Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce (21110 Views)

4 Things You Should Learn To Avoid About Women, If You Want To Live Long / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views / Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 7:00am On Jan 15, 2023
wales4real:
You have valid points but your two points are what religion help to address in creating a sane society. Life is not a bed of roses. If we all truly follow and live what religion preaches we would have less of these problems.
Religion does absolutely no such thing. Instead it is the men you have abandoned your heads to that fill your heads with lies causing you to believe that by listening to them you can even influence others when the truth is instead that you can't. undecided

So it never occurred to you even to this point that the reason why the divorce rate among the religious mirrors the divorce rate of those who are not religious has to do with the fact that what your religious leaders feed you are lies? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Jammy2012(m): 7:07am On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop spewing what are brain farts thinking you sound reasonable by them. undecided

This New Year, do yourself a favor, pick up and a read a book to help you gain what are critical reasoning skills. I recommend the book Being Logical, but any text that can help you hone your ability to reason logically will be a good place to start. undecided

Pin this point down bro. That shallow logical thought of yours doesn't get validation past this moment. grin I'm telling you effects in the next decade. I could deduce you can't see past your nose for now. I hope your children and grandchildren will be able to handle the reality of these silly logics.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by cococandy(f): 7:08am On Jan 15, 2023
Harddiskng:
A woman that is happily married and wouldn’t want to leave her husband is telling other married women to be comfortable with divorce undecided

I find scenarios like this common among women, I wonder why undecided

Happily married is the operative word. If she’s happy in her marriage, then her opinion is valid.
She said happiness is what matters.

If she were to be continually unhappy and still stayed in the marriage, then we can say she’s being hypocritical since she’s not doing what she says.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Victor1097: 7:10am On Jan 15, 2023
Sadly, I agree.

Longevity of Marriage does not equal to Success in Marriage:

Some Marriages were short lived but successful

While some were unsuccessful yet with longevity
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 7:12am On Jan 15, 2023
Jammy2012:
■Pin this point down bro. That shallow logical thought of yours doesn't get validation past this moment. grin
■I'm telling you effects in the next decade. I could deduce you can't see past your nose for now. I hope your children and grandchildren will be able to handle the reality of this silly logics.
1. Open your eyes to the reality that is Nigeria today. The reason why the country is where it is today and why the youths are nothing compared to their peers in other countries has to do with the society and family over the last 50 years at least. What you see today is a culmination of trends in society and family over the last 50 years. We cannot afford to maintain the status quo as it is bad for all of us.

2. I prefer a future where individual happiness translates to societal happiness than one where we continue to put down the freedoms of some for the benefit of others. undecided

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by wales4real(m): 7:12am On Jan 15, 2023
Being religious doesn't mean you "follow the crowd" and worship men instead of Allah/God. Any sensible religious know in their hearts what is morally right to build a better society from what is learned from the Holy Books.
Kobojunkie:
Religion does absolutely no such thing. Instead it is the men you have abandoned your heads to that fill your heads with lies causing you to believe that by listening to them you can even influence others when the truth is instead that you can't. undecided

So it never occurred to you even to this point that the reason why the divorce rate among the religious mirrors the divorce rate of those who are not religious has to do with the fact that what your religious leaders feed you are lies? undecided
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 7:14am On Jan 15, 2023
wales4real:
■Being religious doesn't mean you "follow the crowd" and worship men instead of Allah/God.
■Any sensible religious know in their hearts what is morally right to build a better society from what is learned from the Holy Books.
There is nothing in scripture that pertains to what you claim. So I am afraid you are still not speaking of that which can impact reality.. undecided

So long as you are dealing with morality, know that what is morally good for you may not be morally acceptable for me. undecided

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Hussein035: 7:15am On Jan 15, 2023
Jammy2012:
USA and UK are suffering from this "norm" that woman is talking about. As black people, we know our own way of taking up trends is so different. We do too much. As if paternity fraud is not enough cancer in our cells, they want to add divorce to it. Our system cannot cater for the resonance effect of divorce and broken homes. Who will wife after one or after two as a bachelor? The effect will resonate on the society for so long in a very bad way. This will be at the detriment of women and children. Which means we are going to use our hands to create new generation of unhappy children and lonely women. If you have that mindset even before marriage, I will advise such a woman to get used to buying dogs, because they might die alone. sad Woke generation nonsense in the part of the World will just further plunge the society into depression and further misery. In this part of the world; no child support system, no split in half after divorce, and no special treatment from the government after divorce. All you will get is to die alone unhappy. I'm not saying people should die in marriage. But marriage is not about your feelings (or mood swings nonsense), it is about being an adult and putting in efforts to fix situations that can be fixed. I foresee community of deadbeat parents and baby mamas.

It is the same useless divorce orientation in the immoral Europe that made their children made animalistic decisions which led us to LGBTQ today.

