Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It (18202 Views)

Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions / Oil Subsidy Must End, Peter Obi Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by shonepa(m): 6:13am On Jan 09, 2023
How na bro.....hes not even close. The reality is Obi is the option we have now. If he wins, in the nearest future political parties will start putting out greater minds to contest.

Hopefully he wins sha, if not......OTILO
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by Macgyver1: 6:22am On Jan 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:
It's either you watched a different town hall meeting or you're being dishonest

She watched that of Bala blu, bulaba, blu blu
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by CheapHomes1: 6:23am On Jan 09, 2023
Kobonaire234:

The way this lad quotes me, I have taken residence in his head...

Let me see if I can make him quote me again...wow, I never knew I had such power to make people quote me.

Are you done editing my posts?

How did you arrive at your definition of subsidy? How is this the meaning of subsidy...."Subsidy means that we set the price of fuel below what it costs to produce because of poor Nigerians".

How is Nigeria importing fuel because of subsidy?

How does lack of the profit you talked about cause

1.Sabotage...for more free government money

2.More and more corruption.

How do Saudi Arabia and UAE earn far more revenue than we do?
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by CheapHomes1: 6:26am On Jan 09, 2023
Kobonaire234:

At the end, your tinubu supports it, so that means something

Also, this argument you have made, has been made over and over again since the 1980's. And at the end , we keep on pushing forward a decision that should have been made ages ago.

We are not earning the kind of money that we can pay for subsidy anymore. And if subsidy on diesel and kerosene had not gone, we would have been spending all our earnings on subsidy by now...and using loans to finance our budget in its entierty, and paying for subsidy with some loans self.

It is time subsidy went.

If nigeria isn't earning the kind of money that we can pay for subsidy anymore, where is it getting the 30billion it's paying to senators as severance?

Where is subsidy coming from and where is it going?
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 09, 2023
CheapHomes1:

If nigeria isn't earning the kind of money that we can pay for subsidy anymore, where is it getting the 30billion it's paying to senators as severance?

Ah, it is good to have so much power over one person....
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by tunjijones(m): 6:28am On Jan 09, 2023
Racoon:
Subsidy gulps N150 billion every month.” N150 billion is still less than the N200 billion monthly transport bonus bill the regime will pay to 400 million Nigerians. In other words, Nigeria will spend more money on transport bonus to an amorphous, unidentifiable, and probably cooked-up 40 million poor Nigerians than the subsidies it says it pays on petroleum subsidies, which it says are too expensive to be sustainable. That makes absolutely no sense.

The last time the Buhari regime increased fuel prices last year, it said it had completely done away with fuel subsidies and had left the price of petrol to the vagaries of demand and supply. Now, the regime’s honchos say again that the subsidy they said they’d completely removed, for which there was no allocation in the 2021 budget, must be removed again! ....." https://gazettengr.com/farooq-kperogi-same-old-cruel-lies-to-justify-fuel-price-hike/

You don't really understand the fuel subsidy bull shit.

Provided the dollar keeps appreciating against naira, there will be subsidy. That's why all these nonsense about removing subsidy is not realistic.

The realistic thing to do is to make sure Nigeria stop importing petrol into the country.

The govt shd find a way to refine the petroleum products here.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 09, 2023
CheapHomes1:

You are an oppressor. You support oppressors in making the poor suffer. Subsidy helps the poor , you want the poor to suffer...

So he said.

Now, I command thee, quote me many times...

Many many times...

Muahahahahahahahhahahaha
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by CheapHomes1: 6:29am On Jan 09, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Wow, I did not know I had such powers.

I didn't know that I had the powers that will force you to edit my post, change my words and put in your own words. If I may ask, what was your intention?

If you could that, then what is the guarantee that all you have been saying about fuel subsidy is true? Doesn't it show that you have a talent for presenting falsehood as truth?
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 09, 2023
CheapHomes1:

I didn't know that I had the powers that will force you to edit my post, change my words and put in your own words. If Isy ask, what was your intention?

