Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

I Am Depressed - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Depressed (51090 Views)

I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home / I Am Depressed About My Marriage. / Am Depressed And Keep Thinking About Dieing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Depressed by elasticlala: 9:51pm On Jan 13, 2023
Hmmmmmmm
Re: I Am Depressed by Lucrativress(f): 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
Dogalmighty17:

I think you need to apply for thunder to fire you.
Stay safe
Re: I Am Depressed by Psittacus(m): 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:
Good evenning ,

I came back home from work this night to find out my wife and my son have packed and abandoned me .

My son is 4 years old and I really don't mean to hurt my wife .

She travelled on the 26th of December to her dad house here in Lagos .I missed her so much and I sent her money to come back last Saturday though she said she will be coming on Sunday only for me to call her between 2pm and 8pm without her picking the call .

The phone rang times without number .I later gave the last try and the no was busy answering other call .She later picked and said there was no light .So,she couldn't charge. I was mad because the excuse was too flimsy .I challenged her to tell her but your phone rang .I was mad and I lost trust in her that moment and flashed back to the excuse that she will not come on Saturday.

Seriously ,I was angry and different thoughts came to my mind like May be she went to see another man .

That hour ,I told her I don't want to see her again .I was angry though .She didn't come on Sunday. She came back very early yesterday which was Monday.

I will not lie ,I have been so angry ,ranting and telling her to go back to her parent house that I don't trust her again.

To my surprise ,I came back tonight and she already packed all her loads ,packed my son things without leaving any thing .Her wardrobe and my son wardrobe have been empty as I am typing .She packed everything .

Seriously ,I am depressed cos I love her .I love my son .I can't even allow him to stay over there to start schooling. Me and my wife have been together since 2013 .We have gone through a lot of difficulties together and now ,things are beginning to look good for us .I am so down right now .I called he dad and her brother .It is like they took that decision together .

I have never beaten her before but I do nag especially when bills are weighing me down .His dad and his brother was just shouting at me .Fear of been a single dad or living alone at this stage of my life will make me a walking ghost and the fact that ,I really love my son too and also my wife too will one day kill me .

Imagine ,that Saturday she changed what she saved my no with and saved with my son name.I attached my call history .Check the image of the missed calls.

Please what do I do?I am devastated .

Some of her chats this night ..

[1/10, 9:35 PM] SWEETHEART: Hv always endure with u even though u did not hv money,but u always rain insult on me everyday .am not coming back I want to work and make my own money,u said u hv never achieved anything good bcoz of me!u said I am your biggest mistake in life and now hv made up my mind with you.you pushed me to the wall!u make me carry luggage in the hot sun and cry ,am tired,I cried and cried and endure all bcoz of love so nao am ready to work and earn good for myself and my son.
[1/10, 9:40 PM] SWEETHEART: U can change ur key am not coming again
[1/10, 9:46 PM] SWEETHEART: Am not ,u know is too late for me to come back to .... and u urself know is my biggest fear bcoz I don't like coming here but u make me come back,is too late. Even wen u always tell me to go,I will still wait but u make me come back to my fear It is too late.
[1/10, 9:46 PM] SWEETHEART: ...will start school on Monday here and just take responsibility of it, if u don't want to loose ur son too.
OP don’t you see that this is not about your last fight, it started a while back ago. The insults and the emotional abuse she talked about. What have you done about it? You need to admit you were also wrong then work on yourself.

Some time apart might help you as well. When you are apart, stay married and work out your utterances, don’t fake it, let her know you are working on yourself and the door is always open she can always come back home.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
abbey621:
I have no issue with the wife, it is the in-laws that get problem. Man can get angry but as long as he is not physically abusive, the situation can still be resolved. Responsible in-laws find a way to resolve things not make it harder. The man has a right to fight for his son, it would be irresponsible for him to not do so.
Abuse is unacceptable whether verbal or physical. undecided

9 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by alphabbey1(m): 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:
Good evenning ,

I came back home from work this night to find out my wife and my son have packed and abandoned me .

Your wife packed out
Reason:
1) you are not financially stable

You've never beat her and her family support her packing!!!
Reason:
1) You are not financially stable
2) You don't send her family enough money

She doesn't want to come back
Reason:
1) You are still not financially stable

You always nag, insecure and quick to anger
1) You are not financially stable
2) she's full house wife and doesn't contribute to any bills

Solution:
Be financially stable

Result:
She will regret her actions and start painting u bad on social media, constantly nagging on how u abandon your son just like wizkid Ex
But you will not accept her or she becomes second wife.....

4 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Burgerlomo: 9:53pm On Jan 13, 2023
Houseofglam7:
Some people deserve to be single.
@Op, you are one of such.

Somebody wey suppose to dey flex (enjoying) his life instead of giving himself unnecessary high BP over minor issues grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by omoyeni37: 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2023
Alaye, you need to attend anger management classes, your wife was right in packing out.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2023
Mrkindness:
your own is a different case brother, this very guy was abusive to his wife.

