Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy (36476 Views)

‘Dear Easterners, I’m Not Sorry’, Brymo Stands By Igbo Presidency Comment / Presidency May Take Over NDDC From Niger Delta Ministry / 2023 Presidency May Set Tinubu, Osinbajo Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by beardedboy(m): 8:01am On Jan 06, 2023
Igbojew:
Oga if you don't know the meaning of Nzogbu Nzogbu I advice you to go and ask proper ahd stop disgracing yourself here because of the word you learnt from that treacherous and jealous man called Charles Soludo.It is you and that Charles Soludo that is doing Nzogbu Nzogbu to Peter Obi because you people are trying do hard to Match down(Nzogbu Nzogbu) presidency by writing long epistle nobody ask Charles Soludo against Peter Obi and you are here exposing your stupidity.................I am that Igbo Jew the table shaker
You ended up saying nothing.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Captain8(m): 8:20am On Jan 06, 2023
Naajjii:

Mr man it's different situation. Have ever seen where anyone is saying it is the turn of Hausa presidency or Fulani presidency or Ijaw presidency or Tiv presidency or Igala presidency or Efik presidency etc? All you hear is ,it is the turn the north or it is the turn of Niger delta etc but Igbo make it about Igbo Presidency.
this is truth
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Olaolex: 8:43am On Jan 06, 2023
Babysho:

Amen! I'll never stop believing....
We just need to wake up. These politicians are enslaving us either directly or indirectly. Let's talk reality, let's forget conolization. We were conolized, we were enslaved by white. They made us underdeveloped. Yes! They did all these and more to us. But to be honest, we have what it takes to be among the top countries in terms of infracstructural development, in terms of basic amenities, in secury, to mention but a few... But the our so called leader are milking the country dry. Their only weapon to achieve this is to cause division among Nigerians. Hence the hatred, tribalism and religion differences they preach.
What pisses me off the most is seeing some folks here inciting hatred. It's a pity! Smh... We just need to get things right this election. Though Rome was not built in a day but we can start somewhere. The only thing to attack our oppressors with is UNITY AMONG US.

3 Likes

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Igbojew: 9:17am On Jan 06, 2023
maasoap:

I didn't know about that. But what I know is that even with the establishment of IPOB and ESN, the killings and raping of your mothers and wives haven't stopped a bit neither the destructions of farmlands
Yeah is because people like you that hateful soul and FG could not give ESN breathing space to do the job they are created for by haunting them down so that they cannot operate freely by killing your bloody terrorist Fulani Herdsmen but despite that ESN still do successful job.............I am that Igbo Jew the table shaker
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Igbojew: 9:22am On Jan 06, 2023
beardedboy:

You ended up saying nothing.
Yeah exactly what you have been doing.You are using exactly what you people are doing to criticise Peter Obi which is Nzogbu Nzogbu politics but you and Charles Soludo have failed cos Anambra people have started isolating him because of his Nzogbu Nzogbu politics against Peter Obi..................I am that Igbo Jew the table shaker

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 06, 2023
azpekuliar:
There is absolutely no nexus between rejecting a national honor and accepting a traditional title. I can name 3/4 individuals who have rejected national honors in this country on point of principle.
wtf ?
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 06, 2023
What is Obi presidency got to do with Adichies national honor rejection??

I don't understand

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 9:41am On Jan 06, 2023
Olaolex:
We just need to wake up. These politicians are enslaving either directly or indirectly. Let's talk reality, let's forget conolization. We were conolized, we were enslaved by white. They made us underdeveloped. Yes! They did all these and more to us. But to be honest, we have what it takes to be among the top countries in terms of infracstructure, in terms of basic amenities, in secury, to mention but a few... But the our so called leader are milking the country dry. Their only weapon to achieve this is to cause division among Nigerians. Hence the hatred, tribalism and religion differences the preach.
What pisses me off the most is seeing some folks here inciting hatred. It's a pity! Smh... We just need to get things right the election. Though Rome is not built in a day but we can start somewhere. The only thing to attack our oppressors is UNITY AMONG US.

I totally agree with you brother.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Igbojew: 9:43am On Jan 06, 2023
hammerT:

ALA IGBO IS SAFE TODAY AND THE MAIN GUYS IN THE FOREST IS OUR ESN.

ANY OTHER TERRORIST IS NIGERIA ARMY.

WE ARE DEALING WITH THEM TOO.