Their children with lack of parental guidance have pushed their society into LGBTQ through feminism. The useless Aisha yesufu should remove her ijab and divorce her husband if she refused to understand the important of strong family and it's effect on social integration

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by babyfaceafrica: 7:16am On Jan 15, 2023
The problem with duvorce is that it doesn't allow people put effort in making their marriage work. It provides an easy way to end marriages

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by IkemChris(m): 7:17am On Jan 15, 2023
Aufbauh:
Is that the reason why your principal Obi is jumping from one party to the other?
Even divorcing his 2019 hubby Atiku in 2022 without prior notice. Not fair ma'am.

#tableshaker.

Everything should not be politicized. She made a very good moral point but February 23 no dey let you read well
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 7:18am On Jan 15, 2023
babyfaceafrica:
The problem with duvorce is that it doesn't allow people put effort in making their marriage work. It provides an easy way to end marriages
What you said makes no sense at all. Marriage comes before divorce. In many cases, the reason divorce happens has to do with a one failing to succeed where it concerns working on the marriage. undecided

And no, divorce is not an easy end to marriage as unlike marriage abandonment which was practiced by your ancestors --- an easy unofficial divorce that society seemed more ok with, official divorce forces couples to face each other in deciding how to end the marriage together. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by babyfaceafrica: 7:19am On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What you said makes no sense at all. Marriage comes before divorce. In many cases, the reason divorce happens has to do with a one failing to succeed where it concerns working on the marriage. undecided

Some epoolek divorce for the simplest of reasons
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 15, 2023
sotall:
Those blinded by religion will not agree with this her submission.

Black people always allowing the western world to confuse you. They brought religion to you, told u not to divorce, you said yes, now they say u should divorce, you said yes it's better than religion. You people didn't know your cultures and values again. Anything the white man says you follow and call it civilization. Have you ever seen an Asian man making divorce a priority in a white man's court? Because it's easier to toil with black man's brain who cannot think for himself

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 7:20am On Jan 15, 2023
babyfaceafrica:
Some epoolek divorce for the simplest of reasons
Divorce is not as simple as marriage abandonment which our ancestors preferred instead. undecided

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by EmperorFred: 7:21am On Jan 15, 2023
Aufbauh:
Is that the reason why your principal Obi is jumping from one party to the other?
Even divorcing his 2019 hubby Atiku in 2022 without prior notice. Not fair ma'am.

#tableshaker.
You're crippled and can't even hold a table, how can you shake one?
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by wales4real(m): 7:21am On Jan 15, 2023
No matter how strong-headed or stereotyped you are, please try and pick some sense in other people's views.
Kobojunkie:

And no, divorce is not an easy end to marriage as unlike marriage abandonment which was practiced by your ancestors --- an easy unofficial divorce that society seemed more ok with, official divorce forces couples to face each other in deciding how to end the marriage together. undecided
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by udemzyudex(m): 7:22am On Jan 15, 2023
Mumu talk
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 7:23am On Jan 15, 2023
wales4real:
No matter how strong-headed or stereotyped you are, please try and pick some sense in other people's views.
You pick sense where there is sense to be picked.. lipsrsealed
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Jammy2012(m): 7:25am On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Open your eyes to the reality that is Nigeria today. The reason why the country is where it is today and why the youths are nothing compared to their peers in other countries has to do with the society and family over the last 50 years at least. What you see today is a culmination of trends in society and family over the last 50 years. We cannot afford to maintain the status quo as it is bad for all of us.

2. I prefer a future where individual happiness translates to societal happiness than one where we continue to put down the freedoms of some for the benefit of others. undecided

I understand your points clearly. But the adverse effects is what is brutal and will further push us into misery.
1. We will have new generation of children with anger management issue.
2. Children with little or no male figure in their lives.
3. Juvenile deliquencies will rise above the roof.
4. Happy society we assume we would see will only be for the camera.
5. Promiscuity will also rise above the roof.
6. Divorce is also another weapon that aids poverty (Just like the Northerners have seen), it creates weak men with shattered dreams. And weak men create difficult times.

I don't know what you've been through, but let's get past usage of emotions to make judgement rather than logic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Jammy2012(m): 7:28am On Jan 15, 2023
Hussein035:

It is the same useless divorce orientation in the immoral Europe that made their children made animalistic decisions which led us to LGBTQ today.