Abusive Hmm.. a woman can turn you to anything once they feel you're useless.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by OZIOGU1: 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2023
Operation, how old are u? Leave her and move on, never think of marrying again in ur life, is a scam in Nigeria, work on ur self and make good cash and live better, there are alot of single ladies ready to just have a platonic friendships with you and u will enjoy life, good luck
Re: I Am Depressed by phemy36(m): 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:

Oh u didn't follow and u started judging abi
You are replying a female. They are good in manipulation. They want sisi man to themselves. So stay clear of them
Re: I Am Depressed by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2023
Nonsense and Rubbish. Who gives a Fvck Mtcheeew!!!
Re: I Am Depressed by boldsleek: 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2023
caesymore:

Na too much Nollywood dey cause all this nonsense. She think say they go write 10 years later and then everywhere go turn stew grin
You are a small minded person.

You are actually the one who thinks life is a nollywood where any woman who leaves her husband will suffer.

See, nobody holds the key of Tommrow. Life is a two way thing. you are already seeing her suffering for being a single mother in years to come. Meanwhile, Life can favour her and she achieves all the good things of life.

people like you should stop wishing evil to people who fell out with them.

Op was wrong, tell him the truth and ask him to go fix his home, Shikena.!!

11 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Originalsly: 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2023
Bro... you are confused ... anger scatter your brain. You said earlier if she's not back by Feb 1.... you wouldn't assist her financially. Later down... you said if she's not back by Feb1... you'll move on but help her financially.
You put her out ... begged her to return.... then immediately put her out again. Whybwould she return again?.. to be embarrassed again? Even if she wants to... she would be very reluctant. She now has the support of her father and brother .... thanks to you.... what support do you have? From the tone of your writing... should she return tomorrow.... your attitude will be the same... or worse because you now have it in mind she is seeing someone else. It's only so much abuse one can bear .... you have pushed your wife to the breaking point..... and broke her. Look ar yourself in the mirror and make the necessary changes...... it will take quite some time to heal this wound.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by IamMobisola(f): 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2023
abbey621:

I'm not here for the sentiments, go pull the data and check for yourself, grandfather was a judge and I also have two family members that are lawyers, please don't argue without doing adequate research!
Oga you are a liar jare. It’s happening worldwide, in a case of a divorce mother gets the custody of the children except for the reasons I listed.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by grandstar(m): 9:56pm On Jan 13, 2023
TheGoodAmerican:
You told her you don't want to see her anymore simply because she couldn't pick up the phone the first few times you called her. This is a woman you're married to and the mother of your child, and you're talking to her anyhow. From your post, this was probably not the first time you're telling her such words. You also mention nagging. You cannot be verbally abusive towards your wife repeatedly and be difficult to live with and expect her to not get fed up one day.

Nagging can drive you mad if you lack self control! (Read Proverb 21:9)

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by Houseofglam7(f): 9:56pm On Jan 13, 2023
Burgerlomo:

Somebody wey suppose to dey flex (enjoying) his life instead of giving himself unnecessary high BP over minor issues grin

Stop it cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Am Depressed by flourishing247: 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:

So your wife is not supposed to say sorry if u called her for 6 hours without picking her calls?

And your wife changes your name from SWEETHEART to your son NAME on her contact that particular hours u are calling her ?

Do you mean I don't deserve explanation for all these ?

You are verbally abusive and she's fed up. Verbally abuse is worse than beating someone. It kil.ls the person's spirit and makes the person lack self confidence.

Stop trying to defend yourself and work on your character.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Dididrumz(m): 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
WhoDeyHause:
Just forget about her. She has found someone new.

You guys rush to give stupid advice here too much.
Why are You concluding that she has found someone else. Did You not read every thing the OP said He did? Or did You not read the chats? Is that not enough to push a woman (or any other person) to the wall?

8 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by chris51(f): 9:58pm On Jan 13, 2023
My dear young man you have problems : anger and insecurity. You were treating your wife with disrespect because she was depending on you financially. If you lose your wife because of your stupidity and ego, you will forever regret it.

There are many women outside there but how many have marriage qualities? Please swallow your pride, respect your in-laws and go for your wife and son. Your telling your wife that you don't want her back because she overstayed in her father's house is a disrespect to her father.

You are definitely not a good son in-law. Please learn manners and change your attitude.

Don't forget, your son's future is also at stake. Do you want him to be raised by a step father in future? I hope not.
It's not easy to build a family, "PLEASE DO NOT"
lose yours for a flimsy excuse. I'm praying for you.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by igben(m): 9:58pm On Jan 13, 2023
Don't reason them, even school fees. Na ibo girl game be day though I don't know the tribe of your woman...

Me and you de dsame class. My wife Don pack more than 4 times but last Las she still come again.

Imo state ladies are don in that game...
Re: I Am Depressed by chris51(f): 9:58pm On Jan 13, 2023
chris51:
My dear young man you have problems : anger and insecurity. You were treating your wife with disrespect because she was depending on you financially. If you lose your wife because of your stupidity and ego, you will forever regret it.

There are many women outside there but how many have marriage qualities? Please swallow your pride, respect your in-laws and go for your wife and son. Your telling your wife that you don't want her back because she overstayed in her father's house is a disrespect to her father.

