Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,660 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:51 AM

Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. (46914 Views)

Your Narrative Is Inaccurate And Misleading - Sterling Bank Replies ICPC. / Young Man Shades FCMB On Twitter, Bank Replies With Epic Clap Back. Photos / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by aujile(m): 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2023
cedricksly:

1) that's the policy on mobile app, but you can use same token to increase your limit via Internet banking, and to login. You need a username created for u by the bank, and your 4 digit pin + token otp=10 digit pin...

2) bank does it for anybody, assuming you mistakenly sent money to a person account, eg u use uba and sent money to a perosn ecobank account mistakenly let say a 100k and above, if u immediately go to ecobank and log a complain, a post no debit will be place on the account, the person can't withdraw from the account. So you have to option either the person gives his consent via writing and stamped to refund the money to the originators account or u get a court order(magistrate court) to instruct the bank to move the money back to your account... So assuming the person has withdrew the money before u got to bank, they will simply tell you the person has cleared the account empty, if its a small sum they might place a standing order on the account to debit anything that entered until the whole amount is recovered... If it is a huge sum the person bvn will be blacklisted...
A case where this girl is not saying her whole truth, the case will take time maybe 2years and above and if she loose the case she would have spent more than x2 of what was stolen from her, but if she wins she can get damaged in reasonable sum, but she won't win trust me coz she is not saying the entire truth
@brandsoncharlie
Ask questions in areas you don't understand, it will help you learn
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Revolva(m): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
brandsoncharlie:

So you can do up to 5 million a day in your token with that account?

I have not tried that hahaha but it can do more than 200k a day that d limit i set it

This is a coporate bank bank na , even my gtb savingsz access bank and uba can send more than 100k a day am sure
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by blackpanda: 3:59pm On Jan 14, 2023
modsfucker:
Sue them and claim that the unauthorised deduction has denied you the chance to execute a lucrative business deal, and demand for damages.

Thats greeed
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by naijapikin2(m): 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
Come to Abuja and report to brekete family. And see what will happen to those "biro- armed" robbers
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by aujile(m): 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2023
cedricksly:
not arguing it, but I'm telling you the girl is not giving the 100% details... If it comes to debiting someone money as an insider job, it can be traced, because everybody has their unique details or footprint in accessing customers details, so if u allow another colleague use your login details to defraud customer u are on ur own.. But u see if it comes to token, you need both the bank(token) and yourself(pin) to authorise any transactions or change... I know what I'm talking you the girl is leaving details out of the whole issue...
She's intentionally leaving out those details because she knows the implications (haven worked with a bank)
She just wants to claim innocent, using emotions and social media to force then bank to assist her.
For those saying she should get a lawyer, she's not that ignorant and if she eventually falls to getting a lawyer, she knows it's an effort in futility.
Let her prove to us that her phone is not the said phone stated in the investigation report

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by wirinet(m): 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2023
habsydiamond:
These banks are not reliable anymore. Someone withdrew 4M in an account that 200k is the maximum transaction limit and u are telling her that 800k is all she can get from her 4M.. who does that.. all I see here is inside job oo.. I think its time to resort back to piggy boxes oo.. with kolo ur money will be safe.. no sms, atm charges and others
That's why I still blame Emefiele and CBN. They are pushing a cashless policy with no protection whatsoever for Nigerians. How can he expect Nigerians to trust digital transfers when N4 million can be withdrawn from your account without the bank being made to take responsibility. Abroad where digital transactions policy is promoted. Any unauthorised transactions is refunded by the banks.
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by brandsoncharlie: 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
Revolva:

I have not tried that hahaha but it can do more than 200k a day that d limit i set it

This is a coporate bank bank na , even my gtb savingsz access bank and uba can send more than 100k a day am sure
I just Googled this token stuff, hard and soft token but the soft token require your pin number, I guess someone used her pin to collect the money through token for the soft token but the hard token she has to go to the bank to have access to it.
I saw that you can withdraw more than 500k but there should be a limit to this withdrawal just as the normal practice to mobile transactions a day.
Someone from the bank did that thing to her if she didn't breache her atm pin and card number.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Edusouls(m): 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
LivelyMandem:
From what the bank said, the transactions were done on a phone which had been used for several transactions before this particular one and she never flagged them as fraudulent.

