Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now (55400 Views)

Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8 Years Now / My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? / Help My 3 Year Old Son Has Developed Drop Foot After Malaria Injection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by MechanicMike: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gyri:

Take him to a Teaching Hospital please, a Teaching hospital, and make sure you see the consultant.

are u lightskin? angry
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Gyri(f): 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
MechanicMike:

are u lightskin? angry
See question.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by MechanicMike: 5:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gyri:

See question.

Sweeery I don't ask u for story. Was Yor nomba? angry
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by organicfoods(m): 7:40pm On Apr 27, 2023
7david7:
Good morning my people, I am writing you people at this delicate hour of 12:39am because my son's condition, it's getting worse by the day.

Dandruff wants to kill this beautiful boy, I know it's weird because we all know, myself included that dandruff doesn't kill, but watching myself lose a part of my son everyday.

He's been suffering from this condition for over 6yrs now, we've gone to the hospital and after buying and using all the prescribed drugs (Nizoral shampoo, selsun blue, head and shoulders, tea tree oil, miconazole cream, ketoconazole cream, terbinafine cream, fluconazole tablet, terbinafine tablet: almost killed my son, griseofulvin etc) nothing has changed, instead it's getting worse by day.

From complaining of headaches, to weakness (my son that was filled with energy and plays all the time now barely moves, he is always one place complaining of tiredness and pain), to joint pains, to confusion.

According to him, this dandruff has ate up his scalp so much that he can now taste his bathing soap on his tongue the moment he washes his head. We are now scared of washing and applying anything on his head because he will complain of tasting whatever we put on his head in his mouth and he will start having reactions. It's almost as if the skin on his scalp no longer protects him from outside soaps and other ingredients.

The moment he washes his head, his lips and tongue will swell up and he will start having reactions. My once active and lovely boy is now a shadow of himself. He's refusing to play, always complaining of tiredness and pains.

Pls help me my people, I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried every hospital and everything, I've done all I know, and now I'm watching my son deteriorate gradually before my very eyes without having a clue what to do, pls I beg you, help him, help me.
How is your son? Hope he has gotten the desired relief?
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Gyri(f): 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
MechanicMike:

Sweeery I don't ask u for story. Was Yor nomba? angry
I don't do mechanics, sorry.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by MechanicMike: 11:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gyri:

angry
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by MechanicMike: 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gyri:

U don't have taste. do u understand this is Yor shance to make Moiney & do u under stand I beento London like 11 times.so gimmmmme Yor number? undecided
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Gyri(f): 11:10pm On Apr 27, 2023
MechanicMike:

U don't have taste. do u understand this is Yor shance to make Moiney & do u under stand I beento London like 11 times.so gimmmmme Yor number? undecided
Congratulations.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by MechanicMike: 11:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gyri:

Congratulations.

angry
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by MechanicMike: 11:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gyri:

Congratulations.

I dint ask u to congratulatetion....I ask u for Yor nomba. Was your nomba?
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by 7david7: 4:11pm On May 06, 2023
Your words are very unkind. You are a bitter soul..if you went through my post you would have seen where I said I've taken him to hospitals on numerous occasions and the drugs they prescribed. You don't read and you proceed to call me names.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by 7david7: 4:14pm On May 06, 2023
Thank you

sajb:
Sorry for the pains you feel. You boy will be healed. Your next line of action is to immediately visit a reputable hospital for a variety of laboratory test. This will include blood test, urine test, fecal test, hormonal test among others. This will be an excellent starting point.

More importantly, pray always. This is a petty issue for God. He will heal you son
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Orubebe01: 11:26am On May 13, 2023
7david7:
Thank you

Update us pls
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by oxygenator: 11:47am On May 13, 2023
organicfoods:
How is your son? Hope he has gotten the desired relief?

When they work with wrong diagnosis how can the problem be solved?

If anyone is interested in a similar problem we can help because we know what it is.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Orubebe01: 7:04pm On May 13, 2023
oxygenator:

When they work with wrong diagnosis how can the problem be solved?

If anyone is interested in a similar problem we can help because we know what it is.
So, what is it?
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Rosykitchen: 12:18pm On May 14, 2023
7david7:
Good morning my people, I am writing you people at this delicate hour of 12:39am because my son's condition, it's getting worse by the day.

Dandruff wants to kill this beautiful boy, I know it's weird because we all know, myself included that dandruff doesn't kill, but watching myself lose a part of my son everyday.

He's been suffering from this condition for over 6yrs now, we've gone to the hospital and after buying and using all the prescribed drugs (Nizoral shampoo, selsun blue, head and shoulders, tea tree oil, miconazole cream, ketoconazole cream, terbinafine cream, fluconazole tablet, terbinafine tablet: almost killed my son, griseofulvin etc) nothing has changed, instead it's getting worse by day.

From complaining of headaches, to weakness (my son that was filled with energy and plays all the time now barely moves, he is always one place complaining of tiredness and pain), to joint pains, to confusion.

According to him, this dandruff has ate up his scalp so much that he can now taste his bathing soap on his tongue the moment he washes his head. We are now scared of washing and applying anything on his head because he will complain of tasting whatever we put on his head in his mouth and he will start having reactions. It's almost as if the skin on his scalp no longer protects him from outside soaps and other ingredients.

The moment he washes his head, his lips and tongue will swell up and he will start having reactions. My once active and lovely boy is now a shadow of himself. He's refusing to play, always complaining of tiredness and pains.

Pls help me my people, I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried every hospital and everything, I've done all I know, and now I'm watching my son deteriorate gradually before my very eyes without having a clue what to do, pls I beg you, help him, help me.

