Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now (55229 Views)

My Son Looks Like 7up's Fido Dido, Help!!!! / Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8 Years Now / My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by zeb04(f): 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2023
Originality007:
trout my childhood time, dandruff is always on my head, till i got secondary school ss2, it become so embarrassing that i cant barb in Baber shop, because everywhere will full of white dust each time i finished barbing. then one day my mum brought a book is all about this local medicine book. it explain the medicinal usefulness of all this plants around us. then i was reading the book, then i saw a place where writer mention how urine can cure dandruff. if u can do it.

shave ur baby hair very, like clean barbing, with no hair, then his first urine in the morning, let him use it to rub his head very, leave it for like 20mins, b4 bathing. try it like 4 days that will b end of the dandruff.

this is not juju. just try it if u can
I don’t know if what you said is true but i used my early morning urine yo cure severe pimple and black spots on my face.

Sometimes i allow the urine stay two three days. I mostly dont tell people because of how gross it sounds.
I also rubbed raw tomatoes after washing the urine off. I hope he tries this urine stuff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Emmapub(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2023
Collect his early morning urine and rub it on his head twice a day …
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Godjone(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2023
Omo this one bad
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by aninibinladen: 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2023
aninibinladen:

What your son has is not dandruff, He has a problem with his immune system, He has scalp psoriasis which is not curable but manageable (you can greatly reduce the frequency of flares).

Visit a dermatologist, they'll probably prescribe corticosteroids (prednisolone) and a prescription shampoo containing salicylic acid and coal tar.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by KoolBigk(m): 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2023
7david7:
Good morning my people, I am writing you people at this delicate hour of 12:39am because my son's condition, it's getting worse by the day.

Dandruff wants to kill this beautiful boy, I know it's weird because we all know, myself included that dandruff doesn't kill, but watching myself lose a part of my son everyday.

He's been suffering from this condition for over 6yrs now, we've gone to the hospital and after buying and using all the prescribed drugs (Nizoral shampoo, selsun blue, head and shoulders, tea tree oil, miconazole cream, ketoconazole cream, terbinafine cream, fluconazole tablet, terbinafine tablet: almost killed my son, griseofulvin etc) nothing has changed, instead it's getting worse by day.

From complaining of headaches, to weakness (my son that was filled with energy and plays all the time now barely moves, he is always one place complaining of tiredness and pain), to joint pains, to confusion.

According to him, this dandruff has ate up his scalp so much that he can now taste his bathing soap on his tongue the moment he washes his head. We are now scared of washing and applying anything on his head because he will complain of tasting whatever we put on his head in his mouth and he will start having reactions. It's almost as if the skin on his scalp no longer protects him from outside soaps and other ingredients.

The moment he washes his head, his lips and tongue will swell up and he will start having reactions. My once active and lovely boy is now a shadow of himself. He's refusing to play, always complaining of tiredness and pains.

Pls help me my people, I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried every hospital and everything, I've done all I know, and now I'm watching my son deteriorate gradually before my very eyes without having a clue what to do, pls I beg you, help him, help me.

First thing first is to get proper diagnosis. Take him for a lab test to conduct both blood and urine test to identify the root cause. Stop listening to all these try and errors opinions on here before you use your hand to cause more havoc to your child.

i wish him speedy recovery.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by gloriana(f): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2023
My nephew had similar problem for some years. I tried everything I could, even took him to one nonsense chemist guy that burnt his scalp with acid but still it persisted until I took him to one pharmacist here in lagos as directed by a friend. He took a look at him and gave us d drugs that cured him till date. It wasn't a funny experience at all n I feel ur pain. U can email me if u haven't gotten any solution yet

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Mpanyi: 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2023
So sorry for what your boy is passing through and the pain you go through seeing this and being helpless at the same time.

I don't know of any solution. But whatever solutions being suggested here take note of the fact that you said once you use something to wash his head it appears as if he is tasting the thing. So the implication is the protection of his head skin has been breached and some chemicals can penetrate right to his brain. And you know brain is life.

Of all the suggestions here, though I have not been able to read all of them, I think suggestion for honey looks good. Good honey, unadulterated. I hope you find a solution.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Chochovini: 5:07pm On Apr 19, 2023
Kingpele:
Chai take him to hospital
. Make una first read post before una comment, no way. See am?
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Mcslize: 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2023
7david7:
I've tried honey severally but I don't know if it's the original honey. It didn't work when we tried it then, I'll try it again. Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate
This severally, I believe you didn't apply it more than 3 days.

