Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One (33523 Views)

Messi-Mbappé-Haaland : Start One, Bench One, Sell One / Messi, Neymar And Mbappe: Bench One, Start One, Sell One / Osimhen Vs Onuachu: Start One And Bench One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by kunleiky(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
Angelfrost:

Precisely sir.

I don't even understand the argument on this thread sef.

CR7's goal per game ratio season after season was simply the stuff of immortals.

I will never forget how he scored a hat trick to win a key game for Portugal when they were losing.

Legendary stuff abeg!!!
Baba mi. Everyday I have the conviction that CR7 is the greatest footballer of all time seh, with deference to Pele. Every other thing is karounwi.
That no.7 wearing man is a demon!

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Benwems(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
I will start Ronaldo de Lima
I will bend Christiano
I will sell Benzema
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
Start Delima, Bench CR7 and dash Benzima Manchester United.
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ade1177:

Lol
Check his juventus stats
He had over 100goals in how many games?

Some players play 7yrs and don't even have 50

100goals in 2and half yrs not bad

His overall game play declined with age

But goalscoring up until this season was always way above average

The guy is good
Even last season He had the worst season still banged in some good goals and hattricks

I don't know why people don't like this guy honestly, fine you might have another favourite player but making what he did for 15yrs look like anyone else can do it is just pure hate

Even haaland and mbappe will have to sweat blood to even try to do it

I said he had more goals than games only at Real
You can't dispute that.
Mind you, with all those goals, Messi still remains the highest goal scorer in la liga history and the player with most goals in a single season.
What I was driving at was that at Real, the backup cast worked exclusively for him to score goals. It is believed in certain quarters that affected their ability to compete for the league most times.

They've won more leagues then they had during his time since he left for example.

Even Fergie used to say the best teams win the league
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Mryacks: 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2023
fergie001:

@goal.com

I will start Cristiano, sell R9 & bench Karim

Start R9,. Bench CRonaldo & Sell Benzema...
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by kunleiky(m): 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2023
sirchim:
Oga, is not all about goals. Is all about, being a complete PLAYER. That is if they take you to midfield, you can dribble well, create chances, give accurates passes to the strikers and still score goals. If they make you the point man, you will still score goals. If they play you side, you will still score goals and create chances for your point men.
Your argument sef get comma.
Tell us the part of the allowable body CR7 cannot use, oya.
Prove he can't dribble and tell us he doesn't create chances. Hit Youtube bro, relax and be entertained grin
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by maxwell530(m): 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2023
Iretii0511:

Y’all are so negatively biased against CR7.

CR7
1 has one of the most dribbles in a single match
2 has more assists than R9
3 has more free kick goals than R9
4 played from the wing yet has more goals than R9

In what aspect of football is R9 better than CR7?

Do you know what it take to be a prem league player and win world best at the time Ronaldo won it while playing as a traditional winger?

Even in his days at Juventus, at 34/35, he was a winger with over 100 goals in only 3 years.

Abeg make una shift
R9 in his prime is the youngest to win the Best player in the World. At 19, he's already the most expensive player in the world. world Cup all time top scorer till klose.
If you want to talk of longevity in career,it's definitely Cr7 but when it comes to ability and on the pitch, Cr7 is not close to OPhenomena.
Delima Ronaldo is the greatest striker to ever kick football, when lot of football pundits and legends come to this conclusion, Just know they didn't do that because of stats.
Go read Jose Mourinho Autobiography, atleast he managed Cr7 and he even believed Delima is the greatest player ever.

6 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Angelfrost(m): 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ade1177:

It's just pure hate

Honest truth

The kind of goals Ronaldo scores

Brings out the best emotions, Messi is a better player and scores some wonderful goals too by dribbling the whole field

But you see when the team is being write off and beating in the first leg

Ronaldo in his prime can turn the whole stadium upside down by stepping up to win the match ALONE in the second leg

Eg. That athletico Madrid game vs juventus
I'll never forget how I jumped out of my chair
From .2.0 first leg
0.3 second leg all 3 goals Ronaldo

Done that so so many times for Madrid too and Portugal

I can count so many games I have watched personally that only Ronaldo name will be on the score sheet (hattricks) to win a game

Even did it last season for united when maguire wanted to cancel it with own goals

Well said... I don Taya to argue with these people.

Some even dey call me small pikin... That I never watched Ronaldo Delima. Lol!
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Badguy77(m): 6:25pm On Jan 13, 2023
What is benzema even doing there... My friend sell that man out
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by kunleiky(m): 6:28pm On Jan 13, 2023
Iretii0511:

Y’all are so negatively biased against CR7.