She needs to confirm if the phone in question is/was hers. If the phone is hers, she should be able to tell who made those transfers from the timestamps provided. Where were you or who were you with at those times?

If the phone is not hers then she should still remember who she was with from the timestamps provided and confirm if the phone belongs to the person.

This is not rocket science, if she didn't make these transfers then someone she knows made them.
your on point, the fault is from the lady , someone that knew her so well did this thing, and did she not say the whole truth when she denied she didn’t have any e token, but she has an e token registered to her since 2021, she is not a truthful person…
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by cedricksly: 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2023
aujile:

She's intentionally leaving out those details because she knows the implications (haven worked with a bank)
She just wants to claim innocent, using emotions and social media to force then bank to assist her.
For those saying she should get a lawyer, she's not that ignorant and if she eventually falls to getting a lawyer, she knows it's an effort in futility.
Let her prove to us that her phone is not the said phone stated in the investigation report
see bro leave those people, I have tried to explain to the best of my knowledge, but they all seems wrapped up with emotion from the girl tears and one sided story... No lawyer will engage her case Pro bono, because they know the truth about his case when really investigated... She should bring the details of how she compromised her pin which was used with the token, then I can start listening to anything she has to say. But for now she is keeping key details out the entries matter and using emotions to get people on her side...

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by castiello(m): 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2023
Anyone who knows her in person should ask her to write me
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by uba1991: 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
jojothaiv:

Maybe in the northerner part of the country, most of their ATM pins are either 1234, 0000 or simply the year of birth but I can't say the same for the southerner and I'd like to know how you come about the banks knowing your PINS.

I know of the dark web where bank logs could be bought but I doubt if the bank know your pin
I don't think iam talking with a matured mind. The number one to 3 richest people in Africa are from the north.
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by dinero101(m): 4:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
ibechris:
N800,500 Is All You Can get, Zenith Bank Tells Customer Whose N4m Was taken Without Authorisation

Babe sue them, them go pay 100m in damages, a good lawyer would fight for you. If you really want your money back look for a good lawyer . Better still go international

https://fij.ng/article/n800500-is-all-you-can-get-zenith-bank-tells-customer-whose-n4m-was-taken-without-authorisation/

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7521071/chiamaka-agim-zenith-bank-refund#119947126
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Kobicove(m): 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2023
Jozibrainz99:
I pray some senior Lawyers see this and come to her rescue.

If Femi Falana sees this, He might help.

Senior lawyers no dey work for free cheesy
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by jojothaiv(m): 4:42pm On Jan 14, 2023
uba1991:
I don't think I am talking with a matured mind. The number 1 to 3 richest people in Africa are from the north.
Man, I'm talking about what I've seen and experienced, the exceptions of having those whose PINS can't be guessed over here is few.

Being rich or not has nothing to do with that.
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Elanqy: 4:43pm On Jan 14, 2023
Most people commenting here have not read the bank’s letter. The bank is not liable in anyway. The subject lady is not telling the complete story. The same phone was used to initiate previous transactions with her pin. I feel a close friend or family member got to know her pin. Even if she hires very good lawyers she might not be able to proof that the bank is liable in anyway

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by TheOgaBoss: 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2023
natddon1:
But let's be fair to the banks too. Even if a fraudster has your atm card how come they have your PIN too? Also, those enrolments will send an otp to the customers registered phone lines. Did she loose her phone too? The bank even mentioned the type of phone used to do the enrolments. Is it the same phone she is using?
oga, banks already know the type of phone she was using even b4 the fraud, their mobile app collects those details.
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by macrodata(m): 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2023
I don't know what to believe again. Zenith bank that I know of, you cannot login to their app on a new device without first going to the bank or token. I tried to login my app details on my new device, it was impossible without token or going to the bank for reset. Zenith bank needs to explain what happened to the money.

Why is Access Bank protecting their customer?
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by uba1991: 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
jojothaiv:

Man, I'm talking about what I've seen and experienced, the exceptions of having those whose PINS can't be guessed over here is few.

