Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. (42035 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad / A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) / The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by Mercury12(m): 11:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
When you get there establish yourself. Work and share bills 50/50. Y'all aren't in Africa anymore not bound to our way in Africa...
When you guys are ready to get married in UK then opt for a prenup

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by ugbarreta(m): 11:44pm On Jan 11, 2023
ArcFresky:

she no lie, but get ready to work and shoulder bills..
like 98% of your earning, naa tax, rent, bills and school fees go chop am...

Abi u think say you no go help am with fees? grin grin grin, make she sharply deport u...

You lie! Who tell you say 98% of his earnings will go into bills and tax? Kai!! People can talk Wetin dem no know shaa.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by VULCAN(m): 12:29am On Jan 12, 2023
You are very wrong

She can only work 20hrs.

He can work as much as he likes

sketcherJ:
you people keep saying dependent. Dependent means he won’t be able to work over there right? Or am I wrong? Please enlighten me if I am

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by BhadRuby01(m): 12:30am On Jan 12, 2023
Wahala
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by VULCAN(m): 12:34am On Jan 12, 2023
You have just displayed your ignorance for all to see.

She is on a study visa.

So if she stops schooling, her visa gets revoked and she will be deported.

Pls stick to advising people in areas you know something about so that the advice go get head

Dshocker:

I will advise you first go to school, while she works full time.

It is way better if you are ahead of her, so there will be respect.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by Nonywendy(m): 12:36am On Jan 12, 2023
ersonleads:
recently, so she doesn't know much
let her ask around na, pple can bring their partners over
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by ednut1(m): 12:51am On Jan 12, 2023
zumbigbo:

My own cousin dey para when she struggled to adjust to work to pay bills lifestyle after coming from naija at 20 yrs. She then re-japa'd back to abuja and managed to tag one minister in a new generation church - this minister was preaching he dey virgin and he is looking for princess. Because she schooled in Uk for a few teenage years, she formed one funny accent to scream sophistication. Na lie, anyone who knows correct UK diction can differentiate between the real and fake.

Anyway, she married this minister and scattered his church in 4 years sotey he banished her from the church and moved out himself from the marital home.

So, in short, my brother, be wise - because Uk relationship can quickly turn jail if you no sharp and the woman is wicked
lol
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by ednut1(m): 12:54am On Jan 12, 2023
SocialJustice:
The girl is a student so he qualifies as a partner.
false. He only qualifies as common law if she declared him when she applied
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by emyreal1010(m): 2:16am On Jan 12, 2023
This is the best and only way you can come to her ,she’s supposed to know this if she’s in the Uk ,if she’s a student I mean international student she’s entitled to bring along her dependent which mean she can come with you as her husband and also come with her children if she can proof you are legally married I mean a marriage certificate from the court,but as you said she’s here already in Uk so she has to apply for a skilled worker visa which is the tier 2 visa and she can only get that if she’s a medical professional or she’s a career with the tier 2 visa she can bring you as her husband
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by fkj950ax(m): 2:35am On Jan 12, 2023
ersonleads:
Hello, please I need to know how to go about going to UK as my girlfriend schools & work there.
I work in a reputable company in Nigeria but also having plans to Japa soon. We are actually planning of me going soon so I can work full time while she schools & work. Please I need una help oooo, cos my babe dey talk say if I dey with her, life go dey more easy over there.

Dude, living and working in Nigeria is hard.
Going abroad and earning a living is hard.

The question is which of the two hard above do you think will pay you better in future?
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by Enemyofpeace: 3:04am On Jan 12, 2023
See as I dey look you, I just dey pity you.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by jimpix11: 3:15am On Jan 12, 2023
School fees hustler undecided
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by Caseless: 3:25am On Jan 12, 2023
ersonleads:
Hello, please I need to know how to go about going to UK as my girlfriend schools & work there.
I work in a reputable company in Nigeria but also having plans to Japa soon. We are actually planning of me going soon so I can work full time while she schools & work. Please I need una help oooo, cos my babe dey talk say if I dey with her, life go dey more easy over there.
you wan leave a reputable job in Nigeria to japa to go and meet girlfriend in the UK and work there? You wan test... You go learn.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by latolz: 3:42am On Jan 12, 2023
Prepare for stress and grade a quarelling. You go work tire make money but you go know how far..the system sucks you..
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by highoctane: 4:32am On Jan 12, 2023
ersonleads:
Boss, I know all these things. Working to shoulder bills isn't a problem. How do we go about it?