CR7
1 has one of the most dribbles in a single match
2 has more assists than R9
3 has more free kick goals than R9
4 played from the wing yet has more goals than R9

In what aspect of football is R9 better than CR7?

Do you know what it take to be a prem league player and win world best at the time Ronaldo won it while playing as a traditional winger?

Even in his days at Juventus, at 34/35, he was a winger with over 100 goals in only 3 years.

Abeg make una shift
Baba don vex. Push all of them inside soak away jare grin
The singular fact that Ororo became world best player as a premier league player is so underrated mhen.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Iretii0511(m): 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ade1177:

Lol
Check his juventus stats
He had over 100goals in how many games?

Some players play 7yrs and don't even have 50

100goals in 2and half yrs not bad

His overall game play declined with age

But goalscoring up until this season was always way above average

The guy is good
Even last season He had the worst season still banged in some good goals and hattricks

I don't know why people don't like this guy honestly, fine you might have another favourite player but making what he did for 15yrs look like anyone else can do it is just pure hate

Even haaland and mbappe will have to sweat blood to even try to do it

I still struggle to understand why. They try to make it look like scoring a staggering 450 plus in 435 appearances is normal. Like, this is insane. What this dude and Messi has done, only Pele and probably Maradona are in their level.

Much respect to El Fenomeno but he’s not in their league. He’s more in the league of Zidan, Dihno etc.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by kunleiky(m): 6:31pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ade1177:

It's just pure hate

Honest truth

The kind of goals Ronaldo scores

Brings out the best emotions, Messi is a better player and scores some wonderful goals too by dribbling the whole field

But you see when the team is being write off and beating in the first leg

Ronaldo in his prime can turn the whole stadium upside down by stepping up to win the match ALONE in the second leg

Eg. That athletico Madrid game vs juventus
I'll never forget how I jumped out of my chair
From .2.0 first leg
0.3 second leg all 3 goals Ronaldo

Done that so so many times for Madrid too and Portugal

I can count so many games I have watched personally that only Ronaldo name will be on the score sheet (hattricks) to win a game

Even did it last season for united when maguire wanted to cancel it with own goals
You're making someone emotional right now.
All of them have agreed to hate CR7 nothing more.
The world will not have such beast for decades to come!

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Iretii0511(m): 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2023
kunleiky:

The singular fact that Ororo remains world best player has a premier league player is so underrated men.

Lol. 13 years after, it has not been repeated. Like, can even imagine that?

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by thedio(m): 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2023
I will start Rinaldo delima bench Christiano Rinaldo and sell Karim Benzema
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by maxwell530(m): 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2023
Delima that came back from career ending injury to win World Cup and the Golden Boot.

You guys are playing with me

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by optimusprime2(m): 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
Johnson225:
Start R9, Bench benzema and sell Christiano asap, before he brings toxicity to my team cheesy cheesy

I hope you are joking? Because we are talking about prime forms...
And Prime CR7 was far too versatile to ignore, he was "the complete attacker" he basically had everything;
Speed (Prime Ronaldo was a total speed merchant... even now at 38 he is still quite fast for his age)

Dribbling (There is a reason he and Messi have always been directly compared, hence the rivalry... Quote me anywhere; Prime CR7 is the only player of the modern era that can be compared side by side to prime Messi in terms of dribbling & we all know Messi's dribbling reputation)

Aerial prowess (Please, Please and Please go through the goals this guy scored with his head and ask if headed goals could be any perfect)

Left foot (Have people forgotten so soon he is both footed)

Right foot (although he claims the right is his stronger foot)

Technique (He invented the CR7 chop in the premier league, only Zidane, Ronaldinho and Okocha are credited with inventing nouvelle techniques in modern day football)

Long range shooting (Do you remember his Puskas award?)

Physicality (Asides his strength & amazing game stamina, lets appreciate how this guy despite his style of play never got permanently injured... especially in the English Premier League)

Free kicks (He reinvented the knuckle ball technique and boyyy was prime CR7 just so good at it... if only striking crossbars could count as goals)

Penalties (We all know about this gift of his... He even got nick-named for scoring Penalties)

Finishing (cemented as the greatest goal scorers of all time yet, with this attribute of his... you can bet 95% in any game he features, he will finish a good pass- ask Ozil)

Positioning (every footballer knows it takes a natural instinct to be good at Positioning & CR7 is known for being at the right place at the right time... even till now)

Crossings/passing (he started as a winger so naturally this was his thing)

Infact, How many people forget prime CR7 was not even a striker to begin with?

