Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce (21108 Views)

4 Things You Should Learn To Avoid About Women, If You Want To Live Long / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views / Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
Harddiskng:
A woman that is happily married and wouldn’t want to leave her husband is telling other married women to be comfortable with divorce undecided

I find scenarios like this common among women, I wonder why undecided

Comprehension is key in life. Have it, it’s good

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by simplypj: 12:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
Divoc19:
Divorce is a new trend in our society
Divorce is here to stay
The more people realize that religion is a scam, the more they get divorced and live a happier life like our ancestors

Why bother marrying?
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by cococandy(f): 1:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
BigBashiru:

the woman saying "have mercy on me"....its the women themselves that choose those types of men that beat them up often because they are attracted to them....
so since she chose him and he turned out to be an abuser, she has no choice but to die there in that marriage? She can’t leave because she already chose him in the first place?

I’m imploring you to think before you respond

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by ZombieTERROR: 1:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
Aufbauh:
Is that the reason why your principal Obi is jumping from one party to the other?
Even divorcing his 2019 hubby Atiku in 2022 without prior notice. Not fair ma'am.

#tableshaker.

bulablu bulabulabu

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by BigBashiru: 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
cococandy:
so since she chose him and he turned out to be an abuser, she has no choice but to die there in that marriage? She can’t leave because she already chose him in the first place?

I’m imploring you to think before you respond

Have you not heard that women love abusive men and are attracted to abusive men.... so in many instances they themselves do not want to leave the abusive men... its only after their attraction to them fails that they decide to leave.....

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by cococandy(f): 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
BigBashiru:

Have you not heard that women love abusive men and are attracted to abusive men.... so in many instances they themselves do not want to leave the abusive men... its only after their attraction to them fails that they decide to leave.....

That doesn’t answer the question though. She chose him. Does that mean she shouldn’t leave? Yes or no

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by BigBashiru: 4:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
cococandy:

That doesn’t answer the question though. She chose him. Does that mean she shouldn’t leave? Yes or no

She shouldn't leave....see bah....if everyone starts leaving ooonce it doesn't suit them then there will be no marriage again....that's the truth....

Those that tend to leave once it no longer suits them are WOMEN!! There are bad guys too....but on average guys can stay in a marriage even if they are not happy. The same cannot be said of females... on average of course....there are exceptions both ways...

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by MeaslesMumpsRub: 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
Bintdawood:

She's samthing else fa.
Sister you are so Beautiful are you avaliable to complete the other half of A Brother's Deen ?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by prophetfire: 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
Harddiskng:
A woman that is happily married and wouldn’t want to leave her husband is telling other married women to be comfortable with divorce undecided

I find scenarios like this common among women, I wonder why undecided
You lack total understanding of her point.
She isn't encouraging people to divorce, but saying if it happens, people should learn to accept it as a reality of life, especially when it's done to protect a person's happiness and mental well being.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by mediclife1987(m): 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
envoymedia:
Nigerian human rights activist, Aisha Yesufu has said that happiness of a married couple matters more than longevity of a marriage, IGBERETV reports.

She said this while reacting to reports that actors Patrick and Iretiola Doyle's marriage is over.

She wrote on her Twitter handle;

https://twitter.com/AishaYesufu/status/1614152609727758339?t=1zxo8pdLO0jUM2TQXhkxyw&s=19

Women get more tired of marriage nowadays.
Their fulfilment is simply to have been a Mrs before and nothing more.

Very vain set of people...

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Divoc19(f): 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
Marriage is overrated
simplypj:

Why bother marrying?
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Gandrova: 5:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
SIRTee15:

Islam that promotes polygamy, child marriage, beating of wives and subjugation of women. Islam is the last religion to teach about true marriage.
That is why I said you lack common sense. Islam detest maltreatment of women and children. It is the only Religion that promote women Right.
As for polygamy you made mention, It wasn't just because of lust it was ordained by God if you can be just and fair in treatment.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by felzokugo(m): 5:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
Efiko don drop quote.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Bintdawood(f): 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
MeaslesMumpsRub:

Sister you are so Beautiful are you avaliable to complete the other half of A Brother's Deen ?

Thank you!
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Psalmistproject: 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
Aufbauh:
Is that the reason why your principal Obi is jumping from one party to the other?
Even divorcing his 2019 hubby Atiku in 2022 without prior notice. Not fair ma'am.

#tableshaker.

Dey shake table while PO is shaking the country Mr Reno tongue

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by SIRTee15: 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
Gandrova:
That is why I said you lack common sense. Islam detest maltreatment of women and children. It is the only Religion that promote women Right.
As for polygamy you made mention, It wasn't just because of lust it was ordained by God if you can be just and fair in treatment.

Muhammad clearly stated it's permissible for husband to beat his wife, u can't even deny that.
Mention one right bestowed upon women in marriage according to Islam. because last time I checked, afghan Muslim govt has banned all women from going to school or working.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by cococandy(f): 7:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
What a load of crock
BigBashiru:

She shouldn't leave....see bah....if everyone starts leaving ooonce it doesn't suit them then there will be no marriage again....that's the truth....

Those that tend to leave once it no longer suits them are WOMEN!! There are bad guys too....but on average guys can stay in a marriage even if they are not happy. The same cannot be said of females... on average of course....there are exceptions both ways...

