Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History (46214 Views)

Satanic Temple Opening In 5 Cities In Nigeria In 2 Months / Daddy Freeze: Prosperity Doctrine Is Fraudulent & Satanic From The Pits Of Hell / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by slickgirl: 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2023
Hope they have invited Edo Witches?

1 Like

Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Nickymezor(f): 6:35pm On Jan 11, 2023
Demonic gathering undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2023
Nickymezor:
Demonic gathering undecided lipsrsealed
Where you see demons? undecided

1 Like

Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Nickymezor(f): 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Where you see demons? undecided
Satan is a demon now
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by deebrownneymar: 7:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
Eviana:

At the bolded, the U.S. (as a whole) has become very accomodating of Islam...no stifling being done. There is no war on Islam.

With all due respect, I see several challenges and errors in the rest of your comments, but you have a right to them.

You have a right to your erroneous opinions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by deebrownneymar: 7:44pm On Jan 11, 2023
sircatherine45:

I swear you know absolutely NOTHING about religion!

You’re prolly dumb
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Ever8090: 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
Hendrixky:

You know the truth and the painful thing you will never know that you were not smart enough to realise that God and Satan is a mirage
You are gonna grow old and die with the dumbness

But don't worry! Your children children are gonna be smart enough to realise the truth and call you thier father or grandchildren dumb for not being able to think
my joy is that, the privilege I have to have such a wonderful and direct experience with my God is very rare and uncommon mankind.

I do piety you because you don't even belong anywhere,.
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Hendrixky: 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2023
Ever8090:
my joy is that, the privilege I have to have such a wonderful and direct experience with my God is very rare and uncommon mankind.

I do piety you because you don't even belong anywhere,.

Hahaha
Still laughing at you ....same way your children children will laugh at you....that their father wasn't smart

See let me tell you the experience you had was a coincidence....there is no God

I just hope I have opportunity to see you so I can open your human wisdom
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by sircatherine45(m): 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2023
deebrownneymar:

You’re prolly dumb
same as your leaked brain.
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by deebrownneymar: 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
sircatherine45:

same as your leaked brain.

You mean your dumb dad’s leaking brain. Eya!
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Theunbothered: 7:40am On Jan 12, 2023
olaeffect:

https://www.history.com/topics/1960s/satanism

Read the above carefully, then get back to me.

The basic tenant of Satanism is: Satan is a commendable insurgent offering humans wisdom.

Insurgent to who?

Just the typical daft religious Nigerian who reads things halfway and out of context like their pastors. undecided

The person you're quoting wasn't a "Satanist" and died 70 years before "Satanism" existed as a purported religion.
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by LordReed(m): 9:19am On Jan 12, 2023
Nazgul:
This one they're saying they would put on masks are the locals safe?

I understand the Boston city council's fears, a gathering of that magnitude on masks in the night can lead to something else.

As in N95 and surgical masks because of Corona, not fancy masks to hide identity.
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by LordReed(m): 9:31am On Jan 12, 2023
Ellasure:

Are you reading the same Bible as everyone?

Fyi, the book of job chapter 1 to chapter 2 ending. When satan put Job to trial of faith. Satan killed all Job children. Likewise in many other passages where satan contested with God or man and satan has something to prove he killed wantonly without regard.

So please check your Bible well and confirm that these relevant stories have not been removed by the vendor of your Bible.

Regards.

Where else in the Bible does it say Satan killed someone?
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Eviana(f): 3:24pm On Jan 12, 2023
LordReed:

Where else in the Bible does it say Satan killed someone?

Job 1:12 (KJV)

"And the Iord said unto Satan, behold, all that he hath is in your power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord."

The whole 1st chapter of Job is really good to read.

1 Peter 5:8 (KJV)
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour."

John 10:10 (KJV)
"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I am come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly."

This only makes sense IF you look at it spiritually and by faith believe it. IF you believe that there exists a spiritual world of "God/Creator--satan/adversary", "good/ evil", "life/death", "eternity/damnation".

Mr. Reed, you have proven to be an intellectual person (despite your deep theatrics at times), based on my past interactions with you.
You were even correct on the "mask" issue that you replied to the other poster on this thread.

However, wisdom means that you can deduce that satan has a mission (kill in all forms- spiritually, mentally, emotionally and the cherry on top- physically) and has accomplished it extremely well, I might add throughout the generations.
When we, as humans, decide that we don' t want the Lord, then we give ourselves--by default-- over to the enemy. He-- the enemy-- then takes over your life and does with it what he truly desires in the end-- permanent separation from the Lord--regardless of how it's done. You can be alive-- but dead spiritually--.
God= life, satan= death...simply put.
Hope you don't mind me replying you.