Even prime R9, who although an absolute beast, was not considered a complete attacker (because he was not really an aerial threat). Although R9 remains the best #9 I have ever seen. His sheer Physicality, Finishing, Dribbling, Speed and technique was legendary.

Prime Benzema was basically "a budget R9" so the question is actually, who starts first CR7 or R9... Benz is definitely not in this picture.

#Modified: Players like CR7 are a very rare breed... we have been truly privileged to witness that fine specimen of an athlete grace the stage in his prime. Keeping all the Messi/Ronaldo rivalry aside... CR7 is a legend.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Bitchiamjay(m): 6:35pm On Jan 13, 2023
Angelfrost:

Currently or in their prime?!!

I assume we are talking about their prime forms... In that case, Cristiano definitely starts, his namesake takes the bench to come in fresh in the last 25 minutes.

Sorry Benzema, even you know you stand no chance against those two. tongue

In their prime? R9 was a beast! Cr7 doesn’t come close lol

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Angelfrost(m): 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2023
Bitchiamjay:

In their prime? R9 was a beast! Cr7 doesn’t come close lol

I respect your opinion sir... But, records don't lie! grin

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Angelfrost(m): 6:37pm On Jan 13, 2023
kunleiky:

Baba mi. Everyday I have the conviction that CR7 is the greatest footballer of all time seh, with deference to Pele. Every other thing is karounwi.
That no.7 wearing man is a demon!

CR7 is phenomenal!

It's no mean feat to be the highest selling sport's brand singlehandedly for years!

Not a fan of his, but I respect that man!

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by SPAMBOX7: 6:38pm On Jan 13, 2023
fergie001:

@goal.com

Gen Z don do line up cheesy

In their primes CR7 starts and R9 on bench. But all you Gen Z wey start watch ball 2014 won't know who R9 was. Not your fault sha

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Iretii0511(m): 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2023
maxwell530:
R9 in his prime is the youngest to win the Best player in the World. At 19, he's already the most expensive player in the world. world Cup all time top scorer till klose.
If you want to talk of longevity in career,it's definitely Cr7 but when it comes to ability and on the pitch, Cr7 is not close to OPhenomena.
Delima Ronaldo is the greatest striker to ever kick football, when lot of football pundits and legends come to this conclusion, Just know they didn't do that because of stats.
Go read Jose Mourinho Autobiography, atleast he managed Cr7 and he even believed Delima is the greatest player ever.

First, you are probably assuming CR7 is a striker. He played from the wings most of his career.

Can you name a footballing ability that R9 is better than CR7 at?

Free kicks,
Dribbling,
Passing(have you seen CR7 shoulder and chest passes)
Crazy goals,
Assists,
Heading,
Speed,
Skills

Do you want to talk about how he single handedly delivers his teams? Like scoring hatricks that actually help win for his team. (Can’t forget the Juve vs athletic o match).

R9 is great. But CR7 is a better overall player. The only players I might rate ahead of him slightly was Pele ( I only saw his highlights but baba was a beast to have delivered that much at the time he did and Messi who in my opinion is luckier in his career journey)

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Angelfrost(m): 6:40pm On Jan 13, 2023
kunleiky:

The singular fact that Ororo became world best player as a premier league player is so underrated mhen.

Devilishly underrated ojare!

To score over forty goals in EPL, win player of the season, collect UCL, then win Ballon D'Or!

EPL of all leagues o!

Haba... That's just ridiculous abeg!

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Ade1177: 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

I said he had more goals than games only at Real
You can't dispute that.
Mind you, with all those goals, Messi still remains the highest goal scorer in la liga history and the player with most goals in a single season.
What I was driving at was that at Real, the backup cast worked exclusively for him to score goals. It is believed in certain quarters that affected their ability to compete for the league most times.

They've won more leagues then they had during his time since he left for example.

