Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph (56706 Views)

Orezone!? Gold Quest!?: The Sinister Plot Of Qnet. Job Scam In Burkina Faso / Shell Petroleum(SPDC) Official Recruitment, Oct 2019 (4 Positions)(Lagos & PH) / How To Detect Job Vacancy Scam In Nigeria (be Safe) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by fitinwell: 2:14pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:
My in-laws brother was recently scammed.
He was told to pay 600k for a job in a company and that his salary will be paid in dollars every week.

He sold all he had and left for Lagos without consulting any family member. He was welcomed by his so called employers and ushered into a building that looks like an office. After paying the fees he was held hostage and striped off every belongings and kept in a room. There he saw other victims being used by these so called employers.

His line was not connecting, they give him the phone to communicate when they want to pass any information in their favour and after that no more phone call, the victim might even be forced to tell you that he is very busy that's y you he can't be reached anytime until he calls back.

They use these victims held hostage to convince family members or friends to come over and take the job/business offer.

As soon as you get there, they strip you off every belongings, seize you phone and collect the money you brought. Once you are there they threaten to kill you if you don't corporate with them. They will tell you call a family member or friend and tell them about the business/job and that you have started benefiting.

In my in-laws brother's case, his escape from where he was kept hostage was a miracle. He is back to zero.

Please share this information with your family and friends so that non will fall victim.

Thank you.

Show us corresponding emails used to submit your CVs and other vital information about this scammers..

To help others
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by toprealman: 2:14pm On Jan 05, 2023
Is this really new?
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by jamesversion: 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:

He was in Benue before leaving for Lagos, he doesn't even know anywhere. He said he is thinking about how to start life over again. Their victims are mostly people from other states who are not familiar with Lagos.

Why did you include Port Harcourt in a scam clearly perpetrated in Lagos??

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Tochex101(m): 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
Jokerman:
How can you pay 600K for Job offer...??

Use your brain... angry..

Oh na Benue person.... grin
Benue person?....thats rude nah..

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Chetas81(m): 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
THE MAN WITH FERRARI BRAIN WILL CONTINUE TO RIDE ON PEOPLE WITH KEKE NAPEP BRAIN ____ THE NIGERIA CITIZENS CREATE THE ERROR WHERE THEY CHOOSE TO LIVE, NOW THEY BEGIN TO COMPLAINT ABOUT THE ERROR _____ HUSH PUPPIE SHOULD SERVED PRISON TERM IN NIGERIA NOT IN USA
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by lifenija: 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
ProffessorTA:
This is very bad.

Check out this site below. Much more modern than Nairaland. Job vacancies are also posted daily.
na Naija host company u use? Site dey crawl
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Ekejoestar(m): 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lol, so this my guy chijioke called me on a Sunday morning that he wants to come to my house to pass time b4 he goes home and I agreed,so when he came he told me about a job offer in Lagos with a company that deals in many stuffs like hospital equipment and what have you,he even said that he is undergoing training there and will soon be employed when he is done with the training. He also said that he had to travel to East three times so as to get enough money to pay the company for the employment and I was like lol

Connected me with the manager and the manager said that I'll have to pay the sum of 560k for me to be able to get the job and that they will also help me prepare an international visa, what made me suspicious was he always makes use of a phrase "financial freedom" which chijioke has also said on different occasions during our discussion plus asking me to pay money lol.

I was even worried that my guy has entered into the hands of GNLD people and another thing is that he doesn't answer his calls during daytime except night.

I got to know that he told many people about the same job offer but used different story for each person, he told one guy that he will be paid 85k per month but told me that I'll be paid 200k per week. I warned people to be wary of him cos he might be working with scammers, nigga still called me yesterday sef.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by DoctorDree(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
What were they asked to do while they were kept at the place?

How did he escaped?
Bla bla bla
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by 18wheeler: 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
Asking an employment seeker to make payment as part of employment process should be the first red flag of scam.

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Tracingpaths: 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
NYCnextStop:
Most genuine jobs won’t require a down payment before hiring. Once a fee is attached to a job, it’s most likely a scam.

God help us

Paying for private job is bullshit. Private job mostly employ for your skill but you get to know with your connection.

Ask most of the people who got Federal Government job whether they didn't pay.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Tannhauser(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
angry lipsrsealed
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by jibrilELsudan: 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
THIS DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE

IF THIS YOUR FAMILY MEMBER HAD CALLED YOU TO COME....WOULD YOU HAVE SOLD ALL YOU HAVE TO QUICKLY GO MEET HIM?

THIS YOUR FAMILY MEMBER ISN'T TELLING THE TRUTH

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by GloriousGbola: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
NYCnextStop:
Most genuine jobs won’t require a down payment before hiring. Once a fee is attached to a job, it’s most likely a scam.