Were you consistent? You don't use something once to 3 times only and expect an instant results.

I feel you weren't just being consistent enough with the different things you try before jumping to the next.

Give at least 2 weeks for results before jumping to the next
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by aboverich12: 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2023
I can help. Call me on 08138494948
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Mcslize: 5:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
7david7:
ok, I'll do that, hopefully this works. I'm exhausted already trying different things, if me the caregiver is getting exhausted, I can only imagine how he feels. I won't give up on him...thank u for ur contribution, I appreciate.

Don't just get ordinary salt. Go and locate where they sell pure sea salt also known as spiritual salt, get enough, add small to a full bucket of water, strongly pray on it and bathe the child with it focusing more on the head. Don't clean him with towel. Allow the water to dry on his body. Be consistent with this. Don't just do it once and say it doesn't work. Let your prayer be passionate and specific to the condition you want to be solved.

Hope you believe in prayers and you do know how to pray. Not everything is hospital o. Your problem should be solved.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by harmony75: 5:13pm On Apr 19, 2023
So sorry dearie I can't imagine the pains for you the parent and the kid πŸ˜” Please go to fmc near you! Don't use English drugs until the test and scan results. Since he could taste the soap please stop pouring water or soap on his head instead use local herbs get Aloe Vera plant 🌿 you can plant this in the house it is good for wound apply the gel on his head aloe vera is a wonder plant πŸ™ if he taste it it is steal natural and medicinal please don't let water touch his head again use native medicine and keep the head dry from water when bathing pour water from neck down and give him lots of water and fruits. He will be alright Ijn πŸ™
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Mcslize: 5:19pm On Apr 19, 2023
nwetadinobi042:
Go to any federal hospital or federal or state teaching hospital near you and ask for the resident dermatologist there, explain the condition as an acute severe dandruff and let them follow up with it from there
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by omoyeni37: 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2023
That's not dandruff
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by delishpot: 5:34pm On Apr 19, 2023
7david7:
Good morning my people, I am writing you people at this delicate hour of 12:39am because my son's condition, it's getting worse by the day.

Dandruff wants to kill this beautiful boy, I know it's weird because we all know, myself included that dandruff doesn't kill, but watching myself lose a part of my son everyday.

He's been suffering from this condition for over 6yrs now, we've gone to the hospital and after buying and using all the prescribed drugs (Nizoral shampoo, selsun blue, head and shoulders, tea tree oil, miconazole cream, ketoconazole cream, terbinafine cream, fluconazole tablet, terbinafine tablet: almost killed my son, griseofulvin etc) nothing has changed, instead it's getting worse by day.

From complaining of headaches, to weakness (my son that was filled with energy and plays all the time now barely moves, he is always one place complaining of tiredness and pain), to joint pains, to confusion.

According to him, this dandruff has ate up his scalp so much that he can now taste his bathing soap on his tongue the moment he washes his head. We are now scared of washing and applying anything on his head because he will complain of tasting whatever we put on his head in his mouth and he will start having reactions. It's almost as if the skin on his scalp no longer protects him from outside soaps and other ingredients.

The moment he washes his head, his lips and tongue will swell up and he will start having reactions. My once active and lovely boy is now a shadow of himself. He's refusing to play, always complaining of tiredness and pains.

Pls help me my people, I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried every hospital and everything, I've done all I know, and now I'm watching my son deteriorate gradually before my very eyes without having a clue what to do, pls I beg you, help him, help me.

That's not dandruff. Take him to a qualified Dr.
He might be allergic to something you have been using at home since his condition started. So look around you. From laundry soap to bathing items eg izal, Detol, soap, baby oil, etc check the food he eats. Soya, veg oil, milk, etc.
That's him for blood work too esp as he is complaining of being weak. May he get healthy soon.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by jimmyolasun: 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2023
This case reminds me of when I small. I get one kain lapa lapa abi naa ela or kuru paruparu for body. It was a friend of mine that came to do holiday that passed it to me. His own naa small but when the thing enter my own body, naa there war start.. I battled this rashes through out my primary till I reach like jss2. No be small rashes o, naa anywhere cloth cover e go dey. Mahn, I wan die. I no fit off cloth, go swimming pool or play with my friends. My mum is a medical practitioner so no antibiotics or injection or treatment I no collect. I go different doctors and practitioners sotey my mama carry me go Church. Naa still same... God bless iya busayo wey dey sell agbo and ewe Omo. Naa she come collect injection for her child my mama summon courage tell her. Naso I free oo
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by blackky2023: 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2023
Very sorry about this.

