Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

I Am Depressed - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Depressed (51094 Views)

I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home / I Am Depressed About My Marriage. / Am Depressed And Keep Thinking About Dieing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Depressed by smiliyB(f): 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2023
Skyview01:
I love my wife so much but if she parks out of my house.

I am changing the keys and locks in the house immediately and it will be a long distance relationship until she request to come back.

Op, you have a lot of work to do on yourself and self esteem.
did you forget something, he asked her to leave first. So he should try n plead with the family

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by Kayceedamaney: 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2023
U're a man sir, wish I could talk to u physically, I really like d way u carefully narrated ur advice... God bless ur home
1234ben:

Bro, I feel ur pain but anger, shutting and nagging does not solve problems at home but rather add more salt to injury. I m married for more than 12 years with 3kids. At times shit does happened, transferring transgression to ur loves is the worse thing that can happen to som1. From u words u re wrong completely, truth be told. You get irritated or angrily easily . You wife is a good woman who have endured your shenanigans forever. But this times she cant take it no longer. The best advise I can give to u as my friend or brother, if u want her back just admit u re wrong, apologize to her and work on ur self completely.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2023
grandstar:
You should simply have welcomed her back and forgot the matter. When coming in the evening from work or business, buy her and your son some fast food. Call her parents and thank them for taking good care of your wife. And don't bring the matter up. Once she's back from her travel, the problem died that very second.
The average Nigerian man's ego is his worst enemy and so what you described amounts to asking them to scale over killimanjaro when they haven't even made it over the walls that is the human ego. undecided

8 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Mercury12(m): 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2023
This is 2023.
I no get strength for nairaland marriage wahala. I hope yall sort it out and everyone is happy at the end

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Depressed by OkoAnike(m): 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:

I will accept her if she comes back before February 1st .She can't stay three weeks out of my house if she want to come back .I miss her already .

Brother how old are you, your comments makes me feel you are too young to have a woman, money making alone doesn't makes you ready for marriage...

7 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by greggng: 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:
Good evenning ,

I came back home from work this night to find out my wife and my son have packed and abandoned me .

My son is 4 years old and I really don't mean to hurt my wife .

She travelled on the 26th of December to her dad house here in Lagos .I missed her so much and I sent her money to come back last Saturday though she said she will be coming on Sunday only for me to call her between 2pm and 8pm without her picking the call .

The phone rang times without number .I later gave the last try and the no was busy answering other call .She later picked and said there was no light .So,she couldn't charge. I was mad because the excuse was too flimsy .I challenged her to tell her but your phone rang .I was mad and I lost trust in her that moment and flashed back to the excuse that she will not come on Saturday.

Seriously ,I was angry and different thoughts came to my mind like May be she went to see another man .

That hour ,I told her I don't want to see her again .I was angry though .She didn't come on Sunday. She came back very early yesterday which was Monday.

I will not lie ,I have been so angry ,ranting and telling her to go back to her parent house that I don't trust her again.

To my surprise ,I came back tonight and she already packed all her loads ,packed my son things without leaving any thing .Her wardrobe and my son wardrobe have been empty as I am typing .She packed everything .

Seriously ,I am depressed cos I love her .I love my son .I can't even allow him to stay over there to start schooling. Me and my wife have been together since 2013 .We have gone through a lot of difficulties together and now ,things are beginning to look good for us .I am so down right now .I called he dad and her brother .It is like they took that decision together .

I have never beaten her before but I do nag especially when bills are weighing me down .His dad and his brother was just shouting at me .Fear of been a single dad or living alone at this stage of my life will make me a walking ghost and the fact that ,I really love my son too and also my wife too will one day kill me .

Imagine ,that Saturday she changed what she saved my no with and saved with my son name.I attached my call history .Check the image of the missed calls.

Please what do I do?I am devastated .

Some of her chats this night ..

[1/10, 9:35 PM] SWEETHEART: Hv always endure with u even though u did not hv money,but u always rain insult on me everyday .am not coming back I want to work and make my own money,u said u hv never achieved anything good bcoz of me!u said I am your biggest mistake in life and now hv made up my mind with you.you pushed me to the wall!u make me carry luggage in the hot sun and cry ,am tired,I cried and cried and endure all bcoz of love so nao am ready to work and earn good for myself and my son.
[1/10, 9:40 PM] SWEETHEART: U can change ur key am not coming again
[1/10, 9:46 PM] SWEETHEART: Am not ,u know is too late for me to come back to .... and u urself know is my biggest fear bcoz I don't like coming here but u make me come back,is too late. Even wen u always tell me to go,I will still wait but u make me come back to my fear It is too late.
[1/10, 9:46 PM] SWEETHEART: ...will start school on Monday here and just take responsibility of it, if u don't want to loose ur son too.

