Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph (56707 Views)

Orezone!? Gold Quest!?: The Sinister Plot Of Qnet. Job Scam In Burkina Faso / Shell Petroleum(SPDC) Official Recruitment, Oct 2019 (4 Positions)(Lagos & PH) / How To Detect Job Vacancy Scam In Nigeria (be Safe) (2) (3) (4)

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Treassured: 10:06pm On Jan 05, 2023
May God continue to protect us during this tough period and beyond.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by NYCnextStop(m): 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
gentleguy1975:
in 2011, I was informed about a customs job but,then I would have to pay a whopping #750k to land the job!
That one dey. Other than few Federal jobs, others na scam
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 06, 2023
Please share more details about this location.
The Nigeria Police will be contacted on this
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by AlphaWolf27: 12:41am On Jan 06, 2023
He was not scammed. He was stupid. Infact the most stupid I have ever heard. Who pays 600K to get a job. Dumb idiot. He deserved it abeg.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by NessFortunate: 1:22am On Jan 06, 2023
salary will be paid in dollars every week.

He sold all he had and left for Lagos without consulting any family member. He was welcomed by his so called employers and ushered into a building that looks like an office. After paying the fees he was held hostage and striped off every belongings and kept in a room. There he saw other victims being used by these so called employers.

His line was not connecting, they give him the phone to communicate when they want to pass any information in their favour and after that no more phone call, the victim might even be forced to tell you that he is very busy that's y you he can't be reached anytime until he calls back.

They use these victims held hostage to convince family members or friends to come over and take the job/business offer.

As soon as you get there, they strip you off every belongings, seize you phone and co

When the man of God says pray againgst evil manipulation and wastages. This is part of what he meant. Just dey PLAY. SMH.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by CodeTemplar: 1:22am On Jan 06, 2023
infoleak:
My in-laws brother was recently scammed.
He was told to pay 600k for a job in a company and that his salary will be paid in dollars every week.

He sold all he had and left for Lagos without consulting any family member. He was welcomed by his so called employers and ushered into a building that looks like an office. After paying the fees he was held hostage and striped off every belongings and kept in a room. There he saw other victims being used by these so called employers.

His line was not connecting, they give him the phone to communicate when they want to pass any information in their favour and after that no more phone call, the victim might even be forced to tell you that he is very busy that's y you he can't be reached anytime until he calls back.

They use these victims held hostage to convince family members or friends to come over and take the job/business offer.

As soon as you get there, they strip you off every belongings, seize you phone and collect the money you brought. Once you are there they threaten to kill you if you don't corporate with them. They will tell you call a family member or friend and tell them about the business/job and that you have started benefiting.

In my in-laws brother's case, his escape from where he was kept hostage was a miracle. He is back to zero.

Please share this information with your family and friends so that non will fall victim.

Thank you.
this is best passed to police who can secretly pose to be employable hands to burst the criminals and not a Social Media material just yet.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Starzo: 4:06am On Jan 06, 2023
infoleak:
He was told to pay 600k for a job in a company and that his salary will be paid in dollars every week.

As soon as you get there, they strip you off every belongings, seize you phone and collect the money you brought. Once you are there they threaten to kill you if you don't corporate with them. They will tell you call a family member or friend and tell them about the business/job and that you have started benefiting.

In my in-laws brother's case, his escape from where he was kept hostage was a miracle. He is back to zero.

Please share this information with your family and friends so that non will fall victim.

Thank you.
Carry this information to the police
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by sirblero(m): 5:00am On Jan 06, 2023
infoleak:

Thank you.

I know this people. I know the name the call it. My younger brother almost fell a victim to this scam. They target long time friends and family members.
Please y'all be careful out there

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by jimcaddy(m): 6:53am On Jan 06, 2023
Sorry to say, the boy was very foolish. Someone asked you to pay a whooping 600k for a job that will be paying you dollars in Nigeria, and you stupidly went ahead to look for 600k, counted it and gave that person. Some people still mumu for this Nigeria in 2022.

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Paretomaster1(m): 7:40am On Jan 06, 2023
How do people fall for all this play sef I just dey wonder weyin go make me fall mugu like that ..
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by OdigiBright(m): 8:09am On Jan 06, 2023
infoleak:

Thank you.

I was called by a close friend, in fact a church member. Pressurising me to come over and that they pay in dollars.

600k was the same amount he called too.

Today, he's apartment where he lived is empty because he sold everything and the rent is expired.

He's starting from zero.

Thank God I didnt fall for it �

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by easzypeaszy(m): 8:16am On Jan 06, 2023
Ulunne777:

Dey calm down.I'm calling someone right now who came and informed us about this 600k job in pH.He actually sold things and traveled for it but we haven't even heard from him since.

hmmmm ppl are dumb.. Sorry to use the Word.
One thing I hv thought mysef to do is to gv details of my last location even if it wl be by jokes, within conversation to my family members.
I was goin to buy bread in VI ystrday around 10pm I was the only one at home.
I was chatin wt my frnd so I just told him mk I get bread fr 2nd Gate.
Dude is even in Lokoja n didnt even kw d place or hv a picture.
Godforbid somtin happens.. No witness.. Atleast som1 wl kw I wnt to second Gate.
I cannt be manipulated easily unless na jaz.. May be bc I gree up in a deadly environment dat trustin no one n lies is our memory verse

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by wasi9ice: 9:57am On Jan 06, 2023
Two people have edme for that kind of Job but l didn't even yeild , l just laughed , l know they are being scammed but they will never believe it
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by LegitWebsites: 10:44am On Jan 06, 2023
infoleak:

Thank you.

This is very true and it is not new.

It happened to my younger sister about 7 years ago when she was job hunting.

I told her not to go for the interview as clearly the interview message was filled with too many grammatical blunders.

- but she refused and it took her about 2 days to return back home as she pretended she wanted to go urinate.

Many of these Evils exist.

People should stop going for interviews that they didn't apply for all in the name of "It is God's Miracle".

People should Embrace The Digital Life of Creating and/or Working Online. This is The 21st Century. The Internet is Your Tool To Financial Freedom. Use It Wisely.

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Kebaba(m): 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
NessFortunate:
salary will be paid in dollars every week.

As soon as you get there, they strip you off every belongings, seize you phone and co

When the man of God says pray against evil manipulation and wastages. This is part of what he meant. Just dey PLAY. SMH.

My cousin is held hostage now by those people in Ogun state. I was invited over by my cousin and when I got there, I was asked to pay 650,000 naira for ID card, accommodation, feeding and some other things they mentioned. When I managed to come back home, I called my cousin and asked him to take the bold step and leave that place but he refused that he can't find that kind of job that pays in dollars any where in Nigeria. He succeeded in bring a few more people from the village to join him there . May God rescue them

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by princechina(m): 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2023
MilitantAtheist:
yes o
Na kidnappers full that place
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Michaelpraise: 10:05am On Aug 11, 2023
09038750543 and 09169583117. These are scammers numbers using Arik Air job to scam and these emails affinitywings@arikair.com and vacancies@arikair.com to make it look real for you to send your cv. And then for payment for medicals that you have gotten the job.

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / List Of Successful Candidates For Nigeria Police Recruitment 2016 / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53