Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 (33085 Views)

Sheikh Abduljabar Nasiru Kabara Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Blasphemy / Ekiti Court Sentences Abdulsalam Adinoyi, Boko Haram Member To Death By Hanging / Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Blue3k(m): 7:22pm On Jan 17, 2023
BATified2023:
guy there are many of them

I am giving u first hand info, ok let’s just agree u don’t believe me…. There’s one video of a guy on Facebook, he was sentenced to death in 1996 n luckily he was not killed till it was changed to life imprisonment then presidential pardon

Go n watch d video n hear life experience

You provide the link and names. I asked you to supply the evidence. I didn't call you a liar. The vast majority of death row inmates are alive in Nigerian prisons.
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by advanceDNA: 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
One law for the rich, another law for the poor

Moral of the story....steal by corruption only..

once u armed to rob.....weda na knife, gun, scissors ..na death sentence straight ..since the days of anini

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by nedu2000(m): 7:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
Deceiving headline. It was armed robbery and the sentence is ideal

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by MightySparrow: 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
The judge may have had a terrible experience either with cultists or armed robbers before. The judgment doesn't look like corruption but vendetta.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by davodyguy: 7:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
Blue3k:

When is the last time a governor signed a death warrant? Every week read about the sentence but you never read about the execution being carried out.

Our Governor's here 'fear God's

But in Saudi, Singapore, Iran, USA, UK, Dem no send you.

If you know the number of Nigerians killed in Singapore for drug dealings, hmmm

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Marley15: 7:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
This total bullshit
Death by hanging for robbery
Can't believe this happen in my country

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by youngotene: 7:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
One politician will steal billions of dollars and will get 6months jail time.
May God forgive you Justice Dada

3 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by olarent: 7:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
The judgement is not fair,no life was lost in the robbery its should be 5years max when you look at the money involved. Lol people need to appeal this judgment. Did they give judgment like that to the rich?

4 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Mercury12(m): 7:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
What a fate shocked
I can see the justice system is only for the poor.
Politicians that stole billions of public funds are walking free

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by harjay1986: 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
Golan007:

Na Armed robber and your brother na him make.

Oga forget that one yes it warrant sentence but not not up to death ... forget been Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa - Fulani .... what about those who go away with billion from Nigeria account so to me the judge dey craze and stupid Nd Ogun go kill him parent sure

3 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by DMerciful(m): 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
But repentant terrorists are been released and rehabilitated. You see why this country is on her knees?

Armed robbery but the victim wasn't kilked. What a joke of a country where certain people are released for killing thousands while someone is condemned to hanging for beer money. Is the auditor general that stole over 90 billion sentenced?
Blue3k:

You're arguing blindly I didn't comment on the merits of the judgment. Nice try attacking a strawman. He was sentenced to death for an armed robbery. This isn't about the Naira amount he stole.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
That judgment is not fair.
All this judges self....How many politicians have sentence to death.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Enivin(m): 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
All I can say is avoid crime and live a life that is acceptable into Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Timekeeper452: 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
Justice dada Dey para.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Fourtygees: 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
It is finished... God why do you always allow the poor to suffer and he rich to enjoy... Poverty is a disease... Can he sentence tinubu to death even if he stole billion of dollars and was caught red handed?

2 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Nolevel666: 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
Olasyke:
Justice dada has issues at home because wtf

Still on, aggravated robbery with a dangerous weapon is supposed to be life sentence at it's strictest, which one be death by hanging?

Let them be hanging them one by one.
There are too much worthless bastards in Nigeria wreaking havoc all over the place.

There is no junction in my area where you will not find then asking you for money to “chop” an later use the money to buy weed and all sort of worthless drug. At night they start robbing people off their hard earned money.

Once they start hanging them, then the next would-be irresponsible parents who don’t know the meaning of birth control will think twice before popping out worthless kids like they are!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by texazzpete(m): 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
igbotormentor:
Obi's Obidient

Your own is worse na. You’re your father’s child
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Germi9: 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
Olasyke:

Still on, aggravated robbery with a dangerous weapon is supposed to be life sentence at it's strictest, which one be death by hanging?
Even Sharia won’t give life sentence I’m not supporting the rogue of a vulcaniser but Nigeria is hard

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by leisuretym: 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
Blue3k:

You're arguing blindly I didn't comment on the merits of the judgment. Nice try attacking a strawman. He was sentenced to death for an armed robbery. This isn't about the Naira amount he stole.