If you could that, then what is the guarantee that all you have been saying about fuel subsidy is true? Doesn't it show that you have a talent for presenting falsehood as truth?

Quote me again, Zardana commands you.
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by benqo01(m): 6:31am On Jan 09, 2023
YESTERDAY I WATCHED D TOWN HALL MEETING OF PO AND AHMED AND I MUST SAY THESE ARE TWO MEN WITH GREAT VISION FOR THIS COUNTRY.

PO AND AHMED ARE THE TWO PEOPLE WE NEED NOW TO MOVE THIS COUNTRY FORWARD.
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by CheapHomes1: 6:31am On Jan 09, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Ah, it is good to have so much power over one person....

So why can't you use the powess to answer the questions?

Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by Paullo19: 6:31am On Jan 09, 2023
CheapHomes1:

It's unfortunate that many of you just accept everything you hear hook, line and sinker. Obi said "But I can assure you, it will go immediately. Subsidy – I’ve said it before – is organised crime and I will not allow it to stay a day longer.”

Did subsidy make itself an organized crime? Who is making it an organized crime? Is it by removing it that it will no longer be an organized crime?

U should ask urslf those questions
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by CheapHomes1: 6:32am On Jan 09, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Quote me again, Zardana commands you.

Won't you edit my posts? Has your power to edit my post fizzled out?
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 09, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Quote me again.... wink
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by CheapHomes1: 6:33am On Jan 09, 2023
Paullo19:

U should ask urslf those questions

Why should I ask myself. Am asking you. I thought you said obi was making sense. If you say he was making sense then you shouldn't be scared of the questions. Did subsidy make itself an organized crime? Who is making it an organized crime? Is it by removing it that it will no longer be an organized crime?
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 09, 2023
CheapHomes1:

You are an oppressor and you want Nigerians to suffer!

Ah, the mask slippeth

Quote me again, I command you
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by CheapHomes1: 6:35am On Jan 09, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Ah, the mask slippeth

Quote me again, I command you

I didn't know that I had the powers that will force you to edit my post, change my words and put in your own words. If Isy ask, what was your intention?

Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by CheapHomes1: 6:35am On Jan 09, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Quote me again.... wink

Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by SILVERLINES: 6:36am On Jan 09, 2023
ganisucks:
Rubbish. You'll do no such thing.
I watched the townhall today, and I must say, it was a poor display of two men who are as alien to each other like North Korea is indifferent to Switzerland. The President and his vice are complete cross opposites of each other. And they made it blazingly clear that they are in disagreement over some hidden issue unbeknownst to the public.

This is my personal appraisal of their performance at the townhall

Overall: 40%

Grammar: 35%

Presentation: 38%

Understanding and comprehension: 39%

Dissemination of information: 40%

As you may know public speaking or presentations is not about jumping into a man's car or opening legs in a hotel room, so it very difficult for you to comprehend
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by Ahmad555: 6:36am On Jan 09, 2023
Paullo19:

U just lack understanding.

Phew!
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by OyinO: 6:36am On Jan 09, 2023
Then you'll be the greatest Presido Nigeria has ever had.
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 09, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Keep quoting me, I command thee... grin
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 09, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Keep quoting me... wink
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by Chopcy29: 6:37am On Jan 09, 2023
ganisucks:
I watched the townhall today, and I must say, it was a poor display of two men who are as alien to each other like North Korea is indifferent to Switzerland. The President and his vice are complete cross opposites of each other. And they made it blazingly clear that they are in disagreement over some hidden issue unbeknownst to the public.

You dey your room dey judge people wey pass you a billion time just because you have a phone and Internet. So everything they said there non enter your dirty brain, na to rate them you know
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by nedekid: 6:38am On Jan 09, 2023
ican2020:
You and your fellow presidential candidates should stop all this childish talk

Tinubu of APC said the same thing and some people where praising him just as people we rush to praise you

What is subsidy?