WE NO DEY TAKE NONSENSE FROM ANYBODY.
Don't mind them,they have been trying so hard to blackmail ESN since it's establishment so that can frustrate their job which is chasing Fulani Herdsmen out of Igbo land but their plan have been hitting the wall.They even use propagandas against IPOB/ESN that they go about killing same Igbos they meant to protect instead of Fulani Herdsmen they were created but all their antics keep failing them hahaha.............I am that Igbo Jew

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 10:06am On Jan 06, 2023
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Some people are to be avoided at all cost, they are more dangerous than a snake. Just imagine seating next to these kind of people in a drinking bar, they can poison someone's drink out of hatred. One needs to be very careful. In addition, I have the feeling that most hateful comments in nairaland might be from international influences, people trying cause civil war in Nigeria. Because I wonder how a fellow countryman will be exhibiting so much hate to he's/her brother online? What caused the civil war in Rwanda was from a radio programme. The hate in nairaland is not normal and is beyond just normal jabbing. It's becoming a well calculated attempt to cause serious crises in the country. And the owner of nairaland is ok with it because any Igbo topic will generate more revenue to him. Funny society we live in.

Someone should put a pin on this! The level of tribalism displayed on this thread is unbelievable.

One Sunrise258 on here was inciting hate clearly saying "Yorubas are cultured and educated and don't call people names". The next paragraph, he continued with "Igbos are cantankerous traders". An immediate contradiction of himself.

I went on to argue that in that case, he isn't part of us the cultured Yoruba people! I was so confused that Brymo would even utter such cause as an artist I reckon that he moves around Nigeria often, meets and relates with different ethnicities.

I guess it shows how deep rooted tribalism is in the soil of Nigeria and living in a metropolis doesn't guarantee it'll cleanse them. As a Yoruba, I apologize for this hate speech by Brymo!

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by onyeego(m): 10:24am On Jan 06, 2023
Deoo1125:
E no go better for una and una generations to come, trash coming from people we have endure so many insult and bulls**t from. U live and strive among us yet u carry hatred for mind against us. Because una see say we be peace loving people. To hell with ur consequence.

You are cursed soul under eternal punishment, your tears will last for eternity.
Peace loving kee you there
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by JAGS001(m): 10:35am On Jan 06, 2023
oyin44:
Obi is not familiar with the people of the north and south west...

Don't you see how they look at him as a person whom they could hardly relate with ..

Compare him to how Nigerians embrace tinubu and atiku even in south east ..
very true but obi supporters will not listen, come to Niger State and shout sai peter obi and see how people will be looking at you as if you're stewpid grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by oyin44: 10:39am On Jan 06, 2023
JAGS001:
very true but obi supporters will not listen, come to Niger State and shout sai peter obi and see how people will be looking at you as if you're stewpid grin

Thank you bro, l know obi cannot win that is the reason why l am supporting tinubu

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Ekpeitit(m): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2023
I'd rather vote for a goat than vote for an IPOB man.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by 9japride(m): 10:58am On Jan 06, 2023
Babysho:

Someone should put a pin on this! The level of tribalism displayed on this thread is unbelievable.

One Sunrise258 on here was inciting hate clearly saying "Yorubas are cultured and educated and don't call people names". The next paragraph, he continued with "Igbos are cantankerous traders". An immediate contradiction of himself.

I went on to argue that in that case, he isn't part of us the cultured Yoruba people! I was so confused that Brymo would even utter such cause as an artist I reckon that he moves around Nigeria often, meets and relates with different ethnicities.

I guess it shows how deep rooted tribalism is in the soil of Nigeria and living in a metropolis doesn't guarantee it'll cleanse them. As a Yoruba, I apologize for this hate speech by Brymo!
[color=#006600][/color]

Apologies accepted, it's quite unfortunate people just exhibit hatred. In the real world, a lot of Yoruba people are nice. Normally, there is always competition among the major tribes but this level of hatred in Nairaland is suspicious. When you meet some foreigners especially our close neighbors like Ghana, Cameroon etc they know too much about little friction in the country. I am very sure some mischievous ones amongst themselves especially the young ones/students tend to disguise as either Yoruba or Igbos to troll just to have fun in their free time. If one is ready to practice strict bigotry/tribalism then the person should stop entering commercial vehicles, going to hospitals, taking flights, going to restaurants, or getting financial help, or getting educational knowledge etc from another tribe. If you meet those politicians that we fight for in their various social gathering, you will be shock how they enjoy themselves. They are all united in looting and impoverishment of the masses. An artist should strive to unite everyone just like late Fela and Bob Marley. If not for the help of Nysc programme that made a lot of people to experience other cultures, men! Tribalism would have been so dangerous. The funny thing is that when one goes out in the real world, you hardly hear tribal hateful words from people. All the celebrities in this country were made popular by all tribes put together. The people bought their musical albums, paid for their shows etc.
Please don't mind my long epistle, I had to just elaborate on the matter. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by hopexter(m): 11:02am On Jan 06, 2023
Zeezenho:

Are you sure you are ok ..no same person will want to be identified with this current APC government.

