Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Divorced, Ready For A New Phase - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorced, Ready For A New Phase (3149 Views)

Divorced Woman In Court For Refusing To Leave Ex-husband’s House / 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying / Divorced Summed Up In Seven Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by oakson: 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2023
Klass99:

There's nothing wrong with your list, all your expectations are valid especially the last two (i.e. 4 & 5) May you find what you seek.

Amen...

I am still waiting on the almighty omniknowest to point out my insensibilities.... it appears he's still searching....

Thanks
Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Piptocoin: 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
frozen70:

I think your concern and interest now is to focus on how to look after your children and their future

Since their mum is no longer living with you guys, you have to play double roles

Searching for a financial stable woman shows that you can't even take care of those children needs

You really painted yourself as a good looking man, if that's what you are, then you don't need to advertise yourself

Forget about being in a hurry to get another woman

Go and arrange your self properly because you may have a bigger issue when another woman comes in, to fit into the shoes of trying to be there mother

Reality tastes like Alomo Bitters. I am not in the way of the Op seeking his heart's desires, but when he has sailed too far from the shores of truth he risks being lost in his imagination. Whoever attempts to fill the vacuum of his desires must by no means have a heart of leather knowing that mothering three step kids will drain such lady empty of her emotional reservoir and make her feel like an "upgraded nanny" rather than a wife. TheGoodAmerican has a point in his suggestion but that is not a constant. The Op is asking far too much and I'm sure he has not thought this through. You have also expressed the less admirable but significant aspects of his search. That notwithstanding, I wish him luck in his endeavour.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by SerikiFulani(m): 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2023
OP

A distant relative of mine,a divorcee with 5 kids got married to a single, virtuous, resourceful and super gorgeous nigerian woman.

Don't let anyone discourage you on here.

4 Likes

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by oakson: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
Piptocoin:

Reality tastes like Alomo Bitters. I am not in the way of the Op seeking his heart's desires, but when he has sailed too far from the shores of truth he risks being lost in his imagination. Whoever attempts to fill the vacuum of his desires must by no means have a heart of leather knowing that mothering three step kids will drain such lady empty of her emotional reservoir and make her feel like an "upgraded nanny" rather than a wife. TheGoodAmerican has a point in his suggestion but that is not a constant. The Op is asking far too much and I'm sure he has not thought this through. You have also expressed the less admirable but significant aspects of his search. That notwithstanding, I wish him luck in his endeavour.

I am struggling to believe you've chosen to rather be a prisoner of your vain and vague thoughts on others reality.... Let me help your perceived ignorance, and it's a favour from me to you, I rarely do!

Before, I untie the fetters of your ignorance, which obviously is the monster amongst your little idiosyncrasies... can you in plain terms highlight my expectations vis a vis the ones you are playing the role of a butt licker to, who in their lack of simple comprehension, has decided to run with it like a rottweiler!(apparently you're all under the same diagnosis).

You must be living in a stone age not to know that parenting has evolved from the prolonged slavery you've submerged your wife into(If you have one). Hence, your thoughts of me doing same to another man's daughter! Oh, what a pathetic soul you are!

I don't know the offense of your lineage, that has made God to curse them from having expectations. Simply put, you are doomed never to embrace change and hope for something good or better in life.

Obviously, I'm exempted from such garbage!

Lastly, I don't need your wishes, ok?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by oakson: 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2023
SerikiFulani:
OP

A distant relative of mine,a divorcee with 5 kids got married to a single, virtuous, resourceful and super gorgeous nigerian woman.

Don't let anyone discourage you on here.

Thank you for this...

They are all fools, I am ready for their airheads
Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by SerikiFulani(m): 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2023
oakson:

Thank you for this...

They are all fools, I am ready for their airheads

Don't be desperate.

You got all the qualities that makes a real man.

Be yourself smiley

2 Likes

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Kelechi009: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
Klass99:

Hmm......Kelechi, odiegwu! Why do you people assume the worse and always believe this will be the case in every situation?

My friend told me she prefers her step mother to her own mother and she has a better relationship with her step mother than her biological one.

If her step mother maltreated her she won't say that na. There are exceptions to the rule.

Okay cool.
Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Piptocoin: 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2023
oakson:

I am struggling to believe you've chosen to rather be a prisoner of your vain and vague thoughts on others reality.... Let me help your perceived ignorance, and it's a favour from me to you, I rarely do!

Before, I untie the fetters of your ignorance, which obviously is the monster amongst your little idiosyncrasies... can you in plain terms highlight my expectations vis a vis the ones you are playing the role of a butt licker to, who in their lack of simple comprehension, has decided to run with it like a rottweiler!(apparently you're all under the same diagnosis).

