Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,544 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:55 AM

Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. (46916 Views)

Your Narrative Is Inaccurate And Misleading - Sterling Bank Replies ICPC. / Young Man Shades FCMB On Twitter, Bank Replies With Epic Clap Back. Photos / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Nobodysboo(m): 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2023
Zenith don do you yahoo
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Thanos5555: 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2023
natddon1:
But let's be fair to the banks too. Even if a fraudster has your atm card how come they have your PIN too? Also, those enrolments will send an otp to the customers registered phone lines. Did she loose her phone too? The bank even mentioned the type of phone used to do the enrolments. Is it the same phone she is using?

According to her narration, if correct shows that an individual with authorisation had access. So if it was a yahooo boy, they had some levels of cooperation with Bank authorities.

This is not the first time this is happening, it just t one of the cases to go loud.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2023
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by jojothaiv(m): 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
TheChameleon:

Big organisations will ALWAYS deny culpability.

I have been their victim, and they have good lawyers that shell out convincing statements ..

This one almost convinced me to be honest.
Chaiiiii.
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Slynation(m): 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
Morphinne:

Be fair to the banks you say?
The three banks are actually being economical with the truth. Since the money wasn’t withdrawn through an ATM but sent from one account to others, and since all the banks have KYC details of each of the accounts receiving the money, why then are they doing as if it’s not traceable ? Why can’t they simply provide their names and/or freeze the accounts pending further investigations? You also missed the part that said that UBA claimed that their customer (the one who received 3.93M) didn’t look like a fraudster grin Like WTF is that? How does a fraudster look?
The 800k they are willing to refund, where is it coming from?
The victim also claimed that she was never enrolled for any e-token, why was the bank staff saying she did? Did the account have transfer/withdrawal limits?
Exactly...You can imagine, money was found on two accounts, instead of the useless banks to invite them for questioning, they are busy shifting blames on the lady that she collected an e-token...!!

A very useless bank and more...!! It's better she had kept her money at home and robbers took them away than this criminals on suit forming bankers...!!
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Tunagee(m): 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
baretalk:
Insider job, get a lawyer.

Great
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by MrBroke(m): 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
Thanksful:

Zenith doesn't send otp

They do, depends on the transaction. I Bank with them and I have received otp several times so unless maybe you used paystack for your transaction
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by AmuDimpka: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
habsydiamond:
These banks are not reliable anymore. Someone withdrew 4M in an account that 200k is the maximum transaction limit and u are telling her that 800k is all she can get from her 4M.. who does that.. all I see here is inside job oo.. I think its time to resort back to piggy boxes oo.. with kolo ur money will be safe.. no sms, atm charges and others
people that have yahoo informants in-house

My corporate account is always been sent fraudulent emails .. I wonder why only that email

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by jojothaiv(m): 1:30pm On Jan 14, 2023
uba1991:
this is an insider work, all those information are in the bank. The bank know your 4 digit PIN the bank know your BVN, the bank know the phone you register the app, infact the even have your thumb print.
The bank is responsible for everything.
Banks in Nigeria are more than armed robbers. I don't blame my granny who refused to open an account no matter the persuasion.
Maybe in the northerner part of the country, most of their ATM pins are either 1234, 0000 or simply the year of birth but I can't say the same for the southerner and I'd like to know how you come about the banks knowing your PINS.

I know of the dark web where bank logs could be bought but I doubt if the bank know your pin

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Thanos5555: 1:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
MrBroke:
I think I knew what happened. Someone she left her phone with or who had her phone downloaded Zenith e token app on his/her phone, registered on it using her details while having her phone to receive otp and probably was with her atm card too and knew her pin, did everything and then left without she knowing, that's the reason she didn't reciever an otp message. It might be her close person or some crook inside the bank. Don't play with your phone

If this is the case, when the trace the recipient account number. She should be able to recognize the name of the recipient account.

Many people have gotten back at their loved ones through this way. Many cases have been solved. But for now, you should know that bank staffs are now into massive abuse of customers private information, it not a conspiracy theory, stop making it sound as though your Nigeria banking system has not be infiltrated

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by jojothaiv(m): 1:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
Morphinne:

Be fair to the banks you say?
The three banks are actually being economical with the truth. Since the money wasn’t withdrawn through an ATM but sent from one account to others, and since all the banks have KYC details of each of the accounts receiving the money, why then are they doing as if it’s not traceable ? Why can’t they simply provide their names and/or freeze the accounts pending further investigations? You also missed the part that said that UBA claimed that their customer (the one who received 3.93M) didn’t look like a fraudster grin Like WTF is that? How does a fraudster look?
The 800k they are willing to refund, where is it coming from?
The victim also claimed that she was never enrolled for any e-token, why was the bank staff saying she did? Did the victim’s account not have transfer/withdrawal limits?
The elephant banks too are fond of this behavior, they'd protect their customer at all cost even if the funds sent was done error.

So many court orders sent to them all to no effects, it's time we still holding this financial institutions responsible...

4 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by ivandragon: 1:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
It appears she did not properly wipe all data on her old phone & it fell into the hands of a fraudster...

However, there are still some unanswered questions from the bank

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Pickmycall: 1:40pm On Jan 14, 2023
StormpyBee:

She compromised her details.
The bank accounts where the money were transferred to should be able to provide the profile of the culprits.They all have addresses.
What about a transaction where money is not receive but the sender is debited and the money is not reverted back?The bank will be giving excuses until the owner forfeit it.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by LordEclipse: 1:41pm On Jan 14, 2023
Na she no go buy fuel burn down like 5 branches of zenith Bank
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Brownshoe: 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2023
I don't usually like people putting their entire savings in onè account.