Ms. Eviana
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by olaeffect(m): 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2023
Theunbothered:

Just the typical daft religious Nigerian who reads things halfway and out of context like their pastors. undecided

The person you're quoting wasn't a "Satanist" and died 70 years before "Satanism" existed as a purported religion.

I rest my case. Since everyone is daft in your own view, what more do you think you can learn.
Sent you a whole BBC research document that quoted and referenced over 50 authors and historical scripts around the world, and the only thing you can deduce is Nigerian pastors that was not referencd or mentioned anywhere in the report and one referencd author that you claimed died before modern day satanism.

Weldone grin
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by LordReed(m): 7:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
Eviana:

Job 1:12 (KJV)

"And the Iord said unto Satan, behold, all that he hath is in your power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord."

The whole 1st chapter of Job is really good to read.

1 Peter 5:8 (KJV)
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour."

John 10:10 (KJV)
"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I am come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly."

This only makes sense IF you look at it spiritually and by faith believe it. IF you believe that there exists a spiritual world of "God/Creator--satan/adversary", "good/ evil", "life/death", "eternity/damnation".

Mr. Reed, you have proven to be an intellectual person (despite your deep theatrics at times), based on my past interactions with you.
You were even correct on the "mask" issue that you replied to the other poster on this thread.

However, wisdom means that you can deduce that satan has a mission (kill in all forms- spiritually, mentally, emotionally and the cherry on top- physically) and has accomplished it extremely well, I might add throughout the generations.
When we, as humans, decide that we don' t want the Lord, then we give ourselves--by default-- over to the enemy. He-- the enemy-- then takes over your life and does with it what he truly desires in the end-- permanent separation from the Lord--regardless of how it's done. You can be alive-- but dead spiritually--.
God= life, satan= death...simply put.
Hope you don't mind me replying you.

Ms. Eviana

This doesn't answer the the question. My question wasn't where in the Bible does it Satan can kill, it was where else in the the Bible does it say Satan killed someone. I am asking for a quote with direct wording.
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Eviana(f): 2:33am On Jan 13, 2023
LordReed:

This doesn't answer the the question. My question wasn't where in the Bible does it Satan can kill, it was where else in the the Bible does it say Satan killed someone. I am asking for a quote with direct wording.

Oh I definitely answered.....just not in the way you want or accept. Satan was indirectly responsible for Job's children dying......his livestock dying.....and would've killed Job if not for God.
If you are looking for a specific Bible person, that satan confronted and shot, beat to a bloody pulp, drugged, starved, stabbed, drowned, or said, "I'm gonna kill you," you will not get that as far as I have seen in the Word.
I'm sure the people whom satan has killed or has caused to lose their lives, gave themselves over to his spirit...
Remember, you have to be spiritually minded and have faith in God's word in order to understand spiritual things.

You be blessed....
Ms. Eviana
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by LordReed(m): 2:59am On Jan 13, 2023
Eviana:

Oh I definitely answered.....just not in the way you want or accept. Satan was indirectly responsible for Job's children dying......his livestock dying.....and would've killed Job if not for God.
If you are looking for a specific Bible person, that satan confronted and shot, beat to a bloody pulp, drugged, starved, stabbed, drowned, or said, "I'm gonna kill you," you will not get that as far as I have seen in the Word.
I'm sure the people whom satan has killed or has caused to lose their lives, gave themselves over to his spirit...
Remember, you have to be spiritually minded and have faith in God's word in order to understand spiritual things.

You be blessed....
Ms. Eviana

Exactly, nowhere else.

1 Like

Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Eviana(f): 3:08am On Jan 13, 2023
LordReed:

Exactly, nowhere else.

So your point would be.......?
Just trying to figure out where you're going with this?
Sympathy for the enemy in order to justify what?

P.S. Have you fully scoured the Bible from Genesis to Revelation? Cause I haven't actually...from what I have read, the enemy hasn't done so directly, but perhaps I'm wrong.

I actually appreciate you replying, cause most wouldn't.

You already know, though, what I'm doing on your behalf....
Be blessed

Ms. Eviana
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by LordReed(m): 5:47am On Jan 13, 2023
Eviana:

So your point would be.......?
Just trying to figure out where you're going with this?
Sympathy for the enemy in order to justify what?

P.S. Have you fully scoured the Bible from Genesis to Revelation? Cause I haven't actually...from what I have read, the enemy hasn't done so directly, but perhaps I'm wrong.

I actually appreciate you replying, cause most wouldn't.

You already know, though, what I'm doing on your behalf....
Be blessed

Ms. Eviana

Yes I have read the Bible form Genesis to Revelation and didn't see anywhere else apart from Job that any death was directly attributed to Satan. I asked because you seemed to be implying otherwise.
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Image123(m): 11:23am On Jan 13, 2023
LordReed:

Yes I have read the Bible form Genesis to Revelation and didn't see anywhere else apart from Job that any death was directly attributed to Satan. I asked because you seemed to be implying otherwise.