You are a very stupid man . You need to cherish what you have b4 you lose her. How can a man be nagging ...? Nagging is a woman thing not man. Learn to trust your woman. Grow up ..swallow your pride and go visit her parents to assure them you are not taking there daughter as a play thing . Go back to your wife b4 you die out of loneliness

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by Dearlord(m): 10:09pm On Jan 13, 2023
OP I wish we could exchange situation cool
Re: I Am Depressed by DoctorDree(m): 10:11pm On Jan 13, 2023
abbey621:
Mr. man do you want to hear the truth or gibberish from people whose homes are not tidy itself? Concentrate on your son, hire a good lawyer, go to court and sue for custody. In Nigeria, the father gets to keep the child 90% of the time especially if the child is no longer a baby. Why did I say forget the woman? It is simple, she can be a nice lovely wife but her family's behavior is unacceptable. A good parent would call the husband over and find ways to resolve the issues not pour kerosene on it!

See, it is clear that they don't rate you and the best you can do is be a man and not show weakness in this situation. Yes you have anger issue, yes you said hurtful words but a wife that cannot discern the difference between anger and hate deserves to be single. Give her what she wants, time at her father's house but make sure you fight for your son, nothing more, nothing less.....RUBBISH!
The most sensible comment so far!!!
Boss you get sense ooo

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by solozo72(m): 10:11pm On Jan 13, 2023
OP, you are just a poor, bad mouthed, egotistical, immature and narcissistic man who does not love or respect his wife one bit.

So because you married your wife, you think that gives you the right to constantly talk down on her and indirectly insult her family?

Women don't just snap and move out of their matrimonial homes. You have over time verbally chipped away at the wall of love she had for you, now the wall has fallen down and you are there pretending and foolishly assuring yourself that all is okay.

You better come down from that narcissistic high level that you have convinced yourself to cling to and go pet and beg your wife and also apologize to your in-laws. Stop trying to stupidly validate your bad behaviors here.

breakthrough22:

If she stays too long in her father house,I will never accept her back .

Seriously, I have missed my family but I am not accepting her back if she spend the remaining days in January in his dad house and I will never send a dime to them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Depressed by tsmith(f): 10:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Your story and your reaction don't make sense to me, so I am afraid I don't understand your anger at all. Projecting your insecurities on your wife is just childish behavior as far as I am concerned. undecided

2. What exactly was she supposed to apologize for? From your story, she didn't do anything wrong that would require her to apologize, so? Or do you think because she is your wife, she is then a mental illness patient that should apologize to you even when she is obviously not wrong just because she is married to you? undecided

I seriously tire ooh at the blatant entitlement and unnecessary authorDictatorship.

You ask her to suddenly change her plans, then blast off her phone like a lunatic, then complain she didn't respond to your erratic phone calls in time.

Then the person you were supposedly missing finally comes home and all you do is nag, rage and ask her to go back to her fathers house, not without reminding her she's your biggest mistake etc. Then expect 'ordinary' sorry from her for YOUR IRRATIONAL behaviour.

Now that she's granted you your wishes and gone back to her father's house, you're still here ranting, 1st i won't give them a dime, To if she stays beyond jan no marriage again to then accepting that perhaps you might just support them financially.

Oga, you're the one that needs to say more than ordinary sorry. You also need to let her know you'd be seeking therapy, but plead with her to please return because you shall no longer be demonstrating such unreasonable behaviour. She should be calling the shots on you not you on her.

And whilst you're at it learn, a civil person would show they miss their loved by telling them so. A simple phone call, text message, babes I'm missing you and the XYZ things you do. I wish you were here right now and i don't know how im gonna survive till sunday without you. Naa the babe hersef go change return date for her family or leave pikin come collect one quick one.

But you're their forming lord of the rings. Now be Lord in your empty house, marry your pot and mattress

8 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by VicM6: 10:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
Do normal, do normal, do normal, una no go hear....Oshey o, minster of anger.......Oya carry ur cross alone na....God go see u through. We movee

3 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by abbey621(m): 10:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
IamMobisola:

Oga you are a liar jare. It’s happening worldwide, in a case of a divorce mother gets the custody of the children except for the reasons I listed.