You have won the prize for the craziest Nigerian for 2023.
Just because your medicine is out of stock.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by MrSensor(m): 4:51am On Jan 12, 2023
mbahdi:
Save journey

Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by litaninja(m): 5:13am On Jan 12, 2023
You want to leave naija, solely for the purpose of going to work to foot the bills of your girlfriend that doesn't have a full visa yet in uk?

Lmao

ednut1:
marriage then she files for you. You sure say this babe dey find husband or who go pay bills.there are lots of 9ja babes who went abroad but dont agree with the working to pay bills lifestyle. They are used to men sponsoring them in Nigeria. Be wise
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by ZUBY77(m): 5:37am On Jan 12, 2023
ersonleads:

You are really planning to mortgage your young life this early.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by chibnnodi: 5:42am On Jan 12, 2023
ersonleads:

It's easy. Ask her to inform you. You don't need rigorous wahala because she's given the admission not you.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by benjanny(m): 6:28am On Jan 12, 2023
I have no idea
but best of Luck bro
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by etel124(m): 6:46am On Jan 12, 2023
Please i will like to know...how many percent does tax and bills take up from your monthly pay...?
ugbarreta:

You lie! Who tell you say 98% of his earnings will go into bills and tax? Kai!! People can talk Wetin dem no know shaa.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by ekhai(m): 7:31am On Jan 12, 2023
ersonleads:
she's not that type bro. Shes actually looking for job at the moment. The thing is there's power an energy to achieve a lot of things in two people. This is a babe I seriously wanna get married to. Na she dey urge me to come over sef. I'm asking this question, so I can know where to start from.
IF YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT LEGALLY MARRIED, SHE CAN'T INVITE YOU. THE ALTERNATIVE IS FOR YOU TO GET ADMISSION INTO ANY UK UNIVERSITY AND APPLY FOR VISA AFTER SATISFYING ALL THE CONDITIONS FOR STUDENT'S VISA.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by Stillcruzo: 7:50am On Jan 12, 2023
Bro, let me add my 50p for you. first of all your gf is on a student visa and which means she's only allowed to work 20hrs a week. With a 20hrs a week job that means she can't earn much and needs you to support her. Let's assume she's earning £14 an hour which I doubt! That will sum to £280 a week and £1120 a month b4 tax and after-tax £896. Averagely £400 will go towards her rent which is like a shared accomodation of a room and take that out of £896 she's left with £496. Transportation a month will be about £200, feeding £100 or even more, and whatever other bills she has she's left with nothing after all and which means she might be struggling to make ends meet. All this excluding saving for her study I'm just assuming someone is taking care of that.
So if you come in, you will need to take a bigger apartment and the average 1-bed house is about £900 a month minus all your bill if not more depending on which side of the UK you will be staying. It will be a big struggle but pays off in the end, after she finished her study and you are both working. So just know you are coming to work very very hard till she finished her study.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by Stillcruzo: 7:51am On Jan 12, 2023
ekhai:
IF YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT LEGALLY MARRIED, SHE CAN'T INVITE YOU. THE ALTERNATIVE IS FOR YOU TO GET ADMISSION INTO ANY UK UNIVERSITY AND APPLY FOR VISA AFTER SATISFYING ALL THE CONDITIONS FOR STUDENT'S VISA.

She can invite him bro..under civil partnership or dependant.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by Stillcruzo: 7:53am On Jan 12, 2023
ZUBY77:

You are really planning to mortgage your young life this early.

All for love and in other words I agreed with you.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by ogbolu0147(m): 8:10am On Jan 12, 2023
ersonleads:

Bro disregard any negative comment, these people would jump head to toes if they where in your shoes.. I am happy he have a girl who is ready to hustle the future with you.. and this combination would help you guys survive and plan a wonderful family.
I think she would need to come back so you guys can do a legal wedding at the registry, after that maybe she would start the process over there with the marraige certificate.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by cedeki(m): 8:40am On Jan 12, 2023
When she applied for her study visa did, she include as her partner or husband if yes, you are one step ahead but if not then you need to apply for study visa too because that's the only leverage you can use to stay a bit longer until you find a way to get permanent residency.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by Exceed15: 9:08am On Jan 12, 2023
Think twice before we hear stories that touches.
Re: Traveling To Meet My Girlfriend In UK. by SocialJustice: 9:28am On Jan 12, 2023
Anonymous1992:
there is no where he claimed to be a legal partner.
“Partner for mouth no be partner for certificate”
Partner is not subject to marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan / Russian Jet Crash: Plane Carrying 71 'breaks Up' In Moscow Sky – 'no Survivors'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.