Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph (56678 Views)

Orezone!? Gold Quest!?: The Sinister Plot Of Qnet. Job Scam In Burkina Faso / Shell Petroleum(SPDC) Official Recruitment, Oct 2019 (4 Positions)(Lagos & PH) / How To Detect Job Vacancy Scam In Nigeria (be Safe) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by stickle(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:

He was in Benue before leaving for Lagos, he doesn't even know anywhere. He said he is thinking about how to start life over again. Their victims are mostly people from other states who are not familiar with Lagos.

That is not a good excuse not to report. He will be saving lives through that singular action.

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by SeriouslySense(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
smiley
Oburu202:
What type of write up is this? Are you trying to report a crime? Or are you trying to warn people about some job scam?

No further details? No company name, no address, nature job, etc. I think if you really want to help people here, you should include some specific or tell us the whole gist. I'm tired of people post a half backed stories.

Expose this so crime gangs. The public should be aware of them.

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by omogeloye: 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
My family brother called me from Abuja also ...last month. He called telling me all manner...that I should resigned my Lagos state government job and bring 600k....,I have to blacklist his number immediately

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Gabriealice: 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
I remembered this same story when a former colleague of mine was telling me to come and join him in this same company last year. He told me everything about the company here is Lagos around Ejigbo axis. He called the name of the company but couldn't remember the name again. I googled the company's name and what I saw was an eyesore.

I questioned him about this company and he told me that his uncle invited him and he had to pay 540K for documentation (Appointment letter, Identity Card, Dollar Account Opening). and that the company will pay him dollar weekly. He told me that they are into many things and also told me that the company will give you accomodation, feeding 2x daily etc. But as a Lagos boy, I Japa because I can't allow someone to scam me with my hard-earned money. I haven't heard anything from the guy again ever since I rejected the offer.

May God continue to guide and protect us all.. Amen

2 Likes

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by MilitantAtheist: 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
princechina:

I guess the location of the company is in ogba ikeja?
yes o

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Nawteemaxie(m): 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
Felixamos:

Na wa oh! Thanks for sharing..
Please for the sake of us who didn't grow up in Benin, what does "drop message" mean?

Basically it is a cult slang, he will make a call to Benin and inform his gang what happened. They will locate the guy's family, get hold of probably his mom, cut or mess her up pretty bad, and ask her (if she is still alive) to inform the son to do the needful. That is the message that has been dropped.

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2023
Nawteemaxie:

Basically it is a cult slang, he will make a call to Benin and inform his gang what happened. They will locate the guy's family, get hold of probably his mom, cut or mess her up pretty bad, and ask her (if she is still alive) to inform the son to do the needful. That is the message that has been dropped.
Thanks a lot for the enlightenment...

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by MilitantAtheist: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2023
Oburu202:
What type of write up is this? Are you trying to report a crime? Or are you trying to warn people about some job scam?

No further details? No company name, no address, nature job, etc. I think if you really want to help people here, you should include some specific or tell us the whole gist. I'm tired of people post a half backed stories.

Expose this so crime gangs. The public should be aware of them.
bro I just narrated my experience here and how I escaped. They're in Ogba in ikeja Lagos, the name of the company is Qnet or Qi they're scammers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
Gabriealice:

May God continue to guide and protect us all.. Amen

Ah! Amen oh!

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Globetrot: 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
He is a victim of Qnet

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by ComeToJesus: 4:35pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:
My in-laws brother was recently scammed.
He was told to pay 600k for a job in a company and that his salary will be paid in dollars every week.

He sold all he had and left for Lagos without consulting any family member. He was welcomed by his so called employers and ushered into a building that looks like an office. After paying the fees he was held hostage and striped off every belongings and kept in a room. There he saw other victims being used by these so called employers.

His line was not connecting, they give him the phone to communicate when they want to pass any information in their favour and after that no more phone call, the victim might even be forced to tell you that he is very busy that's y you he can't be reached anytime until he calls back.

They use these victims held hostage to convince family members or friends to come over and take the job/business offer.

As soon as you get there, they strip you off every belongings, seize you phone and collect the money you brought. Once you are there they threaten to kill you if you don't corporate with them. They will tell you call a family member or friend and tell them about the business/job and that you have started benefiting.

In my in-laws brother's case, his escape from where he was kept hostage was a miracle. He is back to zero.

Please share this information with your family and friends so that non will fall victim.

Thank you.

Few years ago, my close pal told me how this job on a rig is up and that one has to make a down payment of 500k before you get the letter of employment and redeployment.

I told him this sounds like a scam. He said in this life, you use money to look for money. I requested to speak with this his classmate in secondary school who is supposed to be working there already.

He gave me his number, I rang the bagga lizard and from his disjointed English, my suspicion was confirmed.

Long story short, my friend and his brother paid a whopping one million naira and till today, no show. The matter don reach the guy village and the parents promised to sell a piece of land and pay my guy and his brother. Till today, no show.