Being rich or not has nothing to do with that.
ignoring you will be better. Byeeeeee
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by TheOgaBoss: 4:55pm On Jan 14, 2023
StormpyBee:

She compromised her details.
so y can't they arrest the recipient account holder in access and Uba? What is the purpose of all the bvn and nin data? It is very difficult to absolve the banks, there are too many fraudaters in our banking system.
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobicove:

Senior lawyers no dey work for free cheesy

Lol......some can actually help especially when it comes to something like this.
They will just send a lawyer from their chamber and get the job done.
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by HarunaWest(m): 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
Harrynight:

Zenith is not liable for this,
But the money didn't leave her account to the air, it definitely dropped in someone's account, Zenith bank will be liable if they fail to trace the account the money went to and bring out the owner of the account
very correct
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by alobright17(m): 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2023
uba1991:
this is an insider work, all those information are in the bank. The bank know your 4 digit PIN, the bank know your BVN, the bank know the phone you register the app, infact the even have your thumb print.
The bank is responsible for everything.
Banks in Nigeria are more than armed robbers. I don't blame my granny who refused to open an account no matter the persuasion.
Others I may agree but you see 4 digit pin I don't think bankers has it because if those yahoo bankers have it those there colleagues yahoo yahoo none bankers won't be wasting time calling there victims fit 4 digit pin.

Reason am.
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Juddy007: 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2023
I get scared reading articles of this nature. If our bank account could be truncated in this manner, where should we run to?
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by bigiyaro(m): 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2023
Lol, the bank is trying to hide their Yahoo boys staffs, am sure the chain goes well up on the ladder, since they have agreed to refund part of the money, it means they are guilty, cos it makes no sense to refund 800k from the 4mil when you are claiming that you have not taken a dime. Is the 800k free or what?
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by MamaletASO: 5:15pm On Jan 14, 2023
Pathetic!

Zenith Bank is now a shadow of itself..

After investigation, they should pay her the money...
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by dfrost: 5:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
SavageResponse:

To go prison dey hungry you. grin

No worry, you go chop watery beans tire

Na prison banks dey? Why I go go prison? cheesy grin

I get NGN236.00k for Zenith sa... I no wan hear story cheesy
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by MamaletASO: 5:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
MamaletASO:
Pathetic!

Zenith Bank is now a shadow of itself..

After investigation, they should pay her the money...

Someone was saying Chinese phones like Infinix, Tecno, etc are the only phone without good security... now check dis lady's story..
The Mobile banking was done on her Iphone (in 2021)...but see now.

Make those yahoo boys no reason your matter oo..because NO security is hard for yahoo boys to break..

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by steeltrust: 5:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
habsydiamond:
These banks are not reliable anymore. Someone withdrew 4M in an account that 200k is the maximum transaction limit and u are telling her that 800k is all she can get from her 4M.. who does that.. all I see here is inside job oo.. I think its time to resort back to piggy boxes oo.. with kolo ur money will be safe.. no sms, atm charges and others
my pain is since they know who how the money left the account what is their for them to track the culprits and bring them to justice

So what is the use of BVN if people can do such a thing and get away with it

Nigeria is really a zoo
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by uba1991: 5:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
alobright17:

Others I may agree but you see 4 digit pin I don't think bankers has it because if those yahoo bankers have it those there colleagues yahoo yahoo none bankers won't be wasting time calling there victims fit 4 digit pin.

Reason am.
can it be hacked?
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by Basicend: 5:20pm On Jan 14, 2023
Cutehector:
Why are they even answering her. It is obvious the transaction was authorized via her token.

Mchew.

She has lost this case abeg.

Anyone can access your e-token if they can have access to ur phone and card details.

She most likely may not be away of transaction but definitely someone very close.
Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by dfrost: 5:20pm On Jan 14, 2023
Ray07:
Nigeria matter don tire person o. Those banks would soon meet their Waterloo.

Even pastor for Jos here run members street carry their money Japa go U S grin

Ray, I no dey wake up discuss Naija again. Na the more you look, the less you see dem dey run people here.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. by TrumpDonald2: 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2023
crowbar:

Since they said the account holder does not look like a scammer, they should then provide him to the police and the court, so he can tell them how and why her money was found in his account.

Simple. To be frank, these banks are part of the reason fraudsters get away with their deeds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jos Suya Seller In Suit & Italian Shoe (Photos) / 3 Online Businesses That Can Make You 1 Million In 6 Months / Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.