No government is good to everyone, people complained during Obasanjo and during Jonathan just as you and your tribe are complaining during Buhari. No sane person wants to be identified with APC yet people voted them in twice, are you better than the people voting them in? It’s not your parents who have been voting in the wrong leaders all these years that are not ok. A mad man thinking he’s sane makes me laugh.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Mindcure: 11:05am On Jan 06, 2023
Scamburster:

Please can you find me a picture of this slowpoke?
ewu

You should be finding a picture of your real self.

Animal in human form
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by hopexter(m): 11:10am On Jan 06, 2023
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Why didn't you write this about Teni? As a Nigerian list the benefits to have gotten from government policies? Politicians are not god's and we shouldn't act too slavish to any political leader.

Like I said, Adiechie is more matured, intelligent and well known than Teni and should have collected the award even if it means sending someone for it instead of disgracing herself and the nation. Teni wasn’t happy with the president but yet she went for the award like a sane person will do. Everything in life has consequences. Buhari bleeped up as a president and we citizens will remember his negative impact for the rest of our lives and so is Adiechie bad behaviour too.

More than 300k Nigerians have unfollowed her already including myself which is called gradual repercussion.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by plaindealer: 11:12am On Jan 06, 2023
I got to give it to Brymo, I love his courage and bravery, he's a one-man army, and he's still slapping Igbos left and right.

The ESN Igbos try to bully the wrong person..

Clowns.. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Zeezenho: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2023
hopexter:

No government is good to everyone, people complained during Obasanjo and during Jonathan just as you and your tribe are complaining during Buhari. No sane person wants to be identified with APC yet people voted them in twice, are you better than the people voting them in? It’s not your parents who have been voting in the wrong leaders all these years that are not ok. A mad man thinking he’s sane makes me laugh.

All the same no same person want to identify with APC.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by 9japride(m): 12:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
hopexter:

Like I said, Adiechie is more matured, intelligent and well known than Teni and should have collected the award even if it means sending someone for it instead of disgracing herself and the nation. Teni wasn’t happy with the president but yet she went for the award like a sane person will do. Everything in life has consequences. Buhari bleeped up as a president and we citizens will remember his negative impact for the rest of our lives and so is Adiechie bad behaviour too.

More than 300k Nigerians have unfollowed her already including myself which is called gradual repercussion.
[color=#006600][/color]

Whether you unfollow her or not it does not affect her progress as a renowned writer. It's better to sit at home than go to disgrace herself by disrespecting a whole President of the giant of Africa in public. Maybe when they want to give award to those community members in Kaduna or Benue state being killed frequently by barbaric killer herdsmen, hope they collect it with joy and happiness? If you can't see anything wrong with what Teni did then no need to continue this discussion. Same way you all don't see anything wrong with funny characters contesting for president. Tribalism has a way of messing someone sense of reasoning. You don't like someone attitude and actions and yet you still have the guts to collect the award. Is it not hypocrisy?
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2023
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Apologies accepted, it's quite unfortunate people just exhibit hatred. In the real world, a lot of Yoruba people are nice. Normally, there is always competition among the major tribes but this level of hatred in Nairaland is suspicious. When you meet some foreigners especially our close neighbors like Ghana, Cameroon etc they know too much about little friction in the country. I am very sure some mischievous ones amongst themselves especially the young ones/students tend to disguise as either Yoruba or Igbos to troll just to have fun in their free time. If one is ready to practice strict bigotry/tribalism then the person should stop entering commercial vehicles, going to hospitals, taking flights, going to restaurants, or getting financial help, or getting educational knowledge etc from another tribe. If you meet those politicians that we fight for in their various social gathering, you will be shock how they enjoy themselves. They are all united in looting and impoverishment of the masses. An artist should strive to unite everyone just like late Fela and Bob Marley. If not for the help of Nysc programme that made a lot of people to experience other cultures, men! Tribalism would have been so dangerous. The funny thing is that when one goes out in the real world, you hardly hear tribal hateful words from people. All the celebrities in this country were made popular by all tribes put together. The people bought their musical albums, paid for their shows etc.
Please don't mind my long epistle, I had to just elaborate on the matter. Stay blessed.

It's very necessary to elaborate! I usually don't pay attention to tribalism because I know they're the 0.001% but when someone like Brymo who should be enlightened says something like this, it makes me anxious. People like him take us back to the stone age. I really hope other celebs reach out to him to detribalize him so Nigeria can move forward.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2023
Blessed4sure:
The election na for this year now.

