Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One (33518 Views)

Messi-Mbappé-Haaland : Start One, Bench One, Sell One / Messi, Neymar And Mbappe: Bench One, Start One, Sell One / Osimhen Vs Onuachu: Start One And Bench One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by maxwell530(m): 6:53pm On Jan 13, 2023
Iretii0511:

First, you are probably assuming CR7 is a striker. He played from the wings most of his career.

Can you name a footballing ability that R9 is better than CR7 at?

Free kicks,
Dribbling,
Passing(have you seen CR7 shoulder and chest passes)
Crazy goals,
Assists,
Heading,
Speed,
Skills

Do you want to talk about how he single handedly delivers his teams? Like scoring hatricks that actually help win for his team. (Can’t forget the Juve vs athletic o match).

R9 is great. But CR7 is a better overall player. The only players I might rate ahead of him slightly was Pele ( I only saw his highlights but baba was a beast to have delivered that much at the time he did and Messi who in my opinion is luckier in his career journey)
when you mentioned dribbling,crazy goals, speed,passes... that's when I know you didn't watch De Lima Ronaldo in his playing days.

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by DavSagacity(m): 6:54pm On Jan 13, 2023
I guess you never had the opportunity to watch R9 in his playing days.
fergie001:

@goal.com

I will start Cristiano, sell R9 & bench Karim

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by intruder15(m): 6:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
fergie001:

@goal.com

Start Delima, bench Ronaldo, dispose Benzema.
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by sageb: 6:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
fergie001:

@goal.com

I will start De Lima Rinaldo
I will bench Cristiano Rinaldo
I will sell Karim Benzema.
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Iretii0511(m): 6:58pm On Jan 13, 2023
Bitchiamjay:

In their prime? R9 was a beast! Cr7 doesn’t come close lol

You are John Snow.

Like, I don’t know where to start with you bro

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by onimcee1(m): 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2023
Johnson225:
Start R9, Bench benzema and sell Christiano asap, before he brings toxicity to my team cheesy cheesy
Remember it's based on their prime performance

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Niklaus398: 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2023
Creamypie:
cr7 no fit play against defenders Dalima faced oh. We no get professional defenders again. Then there were maldini, Thuram, desally, Walter Samuel, Ayala Fabian, taribo Lucas radebe, jaap Stan, desally, Javier zannatti, Nesta,cafu, dunga. Dem no born cr7 to test these guys
Ronaldo played against many of those players and came out top. For instance our match against AC Milan we won by more than 6 goals. Ronaldo played.

What the Bleep u saying?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Creamypie(m): 7:09pm On Jan 13, 2023
Niklaus398:
Ronaldo played against many of those players and came out top. For instance our match against AC Milan we won by more than 6 goals. Ronaldo played.

What the Bleep u saying?
go soddon.he no do well against any of em
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Niklaus398: 7:09pm On Jan 13, 2023
dcosmosboy:
Just leave this people, Cr7 couldn't do shit at his prime against Ac milan. Stam mark him throughout the game Ronaldo couldn't do anything. That yr Kaka won world best they beat Man U home and away. Ronaldo they fear defenders well well.
Ronaldo Delima all the way

idiot. Didn't United beat AC Milan dey year before by more than 4 goals? Gtf

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by swaley: 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2023
paulolee:
Start delima na
Pls Mr Fergie abeg no mk dis kain mistake again
No ever repeat d mistake of placing delima in same sentence with cr7 n benzema
Delima dominated world football n he is the goat of all strikers
Make d others win worldcup first abeg before u go start dis talks
shebi na tennis cristiano dominate?
Delima can't lace my goat's boot
btw whoever added benzema is high on industrial codeine
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Niklaus398: 7:11pm On Jan 13, 2023
dcosmosboy:
Did you watch Cr7 at his prime against defenders like Cafu, Gatuso, Maldini. if you did you won't even say anything. This guys always silence Cr7. Go and watch champion league when Alex was still manager against Serie A teams you will be ashamed of Cr7 performances

and yet United have won more games against SeriaA team than against other leagues.

If I remember correctly, there was a match United finished AC Milan by more than 4 goals

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Niklaus398: 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
Creamypie:
go soddon.he no do well against any of em
and yet we won by more more than 4 goals . I can show u a bit of Ronaldo doing mad stuffs against those defenders like Staam. Abeg comot hatred for your body. It stinks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:20pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ade1177:

This is all crap and bullshit

Worked for Ronaldo to score wetin

This is the reason why even if benzema scores 1000 goals in 1 match I still can't like him

During those days Ronaldo will do everything. Bale will do everything, modri will do everything and lay it on a plate for Benzema and he will play rubbish

Check YouTube and see all the highlights of benzema

Benzema will sky the ball shoot it into the heavens and kick ball like its a paper

He picked form after 12yrs of playing rubbish and making Ronaldo and bale work twice as hard

Benzema picked up just 2yrs ago

After playing since 2009

That's over 12yrs years of being average

This is not true. Ronaldo had more shots per game every season when compared to benzema at Real.
How do you think he got such a high number of shots if not service from other players or did he pick up the ball from throw-ins to dribble and score?
Benzema might not have been so prolific when it came to goalscoring when Ronaldo was there but you seem to forget he had no schism with Ronaldo over selfish play unlike Bale and Ronaldo who always had squabble due to both trying to outscore each other.
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Iretii0511(m): 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2023
maxwell530:
when you mentioned dribbling,crazy goals, speed,passes... that's when I know you didn't watch De Lima Ronaldo in his playing days.

Hahahahaha!

I wish you knew me in person. Ronaldo’s best version for me was 96/97 version closely followed by his 2002 version. I still see some of his brilliance in my head as I’m even typing this. That not withstanding, CR7 prime was better.