You shunned the root cause of fuel crisis and focused on chasing shadows

Is there any major top 10 oil producing country in the world that is importing refined fuel for their local consumption, the answer is no

So, why are we importing refined fuel instead of refining it locally and exporting both crude and refined fuel to other countries

If any of you must remove subsidy, you must first remove the monopoly in refine fuel importation

Nigerians and business owners who are interested in importing fuel must be allowed to do as long as they can import products that meets minimum standard and also have the facility to store them before distribution

Take the case of GSM handsets, when it was first introduced, ordinary Nokia touch light cost over 40k but when many Nigerians dived into the importation of handsets, prices of phone crashes

Same thing will happen to fuel if government will for once consider Nigerians plight, remove the monopoly of NNPC, allow more players to import fuel into the market, price will fall below 100 naira
I think it is the same thing being said, the only difference is that he is a politician that wishes to win an election and has to be subtle in statements while you are not.
Comming from his entrepreneural background, I am sure obi knows your point of the monopoly of Nnpc and opening up the market to competition.
On the other hand that might not be easy because I heard dangote allegedly sponsored some sort of legal agreement where only him will have exclusive right to import refined petroleum products at the commencement of production in his refinary.
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by CheapHomes1: 6:41am On Jan 09, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Keep quoting me, I command thee... grin

Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by shedy03(m): 6:41am On Jan 09, 2023
ganisucks:

Let's have the candidate of APC, and then you do this your analysis.
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by OyinO: 6:41am On Jan 09, 2023
ican2020:
You and your fellow presidential candidates should stop all this childish talk

Tinubu of APC said the same thing and some people where praising him just as people we rush to praise you

What is subsidy?

You shunned the root cause of fuel crisis and focused on chasing shadows

Is there any major top 10 oil producing country in the world that is importing refined fuel for their local consumption, the answer is no

So, why are we importing refined fuel instead of refining it locally and exporting both crude and refined fuel to other countries

If any of you must remove subsidy, you must first remove the monopoly in refine fuel importation

Nigerians and business owners who are interested in importing fuel must be allowed to do as long as they can import products that meets minimum standard and also have the facility to store them before distribution

Take the case of GSM handsets, when it was first introduced, ordinary Nokia touch light cost over 40k but when many Nigerians dived into the importation of handsets, prices of phone crashes

Same thing will happen to fuel if government will for once consider Nigerians plight, remove the monopoly of NNPC, allow more players to import fuel into the market, price will fall below 100 naira

You're even worse than the man you're criticising and trying to correct. Which sane country producing crude oil and gas do you see importing petroleum byproducts? You're begging for the number of fuel importers to be increased? What happened to domestic refining, industrialisation and employment of workforce?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by CheapHomes1: 6:42am On Jan 09, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Keep quoting me... wink

I didn't know that I had the powers that will force you to edit my post, change my words & put in your own words. If I may ask, what was your intention?

Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by CheapHomes1: 6:43am On Jan 09, 2023
benqo01:
YESTERDAY I WATCHED D TOWN HALL MEETING OF PO AND AHMED AND I MUST SAY THESE ARE TWO MEN WITH GREAT VISION FOR THIS COUNTRY.

PO AND AHMED ARE THE TWO PEOPLE WE NEED NOW TO MOVE THIS COUNTRY FORWARD.

Their take on fuel subsidy is zero just like every other presidential candidate
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by zeestone99(m): 6:44am On Jan 09, 2023
ganisucks:

Ok. Can we have atiku, sowore and tinubu's score of campaign
Re: Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It by basork: 6:45am On Jan 09, 2023
ganisucks:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/01/08/its-organised-crime-obi-vows-to-remove-subsidy/

Subsidy removal is not the root cause but non functioning of the refineries or new investment in the refining sector, which was actually addressed by AA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gridlock In Zamfara As Supporters Storm Streets Ahead Of Atiku’s Visit (Pictures / Ndigbo In South-Africa Protests Against Fulani Attack In Enugu. / Attacks: We Won’t Leave Nigeria, Say Oil Firms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.