First thing first, are you a true Jesus disciple. If you really are, you should have gotten a solution by now. Answer my question first.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by favourRN(m): 1:42pm On May 14, 2023
I can see it has gone worst, i can help you out, but its essential to Know these first then you can message on whatsapp for the medications to use:

Pathophysiology:
Dandruff is a common condition that affects the scalp, causing itchy, flaky skin. It is believed to be caused by the overgrowth of a type of yeast called Malassezia, which can cause irritation and inflammation of the scalp. This can lead to the shedding of dead skin cells, which are often visible as white flakes on the scalp and in the hair.

Types:
There are no specific types of dandruff, but it can be classified based on severity. Mild dandruff is characterized by light flakes and minimal itching, while severe dandruff can involve larger, more persistent flakes and more intense itching.

Signs and Symptoms:
The primary symptom of dandruff is the presence of white flakes on the scalp and in the hair. Other common symptoms may include itching, redness, and irritation of the scalp.

Diagnosis:
Dandruff is typically diagnosed based on a physical examination of the scalp and a review of the patient's medical history. In some cases, a scalp biopsy may be necessary to rule out other underlying conditions.

Treatments and Medications:
There are a variety of treatments and medications available for dandruff, including over-the-counter medicated shampoos, prescription-strength topical medications, and oral medications. These may include antifungal agents, corticosteroids, and salicylic acid. It is important to follow the instructions provided by your healthcare provider or pharmacist and to use these medications as directed.

Nursing Interventions:
Nursing interventions for dandruff may include educating patients on proper scalp hygiene, recommending appropriate medicated shampoos or other treatments, and monitoring for signs of infection or other complications.

First Nursing Priority Intervention:
The first nursing priority intervention for dandruff is to assess the patient's symptoms and work with the healthcare provider to develop an appropriate treatment plan.

First Nursing Priority:
The first nursing priority for dandruff is to educate the patient on proper scalp hygiene and to recommend appropriate medicated shampoos or other treatments.

Risk Factors:
Risk factors for dandruff may include a family history of the condition, oily skin, stress, and certain medical conditions such as Parkinson's disease.

Complications:
While dandruff is generally a mild condition, it can sometimes lead to more serious complications such as infection or inflammation of the scalp.

Patient Education:
Patient education for dandruff may include information on proper scalp hygiene, the use of medicated shampoos and other treatments, and strategies for managing stress and other underlying medical conditions.

Prevention Strategies:
Prevention strategies for dandruff may include maintaining good scalp hygiene, avoiding excessive use of hair products, and managing stress and other underlying medical conditions.

7david7:

Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Preciouschinwe(f): 11:41am On Jun 01, 2023
7david7:

my son was affected by it sometime ago, and I used sivoderm cup, it cost #800, it might be more or less depending on your location.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by brainhack(m): 12:49am On Jun 07, 2023
aninibinladen:

What your son has is not dandruff, He has a problem with his immune system, He has scalp psoriasis which is not curable but manageable (you can greatly reduce the frequency of flares).

Visit a dermatologist, they'll probably prescribe corticosteroids (prednisolone) and a prescription shampoo containing salicylic acid and coal tar.

Same thing, I told him the last time I visited this trend. I hope he listens to this and ignores the rest. I saw a post where someone advised him to tie the boy and rub something hotter than pepper on the boy’s head. I am beginning to worry for the young lad.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Orubebe01: 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2023
7david7:
Thank you

Update please
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by mamajaz(f): 10:44am On Oct 08, 2023
7david7:

Hi David, how is your boy doing?
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by mohsinmehmood(m): 8:52am On Nov 09, 2023
I'm sorry to hear about your son's prolonged struggle with dandruff. Managing dandruff, especially for such an extended period, can be challenging and sometimes requires a multifaceted approach. Here are a few suggestions:

Dermatologist Consultation: If you haven't already, it's crucial to consult a dermatologist. Persistent dandruff could be a sign of an underlying skin condition like seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis, which need specialized treatment.

Medicated Shampoos: Over-the-counter anti-dandruff shampoos containing ingredients like ketoconazole, selenium sulfide, zinc pyrithione, or salicylic acid can be effective. It might be helpful to rotate between different types to see which works best for him.

Scalp Care: Encourage him to shampoo regularly to prevent build-up of oils and skin cells. However, be cautious not to over-wash, as this can strip the scalp of natural oils and worsen dandruff.

Diet and Hydration: A well-balanced diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals can promote skin and scalp health. Ensuring he stays hydrated is also important.

Stress Management: Stress can sometimes exacerbate dandruff, so incorporating stress-reduction techniques like exercise, yoga, or meditation might be beneficial.

Natural Remedies: Some people find relief with natural remedies like tea tree oil, coconut oil, or aloe vera, but it's important to patch test first to check for any allergic reactions.

Avoid Harsh Hair Products: Some hair styling products can irritate the scalp. Using hypoallergenic or gentle hair care products may help.

Regular Hair Care Routine: Maintaining a consistent hair care routine is key. This includes brushing his hair regularly to aid in the shedding of skin and using a gentle, non-irritating hairbrush.

Remember, what works for one person might not work for another, so it may take some time to find the right combination of treatments. Patience and consistent care are key.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Bkaylore(f): 11:52pm On Nov 22, 2023
gloriana:
My nephew had similar problem for some years. I tried everything I could, even took him to one nonsense chemist guy that burnt his scalp with acid but still it persisted until I took him to one pharmacist here in lagos as directed by a friend. He took a look at him and gave us d drugs that cured him till date. It wasn't a funny experience at all n I feel ur pain. U can email me if u haven't gotten any solution yet
pls how can I get your email not conversant with naira land process

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fire Burnt Mother And Her Two Kids At Choba In Port Harcourt (Disturbing Pics) / Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! / Doctors In India Extract A Live Cockroach From Woman's Skull (pic, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.