Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar (25141 Views)

My Trip From Lagos To Ethiopia, Kenya And Mauritius Island / Lagos Ferry To Start Operations In November - See What The Ferries Look Like / Ikorodu-Mile 12 Road: Crowd At The Ikorodu Ferry Terminal Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by kingreign(m): 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
michlins:
On average, what's the time for this journey on the road

2-4 hours depending on traffic. The roads are terrible. This journey leads directly to Calabar Marina which is in the heart of Calabar.
I was impressed with my experience and I took the water the next day back to Oron.

2 Likes

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by jceesquare(m): 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
kingreign:
As we proceeded through various turns in the mangrove to Calabar, I took a peak at the speed info and was shocked at the actual speeds we were doing. I still didn’t believe it though.
Each outboard engine was putting about 50knots and 51 knots of speed, and the speed readout was 158km/h on the display (which I still doubt)
Why you dey doubt the speed?
Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by kingreign(m): 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
jceesquare:

Why you dey doubt the speed?
Because the speed no vary when we took turns around the mangroves it held steady at 158km/h but the speed of each engine varied when we took the turns.

1 Like

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by jceesquare(m): 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2023
kingreign:

Because the speed no vary when we took turns around the mangroves it held steady at 158km/h but the speed of each engine varied when we took the turns.
O I see.
But do you think the ferry was moving as fast as 158km/h at any time?
Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by kingreign(m): 2:12pm On Jan 05, 2023
jceesquare:

O I see.
But do you think the ferry was moving as fast as 158km/h at any time?
I don’t. But I can’t tell, as this is my first time on a motorized boat, water transport has a different feel from road transport feelings.
Also, this is a relatively big boat and I believe it’s heavy

5 Likes

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by jceesquare(m): 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
kingreign:

I don’t. But I can’t tell, as this is my first time on a motorized boat, water transport has a different feel from road transport feelings.
Exactly my thoughts. Even with the fiberglass body, it would be impressive to know those motors could jet the boat to that speed considering the people and cargo onboard.

3 Likes

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by jceesquare(m): 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
kingreign:

Maybe you should use a GPS to clock the speed next time.
Never been on a ferry or motorized boat for more than 15mins cos of my phobia for water
Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by kingreign(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
jceesquare:

Maybe you should use a GPS to clock the speed next time.
Never been on a ferry or motorized boat for more than 15mins cos of my phobia for water

Okay, next time will do.

1 Like

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by empron(m): 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
kingreign:

Okay, next time will do.
are you still in Calabar?
Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by kingreign(m): 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
empron:
are you still in Calabar?

No sir, I left the next day.
Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by jamesversion: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
kingreign:
Hello family,
Just decided to share my ferry trip with you guys.
I have always been fascinated by boat rides but i never really took part in any boat ride which lasted over 10mins due to the horrible stories I heard about water transportation.
But on December 30th I made a few enquiries from people about the possibility of taking a boat ride from Akwa Ibom to Calabar. I was given mixed answers. I decided to summon courage and take on this thrilling journey for the fun of it.

Oron waterside that year.

National Museum Oron was a popular hangout in 2012. Used to chill there and drink beer with peppercorn and watch boats pass bye.

I miss Oron.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by Marpol: 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
kingreign:
We passed a Chemical/storage Vessel by name ‘WESTMORE’ which was anchored in the middle of the water

That's my company vessel. Wow

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by kingreign(m): 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
Marpol:

Wow, that’s nice.

4 Likes

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by empron(m): 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
kingreign:

No sir, I left the next day.
oh ok
Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by SMARTMOTORS(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2023
EDET LIVES IN CALABAR

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by id911(m): 8:54am On Jan 06, 2023
Op, are you from Oron? That's my place.
Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by Lanshile(m): 8:55am On Jan 06, 2023
The reason why I love road trip if im the one driving is that my faith is in my hand
Besides land is the only place we can survive cos that is our habitual residence
If plane crash man cannot withstand the excess air intake and if boat or ship drown the salty water intake is a problem and also drowning
Op road transportation is the best

10 Likes

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by Atticusxsz(m): 8:56am On Jan 06, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
EDET LIVES IN CALABAR

Yeah, he's now married with kids.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by kingreign(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2023
id911:
Op, are you from Oron? That's my place.

No, I’m a Yoruba cool
Your kingdom is lovely I must say.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by id911(m): 9:02am On Jan 06, 2023
kingreign:

No, I’m a Yoruba 8
Your kingdom is lovely I must say.

Thanks, if anybody fine u trouble, let me know make I call my brothers them make them come defend u. Wish you all the best.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by spencekat(m): 9:02am On Jan 06, 2023
kingreign:
We passed a Chemical/storage Vessel by name ‘WESTMORE’ which was anchored in the middle of the water
MT.Westmore was anchored at Beecroft crossing.

5 Likes

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by MrHighSea: 9:02am On Jan 06, 2023
So they've upgraded the facility.

How bumpy was the ride and how comfy are the seats?

It seems preferable than a bolt ride to cally.
Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by Topmaike007(m): 9:02am On Jan 06, 2023
Please help me greet uncle bassey and Edet and his children when you see them oo last time we saw eachother he was at Oron

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by kingreign(m): 9:03am On Jan 06, 2023
Lanshile:
The reason why I love road trip if im the one driving is that my faith is in my hand
Besides land is the only place we can survive cos that is our habitual residence
If plane crash man cannot withstand the excess air intake and of boat or ship drown the salt water intake is a problem and also drowning
Op road transportation is the best

Air transport is very very safe. I prefer the air transport lately. I used to look forward to long distance driving but at the moment, I don’t advice such because of the security situation of the country and the state of our highways.

11 Likes 1 Share

Topmaike007:
Please help me greet uncle bassey and Edet and his children when you see them oo last time we saw eachother he was at Oron

Okay sir.
Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by symbianDON(m): 9:03am On Jan 06, 2023
kingreign:

Wow, that’s nice.
really enjoyed reading your travelogue except that the pictures were stopped. You write well. I love boat travels myself.

6 Likes

spencekat:
MT.Westmore was anchored at Beecroft crossing.

Okay, kindly explain more about this Beecroft Crossing please. I wish to learn.

1 Like

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by spencekat(m): 9:04am On Jan 06, 2023
Marpol:

UML?
Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by kingreign(m): 9:06am On Jan 06, 2023
symbianDON:
really enjoyed reading your travelogue except that the pictures were stopped. You write well. I love boat travels myself.

Thanks, I appreciate. cool
Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by obagofizzy(m): 9:07am On Jan 06, 2023
obiekunie01:

abeg i no wish to be in any of them!

you see that picture wey u post up there showing that huge body of water, to look at the pix self dey do me somehow!
talk more of being close to it in real life.

UNA DEY TRYOOO!
I swear , that picture just be like say the water Dey close , Me self no fit enter water for anything , if e pass small pool I no Dey

1 Like

Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by Envick: 9:07am On Jan 06, 2023
kingreign:

True.
How many minutes did the ride take
Re: My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar by kingreign(m): 9:08am On Jan 06, 2023
Envick:

How many minutes did the ride take
45mins via ferry on the average.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gas Tanker Falls Flat At Chevron Roundabout In Lekki Lagos / Six Dangers You Could Be Facing Daily, Living In Lagos / 3 Nigerians Faint On Turkish Plane As Air-conditioner Fails (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.