Beware of friends.
Beware of Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by irririchris(m): 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
He's trying to get commission from the money you'll pay.
Ekehwinz:

This very Qnet scammed my friend of 450k in Portharcourt. My cousin bro is stucked in Benin republic on this same matter. He has been trying to convince me to come over, I just dey look am

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Ulunne777(f): 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2023
My husband's friend told him about this 3 months ago.He even sold things and paid for the "training fee".#600k.

I adamantly redused then.

But I just called him to call his friend to know what's up.Funny enough we haven't heard from him since.

3 Likes

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2023
ComeToJesus:

Few years ago, my close pal told me how this job on a rig is up and that one has to make a down payment of 500k before you get the letter of employment and redeployment.

I told him this sounds like a scam. He said in this life, you use money to look for money. I requested to speak with this his classmate in secondary school who is supposed to be working there already.

He gave me his number, I rang the bagga lizard and from his disjointed English, my suspicion was confirmed.

Long story short, my friend and his brother paid a whopping one million naira and till today, no show. The matter don reach the guy village and the parents promised to sell a piece of land and pay my guy and his brother. Till today, no show.

Beware of friends.
Beware of Nigerians.
Hmmmmmmm.. Na really wa oh!
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by TYCO77: 4:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
MikeMicheal:
While in hostage, what do they do with them?

They use them to connect and entice other job seekers.

3 Likes

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by lawalosky(m): 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
This your Nollywood Movie make sense
When is the part 2 coming out

This Is the movie where Kanayo is the CEO of the company?
And yul edochie is looking for job and kanayo told him to pay 600k..
And Michael zubi is the bad guy holding them hostage inside the building.
I think the name of the movie is Royal Simp

Op, tell us when the part 2 will come out

Building that your brother escaped miraculously and he also miraculously forgot the address of the building.
All the people that were held hostage inside 1 building. Making calls to there family and the "worrried" family can't track the calls and none of them know the address of the company..
Not even their close friends or roomates know the address of the company abi??
Tell us when when part 2 is coming out. Nonsense

I am 100% telling you what op said is true! I personally I am telling I almost fall victim to this,

My sister call they are offering job in PH, that a lot of her neighbor family have gone there, and they are treating them well, they will give u free apartment and food and pay you well,

She told me how many people are selling there landed property to travel to PH to pay the sum of 500k

I almost fall for that because she was pressurinsing me to sell everything I have and travel there.

Less I forgot she said, is white people company and you have to pay 500k as registration, because of this post, I am even trying to reach her now to break the news, her number is not going, I will keep calling her.

5 Likes

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by RSVP: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
irririchris:
One of the company is called Qnet.... Though you won't be held hostage but you will be given a room to stay with others and made to work with the conviction that you will make loads of money from your down payment.
Please let's all be careful.

There was a guy at a spot we normally hang out together after working hour and he was telling us about this new company saying they deal with golds and will be paying you 450k every week but you have to pay 500k first to secure the job.... I was the first person to busrt into laff cuz I couldn't fathom how person could be dis dull like the person doesn't rate you at all to even tell you dis bs in the first place... How would you tell me to pay 500k to secure a job of 450k weekly payment? Bro dis sh8t doesn't sound real at all and I wonder how people could fell for it...

I knw the guy could have done it if he had such money but d funny thing is he still trying to defend dis story say it may be true.. Lol na der I come shock say mugu still dey tru tru oo..

Now let's start with which post are they putting you to earn 450k weekly?? Guy man no fit talk... I just dey laff ham

You go hear d way some people get scam sef go just funny you one kind say nah so some people dull reach.

4 Likes

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Ulunne777(f): 4:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
easzypeaszy:
I smell alot of issues wt dis story.
1. I saw an headline earlier when someone asking if dis job offer is real on same 600k, Cousine and PH shiiit
2. Within some hours all of this stories comes up.
3. Held hostage to start convincing Other family members to come up
See ehhn dat your Cousine get shit he covering up.
Make he carry police and security agency go the place.
Stop dey wyne dis 2023 nah

Dey calm down.I'm calling someone right now who came and informed us about this 600k job in pH.He actually sold things and traveled for it but we haven't even heard from him since.

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by johndavid1(m): 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
A family friend chatted me up on Facebook last year to inform me about this same job offer that God has really helped him through this company that they now pay him in dollars every week that he never regretted selling his car so he can get the job.... I told him am not interested... He was busy convincing me... At some point I almost fell for it.. hmmm

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by wisdomkid: 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

Building that your brother escaped miraculously and he also miraculously forgot the address of the building.
All the people that were held hostage inside 1 building. Making calls to there family and the "worrried" family can't track the calls and none of them know the address of the company..

You think you're watching Hollywood movies where you can trace calls? How many times or people you know have traced calls? If tracing calls is easy, all those people writing jobs offers on walls, fences, etc would be caught.

How many of your people living outside your state have you asked for the address of their company? Persin go open mouth talk nonsense full ground

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by bayelsaowei(m): 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
NYCnextStop:
Most genuine jobs won’t require a down payment before hiring. Once a fee is attached to a job, it’s most likely a scam.

God help us
a down payment for a roasted ?