After supporting APC and Screaming Changi!! in 2014/15, you disappeared with this moniker and reappeared in 2019 and now you are here again, you eventually got the federal scholarship to study abroad , I now see how you guys trade the future generations for a plate of porridge, see how Nigeria is today, can you see! I remember this moniker very well.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by 9ino(m): 7:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
Armed? Why are they not killing cultists that operates real guns and even terrorists with big guns. This is not fair. If I'm the victim I would plead for him to be sent to jail. Mehn I was robbed off 62k, although if I see the guy in my domot I will still beat him black and blue but won't kill him
Blue3k:

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Osanoghodua1: 7:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
Robbery and attempted murder. 30yrs imprisonment is okay.

3 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Pharaohny: 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
Death sentence equate life imprisonment as death sentence is longer carried out lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Pipefitter: 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
The judge is high on some cheap drugs... I'm sure a higher court will quash the judgement

4 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Autobot05: 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2023
It's too harsh . But let him face the consequences
His accomplice should join him too
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Blue3k(m): 7:38pm On Jan 17, 2023
DMerciful:
But repentant terrorists are been released and rehabilitated. You see why this country is on her knees?

Armed robbery but the victim wasn't killed. What a joke of a country where certain people are released for killing thousands while someone is condemned to hanging for beer money. Is the auditor general that stole over 90 billion sentenced?

OK now you're shifting the goalpost because you were exposed on your first lie. Next time read past the headline if you want to understand what's going on. If you disagree with the judgement or policies thats your business. Instead if assuming to know my positions you can simply ask instead arguing blindly. It seems you just want to rant and argue with someone today out of boredom.

Lol I don't agree with death sentence if nobody was murdered in a robbery. I also don't agree with these sweetheart deal for the terrorist.
Your whataboutisms don't make this guy any less guilty of his crimes. If you want laws changed petition your Lagos state representatives.
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Olorirenimi1(f): 7:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
God will judge this useless justice in million folds
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by BarrElChapo(m): 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2023
Olasyke:

Section 294 and 295 of the Lagos State Criminal Law 2011,
“any person who steals anything and uses or threatens to use actual violence to retain the thing stolen or to prevent or overcome resistance to its being stolen or retained, is said to be guilty of robbery. And anyone who commits the offence of robbery shall on conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than twenty-one years, When the person is particularly armed with firearms or offensive weapons or any obnoxious and chemical materials, such offender shall be sentenced to death.”

As much as the sentence seemed harsh, I think the judge may have chosen to give the maximum punishment because the convicted person also was proven to be a cultist, which it would be impossible to believe it was his first time or he has not killed or inflicted injury on anyone before.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by christistruth01: 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2023
Give him 5 to 10 years and let him off on probation for good behaviour

Nobody died and this sentence is too Severe

More Serious Criminals dey Ground

Even Evans the Kidnapper that murdered 3 People in one year was shown Mercy

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by blessgreg: 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2023
Can u imagine nonsense judge. May God have mercies on our partiality
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by dragon2022(m): 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
Justice Mojisola Dada Eku Ise Oluwa!!!.
Isn't that judgement too much for crying out loud. On top of weitin now. (#57k)!
While the Former Accountant General of the Federation stole over #100billion naira nothing has been done to him.
Though, I really don't support any form of stealing and robbery but sentencing that Vulcaniser to death by hanging is damn too harsh.
I rest my case. Olorun lo mejo da!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by BarrElChapo(m): 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
dragon2022:
Justice Mojisola Dada Eku Ise Oluwa!!!.
Isn't that judgement too much for crying out loud. On top of weitin now. (#57k)!
While the Former Accountant General of the Federation stole over #100billion naira nothing has been done to him.
Though, I really don't support any form of stealing and robbery but sentencing that Vulcaniser to death by hanging is damn too harsh.
I rest my case. Olorun lo mejo da!!!!!

Section 294 and 295 of the Lagos State Criminal Law 2011,
“any person who steals anything and uses or threatens to use actual violence to retain the thing stolen or to prevent or overcome resistance to its being stolen or retained, is said to be guilty of robbery. And anyone who commits the offence of robbery shall on conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than twenty-one years, When the person is particularly armed with firearms or offensive weapons or any obnoxious and chemical materials, such offender shall be sentenced to death.”

Try not to be too emotional, this is what the law provides

Cc. bodmum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by just2endowed: 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2023
Felabrity:
Atiku and Tinubu that stole billions of dollars meant for Nigerians are still campaigning to become the president of Nigeria

That's how scary Nigeria legal system is.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Leaked Audio: My Name Was Wrongly Mentioned - Olofa Of Offa / Nnamdi Kanu And His Crew Don't Represent The Igbos - Igbo Broadcaster / BREAKING: Buhari Submits Assets Declaration Form, Shows Zero Debt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.