I'm not talking about worldwide I'm talking about Nigeria, if you don't know what you're talking about keep shut and seek knowledge! Calling me a liar is not an intellectual argument!

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by olamoses75(m): 10:17pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:
Good evenning ,

I came back home from work this night to find out my wife and my son have packed and abandoned me .

She travelled on the 26th of December to her dad house here in Lagos .I missed her so much and I sent her money to come back last Saturday though she said she will be coming on Sunday only for me to call her between 2pm and 8pm without her picking the call .

The phone rang times without number .I later gave the last try and the no was busy answering other call .She later picked and said there was no light .So,she couldn't charge. I was mad because the excuse was too flimsy .I challenged her to tell her but your phone rang .I was mad and I lost trust in her that moment and flashed back to the excuse that she will not come on Saturday.

Seriously ,I was angry and different thoughts came to my mind like May be she went to see another man .

That hour ,I told her I don't want to see her again .I was angry though .She didn't come on Sunday. She came back very early yesterday which was Monday.

I will not lie ,I have been so angry ,ranting and telling her to go back to her parent house that I don't trust her again.

To my surprise ,I came back tonight and she already packed all her loads ,packed my son things without leaving any thing .Her wardrobe and my son wardrobe have been empty as I am typing .She packed everything .

Seriously ,I am depressed cos I love her .I love my son .I can't even allow him to stay over there to start schooling. Me and my wife have been together since 2013 .We have gone through a lot of difficulties together and now ,things are beginning to look good for us .I am so down right now .I called he dad and her brother .It is like they took that decision together .

I have never beaten her before but I do nag especially when bills are weighing me down .His dad and his brother was just shouting at me .Fear of been a single dad or living alone at this stage of my life will make me a walking ghost and the fact that ,I really love my son too and also my wife too will one day kill me .

Imagine ,that Saturday she changed what she saved my no with and saved with my son name.I attached my call history .Check the image of the missed calls.

[1/10, 9:35 PM] SWEETHEART: Hv always endure with u even though u did not hv money,but u always rain insult on me everyday .am not coming back I want to work and make my own money,u said u hv never achieved anything good bcoz of me!u said I am your biggest mistake in life and now hv made up my mind with you.you pushed me to the wall!u make me carry luggage in the hot sun and cry ,am tired,I cried and cried and endure all bcoz of love so nao am ready to work and earn good for myself and my son.
[1/10, 9:46 PM] SWEETHEART: Am not ,u know is too late for me to come back to .... and u urself know is my biggest fear bcoz I don't like coming here but u make me come back,is too late. Even wen u always tell me to go,I will still wait but u make me come back to my fear It is too late.
[1/10, 9:46 PM] SWEETHEART: ...will start school on Monday here and just take responsibility of it, if u don't want to loose ur son too.
your suspicions about her was right. She has options. You’re not the only man in her life, true be told. No sensible woman who has no other man somewhere will pack out of her husband house like that. A reasonable woman will come back from her trip, knee and beg for reconciliation. Just move on with your life already and start planning on how you can take custody of your son through legal means. Don’t make the mistake of taking her back, otherwise she’ll keep blackmailing you emotionally because she knows you love her too much. That’s one of the disadvantages of showing how much you love a woman to her face. Women get bored of such easily.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by abbey621(m): 10:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Abuse is unacceptable whether verbal or physical. undecided

Yes but we live in a world of severity, you can't tell me someone calling you fat is the same as someone slapping you multiple times!

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by Socratiz: 10:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
I tried to read through the trail to see if there's any point you agreed that you have anger issues but I couldn't find. May I add that you also have lots of insecurities and entitlement mentality. This is a combustible combination in any relationship. I can take a bet that you have issues with other types of relationship.

The naked truth is that you need to enrol for anger management with a professional counsellor. If you don't handle your personality, this same episode will repeat itself if your wife comes back. You will emotionally abuse her and she would have to run away again.

If your wife were to be my daughter, I would not allow her return to you unless you undergo anger management.

There is no doubt that you have some unresolved trauma which could be from childhood. Unless this is dealt with, this anger and irascible script will continue to run your life.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Raymeg7(m): 10:20pm On Jan 13, 2023
I take my time to go through all the comments made, some are good, while some are not.

Baba u said she was there when things are bad, u also accept that ur words are not good, and u also said u love both of them, I mean ur wife and kid.