You must be living in a stone age not to know that parenting has evolved from the prolonged slavery you've submerged your wife into(If you have one). Hence, your thoughts of me doing same to another man's daughter! Oh, what a pathetic soul you are!

I don't know the offense of your lineage, that has made God to curse them from having expectations. Simply put, you are doomed never to embrace change and hope for something good or better in life.

Why are you pugnacious over the innocuous sentiment of a faceless man in the street? You seem to relish the exercise of punching the air. I am not your enemy; you are. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by oakson: 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
Piptocoin:

Why are you pugnacious over the innocuous sentiment of a faceless man in the street? You seem to relish the exercise of punching the air. I am not your enemy; you are. Peace.

Harmless, you say? Who were you referring to as someone trying to prey on unsuspecting folks online? I ignored your first(now reported) post, only to see the second repugnant vomit of yours again.

Since, you've thrown caution to the wind in all your posts on my thread.... I think it's all good you chew your gravel in peace!
Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Potch: 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
oakson:
I am in my early thirties. Dark and handsome, average height, witty, sporty, spontaneous, resourceful and lover of good dreams. Based in Lagos, a Christian from the southwest(tribe is not an issue to me),Father of 3 and comfortably doing ok above an average Nigerian. Need a working class or financially stable , educated lady that knows what it means to love and be loved!

N.B.: This is not a recent divorce!

I think you are in a wrong platform. You can't be asking those not married about marriage let alone about divorce. Talk to people who by the nature of their job meet everybody from all walks of life, pastors, imams, etc. The irony is there are many ladies who are ready to marry and settle down regardless of your status. Don't let the utterances of some neophytes on this platform discourage you. Good luck with your search.

1 Like

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by frozen70(f): 8:30pm On Jan 08, 2023
Piptocoin:

You have said it all

2 Likes

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2023
The man came looking for a wife but you people are offering what was never asked of you!!! Why are you guys (dickblockers) blocking his attempts

He never asked for advice but he asked for a wife ready to accept his faults and marry him! What’s with all these 2 cents everybody wants to drop
Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by oakson: 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2023
Dimples2022:
The man came looking for a wife but you people are offering what was never asked of you!!! Why are you guys (dickblockers) blocking his attempts

He never asked for advice but he asked for a wife ready to accept his faults and marry him! What’s with all these 2 cents everybody wants to drop

My sister I tire o grin grin grin
Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
oakson:

My sister I tire o grin grin grin

I’m not going to lie, I’m enjoying your roast but some people are taking it too far. You deserve what you want and can’t no miserable people take that from you. You could meet your someone but these bitter people don’t want that LOL!?
Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by LotaTee: 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thanks to this thread, I had a good laugh tonight. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by oakson: 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2023
Dimples2022:

I’m not going to lie, I’m enjoying your roast but some people are taking it too far. You deserve what you want and can’t no miserable people take that from you. You could meet your someone but these bitter people don’t want that LOL!?

Very miserable people, it's obvious many of them are going through stuffs in real life. But, they won't just admit it. They derive orgasms from being trolls... and you know what? Trolls are pests. We have dominion over them!

They can't stop me... I will surely get my dream woman!

Hope your sabbath was great?
Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Neptunium(m): 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2023
After u done born 3kids u dey find somebody's daughter to do wetin wit? U are mad. Nobody wants used toilet paper. Na ur type dey feel entitled to virgins after u don sleep wit everything in skirt.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Ishilove: 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
oakson:

Guy...guy... This your English! If I was still single i for DM you just for the sake of the English alone. See as you just dey finger my brain cheesy

Who are your favourite writers (African and non-African)?
Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by oakson: 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ishilove:

Guy...guy... This your English! If I was still single i for DM you just for the sake of the English alone. See as you just dey finger my brain cheesy

Who are your favourite writers (African and non-African)?

grin grin grin
no mind me, pikin wey say hin mama no go sleep, him sef go kukuma hear am...

In no particular order, I USED to like the works of

1. George Eliot
2. leo Tolstoy
3. James Hardley Chase
4. Charles Dicken

But, now I do more of motivational/inspirational

1. Myles Munroe
2. James Dobson
3. Rick Warren
4. Bruce Wilkinson

and some great home (African)writers!

Presently reading Why Nations Fail By Daron Acemoglu and James A. Robinson

2 Likes

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Piptocoin: 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2023
oakson:

Harmless, you say? Who were you referring to as someone trying to prey on unsuspecting folks online? I ignored your first(now reported) post, only to see the second repugnant vomit of yours again.