You are definitely not a good son in-law. Please learn manners and change your attitude.

Don't forget, your son's future is also at stake. Do you want him to be raised by a step father in future? I hope not.
It's not easy to build a family, "PLEASE DO NOT"
lose yours for a flimsy excuse. I'm praying for you.

Good luck.
Re: I Am Depressed by aimalohi: 9:59pm On Jan 13, 2023
I don't think she's found someone else oo I see a man that has no respect for d wife. U don't see her as u, d insult is not just on this matter only it shows that u r use to abusing her all d time. U just will say some heavy words without knowing. where as those word are traumatising. You hv not given her peace and joy, from ur words u seems to be a nagging and abusive husband. Its not only when u hit someone that u r abusive, some words can b so heavy in such a way that d hearer continues to hear it even in years.
I wish u divine wisdom as u make steps to reconcile ur home

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:
Good evenning ,

Unless you guys are not legally married, what happened is not enough a reason to go separate ways.

I think Both of you should kill your ego first before coming back together again.
Re: I Am Depressed by Mrkindness: 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
Baddosqqi:

Abusive Hmm.. a woman can turn you to anything once they feel you're useless.
you guys married different women, from your point she wanted to kill you but this guy keep abusing and telling the wife to go severally but she kept enduring. She have never harmed him

8 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Kutunban: 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
plagiarism at it's finest.
Re: I Am Depressed by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
IamMobisola:
I hope women have learnt to be financially independent of their husbands so they won’t be listening to threats like “pack your things and go back to your father’s house” like the national anthem, something like “because of you things have gone bad for me” Or things like “You are the worst mistake of my life”
Very toxic human being and even has the audacity to come and post such online.
Mumu
Women need to stop enduring bullsheet in marriage and relationship. It is the only way the men will learn to become better humans abeg! undecided

6 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by chris51(f): 10:01pm On Jan 13, 2023
Dididrumz:

You guys rush to give stupid advice here too much.
Why are You concluding that she has found someone else. Did You not read every thing the OP said He did? Or did You not reach the chats? Is that not enough to push or woman (or any other person) to the wall?

God bless you for the advice. I observe that many of our readers are not mature. They advise without reading

4 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Jan 13, 2023
albanikeh001:
Oh chimo! Marriage wahala everywhere. God abeg o. I am not asking for much. Just a homely woman that will be a wife, friend and supporter. That's all I am asking for. Dear God, take away from me all these woke, highlife feminists girls with touch of ashawo vibez. undecided
Are your yourself a homely friend and supporter or like Op, are you looking for someone to bully as wife? undecided

7 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by MoneyMustBMade(m): 10:02pm On Jan 13, 2023
From her chat I think the fault is from you.
You don't know how to control your anger, and you always pour out your frustrations on her, which is very bad, coz she is a human being like you.

You need to truly change from inside before calling her back again, she deserves to be happy.

Always control your frustrations and anger when it comes to family things.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by iHart(m): 10:04pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Is the phone meant to be some sort of leash on her? Phone etiquette is that if you try to reach someone and the person is unavailable, you allow the person to call you back when the person is able to. According to your story, she explained that there was a power outage, and she couldn't charge the phone. So what exactly what she supposed to apologize to you for? undecided

2. Is the name she saves your number on her phone part of your marriage agreement or something? Why does it matter if she saves your number under "Douchbag"? undecided

3. You need to get yourself to a professional anger management class first. This new year, please endeavor to get a book on logical/critical reasoning/thinking so you can grow your mind and as such become able to logically analyze your decisions, and the world around you, including your relationships for yourself. I recommend the book Being Logical. However, any other text that sufficiently teaches you how to critically reason day-to-day issues out will work too. the key is to put into regular(continuous) practice what you learn so you become a more logical being than you are today. undecided

If I call my wife severally and she doesn't pick. I call again, and she is in another call. She has to explain why she refused to take my calls and took another one.

If OP's wife had said she was not with her phone and when she came to pick her phone, another call came in, and that she was going to call him back after that call, that would have been understandable.

To say there was no power, and her phone was ringing, she really needs to apologise. That was a lie!

By the way, OP has a lot to do about his marriage. Seems OP needs to double his hustle and take care of his family very well. I can trace OP's anger to his inability to take care of his family. See how the wife was complaining in her chat to him. OP double your hustle. Now she is not with you, focus and make more money to be able to take care of your family.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by MoneyMustBMade(m): 10:05pm On Jan 13, 2023
Op deal with you anger issue first and stop saying you love her, before you go and kill someones daughter one day.

Am married like you and am enjoying my marriage wella

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by Cornerstone2018: 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:

If she stays too long in her father house,I will never accept her back .

Seriously, I have missed my family but I am not accepting her back if she spend the remaining days in January in his dad house and I will never send a dime to them

And that's the worst you can do. Stop feeling some people can't survive without you. Irrespective of your decision, life goes on.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Cheating Wife / Duke Of Uyo Buys His Wife Toyota Camry 2000 Version (photos) / Mother Beats Her Son For Playing Bet9ja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.