God help us

I used to think so, until I needed a guy at short notice and the person who referred a person to me told me I would be giving him the person's salary to disburse.

Basically he was going to keep half.

Turns out it was a hustle they were all running in the guys company. Na real wa.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by babayinka77(m): 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:
He was told to pay 600k for a job in a company and that his salary will be paid in dollars every week.

He sold all he had and left for Lagos without consulting any family member. He was welcomed by his so called employers and ushered into a building that looks like an office. After paying the fees he was held hostage and striped off every belongings and kept in a room. There he saw other victims being used by these so called employers.

His line was not connecting, they give him the phone to communicate when they want to pass any information in their favour and after that no more phone call, the victim might even be forced to tell you that he is very busy that's y you he can't be reached anytime until he calls back.

They use these victims held hostage to convince family members or friends to come over and take the job/business offer.

As soon as you get there, they strip you off every belongings, seize you phone and collect the money you brought. Once you are there they threaten to kill you if you don't corporate with them. They will tell you call a family member or friend and tell them about the business/job and that you have started benefiting.

In my in-laws brother's case, his escape from where he was kept hostage was a miracle. He is back to zero.

Please share this information with your family and friends so that non will fall victim.

Thank you.

Something is not right with this story...incomplete!

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by illuminutty: 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:

They use these victims held hostage to call and convince family members or friends to come over and take the job/business offer.

This shiii doesn't add up. Were any of his family member called to take the said "job"? Have you or your "brother-in-law" report the incident to the police or they wiped the memory of the place from his brain? Make it make sense abeg undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by ednut1(m): 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
Only a crook/ thief will agree to pay for a job

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by irririchris(m): 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
One of the company is called Qnet.... Though you won't be held hostage but you will be given a room to stay with others and made to work with the conviction that you will make loads of money from your down payment.
Please let's all be careful.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by 2pretty: 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
How in the world do people still fall for these kind of scam? Is it greed or what?
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Neddstark: 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
Crappy story. If true, he should provide an address so the police can raid the place.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Emola12(m): 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
Can you imagine,, how will you sold all your properties and left for Lagos because of one yeye job no be senseless be that
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by GboyegaD(m): 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
Don't they have a phone number? Don't they have a physical address? Has he reported them to the police so that other victims can be rescued?
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Prettychild(f): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:

Thank you.
So sorry to your in-law but any job that you are told to pay any amount of money before starting is a scam, I no dey fall for that shit
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Lepon02: 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:

Thank you.

Ok.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Elidrisy20: 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
This your Nollywood Movie make sense
When is the part 2 coming out

Is Kanayo the CEO of the company?
And yul edochie is looking for job and kanayo told him to pay 600k..
And Michael zubi is the bad guy holding them hostage inside the building.
I think the name of the movie is Royal Simp

Op, tell us when the part 2 will come out
guy sense dey far from where you dey
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by anthony533(m): 2:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
My friend nearly fell for this last year,the name of the company is Qnet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by TheOgaBoss: 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
GloriousGbola:

I used to think so, until I needed a guy at short notice and the person who referred a person to me told me I would be giving him the person's salary to disburse.

Basically he was going to keep half.

Turns out it was a hustle they were all running in the guys company. Na real wa.

day one no b down payment na, na first salary. Down payment means u pay b4 u even get the job.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Chris2863(m): 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
MikeMicheal:
While in hostage, what do they do with them?
you no dey read?
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:

Thank you.

Well done, eh?

He escaped, leaving others there, ba?

He also didn't tell the police the location so they can go and save other victims, abi?

The story is a very poor one o, don't try to make it into a movie, nobody go watch am.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by frankson1(m): 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
MikeMicheal:
While in hostage, what do they do with them?

You didn't read through undecided
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Chris2863(m): 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Kharol1234:
Shebi one topic reach front page this morning about his friend or brother wanting him to pay for a job?

Come and learn
you are very observant.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by WHITELIGHTER: 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Jokerman:
How can you pay 600K for Job offer...??

Use your brain... angry..

Oh na Benue person.... grin

Toget a federal Job now cost around ₦1-₦2m
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Idamond: 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2023
i had a similar message like this as of this week..
I called cause on the message he mentioned my name alongside, on seeing the name he used I knew this person is a scammer and doesn't know me too well.. when I called I told him I saw the messaged he sent he said okay I should come to somewhere around PH(eleme or so) I was expecting him to mention my name when I called cause he wrote down his name along the message he sent..
I just ending the call told the person i was strolling with that the man na scammer..

Jaylite10
abort it asap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / List Of Successful Candidates For Nigeria Police Recruitment 2016 / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.