Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph (56708 Views)

Orezone!? Gold Quest!?: The Sinister Plot Of Qnet. Job Scam In Burkina Faso / Shell Petroleum(SPDC) Official Recruitment, Oct 2019 (4 Positions)(Lagos & PH) / How To Detect Job Vacancy Scam In Nigeria (be Safe) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Emperorx: 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:
My in-laws brother was recently scammed.
He was told to pay 600k for a job in a company and that his salary will be paid in dollars every week.

He sold all he had and left for Lagos without consulting any family member. He was welcomed by his so called employers and ushered into a building that looks like an office. After paying the fees he was held hostage and striped off every belongings and kept in a room. There he saw other victims being used by these so called employers.

His line was not connecting, they give him the phone to communicate when they want to pass any information in their favour and after that no more phone call, the victim might even be forced to tell you that he is very busy that's y you he can't be reached anytime until he calls back.

They use these victims held hostage to convince family members or friends to come over and take the job/business offer.

As soon as you get there, they strip you off every belongings, seize you phone and collect the money you brought. Once you are there they threaten to kill you if you don't corporate with them. They will tell you call a family member or friend and tell them about the business/job and that you have started benefiting.

In my in-laws brother's case, his escape from where he was kept hostage was a miracle. He is back to zero.

Please share this information with your family and friends so that non will fall victim.

Thank you.
Qnet got him their victims are much in my area

3 Likes

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by 07kjb: 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
My so called course mate back then wanted to do this exact thing to me last year o

Thank God I didn't fell for it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by GloriousGbola: 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
day one no b down payment na, na first salary. Down payment means u pay b4 u even get the job.

Na wa oo

Day one
Down payment

I sure say mobilization dey as well.

Naija ehn
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by StPete: 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
One of the scammer is here on nairaland. He posted something similar recently about getting a job paid in dollars in a nearby country. He will send someone to pick you up at Badagry to cross you through the border at Seme. I’ve reported his number to EFCC. Don’t know if they have done anything about it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Oburu202: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2023
What type of write up is this? Are you trying to report a crime? Or are you trying to warn people about some job scam?

No further details? No company name, no address, nature job, etc. I think if you really want to help people here, you should include some specific or tell us the whole gist. I'm tired of people post a half backed stories.

Expose this so crime gangs. The public should be aware of them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Afonjacrusder(f): 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2023
I can attest to this. They have a branch in Burkina-faso too. Their victims turn scammers claims they are paid about $200 weekly. Yet nothing to show for it cheesy
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by EmmanuelScott1(m): 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2023
Q-Net scammers don land in PH, Be careful guys
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by am5635: 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2023
I almost fall victim ooo, one wife's neighbour called and told her some story about a job slot but insisted that a down payment of 480,000 must be paid before the job will be given, we started looking for money because he said the payment is in dollar and it's every week but thank GOD we didnt fall for his evil trick
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by spencekat(m): 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
In 2010,late Professor Ijioma told us that any job we are told to pay before we are staffed,that we should look well before we leap .This advice helped me in same Portharcourt to escape 'mouth watering job'scam when I was just a fresh graduate .

3 Likes

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by itoski(m): 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2023
I can never make a down payment not even with a roasted corn

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by spencekat(m): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2023
toprealman:
Is this really new?
Not new .In 2013,in Portharcourt,I ignored one idiotic fellow who wanted to scam me in same manner.

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by cassyrooy(m): 2:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:
He was told to pay 600k for a job in a company and that his salary will be paid in dollars every week.

He sold all he had and left for Lagos without consulting any family member. He was welcomed by his so called employers and ushered into a building that looks like an office. After paying the fees he was held hostage and striped off every belongings and kept in a room. There he saw other victims being used by these so called employers.

His line was not connecting, they give him the phone to communicate when they want to pass any information in their favour and after that no more phone call, the victim might even be forced to tell you that he is very busy that's y you he can't be reached anytime until he calls back.

They use these victims held hostage to convince family members or friends to come over and take the job/business offer.

As soon as you get there, they strip you off every belongings, seize you phone and collect the money you brought. Once you are there they threaten to kill you if you don't corporate with them. They will tell you call a family member or friend and tell them about the business/job and that you have started benefiting.

In my in-laws brother's case, his escape from where he was kept hostage was a miracle. He is back to zero.

Please share this information with your family and friends so that non will fall victim.

Thank you.
Same happened to my guy when he travelled to Porto-Novo Benin Republic.

When he contacted me to lure me into their Web. I cut him off.