CR7 has the most dibbles in a single match,
Is top 10 speedsters of all time,
Has more assists and passes than R9.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by abdul23(m): 7:29pm On Jan 13, 2023
Seunfretty:
I love Ronaldo is a goal machine...crazy at his prime and can give u the goals...but did most of u watch Ronaldo Delima...i bet most didn't....that man was a menace ..goals aside CR7 is NT close in delivery....Delima is the total package ... mesmerizing run...can tear any defence apart like it's a play

I will start Delima

Then bring in CR7 in the last 20 minutes to kill the opponent

Benzema will have to be sold am sorry...
DE lima was good no doubt but he was surrounded by legends of the game both at inter Milan, At Real and At Brazil. He is a traditional 9. Not comparable to CR7. CR7 and Messi have so much raised the bar in The round leather game.
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Ade1177: 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

This is not true. Ronaldo had more shots per game every season when compared to benzema at Real.
How do you think he got such a high number of shots if not service from other players or did he pick up the ball from throw-ins to dribble and score?
Benzema might not have been so prolific when it came to goalscoring when Ronaldo was there but you seem to forget he had no schism with Ronaldo over selfish play unlike Bale and Ronaldo who always had squabble due to both trying to outscore each other.

During those days bro

Bale is not a striker but was way better, miles better than benzema

How someone can be putting start benzema, sell Ronaldo is just madness

Benzema that played bullshit for 12yrs just pick form 2yrs ago

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by abdul23(m): 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2023
Iretii0511:

Hahahahaha!

I wish you knew me in person. Ronaldo’s best version for me was 96/97 version closely followed by his 2002 version. I still see some of his brilliance in my head as I’m even typing this. That not withstanding, CR7 prime was better.

Na pure hate cause am. A whole CR7 that took EPL to a whole new level.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by abdul23(m): 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2023
Niklaus398:

What the Bleep u saying?
No mind that guy like say Him dey talk to small children. Me I started watching football since 1996 and I have seen the best of both but R9 no reach CR7 level in terms of who contributed more to football.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by KnownUnknown: 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2023

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Enskynelson(m): 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2023
dyera:

If you have nothing to say, then don't book space. The thread has reached page 3 yet your comment is still empty. Especially you greatness09 double space booking on first page.
Already said
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
paulolee:
Start delima na
Pls Mr Fergie abeg no mk dis kain mistake again
No ever repeat d mistake of placing delima in same sentence with cr7 n benzema
Delima dominated world football n he is the goat of all strikers
Make d others win worldcup first abeg before u go start dis talks
u guys are wickeddt!

grin
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by dimexy247(m): 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2023
IamGreen1:

Foodie grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by ThierryJay: 7:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
Iretii0511:

Hahahahaha!

The emboldened isnt true. Neymar holds this record in PSG's UCL game vs Atalanta in 2020.

Also note that collation of dribbling statistics in European matches only began from 2005, meaning that De Lima's outrageous dribbling feats in the 90s were never statiscized.

For those who truly watched those two in their prime, its obvious that CR does not hold a candle to R9 in dribbling and overall fear factor. He is a better goalscorer than R9 however.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by sirchim(m): 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2023
kunleiky:

Your argument sef get comma.
Tell us the part of the allowable body CR7 cannot use, oya.
Prove he can't dribble and tell us he doesn't create chances. Hit Youtube bro, relax and be entertained grin
Do the same for da Merciless MESSI, and tell us who dribbles best and passes best at same time. Messi dey park 6 players at once, Cr 7 can't do that and you knew it.
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by mayor1814: 8:10pm On Jan 13, 2023
I'm definitely starting Ronaldo De Lima. I'm benching Cristiano. Benzema shouldn't be in dis list I'm selling him.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Bitchiamjay(m): 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2023
Angelfrost:

I respect your opinion sir... But, records don't lie! grin

What record? At 21, R9 can already boast of a ballon D’or making him the youngest to ever win the award till date. At 22, he already won the world cup with over 200 goals. Talent wise, R9 was the better player, would have been up there with Pele and Maradona if it wasn’t for the injuries imo

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Jaytecq(m): 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2023
Felabrity:
Don't play with me.

Ronaldo is the greatest player of All times

Argue with me if your player has the highest number of goals in football history
With 0 WC cheesy
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by mayor1814: 8:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
abdul23:
Na pure hate cause am. A whole CR7 that took EPL to a whole new level.

EPL to new level? pls expatiate.
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Bitchiamjay(m): 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
Iretii0511:

You are John Snow.

Like, I don’t know where to start with you bro

“Tell me you started watching football in 2014 without telling me you started watching football in 2014”

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by frankmoney(m): 8:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ade1177:

During those days bro

Bale is not a striker but was way better, miles better than benzema

How someone can be putting start benzema, sell Ronaldo is just madness

Benzema that played bullshit for 12yrs just pick form 2yrs ago
it's just out of hatred . Benzene can't lace cr7 shoes .

Benzene should be compared with harry Kane. Etc
Re: Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One by Iretii0511(m): 8:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
Bitchiamjay:

“Tell me you started watching football in 2014 without telling me you started watching football in 2014”

Lol! I don't argue with people who try to win argument by assumptions.

I am sure I watched El Fenomeno than you. He was my favourite player before CR7. In facts, in 2003 when I first saw CR7, it was the love of R9 that I transferred straight to CR7.

R9 was a great player, but not in the level of CR7, Messi, Pele or Maradona

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wilfred Ndidi Biography, Age, Profile & Lifestyle / Iheanacho, Musa, Iwobi And Others Pay Respect To Carl Ikeme / "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.