Even Fergie used to say the best teams win the league

This is all crap and bullshit

Worked for Ronaldo to score wetin

This is the reason why even if benzema scores 1000 goals in 1 match I still can't like him

During those days Ronaldo will do everything. Bale will do everything, modri will do everything and lay it on a plate for Benzema and he will play rubbish

Check YouTube and see all the highlights of benzema

Benzema will sky the ball shoot it into the heavens and kick ball like its a paper

He picked form after 12yrs of playing rubbish and making Ronaldo and bale work twice as hard

Benzema picked up just 2yrs ago

After playing since 2009

That's over 12yrs years of being average

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by TbergAyo(m): 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
Verance:
In his prime R9 was unplayable. He was the most skillful top 9 football has ever witnessed. He collects a pass far from the box 18, uses a combination of insane speed and mesmerising dribbling to bamboozle defenders AND goalkeepers before scoring easily.

Kids of these days think football is all about goal statistics (achieved mostly from easy tapins) will never know how insanely good prime R9 was.

I will start prime R9, bench prime CR7 and sell prime Benzema.

I will sell Benzema instead of CR7 because CR7 is more clinical in front of goal. In terms of overall contribution to the game and entertainment offered CR7 and R9 cannot hold a candle next to R9.

The uninjured R9 of the mid-late 90's and early 00's was simply a phenomenon.
Prime Cristiano was fire all the way from the wing to the Center. He was unstoppable!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Angelfrost(m): 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2023
Iretii0511:

Lol. 13 years after, it has not been repeated. Like, can even imagine that?

Repeat wetin?!!... It will stand for a century the way things are going.
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by maxwell530(m): 6:45pm On Jan 13, 2023
Iretii0511:

First, you are probably assuming CR7 is a striker. He played from the wings most of his career.

Can you name a footballing ability that R9 is better than CR7 at?

Free kicks,
Dribbling,
Passing(have you seen CR7 shoulder and chest passes)
Crazy goals,
Assists,
Heading,
Speed,
Skills
if you believe Ronaldo is not a striker, that means this thread is unnecessary because the other 2 are strikers and we shouldn't be having this conversation because they're not comparable. Don't you think?
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Ade1177: 6:45pm On Jan 13, 2023
kunleiky:

You're making someone emotional right now.
All of them have agreed to hate CR7 nothing more.
The world will not have such beast for decades to come!

I will say it again and again

What haaland is doing now

Ronaldo has done it 6yrs on a row before

Haaland and mbappe will have to Sweat blood to match his records

And keep fit for 15yrs straight

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by kunleiky(m): 6:48pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ade1177:

I will say it again and again

What haaland is doing now

Ronaldo has done it 6yrs on a row before

Haaland and mbappe will have to Sweat blood to match his records

And keep fit for 15yrs straight
Spot on!
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by kunleiky(m): 6:48pm On Jan 13, 2023
Angelfrost:

Devilishly underrated ojare!

To score over forty goals in EPL, win player of the season, collect UCL, then win Ballon D'Or!

EPL of all leagues o!

Haba... That's just ridiculous abeg!
Absolutely
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Coolboy009: 6:51pm On Jan 13, 2023
Verance:
In his prime R9 was unplayable. He was the most skillful top 9 football has ever witnessed. He collects a pass far from the box 18, uses a combination of insane speed and mesmerising dribbling to bamboozle defenders AND goalkeepers before scoring easily.

Kids of these days think football is all about goal statistics (achieved mostly from easy tapins) will never know how insanely good prime R9 was.

I will start prime R9, bench prime CR7 and sell prime Benzema.

I will sell Benzema instead of CR7 because CR7 is more clinical in front of goal. In terms of overall contribution to the game and entertainment offered CR7 and R9 cannot hold a candle next to R9.

The uninjured R9 of the mid-late 90's and early 00's was simply a phenomenon.
As a good coach you can't bench someone who is more clinical in front of Goal and play someone who is less when u have midfielders and others who can assist him. R9 in his prime is a great goal scorer but CR7 in his prime is a goal machine.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by ehissi(m): 6:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
fergie001:

@goal.com

With all due respect, this is an insult to the legacy of R9!! Stop comparing Alpha wolves with sheep!!

If R9 was to lead a team and play against a team led by CR7, you know that Cr7 will go home in tears, so stop this nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Iretii0511(m): 6:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
maxwell530:
if you believe Ronaldo is not a striker, that means this thread is unnecessary because the other 2 are strikers and we shouldn't be having this conversation because they're not comparable. Don't you think?

It’s not what I believe, the fact is Ronaldo isn’t a striker to start with.

But as a player, if you say you will chose R9 over CR7, it’s either born out

Dislike( hatred is a strong word). Or

Nostalgia bias

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Iheanacho, Musa, Iwobi And Others Pay Respect To Carl Ikeme / Wilfred Ndidi Biography, Age, Profile & Lifestyle / "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.