Since, you've thrown caution to the wind in all your posts on my thread.... I think it's all good you chew your gravel in peace!

Now I see the comment of mine that has galvanized your irrational volcanic eruption. Since the meaning of my first post has been unable to penetrate your mind like water on the back of a duck it is needless to offer you clarity. Furthermore, your vituperation has lost its purpose on me. Unlike you, I am not chockfull of acrimonious bile waiting to slip at the slightest hint of antagonism. Nah, I won't smear you with dirt because I have none to give.

5 Likes

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Ishilove: 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
oakson:

grin grin grin
no mind me, pikin wey say hin mama no go sleep, him sef go kukuma hear am...

In no particular order, I USED to like the works of

1. George Eliot
2. leo Tolstoy
3. James Hardley Chase
4. Charles Dicken

But, now I do more of motivational/inspirational

1. Myles Munroe
2. James Dobson
3. Rick Warren
4. Bruce Wilkinson

and some great home (African)writers!

Presently reading Why Nations Fail By Daron Acemoglu and James A. Robinson
I was thinking I'll see Achebe, Soyinka et al I'm your African list, but Tolstoy and Eliot are not bad. In hindsight, Hadley Chase has very good stories but his prose, not very strong. They are uncomplicated, except for a few that went deep like Malory and There's a Hippie on The Highway, which ironically was one of his early stories.

I'm not one for motivational books. Their prose is often too bland to hold my attention. I'm all about the style of the prose, which is why Stephen King is one of my all time favorites. I'm currently on Thinner and boy, am i on a journey! cheesy

I have a lot of his books in my collection but I don't have the time to go through them. I never thought the day will come when I will not have the time to read. There was a time in my life when all I ever did was read, but that time is long gone. Now I'm all about the cheddar grin

I see your interests shifted, and you are now more about the actual intricacies of society rather than their fictionalisation. Life does that to ya. wink

Sorry I'm derailing your thread o. Ma bi nu
Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by oakson: 11:51pm On Jan 08, 2023
Piptocoin:

Now I see the comment of mine that has galvanized your irrational volcanic eruption. Since the meaning of my first post has been unable to penetrate your mind like water on the back of a duck it is needless to offer you clarity. Furthermore, your vituperation has lost its purpose on me. Unlike you, I am not chockfull of acrimonious bile waiting to slip at the slightest hint of antagonism. Nah, I won't smear you with dirt because I have none to give.

Coming from a cretin, whose core expertise is to proliferate sane quarters with crass ludicrousy and gross eccentricities!

I need to know the environment that bred a dunce and contemptible soul like you. Not for anything but for UNESCO to adopt it as a World Heritage Site for rearing slowpokes & dumbassess!

Highly pitiful is the fact that you also engage fake and parody accounts too... that shows how ignominious and contagious your foolishness is!

You deserve a medal!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by oakson: 12:10am On Jan 09, 2023
Ishilove:

I was thinking I'll see Achebe, Soyinka et al I'm your African list, but Tolstoy and Eliot are not bad. In hindsight, Hadley Chase has very good stories but his prose, not very strong. They are uncomplicated, except for a few that went deep like Malory and There's a Hippie on The Highway, which ironically was one of his early stories.

I'm not one for motivational books. Their prose is often too bland to hold my attention. I'm all about the style of the prose, which is why Stephen King is one of my all time favorites. I'm currently on Thinner and boy, am i on a journey! cheesy

I believe no single African reader wouldn't love the works of Achebe, Soyinka, Osundare, Thiong'o, et al, though we could be sentimental in placing one above the other. We love them all... hence, my deliberate omission of their names!

I see your interests shifted, and you are now more about the actual intricacies of society rather than their fictionalisation. Life does that to ya. wink

lol... exactly, I think it only natural to change our desires when life demands more or other from us. You really got me big time... I see, you can effortlessly pick a burnt grain amongst millions of brown grains(insight).

Sorry I'm derailing your thread o. Ma bi nu

Not at all, preferable to some zombies and I've got my missiles ready... Kill 'em all!

2 Likes

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Magnoliaa(f): 10:46am On Jan 09, 2023
oakson:
Very miserable people, it's obvious many of them are going through stuffs in real life. But, they won't just admit it. They derive orgasms from being trolls... and you know what? Trolls are pests. We have dominion over them!

They can't stop me... I will surely get my dream woman!

Hope your sabbath was great?

