hatred for anything igbo, even if Peter Obi is given the ticket of your APC, you will still find a way not to vote for him, so go your way man, you are just a bitter tribalist, worse than the so called toxic Obi supporters you are criticizing.
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by OmoIjebuOde: 11:17am On Jan 04, 2023
lhordspy:

Shalom.

If you like convince the whole Northerners it doesn't stop the North from being the poverty headquarter of Nigeria.

Out of 30 poorest states in Nigeria, 18 are Northern States.

So how does your bad choice of voting affect me that is living far above millions of Northerners that are wallowing in perpetual poverty?

If you like vote for the devil its none of my business.
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by Jones4190(m): 11:18am On Jan 04, 2023
Vickym1:
U underestimate the power of the angry youths, 2023 will teach people a lesson not to mess with youths
angry youths or ipob and know gun men?
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by Auxtan(m): 11:24am On Jan 04, 2023
lhordspy:

In 2011, i voted Ribadu.
In 2015, i voted Buhari
In 2019, i voted Atiku

When a goat is given privilege to type or talk, they vomit rubbish.
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by lhordspy: 11:24am On Jan 04, 2023
emezuo17:
. Now I know, it has nothing to do with politics, it is just your hatred for anything igbo, even if Peter Obi is given the ticket of your APC, you will still find a way not to vote for him, so go your way man, you are just a bitter tribalist, worse than the so called toxic Obi supporters you are criticizing.

Lol. How can Peter obi be given APC or PDP ticket. That instances shouldnt even be considered. The same politicians of supporters of the two parties obidients had insulted, abused and cursed.

Peter obi is own his own from now on. Like i said, the only people that are is supporter now will remain like that forever. I once voted atiku even tho i wont be voting him this time, i can change my mind after 2023 and decide to try him again in 2027. That is politics.

But one thing is sure, i can never vote peter obi even tho he decamped to another party. He more you people insult people and make more enemies. The more the hate you are bringing Obi.

You kids never learn. If we try to stop you. You will start reffering to what happpened to Goodluck jonathan 2015. Always making excuses to continue behaving like a nuisance.

Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by casualobserver: 11:24am On Jan 04, 2023
Blaze14k:

Bro have u ever listened to the way northern elites do there campaign? They always use violent words and deceit to suppress the will of there people. Look if u want this country to better we need someone who is capable of uniting this country. Even if its not peter obi buh it will definitely not be tinubu or atiku. Seriously uve got to tell urself the truth cos this is the major problem nigeria is facing. You guys neglect the very fundamental issues and think of jagaban who built lagos. When u go to lagos and ask people of tinubu most of them dont like him. We've come too far to still lie to ourselves bro. Ask urself 2015 and 2023 which would u prefer if u have a choice? Think about the country before u think about urself cos the petrol price as of today will never change to 140 per litre again. Policy the federal government put across will affect u as well. You dont have any immunity over that because tinubu is a yoruba.

Ibos are not in a position to criticize any tribe over violence or hate speech. You introduced in into our psyche in 1966 and you still have not learnt. Our problems in this country started in 1966 and are a result of the actions taken as a result of what happened in 1966. Everything that is wrong with this country can be traced to Jan 1966!!!

My post was not not attack on Ibos but Ibos are not in a position to criticize any tribe in this country. However if you want to go down that route, until Peter Obi came along 6 months ago all we have endured for the last 7 years are insults and violence from Ibos. Ibos are not in a position to lecture anyone about national unity. You are the no 1 cause of national disunity throughout the history of this country since 1960!!!

You will be back with your hate speeches and violence come Feb when Obi loses. A leopard cannot change its spots!!!

In Feb, Hausa, yoruba and Ibo are on the ballot. If Atiku loses nothing will happen, if Tinubu loses nothing will happen but watch what will happen when Obi loses.

Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by Donbabaj: 11:25am On Jan 04, 2023
One thing the writer doesn't understand is that it is not a matter of gaining ground. Nigerians don't have that enough patience. We give a party good 8 years to perform and if the party doesn't, we switch to another party. The reason we switched from PDP to APC because we were tired of PDP and now we are tired of APC, we switch over to Labour party. At least lets give our Eastern brothers the chance this time around.

Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by Auxtan(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2023
Putinofrussia:
Obi is coming a distant 3rd after Atiku's distant second.
Obi is a bad omen...Anambarians.
They know him more..
Olodo
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by ogatboy(m): 11:26am On Jan 04, 2023
We don hear. February no far. Na PVC go determine who go win. If una no believe scientific polls, una no believe scenes on ground, and since you guys are in alternate universe, February 2023 na few day.

Now focus on your candidate that will win
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by Amaggedon: 11:27am On Jan 04, 2023
lhordspy:

In 2011, i voted Ribadu.
In 2015, i voted Buhari
In 2019, i voted Atiku

Get the Fvck out you dirty fool , who doesn't insult the other in this country? You talk about just insult and about those going from one village to another killing the indigenous people in their homes. So you expect to insult other people for them to keep quiet for you? Who born your papa?
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by Devil1Messenger: 11:28am On Jan 04, 2023
lhordspy:

I am a fool?
Lol. I just complained about something just now, you are stil doing samething. Proving that i am really right.

Everyone i know will not be voting Obi not because he isnt a good man. But because of people like you.

Maybe i should open my mentions for you and see how many of 'God punish your generation' i receive everyday, just because i air my opinion; which i am entitle to. And you expect me to change my mind from voting Tinubu to Obi through insult?
I will insult u becos u are not doing anybody a favour regardless of who u vote for.
If u are not foolish, why will someone say he will never vote Obi becos of his supporters
Are the supporters going to rule you or Obi?

Stop all this tactics. APC insulted everybody in 2015 and they won. OBIdients have not even done half of what APC did in 2015. APC insulted and even carried a seating president in a coffin, called his wife unprintable names, called GEJ useless with coconut head but you still voted them regardless, but here you are lamenting over Obi supporters

You are just a bitter liar of Agbado republic.
U have always been pro-Tinubu, so stop whining urself and vote ur Tinubu in peace

Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by BigBashiru: 11:29am On Jan 04, 2023
Popeonah:

Are you voting with sentiment? Vote who will make Nigeria better not who is likely to win because he can pay his way through. Let's think clear

Nigerians deserve every bad leadership they get...
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by BigBashiru: 11:31am On Jan 04, 2023
Donbabaj:
One thing the writer doesn't understand is that it is not a matter of gaining ground. Nigerians don't have that enough patience. We give a party good 8 years to perform and if the party doesn't, we switch to another party. The reason we switched from PDP to APC because we were tired of PDP and now we are tired of APC, we switch over to Labour party. At least lets give our Eastern brothers the chance this time around.

Nigerians will vote massively for Tinubu because they hv low iq. They ALWAYS leave good candidates and vote for the opposite of a good candidate....
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by diogo23: 11:31am On Jan 04, 2023
lhordspy:

In 2011, i voted Ribadu.
In 2015, i voted Buhari
In 2019, i voted Atiku

Cry cry baby
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by diogo23: 11:33am On Jan 04, 2023
sapele914:
Only an Ndi ipob will make such a nonsensical statement, yes or no, abi true of false?
Tunibu urchins
Re: Why Peter Obi Of Labour Party Will Not Win The Presidential Election by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 04, 2023
lhordspy:

In 2011, i voted Ribadu.
In 2015, i voted Buhari
In 2019, i voted Atiku

Ezeife Criticizes INEC, Says Tinubu’s Victory Won’t Stand / Femi Odubiyi, INEC ICT Director With Ties To APC Should Be Sacked – George / Disclose Adeleke’s Whereabouts, Health Status, APC Asks Osun Government

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89