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by BigBashiru: 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
cococandy:
What a load of crock

have you not left your boyfriend/ husband tell me the truth...
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Gandrova: 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
SIRTee15:

Muhammad clearly stated it's permissible for husband to beat his wife, u can't even deny that.
Mention one right bestowed upon women in marriage according to Islam. because last time I checked, afghan Muslim govt has banned all women from going to school or working.
For you to have lied against our Noble prophet, I rest my case.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by SIRTee15: 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Gandrova:
For you to have lied against our Noble prophet, I rest my case.

"Men are qawwamun in relation to women, according to what God has favored some over others and according to what they spend from their wealth. Righteous women are qanitat, guarding the unseen according to what God has guarded. Those [women] whose nushuz you fear, admonish them, and abandon them in bed, and strike them. If they obey you, do not pursue a strategy against them. Indeed, God is Exalted, Great."
Quran 4.34
Those are the exact words of Mohammed undiluted. I don't have to lie to tarnish his image, he already done a good job at that.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Cromagnon: 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2023
Divoc19:
Divorce is here to stay
The more people realize that religion is a scam, the more they get divorced and live a happier life like our ancestors
those women ain't happy being alone, but continue in your divorce
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Cromagnon:
those women ain't happy being alone, but continue in your divorce
They may not be happy being alone but I bet you they are happier than those who are married but lonely in marriage. They are probably even happier than those who are having to endure abuse regularly in marriage. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Cromagnon: 1:24am On Jan 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
They may not be happy being alone but I bet you they are happier than those who are married but lonely in marriage.
We will never know
All we do know is they are all on anti depressants and the married ones are not.

They are probably even happier than those who are having to endure abuse regularly in marriage. undecided
why you should marry with sense
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 1:27am On Jan 16, 2023
Cromagnon:
■We will never know. All we do know is they are all on anti depressants and the married ones are not.
■why you should marry with sense
1. Na you give them anti-depressants? undecided

2. So you would advice your daughter to marry so she too can get abused? undecided
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by idrisaleo1: 2:17am On Jan 16, 2023
Divoc19:
Divorce is here to stay

How many religious groups do you know about or you just wish to spread your ignorance here?
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 2:20am On Jan 16, 2023
idrisaleo1:
How many religious groups do you know about or you just wish to spread your ignorance here?
She is right that religion is a scam. undecided
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by idrisaleo1: 2:21am On Jan 16, 2023
Neddstark:
This hypocrite should stop wearing a hijab to deceive people that she is religious. Her views are sick for a muslim woman. Supporting homosexuality, now divorce.

Divorce isn't encouraged in Islam but it's allowed. There's nothing like till death do us apart in Islam. It's till when you can fulfill God's plan to each other. If you know you'll find that hard to do, it's better you divorce to prevent sinning.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by idrisaleo1: 2:24am On Jan 16, 2023
sammirano:
What does a muslim knows about the sanctity of marriage, she is excised.

Reasonable enough to know that there might be problems along the line. And instead of giving the son of Mr A to B, punching each other every day, it gives you both the freedom to choose peace and happiness. The God of Jesus is All-Wise, All-Knowing.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by idrisaleo1: 2:28am On Jan 16, 2023
socialmediaman:
That's what some people call "Wokeness".

Divorce is like a common "taboo" in many parts of Nigeria, especially the predominantly muslim north, and the city centers of the south especially the south west. It's also fast rising in the old eastern region.

PS: for those quoting me out of context, please understand the use of common “taboo” here, something that is common but not discussed publicly

I would want to believe that you understand not what you're writing. The north would rather divorce and remarry from the same neighborhood than give the child of Eze to Ademola.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by idrisaleo1: 2:34am On Jan 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
She is right that religion is a scam. undecided

Judging Islam and other religions that give the right to divorce using Christianity's faulty lens is lazy and unwise to say the least. The writer should accuse Christianity of being unreal because most its doctrines go against commonsense. One is its position on divorce.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by Kobojunkie: 2:43am On Jan 16, 2023
idrisaleo1:
■Judging Islam and other religions that give the right to divorce using Christianity's faulty lens is lazy and unwise to say the least.
2. The writer should accuse Christianity of being unreal because most its doctrines go against commonsense. One is its position on divorce.
1. This isn't about judging them by the faults of Christianity at all. All religions have faults given they are all built on theories and ideas cooked up by men with which to wield power and control over the minds and lives of their fellow men. undecided

2. Duh! undecided
Re: Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce by idrisaleo1: 8:07am On Jan 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. This isn't about judging them by the faults of Christianity at all. All religions have faults given they are all built on theories and ideas cooked up by men with which to wield power and control over the minds and lives of their fellow men. undecided

2. Duh! undecided

I wouldn't do a thing to convince you about your perception of religion. What I will ask you is to point out one cooked up idea or theories as you defined it when Islam gives both the men and women the right to seek divorce. Is that to wield powers over your thoughts or you are simply being dishonest to yourself?

And I say again, don't judge Islam or any other religious groups under the faulty lens of Christianity. Islam is a perfect religion that not only speaks to your faith, it does to your logic as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do We Justify The Actions Of Philandering Men? / Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute / Please, What Do You Call Omugwo In English Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.