I hope ( NOTE; "I hope" ) you are certainly not one of these guys here, but in other skins. smiley

This is certainly not the first time I'll be seeing something like this here, after all...one just came, some months ago, ohhh, and he has a daughter too. I remember now. And he was looking for a woman or something like that, but he was supposedly ashamed, or so he said, because he has posted nonsense about women many times and trolled them.

If that's not the same with your case, then I wish you goodluck...

1 Like

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Magnoliaa(f): 10:53am On Jan 09, 2023
Women are really good people sha. cheesy

God knows.

Very good...and I salute all of you capping for this OP and defending him, and I do not say this in a sarcastic or insulting manner...

2 Likes

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Magnoliaa(f): 11:11am On Jan 09, 2023
pocohantas:
There is nothing to say OP can’t have or shouldn’t desire a single woman. From his opening post, he didn’t even specify, so why are you guys assuming and attacking him? Uche Ogbodo just remarried and I saw ladies hailing her husband as a real man. Let’s extend the same grace to men too.

Lmao, men have always gotten that grace, by the way. Always. Classic one is the Malignant dude or whatever.

They can be hypocritical to any levels they wanted, and their fellow men will still find excuses for that.

I am sure the number of women that hailed Uche's husband pales in comparison to the men that dragged her.

Just a few people are dragging this OP, and that itself is even an exception where threads of these kind are concerned.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by pocohantas(f): 11:21am On Jan 09, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Lmao, men have always gotten that grace, by the way. Always. Classic one is the Malignant dude or whatever.

They can be hypocritical to any levels they wanted, and their fellow men will still find excuses for that.

I am sure the number of women that hailed Uche's husband pales in comparison to the men that dragged her.

Just a few people are dragging this OP, and that itself is even an exception where threads of these kind are concerned.

The ones on IG weren’t even toxic. But we know Nairaland is always different and I think it has to do with the age, anonymity and most especially class of people found across these platforms.

Anyway, I wasn’t speaking of generally. Let’s extend the same grace to them here. That is o was, my point.

2 Likes

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by oakson: 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
Magnoliaa:

I hope ( NOTE; "I hope" ) you are certainly not one of these guys here, but in other skins. smiley

This is certainly not the first time I'll be seeing something like this here, after all...one just came, some months ago, ohhh, and he has a daughter too. I remember now. And he was looking for a woman or something like that, but he was supposedly ashamed, or so he said, because he has posted nonsense about women many times and trolled them.

If that's not the same with your case, then I wish you goodluck...

I really don't understand your question... do you mean trolls, male chauvinist, redpillers?

I'm an advocate and a believer of the Golden Rule!

Cheers to your wishes!

1 Like

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by oakson: 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2023
Magnoliaa:

grin
Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by theredaddy: 1:45pm On Jan 09, 2023
Magnoliaa:

kini wii undecided
Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Aurelius1(m): 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
oakson:

does it really cost a fortune to mind your business and get busier if need be?

You may think he's talking nonsense but he's saying the truth. It would be difficult getting a woman without kids to love your 3 kids as her own. Even women who had kid(s) in their earlier relationships often maltreat their step kids. My cousin is a living witness. The woman came into the marriage with 2 kids she had in an earlier relationship. My cousin had 4 kids before they met while she had 2. They have a daughter together. This woman made sure my cousin sent his own children away from the house while her own remained. To cut long story short, she finally divorced him after he lost his job and fell sick..................
.this is not meant to discourage you because who knows, you might just be lucky to meet a good woman. Good luck in your search.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorced, Ready For A New Phase by Magnoliaa(f): 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
oakson:
Grace is available to all(male and female), not even now that the society has awoken to a paradigm shift in ideologies! Printed everywhere are stories of men and women who got their lives interpreted by grace beyond their disgraces!

I believe hypocrisy is not gender based. We should stop at nothing in being a staunch expression of our convictions. Should we also shy away from the fact that people should be free to express their fears, worries, dreams and aspirations online, without the fear of being bashed?

I support a social media that is pristine and soothing to the soul, not the one riddled with bile and bitterness!

As a matter of fact, it's been long I posted on this forum, but I frequently visit(kinda addicted).
I still have friends in my circle I met here for over a decade now(My old account is not accessible), I mean people we've dined and wined together. Still showed all the bitter comments going on here to one yesterday... and we shrugged it off!

...the fact is some NL oldies don't come here anymore(atleast the ones I know)!

Yh, kul stori. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Married And Mature Advice Pls / Man Divorces Wife Because She Refused Sex On Their Wedding Night While Chatting / Nairaland Easter Giveaway 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.