Use any of these drugs for him, especially the first one.

:- Nizoral drugs
:-Fulcin drugs

This will cure it from inside, treatment for the surface will not heal the boy. Also ensure you see a Dermatologist.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Ezidimma(m): 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2023
I can only pray that God in His infinite wisdom ends the suffering of both parents and this innocent child by healing him miraculously.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by gregng(m): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2023
I doubt if this is dandruff, I have someone who have gone through similar experience... U can reach me on 08035855252... I will recommend her to u, to enable her send u the physician help
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by VeektawUtty: 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2023
Kingpele:
Chai take him to hospital
Are you so blind that you cant read?
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by emmabest2000(m): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2023
7david7:

in igbo language we called it EBUBE

it is very easy to cure with herbs 🌿

Ata abuo

2 Shares

Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by clydecarson(m): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
Lovelife433:
who is dis kind? Do I know ur mama? Ode

Muntula
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by drimzsmoke(m): 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

I hope you're a doctor?

If so, I expect you to be aware that Psoriasis can be just limited to the scalp in some people, just as it can also be limited to the nail(Nail Psoriasis)

I shouldn't be dragging this with a doctor.

Is psoriasis a must know topic in the tropics!!!
Anyways, thanks for the above!!!
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Willsland(m): 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2023
Try sulphur 8, it's a soap

7david7:

Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by franktolk(m): 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2023
7david7:

Try and get Selsun Blue Shampoo and also use Damatol to oil his head. You'll see a remarkable difference afterwards.

Looking at it , it looks like Keloids , I may be wrong though. If Keloids he may need to get kenalog injection injected into his scalp.

Kenalog injection actually comes with some side effects, reason why it's been stopped in some countries.

I'll keep remembering him in my prayers. This is just a passing phase , it would soon pass in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by gregng(m): 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2023
Call me... I will recommend someone who had gone through similar experience, so that she can introduce u to a physician for assistance.... 08035855252
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by baba4thegehs: 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2023
A few tips that may help, maintain good hygiene, advice him not to touch with dirty hands even when it inches, change pillow cases and bed spread often.

God will help him.
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Shizzi23(m): 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2023
7david7:

He's been suffering from this condition for over 6yrs now, we've gone to the hospital and after buying and using all the prescribed drugs (Nizoral shampoo, selsun blue, head and shoulders, tea tree oil, miconazole cream, ketoconazole cream, terbinafine cream, fluconazole tablet,
terbinafine tablet: almost killed my son, griseofulvin etc) nothing has changed, instead it's getting worse by day.

This an Hausa man son, trust me they have lots of this on their head beside this stuff is more than dandruff
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by YoungDaddyB: 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2023
Hello, let him chew 3 pieces of garlic morning afternoon night, not the whole bulb oh? Just cut out 3 or 4. Then melt she's butter and massage it into his head if it dries up, massage it in, continue this till it disappears. Find vitamin c and other supplements to boost his immune system while you do the first 2 procedures
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Shaddymie(f): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2023
The writer should pls try this, I heard a testimony of a nurse that has cough and has tried so many things, it was her own urine that cured it, she didn't even used it up to three times.

quote author=Originality007 post=122616326]trout my childhood time, dandruff is always on my head, till i got secondary school ss2, it become so embarrassing that i cant barb in Baber shop, because everywhere will full of white dust each time i finished barbing. then one day my mum brought a book is all about this local medicine book. it explain the medicinal usefulness of all this plants around us. then i was reading the book, then i saw a place where writer mention how urine can cure dandruff. if u can do it.

shave ur baby hair very, like clean barbing, with no hair, then his first urine in the morning, let him use it to rub his head very, leave it for like 20mins, b4 bathing. try it like 4 days that will b end of the dandruff.

this is not juju. just try it if u can[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by soetantaiwo(m): 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2023
Try LEMON...apply it 3times daily...100% guarantee
Re: Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now by Collins4u1(m): 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2023
na so dandruff dey be for your eyes abi.

this is a skin infection mehnnn. damn.
sorry poor kid

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

American Lady Always Sexually Aroused: I Cry & Beg Him To Have Sex With Me / Zambian Man Commits Suicide Over Wife's Cheating / Man Survives Colon Cancer, Weds Lady Who Stood By Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.