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by KnowledgeIsVast(m): 2:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
Na man de do man after all

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by philipobiz: 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
This your Nollywood Movie make sense
When is the part 2 coming out

This Is the movie where Kanayo is the CEO of the company?
And yul edochie is looking for job and kanayo told him to pay 600k..
And Michael zubi is the bad guy holding them hostage inside the building.
I think the name of the movie is Royal Simp

Op, tell us when the part 2 will come out

Building that your brother escaped miraculously and he also miraculously forgot the address of the building.
All the people that were held hostage inside 1 building. Making calls to there family and the "worrried" family can't track the calls and none of them know the address of the company..

Tell us when when part 2 is coming out. Nonsense
Its a cook up story. His effort was good to decieve the moderator to make it a front page material
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by harrycoko: 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
The name of that business is Qnet or QI I was a victim I sold my dads only land for this scam but have moved on its in the past

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by akanbiaa(m): 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:

Thank you.
Thanks for educating the public on this , And I am happy for his family for him not being a victim of ritualist. Lesson is never let greed take over and share information to trusted family and friends on anything that looks too good to be true and your movements.

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by BigBen23(m): 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:

Thank you.

Your brother in-law can't locate the area anymore, since he has escaped? At least he can get the govt to arrest and free others
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by akanbiaa(m): 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
harrycoko:
The name of that business is Qnet or QI I was a victim I sold my dads only land for this scam but have moved on its in the past
May God replenish what you lost many folds, can you share your experience also for others to learn.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by kennys: 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
NYCnextStop:
Most genuine jobs won’t require a down payment before hiring. Once a fee is attached to a job, it’s most likely a scam.

God help us
Not most likely, it is straight a scam. No employer of good job will demand a dam from you.

2 Likes

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by orikoku: 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
Qnet, quest international, they have other names.

If you hear Qnet, my brother and sister, run for your life.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Dramadiddy(m): 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2023
new scam ke?
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by harrycoko: 2:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
GboyegaD:
Don't they have a phone number? Don't they have a physical address? Has he reported them to the police so that other victims can be rescued?
the problem is that they have strong men in the business those that started first they are the strong men I reported to the police in ogun state because that was where I was taken to but instead the police looked me up so them dey settle.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Abohlove: 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2023
The company is not a scam. Am working with the company here in port Harcourt.
The people that say there were been scam and hold hostage should tell u what they ask them to do befor they get paid.
Stop being a rumor Morgan
Contact me. If u want to no the real truet about the company 08162058012
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Nobleou(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
It's a psychological scam....

Someone I know very well called me for such offer last year but I insisted he lends me the money to pay back later since he is in the job and earning already...

MOD: You can only be scammed when you are greedy or anxious

Lastly, watch carefully for anyone who calls you for such offer but can't lend you money to pay back later

2 Likes

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by blkmum700: 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
If you believed this story then something is not right with you.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by iykepromotions: 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
NYCnextStop:
Most genuine jobs won’t require a down payment before hiring. Once a fee is attached to a job, it’s most likely a scam.

God help us
very correct. The fee attached is a big red flag. Moreover some people don't like doing further inquiries. Anybody can claim anything. Take time out to do exclusive research and questions before going further.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Abohlove: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
harrycoko:
the problem is that they have strong men in the business those that started first they are the strong men I reported to the police in ogun state because that was where I was taken to but instead the police looked me up so them dey settle.

U are lying....am one of them. I have tested the dollar. Don't be a lazy youth. Did u do ur work?

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by TrueNigerian300: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
infoleak:

He was in Benue before leaving for Lagos, he doesn't even know anywhere. He said he is thinking about how to start life over again. Their victims are mostly people from other states who are not familiar with Lagos.

Tell him not to be selfish and report the number that first call him to the police. Why are we this selfish as people. T

1 Like

Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Nobleou(m): 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
blkmum700:
If you believed this story then something is not right with you.
OP the story is TRUE but they are not held hostage, they only manipulate then to stay
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by 7arrows: 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
tydi:

Thank God he is safe now
And he wouldn't inform the police about this or take them to the location arrest the culprits and free other hostages ?? I hope he hasn't joined them in the business

I bow o. Maybe he 4got the location.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by blkmum700: 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
Nobleou:

OP the story is TRUE but they are not held hostage, they only manipulate then to stay

So what’s stopping them from going there with the police or army and arrest everybody, 600k for that matter.
Re: New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph by Ekehwinz: 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2023
irririchris:
One of the company is called Qnet.... Though you won't be held hostage but you will be given a room to stay with others and made to work with the conviction that you will make loads of money from your down payment.
Please let's all be careful.

This very Qnet scammed my friend of 450k in Portharcourt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / List Of Successful Candidates For Nigeria Police Recruitment 2016 / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.