Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture (42246 Views)

"All Eyes On The Judiciary" Billboard Erected In Abuja - Photos / Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by rainluv: 10:10am On Jan 16, 2023
MyFlair:

They all have their local names and want to be identified as that. An agbor is an agbor man. He’s not Igbo

why did the rest of Nigeria tag Nzeogwu Igbo?
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 16, 2023
stuffs2002:

Stop DISGRACING YOURSELF on social media.

His Army records has his official name as Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu. Except you want to tell Nigerians that the whole of Nigerian Army is fake
You are a disgrace. So at your age you believe it’s only sarduna can give him an Hausa name. So chike Obi’s son Mustapha was christened by Buhari I suppose
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2023
Abagworo:

It's not true. You can say few and those few are mostly those who migrated later from either Edo or Igala and were assimilated by the indigenous Igbos. They still attach importance to their ancestry but misunderstand the concept of ethnicity.
Ok do you know agree with NNAMDI Kanu when he said that Biafra has a part in the south south region
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 16, 2023
rainluv:

why did the rest of Nigeria tag Nzeogwu Igbo?
Just to indict the south easterners no more no less and you know this
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by TheAlchemist: 10:21am On Jan 16, 2023
stuffs2002:

Nzeogwu's father was a servant (gardener) in late Ahmadu Bello's house so Chukwuma Nzeogwu was adopted by late Ahmadu Bello (Sarduana and the then Premier of Northern Nigeria) and was brought up in Ahmadu Bello's house in Kaduna.

Ahmadu Bello was the one that gave Nzeogwu the name Kaduna and it was Ahmadu Bello that educated and put him in the army.

But like all S/E Nzeogwu was a snake that can not be loved as he was the one that came back to kill his benefactor

First time reading this revelation.
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by DriveByKiller: 10:29am On Jan 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
Continue to rest in Paradise Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu...
I see you like him, joe
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Omodua(m): 10:33am On Jan 16, 2023
Moh247:

Another child... Honestly Zombidiots are children argument with your kind is a waste
You must be a waste,renegade and Tinubu's urchin. You think your verbose will assuage the heinous crime committed by your Principal? You're are wasting your time.

You're an irresponsible kid fronting everywhere in Nairaland.

You should be ignored with your stupidity and infantile verbiage.
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by rainluv: 10:33am On Jan 16, 2023
MyFlair:

Just to indict the south easterners no more no less and you know this

oh ok
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by frowland(m): 10:35am On Jan 16, 2023
MadarasBlade:

It means we have all the oil in the country? Thanks.

As a geologist, I don’t believe anyone owns dead plants and animals.
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by dalass(f): 10:43am On Jan 16, 2023
rainluv:

you were born then? undecided
what an ancestor!!

Swerve! undecided
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by dalass(f): 10:44am On Jan 16, 2023
Moh247:

Another child... Honestly Zombidiots are children argument with your kind is a waste

Exactly!
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by igbosarejews(m): 10:44am On Jan 16, 2023
stuffs2002:

Nzeogwu's father was a servant (gardener) in late Ahmadu Bello's house so Chukwuma Nzeogwu was adopted by late Ahmadu Bello (Sarduana and the then Premier of Northern Nigeria) and was brought up in Ahmadu Bello's house in Kaduna.

Ahmadu Bello was the one that gave Nzeogwu the name Kaduna and it was Ahmadu Bello that educated and put him in the army.

But like all S/E Nzeogwu was a snake that can not be loved as he was the one that came back to kill his benefactor
Your màma Tow tow, that place he said Okpanam in Delta State, you did not see it. Guess Delta State is in South East, big idîot
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 16, 2023
stuffs2002:

You sound really ST00PEED in your lies. Who uses nicknames in the Army.

You can lie to yourself all you want but it will never change history. You may even deny that Chukwuma Kaduna Nzogbu murdered Ahmadu Bello if it will make you sleep better

Nzeogwu's family benefited from Ahmadu Bello's generosity only to come back and murder him in cold blood .

Thanks for insulting me. Discussion is over from my side.

Good morning.
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 16, 2023
MadarasBlade:

What led to the coup?

National cake politics.

Simple.
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by rainluv: 10:47am On Jan 16, 2023
dalass:

Swerve! undecided

Aight Ancestor wink
my regards to my great grannies
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Idiko1: 10:53am On Jan 16, 2023
MyFlair:

They all have their local names and want to be identified as that. An agbor is an agbor man. He’s not Igbo

I have a person from Agbor next door. His name is "Akwara" and he never told me he is not Igbo man till date. Even when his mother was still alive, she proclaimed to be Igbo. By the way, only Igbo person will understand the word, "Akwara". It is made from the palm tree.
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 16, 2023
TheAlchemist:

First time reading this revelation.

Unfortunately it is not true.

None of the biographies written about Nzeoguw...two of them..one written by Obasanjo, and the other written by his (Nzeogwu's ) brother mention anything about him being adopted by the Sardauna.

He grew up in his father's house, with an elder half brother (Mark) and several sisters (at least two of whon died of sickle cell disease) and his younger brother.

The adpotion by the Sardauna story is just to add some pathos.