Brother from what u said, maybe she has done something before now, that warrant distrust in the marriage, or it may be that ur having trust issues with people, even ur family,

Baba I don't know what u are going through, but I have to let u know that, one if she is cheating on u, there is so many ways to find out, not by ranting , two it may be that she did all those things by affording ur insults,

Baba my anger is the worst I ever seen, I have anger problem too, but I came to understand that woman and phone are not friends, I can call my wife from morning till night she won't pick, when I ask her, either the phone is in the room and she is in parlor, or she left it in the car, or the kids are playing with it,

Most time I walk away instead of saying things I will regret, or I will go inside the room and lock my door, just to show her how angry I am, baba saying hurtful things to ur wife , who cook for u, who sleeps with u, who is there when things are bad, is not good, remember she is human too,

I'm not saying ur wrong ooh, because there is allot we have not heard, because if ur so called wife comes out here to say her own side, maybe this people that is calling u out, may end up calling the police on u,

Please what's ever it is, manage it well, only u knows the truth between both of u, for the sake of that God gift son of urs,

I have 4 boys, there was a time things were bad, we both fight it out, because ur wife is the only one that will stand by u, when things are bad, and u said she did when u have nothing, please tamper justice with mercy, may God bless you and ur family

5 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by nobetoday: 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2023
My advice for you Op is to stop begging anyone or groups for now. Don't beg when you're the one at the loosing foot. Your wife and her family have no regards for you and your only child is gone as well. Getting back your son should be your priority right now. And then jus move on and marry more wives as you can. Stop this depression bullshit.
Re: I Am Depressed by SeriouslySense(m): 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2023
[b]Sir, you are a drama queen, no wonder your wife left, you have self esteem issues.

Some people dont like drama, maybe your wife is very reserved, and more matured.

As a man, you should have control over your tongue, its very important, You should learn how to control your insecurities, how to see beyond your emotions and what your body is feeling, it takes time, but you can learn to do that.

Your insecurities are mainly biased, as a man you are suppose to know that a lot of things we think are false due to environment, conditioning or society outlook, sometimes each situation is unique that needs time to work out. For instance, replace your insecurities with a more healthy approach, if you love you wife, what do you and her share that she loves, or what can you do, to improve the quality of your relationship, is it in hygiene, in going to some places, or watching tv together and talking or playing some sports, or doing some project at home. You know yourself and your wife, you know better.[/b]
Re: I Am Depressed by gudugudumeje: 10:25pm On Jan 13, 2023
@Ishilove, Dav..., et al. So only a man shd love and the woman shd not love in return... Ur dotas and family females will be difficult wives o... The man may be wrong really, but a wise woman builds her home... She pulling hers down.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by rapwizzy(m): 10:25pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:
Good evenning ,

Sorry bro... But there is more to it. If you let her be, everything will become clearer. Delete her number safe it somewhere. Because now are days women can be so funny at times. Dont let any woman give you an headache. Move on... Try to work harder and make more money.. Nigerian women don't want to stay in one place again. If you have money, you will find a better woman. Something of such happened to me in 2008. Her parent told me their daughter wants to go back to school, that she is not ready for marriage that time. I have no choice than to obey them.
My son was just 3 weeks old then... We went separate ways.. I left lagos for abeokuta my home town, because i dont want to be distracted by any woman. I moved on.
After 8 months one of my guy called and told me my wife is pregnant... By this time I stop sending money to her. I focused on myself and planning a new life... After few years, I found a new woman that is more younger and beautiful than my ex wife. Now we have 3 lovely kids together. And my ex wife have no man in her life at 34years, she has 4 other children with 3 different men... See life, she used to call me for my son up keep, but I always send money to my son's account, because he stays with his mother's parent.
I have a good relationship with my son.
So, let her do her gragra for a year, don't call or text her... Don't let her see it in you that you love your son. Pretend like you don't care. God will lead and provides for you. Try to have money... If to say you worth hundreds of millions naira, she can't leave your side for a second, let alone of sleeping over at her dad's house.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by aalangel(f): 10:26pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:

Seriously, I have missed my family but I am not accepting her back if she spend the remaining days in January in his dad house and I will never send a dime to them

What's this one saying?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:

Which parents accepts their married children back after an altercation and refuses to settle the differences, keeps the person or persons with them for a long time

I'm confused

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by fof1: 10:29pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:
Good evenning ,