Their children with lack of parental guidance have pushed their society into LGBTQ through feminism. The useless Aisha yesufu should remove her ijab and divorce her husband if she refused to understand the important of strong family and it's effect on social integration
Tough times create strong men. Strong men create easy times. Easy times create weak men. Then weak men create tough times. It is a cycle bro

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by wales4real(m): 7:29am On Jan 15, 2023
Pick sense from Asians and why they are moving fast and if they fancy divorce as we've carried it on our heads and making it a trend in Nigeria.
Societal building begins from family units and that's the secret of Asians. But we Nigerians prefer to follow the west in building an insane society.
Kobojunkie:
You pick sense where there is sense to be picked.. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by udemzyudex(m): 7:30am On Jan 15, 2023
Trash talk, If you follow the stats you will know that most divorce cases are initiated by the women, apart from abusive marriage,half of it comes from women who feel they are now better,they feel they don't love the man anymore, especially if they're not getting whatever they use to get.

That's the difference between a man and a woman, everything is not about happiness, some times it is about sacrifice,a man will wake up 5am to go work for his family,it's not because he love waking up by 5am ,it's because that's what he ought to do as a man to keep is family going.

Most Morden women will japa is the money is not coming again and the man is broke,they will file for divorce instead.
Take a look at Paul of psquare,take a look at baskets mouth, soon they file for divorce and get child support from the man.
Is that what you called happiness?

The truth is Morden women can't manage being a boss chick and a wife, most of them see being a a wife as handcuffs or diminishing women.

Most Morden day women will die lonely #fact.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Bobbiee: 7:32am On Jan 15, 2023
This is the truth. A lot of Nigerians are raised in horrible marriages because of parents that are unwilling to divorce

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Fearyourcreator: 7:33am On Jan 15, 2023
Jammy2012:
USA and UK are suffering from this "norm" that woman is talking about. As black people, we know our own way of taking up trends is so different. We do too much. As if paternity fraud is not enough cancer in our cells, they want to add divorce to it. Our system cannot cater for the resonance effect of divorce and broken homes. Who will wife after one or after two as a bachelor? The effect will resonate on the society for so long in a very bad way. This will be at the detriment of women and children. Which means we are going to use our hands to create new generation of unhappy children and lonely women. If you have that mindset even before marriage, I will advise such a woman to get used to buying dogs, because they might die alone. sad Woke generation nonsense in the part of the World will just further plunge the society into depression and further misery. In this part of the world; no child support system, no split in half after divorce, and no special treatment from the government after divorce. All you will get is to die alone unhappy. I'm not saying people should die in marriage. But marriage is not about your feelings (or mood swings nonsense), it is about being an adult and putting in efforts to fix situations that can be fixed. I foresee community of deadbeat parents and baby mamas.
Deadbeats already flooded the whole place... Why marry in the first place if one knows they can't be patience enough to wither the storm... Most of them are not happy ooo... White people dey commit suicide pass blacks despite that they have low poverty rate... A child growing up without both parent ... The difference will always be clear... Will teach my children not to marry from broken home

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Fearyourcreator: 7:34am On Jan 15, 2023
Jammy2012:
Deadbeats already flooded the whole place... Why marry in the first place if one knows they can't be patience enough to wither the storm... Most of them are not happy ooo... White people dey commit suicide pass blacks despite that they have low poverty rate... A child growing up without both parent ... The difference will always be clear... Will teach my children not to marry from broken home...
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 7:35am On Jan 15, 2023
wales4real:
Pick sense from Asians and why they are moving fast and if they fancy divorce as we've carried it on our heads and making it a trend in Nigeria. Societal building begins from family units and that's the secret of Asians. But we Nigerians prefer to follow the west in building an insane society.
Look, what Nigeria is today is culmination of trends both at the family and societal levels over at least the last 50 or more years. So, don't pretend what is happening today came about overnight. This is the result of what our parents and grandparents were doing for the last 50 years and clearly, the result speaks for itself. undecided

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by AmuDimpka: 7:37am On Jan 15, 2023
Divorce is a sin
Divorce is wrong
God hates divorce
It makes the kids dysfunctional
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 7:38am On Jan 15, 2023
AmuDimpka:
Divorce is a sin
Divorce is wrong

God hates divorce
It makes the kids dysfunctional
Stop using God's name to spread lies. lipsrsealed
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Isabi4lov: 7:42am On Jan 15, 2023
Marriage is not a do or die affairs but if you're not ready for commitment and the likes , is better you remain single , after divorcing they will start running after people's husbands and wives undecided

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kingspin(m): 7:42am On Jan 15, 2023
Babe mama generation loading.
Soon our society will be full of single mothers

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 7:48am On Jan 15, 2023
Kingspin:
Babe mama generation loading.
Soon our society will be full of single mothers
And baby papas. undecided

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by AmuDimpka: 7:54am On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop using God's name to spread lies. lipsrsealed

Luke 16:18
18 “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Malachi 2:16
16 “The man who hates and divorces his wife,” says the LORD, the God of Israel, “does violence to the one he should protect,” says the LORD Almighty. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful

Repent ... Divorce is a big sin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do We Justify The Actions Of Philandering Men? / Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute / Please, What Do You Call Omugwo In English Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.