Anyways, history is history...
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 16, 2023
Idiko1:

I have a person from Agbor next door. His name is "Akwara" and he never told me he is not Igbo man till date. Even when his mother was still alive, she proclaimed to be Igbo. By the way, only Igbo person will understand the word, "Akwara". It is made from the palm tree.
I’m telling you as a person who have lived in agbor and you are talking about your neighbor who probably want to identify with one of the three major tribe. How old are you or you are just stupid
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Mitsurugi(m): 10:57am On Jan 16, 2023
omoadeleye:
At least no one is denying the fact that one particular people started the first coup.

Yup. Niger Delta, Hausa, Ibo and Yoruba soldiers

1 Like

Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by MadarasBlade(m): 10:59am On Jan 16, 2023
frowland:

As a geologist, I don’t believe anyone owns dead plants and animals.

Why is Nigeria not dragging natural resources found in other countries since no one owns it?

1 Like

Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Fejoku: 11:00am On Jan 16, 2023
wirinet:

The Aburi accord had no legal standing? The other regions did not agree to it, the parliament did not agree to it. Ojukwu and Gowon could not just sign Nigeria's sovereignty away.
Do you know the people present at that meeting? All the military administrators(governors) of the four regions were present at that meeting. You can't change history.
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by DriveByKiller: 11:01am On Jan 16, 2023
Curious345:
Quite important to note that ,uptil today , Igbos in Delta State claim they're not Igbo ..

Isn't that funny?

Same way ikwerre claim they're not Igbo
do not generalize.
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by igbosarejews(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2023
mfm04622:

Their sin was, they killed political and military leaders of the North and Southwest. Sparing all political leaders of the Southeast!
They brought the first division in the country. To make matters worse, the person that took power that was also from the Southeast refused to punish them. Leading to dissatisfaction in the country, especially in the North.

Hey you bástárd, Delta State was never part of south east or the defunct Eastern region. It was mid west region ànd later Bendel state.
When it suits your idîotic submission, they turn to south east, but when oil is involved, same you will your shît tóngue will call them south south

1 Like

Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by kozmokaz(m): 11:02am On Jan 16, 2023
Bantu10:

Same thing true lagosians feel seeing the man who killed Funsho Williams going about campaigning to be president

Press there neck bro lol
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by DriveByKiller: 11:02am On Jan 16, 2023
Kewtt:

That town should be razed to ashes. It truncated the Nigeria of our dreams. The statue makes everyone there an accomplice. An evidence of why we must not vote anything from that region ever
Son of a homeless stray dog
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by 07kjb: 11:03am On Jan 16, 2023
RussellRutherfo:

War would have still happened even without the coup. The Islamic jihadist, Sarduana of Sokoto was already pushing the country towards that lane with his open hatred of the Igbos before that coup.

I am of the opinion that the coup kept this nation together because Sarduana of Sokoto probably had in mind to divide the North away from Nigeria.

He every inch was a Hitler in the making.
The only thing is the coup plotters who handled the Lagos part didn't do their side of the job effectively.

Kudos don't mind people that knows nothing

NZEOGWU REMAINS A HERO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Fejoku: 11:06am On Jan 16, 2023
Goodlady:
Same thing true lagosians feel seeing the man who killed Funsho Williams going about campaigning to be president
You mentioned it below, clearly written. Anyone who has heard the story ll know you are talking about Tinubu. Dunno if you are Igbo or a disguising Hausa/Fulani cos those ones can play dirty politics anyhow or you are just a political analyst or a paid lapdog. All I ll tell you is use wisdom to stand for truth & justice. A person that's right may become wrong if he/she fights blindly. Igbos are the cause of their marginalisation. From the mistakes of Ojukwu prior to the Biafran war back to Aguiyi Ironsi's acts that looked like he pardoned the first coup plotters to deliberately hating Awolowo that he's the one that told federal govt to stop allowing Igbos to v access to food during war etc.
Don't pick fight with me. Make sure you respond me reasonably.
What was Ojukwu's mistake before the Biafran war?
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Fejoku: 11:07am On Jan 16, 2023
Arda1000:
one thing leads to another without the coup they wouldn’t have been killings of Igbo in the North and then the war
There were killings of Igbos and other Easterners in the north even before 1960.
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by frowland(m): 11:09am On Jan 16, 2023
MadarasBlade:

Why is Nigeria not dragging natural resources found in other countries since no one owns it?

Thats not my point though but if you think that way, what can I say?
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by Idiko1: 11:12am On Jan 16, 2023
MyFlair:

I’m telling you as a person who have lived in agbor and you are talking about your neighbor who probably want to identify with one of the three major tribe. How old are you or you are just stupid

I could be older than your father who is stupid. There are migrants in Agbor, and I do not have issue if they claim not be Igbo.
Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by igbosarejews(m): 11:16am On Jan 16, 2023
Zulum500:

Good decision that 3 million ipob Jews were grilled grin

Nzeogwu now is an IPOB, but when oil is involved, son of a uséless móthér like yóu will tell them they're from South south

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections / Ayiri Emami Flies In A Private Jet To Visit Tinubu And Lai Mohammed. Photos / Crowd Welcomes Ifeanyi Ubah As He Arrives Nnewi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.