Abi you still dey 2022?

grin

grin na oversight... By February it's either Atiku or tinubu who ll be president
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by hopexter(m): 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2023
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Whether you unfollow her or not it does not affect her progress as a renowned writer. It's better to sit at home than go to disgrace herself by disrespecting a whole President of the giant of Africa in public. Maybe when they want to give award to those community members in Kaduna or Benue state being killed frequently by barbaric killer herdsmen, hope they collect it with joy and happiness? If you can't see anything wrong with what Teni did then no need to continue this discussion. Same way you all don't see anything wrong with funny characters contesting for president. Tribalism has a way of messing someone sense of reasoning. You don't like someone attitude and actions and yet you still have the guts to collect the award. Is it not hypocrisy?

That’s how you defended Ipob Terrorists until it got to you all, keep defending rubbish that is your tribalistic business. National award has nothing to do with the president and those who deserved it weren’t selected by the President. The award is long gone but not forgotten. It’s what you do to others, others will do to you.

The funny character contesting for presidency is Obi, you have to arrange you home and make it peaceful before thinking of arranging the entire country.

90% of igbos are routing for Obi and other tribes who have different candidates are called tribalistic, isn’t that hypocrisy? We shall see the result very soon.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by 9japride(m): 2:44pm On Jan 06, 2023
Babysho:

It's very necessary to elaborate! I usually don't pay attention to tribalism because I know they're the 0.001% but when someone like Brymo who should be enlightened says something like this, it makes me anxious. People like him take us back to the stone age. I really hope other celebs reach out to him to detribalize him so Nigeria can move forward.
[color=#006600][/color]

Yes, the mischievous ones amongst all major tribes are usually small. Brymo is a good artist, I believe he wants to come back to limelight by trending with controversial topics. Other celeb should reach out to him. No one is an island in this life.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by 9japride(m): 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
hopexter:

That’s how you defended Ipob Terrorists until it got to you all, keep defending rubbish that is your tribalistic business. National award has nothing to do with the president and those who deserved it weren’t selected by the President. The award is long gone but not forgotten. It’s what you do to others, others will do to you.

The funny character contesting for presidency is Obi, you have to arrange you home and make it peaceful before thinking of arranging the entire country.

90% of igbos are routing for Obi and other tribes who have different candidates are called tribalistic, isn’t that hypocrisy? We shall see the result very soon.

[color=#006600][/color]

Nobody will fall for this una childish blackmailing that Igbos support ipob. You hate Igbos and there is nothing anyone can do to change your mindset. 90% of Igbos and 90% of other peace loving tribes in the country are all voting for Peter Obi. Can you confidently present your presidential candidate to the international community? You think those in the international environment are ready for comedy show? Keep supporting rubbish all in the name of archaic tribalism that our elders played that put everyone in this mess we are presently. All tribes in Nigeria contributed to the present state of the country with their olden days kind of reasoning. Presently with the help of internet and education, people are wiser. So carry your funny mindset of is "our own" kind of politics and play it amongst your kind. Why didn't you support Osibanjo that is more learned and progressive? It's to tell you the kind of mindset you guys have and the disrespect you have for the sensibility of the common man in Nigeria. Other countries are leaving behind archaic way of thinking and Nigeria won't be left behind.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by NLPoliceWoman: 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2023
RTR
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by sonofthunder: 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2023
See how almost everyone ignores the message and attacks the messenger...
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by sonofthunder: 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
NLPoliceWoman:

Again,
Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 2

Any mod that enforces the rules will be attacked/bullied and called a bigot.

Even Seun is not left out even when he has made it clear that he has reasons to doubt Tinubu/Atiku.

When he advised obidients to calm down and learn about the positives of agbado based economy, they bullied and insulted him.

Some are even trying to create forums to rival nairaland.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

It's a sad and pathetic situation.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
plaindealer:
I got to give it to Brymo, I love his courage and bravery, he's a one-man army, and he's still slapping Igbos left and right.

The ESN Igbos try to bully the wrong person..

Clowns.. grin grin grin

You know you are a very stupid person and very soon you would be picked up. Idiot.

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by baretalk: 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2023
dyera:
Just as Jonathan becoming the president went a long way in quelling the agitation of Niger Delta, same way an Igbo man becoming the president will go a long way in quelling the tension in the south east.

I still remember Tompolo threatening war should Jonathan lose the 2011 presidential election and as a Niger Deltan I actually shared his sentiment, I'm sure other Niger Deltan must have felt the same.
It's different, Niger deltans have sacrificed a lot for Nigeria, Niger Delta agitation is valid, environmental degradation etc, ipob agitation is not legit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

INEC Suspends Dino Melaye Recall / ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar / People Seen Crawling As PDP Gubernatorial Primary Election Turns Violent In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.