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2023
First collect the 800k then use the 800k to hire a very good lawyer preferably in Falana's chamber and saw them pay you 20m or more in damages.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Revolva(m): 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
Slynation:
After reading your post, to slap you just dey hungry me... sad

I never had an ATM for like 4years, but one certain bank made an unauthorized transaction on my account and claimed it was done via my ATM, I asked them which ATM and they gave me the same balderdash you just vomittted here, seems like you work in a bank because this shitty silly excuse looks like a pre-programmed language every banker must rehearse and dish out to customers whenever they lay this kinda complain... sad

Please if you don't have any first hand experience on this kinda issue kindly shit da fvck up...!!

Bro cool down lol , i am not a banker, anytin can happen as naija bank is concerned

If that happened to you , well its understandable

In the case of the gal , she has an e token which is risky its better to have a physical token

I suspect someone dis this to her , dem run her street...someone who know her somehow around her and the person collided with an insider in d bank to finish d work

She may have been tricked somehow to get that token to finalize d transaction but she wont know its concerning transaction from her bank

People are smarter these days be careful who knows ur banking details and date of birth and all dat

As for the uba bank and access bank forget those banks bvn , its all fake bvn that was used to open those bank acc its untraceable .

She is lucky they left 800k inside and access bank froze it without any court order from the gal to help her because the matter don enter television , on a good day they wont , she has to bring court order and before a court order is prepared can take a week or 2 weeks by that time they may have wiped all d funds in d banks
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by pepericozi: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
natddon1:
But let's be fair to the banks too. Even if a fraudster has your atm card how come they have your PIN too? Also, those enrolments will send an otp to the customers registered phone lines. Did she loose her phone too? The bank even mentioned the type of phone used to do the enrolments. Is it the same phone she is using?

Don't mind the Bank officials. What they do is to deactivate you phone number. Use their own phone number for the transaction and later return your phone number and send alerts.

It's an insider job.

6 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by SavageResponse(m): 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2023
It was someone close to this lady that perpetrated this fraud
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Pickmycall: 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2023
MrBroke:
I think I knew what happened. Someone she left her phone with or who had her phone downloaded Zenith e token app on his/her phone, registered on it using her details while having her phone to receive otp and probably was with her atm card too and knew her pin, did everything and then left without she knowing, that's the reason she didn't reciever an otp message. It might be her close person or some crook inside the bank. Don't play with your phone
It is not easy like that.The suspect will go to the bank and apply for an e-token just like mobile banking.And a third party cannot just walk to the bank and do that easily.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by dfrost: 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2023
Ray07:
Na today you know . . . Where you think say them they get Japa from. sad

Companies and gov the run Nigerians street now.

I don tell people say, no need to dey go social media shout for these banks.

Run them streets codedly. And don't do it immediately. Be calm and serve them chilled refrigerated breakfast cheesy
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by BloomingDale(f): 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2023
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by mmsen: 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2023
Zenith bank is trash.

I feel for this person but I'd be lying if I said that their response is surprising.
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by CUMIN: 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2023
crowbar:

Since they said the account holder does not look like a scammer, they should then provide him to the police and the court, so he can tell them how and why her money was found in his account.

It's an insider job.
They use probably a (malam) forex trader account to collect the money and withdraw to other account.

Most of this bank workers are criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by kacheezy: 1:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
This is a simple case. Whoever issued the token without customer’s consent should be arrested. Token register should be reviewed to check who signed for the token, cctv replayed, the location of the branch where the token was issued, name of staff that issued the token…details of the account where the funds entered…this thing is not rocket science.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by SIRKAY98(m): 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2023
MrBroke:

Thais still make sense Gbayi, because no matter what your money cant leave if you have not indulge your self in any shaddy deal with the banks or your close person.
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by IbileIfe: 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2023
Paragon311:
Nothing seems working in this country

It is finished.

Bank staff are now local yahoo boys

Yes. Yahoo fraudsters have insiders in the banks.
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by aujile(m): 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2023
edogu:

Some sites (eg. aliexpress, dynadot) do not require OTP for such transaction to be processed.
You don't use mobile devices to carry out transaction on the mentioned platforms

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by sparko1(m): 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2023
natddon1:

This are excuses, even if she did it herself and paid for services she didn't get, she can request for her money, the money didn't vanish, it went to an account.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Greenfusion: 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2023
Wahala.
If she is very sure she didnt register for token use.
She has to get a lawyer first and possibly report the case to EFCC / ICPC.
Prepare evidences that against not registering, but note, don't lie oh, because when all these get to the court they would be verified, so if she ain't sure it better to fight it differently.
As long as there's evidence against the bank, the bank would be made to pay back.

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by modsfucker: 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2023
hardbody:

She must show proof of those business deals though and those will be open to scrutiny by the bank's lawyers. It's not as easy as it sounds

What proof do I need to show if I claim that I wanted to travel to Turkeynto import kids wears that would've fetchede 100% ROI?
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by SavageResponse(m): 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kelvin30286063:
First collect the 800k then use the 800k to hire a very good lawyer preferably in Falana's chamber and saw them pay you 20m or more in damages.

Oga, you cannot hire a very good lawyer with ordinary 800K!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jos Suya Seller In Suit & Italian Shoe (Photos) / 3 Online Businesses That Can Make You 1 Million In 6 Months / Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.