John 10v10. Satan doesn't kill in a sense, death kills. According to the Bible, death is an agent/worker of satan. All in all, they have their levels and boundaries, and require some sort of permission/go ahead to do certain things or touch certain things/people.
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by LordReed(m): 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2023
Image123:

John 10v10. Satan doesn't kill in a sense, death kills. According to the Bible, death is an agent/worker of satan. All in all, they have their levels and boundaries, and require some sort of permission/go ahead to do certain things or touch certain things/people.

So everybody eventually gets touched by Satan's agent no matter what?
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Eviana(f): 3:22pm On Jan 13, 2023
LordReed:

Now you didn't answer my first three questions, but that's okay....
You originally asked the poster about satan killing anyone...
I "butted" in respectfully, I hope to try and further explain....because it wasn't a "cut and dry" answer.

Hope you don't mind me (yet again) wanting to answer your question to Image.

Romans 6:23 (KJV)
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 3:23 (KJV)
"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

Death is a result of sin...
Sin is the rebellion of God's sovereignity.
Lucifer rebelled against God and became satan-- the enemy (you need faith in order to believe this). ANYTHING thst he is associated with is evil and ultimately leads to death. He is a spirit and influences those who have repeatedly chosen to reject God in any form in their lives....
Satan has full control....since his mission is to kill and destroy...nothing good ultimately could ever come for the person who is under his influence.
As the Holy Spirit engulfs one who surrenders to the Lord, satan's spirit also engulfs one who repeatedly rejects the Lord.
However, because we live in a world that has been marred with sin, ALL people on planet earth will be affected an innumerable amount of times by one way or another.
Just as undeserving, wicked people get blessed oftentimes unknowingly because of God's grace and mercy.
We can bank on the fact that death will come to the overwhelmingly majority of folks before Jesus' return.
No one is exempt from death, destruction, misfortune-- be the person someone of a particular religion/faith or not.
The issue truly is whom one pledges obedience, worship and a life of allegiance to....

Ms. Eviana
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by LordReed(m): 3:36pm On Jan 13, 2023
Eviana:

Now you didn't answer my first three questions, but that's okay....
You originally asked the poster about satan killing anyone...
I "butted" in respectfully, I hope to try and further explain....because it wasn't a "cut and dry" answer.

Hope you don't mind me (yet again) wanting to answer your question to Image.

Romans 6:23 (KJV)
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 3:23 (KJV)
"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

Death is a result of sin...
Sin is the rebellion of God's sovereignity.
Lucifer rebelled against God and became satan-- the enemy (you need faith in order to believe this). ANYTHING thst he is associated with is evil and ultimately leads to death. He is a spirit and influences those who have repeatedly chosen to reject God in any form in their lives....
Satan has full control....since his mission is to kill and destroy...nothing good ultimately could ever come for the person who is under his influence.
As the Holy Spirit engulfs one who surrenders to the Lord, satan's spirit also engulfs one who repeatedly rejects the Lord.
However, because we live in a world that has been marred with sin, ALL people on planet earth will be affected an innumerable amount of times by one way or another.
Just as undeserving, wicked people get blessed oftentimes unknowingly because of God's grace and mercy.
We can bank on the fact that death will come to the overwhelmingly majority of folks before Jesus' return.
No one is exempt from death, destruction, misfortune-- be the person someone of a particular religion/faith or not.
The issue truly is whom one pledges obedience, worship and a life of allegiance to....

Ms. Eviana

My previous response answered all 3. Matter of fact they are all variations of the 1st question, what was my point which my response shows.

So the punishment for sin is still not removed from you believers, you all will still die. Sounds like a bad deal.

LoLz! You worship something, I don't worship anything, we will both eventually die so worship changes nothing.
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Image123(m): 7:59pm On Jan 13, 2023
LordReed:

So everybody eventually gets touched by Satan's agent no matter what?

Everybody gets 'touched' by satan or his agent every day. The devil once took Jesus to the temple.
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by LordReed(m): 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2023
Image123:

Everybody gets 'touched' by satan or his agent every day. The devil once took Jesus to the temple.

Really? Interesting.
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Ken4Christ: 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
If that city permits that gathering, it will come under God's judgment. Mark my word.
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Image123(m): 5:36am On Jan 14, 2023
LordReed:

Really? Interesting.

Nothing interesting here, it's in the Bible.
Re: Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History by Emmanuel30a2: 9:24am On Mar 30
Dem no go do 2024 own?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet MKO Tibetan: Saraki Will Be Impeached Before October And Sent To Jail / Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) / Bishop Oyedepo At His Secondary School's 50th Anniversary (GSS, Omu-Aran)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.