You Lost your Wife to immaturity,Verbal Abuse,Nagging as a Man,Disrespect to her Person. Stop Pretending and ur Crocodile Cry,Pls. That Woman had Suffered Real Verbal Abuse,Molestation and Ridicule from You. Face it. Learn to be with out them Joor

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by jibrilELsudan: 10:29pm On Jan 13, 2023
YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT AND A BLOODY FOOL

YOU DARE SAY THOSE HORRIBLE MOST HURTFUL WORDS TO YOUR WIFE WHICH YOU CLAIM YOU LOVE THEN YOU EXPECT HER TO COME BACK TO YOU

YOU ARE A TYPICAL DEFINITION OF A TYPICAL NIGERIAN USELESS MAN

IT IS YOUR TYPE THAT WILL HAVE A GOOD LOYAL WOMAN BY YOUR SIDE WHEN YOU A BROKE ARSE AND YOU VENT ALL YOUR FRUSTRATIONS ON HER LIKE SHE IS THE CAUSE OF YOUR FAILURES THEN THE MOMENT SMALL CHANGE FINALLY ENTERS YOUR HAND.....YOU ABANDON HER TO GO CHASE ALL THOSE USELESS SMALL SMALL GIRLS

HER LEAVING YOU IS THE BEST DECISION SHE HAS EVER MADE AND SHE WILL BE A CONFAM ASHAWO IF SHE IS TO COME BACK TO YOU

JUST THANK GOD THAT AM NOT HER BROTHER CAUSE BY THE TIME I FINISH DEALING WITH YOU....EVEN TO SEE HAND WRITE THIS NONSENSE HERE ON NAIRALAND WILL BE WAR

THUNDER FIRE YOU

5 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by Okhuadams(m): 10:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:
Good evenning ,

when you know you can't dance the music. When you know you don't understand the lyrics of the song you should have just hmm it. When you know the song is not constructive enuf yet you choose to follow the beat regardless that ur body is too stiff to dance the music. Your cross carry it find a way
Re: I Am Depressed by texannaija: 10:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
breakthrough22:

Baba, try dey calm down sef… Shuuu!!…I really wonder why people dey always forget say dem dey grow old each and everyday. No be everything be gra gra!.. High BP, heart attack and the rest dey real Oo (not praying that for you). But try dey calm down (especially on top woman matter).
Re: I Am Depressed by rapwizzy(m): 10:31pm On Jan 13, 2023
WhoDeyHause:
Just forget about her. She has found someone new.

Truth
Re: I Am Depressed by Sterope(f): 10:31pm On Jan 13, 2023
I am so happy for her. She has finally proven to you she is not a goat and a bastard.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by rapwizzy(m): 10:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
jibrilELsudan:
YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT AND A BLOODY FOOL

YOU DARE SAY THOSE HORRIBLE MOST HURTFUL WORDS TO YOUR WIFE WHICH YOU CLAIM YOU LOVE THEN YOU EXPECT HER TO COME BACK TO YOU

YOU ARE A TYPICAL DEFINITION OF A TYPICAL NIGERIAN USELESS MAN

IT IS YOUR TYPE THAT WILL HAVE A GOOD LOYAL WOMAN BY YOUR SIDE WHEN YOU A BROKE ARSE AND YOU VENT ALL YOUR FRUSTRATIONS ON HER LIKE SHE IS THE CAUSE OF YOUR FAILURES THEN THE MOMENT SMALL CHANGE FINALLY ENTERS YOUR HAND.....YOU ABANDON HER TO GO CHASE ALL THOSE USELESS SMALL SMALL GIRLS

HER LEAVING YOU IS THE BEST DECISION SHE HAS EVER MADE AND SHE WILL BE A CONFAM ASHAWO IF SHE IS TO COME BACK TO YOU

JUST THANK GOD THAT AM NOT HER BROTHER CAUSE BY THE TIME I FINISH DEALING WITH YOU....EVEN TO SEE HAND WRITE THIS NONSENSE HERE ON NAIRALAND WILL BE WAR

THUNDER FIRE YOU

Don't judge a book by it cover...
Re: I Am Depressed by ndbaba1(m): 10:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
How do women marry immature boys?
You just twisted the story to portray her in bad light to gain social media empathy. Better work on yourself before another man takes over the golden opportunity you got on a platter.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Cheating Wife / Duke Of Uyo Buys His Wife Toyota Camry 2000 Version (photos) / Mother Beats Her Son For Playing Bet9ja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.