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by infoleak: 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
easzypeaszy:
I smell alot of issues wt dis story.
1. I saw an headline earlier when someone asking if dis job offer is real on same 600k, Cousine and PH shiiit
2. Within some hours all of this stories comes up.
3. Held hostage to start convincing Other family members to come up
See ehhn dat your Cousine get shit he covering up.
Make he carry police and security agency go the place.
Stop dey wyne dis 2023 nah

1. Just pray that you or anybody you know never falls into certain situation cos when u try to explain what happend people might think you are narrating a movie you just watched.

2. I brought this up cos of the advise the other fellow was seeking for and I also share this experience on his thread.

3. Experience is the best teacher, not everyone is as wise as you, if you go out there and see what people do or go through just to make money. You will just thank God for your life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Frontdude(m): 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2023
Ekejoestar:
Lol, so this my guy chijioke called me on a Sunday morning that he wants to come to my house to pass time b4 he goes home and I agreed,so when he came he told me about a job offer in Lagos with a company that deals in many stuffs like hospital equipment and what have you,he even said that he is undergoing training there and will soon be employed when he is done with the training. He also said that he had to travel to East three times so as to get enough money to pay the company for the employment and I was like lol

Connected me with the manager and the manager said that I'll have to pay the sum of 560k for me to be able to get the job and that they will also help me prepare an international visa, what made me suspicious was he always makes use of a phrase "financial freedom" which chijioke has also said on different occasions during our discussion plus asking me to pay money lol.

I was even worried that my guy has entered into the hands of GNLD people and another thing is that he doesn't answer his calls during daytime except night.

I got to know that he told many people about the same job offer but used different story for each person, he told one guy that he will be paid 85k per month but told me that I'll be paid 200k per week. I warned people to be wary of him cos he might be working with scammers, nigga still called me yesterday sef.
Same here, my friend fell for this shiiit stuffs, and has been disturbing me to join him in Lagos for the fuçķìñg job offer. As if its by force.

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by infoleak: 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2023
Geo4646:

May God not let any of family to fall victim, pls where exactly in Lagos. So we warn others and expose their evil act

It's only somebody tha leaves in Lagos that knows Lagos, in his own case he came in as a stranger.

2 Likes

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by infoleak: 5:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
babayinka77:

Something is not right with this story...incomplete!

The shared experience needs not to be complete, it looks like a story but it's a lesson to people who are desperate when it comes to job hunting.

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Emarc16(m): 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
Yes I almost fell for one from a close friend she was always calling me to come see her in PH to join her company that I should bring 500k for everything and would be sent abroad for training. Thank God I didn't take her serious.

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by infoleak: 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

The part 2 will be out when some one you know falls a victim of this scam.

How many kidnappers or bandits have our security agencies able to track through the use of phones yet people are called to pay ransom. May be you can mention like 5.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by tianshie(m): 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

These are all very good questions. Until it happens to you, then you stop being a skeptic.

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Ogbastan080645(m): 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
It likely true I'm nearly a victim of not that I have had such experience from the same person trying hard to convince me to do it and the fact that I don't know how to come by such amount of money 580k to be precise and Lagos was the location I didn't border to make any move about it just ignore was my savior
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by sihamey: 5:40pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:
My in-laws brother was recently scammed.
He was told to pay 600k for a job in a company and that his salary will be paid in dollars every week.

He sold all he had and left for Lagos without consulting any family member. He was welcomed by his so called employers and ushered into a building that looks like an office. After paying the fees he was held hostage and striped off every belongings and kept in a room. There he saw other victims being used by these so called employers.

His line was not connecting, they give him the phone to communicate when they want to pass any information in their favour and after that no more phone call, the victim might even be forced to tell you that he is very busy that's y you he can't be reached anytime until he calls back.

They use these victims held hostage to convince family members or friends to come over and take the job/business offer.

As soon as you get there, they strip you off every belongings, seize you phone and collect the money you brought. Once you are there they threaten to kill you if you don't corporate with them. They will tell you call a family member or friend and tell them about the business/job and that you have started benefiting.

In my in-laws brother's case, his escape from where he was kept hostage was a miracle. He is back to zero.

Please share this information with your family and friends so that non will fall victim.

Thank you.
I smell rat
600k for job to company that doesn’t exist
Travelled all the way from Benue to lagos for job that does not exit grin
Called family member to come from Benue to Lagos for the same job and they get reap off their money too wink
In this era of internet he did not search for the company online to know if it exist or not before leaving Benue to Lagos .
Lesson
Is good to be smart in this country for survival and not fall victim anyhow. This country is not for the SIMPle Men

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by onyeomma: 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2023
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Ekejoestar(m): 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
Frontdude:

Same here, my friend fell for this shiiit stuffs, and has been disturbing me to join him in Lagos for the fuçķìñg job offer. As if its by force.

Lol, I guessed my guy also fell for it cos the way he was calling me to join was suspicious, it's either he wants to use me to recover his money or he is part of the gang.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Successful Candidates For Nigeria Police Recruitment 2016 / Free Workforce Past Question And Answer / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.